Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='MikeJett86']I clicked on the links at the top of the thread and it just directed me to the main CAG page .... sorry for asking a question that has a resource to answer it ... anyone have a link that works?

thanks![/QUOTE]

Wow that is really weird, as the link directs me right to the wiki thread I am talking about.

[quote name='MikeJett86']I clicked on the links at the top of the thread and it just directed me to the main CAG page .... sorry for asking a question that has a resource to answer it ... anyone have a link that works?

thanks![/QUOTE]

Link works fine for me. Try right clicking it, then copy and paste into your browser's address bar.

this is 'effing weird ... I've tried firefox, Safari, Safari Running as IE 6 ..... all go right back to the CAG homepage, yes the address shows up as "http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Yard_sale_guide" .... i'll try on my netbook later ... maybe for some reason it's a mac thing ....

edit: Okay, got to it through Google Cache, I'll stop bugging everyone now. :)

thanks!

1.5tb Samsung HDD - $30
WoW Burning Crusade and Lich King collectors editions - $10
Netgear 48 port FS750T2 switch, Netblocker, backpack, 2 ethernet blocks, MS Wireless Optical Keyboard & Mouse - $30
Super Monkey Ball 2 - $5
Japanese NGPC game in Neo Cherry Master box - $5
Star Fox 64 and converter - $2
SSB, Tiggers Honey Hunt, Waverace 64 - $6
2 Intermec 9445 barcode scanners - $10
Virtual Fighter 3tb - $5

finds011710.jpg

Picked up a Neo Geo Pocket Color that came with Bust a Move for 80 cents. Unfortunately, it's not powering on...changed new batteries and the internal battery. Is it just dead?

[quote name='donut']Ok, op if you are going to keep the thread this year.
Fix the links (wiki) or just paste the basic info ... basic questions like this will be answered and stop.[/QUOTE]
No they won't. There will be several more people who won't take the time to read the OP.

[quote name='chronoserge456']Picked up a Neo Geo Pocket Color that came with Bust a Move for 80 cents. Unfortunately, it's not powering on...changed new batteries and the internal battery. Is it just dead?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it to me. I have one that's the same way. Should you decide to part with it, send me a PM. I'd like to buy it for parts and see if I can cobble the two together into one working unit.

The Wii I just bought was making a little noise and that had me concerned. I grabbed my philips and tri-wing and went to work. Guess what I found...

wiiproblem.jpg

No more odd noises, and she still runs great. So...

Nintendo Wii console with vertical stand (no cables but tested and working)
Wii Sports, $39.25 for both

Yard sale Bing Cashback!!!

I've never had an overly amazing deal like most of you but occasionally I find a few things. I am very excited this year.... though I hope the sales don't sale their used games more than the stores sell it for new:bomb:.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I just laugh a bit and walk away when they are overpriced and won't budge.[/QUOTE] Thank you for letting us know.

[quote name='allyourblood']The Wii I just bought was making a little noise and that had me concerned. I grabbed my philips and tri-wing and went to work. Guess what I found...

wiiproblem.jpg

No more odd noises, and she still runs great. So...

Nintendo Wii console with vertical stand (no cables but tested and working)
Wii Sports, $39.25 for both

Yard sale Bing Cashback!!![/QUOTE]

LOL, reminds me of when I was on the geeksquad and opened up a non working dvd player to find a few toy cookies and fake coins.

FYI you can get the sensor bar/power adapter from Nintendo's part service for pretty cheap. I'd just go thru monoprice for the cable though.

Code:
http://img9.imageshack.us/i/81532534.jpg/
http://img13.imageshack.us/i/74147407.jpg/

10$ Each from some 28 year old girl =/

Dragon Warrior III - Mint! Not a thing wrong with it and everything in there including map! The box literally shows no wear and feels like its never even been opened. Has a little crease on the manual.

Legend of Zelda - Near mint box (a little wear) but cartridge in perfect condition. Another complete ^^. Another interesting thing, is that the box still has the original price tag on it. 69.99$. More expensive then a PS3 game.

[quote name='Myoga']
81532534.jpg

74147407.jpg
10$ Each from some 28 year old girl =/

Dragon Warrior III - Mint! Not a thing wrong with it and everything in there including map! The box literally shows no wear and feels like its never even been opened. Has a little crease on the manual.

