Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='darkslime']They pull that shit here too. And usually the kids are the ones they get to steal stuff, its fucked up.

Yard saling in DE last summer was like yard sale heaven. My competition was a bunch of middle class white people who have zero interest in video games.[/QUOTE]

Oh hell yeah - they get their kids to do the stealing (that or their abuelitas - the old Latina grannies), what with 20 of them for each extended family running around the sale, and whatever they don't steal they break, trample, and end up causing liability issues as they run around knocking each other and other yardsalers down. It's truly ridiculous.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']There needs to be more racial stereotyping in this thread.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='karkyco']Oh hell yeah - they get their kids to do the stealing (that or their abuelitas - the old Latina grannies), what with 20 of them for each extended family running around the sale, and whatever they don't steal they break, trample, and end up causing liability issues as they run around knocking each other and other yardsalers down. It's truly ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

thank you more more racial stereotyping, i thought i was going to faint without more of these generalized true stories....

i got star fox 64 for .25 cents

What I picked up this Saturday:

Crimson Skies (xbox) - $3

On the way to a yard sale which didn't exist, I saw a triplet of tables on the corner with a bunch of Xbox stuff. They wanted 60 for the system, and had a bunch of of overpriced Halo and DDR stuff hanging around, so I was happy to just get this one Complete and in Mint condition.

7 music CDs -
$4

This one was advertised as "Set your own prices to help people with lymphoma." They didn't have any signs up so most of their stock was fairly untouched. A lot of older stuff in brand new condition, here's the damage:

Linda Ronstandt - 'Round Midnight
Chili Peppers - Red Hot Sugar Sex Magic
The Cure - Wish
Chet Atkins - Stay Tuned
Glenn Miller - The Popular Recordings
ZZ Top - Greatest Hits
The Best of Frank Zappa - Strictly Commercial

I also picked up some obnoxiously new postcard sets for 75 cents which I might be able to flip for $2, lol.

Wall-mounted CD rack - $1

This was the sweetest find as it was right down the street in somebody's basement...lol, they didn't even have a screwdriver so I had to go home and get one to take it down myself. 14 x 22 inches, looks nice too in a cheap 70's wood-grain kind of way. As an added bonus, the lady was kind enough to let me take some of her scrap wire.

Walt Disney's Story Land Golden Book 1962 - 50 cents

In excellent condition, I figure it's worth $5 at a flea.

Ten old postcards, circa 1900-1940 - $7.50

I really paid too much for these, being that I felt sorry for the guy when he showed me his Atari 2600 console only with no controllers or AV adaptor saying he wanted $50. I told him I've sold complete systems for $20 and he should take $5 if somebody offers it. Next, in his basement he had some framed old movie posters and cigarette cards (1920s), good stuff for a paper collector but I could tell he was going to have a hell of time with the prices that he wanted.

So I sit down at some big boxes of postcards--he tells me he gets them for $1-2 on ebay and I tell him how I get them at 20 cents at flea markets--again I see that he has all these scenery cards, topicals, and flowery shit which aren't exactly in high demand. So within this drek I pick out a few girlie postcards with cheesy sayings and a Niagara Falls card with an error cancellation on the front. Nothing great, but some nice cards for building up my collection of Irish gals and World expositions.

Items I didn't buy:

I saw folks with a Wii Fit game only for $10, some Guitar Hero DS attachment for $10, and some Link Archery CD for $5 (with I'm guessing comes with the Wii). Not to mention that I went to Goodwill like an idiot thinking an n64 auction would end on Saturday and I'd win 18 games + a system for $30 :hot: Turns out it's running for another month, which might as well be never ;)

In a twist of fate though I met a guy who asked about the auction at 3pm because he was looking to get rid of a PSone with 30 games. I also left my contact info with the Wii Fit lady because she might have a PS2 with 20 games behind the stage curtain. Goes to show that you should always inquire when you catch the scent of any games whatsoever.

The stealing happens here too, and I am assuming everywhere. If you have something expensive to sell make a sign stating what it is, if a buyer inquires bring out the item but watch closely. If you are selling discs put the cases out and leave the discs in the house, when a buyer wants a game go inside and get the disc. When your having a sale if you have a back door to your house always keep it locked don't leave it open, this should really be common sense but if your all in the front and you leave your back door open someone is gonna get in and steal things from your house. Same with if you have a yard sale in the back of the house and you leave your front door open. Have more than one person selling, if your doing it by yourself then you have a better chance of getting robbed. If your doing an estate sale and you have multiple rooms make sure someone is in each room because if you leave them empty people will steal.

