Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

Just picked up a PS2 with cables and a beat up Dualshock 2 controller for $25. I'm glad I didn't pay the $35 it would have been had I not talked them down cause the controller works, but is messed up and I still need to find an internet adapter since it's a phat. I didn't want a slim after reading the problems with Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm, which is one of the games I'm gonna get.

I really enjoy coming to the thread to check out everyone's finds. Great finds this week guys.

Darkslime I really don't flip gaming stuff. I usually keep all of them which ain't much. I've only sold 2-3 games this year.

[quote name='dabamus']Just picked up a PS2 with cables and a beat up Dualshock 2 controller for $25. I'm glad I didn't pay the $35 it would have been had I not talked them down cause the controller works, but is messed up and I still need to find an internet adapter since it's a phat. I didn't want a slim after reading the problems with Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm, which is one of the games I'm gonna get.[/QUOTE]

Dude do people still play ps2 online??
I got a few online titles if you wanna game one day.

[quote name='austenwithane']I leave

Thought I might have had my first good find in ages, but no such luck.[/QUOTE]

I really hate the ones that get away.

Last year, I spotted an NES system with 30-some games (some nice ones) . . . I was going to make an offer but the owner wasn't handy . . . so I went to a sale across the street. I came back a minute later (there wasn't a person in sight) and another guy got it for $15.

A different week, I asked about games and this woman pulls out a Gamecube with games (some pretty good ones). I say how much and she says $20. So, I say how about $15? Instantly she whips out her cell and calls her son. At this point, I notice that the system includes a Wavebird. But her son says no dice.

Damn, that one still bugs me.

[quote name='TiKi2']
Dude do people still play ps2 online??
I got a few online titles if you wanna game one day.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I'm planning on picking up SCCT since the Xbox 1 servers are entirely offline, PS2 and PC are the only options for it, and there are some people still playing SCCT on PS2.(only SvM though, coop servers are offline)

Also, I think SOCOM has a good online following last I knew.

I am back from a very epic haul of a total of 51 games for $20.25, which also included 5 brand new video game t-shirts and many promo items. The $20.25 price included everything I bought. The games are SNES, NES and PS1. Pics will be done later because there is so much stuff its going to take a while to sort through it all. I also hit a couple other pretty epic sales where I loaded up on all kinds of other goodies.

[quote name='dabamus']Yep. I'm planning on picking up SCCT since the Xbox 1 servers are entirely offline, PS2 and PC are the only options for it, and there are some people still playing SCCT on PS2.(only SvM though, coop servers are offline)

Also, I think SOCOM has a good online following last I knew.[/QUOTE]

Man I use to own in socom 1, not so much in 2. My clan was the best of the best we use to be called the dream team. Problem was all the damn cheaters . I Still have all the socoms and headset.

[quote name='SaraAB']I am back from a very epic haul of a total of 51 games for $20.25, which also included 5 brand new video game t-shirts and many promo items. The $20.25 price included everything I bought. The games are SNES, NES and PS1. Pics will be done later because there is so much stuff its going to take a while to sort through it all. I also hit a couple other pretty epic sales where I loaded up on all kinds of other goodies.[/QUOTE]

SaraAB I got a feeling I'm going to hate you alot after you post the pic.

Today was a tale of bitter struggles; the ps2 controller and memory card snagged for a dollar before my very eyes, the sims complete collection (for $1, but no manual or activation code), having to pass on $15 xbox 360 games and $10 DVD boxsets).

In the win column I got Super Mario Sunshine disc-only for $3 and some older pc games for 50 cents apiece (including Emperor: Battle for Dune and LOTR Battle for Middle Earth).

I had a pretty nice haul this weekend. Everything is up for sale except the Hot Chicks DVD, Dirty Sanchez blockbuster DVD, and Wild things DVD. Oh and the NFS 360 game. Just PM if interested.

I offered this guy $2 for both, he countered w/ $3, I accepted.

