OFFICIAL 2007 Yard Sale thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing today cept some lady had a model 1 genesis in the original box with about 6 games and an extra controller, and the arcade stick. Wanted $30 and I tried to CIF $15 wouldn't budge, so I left.

My competition in my town is killing me. He seems to always be 1 sale ahead of me. I only had from 8-9 for sales because I had lifting at 10. I still found some stuff, all of it from a church sale. I spent a little more than I wanted for some of the stuff, but it was for the church, so I guess thats good.

$2- PS2 Controller

$4- Hogans Alley, SMB/DH, Spy Hunter, Bases Loaded, 2 NES controllers, NHL Hockey (Sega)

$5- N64, complete, 2 controllers, Diddy Kong Racing.

HPIM0711.jpg

All in all not a bad day. I now have 6 complete n64s in my room stacked. Every week I find an N64 or two, Still hard to find any SNES stuff. It is all NES and N64.

i am real happy found a damn good deal today, motorstorm for ps3 3 dollars, i couldnt believe it, i couldnt get money out fast enough. this is the best deal i have found in a couple of years. now all i need is a ps3 to play it on, trades in for 33 dollars cash, probaly where it is headed too

I had an EXCELLENT Saturday, which more than makes up for weeks of crap.

Gamecube/PS2 lot:
Mario Superstar Baseball (!)
Mario Super Strikers (!!)
Mario Power Tennis (!!!)
Mario Party 7 (!!!)
Pokemon Colosseum
Pokemon Channel
Shadow the Hedgehog
Naruto Ultimate Ninja PS2

Asking $2 ea, CIF'ed $10 for all

PSone, no hookups
Asked $1, paid $1

Pokemon Yellow
Asked $1, paid $1

Sonic Adventure DC
Asked $1, paid $1

Pokemon Stadium
Asked $1, paid $1

Phantasy Star Sega Mega Drive (missing manual?)
Asking $5, CIF'ed $1

4 NES Games:
Super Mario 3
Bugertime
Simpsons Attack of the Space Mutants (man, this game frustrated the HELL out of me when i was a kid.. still have my old copy too!)
Paperboy
Asking $1 ea, paid $2 for all

Knuckles Chaotix 32x (complete !)
Asking $1, paid $0.50

and the most unexpected find...

Radio Shack Pro-46 Scanner
Asking $0.50, paid $0.50

Total for all: $18

The big GC lot was at the first sale of the day. When the woman said $2 ea, my eyes probably bulged a bit, and I started gathering up anything good or remotely good. I still left some crappy titles behind (Sphinx GC and other stuff). I was VERY happy with this find and said that even if I found nothing else today, I'd be quite happy....

But the day got better.

Teh Pokemans and the PSOne actually came from one of my friends who I graduated high school with. I didn't realize it was his house til he greeted me as I was walking up his sidewalk. The prices were decent and I didn't think it'd be kosher to CIF a friend, so I just paid the stickered price. He also had a DC with some sports titles @ $15. I just took Sonic and left the rest.

Phantasy Star was a bit of a surprise. As someone has written here (snotknocker or moiety?), don't underestimate a sale at first glance. It was mostly furniture and household crap, run by a woman who looked like she was in her 50s or 60s. I almost didn't bother to walk to the back of her driveway, but when I did, there was a box full of Master System games. There were some other titles (Shinobi, Wonder Boy, Out Run, etc), all marked individually $5. I CIF'ed $1 for Phantasy Star and she took it without much hesitation.

The biggest surprise find was the Radio Shack scanner. My dad's a scanner nut, and we have these things all around the house. I know they're worth a decent chunk of change, so I picked this up without hesitation at 50 cents. My dad was pretty shocked at what I found... apparently this is an old model pre- some kind of federal regulations, which means this one picks up cell phone calls. He said these sell on ebay for around $150 and the original retail price was around $250. oi!

I vaguely remember reading that Chatoix might be a rare 32x game, and it was the only video game at this particular sale. I asked the girl if she had other games, and she said someone rooted through them earlier and bought most of them. If this is what they left behind, I wonder what they bought? :shock: damn! It's very minty too.

