Offical Heavenly Sword Thread (Current GStat av score = 8.0)

I'm on the final chapter now. I think I'll hold off on beating it for today.

I enjoyed the game for the most part, but there were a few things I didn't like.

As for the length of the game, I think it's better that it's a shorter game, I could definitely see it getting repetitive if it was too much longer. About another 2 hours would have been good, but I'm ok with how it is I suppose.

It took me a little while to get used to the motion controls, but I pulled off the most awesome trick shot yesterday when playing as Kai. I shot an arrow at a guy on the bridge (trying to save daddy) and at the last second he stopped. The arrow flew through his legs, just barely missing his crotch, and then I was able to tilt the arrow up to spear a guy in the head who was a couple feet behind him. I couldn't stop laughing at how cool that was. Collision detection has come a long way since Doom. ;)

I just wish the game had a replay function.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I really think you'll like it. Anyone that loves action games has to play this game. Let me rephrase that anyone that loves awesome stories, with amazing graphics, with amazing cut scenes, with amazing game play, with amazing voice overs, with amazing acting in action games should play this game. Yeah the final battle between those two is fucking awesome. Very few games have had that great of a final battle. Only a few games come to mind.

Also it's play time bitchies!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Onwr6evKts[/quote]

Word. Looks like I'll be playing this on the weekend. That gameplay vid of Kai is perty tite :D

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']It took me a little while to get used to the motion controls, but I pulled off the most awesome trick shot yesterday when playing as Kai. I shot an arrow at a guy on the bridge (trying to save daddy) and at the last second he stopped. The arrow flew through his legs, just barely missing his crotch, and then I was able to tilt the arrow up to spear a guy in the head who was a couple feet behind him. I couldn't stop laughing at how cool that was. Collision detection has come a long way since Doom. ;)

I just wish the game had a replay function.[/quote]
To record those treasured moments eh? Haha

[quote name='whoknows']I'm on the final chapter now. I think I'll hold off on beating it for today.

I enjoyed the game for the most part, but there were a few things I didn't like.

As for the length of the game, I think it's better that it's a shorter game, I could definitely see it getting repetitive if it was too much longer. About another 2 hours would have been good, but I'm ok with how it is I suppose.[/quote]

What didn't you like? I got to hear this.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']What didn't you like? I got to hear this.[/QUOTE]
I actually didn't like aftertouch very much. It's a good concept, but it was kind of annoying to control, especially with the Sixaxis controls on.

Also some of those "puzzles" were annoying as well, mainly the ones where you have to ricochet a shield or whatever off walls, especially the ones where you have like...2 seconds to do it.

Also one thing they should have done, was during the QTE's, space out the timing like God of War 2 so that you push the button, you get to watch what it does, and then see what you have to push next. With this you were pretty much watching for what button to push and didn't really get to see all the cool things Nariko was doing in the background.

I still enjoyed the game and don't regret buying it. I enjoy the combat system even though it is a little too reliant on countering. Should keep me busy until DMC4 if I need my action game fix.

I beat this last night and have to say thanks for those that described the Final Battle so I could finish it. One of the better games that I've played in recent history. Now, it is on its way back to Blockbuster.

[quote name='whoknows']I actually didn't like aftertouch very much. It's a good concept, but it was kind of annoying to control, especially with the Sixaxis controls on.

Also some of those "puzzles" were annoying as well, mainly the ones where you have to ricochet a shield or whatever off walls, especially the ones where you have like...2 seconds to do it.

Also one thing they should have done, was during the QTE's, space out the timing like God of War 2 so that you push the button, you get to watch what it does, and then see what you have to push next. With this you were pretty much watching for what button to push and didn't really get to see all the cool things Nariko was doing in the background.

