OFFICIAL 2007 Yard Sale thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem. Hope you snag a cheap copy of Blazing Angels. BTW, if you have a friend to play Blazing Angels with, the boming mode in split screen (or System Link) is fun. You pick the location you want to bomb (Africa, Pearl Harbor, etc.), the time frame for the plane types (early, middle, late in the war), set a timeframe (as well as some other options) and then start bombing.

The thing I like about the game is that you don't have to be great at "flight" games due to the lock on camera aspect. It makes the game much more arcade-ish (and fun, imho). So far, I've had so much fun with multiplayer that I've not even got into the single player game yet.

[quote name='allyourblood']

Sony Playstation Debugging Station (DTL-H1001) w/ Lightspan prototype game disc[/quote]

When I first saw this, I thought that you picked up a Net Yaroze. Nonetheless, this was an awesome find. Congratulations!

A couple of Craigslist deals I got yesterday:

FF Chronicles, Chrono Cross and Breath of Fire 4 - $15
A crapload of PS1 games + a couple of gamecube games + some extras = Free!
Kingdom Hearts 2 = $2

The story behind the free stuff is that when I got to the person's house, they brought out a bag of PS1 games, almost all were disk only, but they all looked like crap. These discs were at the point of being coasters. So I convinced the person that even though I drove 45 minutes, I wasn't gonna buy the games. She then just said, "You can have them, I don't want them anymore." Then I thought about it though and remembered I had a friend who worked at Gamecrazy, he took in all of the non-sports titles and I ended up with $25 in credit which I used to buy Kingdom Hearts 2.

Great deal. :)

[quote name='Kuros']A couple of Craigslist deals I got yesterday:

FF Chronicles, Chrono Cross and Breath of Fire 4 - $15
A crapload of PS1 games + a couple of gamecube games + some extras = Free!
Kingdom Hearts 2 = $2

The story behind the free stuff is that when I got to the person's house, they brought out a bag of PS1 games, almost all were disk only, but they all looked like crap. These discs were at the point of being coasters. So I convinced the person that even though I drove 45 minutes, I wasn't gonna buy the games. She then just said, "You can have them, I don't want them anymore." Then I thought about it though and remembered I had a friend who worked at Gamecrazy, he took in all of the non-sports titles and I ended up with $25 in credit which I used to buy Kingdom Hearts 2.

Great deal. :)[/quote]

Congrats! Enjoy KH2, it's an excellent game.

Didn't make it to any sales this weekend. There were just a few as the weather was supposed to be turning cooler (which it did). However, I did run by a local Goodwill and found something. This particular Goodwill is one that has all merchandise 50% off the original price. Most of the stuff there is leftovers from the other local stores. But, they still take in merchandise and put it out too.

I walked in and saw a big carrying case bag marked GameStop. Ah, a game system case. I checked it out and disovered it was an XBOX carrying case. There was no price on it, so I asked one of the ladies working there. She looked at it and said $7.99 and 50% off of that. Shweet, a like new condition XBOX carrying case (the carry strap was still inside and unused) for just $4 + tax. The bottom of the case even has velcro and opens up so that you can plug in the video/power cables and use the system while it is still in the case. :}

PS: I ran across some videos of this guy on YouTube and found his site from there...crazy sh*t.
http://jet-man.com/actuel_eng.html

Picked up a few things over the last couple of weeks

Lunar legends - FF Tactics - Poke'mon Ruby - Yugi Oh 2004
GBA all cart only - won these on Ebay $25 shipped

8 SNES cart only - Super Mario All Stars - Yoshi's Island - World Heroes - Jeopardy - Wheel of Fortune - Vegas Stakes - RAW - World Cup 94 - another ebay win $13.93 shipped

Superman Returns - Nacho Libre - Cars - X3 - Kill Bill 1 & 2 - This was a flea market find. This guy had a bunch of DVD's most of which I already owned marked $5 each 3 for $10. As I was looking through his stuff he said he was about to pack it up cause he was freezing his balls off and if I bought a bunch he would give me a great deal. So I rounded up these six and CIF $10 to the guy. He took it but noted that I was killing him. - LOL

