OFFICIAL 2007 Yard Sale thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Did he have Marvel vs Capcom 2? I will totally trade you awesome N64 and PSX stuff for it.[/quote]

For Dreamcast? He definitely had MvC 1. I have both MvC 1 and 2 for DC so I wasn't interested. Funny, I just checked the ad and neither were listed. But I am certain I saw one or both. Anything you guys see that I should go back and pick up? Oh and Xenogears was non-GH, if that matters.

This is what he had listed in the ad (including his original asking prices :hot: :roll: ) but I CiF'ed him and it worked perfectly...he had a bunch of SNES games as well, but they weren't listed in the ad. Nothing I didn't already have except for the Super Mario All Stars, which I took:

Dreamcast:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 $30
Capcom Vs SNK $30
Street Fighter 3: Third Stike $60
Maken X $10
Virtua Tennis $6
Soul Calibur $15
Crazy Taxi $8
Wacky Races $15
Sword of the Beserck $20

PSOne (long/original boxes):

Resident Evil $20
Jumping Flash $25
Tekken $15
Total Eclipse:Turbo $10
X-com UFO Defense $30
Kings Field $15
Philosoma $20
Williams Arcades Greatest Hits (on disc - Defender 1 & 2, Robotron 2084, Joust, Sini Star, Bubbles) $15

PS One Small Jewel Case Games

R/C Stunt Copter $10
Syphon Filter 3 New Never Opened $10
Oddworld Abe's Exodus $20
CTR Crash Team Racing New Never Opened $10
Xenogears $20
Tecmo's Deception $20
Um Jammer Lammy $10
Thousand Arms $50
Medal Of Honor $15
Point Blank with Guncon $35
Street Fighter Collection $70
Arcade Greatest Hits Atari Collection 2 $10 (Game and Instructions in Jewel case with no backing) On disk: Paperboy, Gauntlet, Road Blasters, Crystal Castles, Marble Madness, Millipede

N64

F-Zero X $15
Resident Evil 2 $15
Hybrid Heaven $5
Blast Corps $10
Paper Mario Brand New Never Been opened $30
San Francisco Rush $10

NES

Ninja Gaiden 2 Boxed with instructions and Tecmo Games Poster $20
Ninja Gaiden 1 No box and label is damaged $5
Donkey Kong Classics No Box $15
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse No Box $15
Ghostbusters 2 No box $10
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt No box $10

[quote name='erehwon']I was wondering about what day is better to go out on: Friday or Saturday? Most of the sales in my area usually open on Friday, so that's when I go out.[/QUOTE]

If only one day I'd say Friday. It's hard for me to imagine anything good at a yardsale in my area lasting all Friday without selling if the price isn't too much.

I was going out to Gamestop and on the way I saw a sign for a garage sale. It was right on the way, so I stopped and picked up:

Time Crisis: Project Titan
LaserScope (Headpiece for the NES)

I paid $5 for both of em. I only bought the Laserscope because I have never seen one before, but I have now come to find out that it is missing a part to it.

Today, I hit 3 association sales, including my own. I did best in my own association. The only stuff I picked up was from own association's sale, except for the joystick.

The joystick was from the neighborhood where my grandfather lives. I picked that up for $2 and didn't see anything else. I thought that looked like a nice joystick.

The ps2 cost me $5. I talked her down from $10. The lady said it works. I did notice that the sticker on the back had been removed. I picked up the two complete nes games from the same lady that I got some complete nes game from last year. The two loose nes cames cost me $0.50. The NES was marked as $10, but I passed. I already have one and this one didn't look any better than mine. I still need to fix my though.

[quote name='allyourblood']erehwon, forgive me if you've explained this before, but what the heck is an "association sale"?[/QUOTE]
It's just another way of saying neighborhood.

Got a response from CraigsList, offered the guy up to $50 for everything (he had a bunch of stuff, including a DreamCast, Sega Genesis w/ CD, Game Boy Classic with some games, and assorted PC games including Doom III and Warcraft III), so I offered him $30 for some select items:

NES:
Final Fantasy (cart only)

SNES:
Console, perfect condition, AC & RF, 2 controllers
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Doom
Donkey Kong Country

Genesis:
Splatterhouse 3 (missing book)
Streets of Rage 2 (missing book, label faded, but case intact)

PSX:
GUNCON!
Final Fantasy Anthology (complete with bonus music CD)
Final Fantasy Tactics (complete)
Resident Evil: Director's Cut (complete)
Wild Arms (complete)

Total: $30 cash.