Usually a person touting the ebay price is touting more than the item's real value even on ebay in order to prey on desperate ebay sellers. Do not listen to these people and just walk away, they could be hocking you a load of worthless junk.

[quote name='FOnewearl']

World of WarCraft Action Figure - Tauren Shaman (New) - $1 (IAP)

Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land - $1 (IAP was $2)

Dynamite Heady - $3 & tax (Actually got this at the pawn shop while out yardsaling)

Non Find BS
First day actually out hitting the pavement this year and extremely uneventful with the finds, I kind of had a bad feeling about today and the first advertised sale with my good luck being used up on Thursday. I got out the door early enough to get to the first sale a few minutes before 8 which advertised "Complete Nintendo System" ended up being an N64 with 4 games (NBA Jam Hangtime, Wave Race 64, Pilot Wings 64 and one other game I can't remember) it was marked $20 and looked pretty dirty so I didn't even bother trying to make an offer since I didn't need anything for my collection.

I did get to about 30 sales today but saw very little video game stuff today for even a slow day, a few PS2 games at one sale, a few PC games at another and the house I got Wario Land at a few Xbox games & 2 guides. When I asked about games at the house with the WarCraft toy the lady mentioned being a retro gamer and an older lady also at that house mentioned being a World of WarCraft addict lol. At one house a guy mentioned selling a 5200 last year at his yardsale and how he wished he didn't since it was worth $200 :(, everything at this sale looked pretty dirty so I could only imagine this 5200 being worth more like $400 ;) Only one house mentioned something I missed when I asked about video games, a PS2 from the day before.

$62

List
NES System With 1st Party Controller x2, RF & AC Adaptor

~~~~~~~~~~
Cart Only
~~~~~~~~~~

Airwolf
Big Nose The Caveman
Jedpardy! 25th Edition
Jurassic Park (SNES)
Mega Man 2
Super C
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II The Arcade Game

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With Manual
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bubble Bobble
Castlequest (Map Included)
Contra
Defender II
Guardian Legend
Joust
Paperboy
Q*Bert
Super Mario World (SNES)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adventures of Link, The
Adventures of Lolo
American Gladiators (SNES)
Bionic Commando
Defender of The Crown
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Excitebike
F-117A Stealth Fighter
Mechwarrior (SNES)
NBA Live 95 (SNES)
Puzzle
Sim Ant: The Electronic Ant Colony (SNES)
Super Game Boy (SNES)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Kart (SNES)
Tetris
Tetris 2
World Cup

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Misc (Mostly Game Boy Manuals - Noted If Something Else)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chase H.Q.
Clutch Hitter (Game Gear Manual)
Electronics Boutique December 199x December Catalog
Game Player's Strategy Guide To Nintendo Games/Nintendo Guide x20
Home Alone
Hot Games, The (Paperback Book)
Kirby's Dream Land
Nintendo Strategies (Book/Magazine ?)
Mastering Nintendo Video Games II (Paperback Book)
Ride The Ocean Wave! (Game Player's Nintendo Guide Supplement Games Made By Ocean)
Plastic Snapcases For NES Games x11
Sega Visions Magazines x5
Super Mario Bros. 2 (Box & Manual)
Super Mario Bros. 3 Strategy Guide (Nintendo Power)
Super Scrabble Brand Crossword Game
Tetris
Wave Race
Winning Tips For Nintendo (Paperback Magazine Type Book From Consumer Guide Editors)

BS
I found all of this at a yardsale that started on Thursday and advertised "Original Nintendo & games" I actually made a list of all of the addresses of sales I've been to over the last few years as to skip houses I've been to before and more so addresses that have a yardsale every year or 2, 3 times a year. They didn't give an address for this sale but mentioned being by a landscaping business and it ended up being the house I was thinking as I remember asking about video games a few years ago at a previous sale they had and being told that they owned a NES with about 20 games.

