Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='darkslime']Luigi's Mansion is crap. I have a copy of it sitting around somewhere, and you can get hundreds of them for under $10 here.
I don't understand why pikmin 2 fetches such a high price either.
I think its because olimar was in SSBB, and playing that made people want to try out his original game.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Luigi's M blows. But Pikmin (1 and 2) are really great games. The value of P2 is due to scarcity.

[quote name='AquaHaute']- PC copy of FF7 (original, not the Eidos reprint), with manual, keyboard overlay, and strategy guide. Really nice condition. $5. Probably overpaid, but we can more than make that back reselling it on eBay.[/quote]Overpaid?? Considering that you can sell it for 10x to 20x that, I don't see how you could say that.

Speaking of FF7 PC, the Singapore imports that were on eBay for the longest time at around $30 new have now dried up and I regret not buying one for the collection :/

[quote name='cranguy']Overpaid?? Considering that you can sell it for 10x to 20x that, I don't see how you could say that.

Speaking of FF7 PC, the Singapore imports that were on eBay for the longest time at around $30 new have now dried up and I regret not buying one for the collection :/[/quote] How much do these go for?
There's a few copies of it at Bookman's (used store that I have lots of free credit to) for $10-15 I think.
I just never bought one because I have the PS1 version, but a few have been sitting there for a while.

[quote name='cranguy']Overpaid?? Considering that you can sell it for 10x to 20x that, I don't see how you could say that.[/QUOTE]
Good point, I just felt bad that we didn't even try talking it down. But yeah, last summer we got rid of my husband's PC copy of it, the re-release in the blue sleeve, with no manual or anything, and that went easily for $50. Given that this is more complete and in better shape, it should do at least as well if not better.

It was kinda funny, because we walked up to the sale, and the instant I saw it I grabbed it from behind a purse or something, before Aaron even saw it or had the chance to tell me to grab it.

Update:
Today I hit quite a few yard sales. A few had movies, a few had some PS1 & 2 games (although none that were worth a purchase on my limited budget). However, I did get some fairly good stuff.

First sale I hit which was the sale of the day I got:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2 (SNES) in box, no manual
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) in box, manual for Majora's Mask (which I laughed at)
Both were marked $5 a piece, I CIF'd $5, she bit.

A few sales later got:

Fargo
Schindler's List
Stephen King's It
The DVD's were $5 a piece, I didn't try bargaining because the girl who was running the garage sale was pretty smokin' hot and my CAG functions just melted down. I know, I'm weak, haha.

Later on I hit a sale with CD's going for $3 a piece. I picked up 4, CIF'd $4, got 'em. They were:

Evanescence: The Open Door
Finger Eleven: Finger Eleven
The Killer's: Sam's Town
Switchfoot: The Legend of Chin.

Overall, not spectacular, but I was pretty much not gonna do any better than that first buy, either.

[quote name='chimpster1313']
The DVD's were $5 a piece, I didn't try bargaining because the girl who was running the garage sale was pretty smokin' hot and my CAG functions just melted down. I know, I'm weak, haha.[/quote]

FAILURE

:lol::applause:

i know, i feel as if i have shamed the CAG community. but she had on shorts that came to the bottom of her a$$ AND it was raining so she was kinda wet. i never had a chance, haha.

[quote name='slowdive21']Slim pickins today...Saw some xbox sports games for $3 each, a N64 for $20 and a PSX for $20[/quote] They have sales on Thursday?

I hit two neighborhoods this morning. I only found magic pengel for $3.50.

I passed on a $5 broken ps2 since I already have a broken one. At the same sale, I passed on a gamegear since it had a broken battery cover and I have one already. I saw a psp for $100, but passed since I'm not willing to pay more than $50 for one at a garage sale. I also passed on a dreamcast and a saturn, since the lady didn't want to break up the bundles.

I don't find SNES stuff too often, so this wasn't too bad of a find.

dsc04583ir3.jpg

- SNES console with box, power adapter, and two controllers
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario Kart
- Super Mario All-Stars
- Donkey Kong Country
- Waialae Country Club
Total: $20

if you all really want me to waste a picture on my 50 cent ooze for the genny LMK because i will if it means that much to you.. heh

Got me Defcon 5 and Alien the Trilogy for PsOne for $3. They wanted $3 each, but I asked for half off. Got it.

