Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

Chances are it is gone by now. I know it is worth a decent chunk but I have never had much luck with anything actually working from my Salvation Army.

[quote name='dodgeme']I passed up on an Intellivision II with about 15 games and the intellivoice module at the salvation army today. It was only 15 dollars but I really didn't want to spend that I really don't want to go that old. It was still cool to see as I have never seen an intellivision in the wild.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure the intellivoice module is quite rare and would probably net you your money back quickly. If it didn't come with that then I would say probably to pass on it.

[quote name='darkslime']Don't encourage him to do something something as horrible as flipping! What's wrong with you, boy?[/QUOTE]

im sure most people on here do that

finds021410.jpg

Top Loader NES with hookups, controllers and Tecmo Super Bowl and Elevator Action - $30
Wii USB Ethernet adapter - $10
Majora's Mask box and manual - $1
N64 expansion - $2
N64 system with 3 controllers, expansion, mem card (not pictured and 21 games): - $30

Saturn (model 1), 2 controllers, 2 gun controllers and 7 games = FREE

A guy on Craigslist was just giving this away, it's all in good condition.

finds021610001.jpg

$175 got me this Neo Geo AES in excellent condition with Samurai Spirits, Sengoku, Blue's Journey, Nam 1975 and Ninja Combat

But...

finds021610002.jpg

It gets better, this system is Composite and S-Video modded, but...

finds021610003.jpg

The system AND the controller are also both LED modded.

finds021610004.jpg

[quote name='Kuros']

$175 got me this Neo Geo AES in excellent condition with Samurai Spirits, Sengoku, Blue's Journey, Nam 1975 and Ninja Combat

But...

finds021610002.jpg

It gets better, this system is Composite and S-Video modded, but...

finds021610003.jpg

The system AND the controller are also both LED modded.

finds021610004.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Great find. That is one of the few systems left that I actually want to find. That and a Turbo Duo so I can play Ys. It'll be a while before I have the money spend on either one of those.

Brave Fencer Musashi (missing demo disc and manual, but in OG case) - $5
Dragon Warrior I & II (little faded on top of the art) - $6
Call of Cthulhu (Xbox, mint) - $5

Also got Abadox and Kid Niki for 5, not really 'bragarific' but great deal. Otherwise great finds for games that usually go for a lot.

I don't get it...its winter, most people in America aren't even having yard sales because its too cold/snow, and yet kuros and allyourblood are STILL finding huge amounts of games on a weekly basis. I mean seriously you find more in ONE YARD SALE than I find all summer going to 60-80 yard sales per weekend. You guys must live in some awesome area to find games.....am I the only one who still just finds sale after sale of "OMFG HUGE YARD SALE!" that turns out to be nothing but a little table with some coffee mugs on it?

[quote name='crows in black']I don't get it...its winter, most people in America aren't even having yard sales because its too cold/snow, and yet kuros and allyourblood are STILL finding huge amounts of games on a weekly basis. I mean seriously you find more in ONE YARD SALE than I find all summer going to 60-80 yard sales per weekend. You guys must live in some awesome area to find games.....am I the only one who still just finds sale after sale of "OMFG HUGE YARD SALE!" that turns out to be nothing but a little table with some coffee mugs on it?[/QUOTE]

Don't give up hope yet. I live on the East Coast and of course we're still recovering from the blizzard and all that jazz. I gave up all hope, after going through yard sale after yard sale finding nothing. Eventually I came across an Atari 2600 with a set of games for a decent price. Everyone here will tell you it's going to be a hit or miss, and to definitely plan out a full day to go searching. A lot of the CAG'ers here plan out routes and go the whole day yard sale hopping to find those treasures. Also, you gotta keep in mind that the one yard sale you decide not to go to, could possibly have a gold mine.

[quote name='chronoserge456']Don't give up hope yet. I live on the East Coast and of course we're still recovering from the blizzard and all that jazz. I gave up all hope, after going through yard sale after yard sale finding nothing. Eventually I came across an Atari 2600 with a set of games for a decent price. Everyone here will tell you it's going to be a hit or miss, and to definitely plan out a full day to go searching. A lot of the CAG'ers here plan out routes and go the whole day yard sale hopping to find those treasures. Also, you gotta keep in mind that the one yard sale you decide not to go to, could possibly have a gold mine.[/QUOTE]

yeah but what I think what a lot of people don't mention is the fact that where you live makes a big difference. It depends on the age range of people that live in the area. Where I live its almost entirely people that are too young or too old to have ever bought any games from the early 80s to the mid 90s, thats why all I ever find are baby toys or PS2 sports games. When I used to live in Florida my mom would literally find bags of SNES and NES games every weekend because most people there were in their late 20s and were getting rid of their old games. I completely understand how the whole yard sale thing works and what you need to do to find games, I just don't get how some people just find TONS and TONS of stuff EVERY weekend....its gotta be affected by where you live and/or go yard sailing at

It's possible some people on here live down south where it stays dry and warm all year long. Up here in the north (massachusetts) it doesn't get warmed up until april or may. And yes we got hammered with snow again up here so it will take a while again.