And this wasn't a yard sale find, but it is a nice find:

Bought all this stuff from a good friend. I honestly explained to him what the eBay value of everything was, then offered him $65 for the lot, which he took. A good deal, but I didn't want to rip him off either.

To camelking -- that's a pretty sweet find! Makes you wonder how this stuff ends up in the hands of the people selling it, cos they apparently dont have a clue.

I had zero luck at the yard sales today....however, I decided to make a treck to a flea market that sets up about 20 minutes from my house. I almost never go to this flea market because it always ticks me off....it seems like as soon as i get there people always start packing up. The whole place is usually closed down before noon...

Anyway, I walked around for nearly a half an hour and thought the total day was going to be a bust and then I spotted a box on a table with two nintendo zappers sticking out....so I walked slowly up to the table and started going through the box....I noticed some standout titles (give you those in a minute) and asked how much. He said that there were thirty-one games in the box and he had 40 on it but he would take thirty. (some people were already packing up (sometime after 11)). I acted like I wasn't interested and started looking at a few other things. I pulled out a twenty and offered him that...he said he couldn't "but could you do $25?" And I said yeah.

It ended up being 36 nes games and 6 N64 games, two 64 controllers (one red and one grey), two zappers (one orange and one grey), 4 nes controllers, A nes satellite, N64 rumble pack, and a N64 gb transfer pack.

N64 games:
  • Pokemon Snap
  • Lego Racers
  • NFL Blitz
  • Gex 64
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • Rampage 2: Universal Tour
NES:
  • Adventures of Dino Riki
  • Swords and Serpents
  • Xexyz
  • Commando
  • The Simpsons: Bart vs the World
  • Bases Loaded II
  • Donkey Kong Classics
  • TMNT III: The Manhattan Project x2
  • Dynowarz
  • Snake Rattle n Roll
  • River City Ransom
  • Rockin' Kats
  • Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2
  • Tiger Heli
  • Marble Madness
  • To the Earth
  • Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
  • Magic Johnson Fast Break
  • The Karate Kid
  • Tecmo Bowl
  • Road Blasters
  • Mega Man 3
  • Bad Dudes
  • Target Renegade
  • Tetris (nintendo)
  • Punchout
  • R.C. Pro Am
  • 10 Yard Fight
  • Bases Loaded
  • Super Mario/Duck Hunt
  • Top Gun
  • Ghostbusters
  • Rad Racer
  • Metroid
  • Superspike V'Ball/World Cup

I didn't have much luck yesterday and today wasn't any better. First off, I had class this morning so I couldn't go out early. I went out after lunch to check on a few sales and didn't get anything. The only things I picked up were on my last stop. I got three cds with celtic bagpipe music which my dad likes. I guess that shows what kind of cheapass I am. I picked my father's day presents from a garage sale for $3. I think he'll like them though.

Not a great day today. Saw a stack of guides, $5 sports games from 2001... And a couple things worth grabbing:

Top Gun and Lode Runner in their original boxes (Lode Runner seems to be missing a manual, however), and Bubble Bobble. Each game had a crossed out $15.00, then a crossed out $7.00, then finally $4.00. I offered $4 for all three, since they clearly weren't moving, she countered with $5, and I went for them. The fun thing is the price stickers she had on them.

The second group of things wasn't that special. No games or systems, but there was a box of various cords marked "Everything $1". I grabbed an LG phone charger, an S/NES RF adapter and power supply, and a generic RCA audio cable (perfect for an NES), and offered $1. After some hesitation, they were mine.

It seems like every other week is a good one, so hopefully next week will be better.

Another lacklustre day for me again

Tony Hawk Project 8 - Xbox sealed
total - $1
This was quite a weird find. The lady had tons of books , VHS and cassette tapes . Laying on top of some old VHS was the game. No other games just this one. Before I could ask she said "that's $1"

Pilotwings 64
total - $2
This sale had a N64 and about a dozen games. The lady wanted $60 for everything. Seeing as how I've been wanting this game or a while I CIF'd $2 which she took.

non gaming finds
little miss sunshine DVD - $1
DVD metal rack - $2
3 bottle of Axe body wash - $3

