OFFICIAL 2006 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='erehwon']off of freecycle.[/quote]
I'd never heard of this until you mentioned it, and I just signed up for all of my surrounding towns. Have you ever made "WANTED" posts asking for games? I just gave it a whirl.

[quote name='evilmax17']I'd never heard of this until you mentioned it, and I just signed up for all of my surrounding towns. Have you ever made "WANTED" posts asking for games? I just gave it a whirl.[/QUOTE]

Yea. I asked was looking for a sega saturn and someone had one. The thing you have to remember is that you have to offer something before you are allowed to post a wanted. It's a pretty good way to get rid of unwanted stuff.

I went garage sailling last saturday. I was on a bike so I could only hit about 10-15 sales. A couple was selling a Genesis w/26 games for 45$. I haggled the Husband down to 15$ for:

The Genesis
Toejam and Earl (no box)
Zombies ate my Neihbors (no box)
Shaq-fu
Off brand controller w/screen
Arcade style Controller

I tested it out at home and the left controller port is broken. But the games more than make up for it.

I got a copy of Arc the Lad Collection for free at my job. Everything is in immaculate condition, including the discs. It has all of the goodies in the omake box. The bag that kept all the standees hasn't even been opened!

Now I'm off to get u pretty huge sega bundle. will post list later.

^ always glad to see another bike using garage saling cag its an entirely different experience when your thinking "shit" whenever a mini van passes you because you know whats up and where they are going and you just have to pedal all the faster.

I have a friend (and a fellow cag) coming over this weekend to do some g-saling around my house. We will still be on bikes I guess he will take my old one and ill use my new one i got at a g-sale. The only problem i can imagine would be us fighting on a driveway over who saw it first.

OK, so I just got back. Everything is in good to mint condition. Here is what I got:

Sega Genesis (model 1)
2 Master System Converters (1 NEVER used)
Sega CD (Needs New AC Power Pack) (1st model w/the disc tray)
4 - Controllers
1 - Arcade Stick (genesis)
1 - Arcade Stick (master system)
Games
19 Genesis Games (7 without cases)
4 Sega CD Games
30 master system games (6 without cases)

Games List
Genesis
1) Super off road (w/o case)
2) Earthworm Jim (w/o case)
3) Batman Forever (w/o case)
4) Mickey Castle of ILLusion (w/o case)
5) NHL All Star Hockey (w/o case)
6) Dragon (w/o case)
7) Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (w/o case)
8) Mortal Kombat
9) Fifa Soccer
10) Maximum Carnage
11) Pit Fighter
12) Winter Olympic Games
13) NBA Showdown 94'
14) NFL 94' ft Joe Montana
15) Bulls vs Lakers
16) David Robinsons Supreme Court
17) NBA Live 95'
18) Greendog
19) Cliffhanger
Sega CD
1) Dragons Lair
2) Sherlock Holmes
3) Golden Axe, Columns, Revenge of Shinobi, Streets of Rage
4) Sol Feace
Master System Games
1) Shooting Gallery (w/o case)
2) Ghost Buster (w/o case)
3) Pro Wrestling (w/o case)
4) Quartet (w/o case)
5) The Ninja (w/o case)
6) Space Harrier (w/o case)
7) Grand Baseball
8) Hang On/Safari Hunter
9) Enduro Racer
10) Teddy Boy
11) Marksman/Trap Shooting
12) Fantasy Zone
13) Great Volleyball
14) Ranbo First Blood
15) Great Football
16) F-16 Fighter Falcon
17) Choplifter
18) Great Soccer
19) Transbot
20) My Hero
21) Super Tennis
22) Ghost House
23) Action Fighter
24) Black Belt
25) Ganstatown
26) World Grand Prix
27) Great Golf
28) Astro Warrior
29) Outrun
30) Rocky

[quote name='jakescape53']^ always glad to see another bike using garage saling cag its an entirely different experience when your thinking "shit" whenever a mini van passes you because you know whats up and where they are going and you just have to pedal all the faster.[/quote]
This is one of the best things I've ever read. You guys are hardcore!

