Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='karkyco']Phenomenal haul, but your friend ripped you off something fierce. Complete Chrono Trigger is worth a hell of a lot more than $20.

Oh and if you don't mind selling Chrono Trigger for only $20, how about selling me Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore for that cheap, LOL![/quote]
Whatever, I don't really care. I made a profit already, and i'm selling basically all the games I got (I don't really care for RPG games)

I'm gonna sell Secret of Mana/Evermore soon ,but not for $20 (PM if interested, I don't know the prices for these either :p)

I'm hoping i'll get more 2morrow when i'm going to go yard sailing 4 the 1st time

Last edited by a moderator:
i purchased Chrono Trigger (among several other SNES RPGs) from a coworker several years back. he was a "neat freak" of sorts and the box, map, cart, all original inserts and docs were all perfectly mint. i sold that copy on Ebay roughly 6 years ago and made $200+ (back then, i sold off most of my really cool and rare stuff because i thought i was going to need the money -- i didn't!). i actually really like the game and i regretted selling it almost right away. now, unfortunately, all i've got is a cart-only copy kicking around, but the mint and complete copy was quite the showpiece.

if you're really not going to play it, i don't see the harm in selling it. you'll likely only miss it if it was really important to you.

Well, I'm gonna head out tomorrow, but if it's like the last 2 weeks I'll find nothing thanks to the game store's new owner.

I got these all at one sale. I unfortunately got to the sale later than I wanted since my dad's mapping software is a little old and didn't place the sale in the right spot. It was a pretty good find for me. I've gotten both that Zelda collection and the guide that goes with it from garage sales. I could have haggled, but I was happy finding that Zelda game. I didn't find anything else really. My area gets really quiets around now. It won't get busy till all the neighborhoods start having their sales again.

My dad just stopped by with some hauls he picked up for me:

2 N64's with 2 controllers each
Games: Turok 1 & 2, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda, 1080, Donkey Kong Country, GEX all in original boxes with manuals AND strategy guide
Gamecube with 2 controllers
Games: MLG Slubfest 04, Madden 02, NBA 02, Enter the Matrix, Turok, Hunter the Reckoning (still in shrinkwrap)

I love whenever he grabs stuff for me because it doesn't cost a dime out of my pocket! He always gets to sales earlier than I would so it helps a lot!

Found no gaming related swag today...just stuff for my 4 month old(toys and books). I just really hate Phoenix weather, it gets hot like 8am and almost unbearable to yard sale. And I have to start at 6am so like 2-3 hours of enjoyable time looking for deals.

I went to a few yard sales, but couldn't find anything. There were a shit-load of newer PC Games (There were 20 Blizzard Titles in a Trash Bag, didn't ask for the price), but otherwise the only gaming things I found were those plug n play Atari controllers from a few years back and a Game Boy Case, which I didn't buy.

I'm gonna try and go to some Thrift Stores and Pawn Shops this week and see if i'll do any better there. I live in a small state (1 Million people), and there are a lot of mountain people who probably don't play games, so I probably won't find too many in my state..

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']I went to a few yard sales, but couldn't find anything. There were a shit-load of newer PC Games (There were 20 Blizzard Titles in a Trash Bag, didn't ask for the price), but otherwise the only gaming things I found were those plug n play Atari controllers from a few years back and a Game Boy Case, which I didn't buy.

I'm gonna try and go to some Thrift Stores and Pawn Shops this week and see if i'll do any better there. I live in a small state (1 Million people), and there are a lot of mountain people who probably don't play games, so I probably won't find too many in my state..[/QUOTE]

not true.. the majority of the population (i would argue 90% of people 30 and younger play games..) they had to have parents.. and those parents probably put on yard sales..

Another decent weekend. Put a lot of time and miles in though. Started off pretty hot and didn't want to stop, but 4 hours of driving around starts to wear on you.

