Star Wars Battlefront GH (PS2)
Star Wars Starfighter GH (PS2)
Wario Land 3 (GBC)
PS2 Network Adapter & Disc
$10

Animal Crossing Cartridge (DS)
Dragon Quest Joker Cartridge (DS)
$6

Not sure how hard I am going to hit it tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else.

These are some NES games that I picked up off the local forum. In the lot I got:

Fester's Quest (x2)
Mickey Mouscapade
X-Men
WWF WrestleMania Challenge
Frankenstein
California Games
Ninja Gaiden 2
Yo Noid
Totally Rad
Sesame Street 123 (x2)
Wrath of the Black Manta
Karate Kid
Mach Rider
Skate or Die
Sesame Street ABS
Bart vs. The World
Jaws
Gauntlet (Tengen)
Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular
Ren and Stimpy: Buckaroo$
NFL
Star Trek the next Generation (Genesis cart)

I ended up scoring all these for $12

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2680029147/

This was a find I had today and it seemed to be the only find unfortunatly. I picked up a complete N64 in the box with an atomic purple controller in the box as well. It was originally was $15 but I CIF'ed $7

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2680027567/

The Stone Cold Truth book (hardback cover)
Chibi Robo complete and surpisingly mint (GameCube)

$5

Went to about a dozen yardsales around town and didn't buy anything until the last sale that I noticed a sign for about a block from my house on the way home as it wasen't advertised in the paper. This sale had about 15 last gen games mostly PS2. Chibi Robo was marked $5 and the Stone Cold book was marked $2 offered $5 for both which was taken.

Today was a good day for sales.

At the first one I picked up:

Star Fox Assault Player's Choice Mint + complete
PS2 Black complete
disc only Megaman X6

Asking $1 each, CIF'd $2.

The next sale I found video games at was good. I got:
SNES (very faded on the top) + manuals
all cables + AV cable
2 controllers
Super Scope + manual
Super Mario World + manual
Super Scope 6 + manual
Extra Innings + manual
NBA allstar challenge
Super Play Action Football
SMB 3 manual and NP strategy guide no game
NES advantage manual only
2 dust protectors

Wanted $10 for the system and $2 a game. CIF'd $8 for all and he took it.

Got a SNES last time I went GSing also, and might give one to a friend. How likely are they to fail on me? Would it be good to keep an extra one?

img_4973-300x225.jpg

Some OK stuff today, nothing major (Zelda Collector's edition being the best find). Prices and rundown are at GameHoarders.

As for the guy who sold me the Genesis games last week, I found his eBay auctions. He's selling a Nomad, mint in box! :cry: sell it to meeeeeeeeeee dammit

I'm still praying to find a Nomad and an NES top loader one of these days. :pray:

[quote name='Derock']
I also asked a guy and he said he had an atari 2600 with like 40-50 games that he gave to someone to sell on ebay. I gave him my number and email and he acted like he could sell it to me after he did some research. That means he probably won't cut me a great deal, but maybe if there are some rare games I could luck out. Are there any games I should look out for and what would be a good offer to turn a profit for this assuming it's all common stuff?[/QUOTE]

Ataris usually sell for a dime a dozen at yard sales, personally I wouldn't pay over 20.00 for it, because they don't sell for a lot so you won't be making a ton of profit. You may be able to piece out some games, such at Pitfall 2 or something for about 10 bucks. As for rare games, GOOD LUCK! The odds of finding actual RARE atari games is something that's going to be very VERY hard to do. I have bought so many atari lots over the years, even bought a collection from a guy that had literally 500+ games, and out of that lot only a couple were rare, and they didn't sell for much more than 30.00 each. All the other lots I've bought over the years, nothing rare at all in them.

dsc04685ov7.jpg

dsc04686ph8.jpg

Here's the complete haul I mentioned earlier, the reward for fitting in some yard saling before work...

Sega Genesis Model 1 w/ Hookups, 3 Controllers
Game Genie
Batman Forever
Batman Returns
Disney's Aladdin
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Earthworm Jim
Grind Stormer
NHLPA Hockey '93
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic and Knuckles
Toy Story
Sega 32X w/ AC Adapter
Knuckles Chaotix
Spider-Man: Web of Fire :hot:
The Jungle Book (NES)
The Little Mermaid (NES)
Jade Empire
Panzer Dragoon Orta (Demo)
Total: $20

And oh yes, Web of Fire is complete. I'm just not sure if I should flip it now, or hold on to it and see if it keeps going up in value.

