Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='erehwon']What side of town do you yard sale on? I mainly stick to the NE and some NW neighborhoods.[/QUOTE]

I live in the NW but I try to go all over the city. I haven't been to many yet but that one I went to yesterday was near Snider High School.

Well today only 1 sale was advertised and I went there first, picked up the following:

Game Boy Advance system
Case
GT Advance Championship Racing (GBA)
TOTAL: $1.90

I only had a $20 bill and $1.90 in change. It was listed at $2.00...she took the $1.90...also I asked if she had any other video games and she said she had a Nintendo system she forgot to bring that is in storage, so I gave her my number and she's going to call me about it :D
Biked all over my town but saw no other signs for yard sales. Also went to an estate sale advertising a Game Cube with games but it was all gone by the time I got there :( .Good luck everyone!

By the way guys I just got back from the mall and FYE (my local one, at least) is having a huge sale off of most mildly old systems (Xbox, PS2, GBA, maybe more). It's 50% off PS2 games and 75% off the others, so I suggest you get down there asap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to one advertising PS1 games, but was a bust. They were selling a Logitech X540 for 20 dollars but I didn't bite. Anyone know if that is worth it?

[quote name='mistymayem']I live in the NW but I try to go all over the city. I haven't been to many yet but that one I went to yesterday was near Snider High School.[/QUOTE]
I went to that one as well, but got there around 8:30 AM. I got to get out earlier. Haven't gotten back into the swing of things.

To be honest, I'm wondering if the area has been tapped out. I hardly find anything anymore. I've never had the big finds some get, but I've noticed finds really drying up over the last couple of years.

Had some fun today.
a%3E

Xbox system w/ AV and power cords
- original official controller
- redesigned official controller
- GameStop controller

plus a bunch of games
Complete
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
MLB 2k6
NCAA 2K3
Pirates of the Caribbean
Spider-Man (PH)
Shrek 2
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
IHRA Motorsports Drag Racing 2004
Crash Nitro Kart
Test Drive (PH)
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Halo 2
The Hobbit
Scarface: The World is Yours

Missing Manual

Shark Tale
Blade II
Star Wars: The Clone Wars / Tetris Worlds
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

Price: $25
I've been wanting to get an original Xbox for $20 or less for some time since the 360's BC pretty much sucks. With that goal, a system with three controllers and a stack of games for $25 didn't sound so bad. Everything works great.

11vm8ma.jpg

And here's some other miscellaneous finds.

Wii games - $2 each
Cooking Mama: Cook Off
Toy Story Mania! (w/ 3D glasses)
MySims Party

Other Crap - $5 for all
XIII (PS2)
The Simpsons Wrestling (PS1)
Real World Golf (Xbox)
Cheat Code Explosion (2008)

The Xbox lot and Wii games came from the same sale. Some kid snatched a Tom & Jerry xbox game out of the stack while I was basically holding it but whatever (though it is apparently worth a decent amount...ah well).

The Wii games were a neat find, good games for my sister. I'd originally grabbed Cooking Mama and then some old lady picked up the other two, but she put them back down to make a phone call and by then I'd changed my mind about them. Beginner's mistake on her part, and mine too I guess.

As for the golf thing, it was weird enough that I had to have it. No idea if (or how) it works but I'll try later.

Slim pickings here today as it's still kinda cold out. Did manage to stop by the only two local sales I could find this morning.

Stop #1

Wii - We Ski (SEALED)
$2

Stop #2
NES - Zelda II: Adventures of Link (gold cart, cart only)
Genesis - Beauty & the Beast: Roar of the Beast (complete)
Genesis - Double Dribble: The Playoff Edition (no manual)
Genesis - F-15 Strike Eagle II (no manual)
Genesis - The Lion King (no manual)
Genesis - Ren & Stimpy Show: Stimpy's Inventions (no manual)
Genesis - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (pack-in edition, no manual)
Genesis - Sub Terrania (no manual)
Genesis - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (no manual)
PS2 - DragonBall Z: Budokai (disc only)
VHS - Howard Stern's U.S. Open Sores
$10

I'm sure nobody around here who speaks English knows what a "yard sale" is anymore. It's just a bunch of Hispanics selling clothes. A pity. Although, while I was scouting this morning, I did get pulled over for "driving suspiciously." The cop must have just been a yard sale hater.

