October NPD Hardware and Software

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']R & C a system seller ? Thats a big matter of opinon.I own ps3 and wouldn't be caught dead buying that.

Now if it was MG4 or FF 13 (which only God knows when we'll see either ) is released and has those same kind of numbers you'd have a valid point,but calling a platformer a "system seller" just because its 1st party doesn't make sense imo.

In the end its all a matter of opinion/speculation as to what games are system seller until the games are released and we see the numbers but I personally never considered R & C to be one so those numbers dont surprise me.[/QUOTE]
Well, Sony fans like to hype up every exclusive the PS3 gets. They were the ones calling it a system seller and all that jazz.

But, I agree. I would never buy a R&C game.

[quote name='zewone']Well, Sony fans like to hype up every exclusive the PS3 gets. They were the ones calling it a system seller and all that jazz.

But, I agree. I would never buy a R&C game.[/quote]

Ah,ok I dont usually follow games I'm not interested in,but now I see were the other cager I quoted must have gotten that from.

I dont understand why sony fanboys feel they need to validate the ps3 just because its currently 3rd in the console wars.

As long as all 3 companies continue to make good games on their respective systems,I could care less who wins this gens war when its all said and done.

Shit its not like any of them are putting money in my pockets.In fact,as a comsumer,its quite the other way around. :cool:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
It's "What a Wonderful World."[/quote]

Theres actualy TWO! R&C tv spots, one with 'Happy Together', and one with the Ramones singing 'What a Wonderful World'. So your BOTH right! =D

The 'Happy Together' spot was the first one I saw, but I dont see it anymore, its been replaced with the Ramones spot.

That said, I do see plenty of these ads for R&C, but I watch alot of G4, Adult Swim, and wrestling, so Im naturally gonna see alot of game ads.

R&C are solid little games to get and enjoy if you have the system they're on already, but I don't see them motivating a system purchase in the same way that Halo or Mario might sell a Microsoft or Nintendo console.

That being said, R&C is one of the first polished, exclusive titles the PS3 has and marks the second exclusive I'm personally interested in trying.

The steady, constant sales of the DS both here and in Japan just boggle my mind. It's easily one of the best (if not the best) gaming platforms ever, but wow, it just moves a metric ton of units each month globally.

As for Ratchet & Clank, let me give everyone a history lesson. Not a single Ratchet & Clank sold 1 million before becoming GH. The majority of Ratchet & Clank games got around 400k-500k BEFORE going GH. The majority of sales before becoming a GH have been in December. And if my memory is correct, the majority of Ratchet games on PS2 sold like 200k in their release month (which was November, and they released either at the beginning of November or around the middle).

First off, the release of Ratchet & Clank Future was iffy, with only GS and a select retailer or two getting it in on October 24th. It's real release was 7 days later, where most retailers started to get it in. Sony did not start its marketing on the game until the first weekend into November.

Ratchet & Clank Future is the entire reason why I bought a PS3.

Well, at least it sold better than PGR4. I mean, I love PGR4 and all (PGR is the main Microsoft franchise that makes me buy an Xbox), but now those sales are bad.

PGR4 did have some awful timing and was hurt by Bizarre's sale to activision right after release, giving microsoft no real reason to promote the title heavily, and activision no ability to do so pre-release. It's a shame because it's a great arcade racer.

But then I also wonder, whether everyone knowing about PGR getting cheap quick hurt the game too. Many of my friends who are far from being hardcore gamers, who know I like PGR (and sometimes play it with me), admitted that they are going to wait for a price drop, because PGR games tend to drop price VERY quickly. Although that may be true, the only one I bought during a pricedrop was PGR3 (and that's because I didn't get a 360 until later). The rest of the series, I bought for near full price, but do not regret it.

PGR4 is my personal favorite 360 game this year, and the 360 has had a pretty good lineup this year (I'll admit that I was extremely disappointed last year with the 360 lineup, but many games I like for it have come out this year).

[quote name='jer7583']PGR4 did have some awful timing and was hurt by Bizarre's sale to activision right after release, giving microsoft no real reason to promote the title heavily.[/QUOTE]

MONEY? Or do you think that Microsoft was too despondent over the sudden breakup, and wouldn't come out of its room for a week afterward?

[quote name='daroga']R&C are solid little games to get and enjoy if you have the system they're on already, but I don't see them motivating a system purchase in the same way that Halo or Mario might sell a Microsoft or Nintendo console.

That being said, R&C is one of the first polished, exclusive titles the PS3 has and marks the second exclusive I'm personally interested in trying.

The steady, constant sales of the DS both here and in Japan just boggle my mind. It's easily one of the best (if not the best) gaming platforms ever, but wow, it just moves a metric ton of units each month globally.[/quote]
Exactly. They're one of those games that add to the reason why you'd want to have a PS3, but not be the game that would push you to get one.

[quote name='Puffa469']Theres actualy TWO! R&C tv spots, one with 'Happy Together', and one with the Ramones singing 'What a Wonderful World'. So your BOTH right! =D

The 'Happy Together' spot was the first one I saw, but I dont see it anymore, its been replaced with the Ramones spot.

