Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

Yard sales were horrible this weekend:

Got out of the house late, and when we did finally get into the car, the tire was flat. Had to take it over to get it patched, found out that it couldn't be, bought a new tire, and finally got on the road to the sales at 10am(!).

Everywhere I went, it was missed opportunity after missed opportunity. A lady was selling a GameGear and 6 games for $5, I missed it by 10m. At another one, I missed an SNES for $10 with Earthbound and Super Mario RPG -- I drove up as the guy was putting it in his car. My wife bought a little handheld vegetable chopper, only to bring it home and find used candles in the box. We bought a shoe organizer, only to find out that it had no connectors. It was just that kind of weekend.

Out of spite, I went back to one of the first sales and bought the Genesis they had out. Marked $10, talked them down to $6. It had Streets Of Rage, Sonic Spinball, and Sonic 2, all of which I already owned, but I wanted to feel somewhat victorious after the day I'd had. At one of the last sales, I found a bunch of CDs for 10c each, which I traded in and found..

Tetris DS (complete).

Yeah. The day eventually got better.

Had one 3 houses down the road that advertised games on the craigslist ad, so I walked down this morning and picked up a somewhat dirty 360 wireless controller with an official rechargable battery pack for $10 total. They wanted $15 but I asked her if they'd take $10 since it was pretty dirty, and she said sure.

I'll take some rubbing alcohol and q-tips to it, and it should come clean easily.

Also picked up an Art Bell book at the same sale for free to read for some comedy!

Had a sale listed on CL for 9am this morning with Wii, 360, PS3, PS2 games. Sunday sales are rare here, the big days are Thursday, Friday and Saturday which leaves me with scraps since I work 9-5. After staying up late playing MW2, I wake up late (8:45) Damn. I get up and clean myself and out the door. I arrive at roughly 9:30 while someone is pulling away and they are still setting up the sale. I started thinking I was going to be disappointed yet again. Wrong. She said I was the second person to arrive.
First I saw a PS1 with some games...
Star Ocean: The Second Story $2
Final Fantasy VIII $5
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete $2
Shadow Madness $2
Jade Cocoon: Story of the Tamamayu $1
The Bouncer (PS2) $1
All games are complete except The Bouncer which was disc only. The slip box for Lunar is in bad shape but all four discs are there along with the book. Unfortunately the cloth map is absent.
Next I see some Game Cubes and games....
Purple Game Cube
Silver Millennium Edition Game Cube
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mario Party 5
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Resident Evil
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Dave Mirra 2
Journey to the Purple Planet
Jimmy Neutron Attack of the Twonkies
Legends of Wrestling II
Shrek 2
Madden 2002
All games came in cases with a few missing the books. Next she pulls out a CD binder and says these loose games come with the package also...
Mario Kart Double Dash!!
Zelda Four Swords Adventures
Mario Party 5
Sonic Adventure DS director's cut
007 Everything or Nothing
Sonic Heros
Mario Party 6
Pikmin 2
Super Mario Sunshine
The systems came with 3 controllers and hookups for one, a 16 Mb memory card, a microphone and a device I still can't figure out. IAP $15 for all! I know it goes against the rules for yardsaleing to not bargain, but I was already getting a great deal and I didn't want someone else to show up and take interest as this was located on a busy road. I paid happily and went on my way. With the excitement of the GC pull I had forgotten about the PS3 stuff. Went back and asked about PS3 games and they had forgotten to bring them. They did have a Intercooler for the PS3 phatty for $6, a universal switch for hooking up all game systems to the TV for $2. Also picked up three Wii games for my sister at $5 each: Wii Play, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games and Shrek the Third.

She said she will set up again next Saturday and bring the PS3 games. I just hope I can beat out everyone next time!