DSCN0425.jpg

I offered a lady $1 for this because it looked cool, she accepted

DSCN0426.jpg

Guy wanted $5, I offered $2, he countered with $3, I accepted.

DSCN0427.jpg

Lady wanted $2, i offered $1, she accepted. Been looking for Wild things so I am happy.

DSCN0428.jpg

50 cents...

DSCN0429.jpg

Another 50 cents...

DSCN0430.jpg

$10 for all of these DVD sets. i missed out on about 5 by just a couple of minutes and it would have turned into a 10 for $20 deal if I could find a filler. Anyways, still solid deal.

DSCN0431.jpg

$5 for the following. lady had a bunch of DVDs in a box and I just offered her $5 to take the thing and she said sure :D. My mom also got two bar stools in great condition for $1 from the same lady!

DSCN0432.jpg

DSCN0433.jpg

Got the following from a girl who seemed hesitant to do it. She accepted though for $20, and I think this was a nice score.

DSCN0434.jpg

And last but not least, I got the following from a stingy lady who seemed to throw random prices on her items. The result? i wiped her of her only games worth money from the yard sale for $4...

DSCN0423-1.jpg

Not to bad of a weekend. SM64 already sold.

EDIT:

Forgot to picture it but I got a scratched up Game Gear w/ Sonic Chaos for $1. Also, all the GC games have light scratches and are missing manuals other then MP7, Spyro, and Sims. there is also a memory card in there somewhere :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome that you folks all found some jammin' finds this weekend. I had work both yesterday and today so I didn't get to go out.

:cry:

I'm gonna live vicariously thru you folks today... "Yay, I found Suikoden II for $3!!" :lol:

I'm always amazed by what people find at sales - I go out every weekend for several hours at a time and usually come back with nothing gaming related. On a brighter note, a neighbor friend did give me her original Genesis system with all games in complete cases.

[quote name='TiKi2']Got this for 25 cents today, still sealed. Had no idea they sold for so much. Actually all his movies sell for a pretty good amount.
http://www.amazon.com/Death-Hunt-Ch...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1280673162&sr=8-2
DSCF1776.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Very nice.
I found this one for $1 (sealed a few weeks ago) already sold for $45. I was antsy because I'd hate to see it be reprinted and drop to $10 but I might've been better off waiting for the holidays.

http://www.amazon.com/Pow-Wow-Highw...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1280675715&sr=1-1

Hot as hell here in Florida, so I braved the heat and found a couple treasures this weekend. Nothing spectacular, but a solid group of finds.

100_4250.jpg

Random Sega Games, don't collect these but I had to rescue them for $2 a pop. No instructions but the boxes and games are in solid shape.

100_4533.jpg

N64 cherry picked a huge lot, she wanted 4 a piece, somehow we settled on 5 for the lot. Thankfully it was a busy sale and I think she just wanted to go help people buying bigger items.

100_4534.jpg

I never find Gamecube games, and it pisses me off. 3 for $10, might have overpaid but they are complete and the discs are mint. Happy about Eternal Darkness, that game is stellar.

100_4541.jpg

Asking 4 a game, picked these up and CIF $10, overpaid again but it was getting late in the day and I was tired.

100_4542.jpg

Got all excited when I saw SAI 2, never seen one in the wild. Lady says let me see the games, then tells me 10 each. Pissed off I walked away. I came back and grabbed a Purple N64 controller and these 2 games and gave her a 20, she paused, then accepted. Oh well, I really wanted Adventure Island so I figure I'll flip the N64 controller to make up for the price gouging the lady put on me.

Last stop I found this, pretty cool Gamecube Pokemon version of some sorts. Had the gameboy player attached plus a wavebird. Inside was Rampage. No cords but I have em anyway, guy wanted $20, I figured it was fair and he looked stern on price so I just grabbed it up and headed to the Volkswagen for some AC relief.

100_4545.jpg

100_4546.jpg

Nice finds ash. And yeh it was hot as fuck.

