Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='pitfallharry219']These were fairly popular back in the late 80s. They had all kinds of designs and patterns on them, not just characters. I know for sure they had a WWF one.[/QUOTE]

I'm only guessing but I'm thinking they probably had a few for the WWF. I know I saw one at a yardsale that had the Rockers on it back in June and if they made one for them it's hard to imagine them not having one for the Hulkster :D

Wow nice find with the $35 bundle, Fonewearl. Oh and on that Game Cube! The cheapest Game Cube I"ve seen at a yard sale is $15 and that was a used blue one with no controllers/hookups (which I passed on). Congrads!

[quote name='FOnewearl']I'm only guessing but I'm thinking they probably had a few for the WWF. I know I saw one at a yardsale that had the Rockers on it back in June and if they made one for them it's hard to imagine them not having one for the Hulkster :D[/QUOTE]

I only remember ever seeing one. It had the Rockers on it, and Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior as well. They had five sides to work with, so two more people were on there.

[quote name='FOnewearl']

Black GameCube System (Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition Bundle) New And Sealed - $20

This was just put out as I was looking around, I figured it was just a boxed system but picked it up and looked at it and the lady mentioned how she got it for her husband for Christmas one year and he never opened it. Was asking $30 and I said I was thinking more like $10 and asked about meeting me in the middle which she agreed on.
[/QUOTE]

Nice find.

I love how absolutely random the whole rummage experience can be. Someone probably was looking for games just before she put this out. Maybe a CAGer asked about games 30 min. earlier and she said "sorry" but then started thinking about that GC taking up space in the cabinet. On the flipside, just think of the things that we miss out on because someone beat us to it :whistle2:(

As the season ends (its a long break here in Wisconsin) I'm going to miss the hunt

[quote name='schultzed']Saturday's take

Not much doing . . . I was only out for 2 hours.

Paid $1 for

090509KH2.jpg

No instructions and the disc is scratched. I'll probably polish it on my Simo and sell my complete and nicer copy. I don't mind trading down.

090509N64.jpg

50 cents . . . the power adapter makes this a deal. I have some controllers and the AV cord is easier to replace.

090509junk.jpg

I asked about games at a sale where a guy was setting up and he dragged out this milkcrate full of ugly carts (damp with dew). I took a look at it and offered $5 . . . and he agreed. They'll need some cleaning. 30 games and hardly worth the $5. There is a GBA in it and its so fucked up that it is trash.[/QUOTE]

If you have a tri-wing screwdriver you can easily excise the button pads, buttons and any other salvagable parts from it, which are useful for repairing other systems, if you buy a lot of stuff from yard sales extra parts come in handy. If you don't have a tri-wing then you can get one for like a buck from dealextreme. That looks like a decent lot of NES games again, if you have the tools to open them all they will come clean. I would pay 5$ for that no questions asked.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I only remember ever seeing one. It had the Rockers on it, and Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior as well. They had five sides to work with, so two more people were on there.[/QUOTE]

I was probaby wrong and would guess that's the one I saw only noticing the Rockers on it. I couldn't find a picture of it online but I'm guessing as your explaining it that one of the sides had the Big Boss Man on it lol

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']Wow nice find with the $35 bundle, Fonewearl. Oh and on that Game Cube! The cheapest Game Cube I"ve seen at a yard sale is $15 and that was a used blue one with no controllers/hookups (which I passed on). Congrads![/QUOTE]

Thanks I usually see high priced last gen systems myself. This is the first year I've been able to find any last gen systems (this gen) dirt cheap.

[quote name='schultzed']Nice find.

I love how absolutely random the whole rummage experience can be.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I hear what your saying about the randomness of some of the video game stuff you run into at yardsales. I have seen video game stuff I passed on at yardsales on eBay and have also ran into a few faces in the wild some that I know will take a chance on buying video games for resale if they are dirt cheap but don't really know video games like a gamer would. The funniest one would be an old lady that over heard me asking fro video games and started doing the same but from what I understand she mostly wants GameBoyish type stuff for the grand kids. She did snag a DKC 3 for the GBA from right under me last year that I didn't notice and got it for .50 lol

"Legend of Zelda Collectors edition" promotional disc for the gamecube. This one a good seller, as in, still selling high? Might have stumbled across something I'll let all of you know in a few days.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']"Legend of Zelda Collectors edition" promotional disc for the gamecube. This one a good seller, as in, still selling high? Might have stumbled across something I'll let all of you know in a few days.[/QUOTE]
If you're able to get it for a good price, it makes for excellent flipping material.