ZOMG the original Namco GunCon! I've been finding a LOT of games that need it at GameStop, but the controller itself is very hard to find. This is definitely a keeper, and the complete PSX stuff is all going straight into the video game library. I'll probaby sell the SNES to get my money back and Streets 2 to net a nice little profit while keeping those sweet other titles.

After dinner at El Dorado (for a TexMex place, their fajitas are rather lackluster, by the way), Mitsu and I headed toward GameCrazy. On a lark, we stopped by the local GoodWill.

They had a bunch of NES games for $4 apiece, a bunch of stuff that caught my eye, but nothing worth buying right now. I did snag a brand-new TMNT shirt for $2, though.

So, we continued onward, arrived at GameCrazy, and snagged some Classic Plastic:

N64:
Kirby 64
Mario Tennis

PSX:
Beyond the Beyond
Dune 2000
Fear Effect (x2)
Fear Effect 2
Mega Man 8: Anniversary Collector's Edition (complete)
The Granstream Saga

Total: 32.59

Mitsu also grabbed Resident Evil Outbreak for PSX for $9. Also, the manager there told me he had recieved another shipment of the Pokemon pre-order styluses, so I got the Palkia stylus I was missing! =D

The dude from CraigsList said he had more stuff at his girlfriend's house that they were selling at a garage sale this weekend; going to have to hit that up bright and early to snag his SNES/NES/PSX stuff. He said he has all three Final Fantasies, and although he didn't mention it, I've got my fingers crossed for an MvC2 for DreamCast.

I'll probably snag the stuff I passed on today there, too. The DC did have to first-party controllers and a GunCon, so it would be worth it just for those.

Yesterday I went out early because there was a Dreamcast listed an ad. I got to the sale early enough and snagged the system with 2 controllers, a VMU and 8 games for $15. Although none of the games were that great, I was still pretty happy.

This morning seemed like it was going to be a bust. I went out at 6:45 to a yard sale that had Game Boy games listed in the ad. Unfortunately, the lady running the sale said someone got there at 6:00 and bought all of the games. After going to 7 sales with no luck, I went to the last sale listed in the paper. Since it started yesterday afternoon, I figured all the good stuff would already be scooped up. When I walked up I saw a stack of 5 seasons of the show Charmed on DVD. When I asked how much the old lady running the sale said $100. Obviously, I passed. However, on another table I saw a sealed copy of Season 5 of OZ for $2, which I bought. I then asked if she had any video games, and she brought out a Sega CD system and stack of games. She wanted $50 for the stack, which was out of my range. I asked if she had any more and she brought Zelda Ocarina and Majora for the N64. She wanted $3 each, but I CIF'ed $5, which she took. Then she brought out a regular NES and both Zeldas. She wanted $20, but I CIF"ed $15 which she also took. I also left my number because another lady at the sale said she had a box of games.

Need For Speed: Carbon & Tony Hawk's Project 8 for X-Box 360 for $20 each. Got them at a house on a corner in my hometown from a single-family yard sale.

I also went to a flea market sale where they had boxes of Atari 2600 games, some NES & SNES carts, and Sega Genesis games in their original (albeit beaten up) boxes but the guy selling them hadn't even shown up. They weren't really what I was looking for (their physical condition looked awful, but I also didn't know if they were playable!). I had already been there for 30 minutes before I left.

475617545_f77ac58d3a.jpg

So after a long day of my mom "winning" at yard sales, we visited the last yard sale and I found two NES, seven controllers, another Zapper, two Tetris NES games, and Star Wars Battlefront for $17.