I got to the sale about 10 maybe 15 minutes early and noticed a few cars and that the sale was going in full force with steady traffic already. It looked like nothing (video game related) sold yet as I saw the NES stuff marked $70 for all & SNES games $4 each. I grabed the complete Mario Kart & Super Game Boy and look over the NES stuff briefly. I see a guy running the sale and offer $50 for all the NES stuff & the 2 SNES games I had and he took the offer (easier then I expected actually) and when I asked he let me have the misc boxes and manuals which were all together in a little box. I asked about the magazines and he said I could have them all for $2 but I ended up countering $10 for the mags and some more SNES games (the rest that I got minus NBA Live, American Gladiators & Jurrasic Park) he offered up the last 3 games for $5 more and I offered to meet him in the midde and he said $12 would work.

It wasen't a dirt cheap bundle but nicer (IMO) then the $50 NES with games I got at a yardsale last year with the complete games this time. This was my second sale this year and I was definately gun shy with making a lower offer with $70 on the NES stuff and it being something mentioned in the ad but I should have offered %50 at first as I probably could have done a little better, the guy was serious about getting rid of the stuff and BSing he did mention "not wanting to bring it back inside" which is one way you can clearly tell that somebody is serious about moving stuff and won't sit on it just because they can't get asking price or close to.

Non Find BS From 2 Weeks Ago
I saw a sale on Craigslist 2 weeks ago that mentioned something like "lots of old school Nintendo tapes". First sale I went to this year and not much going on that week so I made a special trip out to see if it's anything decent. I get to the sale about 10-15 minutes early and see everything it's about 40 some NES games and a few misc games for different older systems. No price I look it over and ask and it's the only 2600 game $1 (Donkey Kong) and the rest $5 each or 5 for $20 I look them over a bit more and offer $30 for all of them which was politely declined. I asked the guy what the best he would do was and he counted the games up quickly and said he'd do $100 and BSing with him that he might do better later if they don't sell. I thanked him and didn't buy anything but was thinking I should have offered $5 for the 2 games I don't have Vindicator & Big Nose (which I didn't have but do now) or at least Donkey Kong for a buck so that I at least got something.

Some good games but most of them not worth $5 Kid Icarus being the most valuable game online that I saw and only 2 other games that were worth (barely) more then $5 online. I also saw Donkey Kong 3 for the first time used in the wild around me at this sale also which isn't rare but is surely considered uncommon to some degree. This guy was selling abunch of extras I gathered talking to him and I would guess didn't do nearly as well as he was thinking selling them.
[/QUOTE]

If you want to sell/trade any of those NES games hit me up. Sweet haul!

I'm curious if some of these NES hauls originate from local video stores that shut down and put their stock into storage? Seeing all those boxes brought me back to the days when I saw stuff like Dragon Warrior 3 or 4 up for rent--you'd take the box over and switch it out for the actual game in one of those gray plastic cases.

First year going to yard sales. Second weekend, the first since March. The last three weekends we've had either snow or rain. It rained most of Friday too. I live in a rural area so there aren't that many sales around here.

042410004.jpg

Dreamcast: System with all hookups and two controllers, two Mad Catz controllers, an Agetec steering wheel controller, four Mad Catz rumble packs, a Mad Catz memory card, a sample disc (Generator V1) and 11 games (all complete with instructions, some cases a bit beat).
Crazy Taxi / F355 Challenge Passione Rossa / NFL 2K1 / Rayman 2 / Razor Freestyle Scooter / Rippin' Riders / Sega Bass Fishing / Sonic Adventure (All Stars edition) / South Park Chef's Luv Shack / Test Drive 6 / Tomb Raider: Chronicles
Nothing special, but i didn't have a DC. $20

042410003.jpg

PS2: 15 games, all but two in good condition.
Civil War: A Nation Divided / GTA: Vice City / Lord of the Rings: Return of the King / Madden 2004 / Madden 07 / Ratchet & Clank (GH) / Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (GH) / Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal / Resident Evil 4 / Simpsons: Hit & Run (GH) / Simpsons: Road Rage (GH) / Spider-Man 2 / Tony Hawk's Underground
GTA: San Andreas has no instruction manual
GTA 3 has a broken case and the game is scratched up (seems to randomly play)
A few decent games, and i didn't have any of these. $7.50

042410002.jpg

XBox: 5 games, all but one in good condition. I don't have an XBox, so these are untested.
Brute Force / Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2005 Adventures / Forza Motorsport / Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Halo (no instruction manual and a broken case)
None of these look that good, but they were cheap. $2.50

042410005.jpg

PC: Hello Kitty: Cutie World (the paper case is rather beat) 50 cents
PS: Tenchu (complete) 50 cents
GBC: lime GBC (works fine, but missing battery cover) $1
These were at two different sales.