Neo Geo Gold System in box with cables and 2 sticks - $10
COD:MW2 (360), has that ring scratch - $3
Startropics/Dynowarz/Iron Sword NES - $5.
The Ninja/Ghostbusters/Zaxxon 3-D complete in boxes SMS. - $10
Alien Trilogy and Pro Pinball Big Race ps1 mint condition - $7.
Ren and Stimpy for GEN in box - $1
Blades of Steel in this nice Nintendo plastic case, mostly wanted the case - $1

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']Damn! Kudos![/QUOTE]

Thanks! But what I want to know is, does anything come up when you turn it on without a game? Mine just shows a blue screen and I'm assuming it works.

I had fun today. It all started when I went over to Goodwill and saw a Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (Dreamcast) case with some random sonic game inside. I chuckled, knowing that some young'uns working at the store were pretty wise when it came to game prices, so I went over to the cash register prepared to hear that their usual price of $3 had leaped up to some absurd sum. The girl doesn't even look in the video game binder and tells me that they don't have that game XD Whatever. At this stage I activate my "Well, I can give you 50 cents just for the case" technique, which nets me the liner and manual.

Next thing I do is head down to the local flea market and try to trade a game lot with Crocodile Dundee--okay so maybe it was bad to try and get Resident Evil: Director's Cut for Sports titles and Dark Rift (worse fighting game ever for n64), but then again he did mark up RE to $25. So I walk just a few feet instead the flea, where there are no less than three hawk-eyed video game dealers, and I pick up Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for $15. o_O And I'm thinking to myself, what's wrong with this picture?

Found myself out of the my area today, and decided to hit up a few yard sales, flea markets, and pawn shops. Well, most of my 6 hour excursion was a bust, but the second place I went turned out to have one of my best finds, ever, and definitely the best this year!

It's funny, because I got all of this stuff around 10:30 this morning, but just got around to pulling everything out and seeing what I actually got....I'm pretty happy at this point. :D

I basically had a few games and random stuff I picked out, then spotted two tubs of random 'stuff', and picked them up along with my games for $40 total. Here's what I got:
4374564299_c576698172_b.jpg
These are a few games and demo discs that I wanted to pick up, including: Lufia the Legend Returns for GBC, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver for DC, GEX 3 for PSx, sealed God of War PSP Demo Disc, Xbox 360 RPG demo disc, Mass Effect 1 Bonus Disc, and...(drumroll, please) a Sega Nomad with Sonic 2 and car charger.

Also pictured are some great Star Wars stuff I pulled out of the two boxes that I'm gonna keep for myself, a cheap pair of old-school sunglasses, and a World of US Manga Corps promo card. Not pictured: good condition NES controller and light zapper (I had actually already put those away, and am feeling too lazy to dig them out for the picture).

I was pretty stoked, because this is my first time to actually come across a Nomad in the wild; I was originally quoted $3 for just the system (who wouldn't have bought it, at that price??).

Anway, onto the contents of the boxes:
4375316944_849ffa0dce_b.jpg
A full set of 8 smaller, die cast WCW/NWO figures, brand new.

4374569145_8fa28749c0_b.jpg
4375321510_21c16cef08_b.jpg
Here's two quick peeks of the contents of the tubs I bought. They are filled with literally TONS of loose gundam figures, some transformers stuff, the Star Wars stuff I dug out, and who knows what else. A lot of this stuff I am not too familiar with.

4374573729_8929456296_b.jpg
8 Brand new, sealed Mobile Suit Gundam figures. Again, I don't know too much about these, but I am looking into them...

And lastly, possibly the weirdest part of an already weird find:
4375326588_a524260ddb_b.jpg
That's 61,000 Russian Roubles from 1993, and, that's right, 100 Columbian Pesos; I'M RICH, BITCH!!! I don't know how these found their way in there, but I'm not complaining.