Hit a bunch of sales today, but didn't find too much.

dsc04687xj5.jpg

Mischief Makers
Atomic Purple Controller
Controller Pak
Total: $5

Cherry picked these from two N64 bundles. Mischief Makers is pretty great, but boy was it ahead of it's time. It's not until now that you can make a true game about shaking things. :)

Does anyone know a great source for the connector from the Genesis to the 32X? All I can find is one on eBay for $20.

I only hit a couple of sales this weekend, but I managed to get an official Zelda Majora's Mask Nintendo Power guide for $0.08 today (I bought 13 gamemags/guides for $1).

I hit several sales today, but only found stuff i didnt want, Ie. Gamecubes, common PS2 stuff. I did find one sale that a lady brought out 12 NES games, they were all super common stuff so i gave her $4 for them. I was at a sale that had several GC controllers marked $2.00 for the lot but no one was in the yard and no one came out so i left.

My last stop was a local Flea/thrift, I picked up The outfit(360) and The Screwtape Leters(book) for $4.80

[quote name='allyourblood']i don't think i've ever even seen the box! care to share?

nevermind: i just swiped this from some site --
spiderman7ma.jpg

it still kills me that Sega switched to cardboard towards the end of the Genesis/32x era. endless Crusader of Centys, Shining Force IIs and Spiderman WoF all cart only as far as the eye can see. what a shame.[/quote]

Did you notice the title on the postcard though? Sega Saturn Registration. I wonder if that's the original postcard that came with the game?

[quote name='theGrue']
Does anyone know a great source for the connector from the Genesis to the 32X? All I can find is one on eBay for $20.[/quote]

I got one from here a while back. It is not original but it works. You need a 9-pin male to male cable. I checked and their prices have increased. It is now nearly $10 for the cable and 3 for shipping. Could save you some money.
http://www.stockcable.com/products.php?pid=17&detail=true

I originally found the site through Racketboy (Awesome for retrogaming) in this thread: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3915&highlight=

[quote name='Cmosfm']Ataris usually sell for a dime a dozen at yard sales, personally I wouldn't pay over 20.00 for it, because they don't sell for a lot so you won't be making a ton of profit. You may be able to piece out some games, such at Pitfall 2 or something for about 10 bucks. As for rare games, GOOD LUCK! The odds of finding actual RARE atari games is something that's going to be very VERY hard to do. I have bought so many atari lots over the years, even bought a collection from a guy that had literally 500+ games, and out of that lot only a couple were rare, and they didn't sell for much more than 30.00 each. All the other lots I've bought over the years, nothing rare at all in them.[/quote]

That's good to know. Thanks for the reply and as I figured, I'll probably only buy something if it's rare and he's asking a low price.

After hours of yard sales I got next to nothing. I CIF'd a N64 with like 8 -10 games for $15 which I thought was a good deal and they declined saying they could sell it at gamestop. I reminded them they couldn't and they decided their kids would rather keep playing it sense they marked it at $30. I believe their kids made the asking prices and the parents just went along not knowing its value even after I explained you could get a N64 for $5 at other garage sales.

In the end I picked up zelda OoT, Mario Party, and a memory card for a PS for $1.25 over the entire morning.

I search craigslist for sales, is there any strategy to finding games other than lucking out or emailing the sellers ahead of time?

Bunch of stuff for me today (electronics and gaming), most is not relevant to this forum

Juice Box player with a load of stuff plus MP3 player and adaptor- 2$

DS Lite Case .75 cents (brunswick ALS case), with the price these are going for in stores, you can't beat under 1$.

theGrue -- Knuckles Chaotix is a fairly rare title too, $30-$40 complete last I checked.

I bought a copy for $0.50 at a yard sale last year.

This was one of the few finds for the day. This DVD box set was sitting on the table at this sale and was marked $3. I CIF'ed $2 and picked up Dark Angel Season 1.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2684805739/

No major story on this one. Walked up to a sale and picked up the only PS game they had. I am now the proud owner of Namco Museum Vol. 3 for $1.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2684803383/

This was a good find but it was unfortunate that it was in a thrift store and not a yard sale. However I picked up 6 master system games for $2 each. I got:

Rambo: First Blood Part 2
The Ninja
Super Tennis
Great Golf
Parlour Games
Hang On / Safari Hunt

It was $12 total but not to bad since I hardly ever see these anywhere.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2684800801/

Went to the flea today, but only had $5 because I'm a poor kid with no job. >_<
What sucks is that someone had a complete fire emblem gc game and complete pikmin 2 but they wouldn't go lower than 7 fucking dollars each! I was 2 dollars short! fuck!