Decent start to the season, it was raining lightly though so I wasn't expecting much, all the sales I went to were held in the person's garage. First street sale no games, but I did leave my number with an older lady whose friend used to own a game store which closed a while back. The lady said she was going to be having a yard sale with her merchandise this year and would give me a call to let me know the time/place. That could be interesting.

dsc0939vy1.jpg

Halo, Halo 2, Rallisport Challenge, Splinter Cell 1, FF7 PC (all CDs and manual)
Paid: $3.
2nd street sale I hit was mostly young children's toys and stuffed animals. One house had a guy in his 20s selling his PC and xbox games. He said he was going to donate whatever he didn't sell to Goodwill so I gave him 3 bucks for the games above.

dsc0940dx4.jpg

1942, Archon, Q*Bert, RBI Baseball, Wheel of Fortune:Family Ed. TMNT 1&2, Duck Tales, Mappy-land, Star force, Swords and Serpents and Tetris.
Paid $5

Saw a sign for a garage sale with a hot tub for sale + misc houshold items, I was going to skip it cause I didn't think they'd have any games. He had a stack of PC games on top of a shelf, nothing notable except Diablo 2 (which I already have the CE of). On the floor beside the shelf I saw a few NES games in those clear plastic holders they used to have at rental stores. I noticed a few titles, so I asked how much they wanted for the lot, the lady couldn't think of a price so I said 5 bucks? She took it, I probably could've offered closer to 3 and she would've taken it. Her husband said I missed out on a PS1 that their daughter sold for 5 bucks earlier, but I didn't need one so no loss.

dsc0938xi8.jpg

SSB:Melee Complete
Paid: $5
Last sale I hit I asked whether they had any games for sale, a kid told me he'd bring out the ones he didnt play. Standard xbox/GC games, I picked up SSB:Melee for 5 bucks with some hesitation from the kid.

The first one had a bunch of GBC/GBA stuff, wouldn't budge on the $15 for the GBA's (Which they cost at retail used), but I snagged eight games and a Hey You, Pikachu for N64 complete in box. I also grabbed 3 small binders of Pokemond cards for my little brother for $5

N64:
Hey, You, Pikachu (box, complete)

Gameboy:
Bubble Bobble
Pocket Bomber Man
Pokemon: Fire Red
Pokemon: Yellow (x2)
Pokemon Pinball
Wario Land II

Gameboy Advance:
The Incredibles (for Mitsu!)

Total: $8

I had originally driven half an hour to two "block" sales that had apparently been cancelled due to the forecast rain, so by now it was about 10:00. I called Mike (the guy from last night), and he said that his girlfriend's garage sale was still on. I got directions and hi-tailed it to East Moriches -- I got there from Ronkonkoma in a record 20 minutes.

I managed to snag the following:

PSX (ALL complete in box):
Armored Core
Armored Core: Master of Arena
Armored Core: Project Phantasma
Brave Fencer Musashi
Diablo
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Future Cop LAPD
Legend of Mana
Metal Gear Solid
Parasite Eve
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Soul Blade (Greatest Hits)
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny II (disc only)
Time Crisis

NES:
Light Zapper
Mega Man
Mega Man II
Bible Adventures
The Legend of Zelda
About twenty other games (will edit soon)

Total Paid: $62.50 (sticker price on everything since Mike wasn't there and the lady running the sale didn't want to negotiate on someone else's items)

I also found another sale that is going to call me if they find games tonight to sell me tomorrow.

Apparently in my area, people still command *relatively* higher prices due to us being on an island and relatively isolated from anywhere other than NYC, unless you want to take a ferry.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']The first one had a bunch of GBC/GBA stuff, wouldn't budge on the $15 for the GBA's (Which they cost at retail used), but I snagged eight games and a Hey You, Pikachu for N64 complete in box. I also grabbed 3 small binders of Pokemond cards for my little brother for $5

N64:
Hey, You, Pikachu (box, complete)

Gameboy:
Bubble Bobble
Pocket Bomber Man
Pokemon: Fire Red
Pokemon: Yellow (x2)
Pokemon Pinball
Wario Land II

Gameboy Advance:
The Incredibles (for Mitsu!)

Total: $8

I had originally driven half an hour to two "block" sales that had apparently been cancelled due to the forecast rain, so by now it was about 10:00. I called Mike (the guy from last night), and he said that his girlfriend's garage sale was still on. I got directions and hi-tailed it to East Moriches -- I got there from Ronkonkoma in a record 20 minutes.