[quote name='jakescape53']...The only problem i can imagine would be us fighting on a driveway over who saw it first.[/quote]

my pal and i run into this problem sometimes, and we're pretty good about it -- we usually both descend upon a sale pretty agressively in an attempt to find the good stuff "first".

if one of us sees something of interest, we "call it out" discreetly to the other. for example, if i see Chrono Trigger lying amongst some SNES games, and my pal hasn't noticed it (but might be closer), i'll say "hey, some old SNES games..." that gives him the signal that i saw them first and am laying claim to them. we never say individual titles out loud, since that usually tells a seller that we are familiar with the games and gives them a reason to charge more.

also, now and then we both arrive at some items of interest at the exact same time. in that case, we usually try to just offer them to one another as a courtesy, quietly saying "nah, you go 'head, it's cool", even though we know full well there may be a super treasure within the heap. it's all good, i'm glad when my pal gets a good deal, and vice versa.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']No, there were red and black cartridges. I think the red was a limited edition.[/quote]
Yeah. I've seen the red and black carts before. The red one is a limited edition. Still, with beat em ups like Streets of Rage II I don't know how I'd stand looking at Maximum Carnage. IMO, even Punisher for Genesis is pretty crappy. The arcade version was great, though.

Ms. Pac-Man board game
Paid: 25 cents
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only hit 4 sales today. With the long weekend, plus kids going back to school, not many people were holding any sales. At least we weren't empty-handed.

Left our number with the people we bought the board game from. They have a son that has "a ton of old games".

Hope you guys had more luck!

I only went to one sale this weekend, which was just down the road from me. I picked up some model rocket engines, a rocket kit, and a tool to help me make it for $3.

Got one of our first games, well it was a board game. It is called Hotel, it is a Monopoly like game but instead you are developing hotels instead of housing. Got that for two dollars. That was pretty much it but it was a good day outside, made good for a four hour walk.

~Patricia

garagesale001.jpg

garagesale002.jpg

Ok, lots of stuff today that I didn't expect. This will be it for the week though since tommorrow I'm going to IKEA with my mom.

Sega Saturn Model 2 with controller, hookups Memory Card and Shining Force 3 (OMG!) - $10

Witchhaven and the 4th disc to Police Quest Swat - $2

Diablo 2 with all discs and CD key - $2

Dreamcast Light Gun - $1

Now.. the rest of the items were FREE!

Harman Computer Speakers (like new)
2 Speedsteam DSL modems with hookups and wall adapters
Microsoft 4 port router
Dell 17" monitor (dusty as hell, just needs a cleaning)

Sadly I think the '06 yard saling season is coming to an end. I only went to 3 sales today and only because thats all there was anywhere near me. I came out of the sales with absolutly zero. One house had a gameboy pocket that I considered but I see so many of those I figured im fine for now.

After I gave up i went down to half price books for the 20% off labor day sale and got a sealed pgr3 for the 360 for $12 and Battlefield 2 for PC for $10 after 20% off.

another slow day, but i got two finds that made me jump for joy, so to speak:

4 DVD movies (each complete): Moby Dick, Matrix Revolutions, DodgeBall, and Silence of the Lambs, $2 each.
Sealed DS Electroplankton (still has the $34.99 tag on it), $11.

a Super Mario Bros. 2 glass mug (it's freaking HUGE!!!), 25 cents.

that's it. way slow morning. only hit 10-12 yard sales, got sick of those and hit the swap meets. the mug was the first find of the day; after about 7-8 really sucky sales that turned up nothing, we were gonna give up and just go check out the local swap meets.

we ran into one more sale on the way and stopped. i saw the mug right away on a table, asked how much, and couldn't get the coin out of my wallet faster after the seller told me "a quarter". he also stipulated that he was only gonna sell it to me that cheap if i promised to put "only good beer" in it, and not "that cheap stuff". i felt like telling him i wasn't going to put any beer in it at all, but that would've made him sad, and i didn't want to ruin his joke when he was selling so cheap. i told him, "yeah, only the best beer's goin' in here!" ;)

about 5 minutes into the first swap meet, i had to restrain myself from lunging at one of the stalls, for there, before my eyes... was a SEALED copy of Electroplankton laying amongst a few other new DS titles! some of you probably think this game sucks, but you're wrong -- and not only is it rad, but it's been on my "want list" for a couple months now. i got it in hand, slowly and casually, mind you, and asked how much the games were. the lady tells me $12 each. OH SNAP! you know that one's comin' home. i asked if they'd do 2 for 20 (no way were they gonna go lower), and they almost went for it, but one of the ladies selling told the other "no way". i didn't let go of them, but i made a pleading face at the nicer of the two ladies, and she said she'd let them go for $11 each. since i was gonna buy it anyway, i'll gladly enjoy a $1 discount! ;) my pal Jorge picked up a sealed copy of DS Monster House for himself for the same price. the titles we left behind were True Swing Golf, Tiger Woods, Worms 3D, and The Urbz, none of which were worth 11 bucks, in my opinion anyway. a few stalls down, i picked up Silence of the Lambs, 2 bucks. sweet.

