OFFICIAL 2005 Yardsale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Scorch']:shock:

I bet it's :hot:[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is. I got it from an older guy. He said that the computer was acting up a bit after he put it in. He thought that the card was bad and ordered an 9800 Pro. He had the same problem and got a new motherboard and rebuilt the computer. The problem went away. His old board probably couldn't hand the 8X AGP. My brother is going to run some tests on it later. I got it for him since he's doing some modding projects right now.

For those who are drooling over this thread . . . as evilmax posted, he hit 39 sales that day . . . you can get lucky but otherwise finding really good deals requires a day of work . . . just keep that in mind. Plus, you can go to 39 sales and still find next to nothing.

Congrats to those willing to hit all the sales they can find.

Well, there is a community sale by my aunts condo today. Im on vacation, but if i get a chance ill go. Looking like taking the chance is worth it.

[quote name='snotknocker']5/15/05 - picked up NES Advantage for $1 and Rush Chronicles (2CD's) for $2. To my suprise when I got home and was looking at the CD booklet in the middle of it was another CD - Stevie Ray Vaughn - Greatest Hits - All the CD's look like they were never used

nesvan.jpg.w300h200.jpg
[/QUOTE]

thats how much i paid for my Chronicles at a pawn shop once.. one of the better Rush collections..

the yard sales around me are pretty lame.. except now that the pawn shops do not take NES games anymore i should go snoop around.. and to whoever was looking for a SNES go to a pawn shop.. i've seen some stocking them lately (roughly 10-20 though you could probaby talk them down)

[quote name='urzishra14']thats how much i paid for my Chronicles at a pawn shop once.. one of the better Rush collections..

the yard sales around me are pretty lame.. except now that the pawn shops do not take NES games anymore i should go snoop around.. and to whoever was looking for a SNES go to a pawn shop.. i've seen some stocking them lately (roughly 10-20 though you could probaby talk them down)[/QUOTE]

Do you think that during the sales and the days right after the sales would be a good time to visit the pawn shops?

Well I'm on the hunt again. Getting a late start but it's a beautiful day so there should be some pickins out there. Best of luck to all you bargain hunters today

[All boxes pretty much mint and include styrofoam inserts]
1 Adventures of Bayou Billy (Complete)
1 Blades of Steel (Missing sleeve, cart has "Robinson" written on it)
1 Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (Complete, manual slightly bent but not creased)
1 Contra (Complete, cart has "Robinson" written on it)
1 Maniac Mansion (Complete)
1 RC Pro Am (Missing sleeve, cart has "Robinson" written on it)
1 Star Wars (Missing manual, but includes merchandise order sheet)
1 Super-C (Complete, includes original receipt. Bought at BJ's for $30 on 12/29/90, my 6th birthday coincidentally)
1 Tecmo Bowl (Missing sleeve, cart sticker ripped)
1 Legend of Zelda (Box and manual only)
1 Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Cart + sleeve)
1 Golf (Cart + sleeve)
1 Slalom (Cart + sleeve)
1 Rad Racer (Cart only)
1 Super Mario / Duckhunt (Cart + manual)
1 Ultimate Unauthorized Nintendo! Game Strategies 332 page book
Paid: $8 (asking $10)

1 Tony Hawk 4 GBA
Paid: 50 cents (Asking 50 cents)

1 boxed Lego set 375 (made in 1966)
1 bag assorted Lego bricks
Paid: $1.50 (Asking $2)

I took sleeves from my other NES games to further complete the boxed NES games without sleeves. I also had a cart-only Zelda already, so now that has a nice box to be displayed in! That NES score made today the best outing yet (IMHO). Some not-so-exciting stories coming in a further post.

Good luck hunters!

Here's todays haul

520haul.jpg.w300h232.jpg

Nes system with all the hookups, gun, 2 controllers
Genisis 3 with hookups, 2 - 6 button controllers and arcade joystic

NES games - carts only
Bases loaded
Simpsons - Bart vs. the world
Pac Man
Top Gun x2
Castlevania
Mach Rider
pro Wrestling
Metroid
Double dribble
Robin Hood - prince of theives
Spy Hunter
SM3
Trojan
double Dragon
Excitebike
Ducktails
SMB/duch hunt
Faxanadu
Little mermaid

Genisis
Frogger
Aladdin
NFL 95
F-22 interceptor
Batman forever
Hard Drivin
Sonic classics
Animaniacs
Toy story