I managed to snag the following:

PSX (ALL complete in box):
Armored Core
Armored Core: Master of Arena
Armored Core: Project Phantasma
Brave Fencer Musashi
Diablo
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Future Cop LAPD
Legend of Mana
Metal Gear Solid
Parasite Eve
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Soul Blade (Greatest Hits)
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny II (disc only)
Time Crisis

NES:
Light Zapper
Mega Man
Mega Man II
Bible Adventures
The Legend of Zelda
About twenty other games (will edit soon)

Total Paid: $62.50 (sticker price on everything since Mike wasn't there and the lady running the sale didn't want to negotiate on someone else's items)

I also found another sale that is going to call me if they find games tonight to sell me tomorrow.

Apparently in my area, people still command *relatively* higher prices due to us being on an island and relatively isolated from anywhere other than NYC, unless you want to take a ferry.[/quote]

Where did you find these sales?

I live in Nassau.

Picked up Chocobo's Dungeon 2 and Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (snes) for $5. I went back home and decided to do a little garage sale since my neighborhood is having one. My parents put some stuff out as well that they didn't want and told me I got to keep what I sold. I ended up making $30. Sadly, that ps2 I got yesterday is giving me disk read errors.

I was wondering about how the newspapers in your guys' towns handle garage sales. Mine prints out a large map in the classifieds with the locations of all the sales. It comes in pretty handy.

The next town over from me was doing their town-wide yard sale day today. I usually don't go to yard sales since I've been working Saturdays, but I had off today, so I decided to go to some. I had the wrong mindset, though - I was thinking, "I'm not going to give up sleep for the chance of finding something." Well, that was silly. When there are 150+ yard sales happening, there's a good chance you'll find something.

Anyway, I ended up doing some stuff around the house till 11 or so. Stopped at a bunch of places, but 99% of the video game stuff had gone first thing in the morning (in one section, they said one guy was driving around buying up all of it before the sales even officially started).

I ended up with four things:

NES Cleaning Kit
Mario Teaches Typing 2 (PC)
King's Quest VI (PC)
SimTown (PC)

All for .50 each. Just silly little finds. Next time I'll approach it more like a serious day's work rather than just going around casually and hoping for some luck.

erehwon, that's pretty cool that your town does that. Mine (and I imagine most towns) just has text ads.

man today i didnt find anything game related but i found some awesome vhs movies.a computer desk, and some computer stuff all for 15 bucks(including the desk).

Tom me and my dad are going to go out looking again at pawn shops and garage sales for rare games hopefully he doesnt flake on me this time.

My newspaper just puts in text ads, then I throw them into google and plan my attack the night before. I want to get a bluetooth GPS unit for my nokia N800 with maemo mapper and use that for my route.

Well I got some new items this weekend that were quite exciting.

I went into my local pawn shop and spotted these 2 treasures immediatly upon entering:

Tobal No. 1 (PS1)
Super Buster Bros (SNES)

I ended up going to the counter with them both and ended up giving $10 for both items. Not to shabby...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/476271294/

I went to the local thrift store to see what new items had arrived and I noticed this in teh case up front. I saw the $1 tag and had to pick it up. Nothing spectacular but all the inserts and manual were in it as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/476283491/

I was on my way to pick up some furniture we had ordered and stopped at this pawn shop about half-way. I walked in and immediatly saw these titles. I picked them up and all were complete with the exception of FF7 with missing that elusive Disc 1. However, there was a FF8 Disc 4 in it. Out of this I ended up getting:

Wild ARMs 2 (Complete)
Robo Pit 2 (Complete)
Final Fantasy 9 (Complete)
Final Fanasty 7 GH (missing disc 1)

I asked the guy how much for all of them and he looked at me and asked if that was the game that was missing a disc. I said it was and he said just to take it. However, for the rest of hte items, we finally settled on $12 for all the games. I was very excited about this since now I own the entire Wild ARMs series.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/476271386/

I ended up having to go out of town to pick up some furniture that we had bought. While I was out I had remember that when I was tehr in the past, Ther was a Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 game there for 69.99. However, I received a game informer magazine that had Extra 10% on trade in and an extra 10% off in addition to the memship discount. So after trading in 6 games, like P.N. 03 and Cabela's Outdoors, I ended up picking this game up for $14.92 after tax. I was very excited about this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/476283937/

So just to everyone... If anyone is needing a FF8 disc 4 OR has an extra FF7 disc 1 Greatest Hits version, message me or something...