I still enjoyed the game and don't regret buying it. I enjoy the combat system even though it is a little too reliant on countering. Should keep me busy until DMC4 if I need my action game fix.[/QUOTE]

I am about to finish chapter 2, and I agree with all your gripes. That said, I can't wait to see what they do with the second one. There are not all that many faults with the game and with more know how of the platform and the engine I bet they can do some really cool shit.

Beat the game.

I don't like that they
Killed off Nariko, I hope they fine some decent way to bring her back for the other games if they do make it a trilogy. I'd be against the idea of a more mature Kai because I like her the way she is, wouldn't be as much fun if she was serious.

[quote name='whoknows']I actually didn't like aftertouch very much. It's a good concept, but it was kind of annoying to control, especially with the Sixaxis controls on.

Also some of those "puzzles" were annoying as well, mainly the ones where you have to ricochet a shield or whatever off walls, especially the ones where you have like...2 seconds to do it.[/quote]

Wow really? I thought the motion controls and the after touch was put in rather nicely myself. I had fun with the puzzles as well involving the motion controls. I didn't have a problem with any of them except maybe the one where you raised a boulder up or w/e and you only have two tries to hit the button to get it right. Other wise you had to keep on raising it and trying it again. That one was a little annoying but it didn't really bother me at all.

[quote name='whoknows'] Also one thing they should have done, was during the QTE's, space out the timing like God of War 2 so that you push the button, you get to watch what it does, and then see what you have to push next. With this you were pretty much watching for what button to push and didn't really get to see all the cool things Nariko was doing in the background.[/quote]

I do agree with this, but it isn't a huge gripe IMO since I basically memorized everything and now I can watch sexi Nariko. ;)

[quote name='whoknows']I still enjoyed the game and don't regret buying it. I enjoy the combat system even though it is a little too reliant on countering. Should keep me busy until DMC4 if I need my action game fix.[/quote]

Cool.

[quote name='whoknows']Beat the game.

I don't like that they
Killed off Nariko, I hope they fine some decent way to bring her back for the other games if they do make it a trilogy. I'd be against the idea of a more mature Kai because I like her the way she is, wouldn't be as much fun if she was serious.
[/quote]

I really think they will have Kai as the main charachter at least in HS2 that is. As you could tell from the end when Nariko saved her, her "childishness" had worn away. She was a more serious Kai, a Kai we haven't seen the entire game. I think this is because of two reasons:

#1: Once she killed flying fox she was finally at peace with herself, and her mom.

#2: Having Nariko use the last of her remaining Heavenly power to save her from dying cured her. Also seeing Nariko die really made her put everything in perspective.

Thats just really my opinion on it, but I really see Kai as being the new main character, and being the more serious Kai we saw at the end. Nariko could be brought back, since the sword brought her back once it could do it again. Although if they do bring her back it better not be a dumb fucking way like surprise it was all a dream or surprise we are time traveling...:roll: I still think it would be better if they let her stay dead, but maybe have her as a spirit guide for Kai or w/e.

I'm really tempted to go back and pick this up at TRU. I like what I saw of the Kai levels in movies, though I wasn't too fond of the demo itself with Nariko fighting. I liked GoW enough (only played through the first), but there seems to be far more platforming in that than in this. The story also sounds awesome and I really need something that will get me to keep playing my PS3. All I fire it up for is the occasional Warhawk and BR movies. Suggestions?

This game is amazing. I beat it tonight after purchasing it on Tuesday for the B2G1. Although it was short, I believe it was one of the best action games I've played. I've already gone back and played some of the older levels already.

Endgame discussion continued:
I still think Nariko could make an appearance as some sort of spirit guide to Kai. After all, Nariko is likely trapped inside the sword still, or at least part of her is. When Kai finally takes up the sword.

If not, then we'll probably still get a mention of Nariko, as Kai, or whoever is the next protagonist, needs to learn to master the sword.

One thing we'll probably see in the next game is more fights with monsters, or at least more varied troops types. It's obvious that Nariko and Bohan were just the first moves in a much larger power struggle between powerful forces. And those forces are going to want the not so heavenly sword.