If any of you hardcore yardsalers want to keep a eye out for "Thomas the Train" items I could buy whatever you pick-up. I am only looking for the character trains and other character vehicles. I dont care if they are the wooden or the die-cast versions, but would like them in good condition. I could pay up to $2.00 an item plus shipping depending on the piece and would like to buy in bigger lots like 5 plus items at a time. I dont know how often you guys run into these items and how much most people charge for them but if this is a dumb idea just let me know and I will delete my post.

Thanks,
ajh2298

Back in my day, "Thomas The Train" was called "Thomas The Tank Engine" and his show had segments featuring Ringo Starr of the Beatles and the late, great George Carlin. Growing up in the 90's was awesome. Thomas, Animaniacs, Pinky & The Brain, Sailor Moon, Power Rangers...*Continues on for 20 more shows*

yeah I used to watch that show all the time on PBS in the early 90's. Ringo starr was one of the voices, I think the conducter.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I see that stuff on CL all the time, just check the toys & games section every now and then.[/QUOTE]

Problem with that is most times the craiglist lots include the track pieces and even sometimes the whole train table which we dont need.

I kinda dragged my feet in posting this past weekend's stuff, but here it is:

Nintendo Virtual Boy Controller, $1

PSP Silent Hill Origins, $3

PSX Incredible Crisis
PS2 La Pucelle Tactics, $8 for both

DVD The Incredible Hulk: The Complete First Season
DVD Night of the Living Dead (1990), $4 for both

digiworld2tn.jpg

PSX Digimon World 2, $2

XB Crimson Skies (includes unused 2 month Live card), $3

Nintendo GBA SP carrying case
GC Wavebird controller (no receiver), $1 for both

PS2 ICO (missing manual), $2

PS2 Network Adapter, $2

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl strategy guide
Super Paper Mario strategy guide, $1 for both

XB Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (x2)
XB Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy, $7 for all

Nintendo Super Nintendo console, 2 controllers, RFU, AC adapter
SNES Super Mario Kart, $6 for all

GEN World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
SNES The Addams Family
SNES Super Scope 6
SNES The Adventures of Dr. Franken
SNES Demon's Crest
GEN Zombies Ate My Neighbors
N64 Jumper Pak, $3.50 for all

XB Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - The Sith Lords (disc only), $1

Game Boy Advance Action Replay, $2

The person selling the VB controller didn't know where the rest of the system was, and that was a massive disappointment. Oh well, at least I have a controller in case I find a system without one someday.

I think my favorite finds were Silent Hill Origins, Night of the Living Dead, and Demon's Crest for SNES (been wanting this one for a long time!).

Also, I have no idea why, but these Star Wars games are just absolutely coming out at me from all sides.

[quote name='phoenix529']Yeah the price is pretty variable on it, but it's almost always high. You won't get less than $25, but you won't get higher than $50.[/QUOTE]

OT but anyway I found somewhere that is selling complete copies of it for around 7-$8 total, and, let's just say, it's a place right under all of ours noses that we'd least expect. I'll let everyone know how it turns out in a few days. You guys who are interested pm me and i'll tell you but wait a few days first. Checked ebay and it's getting between 30-40 especially complete copies.

Flea market a few blocks from my house this weekend. I'll let you know if I find any video games... my luck hasn't been good lately with finding any. There are also some sales listed in the paper / Craigslist but none look promising. They do list "games" which could go either way...let's hope!

I hit up a yardsale today, not much. I snagged a Marlboro sleeping bag to sell to my sister, guy said he never used it, and an unopened three pack of Wheaties golf balls for my friend.

I was going through his VHS and found a crate of x-rated movies. Always nice. :)

I'm heading to another in a few minutes and then off to a thrift store. Hopefully I find some better stuff.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']"Legend of Zelda Collectors edition" promotional disc for the gamecube. This one a good seller, as in, still selling high? Might have stumbled across something I'll let all of you know in a few days.[/QUOTE]

I was excited when I saw one at a sale but the woman would budge from $25 (without manual) so I passed on it.

Do you guys go around the place you will be yard-sailing in in advance to look for signs so you can plan out your route? I'm thinking about doing that tomorrow (since there are rarely Friday sales anyway). Only a few people in my town advertise on Craigslist, which is bad for me I guess - but it means they are not technology-wizzes so don't know about eBay maybe? Plus when I had my yard sale I advertised video games and barely anyone came to look at them so I guess I don't have much competition! :D PS yeah what ARE those games??!! Already 3 people are asking, so they must be fairly rare...

theres a few sales tomorrow and saturday that are actually advertising games (i never see that here), so i'll probably wake up early and head out. also a few sales advertising LPs, so i'll check those out too. good luck to everyone this weekend.