SNES minus power plug, but two controllers
Mario Paint Mouse
Pilotwings
Tetris & Dr. Mario Combo
Tinstar
Killer Instinct
Starfox
N64 Transfer Pack

$5

Green N64 Complete w/1 Controller
Banjo Kazooie
Super Mario 64
Intec DDR PS2 Mat

$10 (Probably could have offered $5, seller seemed surprised to hear my offer)

NES Complete (Everything still wrapped up, awesome shape)
Smash TV
Tetris
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
NES Cleaning Kit
Wanted $20 offered $10, settled on $15. Ordinarily I wouldn't pay this much, but this is the best NES I have seen in the wild.

Megaman ZX (DS)
Land Before Time Great Valley Racing Adventure (PS1)
Frogger (PS1)
E.T. Interplanetary Mission (PS1)
$8

Wario World (GC Gamestop Case, no manual)
Kirby Air Ride (GC, no manual)
Ultimate Codes Animal Crossing
Animal Crossing Prima Strategy Guide
$15

Fold up computer desk
$10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/2661042967/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/2661868444/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/2661043329/

Hope everyone did well.

After a few slow weeks, it was nice to finally get something at a yard sale. I found:
-Uncharted (PS3) $20
-Mario All-Stars (SNES) $5
-Shadowrun (SNES) $2
Unfortunately, the guy at the sell wouldn't haggle at all. I would have bought the Orange Box for the PS3 from him if he would have.

Also, I picked up an entire collection of James Bond books in a nice box set for $2. I believe there are 14 books in the collection.

img_4956-225x300.jpg

img_4958-225x300.jpg

img_4957-300x225.jpg

Prices and details are on GameHoarders.

I got my first Saturn! I guess it's one of those geographical things, but I rarely see Saturns -- ever -- here in Maryland. I saw one at a Goodwill in Virginia earlier this year and thought that was quaint. Anyway, it was $3 and works nicely.

The DS fat was $5. (!?) I can't believe that the owners wanted MORE for a 1st-gen GBA that they had... they wanted $10. Guess they really had no idea what they were doing with prices.

Also, I was happy to find FFXI for $2, as it's strictly for the collection and I'm sure I will never play it :whistle2:#

I got Super Punch out for the SNES, the game had pop spilled in it so it might be dead but I haven't tried it yet, at least I only paid 50 cents their asking price was 2$ I mentioned the dirt (it was on the outside too) and the age of the game and got it much cheaper. I have the tools to open and clean games. I saw some N64 games at this sale but the prices were really high like 5$ for a boxed game (box was crushed) and they only had sports and wrestling games.

Last week I got some N64 games for 1$ each and they were all in near perfect condition (cart only though), the games are Tony Hawk 1, Donkey Kong Country (yellow cart), Scooby Doo and Batman Beyond.

Since older games (older than PS2/Xbox/Gamecube) are not sold in ANY store in my area now I am picking up whatever I can provided the price is right even if the game is so-so.

First off, this didn't come from a yard sale, but I did get it while out yard saling.

dsc04675iv8.jpg

Sega Genesis Model 2 w/ Sega CD, AC adapters (no video cable)
SNES Game Genie
Genesis Game Genie
Sewer Shark
Sonic CD
The Terminator
NES Game Case
NES AC Adapter
Nintendo RF Switch
Nintendo Composite Cable (x2)
ClayFighter (not pictured)
Total: $55

This guy had a van FULL of stuff. at least 6 NESes, a tub full of controllers and other accessories for the NES and Genesis, two SNESes, a couple Atari 2600's... Yeah. I feel like I overpaid a bit, but the Sega CD was in beautiful condition, and the spare connectors are always useful for throwing together system bundles. Sadly he didn't have a video cable for the Genesis, but I was able to test the Sega CD with my model 1, and Sonic CD played great. Is it easy to burn backups for this? I sure would love some authentic Desert Bus.

dsc04677hw3.jpg

Tomb Raider (GH) w/ Guide
Tomb Raider II w/ Guide
Tomb Raider III w/ Guide
Tomb Raider The Last Revelation w/ Guide
Tomb Raider Chronicles w/ Guide
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver w/ Guide
Shadow Man
Resident Evil 2
Demo CD
Total: $5