[quote name='Invicta 61']Had a sale listed on CL for 9am this morning with Wii, 360, PS3, PS2 games. Sunday sales are rare here, the big days are Thursday, Friday and Saturday which leaves me with scraps since I work 9-5. After staying up late playing MW2, I wake up late (8:45) Damn. I get up and clean myself and out the door. I arrive at roughly 9:30 while someone is pulling away and they are still setting up the sale. I started thinking I was going to be disappointed yet again. Wrong. She said I was the second person to arrive.
First I saw a PS1 with some games...
Star Ocean: The Second Story $2
Final Fantasy VIII $5
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete $2
Shadow Madness $2
Jade Cocoon: Story of the Tamamayu $1
The Bouncer (PS2) $1
All games are complete except The Bouncer which was disc only. The slip box for Lunar is in bad shape but all four discs are there along with the book. Unfortunately the cloth map is absent.
Next I see some Game Cubes and games....
Purple Game Cube
Silver Millennium Edition Game Cube
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mario Party 5
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Resident Evil
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Dave Mirra 2
Journey to the Purple Planet
Jimmy Neutron Attack of the Twonkies
Legends of Wrestling II
Shrek 2
Madden 2002
All games came in cases with a few missing the books. Next she pulls out a CD binder and says these loose games come with the package also...
Mario Kart Double Dash!!
Zelda Four Swords Adventures
Mario Party 5
Sonic Adventure DS director's cut
007 Everything or Nothing
Sonic Heros
Mario Party 6
Pikmin 2
Super Mario Sunshine
The systems came with 3 controllers and hookups for one, a 16 Mb memory card, a microphone and a device I still can't figure out. IAP $15 for all! I know it goes against the rules for yardsaleing to not bargain, but I was already getting a great deal and I didn't want someone else to show up and take interest as this was located on a busy road. I paid happily and went on my way. With the excitement of the GC pull I had forgotten about the PS3 stuff. Went back and asked about PS3 games and they had forgotten to bring them. They did have a Intercooler for the PS3 phatty for $6, a universal switch for hooking up all game systems to the TV for $2. Also picked up three Wii games for my sister at $5 each: Wii Play, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games and Shrek the Third.

She said she will set up again next Saturday and bring the PS3 games. I just hope I can beat out everyone next time![/QUOTE]

1282513668511.gif

[quote name='jaysapathy']At another one, I missed an SNES for $10 with Earthbound and Super Mario RPG -- I drove up as the guy was putting it in his car. [/QUOTE]

I feel your pain.

I hate to imagine all the stuff I miss that I have no idea about (given the amount of near misses).

[quote name='Invicta 61']Had a sale listed on CL [/QUOTE]

I don't use CL but I should check it out. My experience thus far is that if people list on CL, then they want big bucks for there stuff. Plus, it will be a magnet for buyers.

You seem to fit my general rule about YSing, if you pay your dues . . . you will eventually find stuff and occasionally have a great score.

Of course, now you will be "chasing the dragon" and will want to feel the same thrill as this find . . . but you might never get it back.

I went to Wisconsin for the first time in probably 5 years to the Mukwonago flea market. There were a lot of DVD and game resellers there, but no deals to be had. I did pick up some comics, so the trip wasn't a total loss.

I have been sooo busy with Amazon orders (35 went out today from Sat noon to Mon noon) . . . mostly books and stuff listed from all kinds of dates.

I was stretched too thin only going on Sat. . . . I love doing Fri. and Sat. I find that if I do a good job hitting sales on Fri., I'm better equiped for Sat.

Anyway, here is my Saturday finds.

This sucked (paid a quarter for disc 1) because the woman explained that she sold the other 3 discs at her last sale:

Why don't people just wait if something is incomplete?

This was $1:

I got it as a flip and cuz its mint complete, I'll make a few bucks but it will likely take a few years to sell :)

Woman wanted $10 but I got this for $5:

The sys works but is wonky. Maybe I'll keep this one and sell mine. The games are nice but not valuable . . . Burgertime is about the best flip.