Well if Nariko is just trapped in the sword then she could presumably be released at any time. I don't see them abandoning that character. It's probably a safe bet that Kai will play a larger role, but I definitely see Nariko returning.

[quote name='Corvin']
Well if Nariko is just trapped in the sword then she could presumably be released at any time. I don't see them abandoning that character. It's probably a safe bet that Kai will play a larger role, but I definitely see Nariko returning.
[/QUOTE]
Boo! I'm seriously thinking of starting a "Let Dead Characters Stay Dead" group. It seriously pisses me off. If they didn't want her to die, then don't kill her off! Don't cheapen the sacrifice because some people can't accept the fact she's gone. There's so many ways they could continue the story without bringing her back to life.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']
Boo! I'm seriously thinking of starting a "Let Dead Characters Stay Dead" group. It seriously pisses me off. If they didn't want her to die, then don't kill her off! Don't cheapen the sacrifice because some people can't accept the fact she's gone. There's so many ways they could continue the story without bringing her back to life.
[/QUOTE]

Normally I'd agree, but Nariko has to be my favorite Heroine in a game, period. I hope we haven't seen the last of her. Also, Ninja Theory could have already planned out how to bring her back for a sequel when writing the first game.

After playing the game for a while, I would definately give it a 9 out of 10. It has pretty much everything going for it. Excellent cutscenes (probably the best acting I've seen in a cutscene, and the facial modeling is outstanding, really close to what I saw in the Mafia 2 trailer), variety in gameplay, and, for the most part, beautiful graphics. I have an absolute blast with the Kai chapters and they are a nice change of pace from Narikos sword fighting. It also feels like a game that I wouldn't mind playing through again after completion, which isn't a surprise considering the amount of times I played through the demo.

I watched the demonstration they showed at TGS for Ninja Gaiden 2, and it actually looked fairly repetitive and dull compared to this game. That won't be released for a while, though, so I'll reserve my judgement.

I certainly hope that development has begun on the sequel.

Played through it in one day. Only had trouble with Flying Fox (the second time), and the last boss (especially the last form) until I figured out how to be cheaper than he was being.

[quote name='Corvin']
Normally I'd agree, but Nariko has to be my favorite Heroine in a game, period. I hope we haven't seen the last of her. Also, Ninja Theory could have already planned out how to bring her back for a sequel when writing the first game.
[/quote]

She is my favorite heroine of all time as well, but I have to agree with Rei. If they do bring her back, and they pull it off well then I might change my opinion on it. I just have a feeling if they do bring her back it's going to be in a dumb ass way.

[quote name='ReaperZER0']Played through it in one day. Only had trouble with Flying Fox (the second time), and the last boss (especially the last form) until I figured out how to be cheaper than he was being.[/quote]
What did you have trouble with against flying fox 2nd time? I keep hearing of people having trouble with this battle and I don't understand why. I never had to do any boss fights more then once, as they all seemed pretty easy to me.

Has anyone played through it on Hell Mode? Is it exceptionally harder? Any different enemies?

Gah, I remembered I get paid today, woo hoo! Can't wait to pick it up and pop it in my PS3

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Has anyone played through it on Hell Mode? Is it exceptionally harder? Any different enemies?

Gah, I remembered I get paid today, woo hoo! Can't wait to pick it up and pop it in my PS3[/quote]

I will tonight, I heard it wasn't that much different then Normal though. Will confirm later tonight for sure.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']
She is my favorite heroine of all time as well, but I have to agree with Rei. If they do bring her back, and they pull it off well then I might change my opinion on it. I just have a feeling if they do bring her back it's going to be in a dumb ass way.

What did you have trouble with against flying fox 2nd time? I keep hearing of people having trouble with this battle and I don't understand why. I never had to do any boss fights more then once, as they all seemed pretty easy to me.[/QUOTE]
I had to do the final boss more than once. I think it's nearly impossible to hti back the blue things he shoots at you. I can do the orange just fine, but I kept trying for the blue and only got it about half the time.