The first find of my yard sale day, asked for games and the guy brought out a PS1 with these games. They were each marked $1, so I offered $5, which he accepted. And he old me I could have all the guides, too. Not too shabby, the Tomb Raiders could probably help me recoup some expenses from the day.

dsc04678wz5.jpg

PlayStation SCPH-1001
Naki Genesis Controller
Rhino Genesis Controller
Total: $5

Hey, one of those silly 'audiophile' PlayStations! And some Genesis controllers, just what I needed to go with that Genesis/Sega CD. Everything cleaned up nice and works great, so I'm happy.

dsc04679ah7.jpg

Mortal Kombat II
Road Rash II
Sonic The Hedgehog (case and manual only)
Altered Beast
Disney's Aladdin
Chakan
Model 1 video cable
Total: $10

They were asking a bit much, but I did need the video cord for my model 1 Genesis. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work. Oh well. The empty Sonic case was a freebie, but I did have two Sonic carts without cases, so I could put it to use.

I spent $40 yesterday, $30 on 20 Ps2 games, nothing special, and $10 on 2 360 games. Nothing worth getting my camera out for, but well worth the $40.

Misc PC Game Manuals & Papers
Some Random Map (I think it goes to one of the Ultima games says Britannia at the bottom)
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Map
Dino Crisis Demo Disc
Hogs of War (Disc Only)

Free

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super Game Boy

Zelda Oracle of Seasons
Zelda Oracle of Ages

Mega Man X5 (Disc Only)
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (Only the front part of the case with Making of & Soundtrack Discs)
Galerians (No Manual)
Parasite Eve II (Complete with Brady Games guide also)
Metal Gear Solid (Missing manual but came with Millenium guide also)

Mortal Kombat Deception (Disc Only)

Guides

Super Mario 64 (Brady Games)
Secret of Mana (Prima)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars (Brady Games)
Official Mortal Kombat 3 Fighter's Kompanion (Brady Games)
Dino Crisis (Dimension Publishing)
Dark Cloud 2 (Prima)
.hack//Infection (Brady Games)
Dino Crisis 2 (Prima)
Mortal Kombat Super Book Collecto's Limited Edition (Brady Games)
Lunar Silver Story Complete (Working Designs?)

$20

Sorry about the first picture being worse then usual, I didn't notice this until I looked at the picture on my computer. All of this stuff came from one yardsale the first four items I grabbed on my way out as it was in a free box at the end of the drive way. This sale advertised "video games" and they started advertising this Friday & Saturday sale in the paper on Friday, instead of Thurday like most sales starting on a Friday do. I went around my town and found nothing at about 7 sales then got to this sale that was the next town over at about 8:30-8:45. I remember buying some newer & older video games at this same house I think back in 2005 including a bag with about a dozen NES games that was marked $3. Everything had prices and had a name on it one of which was a kid that was helping out with running the sale and another which was probably his brother. The total came up to $24 and I offered $20 which was taken. The most expensive IAP was Parasite Eve II with guide ($5) followed by Metal Gear Solid with Guide ($3), Parasite Eve II seemed rather expensive for a Playstation game at a yardsale nowadays but considering what it was and some of the other good stuff for cheap I also got it worked out well. The Super Game Boy was marked .50 others were a buck or two and the guides .50 for the older ones & $1 for newer. I had to do a double take when I walked up saw the box with guides first noticing the Lunar guide. Even though some of these guide are rather rough (the Secret of Mana guide is missing the back cover and probably a few of the last pages for example) I was still happy to find them at prices like these.

Clear GameBoy (Missing Battery Cover) - $1.50

This was actually a Thursday sale that advertised video games, DVDs & VHS tapes. I was hoping it might even be a ton of stuff from an old rental store which it wasen't. I got to it when it started and they were still setting up the tables with nothing out yet about 5 minutes before starting time. The games were PS2, Xbox & GameCube. Not much and it was pretty bad IIRC every PS2 game was a sports game and Bloodrayne for the Xbox was probably the best out of all of the games, everything was marked $5 IIRC. I asked about old video games and the lady had the one middle school aged kid go in and ask about a SNES only to have him come back out to say that his brother sold it. The GameBoy was marked $5 I offered a dollar which was countered with $2 and they agree when I said countered back with $1.50.