after the first swap meet, and a failed second, we were on our way home and stopped at one more yard sale. they had some okay DVDs laying out for 2 bucks each, so i picked up Matrix Revolutions (now i have all three), Dodgeball (a guilty pleasure), and Moby Dick. i asked if they had video games, and the seller gave the usual cringe-inducing reply: "we sold some last weekend; some PS2 games and a Gamecube with 4 games for $40 bucks for everything." thanks, lady. oh well, you win some, you stab some.

total for Saturday: $19.25. my faves this weekend were, obviously, the Electroplankton game and the Mario mug. i might have to battle the sun again tomorrow, since i don't think my yard sale thirst has been slaked, yet.

hope everyone has a great (and SAFE) Labor Day weekend.

[quote name='jakescape53']Sadly I think the '06 yard saling season is coming to an end. I only went to 3 sales today and only because thats all there was anywhere near me. I came out of the sales with absolutly zero. One house had a gameboy pocket that I considered but I see so many of those I figured im fine for now.
[/quote]
You might be surprised. Last year we saled right through October, still hitting between 20 to 50 sales a week (there were a even couple over 50). Once November hit, the season died.

CAGs down in the warmer states will continue to enjoy yardsaling right through winter - lucky! At least we can live vicariously through their stories. :)

Couldn't make it to any sales today...bummer (been a long week and a longer story). Anywho, I decided to hit a couple of Goodwills. Struck out at the first one. The next one I found a big wire heart decoration for my wife (bonus points from her on that one). As I was about to leave, I stopped by the bid case and saw a Dreamcast with 2 Saturn games sitting beside it. I checked the bid book and the start bid was listed as a Sega Genesis with 2 games for $16.00...with NO bids on it. $16 wouldn't normally be a great price accept for one fact...it was a BLACK Sports Edition Dreamcast complete with cables and controller.

The auction was about to start final bids in 20 minutes. So, I hung around and put in a $16 bid right before they started. None of the other people there (about 4 or 5) were interested in it, so I got it for $16 + tax...woohoo! Got it home and tested it out, works fine.

After that I ran to Target and hit a few of the clearance end caps. I got a few non-gaming related things (like a drill bit set for $.75). All in all, not a bad day even if I didn't go to sales.

Went to a thriftstore today, despite not wanting to, but turned out to find these two for $0.99 a piece: :)
NES Mega Man 6
NES Wario's Woods
Both cartridge only and the label on Wario's Woods was kind of peeling off on the top, but I don't care. :)

[quote name='allyourblood']another slow day, but i got two finds that made me jump for joy, so to speak:

4 DVD movies (each complete): Moby Dick, Matrix Revolutions, DodgeBall, and Silence of the Lambs, $2 each.
Sealed DS Electroplankton (still has the $34.99 tag on it), $11.

a Super Mario Bros. 2 glass mug (it's freaking HUGE!!!), 25 cents.

that's it. way slow morning. only hit 10-12 yard sales, got sick of those and hit the swap meets. the mug was the first find of the day; after about 7-8 really sucky sales that turned up nothing, we were gonna give up and just go check out the local swap meets.

we ran into one more sale on the way and stopped. i saw the mug right away on a table, asked how much, and couldn't get the coin out of my wallet faster after the seller told me "a quarter". he also stipulated that he was only gonna sell it to me that cheap if i promised to put "only good beer" in it, and not "that cheap stuff". i felt like telling him i wasn't going to put any beer in it at all, but that would've made him sad, and i didn't want to ruin his joke when he was selling so cheap. i told him, "yeah, only the best beer's goin' in here!" ;)

