Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

No sales here today, but the pawnshop owner did hold back soem N64 games for me, Mario Party, Mario Party 3, Mario Kart, and Mario World $3 apiece, abit more than GS prices but worth it for trade fodder/ect...

[quote name='TiKi2']I tried the app a couple of weeks ago but could not get it to work properly I'll give it another go this weekend.[/quote]
There is a tutorial (accessible through the link I posted earlier) which may help if you are having trouble. If you are still having problems, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help or fix if there's something wrong.

Ha, you guys are in Massachusetts now?!? Trying to get closer to make a move on Snotknocker's territory :bouncy:!!!

Looks like those deals he's posted were just too tempting for you guys...New England yardsalers better watch out LOL...

Wow, today was a pretty amazing day. I left at 8:00, and pretty much all sales had something video game related that I bought. This is what I bought.

N64 RF Modulator- .50: Lady wanted 1.00 originally, but I offered .50 and she toke it. There was also a PS1 with no hookups, but I already have two PS1's so I didn't need another.

Bag of stuff that included: SNES Game Genie, Honeybee Famicom to NES converter (YES!), tons of random sega and playstation hookups, two japanese unlicensed Saturn memory extendors, PS1 memory card, another more complex memory card, some Saturn controllers, a Saturn game, Gameshark VHS, and Namco PS2 controller with circular thing. Guess the price? 1 dollar. Yep, when I was looking at the bag, the lady said I could have it for a buck, so I snatched it immedietly. I was wide eyed when I found the Famicom to NES converter because I have always wanted one.

Star Fox 64, MLB 2001 and Star Wars Rogue Squadron all N64: $1

Shrek PS1, Halo Disc Only, PGR Disc Only- 2.25

Spiderman, Ace Combat 4 and Twisted Metal 4- $3

Super Mario Sunshine Disc Only- $1

Gameboy Advance with no battery cover- $1

Original Gameboy with 4 games (YES TETRIS) and batteries (yes I am a cheapass about batteries too)- $2

PS1 Disc only Surfing game- .50

So yah, it was very exciting today, and I am thinking of buying some Famicom cartridges to test out the Honeybee converter.

Here we go. I left after 8am went to my first sale about 6 miles away that listed games and ps2 stuff on CL. Missed all teh games by about 5 minutes

Two other sales later one close, anoher about 5 miles of highway driving I was gettin slighty pissed. But as I leave the neighborhood I spotted another sign, followed it and what did I see.

FFVII GH and mint for ps1 $3, CIFed him $1 and I left

Started back home got to my apartment and decided to walk to another sale

Got a disc only copy of GTA vice city for ps2 for $1

But the biggest find of all a Colecovsion, like new, box was a little beat up, has 2 controllers, 3 games, no rf adapter though. It has the expansion port to turn it into a pc, and to play Atari games.

They wanted $30, I opened the box closely and told them there was no rf adapter. They dropped down to $25, I said "Can I leave you my number for later?"

He said "How much to get you to take it now?" I said "$8." He counted with $14. I said $10 he said 12, so I took it at 12.

Colecovisions will go for about $50 or more on ebay. And the FFVII GH will go for $40-$50 on ebay. I'll add both items to my TL for a few days if you want them make me a good offer. Also this is the third copy of FFVII I've found in less then a year.

Pics coming as soon as my batteries are charged.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/kube00/busiiness/dscn0707.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/kube00/busiiness/DSCN0706.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/kube00/busiiness/DSCN0708.jpg

Was able to do a little bit of everything today:

Yard Sale
Tetris Attack (SNES) $1

Pawn Shop
Nintendogs Chihuahua Cart (DS) $5
Pokemon Fire Red Cart (GBA) $5
Guitar Hero I Complete (PS2) $2.99 (I think she thought it was a movie, instead of $7.99 PS2 Game)

Craigslist

DS-All Complete
Lost Magic
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Sonic Rush
Electroplankton
Polarium
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Another Code (US title: Trace Memory, Purchased on vacation in France)
Super Mario 64 DS
New Super Mario Brothers
Warioware: Touched!
Metroid Prime Hunters
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Nintendogs: Dachshund and Friends
Tony Hawk's American Sk8Land
Meteos

GBA
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Fire Emblem
Warioware Twisted
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Mario Golf Advance Tour
Zelda NES

$100

Good luck everyone. I am out of circulation for 2 weekends. Will be lurking though.

