Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

I got some stuff today

2 OLD handheld games, from the early 80's

Coleco Alien Attack
Entex Pac Man 2

Paid 1$ each, pac man is missing the battery cover, but they wanted $2 each and I got them down to $2 for both

Wario Smooth Moves for Wii - $10 , had $15 got them down to $10, perfect condition

Huge lot of plug n play games for $4.50, I usually see these for around $5 each here which is way too much but this house had them cheap and I netted about 7-8 games for $4.50.

[quote name='SaraAB']
Wario Smooth Moves for Wii - $10 , had $15 got them down to $10, perfect condition

[/QUOTE]

Nicely played . . . Smooth Moves (next to Zelda TP) is probably my favorite Wii game.

[quote name='schultzed']Nicely played . . . Smooth Moves (next to Zelda TP) is probably my favorite Wii game.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it yet but I heard it was getting hard to find (its obviously out of print and not available in stores anymore) so I figured $10 was a good price, since gamestop obviously charges a lot more and this game came with case, manual, no stickers and an unused club nintendo code.

I haven't seen a Wii game for sale yet, this is the first time, but it is the right time for people to start getting sick of the Wii.

This weekend i went to a community sale

this was all in a box marked $20 - took $15 for the lot
included:
:ds:
(all complete except one)
bests of tests ds (cart only)
animal crossing wild world
anno 1701
big brain academy
brain age
brain age 2
brain boost beta wave
brain boost gamma wave
flash focus
my word coach
four ds cartridge holders
-three hold three each
-one holds eight

another booth same sale:

wanted 5 a game/game shark and 2 each for the guides.
(had an advance for $30, 23 games for it, and several other systems way overpriced (i seem to remember a $150 xbox))
anyways i cherry picked these and paid $15
pokemon silver/gold guide, pokemon crystal guide, pokemon mystery dungeon guide
gba gameshark - includes gameshark/ pc disc/ link cable
pokemon ruby
pokemon silver (in gb cartridge case)
pokemon crystal (in gb cartridge case)

at just a regular yard sale

the above was $2 plus a mario wallet and a wooden eagle that hangs on the wall
includes:
2 giant buttons (michaelango button, and TMNT the movie)
NES power adapter first party
NES rf adapter first party
playstation a/v cables
virtual boy controller
nintendo napkins NIP x3

not pictured but at another sale got a
MIP sega genesis core unit with 2 controllers
fender guitar case
some music books
$5

Late post from the weekend.

At a local flea market:
Tsugunai: Atonement for PS2 $4
Silent Hill black label for PS1 $5

Both complete and near mint condition.

On Craiglist I found a guy selling a complete 80G PS3 that was not recognizing movies or games for $60. There is a shop nearby that repairs game systems so I figured I would have $60 in repairs and have a working PS3 for $120. When I went to pick it up, the guy put a movie in and it did not recognize the disc. He said he had bought it from a friend and was just wanting his money back.

After buying the system I took it directly to the shop. It worked with no problems! He said the previous owner was probably not using a properly grounded socket (apparently something the old fatties required). The original Sony seal is intact and aside from a few scuffs to the exterior it is in great shape.

This past weekend's finds (click pics for full size):

GEN Altered Beast (missing manual), 6-Pak (complete), Arcade Classics (complete), Home Alone (complete), $8 for all
SNES Tetris & Dr. Mario, Yoshi's Island, Tetris Attack, Super Mario All-Stars, $10 for all
GC Pokemon Box memory card
DS Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (complete), $7 for both

I'm most excited about 6-Pak and Arcade Classics. I already have these games, but they're both cartridge-only and I pretty much never see these games complete. More than that, they're in excellent condition; they look like someone just opened them. Very cool!

The Pokemon Box memory card really stings. I mean, it's a cool little find, but obviously the best part is missing: the game! I asked the guy who was selling if he had the game that goes with it, but he said no, and didn't seem to know which one I was talking about. I'm guessing the game sold by itself earlier that morning. Oh well, someday... At least now I have the memory card in case I find the game by itself.