After lunch, we swung by GameCrazy, where I saw a used SNES and a few games sitting on the counter, being added to inventory. I asked the manager if they were up for grabs, he checked with his co-worker, who shook his head. I grabbed three of the four games, and, at Classic Plastic 3 for $10 picked up:

SNES:
Wizardry V
Wanderers from Ys III
FINAL FANTASY III

Win.

We swung by this weird pseudo thrift store place, and, after a bit of haggling, I managed to get a box of consoles missing random connectors for about $30:

Sega Genesis x2
Sega Saturn
PlayStation

There were also a couple of games and random extra controllers.

I also had a response from Craigslist, someone who said they had a few consoles and games for sale. After a 30-minute drive, I poked around at their stuff. Turns out they had a lot of things complete, but they were pretty inflexible with prices - they had set ones in mind, and wouldn't do any better on them for buying everything at once. So, I picked about 15 games at $2 apiece.

NES - IN BOX:
Bionic Commando
Blaster Master
Contra
Lode Runner
Soomon's Key
Tennis

NES - Cartridge only:
Castlevania
Metroid

SNES - IN BOX:
Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls & Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past

SNES - Cartridge only:
Donkey Kong Country

Since I rather over-extended myself between spending more than I should have and buying more than I have room for, some of the boxed stuff I'll accept offers on, or ultimately drop onto eBay. I'll probably keep the boxed SNES stuff, though; at least Zelda, but that all depends.

I'm waiting to hear back from someone else tomorrow morning, and to find out of GameStop restocked, and if they are including PSX/n64 stuff in the Buy-2-Get-1

I don't understand the fascination with this Classic Plastic "sale." I still have all my NES, SNES, PS1, and DC games. If I buy any more, I pick them up at yard sales for >$1. I have at times traded some of my games 2 to 1 for games I wanted. However, I can't understand paying $3.33 for NES or SNES games unless they bring a premium on Ebay.
As far as Marvel vs Capcom 2, I don't understand that either. I've bought 3 copies, 2 PS2 and 1 Xbox and spent a total of about $35 on them.

[quote name='ragtop70']I don't understand the fascination with this Classic Plastic "sale." I still have all my NES, SNES, PS1, and DC games. If I buy any more, I pick them up at yard sales for >$1. I have at times traded some of my games 2 to 1 for games I wanted. However, I can't understand paying $3.33 for NES or SNES games unless they bring a premium on Ebay.
As far as Marvel vs Capcom 2, I don't understand that either. I've bought 3 copies, 2 PS2 and 1 Xbox and spent a total of about $35 on them.[/quote]

As for me, I live in a smaller town (15000 or so) so the yard sales are not as plentiful as other areas. Also, most of the people here are college students (myself included) and either have no games or have a bunch but don't want to get rid of them. It makes it hard to find items such as what you were saying the the 3 MvC2 titles.

[quote name='ragtop70']I don't understand the fascination with this Classic Plastic "sale." I still have all my NES, SNES, PS1, and DC games. If I buy any more, I pick them up at yard sales for >$1. I have at times traded some of my games 2 to 1 for games I wanted. However, I can't understand paying $3.33 for NES or SNES games unless they bring a premium on Ebay.
As far as Marvel vs Capcom 2, I don't understand that either. I've bought 3 copies, 2 PS2 and 1 Xbox and spent a total of about $35 on them.[/quote]

I missed out on PSX and DC, and only had a handful of N64 games, so I get to snag titles I missed that normally command a premium for cheap.

Also, FFVI goes for about $40 on eBay. If I want, I can sell it, keep the other two, and still be ahead $30.

I understand getting them if you've never played them before. Like I said earlier, I would also pay $3.33 (or more) if I knew I could get a premium on Ebay. That definitely includes the Final Fantasies on NES and SNES.