The Nintendo 64 was gone when I went back to pick it up.

Saw a PS2 with hookups and box, no controllers for $25, guy woudln't budge in it.

I did buy a super nintendo cart holder for $1 and an embroidered gameboy case for .50.

Xmen genesis, super SFII genesis, and PS1 controller $1

My best finds were two gameboy pockets (1 red, 1 blue) wanted $6 each CIF $4 for both and he took it. Both had one game (pokemon pinball? and spongebob)

I also saw a game gear with a broken screen and no battery covers for $10

[quote name='videogamemaster']Wow, today was a pretty amazing day. I left at 8:00, and pretty much all sales had something video game related that I bought. This is what I bought.

N64 RF Modulator- .50: Lady wanted 1.00 originally, but I offered .50 and she toke it. There was also a PS1 with no hookups, but I already have two PS1's so I didn't need another.

Bag of stuff that included: SNES Game Genie, Honeybee Famicom to NES converter (YES!), tons of random sega and playstation hookups, two japanese unlicensed Saturn memory extendors, PS1 memory card, another more complex memory card, some Saturn controllers, a Saturn game, Gameshark VHS, and Namco PS2 controller with circular thing. Guess the price? 1 dollar. Yep, when I was looking at the bag, the lady said I could have it for a buck, so I snatched it immedietly. I was wide eyed when I found the Famicom to NES converter because I have always wanted one.

Star Fox 64, MLB 2001 and Star Wars Rogue Squadron all N64: $1

Shrek PS1, Halo Disc Only, PGR Disc Only- 2.25

Spiderman, Ace Combat 4 and Twisted Metal 4- $3

Super Mario Sunshine Disc Only- $1

Gameboy Advance with no battery cover- $1

Original Gameboy with 4 games (YES TETRIS) and batteries (yes I am a cheapass about batteries too)- $2

PS1 Disc only Surfing game- .50

So yah, it was very exciting today, and I am thinking of buying some Famicom cartridges to test out the Honeybee converter.[/quote]

Nice find on that Honey Bee, I found one earlier this year, but I havent gotten any Famicom Games yet.

I can't wait for tomorrow, I did a quick dry run on part of my regular route today and saw alot of sales. they got rained out today so hopefully the high school kids didnt get to them fris!!

Nice! I tried some Friday sales today. They all sucked huge balls, I think its a regional thing -- the only people who would have them during the week (and that I saw today) were housewives with young kids (otherwise, they probably would have a job -- cost of living is pretty high around here) or retired old ladies, all of which casually discussing the sales they had the year before and their next sale for this summer. Certainly not a demographic that would have games to begin with, and with the frequency of their sales, the likelihood of having any left by this point would be nil.

I did get to try the GPS though (I received it the day after I ordered it with free shipping. buy.com rocks!). The few extra moments of entering addresses into it is time well spent. It looks like the most effective technique is going to be using Dom & Liz's Route Planner to get a feel for how far each point is from each other and compile an ordered list of stops to hit with notes, and using the Magellan for actual directions/guidance while driving, since Mitsu won't be around to copilot on Satudays this summer.

[quote name='karkyco']Ha, you guys are in Massachusetts now?!? Trying to get closer to make a move on Snotknocker's territory :bouncy:!!!

Looks like those deals he's posted were just too tempting for you guys...New England yardsalers better watch out LOL...[/quote]
Actually, we've always lived in MA....

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Snotknocker lives in Jersey. o.o

And everyone else better stay off my island![/quote]

and everyone better stay off my county inside the island.

I'm just trying to get out of rural Mid-Missouri!!

as for the stay off my island thing, I was in the local game store today and the owner was talking about starting to garagesale for new classic plastic inventory. :( bad news for me, but I have a feelign that they will give up on it, or get out late.

I had an okay day considering my luck recently. In terms of game stuff, it was a horrible day. I only found MGS (GH PS1) and two old pokemon guides in poor condition for $2. The first sale I went to had games, but nothing I needed. They had Army of Two (PS3) for $25, but I passed since I doubted I get them down enough that I could flip it for a good profit. My main find of the day happened at large sale in side a shopping center. I found a Pioneer CLD-D503 Laserdisc player for $5. I had been wanting one of these for a long time, so that made my day and made up for the lack of games the rest of the day. It's really feeling like its drying up.