[quote name='jaysapathy']I'm sure nobody around here who speaks English knows what a "yard sale" is anymore. It's just a bunch of Hispanics selling clothes. A pity. Although, while I was scouting this morning, I did get pulled over for "driving suspiciously." The cop must have just been a yard sale hater.[/QUOTE]

I swear I felt like I was in rush hour driving around on these little backstreets to five sales or so. It's like you look around before turning around...nothing's there, then all of the sudden it's like WHUMMMMM ride the bumper, ride the bumper. Actually made me wish there were some cops around for all the folks who are dissatisfied with only going over 10 miles over the speed limit.

The only thing I saw close to game-related was a namco game-inside joystick deal (plugs into the tv) for $5. Meh.

It would've been a complete bust except that I found a deck of duratone playing cards for a quarter. The art on the front says 1947, Sidney C. Lucas, who coincidentally also did a bit of art I wanted to use as a screensaver.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-PINKY-b...dZViewItemQQptZArt_Prints?hash=item3a543cb0c5

edit: or maybe Lucas is the printer. Still, that gives me something to go on.

[quote name='jaysapathy']I'm sure nobody around here who speaks English knows what a "yard sale" is anymore. It's just a bunch of Hispanics selling clothes. A pity. Although, while I was scouting this morning, I did get pulled over for "driving suspiciously." The cop must have just been a yard sale hater.[/QUOTE]

Texas?

Garage sale stuff

Game gear with Taz game, and handy gear $3, game gear is missing battery covers
(I need to test it)

mega man network transmission $3

Saw a bunch of DS games at the sale, only things that caught my eye were Rhythm Heaven and Tecmo Bowl for the DS both were marked $10 apiece, I might have been able to get them for $5 a piece.

I finally got a cardboard display :D

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap display $5
1000024i.jpg

I also got a Gamecube with the Gameboy Player (no boot disc though) for $5

mms_picture2.jpg

I actually found this stuff on Thursday but I've just got around to posting a picture.

This was all at one sale.
Original Game Boy in box- $2 (The Game Boy is kinda gross looking but I thought the box was cool. It still has the warranty card on the back.)

4 Playstation Memory cards in a jewel case holder- $1

007 Tomorrow Never Dies
Gunship
Vigilante 8: Second Offense
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Gran Turismo 2
2 Playstation magazine demo discs
Each disc was $.25 so $2 total

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 w/ pirated version of Roller Coaster Tycoon and "Programming in Visual Basic" inside
Case and manual for:
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Eggs of Steel
Turbo Prop Racing
manual only for S.C.A.R.S.
copied manual for Dragon Seeds
He gave me all that for free.

Total: $5

[quote name='kipz']I finally got a cardboard display :D

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap display $5
1000024i.jpg

I also got a Gamecube with the Gameboy Player (no boot disc though) for $5[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI for the future, if you ever see one you want at Gamestop you can actually go up to the counter and ask them to put your name on it. When it comes time to swap it out for a new standee, they'll call you on the phone to come pick it up free of charge.

Very, very YMMY on those. My local GameStop refuses to give them out to customers. The district manager says they "must be destroyed." But, depending on manager, I suppose it's possible. Just an FYI. :p

[quote name='jaysapathy']Very, very YMMY on those. My local GameStop refuses to give them out to customers. The district manager says they "must be destroyed." But, depending on manager, I suppose it's possible. Just an FYI. :p[/QUOTE]

wow thats lame. ive scored the Smash Bros Brawl display box, a Halo Wars poster midnight release, a Super Mario Galaxy poster, a Mater Chief cardboard cut out, and a Pokemon Stadium 2 poster over the years. I've never had them say no to me or anyone else.