These were a weird buy because the woman seemed to know that the games were worth more (even at GS) but I got the pair for $5.

I should have offered $1 each for these and Simpsons Game Wii and Little Big Planet (region 2). I bet she would've either taken ($4) or we would have settled at $6. I left Simp and LBP behind. I pitched $3 for SMG and then $2 or FTF

These were $1 each:

Bust and FFVIII are nice and complete.

At the same sale there was a very beat up PS2 (I didn't even make an offer) and then I saw this sys . . . thinking is that a GameGear???

No, wait its a Nomad! This was Sat. at about 11 am . . . but I think she just dragged this stuff out. I haven't tried the battery pack but it boots up nice (played Sonic) with the power adapter. The screen scratches suck (any way to lessen them???) but aren't so bad when its on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool finds, especially mario galaxy and the Nomad.

I cant believe how short the chargers were for the original game boy, haha! What is that, 4 inches? I never had a huge one like that since I got a Pocket as my first GB, and I barely remember it.

[quote name='schultzed']

This sucked (paid a quarter for disc 1) because the woman explained that she sold the other 3 discs at her last sale:

Why don't people just wait if something is incomplete?

[/QUOTE]

LOL I bought a copy of FF VIII at a fleamarket a few months ago and discs 2 and 3 of FF VII were in there with it. I remember seeing those discs at the same place 2 years ago in a CD binder. I can understand loosing disc 1, but 2 and 3?

Nice find on the Nomad. The only old school stuff that appears around here are Atari 2600s or the thrashed Nintendos.

Also, I forgot to mention in my previous post that I picked up a minty copy of Metal Slug X for PS1 at a game store for $8.

Sunday was the best day I've had in quite a while!

Here we go:

Fisher Price TV from 1966 and a repro safe $1.50

Star wars watches from BK with tins $1.50

Mercenaries and Destroy all Humans $2

2 GB Game shark plus, 1 DC memory card, misc stuff $3 total

NES games $2 total

2 NES controllers and GI Joe 2: Atlantis Factor NES for $3.50

This is all I have pics for ATM.

This stuff is all from Friday. I had to skip going out on Saturday which was a bummer. Anyway.

461bb32152c7a69581088853911f6268.jpg

Earthworm Jim (Genesis) no manual - $1
Stephen Colbert - I Am America And So Can You - $.50

d2c5a158d99944b8dc779d82b5249051.jpg

Magnavox Odyssey 2 CIB with 10 complete games - $20

Hockey! / Soccer!
Armored Encounter! / Sub Chase!
Computer Golf!
Invaders From Hyperspace!
Baseball!
Alpine Skiing!
Las Vegas Blackjack!
Blockout! Breakdown!
Speedway! / Spin-out! / Crypto-Logic!

As you can see the box is in awful condition. I think I might just get a better box off ebay at some point.
The games fare a lot better even though the cardboard doesn't really hold together. I love the cover art on these.

The system itself is great and everything's included. It's the first version with the removable silver joysticks. Unboxed pictures:

9b8eee20330185841f4f3371fc715647.jpg

0a12bdf7d13909076339049f320ac28e.jpg

Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia

10 cents each. 1 is still sealed

electronic dogs 10 cents each.

Harry Potter DVD (sealed) and book $1 total

These are both from the same sale:

D&D books, Star Wars landspeeder, GI Joe book. $1.50 for everything

Gamecube Games $1 each (kid so I didn't haggle)

More Gamecube games and preorder bonuses for Fallout 3 and mass effect. Paid $10 total (wanted $15)

Gamecube with memory card $2

That is post 2 of 4. I decided my find of the week will require its own post. :bouncy:

[quote name='slowdive21']I decided my find of the week will require its own post. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Speaking of a find of the week, this is my favorite non-gaming find of the year:

This set lacks an ISBN or UPC . . . so I had no idea of its value. My offer of $1 was accepted. Here is a recent ebay auction which looks comparable (in the box is a workbook and CDs):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lucinda-Bassett...on-CD-DVD-/270618662890?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Also, the CD that I mentioned on Saturday (when I missed out on an SNES) was Multiplication Rock:

http://www.amazon.com/Schoolhouse-R...1457365?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1282687552&sr=1-5

I put mine out there (sealed) at $50 and it sold after 1 day . . . I should have priced it higher :whistle2:( Oh well, this is the time of year to sell it.