Finally another flea market - NES (deck and gun only) - Genesis 3 (deck only) - Sega Nomad with battery packand badly scratched screen - 2 official N64 controllers - Genesis game Battletoads / Double Dragon. I rifled through a couple of boxes of wires, toys, books and dirty broken systems. I rounded this stuff up and asked for a price. the lady came back with $20, I shot her the look with a nod of the head and she came back with "how about $15" I told her that was a little more then I wanted to spend especially since there were no hook ups. So she kinda nodded in agreement and asked me how much I wanted to pay to which I replied with a out stretched hand and $10. She took it and said she would be back again weather permitting and she would have more video game goods. Did'nt test the NES or gun yet but everything else works

[quote name='snotknocker']Picked up a few things over the last couple of weeks

Lunar legends - FF Tactics - Poke'mon Ruby - Yugi Oh 2004
GBA all cart only - won these on Ebay $25 shipped

8 SNES cart only - Super Mario All Stars - Yoshi's Island - World Heroes - Jeopardy - Wheel of Fortune - Vegas Stakes - RAW - World Cup 94 - another ebay win $13.93 shipped

Superman Returns - Nacho Libre - Cars - X3 - Kill Bill 1 & 2 - This was a flea market find. This guy had a bunch of DVD's most of which I already owned marked $5 each 3 for $10. As I was looking through his stuff he said he was about to pack it up cause he was freezing his balls off and if I bought a bunch he would give me a great deal. So I rounded up these six and CIF $10 to the guy. He took it but noted that I was killing him. - LOL

Finally another flea market - NES (deck and gun only) - Genesis 3 (deck only) - Sega Nomad with battery packand badly scratched screen - 2 official N64 controllers - Genesis game Battletoads / Double Dragon. I rifled through a couple of boxes of wires, toys, books and dirty broken systems. I rounded this stuff up and asked for a price. the lady came back with $20, I shot her the look with a nod of the head and she came back with "how about $15" I told her that was a little more then I wanted to spend especially since there were no hook ups. So she kinda nodded in agreement and asked me how much I wanted to pay to which I replied with a out stretched hand and $10. She took it and said she would be back again weather permitting and she would have more video game goods. Did'nt test the NES or gun yet but everything else works[/quote]

I envy you. I have always wanted a Sega Nomad but have no way of getting one (there are almost never garage sales here)

[quote name='danito']I envy you. I have always wanted a Sega Nomad but have no way of getting one (there are almost never garage sales here)[/QUOTE]

I'll keep you in mind if I come across another one on the cheap.

[quote name='snotknocker']I'll keep you in mind if I come across another one on the cheap.[/quote]

That, would make you my hero. Of course I'd pay you/trade with you:D

I love CAG, everyone is so nice.

Just a heads up note to anyone looking forward to playing Blazing Angels via System Link on the original XBOX...don't waste your time, it's BROKEN! Every review/etc. I read on the game (not to mention the freaking box for the game) says it supports System Link. I got in my 2nd copy I picked up on ebay and gave it a try.

Both XBOXs are directly connected via a system link cable. I fired up each XBOX and created a SL game on one. The other XBOX could see the game listed...click A to join...goes to a "joining the match screen"...wait...BAM, it drops back to a screen that says "This game session is no longer available. Press A to continue." WTF?!?!

I tried launching the session from the other XBOX, same result. I even made sure to be using 2 different account/player names. To check if it was a SL error I put another game in the XBOXs and was able to link up with no problem. I tried again with Blazing Angels and it NEVER would connect.

I hit up the Ubisoft site, NO mention of this in the support area. The forums had one post where another person had the same problem. Seems as if the 360 version will connect without a problem, but original XBOX players are SOL. CA@P! I was really looking forward to playing this game in SL for more screen real estate/etc. Oh well, I may see if my Dad wants one of the copies of the game since he thought it was cool looking.

Anywho, just thought I would post this in case anyone else was thinking of buying multiple copies of the game to play via SL on the original XBOX.

Here is what I bought in the last couple of weeks..