[quote name='whoknows']I had to do the final boss more than once. I think it's nearly impossible to hti back the blue things he shoots at you. I can do the orange just fine, but I kept trying for the blue and only got it about half the time.[/quote]

You couldn't get the blue ones? :whistle2:s It's no different then the orange ones man. Just match up the stance with them and counter simple. I didn't have any trouble with Bohan, as I thought all his projectiles were pretty easy to counter and attack him with. I loved the final battle with Bohan though, easily one of the best battles of all time. Hell I thought the last battle with him warranted the $60 alone. I just hope in HS2 they make it harder, especially the boss battles since the game felt really easy to me. Maybe hell mode will change that though, I am hoping so.

Woo hoo, bought the game for $20 after trading some games collecting dust

I'll let the game install now and play it later, since I have to go to work :(

Edit: Hmm, it installed in about a minute, guess I'll play some HS now :D

I haven't gone through this entire thread...but I'm presuming that this is yet another 720p only game. So we 1080i gamers are screwed to play 420p, right? Can anyone confirm this either way?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It's 720p only.[/quote]
This is correct.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
I loved when Kai said "Maybe I will hit your weakpoint for massive damage."
[/quote]

Yeah that was great, so many great lines in this game. :D

I'm up to the part
where you find Nariko's father and you fight that lady, don't remember her name :whistle2:k

I love the cutscenes, so far my two favs
are both with King Bohan, first when Nariko is surrounded, Bohan's expressions and actions I found to be very ammusing, and the second when he's speaking to his three subordinates and the one dude Nariko just fought is trippin' out Bohan. I found that scene real funny.

So far the game is pretty awesome and the only problem I'm having is controlling things with aftertouch, especially Kai's arrows, I seem to be really good at missing BARELY, I mean, through the legs, right by the arms, buzzing the head, etc.. :/

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'm up to the part
where you find Nariko's father and you fight that lady, don't remember her name :whistle2:k

I love the cutscenes, so far my two favs
are both with King Bohan, first when Nariko is surrounded, Bohan's expressions and actions I found to be very ammusing, and the second when he's speaking to his three subordinates and the one dude Nariko just fought is trippin' out Bohan. I found that scene real funny.

So far the game is pretty awesome and the only problem I'm having is controlling things with aftertouch, especially Kai's arrows, I seem to be really good at missing BARELY, I mean, through the legs, right by the arms, buzzing the head, etc.. :/[/quote]
It just takes time to get used to it, you will get the hang of it eventually. Once you do, it will become rather easy to hit them targets. I started out aiming for their chests since that is the biggest area to hit and once I could pull them off easy worked my way from there.

[quote name='Vanigan']Also, try turning off motion control for aftertouch, works a lot better to me.[/quote]

I'll have to try that myself as well and see if it makes a big difference or not for me. Thanks for the tip Van, although I really don't have that much difficulty with it. Usually if I do it's the cannon's that get me and I JUST miss the targets.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'm up to the part
[/quote]
I love that part. I play that at least once when I play HS.

[quote name='Psykodelik']I love that part. I play that at least once when I play HS.[/quote]