As far as Marvel vs Capcom 2, I don't understand that either. I've bought 3 copies, 2 PS2 and 1 Xbox and spent a total of about $35 on them.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to have a GameCrazy in my area for the 3 for $10 deal if nothing else.

How much is a premium on eBay? I could understand passing on some NES common games at $3.33 and games that are bad but I'm thinking your not saying that you would pass on say Kid Icarus, Super Metroid & Super Punch Out for example if you were interested in them and saw them at GameCrazy because you wanted to drive around to abunch of yardsales and wait till you see them for for a buck or less.

I just found

Dragon Warrior 1-4 all nes cart only at a yard sale 5 bucks for all of them
Got game guide for 1 and 4 dose anyone know how much I could sell the lot of 4 nes games for ????

from yesterday:

SNES games (all complete in box), all for $30:
Soul Blazer
Super Metroid
Ys: Wanderers from Ys III
Illusion of Gaia
The 7th Saga
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

M-Audio Oxygen 8 midi controller, $4

total: $34

this weekend was almost a complete bust. the Oxygen had a few loose keys when i bought it, but i fixed it when i got home. it works 100%. the games were all from the same sale. nothing earth shattering, but their condition was too nice to leave them there, and i wanted Soul Blazer and Super Metroid again (sold them a long time ago). here's to next weekend!

04-29-07_1842.jpg

I went out to the fleamarket today and came out with two things. The first one was a A/V selector made by pelican. I was going to CIF $1 for it but the guy said $2 from the start and I really needed one so I didn't try to haggle.

04-29-07_1843.jpg

The second one was a diaclone transformer. I had found this and two lions from voltron. I CIF'd $1 for the three but the guy came back with $6 I said $3 and he said no so I left. I passed by later and his wife was tending to the stand so I checked and the lions were gone but the transformer was still there so I CIF'd $1 and she took it. I'm pretty sure it fetches a pretty penny as they are kind of rare. They don't even have any on ebay.

[quote name='unicron129']I went out to the fleamarket today and came out with two things.[/quote]
Hey, fellow MA resident! Which flea did you hit?

[quote name='unicron129']
04-29-07_1843.jpg

The second one was a diaclone transformer. I had found this and two lions from voltron. I CIF'd $1 for the three but the guy came back with $6 I said $3 and he said no so I left. I passed by later and his wife was tending to the stand so I checked and the lions were gone but the transformer was still there so I CIF'd $1 and she took it. I'm pretty sure it fetches a pretty penny as they are kind of rare. They don't even have any on ebay.[/quote]
I don't know what you have there, but it's not a diaclone. This is what the diaclones looked like.
dia_attacker_robo.jpg

Well, on my way to GS today, I started to notice all these signs for garage sales now. Well, I went to one, nothing much, and I tried to go to another but I got lost >_< Even though I didnt get anytthing this weekend, this thread and the frontpage topic has encouraged me to go to these sales, and maybe I'll find something eventually. Yay for life lesson, sorta ^_^"

Mid-Suffolk, Stony Brook area. There's usually nothing good around here, but occassionally I'll stumble across a fluke yard sale with games. :lol:

Hey, I have the diaclone in blue! I thought that he was from the original 1984 set. There was a place in Hebron Connecticut that sold those. I thought they were generic knockoffs as a kid. I had a bunch and broke them all, including the Dinobot diaclones (at least, I think they were diaclones).

To add to my finds this week, I got 2 model Sega Genesis and a Sega Saturn for $5 total on Craig's list. Its my third Saturn so I think I am going to open it up and play around with it. Anyone know how to take out the Region lockout chip?

[quote name='evilmax17']Hey, fellow MA resident! Which flea did you hit?[/quote]

I went to the revere one next to showcase cinemas. Its usually a bust but sometimes you get lucky. So where do you go yardsailing? I assume one of the better towns like danvars/peabody.