XB Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
DC 102 Dalmatians, Frogger 2, Vanishing Point, Walt Disney World Magical Racing Tour, Xtreme Sports, (everything complete), $10 for all

These Dreamcast titles may not be award winners, but with the exception of Magical Racing Tour, I didn't have them in my collection yet, so I was very excited to have found them. They're all in pretty good shape, too. My DC collection is approaching the 100 mark.

SNES Super Advantage controller in box, $4.50
GB Original Game Boy in carrying case with 3 games (Panel Action Bingo, Tetris, Tetris 2) and manuals, $7
Table Top arcade Frogger game, $2

I probably overpaid for the Super Advantage, but I just to rescue it! It still has its box! The seller wanted five dollars for it, and I argued for $3 and then $4 until I was blue in the face, but he wasn't having it. He leaned a little and said he'd do $4.50. Fine.

The Game Boy was a neat little find. It's like my billionth one, but I didn't have Bingo or Tetris 2 yet, so I had to have it. He wanted $10 for everything. I asked if he'd sell a couple of the games separate and he said, "Sure. Five bucks each". I told him most folks wouldn't give him more than $5 for everything and he countered with $8. I offered $7 and he accepted. Some people are just weird.

That Frogger game is actually the second one I've bought. I had one years ago in far worse shape and I ended up selling it because the peeling and faded stickers drove me nuts. This one is pretty nice overall, but the top sticker is half torn-off. Darn kids (or whoever). I'll probably keep this one and display it.

Odds & ends:

DC NCAA 2K2 College Football: Road to the Rose Bowl (complete)
PSX Final Fantasy IX (missing manual and disc 1), $2 for both
SNES Super Nintendo (no cables), $1
XB Project Snowblind, Galleon, Steel Battalion, $5 for all

Another DC game off my list. Yay! I won't be playing it, but somehow I don't think that's gonna upset anyone.

Final Fantasy IX is my first copy of the game and sadly, it's missing disc 1. It's missing the manual too, but that's not as big of a deal. I always buy these orphan games when they're cheap because I almost always end up finding the missing pieces later on.

Finally, the Xbox games were a really cool find because I can't find my copy of Steel Battalion and I want to test one of my SB controllers. Perfect!

NES Defender II, American Gladiators, Quattro Sports, Big Nose the Caveman, Tiny Toon Adventures, DuckTales, Motor City Patrol, Sesame Street Countdown, Millipede, Ms. Pac-Man, Freedom Force, Crystalis, Mega Man 3, Balloon Fight, Wrecking Crew, Adventure Island 3, Monopoly (with manual and poster), 9 game sleeves, $12 for all

Aw yeah, finally got a copy of Crystalis! I've been looking for this game for a good price (and in good condition) for a while and now I've got it. Can't wait to play it. Balloon Fight was another game that I've wanted for a while. I used to play this a lot as a kid, so this title carries a little nostalgia with it. Adventure Island 3 was the icing on the cake. This is only the second time I've seen it in the wild; I sold my last copy years back and figured I'd never see it again. This one's staying put.

This weekend also marks my NES collection breaking the 300 mark!

damn where do you guys find this stuff? do i have to hit up the nice neighborhoods, go to 100+ garage sales every saturday, or both?

[quote name='TheHelix']damn where do you guys find this stuff? do i have to hit up the nice neighborhoods, go to 100+ garage sales every saturday, or both?[/QUOTE]
both, but sometimes the "nice" neighborhoods overprice things, sometimes they're really cheap since they want to sell it (too much money) same goes for the "bad neighborhoods" you get lucky sometimes ;)

[quote name='TheHelix']damn where do you guys find this stuff? do i have to hit up the nice neighborhoods, go to 100+ garage sales every saturday, or both?[/QUOTE] The nice neighborhoods like to use the word "ebay" a lot.

It's pretty rare for me to find good stuff at nicer neighborhoods, cause they're usually priced higher than even ebay. Maybe because they think they owned it, so it's worth more....

But occassionally, nicer neighborhoods will have some of the best deals. I bought an NES set from a nicer neighborhood 2 weeks ago, and some great N64 games and an SNES in a nice neighborhood too.