Those looking for good flips should keep an eye out for some of the Schoolhouse Rock music CDs. Not all are valuable, this search shows the range:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...h=1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0.4766_1&fsc=-1&x=15&y=11

I'd love to snag the 4 disc set!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^I'll have to keep my eyes open for that set. I am still kicking myself for leaving a school house rock DVD for $2. It is not worth a lot of money, but I should have bought it.

My mom is gonna hit a garage sale back in my hometown that was advertised in the paper with DS games. Lucky she's a early riser so she can get there first.
She's gonna call me but told her if she can't reach me to buy everything video game related besides big systems. My late b-day present.

Alright a few more pics...

Masters of the Universe (new series) $3 for everything. I actually bought these because I wanted the container! They are a wal-mart exclusive (I contacted Sterilite) and they are the perfect size for storing disc golf discs.

Same Sale. Also the same sale as the Gamecube (in post 2)

Transformers (new series). Megatron , Optimus, a gorilla, etc. Another container, that I probably use to sort my systems.

The shadow 20 cassette set still factory sealed...goes for $20+ on amazon. Paid $1. Same sale as landspeeder, D&D, etc

Did someone mention GBA SP?

The one on the left was marked $4 and had 1 game. I asked about the charger and the girl said she could not find it. The Dad said, "well then you better sell it to him for a buck, since the charger is missing!"

I actually found a charger a couple of weeks ago at a sale, so it worked out!

2nd one was at the same sale as the GC, but the next day. More and more people are putting out games after I ask, so I almost have to hit the same sales twice.

Paid $5 for the one on the right with 11 games and a spare battery, charger, screen covers, and some other type of charger thing.

Now I have 3 GBA SPs and they are all blue!

This sale was the Schultzed sale. I wish I would have had a scanner for this one. Tons of DVDs. I went with my gut and I think I did pretty well.

I paid $15 total for these items. ET, Underdog, and Green Lantern are still sealed.

That's it! :mrgreen:

i went yard saling this past weekend for the first time in a couple months. as im going around at one sale i run into this douche bag guy who has a stand at the flea market closest to me. so i go about my way and end up at another sale he got to before me and the house had an n64, some saturn games, some sega cd games and they were looking for more stuff for him as i walk up.

the best part was he left the sega games on the ground away from him and i immediately picked them up. a few minutes later the home owner was like he actually just bought those. i thought to myself, he left them there, they are free game. he was too busy smoking a cigarette, checking his phone and shaking like he was having withdrawals from something to notice until they said something then he came and snatched them from my hand. anyone else run into this? your competition that is?

[quote name='Animal7390']anyone else run into this? your competition that is?[/QUOTE]

I think everyone hates their competition. If this guy was your buddy, you'd likely see him differently.

But this is a good reason to ask about games at sales (when you see none). More than likely you learn that at some sales there had been games but someone beat you to them. Had you arrived 10 mins. later, you'd think it was just another sale with no gaming stuff.

To mangle the X-Files . . . "the Games are out there"

[quote name='slowdive21']I should have bought it.[/QUOTE]

This happens to me every week . . . moreso than regrets about the stuff I did buy.

Hey Slow, here's one for the WTF file. I picked this up a month ago (and don't know if I posted it at the time). on the back it lists it as produced in 2007 but I would have guessed 1999.

Anyway, I think I paid $1 for this and then listed it for $50 on Amazon . . . thinking that it would never sell.

So, yesterday it sold and I'm left to wonder if I could've gotten more for it. Oh well.