I didn't really notice much video game stuff at all, but most of what i saw was well priced. Only two items were overpriced (a small bag of SNES games and an XBox Guitar Hero guitar). Passed on a few PC games and strategy guides (all well priced at 50 cents each) and a PS1 bundle with 4 or 5 games.

[quote name='shrike4242']Keep the racist commentary out of the thread, please.[/QUOTE]
why was mine taken out it was not racist, it was a joke, and i used proper terms

This weekend's finds (click on pics for full-size):

PS2 .hack//Infection (complete w/DVD)
PS2 Persona 3 FES (new & sealed)
PS2 Psychonauts (complete)
PS Jade Cocoon (disc, manual, front insert; rear insert missing)
PS Breath of Fire III (disc only), $10 for all

This sale had a lot of games, but these were really the only titles that caught my eye. The two Playstation games came out of a CD wallet and unfortunately are missing stuff, but at least I can play the games themselves (and hopefully piece them back together over time). The guy selling said his wife was making him sell off his collection and we talked about some of the games for a bit. This is the first Persona game I've ever bought, but I'm not sure if I should start with this one or wait until I've obtained some of the earlier entries.

Psychonauts is a sort of duplicate; I already own the Xbox version, but I'm so fond of this game I just had to have it on PS2 as well. I remember playing Breath of Fire II on the SNES a long, long time ago, so I'm looking forward to playing part III, to see how well the series made the leap beyond the 16-bit era.

NES DuckTales
GB Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition (Yellow Version), $6 for both

Not much to be said for these two. I didn't think I owned DuckTales. Turns out I already do. Oh well. I used to carry a list around with me, but I always forget to update it, and I don't have one of those snazzy phones that let you look at web pages or documents. Blah.

6 empty game cases (NFL 2K missing manual), FREE

Always better to give orphans a home than to allow them to meet with the trash can. And who can't use an extra un-cracked DC case now and then? Warcraft: Battle Chest actually has a disc in it: Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. I have no idea if that's an actual game or just an expansion, but... there ya go.

NES AC adapter, $1
N64 standard expansion port cartridge (the one the system comes with by default), $1
N64 power adapter, $1
GC Game Boy Player (no disc), $2.50
PS2 Slim power adapter, $5

These are just little odds and ends I picked up from various sales during my travels this weekend. The N64 cartridge actually came from the same sale as the DC controller below, but I figured it made more sense being grouped with these other items. The Game Boy Player is, of course, useless without the disc, but as luck would have it, I picked up a disc by itself a couple months back so she's now complete. I love when that happens. As for the PS2 power adapter, I have an orphan slim that needed this, so that's all buttoned-up now, too.

PS3 MotorStorm ("Not for Resale"/pack-in version??, complete), $3

If I remember, this game was a pack-in with one of the earlier versions of the PS3. It has bi-lingual packaging which is kinda different. Maybe it's from Canada or something?

SEGA CD NFL's Greatest: San Francisco vs. Dallas (complete)
SEGA CD Silpheed (complete)
SEGA CD Puggsy (complete)
GEN Kid Chameleon (complete)
GEN Dynamite Headdy (complete), $15 for all

NFL's Greatest? *shrug*. I don't know, just fillin' in the collection. These were priced $5 each; I offered $15 for the bunch and it was accepted. Man, I've been wanting a nice complete copy of Dynamite Headdy for forever! I played this game a lot on the Sega Channel at a pal's house, and I've had the loose cartridge for a while, but I'm a fan and wanted it nice and complete.

Kid Chameleon is cool, cause the game cartridge is from the Mega Drive version, with four different languages inside the manual; English and a handful of others (I forget which). I wonder if this was how the game was originally shipped, since non-collectors don't usually have the habit of completing orphan games and manuals, and these came from some couple who didn't look like they were in the habit of fretting over such things.

NDS Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (inside Naruto: Path of the Ninja case)
Wii Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (complete), $8 for both

I saw Naruto but passed over it since I don't know a thing about it, and didn't feeling like buying it "just because". Luckily, my friend is more curious than me; he opened it, found Castlevania inside and handed it over to me. That was a nice little reminder to always take that extra second to look over, under, and inside when it comes to yard sales. I would'a missed out on that!