That said, I do see plenty of these ads for R&C, but I watch alot of G4, Adult Swim, and wrestling, so Im naturally gonna see alot of game ads.[/quote]
Interesting. I've seen the ads a lot and never once saw the other version. Not sure why that is. Youtube's not helping either.

[quote name='The Mana Knight'] I'm not even going to bother reading replies. [/quote]

[quote name='The Mana Knight']As for Ratchet & Clank blah blah blah..[/quote]

A man of his word I see.

Exactly it is just a matter of opinion. Ratchet and Clank along the forthcoming God of War series PS3 games was the system seller for me.

I don't care about MG4 or FF.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']R & C a system seller ? Thats a big matter of opinon.I own ps3 and wouldn't be caught dead buying that.

Now if it was MG4 or FF 13 (which only God knows when we'll see either ) is released and has those same kind of numbers you'd have a valid point,but calling a platformer a "system seller" just because its 1st party doesn't make sense imo.

In the end its all a matter of opinion/speculation as to what games are system seller until the games are released and we see the numbers but I personally never considered R & C to be one so those numbers dont surprise me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mykevermin']MONEY? Or do you think that Microsoft was too despondent over the sudden breakup, and wouldn't come out of its room for a week afterward?[/QUOTE]

Well there were ads all over TV, but compare to Forza where they sponsored a whole television series on Speed TV. You can tell where the money went. Microsoft also probably realized it didn't stand a chance so close to Halo.

[quote name='opterasis']A man of his word I see.[/QUOTE]

Just use the ignore feature if someone's post(s) makes your eyes bleed.

Works wonders :D

Wow, I'm surprised no one has asked how the hell FIFA 08 for PS2 got the #9 slot. That seems like a game that sell about half of the units listed the whole year considering the popularity of soccer in the U.S.

I still never heard a number for Zack & Wiki. Although I heard it was disappointing.

Man, what are people buying a PS3 for anyway?

[quote name='KingBroly']I still never heard a number for Zack & Wiki. Although I heard it was disappointing.

Man, what are people buying a PS3 for anyway?[/quote]It's under 30k, which... is definitely disappointing, but far from unexpected. Voodoo Extreme leaked the top ten for each platform, and surprisingly things like DDR made it in there for Wii.

ouch for Zack and Wiki. Doesn't give me much hope for Okamwii (TM)

I'm more worried about the potential for future point-n'-click adventures on the Wii. Either Z&W turns around and becomes the ultimate comeback story, or Sam&Max better do really well.

If neither happens, I fear for the genre. Although, I think Z&W is failing more because of its style, title, and marketing more than anything else.

[quote name='evilmax17']I'm more worried about the potential for future point-n'-click adventures on the Wii. Either Z&W turns around and becomes the ultimate comeback story, or Sam&Max better do really well.

If neither happens, I fear for the genre. Although, I think Z&W is failing more because of its style, title, and marketing more than anything else.[/quote]It all goes back to expectations. We don't know how many they shipped (wasn't a lot), how many they expected it to sell (they claimed they were happy the first few days), etc, so we can't really say much without all three of those numbers.

[quote name='evilmax17']I'm more worried about the potential for future point-n'-click adventures on the Wii. Either Z&W turns around and becomes the ultimate comeback story, or Sam&Max better do really well.

If neither happens, I fear for the genre. Although, I think Z&W is failing more because of its style, title, and marketing more than anything else.[/QUOTE]

I have absolutely zero interest in Zack and Wiki because of the marketing. Stupid title, stupid cover... just sounds completely lame. I really should watch a video review, but damn. The marketing people behind that game really found the most effective way to run it into the ground.

[quote name='Chacrana']I have absolutely zero interest in Zack and Wiki because of the marketing. Stupid title, stupid cover... just sounds completely lame. I really should watch a video review, but damn. The marketing people behind that game really found the most effective way to run it into the ground.[/quote]Judging a game by it's marketing?

Isn't that like, not even judging a book by its cover, but by its ISBN or Library call number?

Chacrana- The game you're dying to play right now just barely ambiguously says "UR MR GAY" on it. No time to be judging things by covers, i'd say.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Wow, I'm surprised no one has asked how the hell FIFA 08 for PS2 got the #9 slot. That seems like a game that sell about half of the units listed the whole year considering the popularity of soccer in the U.S.[/QUOTE]
Soccer is becoming the most played youth sport, and many immigrants come with countries with soccer background

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Okay, this thread is going to be filled with tons of Wii60 babies all dancing because they feel the PlayStation brand is dead, when their console combo just got its ass kicked in Japan last week.

I'm not even going to bother reading replies.[/quote]

I am a PSWii60 crossdressing fagot that likes small children, not a baby.

It is over, Sony is finished. They should just start making games and be a 3rd party developer.

Actually, all sales for every console have been decent. I never thought that a year after it's release, the Wii would be in such high demand. It is still hard to find them around me. I guess the Wii should have been called the 360, cause they completely turned around their business.

Well they were in the hole, so it needs to be a 360 since it was already starting in the negative. Shut up. You know what I mean. :D

[quote name='The Crotch']But... a 360 brings you to face the same direction you were before you turned. It's the 180 that sends you in the other direction.

/argumentative[/QUOTE]
Owned!!!

bread's done
Back