Shadow of The Colossus (GH) (Complete) - $3
Neverwinter Nights (PC) (Complete?) - $1

Found these still around yesterday (Saturday) at a Friday & Saturday sale shortly after it started. I'm pretty sure that Neverwinter Nights is complete has it had a manual, map & 3 CDs and Shadow of The Colossus was in mint condition which is a nice change of pace for a disc game at a yardsale.

Misc Mario Toys
Sonic The Hedghog 3 Tiger Handheld
Castlevania Symphony of The Night Tiger Handheld
GameBoy Advance (Artic) With Interact AC Adaptor
Crash Bandicoot The Huge Adventure (GBA)
Side Pocket (GB)
N64 GameShark

SNES Games

Aerobiz
Gradius III
Mortal Kombat II
Super Mario World
World Heroes 2

NES With RF & Power Adaptors with 3 1st party controllers

NES Games

Adventures of Dino-Riki
Batman
Breakthru
Deja Vu
Dick Tracy
Dr Mario
Faxanadu
Kung Fu
Legend of Zelda, The
Little Mermaid, The
Metroid
Monopoly
Mystery Quest
NES Play Action Football
Nintendo World Cup
North And South
Overlord
Remote Control
Rocketeer, The
Spider-Man Return of The Sinister Six
Spot The Video Game
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Pitfall
Tetris 2
Tiny Toon Adventures
Yoshi

$25

This stuff all came from a sale that advertised video games that started at 7:30 but I didn't make it to this sale until about 9 as I went around to a few sales around my town before heading out to this one. The Mario Toys & Handheld stuff was all sitting out they also had a few PS2 games & a GameCube with a few games that I passed on. I asked about older video games and they said that they had NES & SNES stuff and brought out all of the NES games along with about 25-30 SNES games and the N64 GameShark which was mixed in with the NES games. After I looked it over they asked me if I was interested in any of the games to which I said I would be interested in all of them and they ended up taking a few of the SNES games back that they decided that they still wanted after bringing them all out lol They took out Aladin, DKC 1 & 2 a double of Super Mario World and maybe a Mortal Kombat or two out so they ended up taking pretty much most of the games worth playing but nothing rare just a few rememberable games that were common for SNES games. The lady counted the games and said how about $35. I grabbed the 5 SNES games and offered $20 for those and all of the NES stuff which they agreed on. Everything actually came up to $26.50 but they said that $25 even would work and even considered it as if they were just giving me the NES as the lady said she didn't know if it worked and didn't feel right selling it as at first as they just brought out the games and when I asked about systems the lady was nice enough to go back in and round up the NES.

This sale was kind of funny as they asked the younger kid (probably about 12) about selling the games a few times as if they wouldn't sell it if he was interested in playing them still but he didn't mind seeing them go and didn't seem to care much for something as old as NES games anymore, it sounded like he had an N64 which he must still play sometimes as they didn't bring it out or offer to. Another guy that seemed like an older brother that was probably about 20 which came out when they brought out the Nintendo stuff said ?your selling the old Nintendo? as if he almost couldn't believe they were getting rid of it and mentioned something about Zelda as if he remembered how good it was and even said something at one point about how hard it is to find these games as if he was lightly trying to discourage them from selling the games. He was actually the one that pulled Aladdin aside as he said he liked it and remembered beating it and wanted to play it again.

I have a question. When you guys don't see any video games and ask for them and they have them, what kind people and age group are they? I feel awkard asking for games at a sale with people that don't look like video game people.