[quote name='elessar123']As in beast wars optimus prime? He's a gorilla...[/QUOTE]

Hey, you should be glad I recognized Megatron as a Tank. He was a gun when I watched Transformers! There is a regular (truck) optimus prime in the box too, probably from the new animated series.

[quote name='schultzed']This happens to me every week . . . moreso than regrets about the stuff I did buy.

Hey Slow, here's one for the WTF file. I picked this up a month ago (and don't know if I posted it at the time). on the back it lists it as produced in 2007 but I would have guessed 1999.

Anyway, I think I paid $1 for this and then listed it for $50 on Amazon . . . thinking that it would never sell.

So, yesterday it sold and I'm left to wonder if I could've gotten more for it. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

It is definitely from the 2007 collection. The star wars logo is the same on the figures. Personally I have not seen one of these, but I do not think it was a store exclusive or anything. I have seen a clone trooper version and I think they retailed for 39.99. Since this one is a classic character and older (I believe), in theory you probably could have priced it towards $75.

Of course, I tend to price a little high on amazon since someone always undercuts me no matter what I price I set. :wall:

[quote name='slowdive21']Hey, you should be glad I recognized Megatron as a Tank. He was a gun when I watched Transformers! There is a regular (truck) optimus prime in the box too, probably from the new animated series[/QUOTE]

He was a gun too when I was watching it =P The size changing was always weird, even when I was a kid.

^^^I am going to dig out my (old) transformers, I think I have megatron or at least part of him.

I also have to go outside and take pics of my find of the week!

Not a garage sale find but interesting.

I ordered a 6ft extension cord for a N64 controller off Ebay for $4. Instead I got this:

rk78yx.jpg

Yes I checked inside. I guess he misread "extension" and thought "expansion". I don't think I'm gonna complain though, an expansion pack goes for a minimum of $15 on Ebay and I got one for $4. My Nintendo 64 already has one so I don't need it. I guess I'll go buy another extension cord.

[quote name='slowdive21']Find of the Week:

Coleco Electronic Pinball Champ / Super Shot Machine

[/QUOTE]

Wow . . . that's pretty groovy man! :)

Out of curiosity, did you get this for your personal use or as a flip?

How big is this thing?

[quote name='schultzed']Wow . . . that's pretty groovy man! :)

Out of curiosity, did you get this for your personal use or as a flip?

How big is this thing?[/QUOTE]

This is a keeper! Realistically, I keep about 80% of what I buy (or use the pieces to make a complete item). Games related I tend to keep everything unless I have multiple copies.

It is smaller than a coin operated pinball machine. I know it was designed for home use, but I haven't been able to find much information on it. It measures approximately 20 inches wide and is about 3 1/2 feet deep.

It is wired for power, but the power plug is missing. I asked her to call me if she finds a random cord. I think I can repair the marquee by gluing it to a thin piece of Plexiglas, but I am going to check my options before I try any repairs. It still functions without power, but it would be more impressive with lights and sound.

There is one on ebay without pics, but I would think it is the same game.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Coleco-...ie-Guitar-/140443991952?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

[quote name='Capsuledragon']Not a garage sale find but interesting.

I ordered a 6ft extension cord for a N64 controller off Ebay for $4. Instead I got this:

rk78yx.jpg

Yes I checked inside. I guess he misread "extension" and thought "expansion". I don't think I'm gonna complain though, an expansion pack goes for a minimum of $15 on Ebay and I got one for $4. My Nintendo 64 already has one so I don't need it. I guess I'll go buy another extension cord.[/QUOTE]

Found this fascinating, because they sell these in the local Play N Trade. There's also a used gaming store in the mall that orders them from the same vendor as PNT. It's made by the same company who does the FC Twins, and is of similar quality. Some N64s don't read them for whatever reason (I've got two that will see it, one that won't, probably broken pins or something). I didn't know they sold these anywhere but China and here -- then again, PNT only sells them for $4.99. Neat all the same.