[quote name='schultzed']Very nice.
I found this one for $1 (sealed a few weeks ago) already sold for $45. I was antsy because I'd hate to see it be reprinted and drop to $10 but I might've been better off waiting for the holidays.

http://www.amazon.com/Pow-Wow-Highw...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1280675715&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]

I always see sealed dvds at sales . I dunno how people could get a dvd and not watch it. I understand not watching a gifted dvd, but then I would just regift it.

Got this for $6 total. Shit me for not getting the mic that went with the boogie game which was right on top of the game, but had no idea wii had a mic. Also bought an imac g3 for $10 and just realized I lost $10 oh well live and learn.

DSCF1778.jpg

[quote name='TiKi2']Nice finds ash. And yeh it was hot as fuck.

I always see sealed dvds at sales . I dunno how people could get a dvd and not watch it. I understand not watching a gifted dvd, but then I would just regift it.[/QUOTE]

I have tons of DVDs that I've bought which are still sealed. Most of them, I bought because I either wanted to watch it at a point and haven't, or have seen it before on TV, renting, or downloading (80% of my anime's still sealed, for example). I've seen all of the Batman and Superman episodes on TV, so I have most of those sealed also.

Sometimes, I buy them just to support good shows, not so I could watch them again.

Or in rarer cases, uncertainty about whether or not the rest of the series will be released. Exo-Squad is a good example. One of my absolute favorite shows when I was younger, and still no news about volume 2.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Man Ash. Wave of nostalgia from that Beetle Adventure Racing. I think I still have it somewhere![/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's actually a really decent racer. Lots of fun.

Nice to see I wasen't the only one who liked Beetle Adventure Racing, I bought a used copy at Blockbuster years ago when the N64 was still current and it was one of my favorite racing games on the N64

Friday Non Find BS
Friday was a bust, the only thing I ended up buying was a Mario toy from a happy meal or something of the likes. I got up late and got out the door just after 9:30. Went to 16 sales in about 2 hours.

Only thing I was told about missing was a "box of Playstation 2 games" the most expensive things I saw was a bag marked $10 with 2 shovelware GBA games & a boxed fat Playstation 2 system for $50.

Super Joy Stuff (With What I'm Thinking Is The Wrong AC Adaptor) - .50
GameCube 1st Party Controller - .25
Genesis Bare System With Sonic 3 & 6 NES Games - 2
4 Cart Games - 5
Playstation 2 System With Some Extras - 10

No Price on the Super Joy stuff, offered .50. Asked about the GameCube controller and wanted a quarter. Asked about games at a moving sale and the kid brought out the 6 NES games & Genesis which I offered 2 for. Asked about games at one sale and BSing with the guy they had some systems old to new and he had the kids round up some NES, SNES & Genesis games that nobody played anymore. Picked out four games and they didn't know what they were gonna ask so I went ahead and offered 4 while they were thumbling about how much to ask and I was then countered with 5 which I took. The Playstation 2 stuff was asking price, looking back I should have tried for $5 and they probably would have meet me in the middle somewhere at least but I didn't bother haggling has I do sometimes if it seems fair for a yardsale to me.

Mostly Genesis Stuff (Mortal Kombat Boxed & No Games In The Nintendo Boxes, the rest cart only or complete) - $8.50

This sale was late in the day for me and only advertised in the paper on Saturday. Some of this stuff was out and another lady was gonna buy the Genesis for her kids and the lady running the sale went inside to try and find some missing wires for the Genesis. She ended up leaving without buying it since she was worried about getting home and realizing she was missing something that was needed. When I showed some interest the lady running the sale actually had me come inside and look around 3 different TVs inside to see if I noticed anything else needed for the Genesis and while I didn't find what it was missing I did find some cases & manuals for misc stuff and some cart only games she had out (it was pretty much offered as a scavenger hunt in a sense with me welcome to grab anything in the mess around the TVs that went with certain systems that were being sold). After rounding it all up I offered $5 for the Genesis stuff and a buck each for what else I had (7) and she was thinking 10 we ended up meeting in the middle at 8.50.