Metroid is complete and in fantastic condition. Good times.

DC Official Sega Dreamcast controller (new, unused in beat-up box), $2

This came from the same sale as the N64 cartridge above. I guess I got there late because there were no systems or games left. I really need to stop buying DC controllers, but this one's new! I had to have it! Right?

And now for my favorite find of the weekend...

Four strategy guides: Bubsy I & II, Sonic 1 & 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, $5 for all

I'm guessing these are neither very rare nor valuable, but I don't really care. I love finding old school strategy guides, and for such an iconic character. While there may be lots of games I've played or enjoyed more, the Sonic series on Genesis just totally strikes a chord with me. I have such fond memories of them, and whenever I've got one of them nearby, I'm always down for playing a few stages. To have found all of the strategy guides for the core series at one yard sale is just killer.

The funniest part is that the guides are kind of lame -- at least, as far as useful details and strategies go. They're mostly filled with huge, full-color art on each page, with 3 or 4 little screenshots of various points throughout the game (all sizzle and no steak, or at least very little). The accompanying text often reads like ad copy, but I guess if you're really bad at these games, the guides do offer a few pointers for traversing some of the more difficult sections.

As for Bubsy, that one came along because it was there. Like I said, I really like the old strategy guides, if for no other reason than I couldn't afford them when I was a kid (I barely had enough money for the game!). I'll never turn down a pre-32-bit era guide. And heck, I played a little Bubsy back in the day. Not a favorite, but they were alright.

So that's it. Nothing earth-shattering this weekend, but some fun little bits and pieces for my collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I probably went to 10-15 garage sales this weekend. The only game I saw on sale was Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith for the XBox. Pretty disappointing.

I can't wait for the garage sale season to start here. We've had sporadic sales, but the weather's been too bad for anything major.

My city's having their annual city-wide garage sale the 15th and 16th, but wouldn't you know it, that's also the days of the Motor City Comic Con. Looks like I have a decision to make.

[quote name='allyourblood']

And now for my favorite find of the weekend...

Four strategy guides: Bubsy I & II, Sonic 1 & 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, $5 for all.[/QUOTE]
I said it before & I'll say it again. I hate you. ;)

[quote name='allyourblood']As for Bubsy, that one came along because it was there. Like I said, I really like the old strategy guides, if for no other reason than I couldn't afford them when I was a kid (I barely had enough money for the game!). I'll never turn down a pre-32-bit era guide. And heck, I played a little Bubsy back in the day. Not a favorite, but they were alright.

[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? :)

I loved Bubsy back in the day!

Of course, I only had an SNES . . . so I couldn't play Sonic.

I agree that the old guides are cool.

[quote name='Segasonic01']I said it before & I'll say it again. I hate you. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry! If I run across any duplicates, you'll be the first to know!

[quote name='schultzed']Are you kidding? :)

I loved Bubsy back in the day!

Of course, I only had an SNES . . . so I couldn't play Sonic.

I agree that the old guides are cool.[/QUOTE]

Well, Bubsy kinda hit around that time when every 3rd party developer was rushing to release a platformer starring some sort of (hopefully) memorable mascot. I weighed the Bubsy series rather shrewdy against the merits of more well-established games and while it was fun, it didn't rank among the absolute best. I'm gonna pop in the first one right now and see how it stacks up today.

And if I get stuck... I've got the guide! :lol:

I bet allyourblood has a network of friends who hit all the garage sales at the crack of dawn. I also bet allyourblood lives in my area, which is why I never find ANYTHING game related.

[quote name='Tardcore']I bet allyourblood has a network of friends who hit all the garage sales at the crack of dawn. I also bet allyourblood lives in my area, which is why I never find ANYTHING game related.[/QUOTE]

That's a "no" on both accounts, but the rest of my family do check out yard sales on occasion. None of them are as dedicated as myself, though; certainly not enough to go every weekend. They seem to go more like once a month or so. I'd say every 5-6 months my mom or dad will call me up with some really cool find, which is always a treat.