SNES, Cart only:

ESPN Sunday Night NFL
Monopoly
PGA European Tour
Super Mario World
The Legend Of ZELDA: A LinK To The Past

And a Super game boy.

79 Cents each. Seems pretty cheap for the goodwill that I bought them from, As they tend to overprice wares. (For example: $5 for a DVD that you can get for $1 at a Dollar general)

Also I bought a brand new Xbox 360 Mic for $10 (The one that came with my 360 broke)

findaeisf.jpg

A couple of packages came in today. Taiko from a trade on DigitalPress and Hotel from here.

The Nomad is amazing, I got one from Craig's List last month with a bunch of games. Since the Rhino clearance my Nomad has been getting a lot of play.

I picked up twelve Master System games at Goodwill.

They were priced at .50 a piece and are as follows:

Shinobi
The Ninja
Gangster Town
Hang On/Safari Hunt
Rocky
After Burner
Kenseiden
Great Football
Walter Payton's Football
Rescure Mission
Outrun
Black Belt

I think I got a good deal, especially since I don't see Master System stuff often.

If anyone could pick me up a NES and would be willing to ship it to me, Please PM me.

I've been wanting a NES for a long time now, and haven't been able to find one anywhere. If anyone could ship me one, I'd be greatly appreciative.

I'm on the lookout for one, but can never seem to find one.

[quote name='doctordoom1974']I picked up twelve Master System games at Goodwill.

They were priced at .50 a piece and are as follows:

Shinobi
The Ninja
Gangster Town
Hang On/Safari Hunt
Rocky
After Burner
Kenseiden
Great Football
Walter Payton's Football
Rescure Mission
Outrun
Black Belt

I think I got a good deal, especially since I don't see Master System stuff often.[/QUOTE]

You did since a local goodwill wants to sell those for 2.95 each. :/

It was a great day for me!

I wasn't sure wich way i'd go at first. East or west? I chose east, And it paid off.

First I stopped in a goodwill and found a Surround sound amp for $15! I've been looking for one so I bought it.

Then, I went to another goodwill.. Nothing.

And then I went to an indoor flea market, And I saw a complete copy of Panzer Dragoon for the saturn. I wasn't sure if it was the valuable one or not, So I decided to not risk it, And I bought it for $5. It may have not been the best deal, But what the heck.

At the same place, There were some gamecube games for $10 each. I'll pass on those.. But wait! There are two official nintendo brand memory cards for $3 each! I picked those up, But frank (The guy who owns the indoor flea market) Said $1 each so I wouldn't argue with a lower price.

Last stop, One more goodwill. Boughta loose copy of King's Knight for the NES for 99 cents.

So, Even though I spent a little bit too much on Panzer dragoon IMO, I got a good deal on the memory cards, And while I may have not needed them, I won't have to worry about buying any more gamecube memory cards for awhile!
2003_smile.gif

I found a Sega Genesis with the 32x and Sega Cd for 19.99 at the salvation army yesterday. Got Star Wars Arcade for the 32X and Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition and X-Men for the Genesis, all for 1.99.

I feel it's gonna be a good old skool year for me.

I'll be back.

[quote name='MF Dagger']Super Mario RPG Seven Stars for $3.99 plus tax today.[/quote]

you're so LUCKY! Ahh I can't even tell you how much I want that game

Goodwill in Croton-on-Hudson, NY doesn't have jack. Don't even bother with the trip. Anyone else tried the other Goodwills in the NYC area? I don't want to go down to the south Bronx if I don't have to.

I haven't had much luck lately. The area has been pretty dead. i did find something I've been looking for at goodwill.

I've been wanting to read that for a long time, but haven't felt like paying alot for it. A bookstore at my mall has had $14 copies of that story in their cheap clearance section for the last six or seven years.

I found something else that is interesting. I found these at gamecrazy, but the chance of finding these there is the about the same as finding them anywhere else. The guy there said he would have picked these up had he known. They must have come in since the last time I was there. It was pretty awesome getting those as part of the 3 for $10 deal.