[quote name='slowdive21']Alright a few more pics...

Masters of the Universe (new series) $3 for everything. I actually bought these because I wanted the container! They are a wal-mart exclusive (I contacted Sterilite) and they are the perfect size for storing disc golf discs.

Same Sale. Also the same sale as the Gamecube (in post 2)

Transformers (new series). Megatron , Optimus, a gorilla, etc. Another container, that I probably use to sort my systems.

The shadow 20 cassette set still factory sealed...goes for $20+ on amazon. Paid $1. Same sale as landspeeder, D&D, etc

Did someone mention GBA SP?

The one on the left was marked $4 and had 1 game. I asked about the charger and the girl said she could not find it. The Dad said, "well then you better sell it to him for a buck, since the charger is missing!"

I actually found a charger a couple of weeks ago at a sale, so it worked out!

2nd one was at the same sale as the GC, but the next day. More and more people are putting out games after I ask, so I almost have to hit the same sales twice.

Paid $5 for the one on the right with 11 games and a spare battery, charger, screen covers, and some other type of charger thing.

Now I have 3 GBA SPs and they are all blue!

This sale was the Schultzed sale. I wish I would have had a scanner for this one. Tons of DVDs. I went with my gut and I think I did pretty well.

I paid $15 total for these items. ET, Underdog, and Green Lantern are still sealed.

That's it! :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

Wow you are really lucky, most people want $20 and up for these around here, if you are so fortunate, a lot of people want $50 for a GBA SP. They are ALWAYS missing the chargers, I swear Nintendo should have glued the chargers to these things or something of course that wouldn't make it very fun to play now would it. I guess I shouldn't buy them if they cost more than $5 each.

Damn i never find any GBA's SP or not.
I need one for my game that I got from Goozex that GBC.
Loved it as a kid and want to play it.
No one ever wants to trade for it.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Found this fascinating, because they sell these in the local Play N Trade. There's also a used gaming store in the mall that orders them from the same vendor as PNT. It's made by the same company who does the FC Twins, and is of similar quality. Some N64s don't read them for whatever reason (I've got two that will see it, one that won't, probably broken pins or something). I didn't know they sold these anywhere but China and here -- then again, PNT only sells them for $4.99. Neat all the same.[/QUOTE]
Acctually I thought Retro-Bit made the Retro Duo. Yobo made the FC Twin.

Rough day today. I wasn't going to go out, but my Mom called me and said she was having good luck today. So I hit a 6 or 7 sales with her and got a few things.

At one sale a guy said to me "You are about 5 minutes too late for games...Some guy came here and bought me out. I had 3 xboxes, a PS2, a PlayStation, GameCube and this guy bought all of it except these games."

He hands me 5 sports games and need for speed for the original xbox marked .50 each. I left them (because they were majorly scratched and because the cases were bad), but I managed to find a few things the game buyer missed.

Then his wife says "We have one of those CD polishers." and her husband says "Nope! The other guy wanted that too!"

:bomb: I am not sure if I am going to sale this weekend. I need to catch up and get organized.

[quote name='slowdive21']Rough day today. I wasn't going to go out, but my Mom called me and said she was having good luck today. So I hit a 6 or 7 sales with her and got a few things.

At one sale a guy said to me "You are about 5 minutes too late for games...Some guy came here and bought me out. I had 3 xboxes, a PS2, a PlayStation, GameCube and this guy bought all of it except these games."

He hands me 5 sports games and need for speed for the original xbox marked .50 each. I left them (because they were majorly scratched and because the cases were bad), but I managed to find a few things the game buyer missed.

Then his wife says "We have one of those CD polishers." and her husband says "Nope! The other guy wanted that too!"