Yeah, my better finds usually come from the low income parts of town. I will find good stuff on occasion in the wealthier parts of town, but in my experience, upper income families don't tend to hang onto the old stuff very long. I'll find things like Wii and 360 games, but for NES, Genesis, etc., I usually have to go to the more run-down neighborhoods.

Nicer neighborhoods don't need the money as much so may sell for cheaper, OR don't need the money as much, so aren't desperate and will wait for someone to buy it at their price. Poorer neighborhoods may be more desperate to get rid of things because they need the money more, however they also need MORE money so they may price high. I just go all over and think "I'm bound to find something in one of these neighborhoods!" On the other hand, it's probably more likely for nice neighborhoods to have already bought the current gen systems and have already gotten rid of their old ones, or maybe they just have had them sitting around since they bought the new ones. Poorer neighborhoods may still be playing on the previous gen systems because they may not be able to afford nicer ones, so may not be selling quiet yet. It really just depends on each individual family haha.

And yes it is true that nicer neighborhoods are more likely to have heard and been able to research their items on eBay, but they also may not care about eBay and just want to get rid of their stuff. Sorry if what I have typed makes no sense at all lmfao! It makes sense in my head.

Need some resource help please.

Saturday found a PS2/PC Cateye Gamebike set-up in the beat up, original box...not sure if all the components are there ... any site that I might get info on this 2002/2003 item?

Retail sticker reflects $149.99 original price...

[quote name='donut']Need some resource help please.

Saturday found a PS2/PC Cateye Gamebike set-up in the beat up, original box...not sure if all the components are there ... any site that I might get info on this 2002/2003 item?

Retail sticker reflects $149.99 original price...[/QUOTE]

I would guess you move that decimal one spot to the left on the original price and you would have it's current value. Around here specialty controllers have little to no value because they take up too much space and most are somewhat obscure.

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']Nicer neighborhoods don't need the money as much so may sell for cheaper, OR don't need the money as much, so aren't desperate and will wait for someone to buy it at their price. Poorer neighborhoods may be more desperate to get rid of things because they need the money more, however they also need MORE money so they may price high. I just go all over and think "I'm bound to find something in one of these neighborhoods!" On the other hand, it's probably more likely for nice neighborhoods to have already bought the current gen systems and have already gotten rid of their old ones, or maybe they just have had them sitting around since they bought the new ones. Poorer neighborhoods may still be playing on the previous gen systems because they may not be able to afford nicer ones, so may not be selling quiet yet. It really just depends on each individual family haha.

And yes it is true that nicer neighborhoods are more likely to have heard and been able to research their items on eBay, but they also may not care about eBay and just want to get rid of their stuff. Sorry if what I have typed makes no sense at all lmfao! It makes sense in my head.[/QUOTE]

It could pretty much go both ways, a nicer neighborhood might want more for their stuff, or they might not care and just want rid of it. Though from talking to richer families it seems they just throw stuff away when they don't want it and its taking up space because they don't want to bother having a yard sale. I shudder to think of what gets thrown out...

The poorer neighborhood is the same way really, they might be so desperate for money that they will take anything or they might have overpriced stuff because they need it that badly. Though if they have overpriced stuff, probably none of the people coming to their sale will be able to afford it so that strategy will backfire miserably. People don't have cars in the poorer neighborhoods so they often come to sales on foot which means you are getting people from around the neighborhood within a mile or so, so you have to price accordingly to that.

I can tell you one thing for sure, if you have overpriced stuff at your sale, like WAY overpriced people will just walk away without buying ANYTHING or even looking at the stuff. At least in my area. People do not want to buy from an overpriced seller out of principle, if they feel stuff is overpriced they just walk away completely. I run into this ALL the time.

Another thing for sure, if you set up a sale and the house next to you or down the street is overpriced and you sell your stuff for cheap, you can easily take all the business away from your neighbor, they will get left with all their junk and you will have at least half of your stuff gone. Ran into this one a couple weeks ago, one woman with a dirt cheap yard sale, one with overpriced and unwilling to budge on prices, guess who sold all their stuff and who didn't sell one item.