I also just missed a sealed Led Zeppelin complete studio recordings boxset that I saw a guy pick up as I pulled up to the sale. When I got closer I noticed a $5 sticker on it

[quote name='snotknocker']Another lacklustre day for me again

Tony Hawk Project 8 - Xbox sealed
total - $1
This was quite a weird find. The lady had tons of books , VHS and cassette tapes . Laying on top of some old VHS was the game. No other games just this one. Before I could ask she said "that's $1"

Pilotwings 64
total - $2
This sale had a N64 and about a dozen games. The lady wanted $60 for everything. Seeing as how I've been wanting this game or a while I CIF'd $2 which she took.

non gaming finds
little miss sunshine DVD - $1
DVD metal rack - $2
3 bottle of Axe body wash - $3

I also just missed a sealed Led Zeppelin complete studio recordings boxset that I saw a guy pick up as I pulled up to the sale. When I got closer I noticed a $5 sticker on it[/quote]

I love how you say lackluster day for you lol I hit at least 12 in the past 2 days and not one of them even had anything video game...

First sale i went to this morning was a bust but at the second sale I picked up a version one genesis in mint condition plus two 1st party paddles plus a bunch of games (sonic 1, some old sports games, lethal enforcer) and some good accesories like the justifier light gun for $5 total. Not the best deal but considering the justifier gun goes for $10 on ebay alone and since ive been wanting a genesis for a while i think i made out pretty good.

cheers,
mik

Box of random controllers
  • a few NES controllers, most standard, an NES Max, and a third party turbo controller
  • 2 N64 controllers
  • 3 Playstaion controllers, 2 original, 1 dualshock
NES
  • NES System (yellowed)
  • Castlevania II
  • Double Dragon II
  • Tetris
  • Metal Gear
N64
  • N64 System (w/ expansion pack)
  • Memory card
  • Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
  • Resident Evil 2 w/ manual (looks like someone tried scrubbing marker off the label, so its faded in the middle of it, and someone wrote in the manual in the Notes section)
PS2
  • Sonic Heroes (complete)
  • Contra Shattered Soldier (complete)
  • Mega Man Anniversary Collection (complete)
All for $20

Later I spotted a fat ps2 for $10, but once I picked it up I noticed that the front of the disc tray was missing and the case was generally banged up in the front, so I put it down. I left after some stupid kid was trying to sell me a rusty pot. The only other gaming-related stuff I saw were sports games, licensed games, or games waaaaaaay overpriced to the point even haggling won't affect much.

Very disappointing day. Went to a sale that I had emailed someone about games ahead of time, and was told that he had a bunch of Nes, Snes, Sega, and Gameboy games and systems.

I get there, look around and not seeing anything, ask the lady that seemed to be running the sale about older games. She said "oh yes you spoke to my son, I think they are some 'Seg-ga'(said like she was very unsure of the name) games". She tells me to hold on a minute while she goes and calls her son.

She comes back, with a shoe box of with maybe 10 dirty sega gen games. That's it. So I look through it, and nothing worthwhile, especially for the price she said her son wanted of $5 per game.

Stopped at a few more places and nothing. :(

Today was my first day shopping at garage sales in Oklahoma. The people were a lot nicer than people at Texas garage sales and they actually had garage sale prices!

The first sale I went to was bust, but on my second sale I scored a lime green Game Boy Color in excellent condition and a couple of old computer games (Blade Runner from Westwood studios and an Apogee Games Collection) for $2.

When I got to my car, I found that there was no Blade Runner game inside the box. So I have an empty computer box in near mint condition if anyone wants it.
------------------------------------------------

A few sales later I scored a couple of Mile Davis CDs for $1
-------------------------------------------------
An hour later I found a Boxed Near Mint Sega Genesis with Sonic Spinball and Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (both with their cases and manuals) all for $10. If anyone is interested in this, let me know!
---------------------------------------------------

I didn't really find anything else accept a book full of David Letterman's Top Ten Lists for $1.

In all, it was a great day!

Hopefully on Monday my Facebook Marketplace deal will go through. I plan to get five PS3 games for $35. Hope it works out!

Just got back from the flea market with some decent deals.