[quote name='sgaldis']
That's 61,000 Russian Roubles from 1993, and, that's right, 100 Columbian Pesos; I'M RICH, BITCH!!! I don't know how these found their way in there, but I'm not complaining.[/QUOTE]

Appearantly 61,000 roubles is worth just over $2000 I would cash those in for sure. Pesos..... not so much

No, I thought that at first, as well. These notes are actually from 1993, and have a far less value than one of today's roubles. Inflation got so bad they had to re-value their money in 1998. Here's the exact info. I found:
"The ruble was redenominated on January 1, 1998, with one new ruble equalling 1000 old rubles. The redenomination was a purely psychological step that did not solve the fundamental economic problems faced by the Russian economy at the time, and the currency was devalued in August 1998 following the 1998 Russian financial crisis. The ruble lost 70% of its value against the U.S. Dollar in the six months following this 1998 Russian financial crisis.
By calculating the product of all six redenominations, it is seen that a seventh ruble is equal to 5×1015 original rubles.
In November 2004, the authorities of Dimitrovgrad (Ulyanovsk Oblast) erected a five-meter monument to the ruble."

So they're probably only worth about $2 USD, so I'll probably just hang on to 'em. They look kind of cool!

[quote name='sgaldis']No, I thought that at first, as well. These notes are actually from 1993, and have a far less value than one of today's roubles. Inflation got so bad they had to re-value their money in 1998. Here's the exact info. I found:
"The ruble was redenominated on January 1, 1998, with one new ruble equalling 1000 old rubles. The redenomination was a purely psychological step that did not solve the fundamental economic problems faced by the Russian economy at the time, and the currency was devalued in August 1998 following the 1998 Russian financial crisis. The ruble lost 70% of its value against the U.S. Dollar in the six months following this 1998 Russian financial crisis.
By calculating the product of all six redenominations, it is seen that a seventh ruble is equal to 5×1015 original rubles.
In November 2004, the authorities of Dimitrovgrad (Ulyanovsk Oblast) erected a five-meter monument to the ruble."

So they're probably only worth about $2 USD, so I'll probably just hang on to 'em. They look kind of cool![/QUOTE]

Mixed in which that Gundam lot is that a Robotech Veritech Fighter and Zentraedi battlepod I see??

Paper money is always a cool find and something to accumulate--I think I got a silver certificate from some bank in England when I purchased a stamp lot for postage value.

anyone else having a lot less luck at sales this year? i find a ton of cool shit at pawns / thrifts / etc the last few weeks but have found almost nothing at sales and it doesn't even seem worth going out before 10 when the stores open now.

Ugh, apparently more snow is coming our way up here in Maine... That means we have to wait even longer for the yard sales to start. And the snow was already going away. :(

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Mixed in which that Gundam lot is that a Robotech Veritech Fighter and Zentraedi battlepod I see??
[/QUOTE]

In all honesty, I have almost no knowledge about any of this Gundam stuff. Aside from the normal research chains of forums, eBay, etc..., I have a friend who is gonna come over and help me figure out what's what. There is a TON of stuff. Maybe I'll post some more pictures after I kind of pull everything out and clean it up.

[quote name='Jmclark']Ugh, apparently more snow is coming our way up here in Maine... That means we have to wait even longer for the yard sales to start. And the snow was already going away. :([/QUOTE]

You're complaining with the weak winter you've been having snowfall-wise? ;)

Try living in Baltimore or DC :)

Man I can't wait for summer. It really gets dull having to browse through all of the shops here as none of them ever really have anything. The Pawn shop prices all games at 20 dollars each and there is never anything rare enough to justify me paying that. Then when the Salvation Army does get something good in I either don't have enough on me or it is too obscure for me to really care at that time and then I regret not getting it (Intellivision II). Even all of the little random shops are overpriced. At least I know the game shop owner pretty well. He cuts me deals on trade-ins.

Hope it stops being crappy here real soon. Got a few things on my list I hope I can find this summer. Hopefully when I do get a job I won't have to work Saturday mornings as that would suck.