about 5 minutes into the first swap meet, i had to restrain myself from lunging at one of the stalls, for there, before my eyes... was a SEALED copy of Electroplankton laying amongst a few other new DS titles! some of you probably think this game sucks, but you're wrong -- and not only is it rad, but it's been on my "want list" for a couple months now. i got it in hand, slowly and casually, mind you, and asked how much the games were. the lady tells me $12 each. OH SNAP! you know that one's comin' home. i asked if they'd do 2 for 20 (no way were they gonna go lower), and they almost went for it, but one of the ladies selling told the other "no way". i didn't let go of them, but i made a pleading face at the nicer of the two ladies, and she said she'd let them go for $11 each. since i was gonna buy it anyway, i'll gladly enjoy a $1 discount! ;) my pal Jorge picked up a sealed copy of DS Monster House for himself for the same price. the titles we left behind were True Swing Golf, Tiger Woods, Worms 3D, and The Urbz, none of which were worth 11 bucks, in my opinion anyway. a few stalls down, i picked up Silence of the Lambs, 2 bucks. sweet.

after the first swap meet, and a failed second, we were on our way home and stopped at one more yard sale. they had some okay DVDs laying out for 2 bucks each, so i picked up Matrix Revolutions (now i have all three), Dodgeball (a guilty pleasure), and Moby Dick. i asked if they had video games, and the seller gave the usual cringe-inducing reply: "we sold some last weekend; some PS2 games and a Gamecube with 4 games for $40 bucks for everything." thanks, lady. oh well, you win some, you stab some.

total for Saturday: $19.25. my faves this weekend were, obviously, the Electroplankton game and the Mario mug. i might have to battle the sun again tomorrow, since i don't think my yard sale thirst has been slaked, yet.

hope everyone has a great (and SAFE) Labor Day weekend.[/quote]

Love the mug. Wish I had one of those for college beer drinking lol!

Seconded on the Mario mug! It would be great to have one of those for some frothy love.

My scores today:

Pawn shop:
Dino Crisis complete
Rival Schools (nomanual)
Silent Hill complete Non-GH
Total: $15 :)

Video store:
Street Fighter Alpha, long box, complete
Total: $4

Online:
Final Fantasy X-2
Jade Cocoon 2
Dark Cloud
all complete, non-gh
Total: $11 (shipping included)

I have to thank a fellow CAG for the online score. These came from a sketchy looking site called www.xboxchopshop.com . A CAG posted in the main deals forum that these games were listed at $2 apiece. I think a mod deleted the thread because the site is very iffy looking. Total was $11 after shipping... I didn't know if I'd actually get the games, so I knew it was a gamble. But to my surprise, not only did the games come, but they were professionally packed in a Priority Mail box, complete, and in fantastic shape. I don't remember who posted the thread, but if you're reading this, thanks!

[quote name='cranguy']
Pawn shop:
Dino Crisis complete
Rival Schools (nomanual)
Silent Hill complete Non-GH
Total: $15 :)

Video store:
Street Fighter Alpha, long box, complete
Total: $4

Online:
Final Fantasy X-2
Jade Cocoon 2
Dark Cloud
all complete, non-gh
Total: $11 (shipping included)
[/quote]

nice haul, there!! glad to see that weird site came thru on the PS2 games. i was gonna order but chickened out -- i salute your bravery. ;)

i'd also like to add a Craigslist score that i just picked up a couple hours ago:

GBA SP w/Final Fantasy Tactics for.... $10!

usually, i like to check CL everyday at some point, "just in case", but i haven't scored anything decent for a month or so now. i've been diligently looking for an SP everywhere -- yard sales, swap meets, Craigslist, even here, with no luck. everyone either wanted too much, or the conditions weren't just right.

by the way, if anyone here can recall (or cares to page back a few to one of my recent yard sale reports), i happened to pick up a GBA SP adapter (Nintendo brand, 'natch!) for 50 cents, in hopes that i'd eventually find the system, since i often see them sans adapter.

about 2 days ago, someone was selling a red SP similar to the one pictured, but described as "VERY scratched" with no games, and no adapter. they wanted $15. i figured i could swat that down to 8 or 10, and just buy a replacement shell and lens on Ebay for a few bucks. i replied with my offer, and that was the last i heard from them. either they sold it, and didn't want to take the ad down (or didn't care), or they thought i was lowballing them and were much too snobbish to reply. dead end.

today, after my friend Jorge and i got home from our yard sale trip, a couple buddies of mine called up and came over to hang out, play some games, and maybe watch a movie or two. i checked CL around 7 o'clock, and tripped across a listing titled something like this: "Gameboy Advance w/game - $10". worth a shot, right? (or a click, anyway). the full text described a Gameboy Advance SP with one game (not described) and no adapter. perfect, since i already have one. i'm kind of a wuss, so i e-mail instead of calling the listed number...