Then a Ps2 slimline with God of War GH edition for $25, comes with one first party and one third party controller. All the hook-ups, works too.

Passed on a Dreamcast with a few sports games for $75. Dammit, I really need one but I can't find one for a decent price.

[quote name='PaddyTheChump']Gah, 70-90% chance of rain tomorrow! :([/quote]

i'd take a rainy day over yard sales any time, and i love yard salin'!

[quote name='Undrallio']Got me Defcon 5 and Alien the Trilogy for PsOne for $3. They wanted $3 each, but I asked for half off. Got it.

Then a Ps2 slimline with God of War GH edition for $25, comes with one first party and one third party controller. All the hook-ups, works too.

Passed on a Dreamcast with a few sports games for $75. Dammit, I really need one but I can't find one for a decent price.[/QUOTE]

haggle baby! you should have gotten that dream cast for 10 bucks.

[quote name='allyourblood']i'd take a rainy day over yard sales any time, and i love yard salin'![/quote]
I like rain, but I get tired of it sometimes.
I've only seen about 5 yardsales this year, so I'd love to get a nice day of yardsailing in.

[quote name='PaddyTheChump']I like rain, but I get tired of it sometimes.
I've only seen about 5 yardsales this year, so I'd love to get a nice day of yardsailing in.[/quote]

FIVE? ouch. okay, you're right. wow, five. that sucks.

I went to a garage sale after school, and found a VCR in good condition that works, but is missing the video cables for only 2 bucks. I already have the video cables at home, and I have been looking for a VCR for a while so I can watch The Wizard so it was definately worth it.

I hate Thursday sales! school kids and soccer moms hit them and grab all the games before i get off work!! :(.

I have to go to a wedding tomorrow, do you think it is a bad idea to hit sales on the way in a shit and tie?

I got a good pawn haul yesterday, they had
N64 MArio Party
N64 Smash Bros
N64 Mario Kart
SNES Mario Kart
all marked at 15 - 20 apiece

but they had a lot that some guy had just sold them and i grabbed those same 4 games out of the new un priced games and offered $25 the guy said they are woth more than that but It's a slow day!! SWEET!!!!

P.S. only a 10% chance of rain here tomorrow, it has been near 50% the last few weeks, I'm hoping for some great sales....to bad i have to be at a wedding at noon. :(

[quote name='Sinnbox']
I have to go to a wedding tomorrow, do you think it is a bad idea to hit sales on the way in a shit and tie?[/quote]
I think wearing a Shit would not be a very good idea...

Had a little tip from a birdie about a yard sale having some games.. so today I got there when they opened and got me a regular Xbox and 14 Games for $50.. the only negative to the purchase was the controller was a gamestop controller and not an Xbox one... oh well it was $50 :D

Here is the list of games: (all are complete and most in great disc condition)

Gun Valkyrie
Murakumo
Oddworld:Strangers Wrath
Phantom Dust
Xyanide
Advent Rising
Bloodrayne 2
Mercenairies
Breakdown
Deus Ex
Sudeki
Metal Gear Solid 2:Substance
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Burnout Revenge

Good day for volume. Not much on super deals . . . except one by mere happenstance. Very long, so I will put picture links up front this time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/2479561995/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/2479568707/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/2479565693/

First
N64 no video cables
2 first party controllers
Superman N64
$5

Second
NES
2 Controllers
Tecmo Bowl Complete
Rad Racer Complete
Karate Kid Complete
Volley Ball Complete
Golf Complete
Mke Tyson's Punchout Complete
Majjor League Baseball Dust Jacket
$10

Third, w/ a little story. Stopped at a sale and did the usual "do you have any video games/systems?" She jumped at the opportunity. Said she had a boxfull of Nintendo stuff, BUT it was out for her sale yesterday and it rained. Looked in the box and sure enough everything was damp, not soaked though. Said she wanted $10 each for the systems and $3 per game. Told her that since they were wet I would offer $10. She took it.