I'm probably not going to be able to do yard sale for much longer. I've graduated from college and have to find a job. Sadly, almost all the sales in this are start on Fridays. The stuff here goes really quick, so it really won't be worth it to go out on Saturdays.

[quote name='Sinnbox']as for the stay off my island thing, I was in the local game store today and the owner was talking about starting to garagesale for new classic plastic inventory. :( bad news for me, but I have a feelign that they will give up on it, or get out late.[/quote]

You have a local game store that sells older stuff? That's neat...its entirely GS & EB competing with GC over here, I'm fairly certain any independent places near me have long since been driven out of the market by them.

This wouldn't happen to be Long Island, would it? I really hope we're not competing with each other, unknowingly of course...

Greetings - first time here. This thread and this community has given me a second and more serious wind when it comes to garage sales. I go out almost every saturday morning.. but I'm usually late (9/10am)

Today (It's 4:40am saturday) I am all over it.. leaving the house at 7:30, with my list of of sales around here and their reported starting times. There's a strong amount of things going on and I feel like showing up early or on time will change my luck. I'm also gonna break out the CIF on people for the first time.. and ask about things not on display outside.

I usually buy books and records.. the most abundant / frequent things I am interested in- and I find cassettes and CDs and minor amounts of video games every now and then.

Here's what I've gotten so far this year, video game wise

Garage Sale 1
-
Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete for PS1

There are some epic finds in this thread, just glanced it over while typing up a paper, I think next Saturday I will embark on the ultimate CAG journey, CIF and talking down people on their precious goodies.

Really wanna find a super nintendo (i have like 15 games but no system) are they hard to find?

Garage sales in my area suck. People around here think their crappy stuff is worth gold. I guess thats how it is when you live in a big city. Funniest thing I saw , someone wanted $8 for a 80's style electric pencil sharpener , are they fucken serious

Well, the neighborhood across the road was having a neighbor-hood wide sale. But it's a HUGE neighborhood. I biked all through it and got some good deals and handed out my number to a few people who said their son was asleep.

Sale 1: Scored PaRappa The Rapper for 50 cents! Complete, but cracked case. Easily fixable.
Sale 2: Some Soldier of Fortune PS2 game for 50 cents.
Sale 3: Metal Gear Solid: Substance for $5.
Sale 4: Destroy All Humans 1, Destroy All Humans 2, Ratchet 2, Ratchet 3, Jak 2, FFXII, Jak X Combat Racing for $15.
Sale 5: Silent Hill 2 and Sopranos Limited Edition for $4.

Not a bad day! Score of the day goes to PaRappa.

cag.jpg

Up and down day today. Two of our best-looking sales (the two furthest from our house of course) turned out to be no-shows, so that wasted most of the morning. We did learn a valuable lesson though; never go further than 10 miles or so from your house without an RSVP. Lesson learned!

On the plus side, our first stop of the day yielded a couple of nice finds:

Spryo 2: Ripto's Rage 50 cents
(Complete, but worn. A favorite of my sister/navigator though, so we grabbed it)

Spider-Man 2 Enter: Electro 50 cents

Mega Man Legends 2 50 cents
(Disc only, but still a good find. It's going right on Goozex)

Also picked up a couple of Calvin and Hobbes books for 50 cents each. All in all not a terrible day, but we'll definitely be planning our route a little more carefully next time.

[quote name='slowdive21']Oh you like Parappa...I paid $5 each in March for these direct from SONY. :cool:

[/quote]

Dude! Talk about resale value. They're not still selling them are they? XD

[quote name='slowdive21']Oh you like Parappa...I paid $5 each in March for these direct from SONY. :cool:

[/quote]

HOW!!? Sealed Parappas are a high dollar item, I have seen disk only copies go for $40-$50!!

Today wasnt to bad, almost all the sales i visited had crappy PS2 games. Not any big hauls and only one sale had any classic stuff. I did find National Treasure 2 for $1!!