The slit-faced psycho :p
Oooh, it's so much better when you're angry! Raawwrrr

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']How are you liking it so far Shini?[/quote]
Dude, just passed the game.
It's friggin' awesome and I loved watching the cutscenes. I was trippin' out when Kai starts getting a flashback and then Fox shows up. When she started screaming I was like, daaaammmnn, I hope he doesn't skewer her or somethin'. I was all into that part.
I felt that all the levels were very well designed, just one gripe is that some parts were just WAY too short. The integration and transitioning of the melee/shooter levels were really well done.
As for the actual combat, I never found it to be repetitive nor simple, and it wasn't all that easy to get through. I had to try three times against whiptail, fox (second time fighting), and had to retry two parts of the fight with Bohan, the first and third parts to be exact. Returning his blasts was reminiscent of Ocarina of Time vs. Ganondorf, and the whole three-part fight was really cool. One crazy thing happened at the very last part of the fight. We were trading blows, and I chucked him into the catapult ship and into the building, reflecting shots, he kinda kept kicking my ass when it was straight up melee fighting. I got all his health down, and I was barely hanging in, then I messed up on reflecting a blue blast and I died. The whole atmosphere and the fact that it went down to the line made me actually love the fact that I died, since I got even more into it. Thus on my next attempt, I pretty much whooped his ass ;D

Something I found coincidental was that I was at work earlier and ended up watching this Korean series called "Yeon gae so mun", and the one general left for one nation made a speech similar to that of Shen near the end of the game, when he's rallying the clan.

Now I can't wait for a second installment >_< I really hope they bring Nariko back, and I can't see Kai wielding the sword, seeing as how it would just kill her in the end and obviously that sorta thing would make a second HS more redundant. If anything, I'd see Nariko "inside" Kai and more involvement of the goddess/Raven King, as well as a new protaganist to kick some ass assisting Kai ;D
I honestly can see this like a Star Wars thing in the fact that there is a power struggle/attempt to acquire dominance with the sacrifice of some Key Characters, gone in physical form but not in spirit.

I've got to say that the Kai segment where you protect Master Shen on the bridge was one of the best sniper sequences in a game I've ever encountered.

I see this as just the opening moves in a much larger struggle. It's clear that in the Heavenly Sword story, there's more going on than just people looking for a magical sword. The raven lord is one faction at play, as is whoever made the heavenly sword. There'll likely be other factions. All in all they really made a good script here, one of the few cases where they managed to both have a self contained story with a satisfying end, and leave a lot of room open for sequels.

Anyone have sales data on this? I rented it, so the devs still got some of my money. I just couldn't buy it due to the length, but I hope it sold well enough for there to be more content made.

[quote name='Vanigan']
I've got to say that the Kai segment where you protect Master Shen on the bridge was one of the best sniper sequences in a game I've ever encountered.

I see this as just the opening moves in a much larger struggle. It's clear that in the Heavenly Sword story, there's more going on than just people looking for a magical sword. The raven lord is one faction at play, as is whoever made the heavenly sword. There'll likely be other factions. All in all they really made a good script here, one of the few cases where they managed to both have a self contained story with a satisfying end, and leave a lot of room open for sequels.

Anyone have sales data on this? I rented it, so the devs still got some of my money. I just couldn't buy it due to the length, but I hope it sold well enough for there to be more content made.[/quote]

Well that's the reason I bought it, they put a lot of effort into it, and I'm pretty sure they were aware of the length but didn't want to try the please the crowd if they couldn't do it effectively or w/out making the game more repetitive.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Dude, just passed the game.
It's friggin' awesome and I loved watching the cutscenes. I was trippin' out when Kai starts getting a flashback and then Fox shows up. When she started screaming I was like, daaaammmnn, I hope he doesn't skewer her or somethin'. I was all into that part.
I felt that all the levels were very well designed, just one gripe is that some parts were just WAY too short. The integration and transitioning of the melee/shooter levels were really well done.
As for the actual combat, I never found it to be repetitive nor simple, and it wasn't all that easy to get through. I had to try three times against whiptail, fox (second time fighting), and had to retry two parts of the fight with Bohan, the first and third parts to be exact. Returning his blasts was reminiscent of Ocarina of Time vs. Ganondorf, and the whole three-part fight was really cool. One crazy thing happened at the very last part of the fight. We were trading blows, and I chucked him into the catapult ship and into the building, reflecting shots, he kinda kept kicking my ass when it was straight up melee fighting. I got all his health down, and I was barely hanging in, then I messed up on reflecting a blue blast and I died. The whole atmosphere and the fact that it went down to the line made me actually love the fact that I died, since I got even more into it. Thus on my next attempt, I pretty much whooped his ass ;D