[quote name='Sinnbox']^ how did it let you say fuck? Gratz on breaking the system!![/quote]

it doesn't censor it if you capitalize it.

[quote name='darkslime']Went to the flea today, but only had $5 because I'm a poor kid with no job. >_<
What sucks is that someone had a complete fire emblem gc game and complete pikmin 2 but they wouldn't go lower than 7 fucking dollars each! I was 2 dollars short! fuck![/QUOTE]

Im just saying, even if the flea market may have great deals sometimes, you should still bring more than $5. No offense, but what were you trying to buy with only $5?

First time in a month or so i went to yardsales, i got some ok stuff:
-GBC games- Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Puzzle Challenge, Arthur (for my little bro) and mary kate & ashley - $3, marked $1 each.
- Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness- $10, marked $15. A little higher than i'd usually pay, but i want to play it and haven't been able to find it for under $25.
-Mario Kart Super Circut, GBA, Sealed. - Marked $10, CIF'ed for $5.
-NES-deck only - Marked $5, CIF'ed $2.

Non Videogame related, I bought 7 cd's for $4. Cd's are surprisingly good for reselling. Last group i got were 6 for $3, which i sold to FYE for $26 credit.

Not incredibly stellar, but I drove around while out of town this weekend. At one sale I found Wave Race: Blue Storm and a sealed Hello Kitty Roller Rescue. They were marked $5 each and I actually didn't even try to pay less because the family seemed nice and I knew it was a good deal. The HK game goes for over $20 used on ebay, so I was happy.

[quote name='Link927']Im just saying, even if the flea market may have great deals sometimes, you should still bring more than $5. No offense, but what were you trying to buy with only $5?[/quote] I'm only 14, and don't have a job. I had just paid for 2 movies, some yard sale stuff and a concert this weekend and only had $5 left.

Stuff for this weekend + today:

finds300k230fk.jpg

Pikachu N64 system - $38.50 after shipping from Ebay.

Been wanting this and this was a pretty good deal considering other prices I've seen the system for on Ebay.

Tonic Trouble, Tetrisphere and Lode Runner 3-D - $9.xx from the Goodwill

NES w/ 2 controllers, wireless multitap, hookups and zapper plus

Loose Games:

Willow, Contra, Fast Break, Skate or Die, Baseball, Double Dragon, Renegade, Karate Kid, Goal, SMB/DH, Golf

Complete games: Ice Hockey, TMNT 2, Mega Man 3, RC Pro AM, Operation Wolf, Guerrilla

Boxes and Manuals: Mega Man 4, Gauntlet 2

Total cost was $35 for the lot. Great deal over all, it gave me some excellent condition complete games. :)

Metroid - $3

Balder's Gate Dark Alliance 2 and Vampire Night - $14

I usually shop some sales on Sat morning on the way home from work. Two Saturdays ago was pretty much a bust except for some baby books for my son, and some baby toys. This last Saturday was a lot better for some good haul.

My first sale was pretty meager, clothes, crappy dishes, etc

Second Sale: some CDs and PS2 GTA Vice City and PS2 Liberty City Stories. No price so I asked the kid (mom was with another guy) how much? He was like $1 CD, $2 per PS2 game. I wipped out $3 and CIF'd him. He kinda hesitated but seeing that money, the haul was mine.

Third Sale: A good selection of electronics, TVs, and clothes, and I saw an N64 with like 8 games and the system had three controllers. Upon closer inspection it looked like the system had been made sweet love to by a cat, dust, and hair. The games weren't in mint condition, but a hell of a lot better than the N64. I asked how much, she said $5 for everything. Wasn't bad, but the system made me queasy. Trying to clean that was way to much work. I offered .25 cents a game and gave her $2. Got Goldeneye, Star wars Shadow of the empire, Diddy Kong racing, and some sport games.