Legend of Zelda - Near mint box (a little wear) but cartridge in perfect condition. Another complete ^^. Another interesting thing, is that the box still has the original price tag on it. 69.99$. More expensive then a PS3 game.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Neat find.

Okay, this past weekend's stuff. Actually, only Sunday because Saturday was still kinda rainy in the morning. As always, click the pics for bigness:

NES The Legend of Zelda (Classic Series, w/map but missing manual), $3

DS Scribblenauts (new & sealed, x2), $20 for both

PSX Beyblade
DC Sega Rally 2: Sega Rally Championship
DC Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
PS2 Namco Guncon, $3 for all

GG Astrix and the Great Rescue
GG Master Gear Converter (play SMS games on Game Gear)
SMS Hang On/Safari Hunt, $3 for all

SNES Battleclash
SNES The Blues Brothers
SNES Tetris & Dr. Mario
GB manuals: System, Bo Jackson, Paperboy, Yoshi's Cookie, $3 for all

Sega Genesis system w/2 controllers, RF & AC adapters
with 15 games:

Mortal Kombat, Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-mania, Tiny Toons: Buster's Hidden Treasure, Sonic the Hedgehog (NFR), Quackshot, Bonanza Brothers, Side Pocket, PGA Tour Golf, PGA Tour Golf II, James Pond: Underwater Agent, Aladdin (cart only), Greendog (cart only), Sports Talk Football '93 (cart only), SNES Donkey Kong Country 3 (complete), $12 for all

Favorite finds this week were the Master Gear Converter (always hoped I'd trip across one of these in my travels), and the two Dreamcast games, neither of which I had in my collection.

The Genesis was a good pick-up because there were five games that I didn't have yet (including the two PGA games), but I'm just about sick of picking up consoles. I think this is my eighth Genesis system in the last year alone. The guy selling was really cool, and we were good-naturedly haggling the price back and forth (we started at $25). I kept telling him I didn't want the system, and he kept insisting he wasn't letting the games go without it since the Genesis was taking up the most space (don't I know it!). We see-sawed on the price until I finally caved, saying I'd take the Genesis with the games for twelve bucks. I think he was happier to be rid of the system than I was to add another to the heap, but it was a funny little exchange and we both were pleased with the final price.

Scribblenauts came from the same yard sale where I bought 2 sealed copies of A Boy and His Blob (Wii) for the same price, $20, two or three weeks ago. The guy had the same weird mix of mostly budget titles with these two gems lying amongst them. Weird.

Lastly, picking up another grey Zelda cart was cool. Don't see these too often.

(and yes, it was a three dollar kind of day!)

Nice pickups dude. Seems like you find genesis's as much as I do. Last year alone I bought 4 of them with about 10 games each. And I probably passed on 5-6 more due to them being overpriced. I still can't get a model 1 that was made with the better sound processor in it.

[quote name='dodgeme']Nice pickups dude. Seems like you find genesis's as much as I do. Last year alone I bought 4 of them with about 10 games each. And I probably passed on 5-6 more due to them being overpriced. I still can't get a model 1 that was made with the better sound processor in it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

With the amount of Model 1's I've got, a few of them are almost bound to have it. I saw some discussion of this on another forum, but I skimmed over it and didn't really understand the differences. If I turn up an extra, I'll let you know; maybe we can work out a trade down the line.

From what I know it sounds as though any of the Model 1's that say High Definition Graphics also have a good sound chip.

Man this thread is freakin' blowing :hot: my mind. If I'm not careful I'm going to drool all over the screen.

Allyourblood, can I ask where you live? I'm in Vegas, so unless you live close to me I'd love knowing where your little slice of retro gaming nirvana is located. Also, do you ebay some of this stuff, or are you a hoarder (kinda like me ;).

Oh, and I don't even own a DS yet, but I know when I get one Scribblenauts will probably be in the top 3 of my first purchase list. I don't suppose you'd like to sell a copy in the next couple weeks?

Are Genesises (Genesi?) that common for you? I've never seen one at yard sales, but I acquired about 4 PlayStations and 5 N64s in my travels last year.

Genesis's are super common around here (seems that everyone bought into Sega's 90's advertising), unfortunately most of the ones I see only come with 2-3 common games and are priced at $20 and up, so I do not buy as I don't need more of them. If they were really cheap like $3 I would buy them. If you have a lot of surplus consoles and need to get rid of it the best way is to list in a big lot on ebay.