This past weekend's finds (Actually, just Sunday. Saturday was rained out):

Wii remote jacket (x2)
XB Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (complete)
XB Star Wars: Battlefront (complete)
PS2 Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II (missing manual), $10 for all

GEN Fantastic Dizzy (complete)
GEN Sonic Spinball (complete)
SMS Spy vs. Spy (complete), $4 for all

NDS Mario Kart DS (complete)
NES Adventure of Link, The
NES Miracle Piano Teaching System
NES cartridge sleeve, $5.50 for all

DC Resident Evil Code: Veronica (complete)
DC Centipede (complete), $4 for both

NES Blues Brothers, The
NES Little Nemo: The Dream Master
NES Space Shuttle Project
NES Batman: Return of the Joker
NES Snake's Revenge
NES Donkey Kong
NES Dig Dug II
NES Double Dragon II
NES Ninja Gaiden
NES Ikarai Warriors II: Victory Road, $20 for all

NES Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
NES to Famicom adapter (?!), $1 for both

PSX Micro Machines V3 (complete), $1

N64 Tigger's Honey Hunt (new, factory sealed)
N64 Harvest Moon 64
N64 Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
N64 Mario Party 3, $12 for all

Boss Chorus Ensemble pedal, $8

GC Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, The (complete)
GC Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, The (complete, Player's Choice version)
GC Ikaruga (complete, with extra manual)
GC Mary Kate & Ashley Sweet 16: License to Drive (complete)
GC Resident Evil 4 (complete), $10 for all

I've never seen one of these NES-FC adapters before. For my purposes, it's fairly pointless, but it's still fun to have. I think my favorite find this weekend was Fantastic Dizzy for Genesis. This was a game that I always wanted to play when I was a kid, but never got the chance. This copy is complete with manual, hint card, registration card, poster, and it's one of those fun, wacky Codemaster cartridges. I'm also happy that I found the chorus pedal; Boss pedals are expensive at retail, so I'm more than happy to take them off peoples' hands for not a lot of money.

And yes, I know I overpaid for the NES games, but initially the seller was charging $3 each, or two for $5. He had about 20-25 games in total. I wanted 4 games in particular, so I asked if he'd go any lower if I purchased "a few" games, but he said no. I almost gave up, but blurted out that I'd give him $20 for 10 games. He thought about it for a few seconds and finally agreed. I picked out the four games that I specifically wanted, chose another six, and handed over the cash. I cringed a few seconds later when I realized that I'd just forked over $20 for 10 bare cart NES games, but... what're you gonna do?

Lastly, I'm pleased to pick up Micro Machines V3. I've never tried this particular MM game, but I own a few of the others and most of them are a lot of fun, especially when you have the maximum allowable number of players.

Anyway, looks like we'll be getting rain next weekend (again), so these few finds might have to last me a while. Congrats on everyone else's recent pick-ups!

Ikaruga is like something I only find in my dreams *shakes fist*

Was nice finding a new Goodwill in my area though, I was just about ready to leave when I found their hidden-under-the-counter on-the-far-end-of-the-store game cache. Star Ocean the Second Story for $6. No manual and the case was shot, but I can't complain. :) Also snagged a C&C Red Alert 2 for $3, mainly for the memories.

Last couple of days (click on pics for bigness):

DC Championship Surfer
DC Sega Smash Pack Volume 1
DC Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
DC Airforce Delta
DC Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000
DC VMU, $5 for all

N64 Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (box and docs only)
GB David Crane's The Rescue of Princess Blobette (box and docs only)
GB Nemesis, $1 for all

SMS Golden Axe Warrior (complete)
GEN Ballz (complete)
GEN Space Harrier II (complete)
GEN Rocket Knight Adventures (complete), $4 for all

Wii Wii Music (complete)
GC Luigi's Mansion (complete), $8 for both

CD Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight (w/DVD disc)
CD Frontline Assembly: Hard Wired, $3 for both

Scribblenauts strategy guide (complete w/poster)
Mirror's Edge strategy guide, $2 for both

SNES StarFox
SNES Mega Man X, $1 for both

GEN Sega Genesis power supply
512MB secure digital card, $1 for both

N64 Resident Evil 2 (complete)
N64 Excitebike 64 (complete)
N64 Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The (complete), $12 for all

Korg Poly-800 synthesizer, $8

Favorite find this week was the Korg Poly-800, hands-down. I've wanted one of these for ages. She's a little beat-up, but 100% functional. I cannot wait to dive into this thing some more. I was also pleased to pick up complete copies of Rocket Knight Adventures and Resident Evil 2, as well as the FLA CD. I have zero interest in Linkin Park, but I thought it might make for a worthwhile trade, so if anyone wants to flip me a game for it, shoot me a PM.