$1
N64:
- F-1

$5
NES:
- Double Dragon
- SMB/DH
- Athena
- Duck Tales
- Excitebike
- Flying Dragon
- SMB 2
- Superman
- Pac-Man
- Q-bert
- Skate or Die
- Gyromite
- Tetris

SNES:
-Tecmo Super Bowl
HPIM0715.jpg

I am happy, getting up at 6:30am sucks, but it worked out well again this week. I also got a complete PS1, not too crazy about it. I didn't have a few of these games so for $5 it was worth it.

On a sad note, the competiton I keep talking about set up shop today. I thought he would be cool. He even told me to ignor the $8 price tags on the NES and SNES games, he would make me a deal.

I picked out 3 pretty common games, he said $16, I walked right away. Thats not cool to buy up all this stuff and then rip people off. Shit that is tripple the Ebay prices!!!!!

I should have used, "Well on Ebay..." to my advantage. No loss, I am just going to change my route this Saturday, beat him to the sales. Not to mention keep checking CL.

I wish moiety would just list what was bought instead of week after week putting up 5 or 6 links. I'm not even checking anymore. If you don't have time to type out for us CAGers, I don't have time to go to your site.

[quote name='ragtop70']I wish moiety would just list what was bought instead of week after week putting up 5 or 6 links. I'm not even checking anymore. If you don't have time to type out for us CAGers, I don't have time to go to your site.[/quote]
well, i think they want to archive their deals on their own site, for posterity, or something. to be honest though, i don't click either. i just enjoy the pictures. ;)

i haven't posted my last two weeks' deals, and i don't know if i'll bother posting anymore -- maybe just when something really rare or exciting crosses my path. i do enjoy everyone's stories, but the whole "look what i got" thing is wearing a little thin, and starting to feel pretentious. i know the point is just to enjoy seeing and hearing about all these great finds; rather, it's the "look at these 20 NES games i got for XX, that i already have 4 copies of each"-type posts that take the fun out of it. at the end of the day, do you guys really give a crap if i (or anyone here) found another Pokemon Red and a green Game Boy Color for $2??

i don't know, that's just my opinion, don't anyone take offense.

what i love mostly about there last NES score was that they offered a whopping $5 for that big ass lot....i mean, seriously $5?? that works out to less then a nickel each game

Really crappy week for the most part.

Spyro PS2
3$

SNES with all hookups 2 controller
Not yellowed at all
3$

Ms. PacMan SNES BOX and Manual Only
1$

Warpath: Jurassic Park PS1
Just checked and apparently its a quasi-rare game ~30 on Ebay
2$

Sega CD (Undernearth the Genesis Version)
20$

Way more than I normally would pay but I have never seen this version in the wild before

Best find of the week was on Craigslist

Castlevania Dracula X SNES
Castlevania IV SNES
36$

Been looking for Dracula X forever so I was psyched to get this.

You guys are so lucky. Finding N64s for like 2 bucks. I've seen a lot of yard sales going down around my area, and it's only the beginning of summer. I'm going to be hitting them up everywhere I can this summer. Hopefully I can get some good finds.

Found an Atari 5200 at a church rummage sale. The system was still in plastic wrap and original box with 2 controllers (1 of which doesn't work) and a trackball controller (also in original box). It also came with centipede, qix, joust, missle command, galaxian, and super breakout

I got it for $10

[quote name='wd4000']Found an Atari 5200 at a church rummage sale. The system was still in plastic wrap and original box with 2 controllers (1 of which doesn't work) and a trackball controller (also in original box). It also came with centipede, qix, joust, missle command, galaxian, and super breakout

I got it for $10[/quote]

Nice find....I found a 5200 once with the trackball controller....pd $2.50 for it and was really excited....but when I got it home it didn't come with the rf adapter (which is specific to the 5200 systems because the power goes through it as well). So Ive had it in a box for years now....I gotta get an adapter one day....hope your's is fun.

I was looking back at the first page of this thread and noticed someone mentioned buying a game at Savers. Since when does Savers sell video games? Do most locations sell them?

[quote name='Trikip']I was looking back at the first page of this thread and noticed someone mentioned buying a game at Savers. Since when does Savers sell video games? Do most locations sell them?[/quote] When ever someone donates them then yeah they have game. I have found very little at one store, and a gold mine at another.