My model 2 genesis has a better picture than the model 1 I have, but I am sure my model 1 has the better sound processor in it.

In my area which is quite rural I find at least 7-8 genesises a year with about 10 games in each lot. I don't buy them all as most are overpriced in my mind but I generally buy about 3-4 of them for about 10 dollars each. I've amassed quite a genesis collection between me and my grandpa. I have about 50 games and I leave another 20-30 at my grandpas house and we have 5 Genesis systems between us both. Probably not more then 50 dollars invested in it all.

[quote name='dodgeme']In my area which is quite rural I find at least 7-8 genesises a year with about 10 games in each lot. I don't buy them all as most are overpriced in my mind but I generally buy about 3-4 of them for about 10 dollars each. I've amassed quite a genesis collection between me and my grandpa. I have about 50 games and I leave another 20-30 at my grandpas house and we have 5 Genesis systems between us both. Probably not more then 50 dollars invested in it all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this sounds like my area. Only for some reason, most people are getting rid of Genesis games with no system. Still, despite not owning a Genesis until '06, I've amassed over 60 games... never paying over $3 for a game.

It's weird, considering I grew up like 50 miles east and barely anyone owned a Genesis.

Last summer I passed on 6 genesis type 1 systems with no cords and a backpack full of games for $25.....the guy wanted all of it gone but I had no way to carry them all and the systems were all dusty and dirty and the games had ripped up labels, genesis stuff is always common over here, i don't mind picking up extra copies of the sonic games though :D

What I want is a Sega CD. I have yet to find one in the wild and the one I got recently off of a trade cheaply was corroded to heck and as I tried to fix it turns out one of the pins were broken off the chips on the board. Like I said, Sega Genesis's are common as heck but nobody around here dabbled into the add-ons. It took me 3 years to find my 32x in the wild.

There's a guy on my local CL right now selling 30 Genesis consoles for $300. For some reason everyone firesales their Sega stuff but cherishes their Nintendo stuff (and charges insane prices for it).

I want a sega CD too however, the only one I saw was in a lady's bin of console junk, she claimed it worked but I doubt it, since I know she had a store in the past, mind you this person is still trying to sell stuff, she wants it all gone because its taking up a lot of space in her garage but she doesn't want to budge on prices. It was only $5 and yes I probably should have taken a chance on it, but I don't think the odds are in my favor on this one. It was sitting in a plastic bin under a million things and I am sure the bin has been dropped and knocked around a lot, fine for a cartridge based system but not good for a CD based one.

5 bucks is worth the risk on the Sega CD. If it doesn't turn on then it will look like it was dunked in water like the one I got did once you take a look inside.

Seriously, for $5 it was worth taking a chance. Heck they go for 20 bucks broken, just for parts.

Oh, and weekend finds coming later, gotta take pictures.

I just got hired on full time at my workplace which means I will be forced to work saturdays from now on.. :( At least last year was a ghost of most normal years due to resellers poping up left and right...maybe Cragislist will be able to fill the hole left in my life from Garagesaleing going out o f my life.

finds013110.jpg

Pictured:
New Super Mario Bros Wii, PS3 Sixaxis and Wii Classic Controller - $45
Columns and Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf - $3

Not pictured:

Dreamcast w/ hookups and 2 controllers - $8
Cool Boarders 4 - $1
Sonic 2 and NBA Jam - Free from friend

Not gaming:

Samsung ML-1630 Laser Printer - $10 (Sweet printer for $10)

finds013110001.jpg

This weekend's gonna be hard for me to beat!
(click the pics for bigness)

NES Ice Hockey
PC Quake
TG-16 Legendary Axe, $3 for all

XB Star Wars Battlefront
XB Star Wars Battlefront II, $5 for both

GEN Virtua Racing, $2
GEN Game Genie, $1

GC Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, The Official Guide, 50¢

PSX Resident Evil 2, $1
DS Action Replay DS, 50¢
DS Pokemon Pearl Version (case and manual, no cart), $1

N64 Wipeout 64
SFC Dragon Ball Z 2, $3.50 for both

PSX Dance Dance Revolution, Dance Dance Revolution Konamix, Final Fantasy Anthology, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Xenogears, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy VIII, Grandia, Final Fantasy Origins, Diablo, 1998 Collector's CD vol. 1, Collector's CD (everything complete except FF:A - missing manual)
DC Shenmue (complete)
CD Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Original Soundtrack
$26 for all

All games found this weekend were complete save for Pokemon Pearl and Final Fantasy Anthology.