Now I can't wait for a second installment >_< I really hope they bring Nariko back, and I can't see Kai wielding the sword, seeing as how it would just kill her in the end and obviously that sorta thing would make a second HS more redundant. If anything, I'd see Nariko "inside" Kai and more involvement of the goddess/Raven King, as well as a new protaganist to kick some ass assisting Kai ;D
I honestly can see this like a Star Wars thing in the fact that there is a power struggle/attempt to acquire dominance with the sacrifice of some Key Characters, gone in physical form but not in spirit.
[/quote]

Damn... you died at whip tail? 3 times... :shock: Lol wow she is the easiest boss of them all. Can you explain to me what you had trouble against fox the 2nd time. I have heard of a few people having to re try this battle and I really don't understand why. I thought the game was rather easy myself, I died 3 times in the entire game. Two was at the start of the game getting used to the motion controls with the cannons because I ran out of time. The other was because I shot Shen with Kai, when I was suppose to be protecting him lol. That was it I never had to do a boss battle more then once, which is why I am asking about flying fox 2nd battle. I never found the game play repettive either, which is a good thing. I agree with you on the levels/cut scenes being great and also about some of the levels being way to short as well. Yeah the Kai and fox thing was one of the best parts of the game. I was really into that as well. I was pissed off like a mother fucker when I thought he hung Kai. Watching him toss her over like that with the noose around her neck and hearing that snap my heart sank. I literally yelled YOU MOTHER fuckER YOU KILLED KAI!!! thankfully my girl was alive with the quote "peek a boo ass hole" :applause: I really thought I wasn't going to like Kai, I thought she was going to be like the side kick on Blood will tell which if you never played it she is annoying as hell.

Ha ha yeah returning Bohans projectiles really reminded me of that battle in OOT. Which it found a special place in my heart as well. I actually had Bohan move once while returning the fury of projectiles I stopped and was like wtf you Ganondorf now eh? :lol: I heard of people having difficulty with this battle as well, but really you just take everything you learned through out the game and use it here. For this gen it is definitely my favorite boss battle thus far, and it's in my top 10 of all time boss battles as well. I think why I never had any trouble during the game play is because I love to counter, and that is what this game focuses on is counter and attacking. Especially for the bosses, you can spam button presses through the whole game but some bosses you need to counter and attack. The integration and transitioning of the melee/shooter levels were really well done. I definitely agree with that man, it really helped keep the game play fresh by doing this. They probably will bring Nariko back somehow, since the sword brought her back once it can do it again, however as long as they do it in a good way I am okay with. Snce Nariko is my favorite video game heroine of all time. I would like to see her sexi ass back in HS2.

"So it was your master who turned you into a slit faced psycho? Ohhh it's so much better when you're angry! ;)

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=g8moLnPIvs4[/MEDIA]

just finished it. i'm glad i bought this game, not selling it either. it's just too good. i loved all the characters - bohan has to be one of the coolest bad guys in any game/movie. totally fell in love with nariko/kai

Played through chapter 2 and early chapter 3 tonight. There is very little more satisfying than a perfect headshot with Kai's arrows. The "save Shen" level was incredible fun. The character reaction to being hit in different body parts (such as the inadvertent shot in the calf/ankle or, praise jebus, an arrow right in the groin) was a welcome surprise as well.

On the other hand, the whiptail fight had very good narrative, but the battle itself was not so good - her defenses were weaker than the typical grunts with shields!

I'm *really* digging this game, and have a slightly different perspective on it from the "it's too short" crowd. It is too short, but I think that where it suffers is not in overall hours playable, but that the "levels" or chapter segments are too brief overall. It's forgiving if you like short play sessions and frequent checkpoints, but just when a level gets exciting, it's over.