2 Atari 2600 Systems With 33 Games & Some Misc, Fatal Frame 1 & 2 (Both Complete) - 35

Unadvertised Sale I tripped over on the way around the block as I thought I passed a street I was looking for on the way to another sale. Didn't look like too much out for sale but has I was walking up I noticed a shelf that I figured was probably VHS and/or DVDs but was thinking how nice it would be if it was old games. It wasen't old games but it was some current, mostly last gen and PS1 games which was what all or most of this shelf had on it. Asked about old games and the Atari stuff was brought out. I didn't realize some of the games underneath and when asked I said I was thinking about 5-10 dollars. It was too low for the girl that rounded up the stuff and she was thinking more like 50 then she said how about 30 when 50 wasen't going to work. I countered with 20 and while she was thinking I mentioned I was interested in Fatal Frame (marked make offer) and Fatal Frame 2 (marked 8) I said I'd do 30 with those added in and she said how about 40 and I got her to meet me in the middle at 35.

Saturday Non Find BS
Not nearly as bad as Friday but I did get up a bit late, was slow and didn't get out the door till about 8:40 which was bad as I had a big list of about 40 sales and skipped a few that were up the road a bit at one point and didn't bother with any sales on my list that were say a mile or two out of town. Got to about 49 sales today and didn't get home till about 1:30 missing a sale or two late in the day being after 12.

The only expensive stuff I remember seeing was at the one yardsale I got the Atari stuff at. The prices weren't way too expensive but were too much for the yardsale crowd around my area. The selection was much better then average (I'd guess the whole collection with maybe a few favorites put aside not to be sold) but certain games were marked $10 Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, Fable, Parsite Eve 1 & 2 (2nd ended up missing disc 1), Metal Gear Solid, two of the Final Fantasy PS2 games, Fable and some other C list type PS1 RPGs from what I can remember. Who's going to buy Fable for $10 at a yardsale? It's probably hard enough to sell for $10 shipped online I'd imagine right now. Had a poster that said prices for certain systems like PS2 games which I think were 5 but then said unless the game is priced. Some of these games while not a super great price (especially when your looking for deals at a yardsale) weren't bad at 5 or 10 compared to online while others were a bit more then they were worth online at 5-10.

After paying the girl actually said something about how she isn't too fond of "this haggling thing" or something like that and mentioned that she was evicted and needed money and it was clear that she wasen't too crazy about selling off some of these games to get some needed cash. I might have been interested in a few more things if cheaper like Dino Crisis 3 even knowing it's pretty bad if they were priced to be gone and not packed up at the end of the day. This was easily the best selection of recent/last gen games I've seen this year at a yardsale. Only BS'd for a minute or two after buying at this sale but the girl mentioned selling an NES with about 60 some games for about 250 on eBay a few years ago and some Final Fantasy game for the Playstation for over 100 at some point. Pretty vague description and I couldn't help but wonder if it was exaggerated some be it a mistake or on purpose.

Only Interesting things I missed mentioned to me when I asked about video games was the house I got the PS2, an old Nintendo with a "bag of games" that I was told a family with kids bought for 4 and another house rather late in the day mentioned a Nintendo (I think with games) and a lady bought everything so who knows maybe it was actually a GameCube and some games and not like the 4 dollar NES bundle I missed. It's great to stumble into something like a dirt cheap NES out at a yardsale but just about anyone knows that to be a treasure so it feels like the first blind squirrel to find the nut wins and I don't count on getting to it first if I have a list of 20-40 sales with one find like this to be found. More realistically I'm hoping to ask about games and get something or find something that would be a hidden treasure like when I found Team Buddies sitting around at a yardsale to make running around worthwhile which usually seems to work out for me if I get to a lot of sales. The exception this year seems to be some of the smaller but good cheap N64 bundles I've found this year a few after 12 which is odd as N64 seemed to be the thing I was mostly told about missing last year.