Hands-down, the best weekend of the year for me. The Playstation bunch was obviously an awesome score, but a few of those are dupes. My absolute favorite finds were Virtua Racing (yay, the big dopey SVP cartridge!), Legendary Axe, and the Zelda CE guide (now I have guides for both the CE and Ocarina of Time for Gamecube); also that CE guide doesn't look nearly that bad in real life -- the flash on my camera really brings out all the little flaws here and there. Lastly, I am a sucker for Super Famicom games, so the Dragon Ball game is a fun little addition to my collection.

I hope February is just as good!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LakersForLife82481']You guys live in rich neighborhoods huh? Yard sales in my area have JUNK clothes and other trash.[/QUOTE]

Not me; I live in an average neighborhood. And I've said it before, but my best stuff comes from the worst parts of town.

[quote name='allyourblood']Not me; I live in an average neighborhood. And I've said it before, but my best stuff comes from the worst parts of town.[/QUOTE]

Around my area I don't find has many old gems when it comes to video games at yardsales as allyourblood does but I can relate to finding good stuff in the worst parts of town.

In my area it's mostly the fact that I have less competition in the worst parts of town for example I showed up to a sale 10-15 minutes after it started and they still had (probably all of) the good video game stuff including Earthbound for a buck. SNES games could have been scooped by up any average yardsaler much faster in a popular yardsaling area just for the hell of it if they even think they still have that system around and not necessarily (sp?) because they know the values of certain games like a gamer could or what games where good and would still be fun to play today.

Most people have yardsales to get rid of the dreck and it's just a matter of going to so many sales with junk before you luck out and find something good amongst the crap. I'm sure I've said this before but if I haven't learned anything else from the finds thread it's that depending on were you live what/how much video game stuff you could expect to find on an average day yardsaling can vary depending on where you live.

No pic but Metal Gear Solid ( black label, discs only) and twisted metal 4 GH (disc only) $2, in terrible shape doubt they work.

We have an "outlet" mall here which tends to help stock the thrifts and yard sales with some pretty cool clothing, because people just have to have the brand names.

There are all kinds of other brand name stores around my area too, which again helps to stock the yard sales and thrifts with good stuff.

Note I put outlet mall in quotations because well, nothing at that mall is even close to being a bargain.

I am really glad that people pay $40 and up for jeans and then wear them once or twice so I can get them for a buck or 2 later on at their yard sale. Even though I live in a dirt poor area people spend on the clothing (even though by walking around town you would never know it). Almost every yard sale here has at least one table of clothing and almost every one has clothing that still has the tags on it. Last year I ran into this lady who had racks and racks of clothing set up, and about 30 pairs of hardly worn shoes and probably 40-50 pairs of jeans...

[quote name='allyourblood']This weekend's gonna be hard for me to beat![/QUOTE]

If Shenmue is one of your dupes, I'd probably take it off your hands.

Allyourblood, could you take a picture of the spine of Legendary Axe? I just want to know what a TG-16 spine looks like for when I'm looking through CDs.

I find the best shit in the really nice neighborhoods, contrary to everyone else. The middle class neighborhoods are generally where everyone yard sales, and may have good stuff but you have to be there before the mexicans in overstuffed trucks which means around 3 am.

all the trailer parks and crappy neighborhoods seem to sell off their stuff quickly, and dont' have anything older than last gen, and usually overpriced.

the best parts of town remain unpicked over other than by the old people who live there and have no interest in video games because it is far away from a highway and most people in Tucson who yard sale are from Nogales, Mexico, not Tucson.