This wonderful little package deal was $20

Also Picked up at 3 seperate locations

Star Fox 64 - .25
Star Wars Shadow of the empire - .25
Street Fighter 2 SNES - .25

mario party 2 - $2
Ridge Racer 64 - $1
Donkey Kong 64 - CE w/expansion pack - $2
Yoshi's Story - $2

Star Was Trilogy Box set VHS Brand Spanking New - $3

So all the above goods cost me $30.75. It was a righteous day

1 NES
4 Games (Nothing special - Karate, Mario, Excitebike, and one other)
Power Glove
SSX Tricky (XBox - at a different sale)

Total: $.50

[The NES and games were originally $1 but I bought something else for $30 and asked her to just throw them in]

1 NES
4 Games (Nothing special - Karate, Mario, Excitebike, and one other)
Power Glove
SSX Tricky (XBox - at a different sale)

Total: $.50

[The NES and games were originally $1 but I bought something else for $30 and asked her to just throw them in]

Some nice finds again today

N64 Games:
Hybrid Heaven (sealed) - $2
Donkey Kong 64 (cart only) - $2
Excitebike 64 (cart only) - $2

PS1 Games:
Silent Hill (complete, very nearly mint condition) - $1.50
MTV Music Generator (complete, mint condition) - $1.50

Other:
6 books - $2.50
Thelonious Monk live 2 CD set - $1
Stormtrooper costume :D - $2

I am quite proud to furthur my Star Wars geekdom.

[quote name='erehwon']Do you think that during the sales and the days right after the sales would be a good time to visit the pawn shops?[/QUOTE]

or Goodwill on Mon or Tue . . . that's my solace. I can't hit yard sales but I score at Goodwill.

Heh, had a kid tell me he was asking $88 for his N64 system today (controllers were an additional $7 each) but I could pick 3 games to go with it :rofl: It was in great shape with 4 controllers and 10-12 generally good games all in great shape. I was hoping he was going to say something reasonable (like $40 or less for the lot) I don't even bother making an offer if it's going to be over 50% less than what they're asking. I have, but you generally just get laughed at.

I did end up buying 3 games + a memory expansion (for some reason he had the expansion pak sitting out with the jumper pak in the system) for $20 from him (Mario Party 3, New Tetris, Mario Kart 64) Not really yard sale prices, but a good deal.

Also picked up 3 Xbox games - Halo (non GOTY) + guide, Chase, Serious Sam + Rambo First Blood Part II SE DVD for $20. "Do we get to win this time?"

Was hoping to find a DVD tower of some kind, but no luck this week. (Probably saw 3 CD towers... But I did get a set of Tarot cards for a quarter :lol:

I ran out in between helping out with a yard sale we were putting on at my place, so I didn't get to as many as usual.

Man you guys scored big this past weekend! My wife agreed to go yard-sale hunting with me next weekend after I showed her your posts :) Especially since we just got Starfox 64 for $5 at Gamestop and you got it for a quarter (she likes the fox, heh heh)!

Sunday I got:

Excitebike 64
Mario 64
Mario Party
F-Zero X
Mario Kart 64

For $15 at a flea market. Got "Magical Tetris Challenge" from another flea market for $2

You 8AM guys are lucky. Around here if you aren't out the door by 6:30, you will miss all the good stuff. I went out the last couple weekends and hit about 15 YS in my area each Saturday.

The first weekend I got:

Pikachu N64 with original controller and hook-ups.
Star wars N64 game
$5

Dazzle 7 in 1 memory card reader $5

Last weekend I went out late around 8:30 Saturday, there wasn't crap left.

Then Sunday, me and my friend were loading up the truck for a day of squirrel shooting, when I noticed a Yard sale at the end of my street. On the way out, we stopped by and I found:

N64 with 2 original controllers, storage pak, plus hookups.
Nine N64 games
$10

Then I went out and got about a dozen squirrels. :) Pretty good Sunday.

I got:

Snoop Dog CD
Eminem CD
Chingy CD

all 3 complete basically new and newest cd's out for 3.25

Tom and jerry complete for ps2 for 1.00

Bag of 7 Genesis games for 1.75

4 baseball pennants for 40 cents =)

hit 1 street late saturday

[quote name='schultzed']or Goodwill on Mon or Tue . . . that's my solace. I can't hit yard sales but I score at Goodwill.[/QUOTE]

I love Goodwill...more fantastic deals than any other place by far!! Its hit and miss for sure...but there are plenty of steals to be found.