The house I got the 4 cart games at I actually started BSing with the dad about video games while some other family members were rounding up some games and it seemed like everybody in the family played some older games and they even mentioned how they would like to find Bubble Bobble for the NES but haven't seen it in the wild and when they looked it up online how it was 20-30 dollars not checking completed listing and having a high idea of what it goes for. The guy even mentioned how he'd like to get Wizards & Warriors and asked me how much it was worth and I told him I'd give him a copy for a buck next time I'm yardsaling near his place and will probably just put it in his mailbox instead of stopping long enough to beat on his door to pay for it.

The sale I got the Sega stuff at late in the day was pretty interesting as a lady was gonna buy the Genesis system and surely some of the games at least and had two younger kids, one was holding SMB 3 and she was telling him no because his dad had the system and he wouldn't be able to play it and the other kid was holding a Genesis Game Genie. Between the kids annoying her asking for more stuff, having too many systems already and the system missing wires she ended up leaving all of the video game stuff behind which worked for me as I'm pretty sure I needed the one little wire for my 32x that goes between the 32x & Genesis.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SaraAB']I am back from a very epic haul of a total of 51 games for $20.25, which also included 5 brand new video game t-shirts and many promo items. The $20.25 price included everything I bought. The games are SNES, NES and PS1. Pics will be done later because there is so much stuff its going to take a while to sort through it all. I also hit a couple other pretty epic sales where I loaded up on all kinds of other goodies.[/QUOTE]

You're leaving us hanging!!

[quote name='Potatoeman']Man Ash. Wave of nostalgia from that Beetle Adventure Racing. I think I still have it somewhere![/QUOTE]

I too liked the game. I'm pretty sure that I got it for $10 (new). I remember I sold off my complete copy at a rummage sale we had in 2000 (before we moved) for $25.

[quote name='elessar123']I have tons of DVDs that I've bought which are still sealed. Most of them, I bought because I either wanted to watch it at a point and haven't, or have seen it before on TV, renting, or downloading (80% of my anime's still sealed, for example). I've seen all of the Batman and Superman episodes on TV, so I have most of those sealed also.

Sometimes, I buy them just to support good shows, not so I could watch them again.

Or in rarer cases, uncertainty about whether or not the rest of the series will be released. Exo-Squad is a good example. One of my absolute favorite shows when I was younger, and still no news about volume 2.[/QUOTE]

Wow dude that is the first time I ever hear about exo-squad . Saw the intro on youtube and it reminds me of x-men which is one of my favorites. Probably the same production team. $7 shipped on amazon new might have to check it out. If you like reboot which is another one of my faves you'll probably like shadow raiders.

As for dvds I too have a backlog . I loaded up a few weeks ago at biglots . $3 anime dvds. Got some seasons which are around 27 eps. can't beat that for $3. But I wouldn't garage sale them.

[quote name='TiKi2']Wow dude that is the first time I ever hear about exo-squad . Saw the intro on youtube and it reminds me of x-men which is one of my favorites. Probably the same production team. $7 shipped on amazon new might have to check it out. If you like reboot which is another one of my faves you'll probably like shadow raiders.[/QUOTE]

You won't be disappointed. Main reason it failed was cause the story was aimed at older kids, while the toys were aimed at younger kids. I loved the X-men show too, and watched Reboot, but the latter wasn't my favorite.

Busy week!

FREE

Paid $2 figured I can dump it since it is sealed.

.50 got lucky and picked a good one!

$1 about 98% complete. Missing one of the bases for the figure.

$1.60 Bag of toys with light saber, Sslythe (from Thundercats), PS AV cable.

Paid $1 for all 3. Soundstage still sealed. Can dump the Pilates ones.

$2 Smallville Season 5 still sealed

More to come...;)

This is a follow up to my earlier post...i posted a pic of the 3 gems i found and also the mystery cart. Does anyone know what this is exactly?

The chip on the cart says MouseTrap and there is a toggle switch there too.