Today's stuff:

SNES: (all complete) Super Caesar's Palace, Ken Griffey's MLB, Super Pinball, Super Game Boy, Ultima: The False Prophet; (with manuals) Kid Icarus, The Three Stooges, Dr. Mario, Super Mario Bros., Solomon's Key, Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Karnov; (without manuals) Friday the 13th, Legacy of the Wizard, Exodus Ultima, Yoshi, Pinball, Blades of Steel, Baseball, Wheel of Fortune, Championship Bowling (complete), PC Traitor's Gate (complete)
-- AND --
Genesis: (all complete) Sub Terrania, Desert Destruction, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ecco the Dolphin, Trampoline Terror!, Caesar's Palace, The Lion King, Madden 95, Columns, DJ Boy, Taz Mania; (missing manual) Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle; (cart only) Thunderforce III, NBA Jam, Sonic the Hedgehog 2; Sega Genesis cleaning kit, XBM demo disc (disc only), XB Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2X (disc only), $30 for all

DC San Francisco Rush 2049
DC Heavy Metal Geomatrix
DC AlienFront Online (disc only)
DC Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Volume 1
DC Star Wars Episode I: Racer, $10 for all

GC Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
GC Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest (disc only)
PSX Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories, $3.50 for all

SNES Zelda: A Link to the Past (complete, like new), $12

PSX Parasite Eve (complete, inserts have water damage)
JAG Iron Soldier (cart only), $5 for both

FAM Power-Joy PJ-008 (multicart)
NES Dance Aerobics
NES Wall Street Kid, $5 for all

XB Star Wars: Obi-Wan Strategy Guide
N64 007 GoldenEye Strategy Guide
GB Pokemon Silver/Gold Strategy Guide, $1.50 for all

NGPC King of Fighters R2 w/case, 50¢

NES (all cart only): Super Off-Road (x2), Spy Hunter (x2), Castlevania, Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Super Mario Bros. (x2), Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt (x2), Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Tecmo Bowl (x2), Ikari Warriors (x2), Paperboy (x2), Excitebike (x4!), Baseball Stars (x2), Rampage, Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet, Tetris, Silent Service, NES Play Action Football, The Black Bass, Tecmo Super Bowl, Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball, Fighting Golf, Golf, R.C. Pro-Am (x2), Rush'N Attack, Track & Field, Ninja Gaiden, Platoon, Operation Wolf, Megaman 2, Bionic Commando, Little League Baseball, Metroid, Jack Nicklaus... Golf, Double Dribble, Contra, Wheel of Fortune, Ghosts 'N Goblins, Super Dodge Ball, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, Top Gun, NARC, Commando, Championship Bowling, The ChessMaster, Tiger-Heli, RoadBlasters, RoboCop, Blaster Master, Double Dragon III, Ice Hockey, Double Dragon, WrestleMania, Baseball, The Legend of Zelda, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game; NES console with 2 controllers, AV & AC cables; XaviXPORT system with AV & AC cables, J-Mat and J-Mat cartridge (???!!!!); GB Super Mario Land, $45 for all

360 Gears of War 2 Strategy Guide Last Stand Edition with "Skorge" picture (??), 50¢

XB360: Army of TWO, Gears of War 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, The Orange Box, LEGO Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, official wireless controller, $30 for all

Atari 7800 console (system only; no games, controllers, or cables), 50¢

So yeah, it was a good day. Today was so good I'm not even sure I want to bother going back out tomorrow morning; I might just sleep in! My favorite finds from the bunch: DJ Boy, SNES Zelda (that sticker is on the shrinkwrap, which is completely intact except for the right-hand edge), NGPC KOFR2, and Iron Soldier for Jaguar. The NES lot was great, but a ton of these games are duplicates -- from my own collection, that is. I'm not sure why the guy had so many duplicates in the pile; I didn't ask. When I asked him the price he said he do $3 for each game, or $50 for the whole box. I tried to get him down to $40, but he wouldn't do it. We finally settled on $45, which was still a killer price, considering the NES came with a total of 68 games, 1 Game Boy game and that weird XaviX thing. I'm gonna have to look that up.

If anyone sees anything they like, I wear a medium, and I like Turbo Grafx stuff. ;)

[quote name='allyourblood']Today's stuff:

SNES: (all complete) Super Caesar's Palace, Ken Griffey's MLB, Super Pinball, Super Game Boy, Ultima: The False Prophet; (with manuals) Kid Icarus, The Three Stooges, Dr. Mario, Super Mario Bros., Solomon's Key, Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Karnov; (without manuals) Friday the 13th, Legacy of the Wizard, Exodus Ultima, Yoshi, Pinball, Blades of Steel, Baseball, Wheel of Fortune, Championship Bowling (complete), PC Traitor's Gate (complete)
-- AND --
Genesis: (all complete) Sub Terrania, Desert Destruction, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ecco the Dolphin, Trampoline Terror!, Caesar's Palace, The Lion King, Madden 95, Columns, DJ Boy, Taz Mania; (missing manual) Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle; (cart only) Thunderforce III, NBA Jam, Sonic the Hedgehog 2; Sega Genesis cleaning kit, XBM demo disc (disc only), XB Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2X (disc only), $30 for all

