O/T — DVDs with cult followings

jaso

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
Alright, so I know this is off-topic from DVD deals, but I need help. I'm piecing together a news story on movies that have either been reborn on DVD or have established cult followings after being released on DVD. So far my list is limited to:

Donnie Darko
Super Troopers
The Crow
Requiem For A Dream

Any other additions? Suggestions?

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Didn't the Crow have a cult following much before the DVD?[/quote]

Yeah, the comic had a cult following.

[quote name='munch']

I love Napoleon Dynamite. i thought it was refreshingly unique.

[/quote]

Refreshingly unique? only if you never watched a wes anderson movie. God, it was like the makers of ND wanted andersons c*ck so bad they had to make a 2 hour shite fest devoted to him, onl somehow managing to miss the point of every one of his movies.

[quote name='boojiboy7'][quote name='munch']

[/quote]

Refreshingly unique? only if you never watched a wes anderson movie. God, it was like the makers of ND wanted andersons c*ck so bad they had to make a 2 hour shite fest devoted to him, onl somehow managing to miss the point of every one of his movies.[/quote]

sorry, disagree. Wes Andersen seems to deal with entirely different subject matter. Plus, Wes Andersen's humor is a lot darker than anything on Napoleon Dynamite. I don't think the two are commensurable at all.

[quote name='munch'][quote name='boojiboy7'][quote name='munch']

[/quote]

Refreshingly unique? only if you never watched a wes anderson movie. God, it was like the makers of ND wanted andersons c*ck so bad they had to make a 2 hour shite fest devoted to him, onl somehow managing to miss the point of every one of his movies.[/quote]

sorry, disagree. Wes Andersen seems to deal with entirely different subject matter. Plus, Wes Andersen's humor is a lot darker than anything on Napoleon Dynamite. I don't think the two are commensurable at all.[/quote]

I don't have a remark about your post, its just nice to see the word commensurable used in a sentence...

The first DVD players came out in late 1996. I don't think you should include movies that came out before that time since VHS is what made those movies into cult hits - not DVD. That leaves out Monty Python, early Kevin Smith, early Cohen brothers, almost all Mel Brooks, and lots of other things that have been suggested.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']3 pages and no mention of Mel Brooks films?
Spaceballs
History of the World Part 1
Blazing Saddles
Young Frankenstein[/quote]

I think these sort of lost the 'cult following'... no one really talks about them much anymore.

[quote name='ScottieBaio']About half of the movies listed are not "cult" movies.[/quote]

And most of the other half developed a cult following before dvd.

A Troma film, or a John Waters film is a cult following....all of these were just really good films that did moderatly well in the theatres...

PS: This topic was done 2 months ago.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']A Troma film, or a John Waters film is a cult following....all of these were just really good films that did moderatly well in the theatres...

PS: This topic was done 2 months ago.[/quote]

PS: I wasn't writing a story two months ago

Jackie Chan's City Hunter.

The mere fact he is shown dressed as Chun Li elevates it to cult status.

Also, Munch has the best sig image EVER.

bread's done
Back