That find really helped to satisfy an urge for a little while. I really miss going out to sales and finding interesting things. It really bugs me that I don't have some of the other options to satisfying that yard saling itch that alot of you have. I have one salvation army store that never has anything good. The goodwill stores never really have anything good or it's overpriced. I don't really have any thrift stores. The pawn shops don't carry anything older than ps1/n64 stuff in my area. They stuff they do carry is just crap.

I just got home from the flea market, kicking myself. I picked up an NES console w/ cables, 2 controllers and a Zapper for $10. I also picked up double dragon 1 2 and 3 for $8. (more than I would normally pay for 3 carts, but since they were al together, I figured why not)

I made my way over to the other side of the building and one guy had a cart only copy of Earthbound in great condition for $8. I had $2 left on me. He wouldn't budge. Fortunately, he only operates on the weekends, and he was getting ready to shut down when I left. Hopefully next weekend he will still have it. :pray:

I also had some luck yesterday at Goodwill for once. they had a big plastic bin filled with 12 games marked for 9.99. Some games are fetching some money on eBay too, like Tecmo Super Bowl. Overall, a good deal.

I also got Panzer Dragoon for the Saturn for $5. It's complete but the front of the case has some cracks.
I've completed my Super Star Wars collection for the SNES. At the swap shop I traded the NES games Spy Hunter, and my extra copies of BattleToads and Super Mario 2 and 3 to get Super Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back. I noticed one of the Empires was made by JVC and one by THQ. Are the games identical? Does either of the companies command a premium?
I noticed Family Video had made Marvel vs Capcom 2 PS2 a 5 night for 99 cents rental so I asked if it was for sale. The girl said, "I could sell it to you for $9.99." Needless to say, I now have a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2. There is no manual and the dis has a disc protector sticker slathered all over it, but it was well worth $10. Funny thing though, I actually rented it for a week, then went back and told another girl that the first one had said I could buy it. I rented Resident Evil 0 (99 cents) and bought the game (9.99) and the total was $9.48! Apparently the game only cost me about $7!!
I found an NES Power Glove with sensors and manuals at a pawn shop for $10. I offered $7 and they accepted.

[quote name='erehwon']I haven't had much luck lately. The area has been pretty dead. i did find something I've been looking for at goodwill.

I've been wanting to read that for a long time, but haven't felt like paying alot for it. A bookstore at my mall has had $14 copies of that story in their cheap clearance section for the last six or seven years.

I found something else that is interesting. I found these at gamecrazy, but the chance of finding these there is the about the same as finding them anywhere else. The guy there said he would have picked these up had he known. They must have come in since the last time I was there. It was pretty awesome getting those as part of the 3 for $10 deal.

That find really helped to satisfy an urge for a little while. I really miss going out to sales and finding interesting things. It really bugs me that I don't have some of the other options to satisfying that yard saling itch that alot of you have. I have one salvation army store that never has anything good. The goodwill stores never really have anything good or it's overpriced. I don't really have any thrift stores. The pawn shops don't carry anything older than ps1/n64 stuff in my area. They stuff they do carry is just crap.[/quote]

Is the regular jewel case version of Lunar: Silver Star Story like the one in this picture worth anything? I have a complete copy in mint condition and was just wondering.

[quote name='FFBlitzace']Is the regular jewel case version of Lunar: Silver Star Story like the one in this picture worth anything? I have a complete copy in mint condition and was just wondering.[/QUOTE]
I don't know too much about the different versions. I remember hearing that some came in cardboard boxes with some extras. Did they do a release with the extras and one with just the game? I think for those WD games to get the most money, have to have all those extras. I'm just glad to have the games.

I might be getting the Agetec Dreamcast stick in 2 weeks.

I found a seller on Craig's List that was offering it for $20, local pickup. The person is out of the country at the moment, but said they would call me when they get back.

I hope I get it. I've been looking for a good deal on the stick for a while.

