Offical Heavenly Sword Thread (Current GStat av score = 8.0)

I'm expecting it to be around 300k in the U.S. total over time (I was thinking 150k to 200k the first month). Also, that isn't too bad for a game considered to be the ultimate rental by reviewers, making some people not buy it.

[quote name='shipwreck']Bioshock came out in August though and sold nearly 500,000 copies that month.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/boom/npd-madden-08-dominates-us-august-software-sales-299760.php[/quote]

Yeah your right, I'm an idiot and forgot that, still it's riding on some pretty big hype and with all teh 360's sold that could be why. Either way, with all the negative Press Heavenly Sword was getting, I am shocked it got sold nearly 140,000.

As most of you know, I am a Sony Fanboy. Why? Hmm, I dunno.

But, I have to say that Heavenly Sword get's a 7.

The game seems really sloppy. And I have no idea how they have so many people working on the game and so much money going into it and it turns out to be such a crappy, short, cliche game.

The boss battles are horrid. They are all so cliche! OMG!

The only thing that made the game a 7 was the combat is really really cool and fun. They should have stuck with the arena combat game everyone dredded. Oh and I think I might be alone that I think the Kai parts are acctually the best parts. I like guiding arrows into crotches.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh and I think I might be alone that I think the Kai parts are acctually the best parts. I like guiding arrows into crotches.[/quote]
???

Where have you been? It was a general consensus with all of us that the Kai missions were probably the coolest parts of the game ;O

Oh, and guide an arrow into someone's ass, that's a funny sight.

^^ Whiptail? She's tedious, but not that difficult...

i'm stuck at the final battle, part II...

how do you beat the flying Bohan? Better yet, how to you avoid/block/counter his flying attack?

[quote name='Serpentor']^^ Whiptail? She's tedious, but not that difficult...

i'm stuck at the final battle, part II...

how do you beat the flying Bohan? Better yet, how to you avoid/block/counter his flying attack?
[/quote]
You just hit the right stick when he swoops in to avoid it.

If you're referring to the blue/orange-red balls he shoots at you, blue is for speed stance, so block it and immediately "counter" to shoot it back at him, same thing for the red ones, except you use the Power Stance.

Think Zelda:Ocarina Of Time when you fight Ganondorf ;)

re: final boss

he gave me issues as well. Don't think of the fireballs as baseballs, aka swinging and batting them back. You have to actually take the hit and then send it back.

Wow, this thread hasn't been updated in a month?

Just wanted to let people know, if they haven't picked this up yet, that Amazon is going to have a deal on the game later today in the Gold Box.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']Wow, this thread hasn't been updated in a month?

Just wanted to let people know, if they haven't picked this up yet, that Amazon is going to have a deal on the game later today in the Gold Box.[/quote]
Interesting :whistle2:k

It probably hasn't been updated b/c there's nothing to update it with

I played it for a little bit today finally. It has been opened and sitting inches away from my PS3 for awhile now. I don't know why I haven't put it in until now. Fun game, the combat is really cool. Are the vioces not supposed to sync up? I recently got a surround sound and am running optical audio, could it be off from that?

I have a few more days off from school, hopefully I can create a dent in my backlog. This being top priority.

picked up the game during black friday, and finally had a chance to play late last week/this week... just beat it. love the game, just wish it were longer.

[quote name='Kendal']I played it for a little bit today finally. It has been opened and sitting inches away from my PS3 for awhile now. I don't know why I haven't put it in until now. Fun game, the combat is really cool. Are the vioces not supposed to sync up? I recently got a surround sound and am running optical audio, could it be off from that?

I have a few more days off from school, hopefully I can create a dent in my backlog. This being top priority.[/quote]

The voices should sync up nearly perfect. Check your audio connection..

I noticed the not syncing up during the opening video before you play anything. None of my other games are suffering from this. None of my movies either. I watch a ton of movies on my PS3. Weird.

A couple questions:
How do you guide arrows and cannons? I'm stuck on the stupid catapult mission. How do you move the cannon when you zoom into it?
Thanks for the help.

You have to hold the button you fire it with, then tilt it around with the controller

BTW, version 1.1 patch of the game is supposedly out, aka rumble support.

Is there any way to avoid the waves from Whiptail? I beat her, but it was annoying. Great game. The audio has fixed itself and is now syncing up properly. I am glad I picked this up. Not a system seller, but not a horrible game.

[quote name='Kendal']Is there any way to avoid the waves from Whiptail? I beat her, but it was annoying. Great game. The audio has fixed itself and is now syncing up properly. I am glad I picked this up. Not a system seller, but not a horrible game.[/QUOTE]
Depending on the type of wave you hit it with your chains in one of the stances. I forget which since it's been a long time.

Yeah, Whiptail is really easy.
I just cleared the first chapter, and I'm now on the second last part of Chapter 2 (where you save Shen with the crazy Kai kid).

Saving Shen is pissing me off. Any tips? He gets most of the way home and then gets gang raped in front of those statuses. This is annoying me. Are there many more missions like this?

Yes, there is another full level where you play as Kai. I loved the parts with Kai. Useing the sixaxis to control the arrows was great, not for everybody, but I enjoyed the mix up in gameplay.

[quote name='millrat1030']Yes, there is another full level where you play as Kai. I loved the parts with Kai. Useing the sixaxis to control the arrows was great, not for everybody, but I enjoyed the mix up in gameplay.[/quote]

Do you have to keep someone from getting gang raped like Shen?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']You must be terrible at aftertouch :p[/quote]

Not really. I am not that great at hitting the guys coming straight on. They hide in the shadows and are hard to see on my TV. I love nailing guys in the foot. When he is halfway across the bridge like 10 just come running up in a group.