-- FREE ADVICE: don't do what i did. instead, CALL!!! i almost missed it, and you'll see why... --

i asked if the system was still available, and if it was broken in any way. amazingly, the woman selling it e-mails me back within 30-40 seconds and tells me that no, it's fine, it works 100%, and yes, it's still available. telephone time!! i ring her up, and about this time, i'm re-reading the listing, which was posted at 11:30am. i can't believe it just sat there all day! the lady tells me further that some woman called right after my e-mail and was interested (just my luck), but that she was gonna hold off until she could figure out how much an adapter was, and then she'd call back. i ask her, well, since i'm first, can you hold it for me? i'm on my way. she says she'd rather keep it first-come-first-serve. i told her i'm not one of those flakes that says they're coming and never does, and that i've got cash in hand, and i'm on my way now. she says okay, gives me her address with brief directions and i'm out the door.

i grab my buddies, jump in the car, crank up the stereo and tear down the freeway at 90mph, which is probably stupid since 1) i don't like to drive fast, and i'm not good at it, and 2) it's Labor Day weekend, and there's exactly four-hundred and sixty million highway patrol out right now... but i digress.

we make it there unscathed, in about 15 minutes -- i leave the car running, jump out and fly up the walkway to her apartment. sure enough, it's still there, we plug it in, it works 100%, and comes with Final Fantasy Tactics!

on a related and funny (or annoying) note, she tells me that the woman who called earlier called back to say she wanted it and was on her way. she told the lady that i was already en route and to not bother coming down. the lady on the phone tries to BS and guilt-trip the seller, by telling her that she "just bought an adapter on eBay" in antcipation of the sale. the seller basically told her "tough luck", and that she never promised it to anyone. i told her i thought that the woman on the phone was probably a big sweaty liar, to which she agreed. we laughed.

yay! after handing her two fives, i ask if she has any other video game stuff that she wants to sell. she does, and there's a lot, but unfortunately, it's all pretty much bare disc (PS2 and XB), and nothing's looking very minty or exciting. i pass on that stuff, thank her and fly back out to my car, to take a victory lap around town on our way back home.

since bringing it home, i've tested the battery -- it holds a charge just fine, and i've been playing with it for a while now. i'm stoked. i understand that some people aren't that hyped for a GBA SP, but i've really wanted one since my DS Lite's screen is pretty small (at least, when you run GBA games), and i wanted a bit of a "beater" system to play with -- since it's not in absolute mint and perfect condition, i don't have to be so psychotically protective of it and i can just slip it in my pocket without any worries.

lastly, thanks for putting up with the long-winded stories. i like reading all the details behind the deals here on the yard sale thread, so i feel it's only fair to add my own when i can. here's to tomorrow!

[quote name='allyourblood']i'd also like to add a Craigslist score that i just picked up a couple hours ago:

GBA SP w/Final Fantasy Tactics for.... $10!

usually, i like to check CL everyday at some point, "just in case", but i haven't scored anything decent for a month or so now. i've been diligently looking for an SP everywhere -- yard sales, swap meets, Craigslist, even here, with no luck. everyone either wanted too much, or the conditions weren't just right.

by the way, if anyone here can recall (or cares to page back a few to one of my recent yard sale reports), i happened to pick up a GBA SP adapter (Nintendo brand, 'natch!) for 50 cents, in hopes that i'd eventually find the system, since i often see them sans adapter.

about 2 days ago, someone was selling a red SP similar to the one pictured, but described as "VERY scratched" with no games, and no adapter. they wanted $15. i figured i could swat that down to 8 or 10, and just buy a replacement shell and lens on Ebay for a few bucks. i replied with my offer, and that was the last i heard from them. either they sold it, and didn't want to take the ad down (or didn't care), or they thought i was lowballing them and were much too snobbish to reply. dead end.

today, after my friend Jorge and i got home from our yard sale trip, a couple buddies of mine called up and came over to hang out, play some games, and maybe watch a movie or two. i checked CL around 7 o'clock, and tripped across a listing titled something like this: "Gameboy Advance w/game - $10". worth a shot, right? (or a click, anyway). the full text described a Gameboy Advance SP with one game (not described) and no adapter. perfect, since i already have one. i'm kind of a wuss, so i e-mail instead of calling the listed number...