My monthly Craigslist find:

-PS2 (the thick one)
-2 Sony controllers
-1 Sony memory card
-1 network adapter
-1 headset
-2 dancepads (Mad Catz)
-12 games (complete, non-gh):
-Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
-DDRMAX
-Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
-Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
-Gran Turismo 3
-Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
-Karaoke Revolution
-Karaoke Revolution Volume 2
-The Getaway
-Tekken 4
-NBA Street Vol. 2
-Rise of the Kasai

Total= $150

Normally, anything over $50 is out of my spending range. However, given what this guy was selling, I couldn't pass it up. Karaoke Revolution 1 and 2 sell for about $60-$70 on ebay and I can get at least $50 for just the console. So I've made all my money back right there and gotten a bunch of other games free. Of the ones I got free, I own about half, so those'll go on my TL and the others are mine. Definitely one of the better Craigslist deals I've found in a while. Prior to this, the best I had found was a complete FF7 for $20 (when they were selling for $60 on ebay).

I found a complete near mint Capcom VS SNK 2 for PS2 for $7 at a music store. Better than most used prices...that's for sure.

Got a pretty good deal off ebay on 2 PS2 games. Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows and Metal of Honor: Frontline complete and like new $8.25 total shipped for both

I suck at posting in this thread. Time to change that. Here's what I've bought at thrifts (mostly Goodwill) in the past month:

Game Boy Color (atomic purple) - $4.99

NES:
The Legend of Zelda (gold cart, cart only) - $3.99
Tetris (cart only) - $1.99

Game Boy:
Battleship (complete) - $3.99

GBA:
Demon Driver (cart only) - $2.99

Craigslist Find...
PLAYSTATION 1

Metal Gear Solid
Vagrant Story
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Jade Cocoon: Story Of The Tamamayu
Suikoden
Alundra
Wing Commander 3: Heart Of The Tiger
Ape Escape
Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain
Discworld II
Azure Dreams
Blazing Dragons
Oddworld: Abes Oddysey
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Silent Hill
Clock Tower
Guardians Crusade
Pandemonium!
Darkstalkers 3

PLAYSTATION 2Aqua Aqua

DREAMCAST
Zombies Revenge

NINTENDO
Metroid
Spy Hunter
Ducktales
Punchout
Castlevania

All of this came to 100 dollars. I met the lady in a parking lot and it was all there and in great condition.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I scored a working Nintendo 64 for 3.50 and a book of poetry about video games called " the blue wizard is dying" or something like that.

I forgot to post this, I got a bunch of saturn stuff the other week. Model 1 saturn with 2 controllers, Power cord, And some games. (Bug!, Earthworm jim 2, Street fighter the movie, Virtua Fighter 2) Every one of the games has the case and manual, Except for virtua fighter 2. VF2 is game only.

Price, $10. I think it's pretty good since I don't find saturn stuff very often.

[quote name='Slate']I forgot to post this, I got a bunch of saturn stuff the other week. Model 1 saturn with 2 controllers, Power cord, And some games. (Bug!, Earthworm jim 2, Street fighter the movie, Virtua Fighter 2) Every one of the games has the case and manual, Except for virtua fighter 2. VF2 is game only.

Price, $10. I think it's pretty good since I don't find saturn stuff very often.[/quote]

Good to hear!

I'm hoping to get a Saturn (among other things ;) ) this year. I started mid summer last year and got some real good deals and really added to my collection! Once the weather breaks up here (late April/May) the garage sales will start up again and I can hit 'em early. I can't wait!:cool:

I also cannot wait for the garage sales to start back up. The pawn shops are getting boring and craigs list is very hit and miss. Did find a GH copy of FFVII for 5.99 yesterday though.

Has my best find ever at a fledgling game franchise called Play N' Trade today.

Picked up a Sega Saturn bundle with 26 games for $90! Nowhere near as good as some of you do at yardsales and thrift shops (I always strike out at these), but I couldn't pass it up. The games were all "disc only" but included some goodies like:

X-Men: Children of the Atom
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge

Fighting Vipers
Fighters Megamix
Virtua Fighter
Virtua Fighter Remix
Virtua Fighter 2

So, anybody got a Ram Cart or 4 in 1 you want to get rid of?