Complete NES in Box
NES only
Quick Star Wireless NES Remote
Double Dribble Complete
Rambo Complete
Ghosts and Goblins Complete
Xevious Complete
R.C. Pro-Am Complete
Super Mario Bros. Complete
Tetris Complete
Legend of Zelda Complete
Excite Bike w/ Dust Jacket
Wizards and Warriors Box Only
$10

Last Yard Sale Game Related Purchase
Boat Load of Almost Worthless Sega Genesis Stuff. Bought outside of my area of knowledge, and also all rentals.

Sega Genesis System, 2 Controllers, Hookups

Cart Only Games
NBA Action 94
NBA All-Star Challenge
The Flintsones
Chester Cheetah Too Cool To Fool
Jerry Glanville's Pigskin Footbrawl
Al Michaels Announces Hard Ball III
World Series Baseball 95
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
General Chaos
American Gladiators
James Bond 007 The Duel
Jurassic Park
Speedball 2
The Lion King
Cal Ripkin Jr. Baseball
Arch Rivals
Shinobi III
Beast Wrestler
Busby
Alien 3
Madden 94
Madden 97
Justice League Task Force
Sonic the Hedgehog
Spiderman/X-Men Arcade's Revenge
Spider-Man

W/Box & Some Instructions
Shanghai II Dragon's Eye
Crue Ball
World Series Baseball
Fatal Fury
Barkley: Shut Up And Jam
Sonic the Hedgehog
College Slam
Star Trek the Next Generation Echoes from the Past
Jungle Strike
Sports Talk Baseball
Universal Soldier
Dragon's Revenge
Blades of Vengeance
Spiderman Venom Maximum Carnage
Flashback The Quest for Identity
Sparkster
Lightening Force Quest for the Dark Star
Deadly Moves
Predator 2

My best find of the day, however, came from my locally owned video game store. I have been looking for this game for my daughter for quite some time. She is really enjoying the first game, and really wanted the now somewhat rare, and definitely expensive sequel.

Went into the store on a whim to see if they had the game. I had called a couple of weeks ago and they did, but they were wanting $50 for it. I figured I had enough crap in the car from my earlier finds that I could trade some stuff in and come up with the rest if needed.

I asked if they had it and he said they did and that they would have it cheaper than GameStop. I told him that it was going for $40 there, but GameCrazy had it for $15. I figured that it would be around the $40 range. I about crapped my pants when he said $12.99. SOLD, no manual and a marker on the front of the disc. What is this mystery game?

Pikmin 2
12.99 plus tax

My daughter just about had a N64 kid reaction. It made me feel good. She played until she fell asleep.

Miscellaneous Yard Sale Finds

3 Ralph Lauren Polo Long Sleeve Oxfords
$10

Brand New Simpsons Clue Game
$1

Sorry so long. Good luck today everyone.

Gah.
Woke up at 6, and surprise surprise, I'm still sick.
I'd love to go, but my parents are my only way of driving me, and they won't let me if I'm sick.
Oh well, I'm selling a n64 with 2 games for $50 tonight, I guess that makes me feel a bit better.

Nice hauls everyone. I'm dying to get a good snes haul.

Today was a bust for me. Hit more than double the sales I hit last week, and came up empty handed. The only things I saw were a couple of PS1 at 2 different sales. One was $5 with a couple of arcade sticks, and the other came in the orig. box for $25. I passed on both.

Here's to next week!

[quote name='willc23']What is this mystery game?

Pikmin 2[/quote]

Glad to see you finally found one!!

Went out at about 9am for a couple of street sales. Nothing but kids stuff mainly, but I managed to grab and N64 (no AV cables) with a couple of controllers. Pretty lame turn out, really.

I went biking, and not a single sale here.
That's because by 8:00 its so fucking hot out in the desert.
Looks like I won't be getting many sales til after summer. >.>

Went to the flea market and got parasite eve and the guide for $5. The game is complete and the guide is in decent shape. Not bad.

Quite a few sales and a few purchases today. Only spent about 1.5 hours saling (like usual, actually).