-- FREE ADVICE: don't do what i did. instead, CALL!!! i almost missed it, and you'll see why... --

i asked if the system was still available, and if it was broken in any way. amazingly, the woman selling it e-mails me back within 30-40 seconds and tells me that no, it's fine, it works 100%, and yes, it's still available. telephone time!! i ring her up, and about this time, i'm re-reading the listing, which was posted at 11:30am. i can't believe it just sat there all day! the lady tells me further that some woman called right after my e-mail and was interested (just my luck), but that she was gonna hold off until she could figure out how much an adapter was, and then she'd call back. i ask her, well, since i'm first, can you hold it for me? i'm on my way. she says she'd rather keep it first-come-first-serve. i told her i'm not one of those flakes that says they're coming and never does, and that i've got cash in hand, and i'm on my way now. she says okay, gives me her address with brief directions and i'm out the door.

i grab my buddies, jump in the car, crank up the stereo and tear down the freeway at 90mph, which is probably stupid since 1) i don't like to drive fast, and i'm not good at it, and 2) it's Labor Day weekend, and there's exactly four-hundred and sixty million highway patrol out right now... but i digress.

we make it there unscathed, in about 15 minutes -- i leave the car running, jump out and fly up the walkway to her apartment. sure enough, it's still there, we plug it in, it works 100%, and comes with Final Fantasy Tactics!

on a related and funny (or annoying) note, she tells me that the woman who called earlier called back to say she wanted it and was on her way. she told the lady that i was already en route and to not bother coming down. the lady on the phone tries to BS and guilt-trip the seller, by telling her that she "just bought an adapter on eBay" in antcipation of the sale. the seller basically told her "tough luck", and that she never promised it to anyone. i told her i thought that the woman on the phone was probably a big sweaty liar, to which she agreed. we laughed.

yay! after handing her two fives, i ask if she has any other video game stuff that she wants to sell. she does, and there's a lot, but unfortunately, it's all pretty much bare disc (PS2 and XB), and nothing's looking very minty or exciting. i pass on that stuff, thank her and fly back out to my car, to take a victory lap around town on our way back home.

since bringing it home, i've tested the battery -- it holds a charge just fine, and i've been playing with it for a while now. i'm stoked. i understand that some people aren't that hyped for a GBA SP, but i've really wanted one since my DS Lite's screen is pretty small (at least, when you run GBA games), and i wanted a bit of a "beater" system to play with -- since it's not in absolute mint and perfect condition, i don't have to be so psychotically protective of it and i can just slip it in my pocket without any worries.

lastly, thanks for putting up with the long-winded stories. i like reading all the details behind the deals here on the yard sale thread, so i feel it's only fair to add my own when i can. here's to tomorrow![/QUOTE]

I saw that same GBA SP but I passed.

Great story! I usually don't Craigslist anymore since most people want alot in my area for CRAP. You got a great deal and should pat yourself on the back for it. Congrats...enjoy the SP!

Nice to see some of you guys got some good buys this week. It was fairly light for advertised and non adv. sales for this week. I only had Thurs. & Fri to go out and hope for some good deals and that wasn't even a guarantee. Enesto killed any chances of any finds for me as the entire weekend here it just rained and rained some more. Found a few things here and there but people wanted way too much and it was the usual N64/Genesis/PS1 finds. Better luck next week. Only a month or so left...hopefully a few good bargains can be found.

Good luck everyone.

Go cheap or go home!
Joe

Just hit my neighbors garage sale. It was a "special" sale for her kid's gymnastics team who all donated a bunch of stuff. I didn;t even mind paying more than usual since it was for a good cause. However, all I found was a VCR, which I needed. It didn't work fully, and for $5.00, I passed. They didn't have any video games at all. Too bad.

[quote name='jcs7573']...Enesto killed any chances of any finds for me as the entire weekend here it just rained and rained some more...[/quote]

i'd give up a weekend of yard sales for some rain. i love rainy days. hope you guys don't get too soaked, though!

Long Island awoke to rain, so obviously there were very few sales. Hit up about 10 sales and a video store that was liquidating:

Breath of Fire Dragons Quarters ps2, mint, $6
Mortal Kombat, complete (Gen) .50
Dinosaurs for Hire, complete (Gen) .50

Mylec Hockey Pads, barely used (bought to basically futz around with street hockey) $1.