Fourth Sale: Some old lady saying she had tons of stuff, which she did, selling off her daughters and daughters boyfriends stuff (for Meth or whatever). I first noticed a TI-83. Now I had one for high school years ago and I asked how much. She replied $1 or $2, i hesitated then she responded with a $1. I walked around and noticed an upside down game manual. I flipped it over and behold FFVII. (I had noticed a PS1 slim, but she wanted $15 and it was pretty beat up.) I inquired about games but she didn't know. Underneath the manual was a CD book. I flipped through it, some decent CDs, but in the back two pages was FFVII discs 2 and 3. Score, but where was disc 1. I remembered the PS1 and went to open the lid, and behold disc 1. I placed the disc in the binder and showed her the binder. She said $10 for the binder, I CIF'd $5 for the manual, CD binder, and TI-83. She bit, I said thanks and left.

Fourth sale: some PSP cases, PSP headphone jack, and nifty armband - .40 cents

Pics -

[quote name='darkslime']Yeah, if there's a PSX or something with no games I always check the disc tray of it hoping to find something like that. ^_^[/quote]

Very true indeed. I actually found Bushido Blade in a PSOne at a garage sale. Always check Playstations and front-loader NES systems

90% of the CD based systems, and NES frontloaders I get have games in them. Just this saturday I found a PS1 and asked for games, another buyer at the sale said "Hey kid look in the system" sure enough there was a Crash game in there. Salvation army is bad about not checking systems for games, there are always games in the sytems they sell, once there was a PS1 with like 5 games stuffed in the drive.

[quote name='Sinnbox']90% of the CD based systems, and NES frontloaders I get have games in them. Just this saturday I found a PS1 and asked for games, another buyer at the sale said "Hey kid look in the system" sure enough there was a Crash game in there. Salvation army is bad about not checking systems for games, there are always games in the sytems they sell, once there was a PS1 with like 5 games stuffed in the drive.[/quote]

this happens with game cases too. i recently bought Strikers 1945 and inside the case (along with Strikers) was Marvel vs. Capcom:

and this past weekend's finds:

BD The Prestige, $8
HD DVD The Ten, $4

GEN General Chaos (complete), $2
GEN Liberty or Death (w/manual, no map), $3

PS Chrono Cross (complete), $3
NES P.O.W.
NES Tetris
NES Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
NES Captain America and the Avengers, $2 for all 4

Monster In My Pocket, 20 figures, $2

Nintendo Grape Game Boy Advance (missing battery door), $2
PS Tobal No. 1 (case, manual, FFVII disc, missing Tobal disc), .50c

DVD Riddick Trilogy, $3
GC Spice controller, $2

Sony PSP w/Pursuit Force demo disc, $55

Sony Playstation Debugging Station, $3 (shot of the back here)

total: $89.50
the PSP really pushed my usual total quite high this week. it was bordering on too expensive, but for some reason i've been wanting a PSP again (sold mine not long after launch) and this just appeared at the right time.

unbelievably, the Debugging Station is my second! (some of you thread veterans may remember i found one about 1-2 years ago with a bizarre beta disc.) i now have two. the first time i found one, i thought i'd never see another again, yet here we are. the downsides: this one is missing the blue Reset button (i'll have to replace it with a grey one), and it's also missing its power adapter. normally that wouldn't matter, but for some reason, this particular model uses a rather unique barrel-type plug, unlike my other model, which uses the typical two-prong plug. since it was missing the Reset button, i managed to haggle the price down from five dollars to three. as a matter of interest, this Station must have belonged to Midway at some point, as there is a Midway sticker on the bottom of it with a serial number. i won't know if it works until i can test it, which i can't do without the fancy power plug. i'm still very happy. for those who don't know, these were used by many developers to test alpha/beta builds of games and it'll play burned discs right out of the box, without modification.

also, the General Chaos is probably the most mint copy i've ever seen; it looks like someone just unwrapped the thing, and is complete with crisp and mint manual, registration card and EA poster. i love this game, so finding one in this kind of condition was a treat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are some nice finds. I'd love to come across a ps1 debug unit. I'm a little jealous of the psp. I've been wanting to get one of those for a while. Though, I'm wondering if I should be cheap and look for an older one or get the slim model.