I've had teh most luck asking people in their 50's if they have anything. Scored a complete atari and nes with a dozen games for ten bucks over the weekend. People in their 50's would have had kids in the 80's (like me) and have the best chance of stuff sitting in their basement that they dont want. To them its just stuff their kids didn't take when they moved out. They brought out a box with an atari 2600, nes, n64, and ps2. I thought it was odd that there was no SNES or genesis. When I got home the shoebox full of NES games had 2 SNES controllers and a SNES game protector in it, so I know they had one. I actually went back and asked really nicely but they swore up and down there weren't anymore games.

First actual post in here, so please be gentle....

Friday I was running errands and came across a sale. Got these

asked $5 each, I offered $10, met at $12. I like those electronic games, and turtles 3 NES and Megaman SNES are games I haven't seen in the wild. Also got a Windows98 book with COA for $.50 . eh... why not

Saturday started out going to a few garage sales advertising games. The first one advertised a PS1 with a few good games, but it was gone by the time I got there. Next sale had some older pc equipment that I should've bought, but didn't really NEED. They also had these
img066j.th.jpg
$1 each. I asked if they had anything else, but he said nothing they wanted to get rid of. Fair nuff
I then proceeded down to one of the local flea markets.

img074.th.jpg

Found these in a box of Genesis systems and games. He wanted $50 for everything (Nothing really special). I asked for individual games, he said $2. I offered 3 for $5 which he rebuked. I went ahead and gave him the $6.
Further down the row I spotted a few more genesis games.
img073y.th.jpg

Again offered 3 for $5, ended up paying $6. I was walking away when I spotted these
img071c.th.jpg

Picked them up, and they guy said "yeah, those go with the system." I looked around and didn't see anything, so he showed me.
img068h.th.jpg

img069a.th.jpg

He asked for $40, I offered $30, we met at $35 and I got him to throw a few Intellivision games in with it. A Fairchild Channel F System!! First I've ever seen, and it looks brand spankin' new! The box looks kinda plain, anyone have info on that? But anyways, the box is in decent condition, but the system looks soooooooo nice.

Later I found these
img076h.th.jpg

asked $2 each, I offered $3 for both (last games he had) and he took it. Already have Starfox, but needed Turtles 4.

On the way home I stopped at a few sales. Not much, but picked these up
img075i.th.jpg

Asking $20, I offered $13 which he took. The guy was pretty big on anime. Told me he paid almost $300 for the Trigun series box set, which came with a bullet necklace, which he was wearing. He also told me to get Hellsing. So I'll be on the lookout for that.

That's about it. Pretty stoked about the Fairchild. I have another good catch I'll share later.

I just realized how horrible the pics are with my phone. Sorry bout that!

Hit 2 garage sales today.
Not much to be had. Found a spare pair of North Face shoes for $1.00 and a white bookcase.
Was $4.50 IAP but offered $4 just cause I love to bargain and she said sure.
Already added my games and will post pics later.

Best score in awhile..Happened to see this on a table on my way to work today. Perfect condition Stay Puft Marshmallow man coin bank!! This thing is like a foot tall and mint. Also picked up Ps2 game Manhunt. Pretty jacked about this..I havent seen one since I was a kid.

DSC06412.jpg

On the subject of neighborhoods, I find my best stuff in fairly new, upper middle class cookie cutter neighborhoods. There's an area here with nothing but those, and almost everybody who lives there works at Raytheon so they know about technology and have video games. That's where I find the best stuff.

I picked up an NES this morning for $5, but I think I know why it was $5. :( When I put the cartridge in, the tray doesn't lock when pushed down. I just get a blinking light when I turn it on. I'm not very knowledgable about these, so is there anything I can do to fix it?

Found Earthworm Jim SNES for $2; loved those games :D

Oh, and finally found a mouse and mousepad ($2) for the Mario Paint game my cousin gave me 5 years ago. haha

do2bgl.jpg

$2. It's my first complete SNES game, and it had to be this huge one. Anyway there seem to be a few things that don't belong such as the posters and the manual for a SNES system.

