Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='Crchingtigr']I'm with you, it took me months b/c they are not in abundance like playstation and xbox controllers.:roll:[/QUOTE]i find n64 controllers all the time, i probably have 25-30 of them arund here that eventually get bundled with systems

picture.php

Hit up one sale today that was advertising Wii, PS3, 360, and more. These were listed at the following.

Mario Kart DS - $5
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - $5
Super Smash Bros Brawl (case is kinda beat up) - $6
NCAA Basketball 09 (no manual) - $6
Lion King DVD - $2
Whoonu (one of the games in the Cranium family) - $3
Total - $27

I CIF'd $20, she looked at all the products and said 'Yeah, that's fine.' I was thrilled. There were more games, but it was basically all sports titles. I took almost everything that wasn't. I'm planning to trade in SSBB and the DS games today or tomorrow, considering with the 50% extra trade in credit it'll be about $50 in GS credit. Great day.

First time out this year:

Skanky Wii Controller- $5 (down from $8)
Wired 360 Controller without the usb end piece- $1 (asking price/took an end piece off of an old guitar controller and it works fine)

GB games ($1 a piece.)
Krusty's Fun House
Space Invaders
Tarzan
Ms. PacMan
Kirby's Block Ball

Was most excited about the 360 controller as I was needing one for my pc (trying to make an indie game).

Sorry for the no pictures.

Xbox console
2 sets of AV cables
Power cables
$5 total
I went to this sale and asked aboot games, and they said no. but as I was leaving I saw this. They said $10, but I offered $5.

Pink GBA SP
GBA SP charger
$1
I saw nothing at this sale, but I looked in a random bin and saw it. They said $2, I said $1.

Jakks 2-player Plug-and-Play Atari Paddle
$1
Originally $2, but I offered $1.

Spiderman 2 collector's DVD Gift set
$1
They wanted $1 per movie, and everything was VHS except for this.

Can somebody help me with the Xbox? It turns on, but there's no audio or video. I know it's not the cable, I tried it on my other Xbox. They said that it should work, but if it doesn't they'd give me my money back if I brought the system back. Any help?

[quote name='chimpster1313']
picture.php

Hit up one sale today that was advertising Wii, PS3, 360, and more. These were listed at the following.

Mario Kart DS - $5
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - $5
Super Smash Bros Brawl (case is kinda beat up) - $6
NCAA Basketball 09 (no manual) - $6
Lion King DVD - $2
Whoonu (one of the games in the Cranium family) - $3
Total - $27

I CIF'd $20, she looked at all the products and said 'Yeah, that's fine.' I was thrilled. There were more games, but it was basically all sports titles. I took almost everything that wasn't. I'm planning to trade in SSBB and the DS games today or tomorrow, considering with the 50% extra trade in credit it'll be about $50 in GS credit. Great day.[/QUOTE]

I think we are all jealous of ou.
Great find.

Didn't get much this week . . . got 8 PS2 games and 1 Gamecube game, $1 a piece, none worth mentioning but maybe Shadow Hearts: From the New World (PS2).

NES
Ghost'N Goblins
8 Eyes
Blaster Master
Batman the video game
Blades of Steel
Timelord

all cart only, all $1 each. 4 of em available to trade on Goozex right away so $20 worth of points for em.

I believe I saw Ash today beat me to an snes lot by minutes some like 30 games, rare ones too. I'll post findings with pics later.