This past weekend's finds (click pics to enlarge):

GEN F-15 Strike Eagle II (missing manual)
GG Surf Ninjas w/case
GG Legend of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse w/case
GEN Sonic the Hedgehog 2 manual
GEN ToeJame & Earl manual, $2 for all

Sega Master System w/3 Genesis controllers and Genesis power supply, $3

N64 Gauntlet Legends, $1

NES controllers (2 pack), $3

3 Amiga CD32 discs, $1.50 for all

Sega Genesis w/1 controller, RF adapter, power supply, system manual
2 Docs wireless Playstation controllers w/base and manual
GEN Chakan, G-LOC Air Battle, James "Buster" Douglas Knockout Boxing, LHX Attack Chopper, Mutant League Football (no trading cards), Road Rash II, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Super Monaco GP II, Zero Tolerance, (all complete), $10 for all

NES A Boy and his Blob
NES Who Framed Roger Rabbit
SNES Star Fox
GEN MUSHA
GEN Streets of Rage, (all cartridge only), $6 for all

While it kills me that it's incomplete, I finally own MUSHA! I've been hoping to trip across this game for literally years. I rented it once or twice as a kid, and while I never finished it, I remember having a lot of fun. I've been playing it for a couple days now, and it's just as awesome as last time.

The NES controller pack is cool; the controllers aren't new, but they're in really good shape, and having the box and original documentation is great. I'm also really happy with the Genesis bundle. I absolutely do not need another Genesis console, but I needed most of the games for my collection, and everything is in wonderful, complete condition.

This definitely wasn't my biggest weekend haul, but it was (almost) all quality.

I just want to say to all those that post pictures. I know most of you don't get replies but we all like looking at pictures so keep em coming. Thanks for sharing.

[quote name='Doomstink']Just an FYI for the future, if you ever see one you want at Gamestop you can actually go up to the counter and ask them to put your name on it. When it comes time to swap it out for a new standee, they'll call you on the phone to come pick it up free of charge.[/QUOTE]

Well that explains why there was a name on the back of mine. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Went to an estate sale that listed "old TV games" thinking I might pick up an old odyssey or something. I walked up and saw a box full of NES stuff, looked through it a bit, but saw no price. I inquired and she just kinda looked blank, so I offered $20, she thought about it a bit and countered with $25, and I accepted. I walked away with:

3 NES consoles (3 ac adapters, but only 1 RF adapter)
10 controllers (2 of which are new)
3 Guns
NES Cleaning Kit
NES Satellite (the wireless 4 player adapter..this thing takes 6 C batteries)
6 hard plastic game cases and 9 dust sleeves

Games:
Mario/Duck Hunt
Super Mario 2 w/manual
Super Mario 3
Zelda w/map
Nintendo Tetris
Bases Loaded
Top Gun
Final Fantasy
Contra
RC Pro Am w/manual
TMNT 2: The Arcade Game w/manual
Hogan's Alley
Double Dragon II w/manual
Ice Hockey
Guerilla War
Super Spike VBall/Nintendo World Cup
Wizards and Warriors w/manual

Also manuals for:
Dragon Warrior
Gauntlet
Ninja Gaiden
Bionic Commando
Castlevania
Castlevania II
Skate or Die
Defender of the Crown
Blades of Steel
Top Gun Second Mission
Double Dragon
Silent Service
Legendary Wings
Base Wars

I would've had pics, but when I had everything spread out, I found out I needed to recharge my batteries, so I put it all back for now

Hey guys, I'm writing a story for my Media Writing class about yard sales.

I am a yardsaler myself, and I'm wondering what are your favorite tactics for preperation, shopping, haggling, or what have you. Or why you bother waking up at 6 in the morning to dig through some old woman's box of junk.

Also I totally struck out last week, the most interesting thing I found was Daredevil on DVD, and that was just for the Rifftrax.

[quote name='lwelyk']Hey guys, I'm writing a story for my Media Writing class about yard sales.

I am a yardsaler myself, and I'm wondering what are your favorite tactics for preperation, shopping, haggling, or what have you. Or why you bother waking up at 6 in the morning to dig through some old woman's box of junk.

Also I totally struck out last week, the most interesting thing I found was Daredevil on DVD, and that was just for the Rifftrax.[/QUOTE]

I like to be subtle and fairly honest. I'm not big on haggling, but I definitely dress down (which isn't hard for me.) which can help a good bit. I also like to throw different amounts of cash in pockets like $5 in one and $10-$20 in another. That way if they say "make an offer" I can pull out the cash and say "I got x.xx on me." (I don't have the personality type to do straight cash in the face.)

Oh, and today wasn't that good. I hit up two church rummage sales. Only gaming related stuff I saw there were 95-ish PC related stuff. I did snag a tiny shelf for a quarter as I dug the false bottom it had.

Oh, and a pretty sweet find for any wrestling fans here. I got JBL's Have More Money Now for a quarter. Autographed.