Field of Dreams, Snake Eyes, Thirteen Days DVD's $10

[quote name='allyourblood']i'd give up a weekend of yard sales for some rain. i love rainy days. hope you guys don't get too soaked, though![/QUOTE]

I'd give up a weekend of rain for some yard sales. I love yard sales.

[quote name='snotknocker']I'd give up a weekend of rain for some yard sales. I love yard sales.[/quote]

Exactly...the past 3 weekends here have been rain. Rain = deminished garage sales = no videogames = :cry:

Genesis:
Risk - complete
AAAHH!!! Real Monsters - complete
F22 Interceptor - cart only
The Pagemaster - cart only

SMS:
Great Baseball - cart only
Pro Wrestling - cart only
Rocky - cart only
Rambo - cart only

PS1:
Missile Command - complete

PC:
Shannara
The 11th Hour
Emergency Room
Noctropolis
Lost in Time
Phantasmagoria: A Puzzle of Flesh
The Pandora Directive
Emergency Room
D
The Black Mirror
Crime Patrol
Bad Mojo
Voyeur
Dive: The Conquest of Silver Eye
Treasure Quest: The Challenge

Mac:
Myst

Strategy Guides:
Myst-Official
Phantasmagoria-Official
Myst-Totally Unauthorized Solutions
Shannara-Official

Total Cost- FREE

My friend said his aunt was throwing all these out, so he grabbed them for me. When I heard she was just going to trash them, I figured they were in pretty bad shape. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally saw all of them. Everything is mint. The PC games are all complete and the discs are flawless. The guides are even perfect. My area of expertise isn’t computer games, so if anyone could help me out with whether or not any of these are worth anything, it would be much appreciated. I’m glad I scored these because yard sales have yielded nothing lately.

A note about rainy days and garage sales. I've found that I almost ALWAYS have good luck the weekend after one where it rains. The people that were planning on having a sale often just reschedule it for the following weekend. This means there are more sales than usual as the people that rescheduled their sales are having them the same time as people that were already planning on having one that weekend.

This can greatly increase your chances of finding stuff as the larger number of sales make it more likely you will get to one before some else that might be looking for the same stuff as you. It's funny but some of the better weekends I've had have been the weekend after the previous one was rained out. Just the sheer number of sales to shoppers (by ratio...lol) means I am able to hit some of the sales while there is still some of the "good stuff" there. :}

its been so damn long since i got to go ys, the last time i went i went to a storage building sale, bought a whole building for 51 dollars, the only reason i bidded was a non gh ff7, which i sold on ebay for 65 dollars, so i was happy also got some furniture for my own ys

[quote name='soccerstud652']So you literally bought a building and its contents just for a game?

Or did you just get the contents?[/quote]

i think he's just talking about the contents. the places that rent out storage units occasionally hold "lien sales" where they let people bid on the entire contents of any given unit, once the owner of said unit has stopped paying for storage and doesn't pay it off and take their stuff out. highest bidder then gets a certain amount of time (usually a day or two) to remove all of the contents from the unit and haul it away. people will often spend hundreds on "good" spreads, and literally, immediately turn around and sell off small lots or individual items from the same unit to people who were also bidding. people can, a lot of the time, make all of their money back on the unit this way, and still take home a boatload of junk.

Was checking out the yard sales this past weekend and decided to check out a local thrift store.
For $4.24 I got:
Super Famicom system (boxed)+2 controllers+1 game (anybody know what this is?)+AV cables ($2.50 total)
Starcraft ($0.75)
Half-Life ($0.75)
+tax
:D
Also found a Dead Rising shirt there for $1.
snes.jpg

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']Was checking out the yard sales this past weekend and decided to check out a local thrift store.
For $4.24 I got:
Super Famicom system (boxed)+2 controllers+1 game+AV cables ($2.50 total)
Starcraft ($0.75)
Half-Life ($0.75)
+tax
:D
Also found a Dead Rising shirt there for $1.[/quote]

I find $4.24 to be such an odd price to end up paying.

[quote name='soccerstud652']I find $4.24 to be such an odd price to end up paying.[/quote]
apparently, tax is 6 cents on the dollar? (although most, if not all thrift stores near me don't charge tax, or it's factored in, or something.)

by the way, nice find there, Pope!!

bread's done
Back