First big day of the year! It's good to be back.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village: $5

Sony PlayStation w/ 2 Controllers, 2 Memory Cards, Hookups, GameShark
Final Fantasy VIII
The Legend of Dragoon
Nintendo 64 w/ Controller, Expansion Pak, Hookups
Rampage World Tour
Star Fox 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Nintendo Gamecube w/ 3 Controllers, Memory Card, Hookups
Kirby Air Ride (disc only)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Total: $20

Lego Rock Band (sealed): $10

Shenmue
Naki VGA Box
Sony PlayStation w/ 2 Controllers, Memory Card, Hookups, Game Hunter Pro CD Version 2Meg
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes
Asteroids
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Gran Turismo
Madden NFL '98
Tiny Toon Adventures: Plucky's Big Adventure
Top Gun: Fire At Will!
Vandal Hearts
Wild Arms
Total: $25

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Sonic and the Secret Rings (disc only)
Total: $1

Pokemon Blue Version
Pokemon Gold Version
Pokemon Red Version
Pokemon Yellow Version
Total: $8

We

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a town yardsale today. I had that feeling that I just wasen't going to get anything but damn that was wrong.
Most yardsales have a box of old CD's that are either music, or other junk. I spotted a Sega Dreamcast game in the box and had a look. It was the web browser. I think they stopped supporting it though so I left it. I found two other PS1 games in the box. I bought them both, and then returned the other one because it was missing a disc. This is the one I kept:
2ajtgyt.jpg

The yard sale right after had this game. I offered them $1 and they took it. No manual though.
156veh0.jpg

Many yard sales later I saw this for $1. This is an after picture of when I finised cleaning it up:
2ni1sf9.jpg

I saw this for $2. I bought it because it might be worth something:
ix5p46.jpg

I acctually kinda regret this. I paid $10 for a complete PS1. It had everything: box, manual, system, controllers, instructions, cables:
15oyvxk.jpg

I don't even own a Gamegear but for 50 cents you can't complain:
2l91suv.jpg

Plenty of good finds for me.

Only visited half a dozen sales today, but made two good purchases:

2 Nintendo DS Lites + Chargers
2 cart only mario karts ds
1 cart only cooking mama ds
1 complete Zelda Twilight Princess for Wii
1 disc only Mario Strikers for Wiii

Offered $40 and she took it right away.

The second purchase:

Starcraft Retribution + Manual
Starcraft Insurrection + Manual
MX Revolution Mouse (Complete)
MX518 Mouse
Call of Duty 4 PC
Sins of Solar Empire PC

All for $10. I wasn't sure if the two starcraft expansions are rare but I rolled the dice on them.

[quote name='Capsuledragon']
I acctually kinda regret this. I paid $10 for a complete PS1. It had everything: box, manual, system, controllers, instructions, cables:

Plenty of good finds for me.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't feel bad about paying $10 for any complete in box system. Good finds!

Did pretty well today

All working, but nes pin connector seems flimsy.
N64
Jet Force Gemini
Mission Impossible
Goldeneye 007
Army men Sarges Heroes
Mario Party 1
" " 2
" " 3
rush 2
Diddy Kong racing
Wheel of Fortune
Super Smash Bros
Yoshi's Story
Donkey Kong 64
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
4x controllers
ac cord only

Snes
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 3
Yoshi's Island
Pitfall
Super Mario World
2x controllers
all cords

Nes
Bible Adventures (I know what im playing today)
Journey to the Promised Land Exodus (looks very dark for biblical game)
SMB 3
SMB/Duckhunt
Tetris
Dr Mario
2x controllers
all cords

pics
dsc06980r.jpg

dsc06983u.jpg

dsc06981.jpg

all for $50

This was my first yardsale I hit and the last one I went to.

all at yard sales
P6050138.jpg

Black Dahlia, Time Machine, Sonic Mega Collection disc only - $2 total, originally $2 each. Looks like Time Machine is worthless but I can sell Black Dahlia for 10 bucks or so. Keeping Sonic

P6050140.jpg

5 bucks total for the N64 and NES. One of the NES controllers has a cool sticker on it

P6050142.jpg

TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus for $5 total. 83 turns off after a second if it is moved at all, if I can't get it to work I can still get $50 for the 84 so I don't really care.

P6050141.jpg

NHL 03, Namco Museum, Wipeout 3 and Seaman were 25 cents each. DIdn't really want them but the money was going to a youth group and they were only a quarter, so why not?