DC San Francisco Rush 2049
DC Heavy Metal Geomatrix
DC AlienFront Online (disc only)
DC Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Volume 1
DC Star Wars Episode I: Racer, $10 for all

GC Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
GC Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest (disc only)
PSX Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories, $3.50 for all

SNES Zelda: A Link to the Past (complete, like new), $12

PSX Parasite Eve (complete, inserts have water damage)
JAG Iron Soldier (cart only), $5 for both

FAM Power-Joy PJ-008 (multicart)
NES Dance Aerobics
NES Wall Street Kid, $5 for all

XB Star Wars: Obi-Wan Strategy Guide
N64 007 GoldenEye Strategy Guide
GB Pokemon Silver/Gold Strategy Guide, $1.50 for all

NGPC King of Fighters R2 w/case, 50¢

NES (all cart only): Super Off-Road (x2), Spy Hunter (x2), Castlevania, Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Super Mario Bros. (x2), Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt (x2), Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Tecmo Bowl (x2), Ikari Warriors (x2), Paperboy (x2), Excitebike (x4!), Baseball Stars (x2), Rampage, Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet, Tetris, Silent Service, NES Play Action Football, The Black Bass, Tecmo Super Bowl, Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball, Fighting Golf, Golf, R.C. Pro-Am (x2), Rush'N Attack, Track & Field, Ninja Gaiden, Platoon, Operation Wolf, Megaman 2, Bionic Commando, Little League Baseball, Metroid, Jack Nicklaus... Golf, Double Dribble, Contra, Wheel of Fortune, Ghosts 'N Goblins, Super Dodge Ball, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, Top Gun, NARC, Commando, Championship Bowling, The ChessMaster, Tiger-Heli, RoadBlasters, RoboCop, Blaster Master, Double Dragon III, Ice Hockey, Double Dragon, WrestleMania, Baseball, The Legend of Zelda, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game; NES console with 2 controllers, AV & AC cables; XaviXPORT system with AV & AC cables, J-Mat and J-Mat cartridge (???!!!!); GB Super Mario Land, $45 for all

360 Gears of War 2 Strategy Guide Last Stand Edition with "Skorge" picture (??), 50¢

XB360: Army of TWO, Gears of War 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, The Orange Box, LEGO Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, official wireless controller, $30 for all

Atari 7800 console (system only; no games, controllers, or cables), 50¢

So yeah, it was a good day. Today was so good I'm not even sure I want to bother going back out tomorrow morning; I might just sleep in! My favorite finds from the bunch: DJ Boy, SNES Zelda (that sticker is on the shrinkwrap, which is completely intact except for the right-hand edge), NGPC KOFR2, and Iron Soldier for Jaguar. The NES lot was great, but a ton of these games are duplicates -- from my own collection, that is. I'm not sure why the guy had so many duplicates in the pile; I didn't ask. When I asked him the price he said he do $3 for each game, or $50 for the whole box. I tried to get him down to $40, but he wouldn't do it. We finally settled on $45, which was still a killer price, considering the NES came with a total of 68 games, 1 Game Boy game and that weird XaviX thing. I'm gonna have to look that up.

If anyone sees anything they like, I wear a medium, and I like Turbo Grafx stuff. ;)[/QUOTE]

Again, you never cease to amaze me haha.

I did pick up a TurboGrafx today. I'll shoot you a PM.

I passed up on an Intellivision II with about 15 games and the intellivoice module at the salvation army today. It was only 15 dollars but I really didn't want to spend that I really don't want to go that old. It was still cool to see as I have never seen an intellivision in the wild.

[quote name='dodgeme']I passed up on an Intellivision II with about 15 games and the intellivoice module at the salvation army today. It was only 15 dollars but I really didn't want to spend that I really don't want to go that old. It was still cool to see as I have never seen an intellivision in the wild.[/QUOTE]

You could always go get it and flip it. The system alone goes for 40-50's.

bread's done
Back