I almost always hit the 'sales with my friend, who luckily no longer shops for the same stuff as me. My brother-in-law will also come along now and then, but he seems to enjoy hanging out a lot more than actually buying anything. I owe more than a few good pick-ups to him because he's a real, dyed-in-the-wool digger: while I will give boxes and bins a real quick once-over, he's the type to take everything out, right down to the bottom. More than once he's found a good game or book after I've already dug through the same box. The coolest part is that 9 times out of 10, he's just looking for stuff that I like.

Yard saling with a friend is just leagues better than going it alone. Two pairs of eyes, backup for when you're haggling, extra cash when you hit on something really good but don't have enough money, someone to hold onto your stuff while you dig in a box (or in your pocket for change), etc.

I find that when I shop alone, I almost always find less stuff. I get bored sooner and leave quicker than I would with someone else around to joke with. I highly recommend coaxing a friend or sibling to join the hunt, which makes hitting 40-50 sales in one day a good time, regardless of what stuff you find.

[quote name='darkslime']it sucks when your friend is looking for the same stuff though.[/QUOTE] Pro: my friends don't like the same stuff I do

Con: my friends don't like the same stuff I do

I usually ride solo which sux a bit

If I tried hitting 40-50 sales, I'm sure anything past # 20 would have been all clothes and ugly table lamps. Just the area I'm in, I guess.

You guys know how I could access the cag wiki guide for yard sale? I keep clicking the link on the front page and it brings me to CAG's main page. I also tried googling it and it brings me to CAG.

allyourblood, if you don't have a phone that lets you look at files and stuff a PSP will do just fine. Just put a text file on there and access it via bookmark in the internet browser. Put your list in notepad and copy it over to your PSP and your good to go, that is of course if you don't mind carrying your PSP with you to yard sales.

There might be a better way to access a text file on the PSP, but that is the only one I know of for now.

[quote name='SaraAB']allyourblood, if you don't have a phone that lets you look at files and stuff a PSP will do just fine. Just put a text file on there and access it via bookmark in the internet browser. Put your list in notepad and copy it over to your PSP and your good to go, that is of course if you don't mind carrying your PSP with you to yard sales.

There might be a better way to access a text file on the PSP, but that is the only one I know of for now.[/QUOTE]

Ha! That's a good idea. Although the PSP might be kinda bulky, and might look a little weird at yard sales. Maybe I'll give it a shot though. Thanks!

I bought a PDA at a yard sale for $10. One of the HP iPAQs. The irony is, I now use that for my yard sale/clearance stuff. Damned sexy. Handles text files, images, and even has this great program called "ListPro." Just my reccomendation.

[quote name='dejeckt']You guys know how I could access the cag wiki guide for yard sale? I keep clicking the link on the front page and it brings me to CAG's main page. I also tried googling it and it brings me to CAG.[/QUOTE]

I'm also wondering about this. Has the CAG Wiki been quietly killed? In it's sleep, smothered with a pillow?

[quote name='allyourblood']Ha! That's a good idea. Although the PSP might be kinda bulky, and might look a little weird at yard sales. Maybe I'll give it a shot though. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Well I am a girl, therefore I carry a purse, which makes it easy for me to tote around everything I need. If you have a problem with space, you might want to try a tote bag, I have a nifty one with NES controllers all over it that I got from hot topic for like $5 that would definitely look ok if a guy was carrying it. You can probably pick up a generic one for 25 cents at a yard sale, or use a backpack (again bought at a yard sale). The bonus of a tote bag is that you can quickly shove whatever you are buying in it, after you paid of course. This helps especially when going to multiple yard sales in the same block.

The best way would probably have the text file already up, and then just flip the switch to put it into sleep mode then when you need to check just flip it on and your file is right there. You could also check inbetween sales.

[quote name='SaraAB']If you have a problem with space, you might want to try a tote bag, I have a nifty one with NES controllers all over it that I got from hot topic for like $5 that would definitely look ok if a guy was carrying it. [/QUOTE]

There exists no such tote bag that is acceptable for a man to carry, unless it is being used to carry ammo in wartime. The end.

[quote name='Ash Burton']There exists no such tote bag that is acceptable for a man to carry, unless it is being used to carry ammo in wartime. The end.[/QUOTE]

Real men find it difficult to say "tote bag".

[quote name='Ash Burton']There exists no such tote bag that is acceptable for a man to carry, unless it is being used to carry ammo in wartime. The end.[/QUOTE]

I used to carry a blue Jeep Cherokee over-the-shoulder deal that was probably designed for camping. Once that wore out I got a replacement Adidas bag that's probably designed for carrying sports equipment.