Finally, I hit up the farmer's market as there's a discount grocery stand there I like. I got some coffee and wondered around and saw a stack of PS2 titles. I thumb through them and the woman said $2, so I picked up GTA:LCS.

I just went and got:

White DS Lite (horrible condition, but it works)
New Super Mario Bros with case/manual (DS)
Need for Speed Most Wanted cart only (DS)
Marvel Nemesis Rise of the Imperfects cart only (DS)
Third-party DS Lite charger
Third-party DS Lite car charger
2 mini cases for DS games
New Super Mario Bros DS case/lunch box

That was all $15. I also got Beavis and Butthead do Christmas on VHS for 25 cents. This is good for my first yard sale of the year, since I never find anything. I might sell the games, since I have NSMB and don't want the other games.

Only gaming haul I got today was:
Return of the Ninja(GBC)
Star Wars(GB)

I'm not sure why I grabbed the star wars game since I know it'll suck, but I played a bit of Return of the Ninja and liked it. It's hard though.

[quote name='jaysapathy']If you do, let me know. The wife really wants that one for a good price. Nice find, by the way. What's the story behind it?[/QUOTE]
Are you talking to me? If you are, I would be willing to sell, but I've never sold a game online before. And there's no story. I didn't haggle, but that's the only thing worth mentioning.

It was cloudy out and I only had five sales on my list to begin with. All I got was

Professor Layton & The Curious Village :)ds: European version, CIB) - $5

Kinda weird. Love the fatter, clear case though. Strangely I think this is the only import game I own.

EDIT: Went back out to a sale posted late on craigslist (seriously, why wait until 11:00 AM the morning of the sale to tell people about it...) and got:

:wii: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
:wii: Trauma Center: New Blood
Both sealed for $5 each. Not bad.

Had an interesting outing today. Spent $33, and got a new 20" Samsung LCD monitor, PS2 with official 8mb card, 27" CRT TV for my old school stuff, a stand to put it on, and a few assorted PS2 games. Overall, a good successful morning. The PS2 was only $5, so I'm hoping I can turn it around on Craigslist for a profit. Win.

My day sucked ass. What bothers me are these "garage sales" were the people have a flea market on thier front yard, full of cheap chinese shit. Happens about half the time.

Well, I didn't get to any garage sales but I finnaly got out and went to a few different shops.

I made my way to Jamestown and Salamanca, NY and stopped at a few places. My first stop was the Salvation Army and overall it stunk. Couldn't find a thing. Then as I was leaving I saw a master system case and it turns out the game was Reggie Jackson's Baseball, I just grabbed it as it was only $1.99 and I need some more Master System Games.

Now I went to Salamanca and stopped at a random pawn shop as we really went for this antique mall which I found nothing at. At this Pawn shop I snagged a PS3 DS3 Contoller for $15 and Ecco The Dolphin (Dreamcast) for $5. Not a great day, but it was nice to get some stuff again.

I had a great day!

I got an N64 with 6 game (Knife Edge, WCW Backstage Assault, Mickey's Speedway, Tom and Jerry in Fists of Furry, Pokemon Stadium (with adapter) and Donkey Kong 64) $5

PSone complete in box (except for the cardboard to hold it in place) with Tomb Raider 3 $5

But the best was the 19" touchscreen LCD for $2 (it should go nicely with my arcade cabinet that's missing the screen)

All cart only-

Mr. Do (Coleco) $1
Snoopy and the Red Baron (2600) $1
Obelix (2600) $1
Trolls on treasure island (NES) $8...and i talked the guy down from $10, i normally wouldn't pay $8 for 1 NES game but i wanted it for my collection.

Can anyone help me out with Obelix?? I posted a question in the "Is this game rare?" thread. Thx guys.

edit- nvm, found out i have the US version.

Hit up one yard sale yesterday that I walked to. Sadly, nothing gaming related.

However, they had tons of Star Trek stuff namely books. I used to be into TOS and TNG some and then my sister got into it a lot so I thumbed through stuff and ended up picking up an autographed 8x10 of all the crew of the main cast, a seperate one of just Miles O'Brien, a book with all the stickers in it, a final draft script of City on the Edge of Forever... and a sandwich bag full of Ziploc pump-style freezer bags and the pump (for my dad). I think I paid like $2.50 for all of it.