$1.50 Light Saber and 3rd party PS2 controller

$5 Silver Dualshock 2, 2 PS2 SONY memory cards, 4 Gameboy Games

My find(s) of the week are a 4-way tie.

$5 for everything. GTA SA guide, GTA Driector's Cut, 9 Game Gear Games with cases, Silent Hill Black Label complete.

This is my favorite. :bouncy:

.10 Thundercats Windsock still sealed. (technically I got this a couple of weeks ago, but I lost it under a pile)

Wanted $25 offered $10. NES toploader (dirty as hell) with 22 games.

AND

These come with a story...

There was a sale on Thursday that advertised a Game Cube and video games. I got there my usual 20 minutes early and the garage door was already open. As I approached the garage I saw the "book scanner" (the chump who has been hitting my territory for the past 4 or 5 weeks. He is the one that missed the cosby complete series last week.)

Of course he is at the games scanning them and already had a 360 game and a DVD that he had set aside. I noticed some PSP games that were disheveled, so I went for the gamecube games marked $1 each.

The games were in 2 stacks and he was about 3 games into the first stack. I grabbed the second stack and dealt them out like a deck of cards separating the ones I wanted. He turns to me and says "Are you done with these?" (Imagine Toby from the Office when he is upset with Michael) I say "Those are the ones I am taking. I am done with these" and handed him 3 games.

Now for $1 each they are all worth it to me, but the second picture is what I got by pulling a dick move and grabbing the whole stack.

I think Starfox is the highlight of this pic.

But here is the gold!

Only 36 hours until it all starts again. :whee:

Got the following all at one yard sale:

N64 Games:
Mario Party
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros.
Bust-A-Move 2

SNES Games:
Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World
Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Super Mario RPG
Spiderman Maximum Carnage
Secret of Mana
Super Castlevania IV

$30 total

Went back later on in the day and got the following:

2 N64 systems complete w/ 3 controllers
SNES system complete w/ 1 controller
Mario Party 2 N64 game

$25

13 SNES Super Famicon games w/ converter
Games include (Some of these might be for sale if anyone is interested):
Darius Twin
Super Dunkshot (NCAA Basketball)
Super Mario World
Gradius 3
Joe & Mac
Pilotwings
Final Fight
Prince of Persia
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
F-Zero
Goemon (Legend of the Mystical Ninja)
Chohmakaimura (Super Ghouls & Ghosts)
Super Valis IV

$20

10 more common SNES games (including NBA Jam TE)

$5

Box of 23 N64 games + gameshark 2.0 (including Donkey Kong 64, Pokemon Stadium 2, Goldeneye 007, Resident Evil 2, Star Fox 64)

$20

Overall spent $100 and made out pretty well. Unfortunately the woman couldn't find her copy of Chrono Trigger for the SNES. She knew that game was worth money ("$28 on Craigslist"), but I guess didn't know about any of the others.

[quote name='BHitmanW20']

13 SNES Super Famicon games w/ converter
Games include (Some of these might be for sale if anyone is interested):
Darius Twin
Super Dunkshot (NCAA Basketball)
Super Mario World
Gradius 3
Joe & Mac
Pilotwings
Final Fight
Prince of Persia
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
F-Zero
Goemon (Legend of the Mystical Ninja)
Chohmakaimura (Super Ghouls & Ghosts)
Super Valis IV

$20

[/QUOTE]

I might be interested in some of them. Drop me a PM if you decide to sell any off. Congrats on the finds!

[quote name='lude21']This is a follow up to my earlier post...i posted a pic of the 3 gems i found and also the mystery cart. Does anyone know what this is exactly?

The chip on the cart says MouseTrap and there is a toggle switch there too.[/QUOTE]

Can't see anything, pics are too small.

dammit...really? it was my first time posting pics to this site. Just got a laptop....ill try reposting them in the "Is this game rare thread"

[quote name='lude21']dammit...really? it was my first time posting pics to this site. Just got a laptop....ill try reposting them in the "Is this game rare thread"[/QUOTE]

Sorry. You might see if imagebucket will let you post a higher-res version of it.