Mario Paint is a good pickup... I had SO much fun with that game when it came out between making music and animated shorts. I wish they would make a new Mario Paint. It was fun as hell.

Picked up 2 NES systems, a joystick thingy, two controllers, a power and RF cable, and about 15 games for $25 just now. Pics coming once I get them sorted out.

I went to a yard sale today where everything was $.50. It was a guy cleaning out a trailer full of old stuff. Lucked up on......

• a bare SNES system
  • 2x NES cartridge cases (the plastic kind that hold like 10-12 games)
  • 4 NES games (SMB, mario/duck hunt x2, and mario/track meet/duck hunt)
  • and a SNES cart with no label. I cleaned it up and it turned out to be TMNT IV: Turtles in Time! - I was expecting it to just be some random sports game.

Not too bad for $4 total

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']
and a SNES cart with no label. I cleaned it up and it turned out to be TMNT IV: Turtles in Time! - I was expecting it to just be some random sports game. [/QUOTE]

I was at a pawn shop and they had an SNES game w/o a label. I asked the lady how much for it and she said it would normally be $5, but since I was buying other stuff I could just have it. Like you, I was expecting Griffey baseball or some other sports game but it ended up being Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. I was pretty happy!

I had a bad week, this time I only got a DS Lite case for 25 cents. I saw some SNES games for $3 each that now I wish I'd bought: Kirby Super Star, Donkey Kong Country 3, and Lost Vikings 2. I tried to get them for lower but they wouldn't budge, which is why I passed.

Lost Vikings 2? Umm..

That was a really, really stupid thing to do. The best price I could find through ebay/amazon/half is $42. A complete one goes for quite a bit more, which makes it a must for any personal collection by my standards. In fact, all three of those games you listed are good additions -- Super Star usually averages about $30-$40 too. Can't believe you passed for $3.

*shakes head*

[quote name='jaysapathy']
Can't believe you passed for $3.

*shakes head*[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more, $3 was a fucking steal.

Lost vikings, even if it was worth nothing, is fun as hell.

[quote name='Shazyzang']I tried to get them for lower but they wouldn't budge, which is why I passed.[/QUOTE]

One has to be careful about this.

Try not to dig your heels in. It's easy to get carried away and piss them off.

Did you try the package approach? "How about $6 for 3 of them?" no, well "$7 is pretty good" (give a slight smile and nod your head while pitching--have the cash in hand).

Asked about video games old guy says yeh come here like he had some secret to show me. He had snes and genesis stashed on the side. I ask how much he said $5 each. A bunch of shit games. Guy was a bit of a prick.Only games that were half decent were mario kart and street fighter 2 alpha. Passed on this sale.

Picked up 7 atari 2600 games today for $12, out of the 7, 3 of em were great finds-

Mr. Do's Castle
Miner 2049er Vol. 2
Jawbreaker

Also picked up a NEW DS3 for $10!! i needed one too, my old one is shot.

Now for my question, one of the atari carts i bought looks homemade. It's a regular square atari 2600 cart (blank) , but at the top it has a chip connection with a chip connected to it with a sticker on the chip that says MouseTrap handwritten. It also has a toggle switch in the upper left hand corner. Can anyone help me on this? I also just noticed the chip says NEC Japan.

Thanks

[quote name='lude21']
Now for my question, one of the atari carts i bought looks homemade. It's a regular square atari 2600 cart (blank) , but at the top it has a chip connection with a chip connected to it with a sticker on the chip that says MouseTrap handwritten. It also has a toggle switch in the upper left hand corner. Can anyone help me on this? I also just noticed the chip says NEC Japan.

Thanks[/QUOTE]It could possibly be a prototype. Open it up and take a picture of the board.

Got some good finds today:

b4w047.jpg

Classic Donkey Kong in the SMB3 box was 50 cents
Bratz Rock Angels was 50 cents
The PS1 games were 25 cents apiece
Bratz and the PS1 games are going to Bookman's later today unless anyone wants them.