Sadly, I'm almost positive the two autographs aren't authentic but rather scanned. The glossy is too shiny over the markings and you can't make out turns in the markers on the back. It was weird, though, seeing back to back autographed merch. Especially in a town that's pretty far away from any areas that actually do book signings.

So not a bad haul considering it was a short distance to walk. When my sister got home, we walked back and she got some more books. I imagine there were some paperback books in there that were worth well over the .25 she wanted on ebay (some were the 70's prints) but I'm too lazy and books are too iffy on selling to me.

Hit a neighborhood sale up while I was on vacation in Florida, just can't escape the juice of a yard sale. Was able to pick up a bunch of kids NES games and a couple decent games on the SNES.

NES
Super Mario 3
Dr. Mario
Krusty's Fun House
Bubble Bobble
Duck Tales
Spy vs. Spy
Sesame Street ABC
Sesame Street 1-2-3
Tale Spin
Mickey Mousecapade

SNES
Super Mario World x2
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country 3
Mechwarrior
Street Fighter II
Tom and Jerry

$20

It was another example of asking whether the person had games. No evidence of games on display, but asked the lady and she said she had some old Nintendo stuff. It was one of the biggest stashes I have ever seen, a laundry basket full. She said that she wanted $2 for each game. I cherry picked what I wanted and countered with $1 per since alot were little kids games. She countered with $20 and I accepted. I wish I would have had more time to look through the basket, but there were alot of items I already had numerous copies of.

Also picked up:
The Monster Book of Manga $2
Bleach Official Character Book SOULs $1
Pokemon Leaf Green Guide $.50

As an aside, got hooked on The Walking Dead graphic novels (comic books my wife retorts). Any tips on finding them cheap? Would like to find them for under $5, as they can be had online for $8-10 used.

Happy hunting all.

Forgot to post this last week, was driving through Silver Lake and the large Godzilla caught my eye at a yardsale, so I stopped by.

I was hoping it was one of those original Shogun Warriors type ones that I never got as a kid but desperately wanted. Unfortunately, it was only a normal soft plastic/rubber one, about 2 feet tall, from the '90s, but the guy also had original Star Wars figures, He-Man figures, GI Joe figures and some comics I picked up. Asked about games but he had forgotten to bring them as he was having this sale at his friend's place since the traffic is higher.

All the figures were loose and no accessories, but he was asking $1 each for any figure (except $3 for both C3PO and R2D2), $7 for the Godzilla and $10 for 1st prints (near mint) of Spawn 1-15, so I CiF'd him $20 for everything and he took it.

Ended up with 6 or 7 original GI Joes (nothing to write home about) in used but great condition (Dr. Mindbender, Tomax and Xamot, Tunnel Rat, and a couple others I can't remember), 4 He-Man figures (Beast Man, the suction/leech guy, blue/imposter Heman, regular Heman) in used but great condition, 10 or 11 Star Wars figs from the late 70's/early 80's all used but great condition (except for R2D2...he looks like he took a beating, or just got out of the Dagobah swamp) - only one dupe in the lot, the large Godzilla, and Spawn 1-15. Oh yeah and 3 issues of GI Joe, all first print, including #2 in very fine condition.

I threw everything in storage already awaiting cleaning/sorting with their corresponding sets, but a bunch will probably end up being resold eventually.

Nothing gaming recently, but I found something so bizarre at such a good price and other people have posted non-gaming finds I figured I'd share:

Complete in the box (in pretty good shape) with instruction manual even (!!):
She-Ra, Princess of Power Crystal Castle!

I saw the box and it had a $5 tag on it. Having never seen one (or anything like it boxed) I asked her if she'd take $4 and snapped it up. One end of the box was taped, and I opened it this morning. It appears complete, and also found She-Ra, some other amazon-like chick, and the male figure from the line inside. There is one on Ebay right now with some other figures but no box at $50 & $30 shipping with an hour and a half left!

[quote name='TiKi2']^^^ How many times has asking worked out for you?[/QUOTE]

I would say about one out of every 8-10 times (if not slightly better). I have gotten into a rhythm as far as how I approach the person having the sale. Something along the lines of "You don't happen to have any old video game stuff do you? You know, Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox . . ." Just takes a second and alot of times you just see the wheels turning in the person's head. Many times they will point you over to their old VHS tapes, because they are keying on the word "video". Usually those don't pan out when you correct them. When it does work, you are getting something out of nothing. And lots of times, the person has already convinced themselves that there isn't much worth to the games because they would have put it out if they thought the games/systems were worth anything.