My Finds:

Sale 1 - Wanted $15 I CIF'd $5
Resident Evil 3(PSX)
Ceasars Palace 2000(PSX)
Tekken 3(PSX)(Traded for $4 at local store)

Sale 2 - Wanted $17 I CIF'd $12
National Treasure 2(DVD)
Stardust(DVD)
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life(PS2) (2 copies) (Traded 1 copy to local store for $10)

Sale 3 - Wanted $1 I CIF'd $.50
North and South(NES)

Sale 4 - Wanted $10 I paid $5
Monster Rancher 2(PSX)
Chevelle: Wonder What's Next(CD)

Today was a bad day for yard sales. All the game stuff I saw some lady with SNES and XBOX bundles that wanted ebay prices, and some PC games.

The pawn shop makes up for that though. I got:

:ps2:Resident Evil 4
:ds:Tetris DS
$3 each.

W00t tetris ds for $3!

[quote name='erehwon']I had an okay day considering my luck recently. In terms of game stuff, it was a horrible day. I only found MGS (GH PS1) and two old pokemon guides in poor condition for $2. The first sale I went to had games, but nothing I needed. They had Army of Two (PS3) for $25, but I passed since I doubted I get them down enough that I could flip it for a good profit. My main find of the day happened at large sale in side a shopping center. I found a Pioneer CLD-D503 Laserdisc player for $5. I had been wanting one of these for a long time, so that made my day and made up for the lack of games the rest of the day. It's really feeling like its drying up.

I'm probably not going to be able to do yard sale for much longer. I've graduated from college and have to find a job. Sadly, almost all the sales in this are start on Fridays. The stuff here goes really quick, so it really won't be worth it to go out on Saturdays.[/QUOTE]

Here is a pic of my only good find from yesterday.

I already put the laser disk player in my entertainment center. Those cables hanging down from the ps3 are going to my component selector. I haven't taken the time yet to run the cables back behind my setup. The laserdisc player works good. I watched Star Wars on it yesterday. I'm happy to have one since I've been looking for years to find one for a good deal.

^ Nice, I got a player last year for $50 :( but I can't fnd any good movies for it, i find more Betamax stuff than Laser Disk.

[quote name='Samus']Dude! Talk about resale value. They're not still selling them are they? XD[/quote]

[quote name='Sinnbox']HOW!!? Sealed Parappas are a high dollar item, I have seen disk only copies go for $40-$50!![/quote]

They do not have them anymore. The best I ever got from them was 10 or 11 FFVII GH sealed for $5 each. I buy from their parts store. They don't have much right now. I really wish I would have bought more of the FF7s. I only have one with a cracked case left (sealed).

[quote name='slowdive21']They do not have them anymore. The best I ever got from them was 10 or 11 FFVII GH sealed for $5 each. I buy from their parts store. They don't have much right now. I really wish I would have bought more of the FF7s. I only have one with a cracked case left (sealed).[/quote]

Is there a way to signup for the parts store without having a resellers liscence? PM me if you have any info.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Is there a way to signup for the parts store without having a resellers liscence? PM me if you have any info.[/QUOTE]

me too:)

all i got today was the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game on the old GB.. i got it for a buck.. not too bad.. i feel however i missed out on a few deals today..

but ah well..

First time I've pulled my bike out in 2 years...I rode it 18 miles all together today, and up a TON of hills to go to a total of 6 sales.

The best sale was the first one, had a bunch of xbox games for $10 each, and GBA games for $5 each.

I picked up Secret Window (DVD, wanted $3), Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (GBA, wanted $5), and a GBA power adaptor (Wanted $2, I really needed a new one) for a total of five bucks after a buttload of haggling.

finds39mg2900.jpg

Not all that much today, barely anything gaming related, however, some good deals otherwise.

Ihome 2go player - $15

The place where I got this from smelled of weed. XD
Still a great deal though, these retail for 60-70 bucks.

Xbox 360 HD-DVD player - $12 + tax

On clearance from Kmart

Clayfighter Sculptors Cut - $6

More than what I would pay otherwise, however, this is a tough game to find for the N64, so I sucked it up and paid the price.

30 miles total and about 20 sales nothing. Almost bit on a Halo edition xbox he wanted $50, so I decided it wasn't worth it and I passed

i do have one story.. i saw a game cube without any controllers or games.. had the hook ups.. the girl had to call the person in charge of the prices on the phone.. and she comes back and says " 20 bucks" .. i said " but it doesn't come with any controllers or anything.. i'll give you 5 bucks"..and they acted like i was insulting them.

bread's done
Back