4iebub.jpg

Pink Floyd - The Division Bell - $1.99
MS Office Student & Teacher w/ key - $12.99
Clock Tower 3 - $3.99
Buffy Chaos Bleeds and FF Tactics guide were both $5

2njfujl.jpg

Bucket of Yu-Gi-Oh cards was $1. Doesn't look to be anything great but I'll just give them to one of my friends.

335co7a.jpg

Conker, Hoshigami, Fear Effect 2, and Final Doom were $55.97 total.

og008m.jpg

Tide of Iron was $9.99, Rush Hour was 15 cents.

10wv5zp.jpg

MOTHERfuckING BLASTOISE! 50 cents! Probably gonna give to a friend.

And the best find!!!!!!

286yxz.jpg

24gu8sy.jpg

HOW MUCH DID I PAY?!?!?
25i3vgp.jpg

Disc in good condition with some scratches, manual is a little water damaged on the back pages. I was looking through shelf. crappy cds, 5 copies of starcraft, sims expansion packs, SUIKODEN II!!!! I loudly exclaimed "Holy shit" in the store and the employee stocking shelves looked at me funny. Looked all around for more RPGs, but all I found was a PS1 w/ screen that was priced $39.99...

[quote name='TiKi2']Asked about video games old guy says yeh come here like he had some secret to show me. He had snes and genesis stashed on the side. I ask how much he said $5 each. A bunch of shit games. Guy was a bit of a prick.Only games that were half decent were mario kart and street fighter 2 alpha. Passed on this sale.[/QUOTE]Why? I would've bought the SNES bundle at least, you can sell the system for $50 and Mario Kart for $10-25.

Found a guy selling PSP 1000 today and some crummy PS2 garbage at a yard sale. Here is how the conversation went.

Me: How much for the PSP?
Guy: I'm not just going to give it away for nothing.
Me: How much are you asking for it?
Guy: I think a friend of mine wants it, but if you offer me more it's yours. Hold on - (yells to another lady) Jamie, how much did John say he would pay for the PSP?
Jamie: He doesn't want it!
Guy: Ok, let me call Gamestop, and whatever they charge, I'll sell it to you for $10 less than that.
Me: (Knowing that Gamestop charges 90ish for refurbed with warranty) Umm.
Guy: I'll be right back
*Guy walks inside to call*

I leave

Thought I might have had my first good find in ages, but no such luck.

These are from last weekend--$2 a piece:

I got these to flip but Jedi Knight II has no value . . . anyone want it? (for the shipping cost).

Friday this week started with:

The guy accepted $4 (complete).

Complete copy of Rayman for $1.

This stuff is probably $800 original retail . . .

But the guy accepted $15. Nothing remarkable but the DVD remote could be a nice extra when I sell the system.

I think I need to offer less (in some cases). I gathered these at one sale (with one exercise DVD not pictured--a flip worth about $6) . . .

and offered $25 which was accepted. I immediately thought I should have pushed for $20. FF7 is near mint and complete.

A sale advertised games and I didn't get there until 15 min. after . . . but still found this:

Marked $30, the woman took $20. I figured the complete copy of Star Fox would offset the purchase. Nice bonus when I found SSB Melee (disc only) in the system.

This cart

Was also in the box . . . a little bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
40+ sales today and I struck out hard. No videogame deals to be found. I did not leave empty handed though. I got the Thriller cassette for 10 cents.

[quote name='darkslime']I was looking through shelf. crappy cds, 5 copies of starcraft, sims expansion packs, SUIKODEN II!!!! I loudly exclaimed "Holy shit" in the store[/QUOTE]

I LOVE that feeling. Nothing here . . . but I'll keep looking just in case and then BOOM.

[quote name='schultzed']These are from last weekend--$2 a piece:

I got these to flip but Jedi Knight II has no value . . . anyone want it? (for the shipping cost).

Friday this week started with:

The guy accepted $4 (complete).

Complete copy of Rayman for $1.

This stuff is probably $800 original retail . . .

But the guy accepted $15. Nothing remarkable but the DVD remote could be a nice extra when I sell the system.