[quote name='Trikip']I have a question. When you guys don't see any video games and ask for them and they have them, what kind people and age group are they? I feel awkard asking for games at a sale with people that don't look like video game people.[/quote]

You should ask at pretty much any yard sale. You never know who will turn out to have some..... even if they are not "video game people" - they might have kids/grand kids/family that are. I ask at most yard sales I go to and have been really surprised when random people have cool old game stuff and just don't think to pull it out for the yard sale...... The worst they can say is no

Finally had a HUGE HUGE weekend for me since it has been dry for a bit...

This was a nice find. I originally found this and almost didn't get it but decided I would since it had an accessory I have been looking for. I found:

N64 Game system w/ power + A/V
Hey You Pikachu
N64 Microphone adapter AND microphone

I was most excited about the microphone. I got some books for my wife and I CIF'ed $3 for all I had and she took it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2665443701/

This has not big story to it. I ended up going to this sale at 2PM on my way back home and stumbled across this sale. There was a bin of junky playstation game but there was this gem mixed with it as well. I picked up:

Mega Man Legends

The game is complete and I CIF'ed $2 for it instead of the $5 price tag and she took it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2665446361/

I pull up to this sale with my Dad and found no game related items. However one again the power of asking prevails. The guy running it said he had a Sega still so I was excited about it and still was even when he brought it out. I received:

Genesis Core System (CIB)
Madden '96 (CIB)
PGA Tour 2 (CIB)

The games weren't the best but I'll trade them in. I gave $7 for it and feel I did alright.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2666272762/

This was thw only thing I found during all the Friday sales I went to. I pulled up and started loking and I found the Jeff Rovin book so I thought that video games might live here too. Wrong. However, I did find a large stack of manual for NES, SNES, and N64 games. Notable games include:

DCK2
Pocky and Rocky
RoboCop
Mystical Ninja Goemon

Just to name a few. I got him down to $1.25 for all of it and it was well worth it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2666275380/

I pulled up to this sale and saw quite a bit there. There were a few PS2 game and DS games but none that struck my fancy. I did grab a DS game and a PS game and I was about to pay when I asked if they had any other games. She responded tellimg me that she had a Super Nintendo with some games. She brought it out and I saw was it was immediatly. I picked it up without hesitation. I ended up with:

SNES Mini System w/ power + A/V
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario World
Super Black Bass
Jungle Book
DCK2
Speedy Gonzales los Gatos Bandidos
Bass Masters Classic Pro Edition
Scooby-Doo Mystery
Aladdin
Timon and Phumba's Jungle Games
Pokemon Troezi (DS)
Blasto (PS)

I CIF'ed $20 since the games were priced and she accepted.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2665557331/

This was a great find in the way of games. I went to this sale and started looking aroung and found a single N64 game and 3 GBC games. I was about to finish up when I decided to ask if there were any more games that weren't out. The kod overheard me and brought out a stack of N64 games and told me they were a quarter each. Needless to say I bought them all. However, the game boy games were $4 each. Not sure how that worked. After all was said and done I ended up with:

Turok: Rage Wars (GBC)
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (GBC)
Q*Bert (GB)
Aero Gauge (N64)
Mario Tennis (N64)
Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
Nascar 99 (N64)
Goldeneye (N64)
All-Star Baseball 99 (N64)
Triple Play 2000 (N64)
NBA Courtside 2 featuring Kobe Bryant (N64)
Ken Griffy Jr.'s Slugfest (N64)

I CIF'ed him $6 and he finally decided to take it. Pretty good haul.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2665560275/

This was a MAJOR score my dad found while he was out yard sailing where he lives. He called me at work a couple month ago and said that he found a huge box of game magazines and some boxes. He said it was $20 and I told him go ahead and pick it up and I would pay him back next time I was in town. Well, I picked it up today and this is what he had scored...
20+ SNES,N64 and NES game boxes with notable mentions:

TMNT Tournament Fighters (NES)
DKC2 (SNES)
DK64 (N64)
Final Fantasy (NES)

to name a few. Then, there were over 100 nintendo power magazines with a few surprise strategy guides thrown in. These include:

Final Fantasy 3 (SNES)
Final Fantasy (NES)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
DKC2 (SNES)

Then the best was was hidden in the bottom... The around 150 Nintendo Super Power Club trading cards in the official Nintendo Power binders... Amazing. definitly all worth $20.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2665605201/

This was a MAJOR score my dad found while he was out yard sailing where he lives. He called me at work a couple month ago and said that he found a huge box of games for regular nintendo and indeed he did. He said it was $20 and I told him go ahead and pick it up and I would pay him back next time I was in town. Well, I picked it up today and this is what he had scored...