[quote name='allyourblood']and this past weekend's finds:

BD The Prestige, $8
HD DVD The Ten, $4

DVD Riddick Trilogy, $3
GC Spice controller, $2

Sony Playstation Debugging Station, $3 (shot of the back here)[/quote]

serisously man where do you live? how many sony developers can you hit with a rock. Those are some great finds, i also like the blu-ray, riddick, and GC controller. I would never find anything like that in my area (hence my slowing down of yard saling) but congrats on those finds.

thanks gang. it's been slow lately, so i think i was due for a nice haul.

i found my old Debugging Station, so i put the two together for a couple photos. the one on the left in the top photo (the same one that's on top in the second photo) is a DTL-H1001, manufactured in October 1995 and uses the standard AC adapter. the other is a DTL-H1101, manufactured in August 1998 and requires the aforementioned DC barrel plug.

the older system obviously sat in a window as the top and some of the sides are a little faded. it's not quite as bad in person as the photos make it out to be, but there is a noticeable difference when you look at them side by side. that i know of, these never had a matching blue controller. rather, they include a dark grey controller that i've never seen (in the wild), but hope to stumble across one day.l

[quote name='allyourblood']thanks gang. it's been slow lately, so i think i was due for a nice haul.

i found my old Debugging Station, so i put the two together for a couple photos. the one on the left in the top photo (the same one that's on top in the second photo) is a DTL-H1001, manufactured in October 1995 and uses the standard AC adapter. the other is a DTL-H1101, manufactured in August 1998 and requires the aforementioned DC barrel plug.

the older system obviously sat in a window as the top and some of the sides are a little faded. it's not quite as bad in person as the photos make it out to be, but there is a noticeable difference when you look at them side by side. that i know of, these never had a matching blue controller. rather, they include a dark grey controller that i've never seen (in the wild), but hope to stumble across one day.l

[/quote] 0_0 I've seen a dark grey controller. Just thought it was a faded PS2 controller or something and didn't give it much thought. Gotta go see if its still there.

After reading a lot of these threads I'm getting and idea of the rare games to look out for. Is there a good list anywhere of what to look for in terms of valuable games that aren't extremely uncommon?

I just got back from yardsaling, (I went on friday because a few were open and I can't make it Saturday) and i got a pretty nice little haul from the first one i went to:

-Genesis game, Arcade Classics, boxed but no manuel: 50 cents
-Sega Genesis Model 2, no cords (x3): $1 each
-Sega Genesis Model 1, two power cords, no a/v or rf cords, two controllers: $2
-Super Nintendo, no cords or controllers, little flap that covers the game conectors missing: 50 cents.

This was all marked the prices i paid. The prices were too good to try and haggle. I was shocked to find a super nintendo, even without cords, for 50 cents. I left behind a Nes w/o cords for $2, because unlike the other systems, i don't have cords to test it, and a playstation one with two controllers (and possibly cords, i wasn't too interested and didn't give it a second look) for $5.

Also, i found a two Nes games at a yardsale on Wednesday (yep, my town has yardsales on Wednesday) that i didn't think were strong enough to post by them selves:

-Kirbys Adventure & Snake, Rattle, and Roll, cart only. Marked $3 each, offered and accepted $3 for both.

I found these in a box with two nes controllers and 5 other games: three sports, Kung-fu, and a simpsons one. It was marked $3 each, so i offered $10 for all. He countered $15, which was more then i wanted to pay ($10 was actually the most i wanted to pay, so it probably wasn't a good price to start with.) I cherry picked these two and offered $3, which he accepted after a second. In retrospect, i probably should've CIF'ed $5 for the games and a controller, but I keep hoping i find a nes with controllers and cords at a yardsale. I haven't seen too many nes'es at yardsales this year.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']There are three Riddick movies?[/quote]

not exactly. the Dark Fury segment is an animated short (35min). i actually haven't seen any of the three, so i'm hoping to have some time this weekend to relax and watch.

Just an overpriced SNES with Starfox, DR Mario/Tetris, Super Mario World, crappy sports games, and Killer Instinct $85
Overpriced Genesis version 1 very dirty, with Sonic 1,2 and 3 $75

I walked away.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kube00']Just an overpriced SNES with Starfox, DR Mario/Tetris, Super Mario World, crappy sports games, and Killer Instinct $85
Overpriced Genesis version 1 very dirty, with Sonic 1,2 and 3 $75[/quote]

wait -- you bought those, or just saw them?

[quote name='allyourblood']this happens with game cases too. i recently bought Strikers 1945 and inside the case (along with Strikers) was Marvel vs. Capcom:

[/quote]

I bought a copy of Driver for PS1 teh other day and found Suikoden, Sonic Mega Collection+, DDR:MAX, and DDR:MAX2 all in the case!! Great Deal or what?

all I found today was a new mini-fridge for my game room for $15, tomorrow is my big day though so wish me luck.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Haha nice. He goes back and edits it right after you quote him so you look like an ass.[/quote]
troll harder :imwithst:

bread's done
Back