I think I need to offer less (in some cases). I gathered these at one sale (with one exercise DVD not pictured--a flip worth about $6) . . .

and offered $25 which was accepted. I immediately thought I should have pushed for $20. FF7 is near mint and complete.

A sale advertised games and I didn't get there until 15 min. after . . . but still found this:

Marked $30, the woman took $20. I figured the complete copy of Star Fox would offset the purchase. Nice bonus when I found SSB Melee (disc only) in the system.

This cart

Was also in the box . . . a little bonus.[/QUOTE]

Jedi Knight II, Academy and Galactic Battlegrounds Saga (?) all got a reprint through Scholastic Book clubs for kids. I saw them last year in the book order forms they sent home with my son. Academy went from $40 or so to nothing. The reprint might not have been just for scholastic but they were selling them.

5589bab710fdb75f3613859b833b88b9.jpg

Salvation Army finds from earlier in the week, posting them here and there's nothing you can do about it.
PS1 Digimon World - $2
SNES - $15

Nice clean SNES. Yellow ones gross me out. Already have cables and controllers so it's cool.

fa42c953e8ffa3dcfeabdf055a6239e0.JPG

Medicore PS1 games & co. Most were $1 or $2.

Tomb Raider 3, Lemmings & Oh No! More Lemmings, Tobal No. 1 (Japanese, w/ FF7 demo)
Vigilante 8 (GH), Twisted Metal 2 (GH), Weezer: The Green Album
Resident Evil 2 (no manual), N64 Turok 2

Cherry picked these from a few different sales...nothing really interesting, just stuff I don't have. Japanese Tobal 1 was a "eh, why not" pickup. Oh and Weezer. Pretty good album.

643825c1b3fdfdb1cb3e26674b931c22.JPG

Dreamcast controller CIB - $2
Game Boy: Super Mario Land - $2
GBA: Castlevania - Circle of the Moon - $2

I've never seen so many $10 PS2 sports games as there were at this sale. Once again my cherry picking instincts took over. It's kinda sad, the DC controller box had a KB Toys sticker on it, the poor thing was marked down to $2.99 from $24.99. Although KB was always a great source of clearance Sega games in my younger days.

[quote name='Shazyzang']I had a bad week, this time I only got a DS Lite case for 25 cents. I saw some SNES games for $3 each that now I wish I'd bought: Kirby Super Star, Donkey Kong Country 3, and Lost Vikings 2. I tried to get them for lower but they wouldn't budge, which is why I passed.[/QUOTE]

I would have gladly bought Kirby off you for $9 to pay for that whole lot =P

Ok, our finds today:

Was really tired yesterday and didn't want to get up early today, even passed out watching Se7en on TV, but GF woke me up around 6:45, cause she said she woke up at 5:00. Also wasn't too motivated cause there didn't seem to be much advertised that seemed interesting compared to the past 2 months. Was pleasantly surprised when we got to the trailer park community sale (didn't know it was a trailer park community sale till we got there). On the way there, we stopped at 2 potentially promising listings.

At the first one, they had old games advertised, but they were gone by the time we got there, even though they were still setting up. As I was walking away, something laying with the wireless routers caught my eye. I played around with it for about a minute before realizing it was a portable bluetooth keyboard. Folds up to a little bigger than a WD Passport. Didn't bother haggling, since it wasn't exactly expensive to begin with. It's something like $50-$100 new, but I was already looking for a bluetooth keyboard for my phone and PS3.

The second one had a listing saying lots of stuff all listed for $0.25 a piece, and was on the way to the community sale. He had some Gobots stuff, some Transformer VHS, and some He-man VHS. No toys for the three, unfortunately. Picked up all the Gobots stuff, just because I've never seen it in the wild. One of them is still sealed.

Paid $3 total. Highlight is Maken X from Atlus, and part of the long box case for Panzer Dragoon on Saturn. Talked a little with the owner, who was around our age. He had sold a Neo Geo and TurboGrafx system like 6 months ago to a used game store in town "for pennies", because no one was interested when he posted it on Craigslist. That hurt, cause I want a Neogeo system. The Hardy Boys book is for GF's brother, who has all but like 5 of the hardbacks, and we think 54 was one he was missing. Also not pictured is a Dreamcast Mic thingie.