[quote name='sgaldis']I. Hate. you.[/QUOTE]

just wait until next week when he comes back with "slow day today....someone actually PAID me $100 to take their mint, boxed Neo Geo, PC Engine Duo-RX, and Atari Jaguar. I also came across a box of 20 sealed copies of Stadium Events but decided to pass as I had no room left in the car"

all the time the rest of us are dealing with "went to 45 sales, found a copy of mario/duck hunt....seller refused to drop below $700 as these 'go for a $13,000 now on ebay' "

[quote name='crows in black']just wait until next week when he comes back with "slow day today....someone actually PAID me $100 to take their mint, boxed Neo Geo, PC Engine Duo-RX, and Atari Jaguar. I also came across a box of 20 sealed copies of Stadium Events but decided to pass as I had no room left in the car"

all the time the rest of us are dealing with "went to 45 sales, found a copy of mario/duck hunt....seller refused to drop below $700 as these 'go for a $13,000 now on ebay' "[/QUOTE]

I wish! :lol:

I'm surprised no one else has been posting. I know it's snowing still in a lot of places, so that must have something to do with it, but it's still been awfully quiet in here.

As for Stadium Events, I would be really surpised to find one travel so far across the US to land in my neck of the woods. That'd be wonderful. (But I'm not holding my breath!)

[quote name='Diebythesword']Thanks! But what I want to know is, does anything come up when you turn it on without a game? Mine just shows a blue screen and I'm assuming it works.[/QUOTE]

I have a Neo Geo system. I don't believe anything comes up when you plug it with no games but i can check later today and get some Galaxy Fight action on.

[quote name='allyourblood']I wish! :lol:

I'm surprised no one else has been posting. I know it's snowing still in a lot of places, so that must have something to do with it, but it's still been awfully quiet in here.

As for Stadium Events, I would be really surpised to find one travel so far across the US to land in my neck of the woods. That'd be wonderful. (But I'm not holding my breath!)[/QUOTE]

it has stopped snowing in most places but now its raining almost 24/7, which is just as bad as snow as far as yard sales are concerned

[quote name='crows in black']it has stopped snowing in most places but now its raining almost 24/7, which is just as bad as snow as far as yard sales are concerned[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's rained here for the past 3 weekends, but there'd be a small 4-6 hour window on either Saturday or Sunday morning, which certainly helped. I actually stopped at a few yard sales in the rain (well, sprinkling anyway) during the past few weeks; people are hardcore about having yard sales I guess! In fact, a few of the items I posted above were a little wet when I bought them, but luckily nothing was permanently damaged (which has not always been the case; I've bought some great stuff that suffered a lot of water damage due to being left out in the driveway while it's raining).

allyourblood is the only one keeping this thread alive it seems. Hopefully I will get a chance to get out there once it gets nice. It is tough getting up early when I work 2nd shift and am generally a night person, but I found some cool stuff before out there. Nothing super spectacular but nes games for a buck or two, lot of good books for cheap, and random cool stuff like my Garfield pencil box!

Had my first yard sale find in several months. Went to church rummage sale and picked up an old dell monitor for $2. I'm going to throw it in with an old compute I'm trying to sell. It was unmarked. When I brought it up, the lady said $5, but I started to put it back. She then went to $2. I do feel a little guilty talking them town at a church sale, but I don't like paying much for a old monitor. She did say that she didn't want to have to put the heavy thing on truck tomorrow, so that might also be why she went down. It's at least a 15" monitor.

[quote name='erehwon']Had my first yard sale find in several months. Went to church rummage sale and picked up an old dell monitor for $2. I'm going to throw it in with an old compute I'm trying to sell. It was unmarked. When I brought it up, the lady said $5, but I started to put it back. She then went to $2. I do feel a little guilty talking them town at a church sale, but I don't like paying much for a old monitor. She did say that she didn't want to have to put the heavy thing on truck tomorrow, so that might also be why she went down. It's at least a 15" monitor.[/QUOTE]
You can check craigslist for free CRT monitors. People seem to be always giving them away when they upgrade to LCD.

You guys will like this, today I go an estate sale in the rain. They had a bunch of no name computer software (some choice burn discs in there too) for $30 a pop!