It's somewhat like one of these duffle bags http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Elite-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1272565611&sr=8-1 only more utilitarian. It was seriously useful when I had to carry a box of books from a Library sale about twenty blocks (I WILL NOT pay for parking).

It's pure weight distribution, and it looks ten times better than a backpack in my opinion.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Real men find it difficult to say "tote bag".[/QUOTE]

I call it "carry-all", bitches. It's big enough to carry somebody's collection of Playboy's down the street. If somebody pulls a knife on you it doubles as a flail.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I call it "carry-all", bitches. It's big enough to carry somebody's collection of Playboy's down the street. If somebody pulls a knife on you it doubles as a flail.[/QUOTE]

It's a European Carry-All!

[quote name='TiKi2']Might as well get a fanny pack while you are at it.[/QUOTE]

LOL then you would look like a tourist, which would be pretty funny. Maybe someone would give you a better deal on an item because they would feel sorry for your fashion choices. I haven't seen anyone use a fanny pack since the 90's at least.

I got all this at the same sale this morning for $20 total. Everything is complete and in good to mint condition:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II (Xbox)
CSI: NY Season 1
CSI: NY Season 2
CSI: NY Season 3
CSI: NY Season 4
Saw V: Unrated Director's Cut
Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay 2-Disc Unrated Edition

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Real men find it difficult to say "tote bag".[/QUOTE]

All you have to say is "No, it's a satchel... Indiana Jones has one. "

tom[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ro[/FONT][FONT=&quot]w's gonna be the fi[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rst day I eve[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r attentively go to a ya[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rd sale...so natu[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rally I need a little advice ^^
A
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]re semi big (bigge[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r than a conventional ya[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rd sale, but smalle[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r than a swapmeet) cha[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rity ya[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rd sale (cha[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rity ya[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rd sale fo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r a ch[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ristian school's football team i think) wo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rth a visit (the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]re is no [/FONT][FONT=&quot]actual listing of what they have). What should I look fo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r when looking at ads at c[/FONT][FONT=&quot]raigslist (bunch of ya[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rdsales and lists games...but nothing mo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]re specific then that).
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Thnx[/FONT]

[quote name='dejeckt']tom[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ro[/FONT][FONT=&quot]w's gonna be the fi[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rst day I eve[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r attentively go to a ya[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rd sale...so natu[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rally I need a little advice ^^
A
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]re semi big (bigge[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r than a conventional ya[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rd sale, but smalle[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r than a swapmeet) cha[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rity ya[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rd sale (cha[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rity ya[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rd sale fo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r a ch[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ristian school's football team i think) wo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rth a visit (the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]re is no [/FONT][FONT=&quot]actual listing of what they have). What should I look fo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r when looking at ads at c[/FONT][FONT=&quot]raigslist (bunch of ya[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rdsales and lists games...but nothing mo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]re specific then that).
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Thnx[/FONT]
[/QUOTE]a large charity sale is generally only worth to if you go right when it opens because lots of people will be going. nothing really specific to look for on craigslist, just go to the ones that list games and all the others you see along the way

[quote name='darkslime']a large charity sale is generally only worth to if you go right when it opens because lots of people will be going. nothing really specific to look for on craigslist, just go to the ones that list games and all the others you see along the way[/QUOTE]

yea im kinda hesitant on this one, don't have nuff time to spare time (work tomorrow....urrgh). I made a run by earlier today and saw them unloading furniture and piles of clothes.

I am going to quit while I am ahead today. Went to a yard sale that was advertised on craigslist. My haul consisted of Super Mario Sunshine x 1 Super Smash Bros Melee x 1 Kirby Air Ride x 1 Liberty City Stories for PSP and PS2 x 1 a metal PSP carrying case with some PSP games and misc accessories and two nintendo gamecube controllers all for ten dollars. :)

You overpaid.. Even for kids games, those are horrible.

The weather outside this morning is extremely cloudy, and running about 40-45 degrees. Normally, this would scare off yard sellers, but around here they get motivated to work harder/stronger/faster and I miss out to early birds. When it's cloudy, people are out at 6am. Utah is seriously like no other place you've ever worked the sales at. Everything here is ass backwards. We shall see what today turns up..

bread's done
Back