Learned alot of my approach from former poster Snotknocker, especially the CIF (Cash in Face) approach. He had some pretty impressive finds just like allyourblood. He hasn't posted in a few years, but it might be worth going back in the archives to read some of his stuff.

[quote name='willc23']I would say about one out of every 8-10 times (if not slightly better). I have gotten into a rhythm as far as how I approach the person having the sale. Something along the lines of "You don't happen to have any old video game stuff do you? You know, Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox . . ." Just takes a second and alot of times you just see the wheels turning in the person's head. Many times they will point you over to their old VHS tapes, because they are keying on the word "video". Usually those don't pan out when you correct them. When it does work, you are getting something out of nothing. And lots of times, the person has already convinced themselves that there isn't much worth to the games because they would have put it out if they thought the games/systems were worth anything.

Learned alot of my approach from former poster Snotknocker, especially the CIF (Cash in Face) approach. He had some pretty impressive finds just like allyourblood. He hasn't posted in a few years, but it might be worth going back in the archives to read some of his stuff.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing. I ask about 50% of the time and never get a hidden find out of it. Last person I asked pointed me to a pair of really old crappy speakers. Have no idea why.

This past weekend's finds (click pics to see full size):

PSX Bushido Blade 2 (complete)
PSX Parasite Eve (complete), $5 for both

Giant box of 92 NES, SNES, N64, Genesis games. A lot of sports, with a few standouts:

SNES Brain Lord (complete in hacked-up box)
SNES Gradius III
SNES Super R-Type
SNES Wild Guns
SNES R-Type III
SNES Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
SNES Looney Tunes B-Ball
NES Link's Adventure
GEN Elemental Master (missing manual)
GEN Rolling Thunder 3 (missing manual)
N64 Game Shark x2 (v3.0 & v3.3)

Lots more decent titles are in there, but nothing mind-blowing. $30 for all

PS2 Network Adapter, $4

XBOX Guilty Gear X2: The Midnight Carnival #Reload (missing manual)
GC Disney Cars (complete)
360 Tom Clancy's Endwar (complete)
PS2 Resident Evil Premium Edition (missing Ada Wong cell)
PS2 Black, $14 for all

DVD Ys Legacy 3-disc set (Book One, Book Two, Castle in the Heavens)
N64 Mortal Kombat 4, $2 for both

Nintendo Entertainment System w/1 controller (no AC, no RF) with:
NES Anticipation, Bases Loaded, Galaga: Demons of Death, Lunar Pool, Mission Impossible, Castelian, Treasure Master, Uncharted Waters, Mappy-Land, 4 game sleeves, $8 for all

Sega Dreamcast w/2 controllers, 2 VMUs, power and AV cables and the following games (everything in fantastic condition):

DC Web Browser, NBA 2K, Ready 2 Rumble, SoulCalibur, Tee Off, Hydro Thunder, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, NFL Blitz 2000, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, San Francisco Rush 2049, $25 for all

I think my favorite thing this go-round was the Ys Legacy DVD set. I have never been a fan of anime; the odd dubbing and bizarre themes just never really captivated me, but I've found a few exceptions over the years: Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and possibly, now this. I am a huge fan of the early Ys series, so I was really excited to find this set. I watched a couple half-hour segments so far, and it's pretty entertaining, though I think I like it mostly because I enjoyed the games so much. In any event, I'm very pleased to have picked it up.

The Dreamcast bunch was my other favorite find. I actually own most of the games, but these are in slightly nicer condition than my current copies (which are already in good condition), so I get to upgrade.

Lastly, the giant box full of goodies is a great way to bulk up my NES and SNES collections. Im not sure how I feel about all the sports games (35 out of 92, if you don't count the five "novelty sports" games). I'm not a big sports fan, and they'll take up a lot of space, but at the same time, they're pretty much worthless. Oh well, at least I won't have to go chasing them later on if I decide to go for a complete collection.

yeah, what mistymayem said... how about some stories here? Were they just sitting out? Did you have to ask? Haggle at all? I love seeing people's finds but I like to hear the stories behind them too.

bread's done
Back