They did have a few items that might barely be worth picking for next to nothing: duke nukem manhattan project, morrowind (all disc-only stuff), a sega genesis and some boxes of wire, but I think they need to suffer a few weeks with that full house of theirs.http://www.amazon.com/Duke-Nukem-Ma..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1268500974&sr=1-1

[quote name='erehwon']Had my first yard sale find in several months. Went to church rummage sale and picked up an old dell monitor for $2. I'm going to throw it in with an old compute I'm trying to sell. It was unmarked. When I brought it up, the lady said $5, but I started to put it back. She then went to $2. I do feel a little guilty talking them town at a church sale, but I don't like paying much for a old monitor. She did say that she didn't want to have to put the heavy thing on truck tomorrow, so that might also be why she went down. It's at least a 15" monitor.[/QUOTE]

I see these for free (and old desktop PCs) at garage sales all the time. I've given quite a few away for free myself, as the garbage men won't take them.

This past weekend's finds (as always, click pics for bigness):

DC Dreamcast keyboard, $1

NES Tecmo Baseball
NES Baseball Simulator 1.000
NES Mickey Mousecapade
NES Back to the Future
NES Captain Skyhawk
Standard black sleeve (x2)
Color Dreams cardboard sleeve, $5 for all

DVD Scrubs: The Complete Fifth Season
DVD Will & Grace: Season One, $5 for both

GEN Mortal Kombat (missing manual)
GEN Mortal Kombat II (complete)
GEN Fifa International Soccer (complete)
SNES Super Caesar's Palace
TG16 Keith Courage in Alpha Zones (complete), $3 for all

GB Tetris (torn label)
GB game case
GC Wavebird receiver, $2 for all

SNES Asciiware asciiPad
GB Tetris
GB Tetris (Japanese)
GB Nintendo Game Boy system, $4 for all

(all missing game disc, but including manuals)
XB Halo: Combat Evolved (NFR)
XB Halo: Combat Evolved
XB Halo 2
XB Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Platinum Hits)
XB Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
XB The Guy Game, $1 for all

Wii Purr Pals (complete)
GC Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition (Zelda: Four Swords Adventures inside)
PSX Tomba! demo disc
PSX Ape Escape (complete)
PSX Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness
PSX Silent Hill (missing manual), $5.50 for all

XB Stell Battalion (complete)
XB Guitar Hero: Smash Hits (complete), $3 for both

PSX Resident Evil (complete)
360 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (complete; case and insert in poor condition; disc and manual perfect), $5 for both

Not that I'm a big fan, but MW2 (for essentially $2.50) was the find of the weekend for me, just because it was such an insanely good price. Steel Battallion ranks a close second, since I have owned the controller/pedals for over a year but never found the game at a price I wanted to pay. Silent Hill would've been the winner of the weekend, but of course it's missing the manual! (Why are the best games always in the most incomplete condition?!)

While there weren't any super-amazing-mind-blowing scores this time around (save for MW2, of course), I was also excited to pick up the Tomba! demo (just cool to have), the Wavebird receiver (I only need two more now to complete a bunch of loose WBs I bought some time ago), and the asciiPad, which now completes a matching pair. And, filling in several gaps in the old collection is always pleasant!

You're single-handedly making me super pumped to get back out there. I was really hoping to get out before the end of the month, but even though the weather has improved dramatically there's still nothing in the paper or on craigslist.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']You're single-handedly making me super pumped to get back out there. I was really hoping to get out before the end of the month, but even though the weather has improved dramatically there's still nothing in the paper or on craigslist.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the majority of my finds lately have been from unadvertised sales. Just lots of desperate (and random) driving. :lol:

Not really Yard Sale,

Goodwill

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: Planetary Pack $3
Thief: Deadly Shadows $3

Boys & Girls

Samsung BD-P1000 Blu-Ray Player $10

The player I pretty much took a chance on since the tiny thrift store didn't take any returns or exchanges (no remote or cables either). The only test I did at the store before purchasing was I plugged it into an outlet to test and see if it would even turn on. The player lighted up and I tested the ejection button. So ok, what the hell $10 Blu-Ray player. Got home, plugged in the HDMI cable and tried a DVD. So far so good and the up-scaling looks great. Unfortunately I don't have any Blu-Ray movies on hand so that will have to wait. The BD-P1000 player is one of the early gen-1 players, so I'm sure it'll have limitations with playbacks (if the Blu-Ray drive even works). :lol:

Wow I need a list of stores that I need to go to. Where besides Goodwill? I'll have to check there soon...

EDIT

Haha my bad. Yard Sale thread. Have to go to my local flea market for these kind of prices.

Lol the nice weather has caused garage sales to start picking up. I have 3 to go to tomorrow lol. Today I ran into a garage sale ran out of a car. Needless to say it was pretty much junk.

bread's done
Back