Got to the trailer park sale. We checked out the price of one for sale, and was a little jealous -- $120,000 for about 1,800 sq ft. I couldn't get 200 sq ft for that price where I live.

Don't remember what came first, or how much I spent on some stuff, cause there's a lot.

Found a plug and play Tetris game for $0.50. The controls were interesting to me, so I wanted to try how well it worked.
dsc01114j.jpg

A lady was selling his 25 year old son's stuff, who was around. I complimented him on his tastes, which included Calvin and Hobbes, Fox Trot, complete genesis games, etc.

Paid $5 for these. May have overpaid now that I think about it, but oh well. It was like looking back at my middle school days.
dsc01111a.jpg

Same people, $10. Haven't opened all of them to see if they're complete, because they were super dusty, but the ones I did were. Didn't even notice Jurassic Park till we got home. They had already sold his Genesis system and some other stuff.

Picked this up for $3. Didn't realize it was a reprint, cause the condition seemed like it was older, so it's not worth much. Maybe $20 total. Probably shouldn't have bothered, but I did say I'd try to branch out.
dsc01116x.jpg

Same person (I think), and paid $5 for these and the lunchbox (I think). Almost picked up Wanted on dvd as well from him, but put it down last minute. The Narnia book I picked up because my GF likes Narnia.
dsc01117ur.jpg

Some lady had 3 PS1 games, was a '98 golf, one of the bass fishing games, and Cat in the Hat. Wanted $15 for the 3, I kept saying that's still too high, and my GF said she was getting annoyed with me. I didn't have any eye contact, so I had no idea. She said $3 for the 3, and I was still on the fence, cause I really only wanted them cause they're very minty for their age. Ended up picking up only Cat in the Hat for $1.

The top 3 games are from a guy trying to sell a genesis for $5 with no cables whatsoever. Wanted $1 a game also. He didn't have change for a $5, so I just picked up Dragon's Fury, which is in bad shape.

The bottom 4 were for $2. Bases loaded box is really good for the age. Third copy of Mario 2 recently, so definitely have to start selling these.

Bought the top 3 DVDs for $1 each. ZOMBIELAND FOR $1! YEA! (Still, I'll upgrade to bluray when I see it cheap, but hey, it's cheaper than renting it at Redbox even). And I think I might already have Blood: TLV from a Blockbuster closing sale, but that one was probably incomplete anyways.
dsc01113c.jpg

Went to a "free flea market" on the way home that we were planning on going to since a few weeks ago before we decided last minute to go east. They were nearing closing up, so we quickly went around to find deals.
Got the Pan's Labyrinth and Midsummer Night's Dream for $1 total.

Not pictured are 3 VTech playsets for $3 from the $0.25 games/Gobots sale for GF's niece. Cleaned up easily. Also a nice white coat for GF's niece for $3. Looks new. A book with Anne McAffrey and Orson Scott Card (2 of GF's favorite authors) war fictions for $1, and a Mercede Lackey book for $0.50.

Also got a PS1 Madcatz racing wheel for $2, but unfortunately, it didn't have the paddles. And 2 3D puzzles for $1 total (sealed Notre Dame and a lighthouse). And another stack of Pokemon cards for $1.

Finally, find of the day. At the trailer park, someone was selling his wife's old phone cause she had just upgraded. Scored an almost new LG Versa with charger and booklets for $30. Flipping this alone pays for more than everything I spent today (between $80 and $90).
dsc01118li.jpg

Edit: GF corrected me. She also got a dragon shaped kite for $3. Guess who'll be at the park tomorrow?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just stopped at one sale right around the corner at about 12 (surprised I found anything...) and got:

Animal Crossing Wild World (DS) complete
Cooking Mama (DS) complete
Pets: Bunnyz (DS) cart only

$5.00

For a less-than-5-minute trip total, I'm very happy :D

bread's done
Back