Just wondering, for those who have found games at thrift shops such as Salvation Army or Goodwill, what section are they usually in? I went to one a while back, all I could find were some old pc games mixed in with the music cds. Nothing in electronics besides old tvs and some stero systems.

[quote name='Link927']Just wondering, for those who have found games at thrift shops such as Salvation Army or Goodwill, what section are they usually in? I went to one a while back, all I could find were some old pc games mixed in with the music cds. Nothing in electronics besides old tvs and some stero systems.[/quote] I've seen Genesis games in with the VHS, NES cartridges with CDs or with the small electronics, and new-in-box N64 controllers spread out all over the place (one was in the toy section, two were at opposite ends of small electronics. It was like striking gold once, then twice, then three times!). I've also seen the DS Wi-Fi connector and Resistance: Fall of Man in the glass display case.

Usually games are mixed in with the CDs at my location, but they could be anywhere really. I found a Mario DDR pad (only) in the toys section this week.

So I just got back from my first outing of the year (I've been lazy). Absolutely nothing. I think I went to about 15 sales, and maybe 2 of them had any games at all, and they were all overpriced sports games.

I did pick up a few records and an almost new scanner cheap.

I got my first scores of the year today.

The first one was at a sale that looked like all baby stuff (mostly toys), but I went and took a look around anyways. Just as I was about to leave I saw a familiar shape in a tote, and here's what I found:
June22_1.jpg

Legend of Zelda (cart only)
Rampage (cart only)
Duck Tales (cart only)
They were a quarter each, so I took them.

The second sale had these just sitting out on a table right as I walked up to the sale.
June22_2.jpg

Super Mario World (cart only)
Earthworm Jim 2 (cart only)
They were marked at $1 each, I CIF'ed $1 for both, and got them.

The last finds of the day were also sitting right out as I walked up.
June22_3.jpg

Goldeneye (cart only)
Wave Race (cart only)
Mario Kart 64 (cart only)
There was also an N64 there, but I already have one. There were no prices on any of them, so I CIF'ed $1 for the 3 games and went on my way.

So now I have NES games, and no NES, SNES games and no SNES.
Last year I got a Genesis, but I still have no games. Life can be so cruel.

I have a question for you guys... a dude on Craigslist is selling an arcade game at a garage sale, and I gave him a call, but he said he'd be selling it for $600. I just said "ok" over the phone, and I might go there tomorrow... but I was hoping he'd say something like $150, or something I could easily talk down. Should I go there at the end of the sale and see if he'll go really low, like $50? Are there any other tips to talk him down to around $50?

Thanks.

lol you tell him $600 is OK and your going to try and talk him down to $50, not all of moiety's stories can work for everyone. That's just insulting.

[quote name='ddrisgood137']I have a question for you guys... a dude on Craigslist is selling an arcade game at a garage sale, and I gave him a call, but he said he'd be selling it for $600. I just said "ok" over the phone, and I might go there tomorrow... but I was hoping he'd say something like $150, or something I could easily talk down. Should I go there at the end of the sale and see if he'll go really low, like $50? Are there any other tips to talk him down to around $50?

Thanks.[/quote]

Do you really want it? I don't think he'll go that low.

[quote name='ddrisgood137']I have a question for you guys... a dude on Craigslist is selling an arcade game at a garage sale, and I gave him a call, but he said he'd be selling it for $600. I just said "ok" over the phone, and I might go there tomorrow... but I was hoping he'd say something like $150, or something I could easily talk down. Should I go there at the end of the sale and see if he'll go really low, like $50? Are there any other tips to talk him down to around $50?

Thanks.[/quote]

Depends on the game and the condition of the game. $50 for an arcade machine is very cheap. $150 - $300 sounds more reasonable.

[quote name='nyprimus4']lol you tell him $600 is OK and your going to try and talk him down to $50, not all of moiety's stories can work for everyone. That's just insulting.[/quote]

Ahaha, yeah, it'll be hard to get a good price on an arcade game if they actually know what it retails for. I guess all the others on this thread who've found arcade games got them from people who didn't know about the values. Probably just stupid to even haggle at $600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back