[quote name='Kendal']Saving Shen is pissing me off. Any tips? He gets most of the way home and then gets gang raped in front of those statuses. This is annoying me. Are there many more missions like this?[/QUOTE]
I got that part on my first try. One thing to consider is if you are using Sixaxis controls, turn them off. I found aftertouch way way way way way easier without the sixaxis controls.

[quote name='Kendal']Not really. I am not that great at hitting the guys coming straight on. They hide in the shadows and are hard to see on my TV. I love nailing guys in the foot. When he is halfway across the bridge like 10 just come running up in a group.[/quote]

Nail someone in the butt, then put em' out of their misery with a dink to the head ;)

[quote name='whoknows']I got that part on my first try. One thing to consider is if you are using Sixaxis controls, turn them off. I found aftertouch way way way way way easier without the sixaxis controls.[/quote]

It really isn't hard for me to hit them with the sixaxis. But I will give it a try. After I beat Uncharted. I am sucked into that game.

[quote name='Kendal']It really isn't hard for me to hit them with the sixaxis. But I will give it a try. After I beat Uncharted. I am sucked into that game.[/QUOTE]
Can't blame ya, Uncharted is pure awesome. Usually once I beat a game it sits on my shelf or I sell it, but I've gone through Uncharted 3 times, one of those times in one day.

As far as HS goes, make sure at that part all your shots are with aftertouch, don't even bother with shooting normally since aftertouch gives you more time to kill them all since it's slow mo when you us it, and every shot is a 1 hit kill with it.

[quote name='whoknows']I got that part on my first try. One thing to consider is if you are using Sixaxis controls, turn them off. I found aftertouch way way way way way easier without the sixaxis controls.[/QUOTE]

Same here. No issues for me. As soon as you shoot a guy, let the next one rip. Don't waste time.

The Kai missions are a bit annoying. On one hand, the aftertouch is awesome and fun, one the other, it's very annoying getting into the habit of using the motion sensing. I just died at the 2nd long stretch one..uggh.

So I finished the game today. Returned after a week or so of absence and played through the kick-ass epic battle with (thoughts in spoilers)
Bohan. Nariko dying kind of kills a sequel, which is too bad, because if they made Heavenly Sword 2 the same thing with 2x the gameplay it could be a GOTY.

Basically, I fell in love with Heavenly Sword. Some of the best voice acting I've ever heard. If it was 8 hours or so (or R&C length) I'd even consider it for GOTY.

Oh yeah, and whats Hell Mode?

[quote name='Azumangaman']So I finished the game today. Returned after a week or so of absence and played through the kick-ass epic battle with (thoughts in spoilers)
Bohan. Nariko dying kind of kills a sequel, which is too bad, because if they made Heavenly Sword 2 the same thing with 2x the gameplay it could be a GOTY.

Basically, I fell in love with Heavenly Sword. Some of the best voice acting I've ever heard. If it was 8 hours or so (or R&C length) I'd even consider it for GOTY.

Oh yeah, and whats Hell Mode?[/quote]

Hell mode is just a harder difficulty, but it really isn't that much harder IMO. I beat the game on both modes, and the only difference I really noticed is the "timed" missions you get less time, and if you get hit you take more damage. I pretty much agree that if it was longer (around R&C length) it would be a contender for GOTY.

[quote name='Blackout542']I am on the last boss and having countering troubles. Any tips?[/quote]
Think Zelda: OOT when you fight Ganondorf. Same tactict but with more cowbell ;)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Think Zelda: OOT when you fight Ganondorf. Same tactict but with more cowbell ;)[/quote]

I think I was like 7 the last time I played that lol. Care to elaborate?

[quote name='Blackout542']I think I was like 7 the last time I played that lol. Care to elaborate?[/quote] You fling the balls of fury back at him just like you knock back the balls Ganondorf flings at ya.

refer to my other post about it:
You just hit the right stick when he swoops in to avoid it.

If you're referring to the blue/orange-red balls he shoots at you, blue is for speed stance, so block it and immediately "counter" to shoot it back at him, same thing for the red ones, except you use the Power Stance.

Think Zelda:Ocarina Of Time when you fight Ganondorf ;)

Just beat the game. I really liked the last boss fight. The ending cutscene was just sick. I really liked the motion controller in this game. It didn't feel like it was tacked on, and it was really fun guiding the arrows or rocket-type things. The facial animations were just awsome, probably the best I've seen in any game. I just wish there was more of a variety of enemies. I think I would give it between a 7 and 8.

[quote name='Blackout542']I am on the last boss and having countering troubles. Any tips?[/QUOTE]

Don't go at it like swinging at a baseball. That seems to be a common problem. You have to absorb the hit for a split second before you send it flying back. Pick the right stance and take the hit before sending it back.

[quote name='Corvin']Don't go at it like swinging at a baseball. That seems to be a common problem. You have to absorb the hit for a split second before you send it flying back. Pick the right stance and take the hit before sending it back.[/quote]

Yeah I was going in head first but then I took a step back and had a little patience. Wasn't so bad once you take your time.

Enjoying the game...don't know why this game with under the radar other than length. The game looks awesome, the story is interesting and the game flows well...always keeping u wanting to play more until u get up 2 the Kai level when ur saving Shen...
Its getting really frustrating...don't wanna keep replaying it! Any tips? Im currently using aftertouch but have thought about turning aftertouch off...will that even help?

bread's done
Back