The inevitable sequel short have:
longer levels/distance between checkpoints
a longer overall game
less linear level design (not entirely, but somewhat)
more difficult boss battles (somewhere b/w what exists now and the Ninja Gaiden difficulty)
decrease the spam-ability of enemies and bosses

This is absolutely a game I'll find myself playing again down the line.

I totally sucked at the first Kai level. I think I got a grand total of 8 enemies. I wish they had the same option as Warhawk of adjusting the motion control settings as it seems the game registers motion based on the controller being level with the ground.

[quote name='Vanigan']You can turn off the motion controls for aftertouch in the options menu, allows you to use the analog stick.[/quote]

The motion controls work better IMO. Also I didn't like this mission either. At least the shooting part with Kai, I still can't do it very well.

[quote name='Vanigan']You can turn off the motion controls for aftertouch in the options menu, allows you to use the analog stick.[/quote]I know that, I just haven't gotten used to it. It just feels very akward tilting the controller in this game. Feels ok with Warhawk, though.

The main Reason
I died against whiptail was b/c I didn't figure out that you had to use a specific range attack to nullify each of her wave attacks, so that caused a lot of damage :/.
Fox was a bigger pain in the ass when he started making copies of himself, but once I got used to the game, I was able to take the clones down a lot more easily and remembered to save the pots for when I actually needed them.
The first Kai mission annoyed the heck outta me the first go-around, but now I can safely say it's a fun level since I'm used to the motion controls now.
I got at least 10 HS in a row ;o
Oh btw, nobody has seemed to mention it, but shooting the enemy in the ass is hella fun too, the way they jump up and down is hilarious. "I'mma get that gun and I'mma get that money Jake...*BAM!*...sonuvabitch! Shot me in the ass!"

[quote name='Inf^Shini']The main Reason
I died against whiptail was b/c I didn't figure out that you had to use a specific range attack to nullify each of her wave attacks, so that caused a lot of damage :/.
Fox was a bigger pain in the ass when he started making copies of himself, but once I got used to the game, I was able to take the clones down a lot more easily and remembered to save the pots for when I actually needed them.
The first Kai mission annoyed the heck outta me the first go-around, but now I can safely say it's a fun level since I'm used to the motion controls now.
I got at least 10 HS in a row ;o
Oh btw, nobody has seemed to mention it, but shooting the enemy in the ass is hella fun too, the way they jump up and down is hilarious. "I'mma get that gun and I'mma get that money Jake...*BAM!*...sonuvabitch! Shot me in the ass!"
[/quote]

Yeah my friend told me that is why he had trouble with fox was because of all the copies. I said oh shit when he started making copies but ironically only two at a time attacked, the others just stood their while I killed the other copies lol. So it was really easy for me to counter their ass and kill them off quickly. I still don't like that first Kai mission, I can already tell it's going to be a pain for me to get all three glyphs on that level. I'll save it for last.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I totally sucked at the first Kai level. I think I got a grand total of 8 enemies.[/quote]
Lol, same here. The aim speed is too slow. You can't lead your shots well when you can't even keep a bead on an enemy because he runs faster than your crosshair moves. I think the game is designed for Kai to aim like shit...to force you to use SUXASSIS controls or the analog to manually tweak the bolt's flight path.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Lol, same here. The aim speed is decent, but slow if zooming in. You can't lead your shots well when you can't even keep a bead on an enemy because he runs faster than your crosshair moves. I think the game is designed for Kai to aim like this...to force you to use SIXAXIS controls or the analog to manually tweak the bolt's flight path.[/quote]
Fixed for typos.
It obviously encourages the use of Aftertouch, but I have been able to nail enemies without having to use that, it's just a lot more accurate and having the satisfation that you just hit your target.

HALO3 9 hours, Stranglehold 6 hours... is HS really so short and not worth it... [when you put it in perspective]

bread's done
Back