Scratch that question I asked before; I just went out to look. I only saw 2 signs for sales, and I had already known about both (from the newspaper). I didn't know people put up signs so near to the sale date!

hi i was wondering you could give them to me for free because we are pour and i need somethings for my son its alright if you say no though.

thank you from devan

Actually, what I do is make an Excel spreadsheet of all the promising CL sales the night before, program into Microsoft Streets 2007, and tell it to Optimize the routes. Then I print the sales off in the new order, and use my GPS to find every single one of them, stopping at all random signs along the way.

Oh, and a fourth "what the hell are those games?" post.

To the guys asking about my latest find: They are games for the Playtime Light Games "console" primarily sold in Australia, I believe. Here's a photo of the Danish variant sold as "Lysspil" by the company KE Leg.

1znpk7q.jpg

It's basically a "projector" powered by a flashlight bulb and 4 D type batteries that beam the image on the game carts onto your wall giving you a big ass G&W type game :D
For more info check out the excellent Mini Arcade site.

After finding the console two years ago (if my memory serves me right) I haven't been able to dig up a whole lot of information about it let alone any games. Yet, last night after work I decided to check out an SA-type store to kill some time and there they were! :bouncy:

well today was a waste. went out about 10 miles out of a town for a sale that specifically advertised games, got there, and the one road that lead to where i needed to be was blocked off because it was being repaved. sweet. went to a few other sales, but nothing.

Check out this story:

Today my wife and I (OK mostly my wife) planned on heading to the Wisconsin Humane Society to adopt a dog. So, I only had one hour this morning but I stopped at about 10 sales and I did pick up a few textbooks (should be nice flips).

At one sale, I asked about games (because I wasn't seeing anything at any sale). The woman running the sale moves over toward a plastic storage thing and I could see cords within. Cool.

It was a Gamecube with hookups, controllers and a few games. I immediately said how about $10 for it? I flipped through the 4-5 games . . . Tony Hawk, a Winnie-the-Pooh, Persia Warrior Within (nothing special and I got the feeling they'd be pretty scratched up) . . . and the system was pretty dirty. The woman said $15. I'm thinking alright . . . I'll hold to $10 for a min. and meet at $13 or something. I said "who knows if it will even work anymore." Without saying another word, she picks up her phone and says "I'll check with my son." Then I knew that things were out of my control.

I'm hoping she can't reach him and on second glance I finally see that one of the controllers is a Wavebird and the receiver is with it . . . I say "$15 would be alright" but she reaches her son and finds out that its not for sale.

So part of me feels its fine (nobody beat me out on it) . . . but the rest of me wants to shout out a few Shaq-fu choruses. This was my only shot at gaming stuff today.

On the positive side, we found a really nice Golden Retriever mix puppy (female about 4-5 months) who seems like a very calm and smart dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit 5 sales today, got lucky at one of them:

wanted $3 per game offered $8 for everything. Rogue spear is still sealed in case anyone was wondering why I bought that one!

On a side note I did get a huge $$$ comic book find today. About $500 in silverage comics for $36.

Damn, I've been looking forward to garage-sailing for this whole week. And now they tell me rain is expected tomorrow? I'll still hit the indoor flea market though.

I hit 10 sales today. No gaming finds, but it was the wife's first time ever, and she finally got excited about sailing when she found tons of baby stuff for my brother's expected daughter. Did find a couple of movies though and random CDs though. Interesting thing is it was pouring rain and all the sales stayed open. They just pulled their stuff into the garage.

I found a Sony Ericsson that kinda twists open, but it was nearly broken in half. It was .50 and the guy said it works perfectly except that it's broken like that. Thought about buying it for the wife cause she lost her phone and is using a go phone. Anybody got ideas how to fix it?

Oh, and 4 more sales for tomorrow. Here's hoping.

EDIT: PS I got 33 freakin movies today, mostly fairly recent releases, for around $40!!

The only sale open was the indoor flea market, so here are my video game finds from that:

Game Boy / Advance:

Pokemon Leaf Green
Zelda Link's Awakening
Super Mario Land

TOTAL: $2.00

Game Boy Advance case

TOTAL: $0.50

I also saw a few REALLY overpriced video games. To name a few, a Spongebob PS2 game for $15.00, a Game Boy case for $5.00, a DS game for $25.00. The guy a bought the GB games from was a kid. I asked how much for the Pokemon one and he said "I dunno, a dollar?" I agreed and then said how about $2.00 for these 3. He agreed. He had a few other GB games but they were all crap, such as Pokemon Pinball and some BMX game. I would take pics but my camera is out of charge and I can't find the charger. I also got a few autographed baseball cards, a stapler, a brand new alarm clock ($3), a brand new flashlight/radio ($3), and a little paperclip/thumbtacks kit brand new ($1). Total I spent $17.