[quote name='hotwls13']You 8AM guys are lucky. Around here if you aren't out the door by 6:30, you will miss all the good stuff. I went out the last couple weekends and hit about 15 YS in my area each Saturday.
[/QUOTE]

It's all luck too though. For example, evilmax and I found the boxed NES games at noon! And we barely found anything all morning. Just gotta be at the right place at the right time. :)

Slow weekend because of Memorial Day, so there were only a few yardsales locally.

Sale #1 - No games, had some uncut baseball card sheets from 1981-85 Topps but none with key rookies on them. Told me that his kids had a Game Gear and some games but they weren't for sale.

Sale #2 - No games, just an older lady selling off some of her clothes and knick-knacks.

Sale #3 - Dreamcast System Bundle with 4 controllers (only 1 Sega), 2 off-brand screenless VMUs, off-brand RF adapter, Sonic Adventure, Hydro Thunder and a handful of sport games. Asking price was $30, I offered $20 and was quickly rebuffed. Left without buying (it's not really a bad deal -- but I have a buddy who's probably going to give me a DC anyway).

Sale #4 - A bunch of kids were pricing old PS2/GC/GBA games for more than EB would charge for them. They also had a couple of GBA systems (not SP) that they wanted $30 each for!?! Didn't buy anything.

Sale #5 - No games.

Sale #6 - No games. Bought 2 "Suppport our Troops" ribbon magnets for $1.

Sale #7 - On my way home, found this sale just a couple of blocks away. Asked if they had any games and the guy pointed to a plastic bag on the floor. "$6 for the whole lot" he told me. Sold.

games1.jpg

games2.jpg

games3.jpg

Ha, I found a box of NES games today (cart only), but the lady wanted $3 each. Most were crap and none were worth more than a few bucks. Also had a model 1 Genny ($10) and 5 or 6 complete games, but she wanted $5 each for the games. and they were all pretty much crap - sports titles and Shaq-Fu. I probably would have paid $10 for the lot, but really wasn't that excited by it anyway. Ended up just picking up a boxed controller (3 button) for a quarter. Was surprised that lady didn't have it at $3-5 too...

All the other random video game stuff I came across was a bit pricey for me. (Old Xbox games like Max Payne for $10 each for example.)

I did get a Longaberger basket for $0.50 though - GF collects them. (If you know anything about those baskets you know that's a crazy deal.) Besides that, just some clothes and a couple books. Another lady had big bags of free clothes (didn't get anything there). Don't understand why she doesn't just go to Goodwill and get the tax write-off.

I'd like to find a massive lot, but haven't come across one yet this year.

[quote name='wubb']

I did get a Longaberger basket for $0.50 though - GF collects them. (If you know anything about those baskets you know that's a crazy deal.) [/QUOTE]

WOW now thats a hell of a deal!!!

well today i got a namco ps light gun for 2 bucks
i found a vintage bowling bag with matching shoes and a ball in it for 1 dollar

large hand made bird house for my mom for a dollar

a stack of sutff magizines and gaming magizines(30) for 2 bucks(found a ripped up ff7 and tekken 3 guide in the pile when i got home)

random NES games 7 for 5 dollars..just a couple games i remember well and wanted to mess with so shelling out a 5 wasnt too bad for me

[quote name='Scorch']My guess would be the baseball cart with the initials on them ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh, ha ha. The image didn't load fully for me the first time so I only saw the bottom six carts. :)

1 Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition (Genesis, Complete)
Paid: $1

1 "Hungry For You" Pac-Man plushie
Paid: 25 cents

1 Area 51 (Saturn, Complete)
1 The Little Mermaid VHS (1975 Anime, tape made in 1989)
1 Captain Power Future Force Training VHS Game
Paid: 75 cents

1 N64 "Change the System" Promo VHS
1 N64 Banjo-Kazooie Promo VHS
Paid: $1

I got the SFII at the first yardsale we went to. She also had a Model 1 Genesis, a 32X, 1 Gen controller, 1 racing 32X game, 3 other crap Gen games of varying completeness, and a cart only Fatal Fury (Gen). She also had a Model1 PSX with Crash Nitro Kart, and 1 controller. Everything was dirty and strewn about in a box, it didn't look like all the cables were there. She wanted $20 for the box, $10 with all of the PSX stuff taken out. I would've paid $5, but she wouldn't budge, and I wasn't going to pay $10 for a dirty Gen + 32X and a few incomplete crap games. She barely gave me SFII for a buck.