Adventure Island 2
Faxanadu
Fester's Quest
Metal Gear
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Robocop
Donkey Kong Classics
Dragon Spirit: The New Legend (x2)
Mega Man
Mega Man 5
Ducktales 2
Addams Family
SMB/Duck Hunt (x2)
Paperboy
Milon's Secret Castle
Joe and Mac
TMNT
Gargoyle's Quest 2
Legend of Zelda
Wizard and Warriors
TMNT Tournament Fighters
Jurassic Park
Bignose the Caveman
Super Mario Bros. 2
Gyromite
Tom and Jerry
Adventures of Dino-Riki
Wheel of Fortune
RoadBlasters
Legacy of the Wizard
Jeopardy!
Tetris

HUGE score! Amazing what you can find for $20.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2666432168/ part 1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2666426272/ part 2

[quote name='Trikip']I have a question. When you guys don't see any video games and ask for them and they have them, what kind people and age group are they? I feel awkard asking for games at a sale with people that don't look like video game people.[/quote]

I'm pretty good about asking at every sale, except for old people with nothing but antique dishes out for sale. Current gen games are the best indicator of classic ones, other things that I had as a kid can be a good sign... Baby clothes usually means no, but once in a while there's a new dad who's ready to move on.

[quote name='Link927']I also have a question, how large are the cities you live in? Population wise.[/quote]

Around a million in the "metro area", according to Wikipedia.

[quote name='Link927']I also have a question, how large are the cities you live in? Population wise.[/quote]

My town is only about 2500 but the neighboring town is around 16,000

[quote name='jaysapathy']I think this very easily gets the award for most retarded post in this entire thread.[/quote]
More like best post.
Over Nine Thousand isn't something he just made up... there's a background to it.

Saturday's finds

1001558jn9.jpg

FFVII complete, other than a couple of very light surface scratches on disc 1, this baby is in impeccable condition . - TOTAL: $3

This sale had several PS1 games, the lady said the single disc games were $3 and double disc games were $6. I CIF'd $3 for this and the lady came back with oh ! that's Final Fantasy that one is $8. I told her (cause she seemed kinda clueless) "do you know this game is over 10 years old?" she seemed surprised and said really? I said yes mam sure is and added are you sure this works? She looked at the $3 still in my hand and said OK I'll take the $3 but all sales are final OK? I took the $3 gamble and it paid off.

Another RE DC and Atari arcade (PC) - TOTAL: $2.00
This sale had a PS1 console only, 2 ps1 games and 1/2 dozen or so PC games. She wanted $10 for everything, I asked how much for a game or 2 and she came back with $2 each. I CIF'd $2 for both which she took. This RE had a cracked case but looks like it was never played disc and book are flawless

[quote name='jaysapathy']I think this very easily gets the award for most retarded post in this entire thread.[/quote]

not even close. stick around, you'll find much worse.

Population (2006) - Total 22,264 - Density 4,747.4/sq mi (1,833.9/km)

Latino
px-orange.gif
23.4%

White
px-green.gif
57.3%

Black
px-purple.gif
9.5%

Asian
px-aqua.gif
8.3%

Other
px-rust.gif
1.3%

[quote name='allyourblood']over NINE THOUSAND
[/quote]
You sir win the internet

I live in a 1Million populated State, so probably not too many in my town

My town has about 10,000, but as of two weeks ago i went from the only Garage saler to one of many...so im... fucked.