It was a nice sunny weekend so yardsales were out in full force! Sadly it was pretty dry video game wise for me. Only decent find was a gamegear and power rangers game for 25 cents. Found a few sales that had PS2 games but they wanted 20.00+ a game :cry:

My real find of the week came from a craigslist listings. I picked up the following PS1 games for $70.00 total

Street Fighter Collection
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Tekken 2
Samurai Showdown III Blades of Blood
Twisted Metal
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider The Last Revelation
Ready 2 Rumble
Frogger
SoulBlade
Oddworld
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot Warped
Risk
Dino Crisis
Mortal Combat 3 (Long case)
Gex (Long Case)

The Need For Speed (Long Case)
Gran Turismo
Nascar 98
Test Drive 4
Rage Racer
Need for speed III
Destruction Derby (GH)
Grand Tour Racing 98
Tokyo Highway Battle

International Track & Field (Long Case)
Striker 96 (Long Case)
Cool Boarders 2
2 Xtreme
NFL Blitz
Tiger woods 99
NFL Quarterback Club 97
Madden 97
Madden 98
Madden 99
Madden 2000
Jeremy Mcgrath Supercross 98
Gameday 99
NBA in The Zone 2
Triple Play 98
Triple Play 2000

Along with a few demos and a PS2 Gameshark. I was surpsied to find everything in near mint condition and complete with cases and manuals. $70.00 felt like alot for them but I figure the final fantasy games will make that back for me.

I was then referred to another guy who sold me a complete N64 and the following for 10.00.

Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Starfox 64
Battletanx
Killer Instinct Gold (Been wanting this one!)
Superman
Turok
James Bond 007
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
and some crappy sports games

Feels great to be back into the season! :bouncy: Next weekend I hope to be posting some real finds. The local fleamarket is having their first weekend.

Wasn't sure if I should put it in here or not, but here was my finds from today and this past weekend:

At a Goodwill store in Reading, PA I got:

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen (original black label case with instructions and decent looking disc) : 3.00
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis (same): 2.00

Both of those are for the PSOne. Then, they had a Dreamcast console with no AV or power cords. It was marked 11.00. I was going to buy it anyway (appeared to be in decent shape), but I mentioned the lack of cables and the lady gave it to me for 6.00. A nice surprise was the fact that Sonic Adventure was in the console too.

So Dreamcast console with no cables and Sonic Adventure: 6.00

Then, at a pawn shop in Palmyra, PA I got:

Warcraft 3 and expansion: 3.00
Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition: 6.00 (this one surprised me)

Their pricing is so messed up. It's like $5 flat for any of their N64 or PSOne games, but then $6 for FFXII. Hahaha. Had an N64 for $40 (!), so I passed (obviously).

Couple of decent finds on Sat.

Colecovision complete with complete games and 20 loose carts - $2
This was the first sale I hit. All items were marked dirt cheap. I did'nt even ask a price on this . CIF method on this one. The lady hesitated but took it

complete NES system and original game boy, complete boxed games, tetris (GB) cart only and SMB cart only. All boxes are in great confdition - $5

I asked for games at this sale and the lady went inside and came back with a box with these goodies inside. I asked how much for everything and she had a serious dumbfounded look on her face. Before she had time to really think I CIF $5 which she took. She told me she had another box somewhere with the black games and to come back on Sunday which I did but she said she could'nt find it

Another sale where I asked for games. Total - $1.50
I asked the guy running the sale and he said let me ask my daughter. She came out with these saying she just wanted to get rid of them. So the cheapass that I am I offered .25 each which she took. Also got crusin World not pictured

Yet another sale that I asked for games. The lady said let me ask my son and he game out with a beat up NES with about 10 games. He said give me $30 bucks for everything. I said i'll pass, but how much for a couple of games and he came back with 1.00 ea. I picked out MTPO and the MAX and CIF him a $1 which he took

$3 for this baby. Lady had about 7 or 8 older sports titles marked at $8 and and this marked at $5. I CIF $3 on this and she took it

Last find of the day.
mario Party 3
Paper Mario
Mario tennis
Mario Kart
total - $8
This guy had a N64 and I think about 10 games. He told me $65 takes it all. I asked how much for the games and he came back with $3 each. I CIF $8 which he took but noted that I was killing him

I kicked off the month with some good NES finds yesterday:

Vice: Project Doom (complete) - $3.50
The Battle Of Olympus (boxed) - $3.50
Solar Jetman (loose) - $1.50

I hope I don't get flamed for this, but...