Saw someone trying to sell 3 PS1 games for $10 each (Smackdown was one of them, sports titles for the other 2).

Not many sales today because of Memorial Day (and we've had a lot of rain all week, and I think people were expecting this weekend to be a washout, although it ended up being beautiful out). I'm actually surprised that we got what we did.

Well i started off slow but then I started to find some good stuff

Silent Hill 4-no book-$5 ( very happy about this one)
kirby 64 cart only-$10 (always been on the look for this one)
xena for ps1 complete-$6 (looked fun)
gunstar heros complete for $2.50 (Never played it but heard great things about it)
HP pavillion computer with windows ME -free(it was in parts but I put it back together)

and and older system called Telstar Ranger I got for $2, here are some pics of it

I also found the deal of the century at 2 garage sales, two people had 2 NES's they were selling for $40! I "almost" grabbed them but then told them they were worth half of that and they told me to get lost.

I don't have a ton of extra money but love yard sales.. anyway
I decided to drive around and stop at a couple at 11:30 today

First one I stopped at was my last due to the fact that i ran out of money

Kid, 12? maybe, had a table with an
XBOX system (a/v,plug,S-controller)
Tony Hawk 2 xbox,
a few not so interesting PS2 games

He told me he got the XBOX like 2 years ago and he's not into it and that he just plays PS2 all the time. I was like o.k. what do you want for it? ..$50 so i offered $40 and told him i wanted to be able to bring it back if it was dead. So i told him to hold it and went to an ATM and came back. Yeah I should have had cash on me but I only had $10-$15...

so I got an XBOX with a manufacture date of
5-13-2004 for $40

cool kid and i hope his mum wasn't mad as she just bought the thing for $150 last year

I'm heading out today. It's a little cloudy in the Toxic waste capital of the world today but maybr i'll be lucky

Went out today for the first time. I found out that many of the yard sales sold all their games (if they had had any - lots just had baby crap) on Friday. Who has garage sales on Friday when normal people are at work? Anyway, I apparently just missed a good load by about 20 mins - a NES, Super NES, N64 and tons of games. So I ended up with nada :(

no gameing related bargains today but I did pick up

starter backpack w/wheels brand new $6
256MB memory card new unopened $20
A/V Monster cables new unopened $2
Associated Press book on JFK 40 years old in perfect condition - $1

I've never seen any games at a yard sale. You guys are so lucky.. though I did find a TIME or a Newsweek magazine with the cover story being the JFK assassination.. was five bucks or so. Probably not a deal but a great piece of history to have.

Went to a Flea Market last week, I found:

SNES w/ hook-ups, game genie, Mario Allstars COMPLETE, Star Fox COMPLETE, Super Mario World, Joe & Mac, Donkey Kong Country, and a 4 player adapter. All the games not complete had instructions and it came with like 3 posters. 35 dollars

Commodore 64 in original box with everything they got the day they got it new. 10 dollars

Mario Plush Doll. 1 dollar

Camel "Born To Be Smooth" Lighter. 1 dollar

Today...only 1 yard sale hit, they advertised it with them having a playstation to sell. They didn't have one, fortunately they had some games.

All PS1:
Tetris Plus gh
The Game of Life
South Park Chef's Love Shack

All are mint/complete, but the upc's are cut out from all of them.

Set me back $10.

[quote name='evilmax17']Very disappointing day today. We went to 8 yardsales today, but there wasn't much anywhere. Half of the yardsales consisted of a small table with less than a dozen items on it (and we got there at the very beginning). 2 yardsales were moving sales, and we had to actually go into the peoples' houses to look around. But yeah, we found one thing at this junky dump-esque yardsale. They also had a sealed Hyper-Blade for PC, but I already had it (and the $1 building-19 sticker was still on it.

1 Pac-Man board game (missing the dots :sad: )
Paid: 50 cents

(As much fun as the arcade game of the same name!)[/QUOTE]

We have that game...the dots are just small white marbles.

You guys have had some nice finds. My best yardsale find ever was probably a Colecovision with two controllers and Centipede for 5 bucks. I need to start looking at garage sales again.