Man, I didn't find nothin today. I have some almost stories though, both at the flea market.

Could've got FFVII GH (disc only) for $2 but she couldn't find the other disc, we looked.

Thought about getting a white GBA with the shell light, but I was looking to keep and would rather have a SP. There was also a lady with $10 sports games and $5 junk snes ones.

Good finds today!

2v941hc.jpg

First sale had several PS2 & Gamecube games at $10 each, and some PS1 games at $4 each. Bleh. There were actually some ok games but the prices were too much. I got We Love Katamari cause my brother was not pleased when I traded my old copy. Anyway, cherry picked and paid $25 for:
Tomba! (PS1 - no manual)
Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return (PS1, complete)
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (PS1, complete)
Crash 2: Wrath of Cortex (PS1, complete, holographic cover)
Parappa The Rapper (PS1, complete)
We Love Katamari (PS2, complete)

My second Tomba 2 this year, but this one has the manual. Nice! Next I grabbed the Spider-Man 3 DVD set, it's a limited edition with a bonus disc and a guide book.

Spider Man 3 Wal-Mart Exclusive LE DVD - $5 (sealed)

Next sale was sort of a community sale/fundraiser. I saw an NES Advantage box and my eyes lit up, but it was just full of Atari 2600 games. I got them and the box for $5.

Atari 2600 games:
Pac-Man
Pitfall!
Q-Bert
Haunted House
Freeway
Homerun
Donkey Kong
Frogger
Burgertime (weird cartridge, lol)
Asteroids

And finally, at the last sale, the guy had some pretty cool stuff.
Pokemon Yellow Version CIB - $.50 (also had a Super Scrabble cart inside)
Blood (PC) CIB - $.50
Genesis Arcade Power Stick - $1

NES Console - loose - 1$ Don't see these around here much so I am happy. Oddly it was found on a VERY busy street at around 12noon.

3 copies of dragon warrior NES - 1$, at a different house but very odd to see 3 of the same game at one house. i wasn't gonna pass on them because they were really cheap.

Atari 2600 1$ for all

Pac man
Asteroids
Pole Position II (7800)
championship soccer
night driver
tennis
football

1 2600 controller and 1 7800 controller 25 cents each

Not a whole lot today, just a few games. Not enough to justify a picture.

Oddworld Abe's Exodus (PS1) - $1.00
Starfox Assault (GC) - $3.00
Wreckless The Yakuza Missions (GC) - $3.00
Resident Evil 4 Preview Disc - $1.00

My finds for the day were ok at best, the worst thing was that I had to drive to my old town to get the megeman games, so about 1 hour on the road, but it was worth it!!

Here is a link to a video of my finds..

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSinnbox

Does anyone know how to put the video in my post?

Thanks

[quote name='Sinnbox']Thanks, I about crapped when I saw them there!![/QUOTE]

Awesome score on those Mega Man games, for sure! Congratulations. That's one of those once-in-a-blue-moon-but-pretty-much-never type of situations.

[quote name='Sinnbox']My finds for the day were ok at best, the worst thing was that I had to drive to my old town to get the megeman games, so about 1 hour on the road, but it was worth it!!

Here is a link to a video of my finds..

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSinnbox

Does anyone know how to put the video in my post?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Wow, that was a pretty cool find, and the price was very good for a store. I'd say its right up there with yard sale pricing. Any video game store around here would probably want $50 each for them so a video game store with boxed games for $4-6 a piece is pretty darn good.

[quote name='SaraAB']Wow, that was a pretty cool find, and the price was very good for a store. I'd say its right up there with yard sale pricing. Any video game store around here would probably want $50 each for them so a video game store with boxed games for $4-6 a piece is pretty darn good.[/QUOTE]

It's not realy a video game store, More like a flea market, they sell anything and everything, mostly over priced.

[quote name='dodgeme']Not a whole lot today, just a few games. Not enough to justify a picture.

Oddworld Abe's Exodus (PS1) - $1.00
Starfox Assault (GC) - $3.00
Wreckless The Yakuza Missions (GC) - $3.00
Resident Evil 4 Preview Disc - $1.00[/QUOTE]

Nice find on the RE4 Demo Disc

bread's done
Back