At the first sale, had a few crappy xbox games. Asked if they had others; she said yes but those are the only ones the kid wanted to get rid of. Stuff like fairly oddparents:(.

Next, went to a school that sponsored a bunch of people's sales. A lady was selling 3 xbox games at $5 a piece. I wanted all but o well, I'm not as brave as snotknocker. Offered 5 for hulk and mechassault. Skipped metal of honour. Next time I'll offer 5 for all three since she seemed to not care.

Next saw a big madcatz steering wheel accessory that worked for all the last gen systems. I play burnout a lot so figured what the heck. $50 orig tag still on, she wanted 10, I offered 5. Got for $5.

Last sale of the day, at 9:30, found a bunch of disney dvd's and some cd's. Dvd's marked $2.50 each. Offered $3 for 3 dvds and 2 cd's. Accepted. This deal actually made me reanalyze yard sale values. I always figured to offer a buck a piece, but when i have multiples, i can halve that.

Also, noticed a lot of sales advertise multifamily even when it was only 1 house with their friend over as someone to talk to. Found it highly annoying.

[quote name='allyourblood']when i saw his typo, i was nearly wearing one myself! hilarious.[/quote]

I ended up not wearing the shit, but i found a GBA that looked like it was wearing some.

so..today i found out that most people are harder to CIF if I am dressed in a shirt and tie, but i did manage to hit abotu 30 sales in teh towns on the way to my friend's wedding. the first town(my normal GS town) waas where i found all the games i got.

Sale 1:
Lady had 4 NES games and 1 N64 game,
I Cif'd $1 for
NES The Little Mermaid
N64 Clayfighter 63 1/2
She said no so i offered $2 and told her the games were realy dirty and she hesitantly said ok.

Sale 2:
had a NES with power pad zapper controller and a third party controller and 7 games for $15 CIF'd 5 settled on $10 t had 2 games i didn't yet own, plus it came with 2 old issues of Nintendo Power.

Sale 3:
was 8 miles out of my way but advertised a playstation. I decided to go on hopes i would find some rare PS1 games(they are plentiful around town) i got there and they had 3 PS2 games marked at $5 and a PS1 marked $15 I picked up Yana Caballisata: City skater and the skateboard controller CIf'd $2 got it for $3.

Sale 4:
Multiple Family sale said they had a huge box of "Old School stuff" tehy kept lokign all over for it only to find out that one lady had sold it yesterday.

Besides those game finds I only found Silenced by Jerry Jenkins at a sale to benefit the local Pro-Life pregnancy center.

The rest of the sales I stopped at had nothing, said "we sood those yesterday", or were terribly overpriced. one sale even had a kid that had bought abunch of the bargain games from the local game store and was doubling or tripling the price.

My last purchase was the Golden compas on DVD from the local Pawn Shop.

Went to a city yard sale and snagged:

Mario Party 7 (GC)
Mario Party 5 (GC)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
Mario Kart: Double Dash! (GC)
Mario Baseball (GC)

I got these all for $44. They were all priced individually at $54 total. The owners mom was there, but the kid selling them wasn't. I wanted to negotiate, but the mother was reluctant without her son's approval. In the interest of time I asked her to knock $2 off of each game, which she did. As I drove off, I saw the boy walking towards the house waving to his mom.

I also got a sack of 25 DVD's for $10. No real story here marked $1 each offered $10. It has Snatch and a couple other decent movies. I'll probably trade the rest to FYE or a local store towards GTA IV or something.

[quote name='thack']Went to a city yard sale and snagged:

Mario Party 7 (GC)
Mario Party 5 (GC)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
Mario Kart: Double Dash! (GC)
Mario Baseball (GC)[/quote]

that's a fun little package. i really like MK-DD and Mario Baseball. nice one!

Got rained out last week and after rain all day yesterday and seriously cloudy skies this morning I was'nt expecting much but ventured out anyway around 9:00 AM.