I was a spectator in 2006 but this year I'm getting out there. I really want some N64 stuff.

[quote name='MF Dagger']Super Mario RPG Seven Stars for $3.99 plus tax today.[/quote]
I hate you beyond belief.

Got this today:
Sega Saturn game counsel includes original box, 2 remote controls, memory card, all cable connections and 26 games.

26 games are:
Battle Arena Toshinden
Virtua Cop
Nights Into Dreams
Daytona USA
Virtua Fighter 2
Madden 97
Guardian Heros
Revolution X
Virtua Racing
D
Tomb Raider
Shanghai Triple Treat
NBA Live 97
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Golden Axe The Duel
Clockwork Knight 2
Tetris Plus
Duke Nukem 3D
CROC Legend of the Gobbos
Area 51
Bust-a-move 2
Skeleton Warriors
Resurection Rise 2
Astal
Myst
World Series Baseball

leXAnLYuFmSlX5RMMvfteE2vWsVo.jpg

Ended up paying $130. I am hoping to get $20-40 selling the memory card and most of the crappier games. The Guardian Heroes is a rental copy (didnt notice until i got home) but it is complete. Maybe I can get a disc only copy cheap in the future. The only incomplete games are Nights Into Dreams and Battle Arena Toshinden. Not in the picture is the Saturn box. It also has all the paperwork, demos, and even the Saturn sticker

Just picked up Parasite Eve, Clocktower, Clocktower 2, Medievil, and Medievil 2 for $30.

My three major wants this year are 3 official N64 controllers as I only have one, Super Mario RPG for SNES, and a Genesis because I found all my old Genesis games but no Genesis.

[quote name='jcs7573']Good to hear!

I'm hoping to get a Saturn (among other things ;) ) this year. I started mid summer last year and got some real good deals and really added to my collection! Once the weather breaks up here (late April/May) the garage sales will start up again and I can hit 'em early. I can't wait!:cool:[/quote]

Thanks, I just bought a saturn S Video cable off ebay for $15, Once it arrives I won't have to suffer using that darn saturn RF cable. :lol:

As for the yard sales this year, I hope they're as good as last year or better, I haven't been buying much lately. Hopefully this year I will buy a Power glove, A lot of nintendo games, And some systems that I don't have. (Like the turbografx 16, Atari jaguar, CDI and Nintendo wii! :D )

Some recent flea market finds

PS1 - discs and instruction manuals only. All discs and books are mint, except Diablo book has small tear
FFVII
Silent Hill - NON GH
Diablo
Bushido Blade
Soul Blade
Ridge Racer 4
TOTAL - $15
Guy had about 100 PS games mostly racing and some fighting games. All games had books but none had cases. He told me $3 a game. I quickly CIF $60 to try and get the lot but he shot it down saying the best he could do is $150. Too rich for my blood so I pulled these little gems and CIF $10 which he shot down and said the best he could do is $15. Knowing I was getting a good deal I forked over the skinnys.

complete nintendo games
SMB 2 - in like new condition, really nice box
Tyson - game book like new but heavy box wear
Contra - game book like new but heavy box wear
Donkey Kong - game book like new but heavy box wear
TOTAL - $10
This guy had about 15 complete boxed games, A boxed NES w/R.O.B. and a boxed SNES. He wanted $100 for the NES and $55 the SNES. To steep for me + I only had $20 on me. Anyway I asked how much for the games and he came back in a questionable kind of way with $5. I snagged these 4 games and CIF him $10 which he took.

3 cart only games
Gunstar Heroes - Genesis - Nice label
Samurai Showdown - Genesis - poor label but a game on my want list
Goldeneye 007 - N64 - Nice label
TOTAL - $5
Guy wanted $2 a game. 3 for $5. I did'nt even haggle.

I think this year will be a little different for me. Last year I passed on tons of stuff that was reasonably priced but not dirt cheap. This year I'll be less frugal and pay a little more on stuff I know I can turn a profit on.

Very nice snotknocker! How much did all that set you back? I remember getting mario 2 and Crystalis brand new for my birthday one year. Both still hold warm spots in my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back