100_0234-1-1.jpg

100_0235-1.jpg

ok...hopefully these came out a little better. It says MouseTrap handwritten on that sticker on the chip.

[quote name='lude21']
100_0234-1-1.jpg

100_0235-1.jpg

ok...hopefully these came out a little better. It says MouseTrap handwritten on that sticker on the chip.[/QUOTE]

Any reason it's not a Mouse Trap cart for Atari, Coleco, or Intellvision? Those are $1-$10. I remember the game on Windows 3.11.

While checking out the local flea market I ran across a complete Magnavox Odyssey 2 with "The Voice" attachment and 36 games CIB.

http://img440.imageshack.us/i/img7600.jpg/

http://img835.imageshack.us/i/img7595.jpg/

http://img717.imageshack.us/i/img7597p.jpg/

http://img15.imageshack.us/i/img7606t.jpg/

http://img12.imageshack.us/i/img7608do.jpg/

The Guy was asking $60 for the package or $2 per game. I thought it was a bit high and was about to just grab a few games then thought "when is the next time I'll find all this at once?". I offered $40 and he countered with $50. Basically I got each game for $1.39 and the console for free. Found the console manuals, warranty info, and rebate card in the bottom of the box. As a bonus, I also found a complete NES manual including a "Now You're Playing With Power" poster.

My understanding is there are only 49 games for the Odyssey 2 and I now have 36 complete copies with no duplicates. I love the artwork on the cover of the old games!

[quote name='lude21']dammit...really? it was my first time posting pics to this site. Just got a laptop....ill try reposting them in the "Is this game rare thread"[/QUOTE]

they're 320x240...maybe a setting on your camera or when you upload it?

either way it looks you might have a rare, possibly one-of-a-kind gem there. Even better place to ask would be digitpress.com

ok, thanks guys. Ill post it on Digitpress and Atariage. I haven't tried playing it yet, but i'll try that too.

[quote name='Invicta 61']I thought it was a bit high and was about to just grab a few games then thought "when is the next time I'll find all this at once?". [/QUOTE]

Nice. This is good thinking. Being cheap is a virtue but there are times when paying a little extra makes sense.

[quote name='slowdive21']Now for $1 each they are all worth it to me, but the second picture is what I got by pulling a dick move and grabbing the whole stack.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think you were a dick about it. Good saleing requires some pushiness . . . I'm sure he'd have done the same to you.

I love your NES lot . . . most of the system lots that I see have really crappy games.

Haven't gone garage saling in weeks - once you get used to sleeping in until 12, it's hard to just wake up at 7. And my area (can't drive yet so have to go within biking distance) has really sucky sales.
But tomorrow my dad's driving me to nearby area garage sales, wish me luck! A few advertise games so that's a good sign.

Found today:
Super Mario Brothers Movie Golden Book: .25
I couldn't resist it.

Shawn Palmers Pro Snowboarder Gameboy Color (game only): .50
Weird thing about this, I used to know Palmer. I lived in Tahoe in the 90's and he was a local. Ended up at his house for parties more than once.

I hit a few sales this morning, and found a few deals.

The first one I went to advertised "hundreds of CDs" and more electronics, so I was hopeful. When I got there, I learned that someone just came and bought all the CDs. There were a few Xbox 360 games, and I picked these up for $5 each:
4866088769_46f8e0dfe6.jpg

I also bought a GTA: San Andreas guide for $1. The guy who was selling everything had a PS2 with extra controllers and a case, but he wanted $75.

I couldn't find the second sale, and the third one only had old monitors and a TV. I saw a bunch of CD cases and got excited, but learned that they were just empty cases. The next one was mostly kids' stuff, but no games.

The last one was mostly kids' stuff, too, but with a few games. I picked up Cooking Mama for $5.
4866707482_0af256217b.jpg

There's one tomorrow that advertises DVDs and games, so maybe I'll get lucky if I get there early enough.

bread's done
Back