:bomb: I am not sure if I am going to sale this weekend. I need to catch up and get organized.[/QUOTE]
Lol the moment you say your going to miss yard sales, you'll miss an old Grandma selling her son's old NES collection for a $1 a game and in it is the Gold 1990 World Championship cart, Cheetamen 2, and Hot Slots. :hot:

Alright, I got out of my last class early today, and on the way home I took a trip through a neighborhood by accident, because of a road closure. Down that road I saw some ayrd sale signs, and thought, "yard sales on a Thursday"? I dont think ive ever seen them advertised on thursdays in my town, but I was intrigued, I followed.

Im very glad I did! I had a nice find. This mom was selling her sons old dreamcast(among other things). She had 26 games, 3 controllers, some memory cards, etc. The system was priced at $50, but the games were marked $6 each. I talked her down to $3 each, since most of them have scratches on the cases, or replacement labels. I think I did pretty well anyway, considering some of the games they had!

She had a lot of imports, which is what I DIDNT buy. Here's what I did though! I had her test all the games, since some had scratches and stuff. She didnt complain, and they all worked!

1000591.jpg

So, $48 for

Grandia 2
MVC2
SF3 double impact
Skies of arcadia
Virtual On Oratorio tangram
Nightmare Creatures 2
Record of Lodoss War
Capcom Vs SNK
Seaman
Evolution 1/2
Psychic Force 2012
Gunbird 2
Sword of the Berserk Guts' Rage
Bang! Gunship Elite
Shenmue

That's one of the nicer spreads of Dreamcast hauls that I've seen, well done.

Went looking around today.. Nothing. 5 sales advertised, I went to 2 unadvertised ones, got nothing.

Saturdays are the big garage sale days around here, there's 43 sales advertised tomorrow. Im really wishing I hadnt told my work I would do morning shifts:lol: maybe I can squeeze a couple in that are advertising games though!

Edit: I hardly ever see people with dreamcast games around here either, so I really got lucky yesterday! There goes my luck for a while;)

If anyone is interested, I would be u for trading any of the games there! They'll be on my list tonight

Well, here's another post, not very video game related, but it is yard sale related! About an hour ago I went to the post office and on the way home I saw a yard sale sign. I followed it and saw a bunch of metalwork when I passed it. They didnt have any electronics at all, but they had a bunch of self-made metal pieces. It turns out the couple who welds them used to be my baby sitters when I was 4-6 years old. Crazy eh?

They let me take any one of the pieces I wanted for free, so I took this -

1000594w.jpg

Its big and heavy, barely fit in my trunk.

Haha, it does look pretty crazy now that I looked at it some more. I was planning to give it to my mom, since she likes Art involving the sun. Im not sure she'll like the face though.

Might give it to my aunt for christmas. Either way im not keeping it:whistle2:#

[quote name='Potatoeman']Alright, I got out of my last class early today, and on the way home I took a trip through a neighborhood by accident, because of a road closure. Down that road I saw some ayrd sale signs, and thought, "yard sales on a Thursday"? I dont think ive ever seen them advertised on thursdays in my town, but I was intrigued, I followed.

Im very glad I did! I had a nice find. This mom was selling her sons old dreamcast(among other things). She had 26 games, 3 controllers, some memory cards, etc. The system was priced at $50, but the games were marked $6 each. I talked her down to $3 each, since most of them have scratches on the cases, or replacement labels. I think I did pretty well anyway, considering some of the games they had!

She had a lot of imports, which is what I DIDNT buy. Here's what I did though! I had her test all the games, since some had scratches and stuff. She didnt complain, and they all worked!

1000591.jpg

So, $48 for

Grandia 2
MVC2
SF3 double impact
Skies of arcadia
Virtual On Oratorio tangram
Nightmare Creatures 2
Record of Lodoss War
Capcom Vs SNK
Seaman
Evolution 1/2
Psychic Force 2012
Gunbird 2
Sword of the Berserk Guts' Rage
Bang! Gunship Elite
Shenmue[/QUOTE]

nice.... too bad the son will probably not be too happy.

bread's done
Back