[url="http://img242.echo.cx/my.php?image=zeldared2vp.jpg"]

1 Official Players Guide to The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages + Seasons (Mint)
1 The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages (GBC, Sealed)
1 The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons (GBC, Sealed)
1 Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance (GBA, Sealed)
1 Lunar Legend (GBA, Sealed)
1 Bin of Legos
83 Pokemon mini-figures
Paid: $42

1 Game Boy Original
1 Radar Mission (Cart only)
1 Hyper Lode Runner (Cart + case)
Paid: $3

1 Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (Case + manual only, NO DISC)
1 Descent: Freespace (Disk 1 ONLY)
1 Descent: Freespace Strategy Guide
1 MLB 2000 Demo Disk (PSX, sealed)
Paid: FREE

Went to 40 sales today, bought most of our stuff at one place. The top-most entry was purchased at roughly 10AM from a yardsale that was more like a store. I would have to guess that this lady was once an eBay seller, because she had tons of new Lego sets and tons of toys, all at pretty high prices ($20 for an open Lego set). I don't think she knew the value of the GB stuff (she was originally asking $10 appiece for the GBA games, and $15 each for the Zelda games, no price on the guide). She also had a sealed M+L Superstar Saga marked $15, and while I don't own it, I just left it (we were already buying enough as it is). The breakdown is pretty much $35 for all the game stuff, $5 for the Legos, and $2 for all of the Pokemon.

Passed up a lot of stuff today. Some lady was selling an N64 + ~15 games, $15 for the system and $2 each for the games. I offered her $2 for Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Puzzle league, but she wouldn't budge because "those are the prices that my son wants". This was at 11:45, and this particular sale was ending at noon. So that bitch doesn't get our money!

Also saw 4 NES games marked at $1 each, talked her down to $2 for all 4 but decided against it (TMNT with an unremovable tag on the sticker, Operation Wolf, and the 2 R.O.B. games).

Earlier in the day I saw a complete Resident Evil: Directors Cut GH for $1, but it's not anything I needed (already have RE for PC and GCN, so I'd never play it).

Kinda wish I bought the NES games + Pokemon Puzzle League now, but eh, there's always next week.

Tempted to eBay the Zelda stuff, but my collector side won't let me. The only GBA Castlevania that I was missing was HOD, so I'm opening and keeping that. I thought "what the hell" on Lunar, so I'll open that up. The Zeldas are staying sealed for eternity. I'll probably end up throwing away most of the free stuff (can't play em anyway).

Not a bad day. It feels weird to see so many games and pass them up, but you just have to keep telling yourself that they weren't at prices you were willing to pay. Ah well, I can't complain after the Zelda haul.

Good luck fellow bargain hunters![/url]

[quote name='evilmax17']
Earlier in the day I saw a complete Resident Evil: Directors Cut GH for $1, but it's not anything I needed (already have RE for PC and GCN, so I'd never play it).
][/QUOTE]

It is worth it for the most horrible voice acting ever known to man.

$1 is a steal to hear "You almost became a Jill sandwich!!".

Its sad that my best find today was a 2 dollar goldeneye 007 guide at a gamestop. Only real game stuff I found was a skeezy nes with about 10 games for 50 bucks. I didn't even want to talk it down just cause I doubt I would have even got it below 30.

this is my first post on this thread, but i mad out like i bandit i think to day

sege genisis $ 5 + 2 games
orginal nes, working, $5
copy of hot shots for ps1 .50
atv off road fury 2= $2
syphon filter 3 ps1= $2

i was happy with finds was about to spend 16 for genisis at a local store:lol:

oops forgot got golden eye for n64 for 2 bucks works great, but no box

[quote name='camelking6969']this is my first post on this thread, but i mad out like i bandit i think to day

sege genisis $ 5 + 2 games
orginal nes, working, $5
copy of hot shots for ps1 .50
atv off road fury 2= $2
syphon filter 3 ps1= $2

i was happy with finds was about to spend 16 for genisis at a local store:lol:

oops forgot got golden eye for n64 for 2 bucks works great, but no box[/QUOTE]

pretty good score - what genny games did you get?

[quote name='snotknocker']pretty good score - what genny games did you get?[/QUOTE]
eternal champion and wimbeldon tennis

Picked up Mario and Luigi GBA for $2

Passed on a NES with 30 prime cart only games including all the Dragon Warriors and MM 1, 2 & 3 guy wanted $70. I offered $40 (that's all that was left in my yardsale budget) but he would'nt budge.

Passed on a Sega CD complete for $20 and a Dreamcast complete for $10

[quote name='snotknocker']Picked up Maria and Luigi GBA for $2[/QUOTE]

Is that Mario dressing in drag now and calling himself Maria?

[quote name='gizmogc']Is that Mario dressing in drag now and calling himself Maria?[/QUOTE]

ummm......uhhhh........yup

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back