At 9:05 - my very first sale (a multifamily)I scored this

1001522hx7.jpg

1001521ys8.jpg

SNES w/ hookups & 2 controllers
SMB3 guide
Yoshi's Isalnd guide
Super Mario all stars - complete
Super Mario World 2 - complete
Super Mario RPG - complete (not shown)
Kirby 3 - complete
Monopoly - complete
DKC2 - complete
DKC w/book
Super Mario Kart -cart only
Ms. pac man - cart only
Dreamcast in box / controllers / hookups + 5 games (quake arena 3 + sports)
PC gamepad
TOTAL: $15

I pulled up and saw a milk crate under a table with the SNES stuff. (NEWBS - Follow the thought process here, a good example on how to make a great deal) Seeing this under the table and not proudly displayed on top of the table my first instinct is that the seller does not put much value on this stuff. As I'm looking through the crate the lady says you can have the whole crate for er... $40. As she gives me the price the tone of her voice and stutter on the price suggests she has no idea of the value of the items. I immediately turn around and CIF her $10 saying I'll give you $10 for it , she looks at the cash and comes back with how obout $20. (I now have control of the sale because she's asking me and not telling me, and by the look on her face and her eyes on the money, I know I'm getting this for $10). So I respond to her offer with "If you take the $10 you won't have to carry this crate back into the house at the end of the day, and besides that's really all I can spend right now" This type of response is a kind of reverse psychology that suggests to the seller that I might be the only person that comes along with an interest in this stuff" She smiles shakes her head yes and takes my $10. As I'm about to snatch my goodies I notice the DC box at the far end of the sale and I ask her how much and she points to another lady saying it belongs to her. I check out the goods and see the QA3 in the box which I never played so I CIF $3 and this lady comes back with a $5 counter but she comes back with a firm "no $5" while looking me dead in the eye. The tone of her voice suggests she will stick firm to the $5 asking price. So I abandon another counter and pay her the $5. But the very best part of this deal is I sold the Mario RPG to a guy that frequently buys games from me for $50 before I even came home

So after this I drive around another 1.5 hours and find nothing untill I hit a sale with a bunch of PS2 games and managed to score a long awaited complete copy of FF2 for $3 CIF

1001524th1.jpg

Also to you CAG's new to yard sailing always remember when someone comes with a high price it does not mean you should give up - always -always - haggle. I had another score on a NES and games a couple of weeks ago and that lady wanted $40 and I got her to take $10, these things have a way of repeating themselves and if you don't try to be a little bold and make the deal you'll ultimately find your good scores being few and far between.

Another long day at the races. 2 neighborhood sales and a few singles. Not too bad of a day. Wife is out of town, so I had to get the two kids up at 6 a.m. Daughter wasn't too happy about it, but she usually likes to hit the yard sales. Plus, she had a soccer game at 9, so she would've had to get up soon anyway.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/2480579795/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/2481390346/

N64 Games
Madden 2001
NHL 99
Waialae Country Club
NFL Club 99
Hey You Pikachu
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Donky Kong 64
Mario Kart 64
Cruisin USA x2
Wave Race 64
$3

SNES System Complete
Super Mario Kart SNES
$5

Jacket of Loose PS1 & PS2 Games (No Cases)
WWF War Zone (PS1)
Jet Moto 2 (PS1)
Crash Bandicoot Warped (PS1) x2
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX (PS1)
Rugrats Search for Reptar (PS1)
Ninja Shadow of Darkness (PS1)
Croc Legend of the Gobbos (PS1)
A Bug's Life (PS1)
Auto Destruct (PS1)
Mission: Impossible (PS1)
Ten Pin Alley (PS1)
007 The World is not Enough (PS1)
Reel Fishing (PS1)
Big Air (PS1)
Blaster Master: Blasting Again (PS1)
Spyro the Dragon (PS1)
Spyro Year of the Dragon (PS1)
Road & Track The Need for Speed (PS1)
Need for Speed II (PS1)
Crash Bash (PS1)
Tomb Raider (PS1)
CTR Crash Team Racing (PS1)
T.R.AG. Mission of Mercy (PS1)
Rayman (PS1)
Rayman 2 The Great Escape (PS1)