I found someone on CL offering, for $250:

NES Games

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt (x3)
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3 (x3)
Legend Of Zelda (x2)
Punch - Out (x2)
Robocop (x3)
Castlevania III
Tetris (x2)
Football (x2)
Golf (x2)
10-Yard Fight
Baseball
Tecmo Bowl
Soccer
Tennis
ExiteBike
Kung-Fu
Super Bowl
Superspike V'Ball
Bayou Billy
Jackal (x2)
Super C
Batman
Double Bribble
Ducktales
Friday the 13th
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (x2)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
Fighting Golf
Metrold
Lunar Pool
Elevator Action
Airwolf
Caption Skyhawk
Kidicarus
Batman Returns
Marble Madness
Calfornia Games
Jordan VS Bird
World Class Track Meet
Battletoads
Anticipation
Gunsmoke
Robin Hood
Hogans Alley
Paper Boy
Gotcha!
3-D World Runner
Silent Service
Bases Loaded II
Festers Quest
Back To The Furture
Ghosts'N Goblins
Arch Rivals
Mega Man 3
The Little Mermaid
Bart vs. The Space Mutants
Pro Wrestling
Volley Ball
Mickey Mouse Capade
Karate Champ
Super Team Games
Ninja Gaiden III
Ikari Warriors
Tiny Toons
Wrah Of The Black Manta
Rolling Thunder
Metal Fighter
Caption Comic

Snes

Jurassic Park
Combat Basket Ball
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II

Sega

Sonic (x2)
Sonic 2
Primal Rage
Super Battleship
Jurassic Park
Street Fighter II
Shadow Dancer
Gunstar Heroes
Aladdin
Tecmo Super Bowl
Madden 95
Madden 93
Madden 96
NHIPA Hockey 93
NBA Live 96
NHL 95
NBA Live 95
College Football
Baseball
Sonic and Knuckles

Nintendo 64

Nintendo 64 system
Super Smash Bros.
Yoshis Story
Turok Rage Wars
Perfect Dark
Star Wars Rogue Squardron
Zelda Ocarina Of Time
Zelda Majoras Mask
Star Wars Racer
ArmyMen Sarges Heroes 2
Castlevania
Legio Racers
Virtual Chess 64
Pokemon Snap Game Shark Pro

Unfortunatey, $250 is a lot for me right now. I have about half this stuff (most of the mainstream stuff, like Zelda, a lot of the N64 stuff, etc),
including the popular N64 titles. Do you think I'd be able to get my money
back on here and eBay from selling my duplicates piecemeal -- i.e., is this deal worth doing? Thanks.

Of course, like any good CAG, I already asked if I can buy stuff piecemeal and at that time will probably CIF him less than he's asking. Lately though, everyone's been pretty firm in their asking prices - no one on my backwards ass island wants to haggle.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']...I am totally going to drive out to Jersey one weekend just to go yard saling.[/quote]

Just pick the part of NJ carefully. Been here for a couple of years and I always ask for game at every sale. I never find half of what snotknocker does.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I hope I don't get flamed for this, but...

I found someone on CL offering, for $250:
[/quote]

Are any of them complete with box and manual? It was kind of expensive for a cart only lot if you only got the one system (n64)

[quote name='Slim Gatsby'] is this deal worth doing?

Of course, like any good CAG, I already asked if I can buy stuff piecemeal and at that time will probably CIF him less than he's asking. Lately though, everyone's been pretty firm in their asking prices - no one on my backwards ass island wants to haggle.[/quote]
If I counted right there's 121 games and a N64 system. There's not much there that you could turn quickly to make your money back. I would ask the guy if he's willing to negotiate on price . If he says yes, tell him you want to check it the games out. Go there sift through his stuff and when you see some games with writing or messed up labels or dirt, non chalantly shoot a dissappointing look, beleive me he'll pick up on it. when all is said and done CIF the guy like $75 pointing out the flaws of some of the games. Be sure to have a nice stack of singles in the mix. If he does.not bite, up the offer at your discretion.

IMHO there's enough decent games there to make your money back and have a nice lot of mediocre games for free.

If your looking to make money on this lot, I would pass, there's just not enough decent games to make a worth while profit . The time expended and the hassle selling the crappy games just is not worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back