[quote name='darkslime']Where I live hit a million last year. The population is like 80 percent mexican.[/quote]

You must live in Mesa. (AZ)

Mexizona.

We get your overflow. And they all have yard sales. But never anything good outside of flambouyant Mexican jewlery.

[quote name='slowdive21']You must live in Mesa.[/quote]

[quote name='allyourblood']over NINE THOUSAND
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jaysapathy']I think this very easily gets the award for most retarded post in this entire thread.[/QUOTE]

Go back and read the first few posts in this thread. The CAGs that were serious about reserving an early post in this thread win!

My borough was close to 5,000 for the 2000 census. I usually don't go yardsaling outside of the borough with gas prices the way they are unless I see something advertised of interest.

Picked up an original Xbox wireless adapter for a few bucks. That's been my best grab in quite some time.. And that's not saying much :p

Local thrift store had a pile of Genesis games and Sega Master System stuff, but nothing out of the normal.

I got my first good haul in a few weeks today, I got Fianl Fantasy VII(Black, Complete) Marvel Super Hero's(no Manual), and Super Double Dragon. for $10.

I decided I was tired of hearing that people sold everything on Friday, so I went to some yard sales this morning before work. I was rewarded with a Genesis, 32X, and a shoebox full of games with boxes for $20. Spider-Man: Web of Fire was one of those games. :)

[quote name='theGrue']...I was rewarded with a Genesis, 32X, and a shoebox full of games with boxes for $20. Spider-Man: Web of Fire was one of those games. :)[/quote]

i don't think i've ever even seen the box! care to share?

nevermind: i just swiped this from some site --
spiderman7ma.jpg

it still kills me that Sega switched to cardboard towards the end of the Genesis/32x era. endless Crusader of Centys, Shining Force IIs and Spiderman WoF all cart only as far as the eye can see. what a shame.

Hey guys, this is my first post here. I found this forum and read about the great deals people were getting at garage sales so I figured I could make some extra money this summer checking out garage sales.

Today was my first day and I went to about 8 or so sales. My first sale I got a N64 (one controller and chopper attack) and a playstation 1 (two controllers, case, no a/v cable) for $10 total. It was a young guy so I was a little worried he would want more money, so I offered 7 CIF. He said he was going to do 10 for each and I said I'd do 10 for both. He was apathetic and after a second took the deal. It wasn't the best deal, but I just wanted to walk away with something at the end of the day. Sadly, the N64 doesn't work. It starts up but I get a brown or green screen. I don't know if it's the game (it only came with chopper attack) or maybe dirty connections. I tried another s-video cable from my SNES and had the same problem.

The last sale of the day I got a playstation with one controller and cables for $3. It was an older lady and her granddaughter. It was marked 25 so I was worried about going too low but the young lady accepted 3 right away. It came with an a/v cable so I was able to test both playstations out. They work but both are fuzzy which means it has to be the one A/V cable I was using for both of them.

I also asked a lady about video games and she said her husband used to work at gamestop and has a garage full of stuff. I'm going to call her in a little bit. He probably knows how much each thing is going to be worth, but if I'm lucky he'll just want to get rid of it.

EDIT: I talked to the guy and he mostly has xbox sports titles (not needed), strategy guides, and PC games. No older stuff and the newer stuff his kids use. He did say he had some cables and stuff for PC and consoles so it sounds like a good source for getting some cheap replacement cables when consoles are missing them. They are fairly limited in quantity though.

I also asked a guy and he said he had an atari 2600 with like 40-50 games that he gave to someone to sell on ebay. I gave him my number and email and he acted like he could sell it to me after he did some research. That means he probably won't cut me a great deal, but maybe if there are some rare games I could luck out. Are there any games I should look out for and what would be a good offer to turn a profit for this assuming it's all common stuff?

By the way, I've spent a lot of time reading this thread and its great to see what others have done to work as a guide for my own deal making. I appreciate you guys taking the time to do this. I'll post pictures if I get anything worthwhile. Tommorow there should be a bunch of garage sales.

bread's done
Back