PS2 Games
NCAA Football 2004
NBA 2K5
Ford Racing 2
NCAA Football 2008
Warriors of Might & Magic
Super Trucks Racing
Dynasty Warriors 4
ATV Offroad Fury 3
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Splenter Cell
Enter the Matrix
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Mission Impossible Operation Surma
JAK II
Sly Cooper and the Thieves Racoonus
Spyro Enter the Dragonfly
TY the Tasmanian Tiger
NBA Street
Crazy Taxi
The Getaway
Need for Speed Underground 2
X Squad
Ghost Recon
Queen Greatest Hits CD
$5

NES Games
Dragon Warrior
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
$2

NES & SNES Games
Golf (NES)
Jack Nicklaus Golf (NES)
T&C Surf Designs (NES)
Track & Field (NES)
Monopoly (SNES)
Clue (SNES)
Jeopardy (SNES)
Baseball Simulator 1.000 (SNES)
Space Invaders (SNES)
NCAA Football (SNES)
Bulls vs. Blazers (SNES)
Wheel of Fortune (SNES)
$5

NES Zapper
NES Controller
Bloody Roar (PS1)
Nirvana Heart Shaped Box CD Single
Several NES Owner's Manuals
2 NES Dust Jackets
$1

A good volume weekend. May have more coming, as I left phone numbers at several houses. Will update if needed.

OK, so you're telling me someone sold you all of those PS1 & PS2 games and a Queen Greatest Hits CD for only $5? Damn, they must've needed the $$$$ BADLY, cause they could've got the same amount from Gamestop for them or maybe a bit more(I doubt it though, since most are craptacular games).

Mind you, they'd have been SOL on the PS1 games, but hell, I'd rather use my games as frisbees than give them away for a low price. Maybe that's just me though.

Good job either way.

[quote name='willc23']
Jacket of Loose PS1 & PS2 Games (No Cases)
[/quote]

50 games for $5 - that's amazing - how'd you pull that one off?

I went to sales around 10:30, not expecting to get anything. i got:

DBZ betrayal VHS
DBZ trouble! VHS
Xenosaga preorder DVD (someone tell me if this is worth anything)
bootleg batman begins
$1 total. I really only wanted the xenosaga DVD, but the other stuff was on the table so I was like what the hell and asked him to throw it in.

NIB 1st party PS2 controller
$3 total
My 2 player controller crapped out a few months ago, and all my friends have had to play with the uncomfortable DQ slime controller, and this one was new for $3. ^_^

[quote name='snotknocker']50 games for $5 - that's amazing - how'd you pull that one off?[/quote] I bet 98% of those games are scratched to shit and don't work.
Even if they don't work you can still trade them to GS and get enough for a $20 game in store credit.

Well finally got to go out looking for sales for the first time this summer. Nothing great, but I'm happy with what I got.

One sale:

PS2:
Resident Evil 4 Non-GH Complete
Devil May Cry 2 Non-GH Complete
Metal Gear Solid 2 Non-GH missing manual
Multitap
$6

Another sale:

N64 with cords and a controller
$8

This guy had tons of video game stuff, so much that it was pretty much his entire garage sale. I talked him down from $15 to $8 on the N64, though I would have liked to get one with games, but I got a good 20 or so games for $10 at an earlier sale so I'm happy. It was strange because he had a cart-only Pokemon Snap that he was selling for $50.

Another sale:
Sega Genesis with one three button controller and the cords
NES controller
$1

Yay.

[quote name='ddrisgood137']Well finally got to go out looking for sales for the first time this summer. Nothing great, but I'm happy with what I got.

One sale:

PS2:
Resident Evil 4 Non-GH Complete
Devil May Cry 2 Non-GH Complete
Metal Gear Solid 2 Non-GH missing manual
Multitap
$6

Another sale:

N64 with cords and a controller
$8

This guy had tons of video game stuff, so much that it was pretty much his entire garage sale. I talked him down from $15 to $8 on the N64, though I would have liked to get one with games, but I got a good 20 or so games for $10 at an earlier sale so I'm happy. It was strange because he had a cart-only Pokemon Snap that he was selling for $50.

Another sale:
Sega Genesis with one three button controller and the cords
NES controller
$1

Yay.[/quote]

What were the N64 games you got?

bread's done
Back