P6050143.jpg

NFS, Spyro, and Blast Lacrosse discs only were $1 each at St Vincent De Paul Thrift

well guess what, all three of the ps1 games don't work, even after putting them in my professional resurfacer. I'm going to send them to a guy with a better resurfacer than me to get fixed, hopefully they'll work after that. i was hoping to get $30 for blast lacrosse :(

but still no big deal, the calculator pretty much pays for everything

Hit a community sale and stopped by maybe 40, and there was pretty much 0 video game stuff for sale. Before getting there, stopped at 2 which had video games listed in the ad.

At first one, got Space Harrier, Keith Courage in Alpha Zones, Blazing Lazers, and Dragon Spirit for TurboGrafx for $3 total. All complete cept the last one.

Second one had a lone copy of Doom 64 for $5. He said he wanted $3 at least, I offered $2, and he ended up agreeing. Not that great, since the game is worth like $1-$5.

Other notable mentions: A new postal scale for $3, a big lot of Pokemon cards for $1 (I haven't gone through it, but I see at least one holofoil.

And found an old Greenleaf Pierce dollhouse, haggled down to $25. It sells for $140-$190 new, and sold on ebay recently for ~$80. Not reselling it, but still not bad for something my GF wanted.

*edit* Been ebaying Pokemon card prices; working on the first 2 sleeves with 36 cards, the value of recent sales already totals about $20, including a ~$5 Gengar =P A lot of the first sheet was actually rare Yugioh cards, which were between $0.50~$3 a piece.

Had a lil fun today but only some luck.
Hit a community sale but didnt have much luck. You would think at least someone would have some video games. Only one game out of 20 booths.

060500.jpg

2 books- $0.10 each, donated $1 to them. Library sale.
Starcraft:Brood Wars- $0.10

Hit a few more nothing.

Last sale was a lil better. The Valet Charger was best find of the day. Always wanted one but to exspensive.

Charger Valet- $3
Top Gun NES- $0.25
Far Cry PC- $1
Time Machine- $0.25
Cd case- $0.25

Better luck next week.

More pics
060500_155600.jpg

060500_155601.jpg

Why cant I have ur guys luck.
I would lov another GBA SP to play my GBA games since my mom keeps forgetting to send mine to me. Or a N64 or Super Nintendo. If any of ou wanna sell an extra you have that works, hit me up please.

[quote name='adriley313']

Why cant I have ur guys luck.
[/QUOTE]

Just keep trying and thiink positive. You'll end up finding something. I Missed a snes lot by seconds. The guy was standing next to all the games and never said anything while I was grabbing them , then the owner came with a box and said " oh I already made a deal with this guy"

qodu0p.jpg

First sale I went to, their ad claimed they had a lot of gaming stuff but it was somewhat disappointing. Games were $3 each.
:360: Gears of War CE
:ps2: Katamari Damacy
N64 LOZ: Majora's Mask and Armorines
:pc: Spore

15q99p5.jpg

Very random stuff. $5 all.
Nintendo "Mini Classic" Game Boy
Purple GBA case thingy.
Yuffie keychain
Dreamcast controller extension cable x2
Myst: Strategies & Secrets guide

28su3c2.jpg

Random games from different places.
:gc: Mario Kart Double Dash - $2
:wii: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Lightsaber Duels - $4
:360: Project Gotham Racing 3 - $3
Prima Pocket Pokedex (ruby/sapphire era) - $.25
:gba: Donkey Kong: King of Swing + manual - $1
:gba: Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland + manual - $1

2aij18i.jpg

Microsoft wireless optical desktop comfort edition (wireless mouse and keyboard) - $5
Lord of the Rings book trilogy boxed set - $1

Using the mouse and keyboard right now. Say what you like about microsoft, they make a good keyboard.

Not a bad day but I've been tripping over PS2/GC/Xbox games lately. I want some retro dammit. Going to a huge church sale tomorrow, looking forward to that.

Seems like almost everyone did well today. No HUGE scores, but a lot of decent to great deals. First weekend of June, shouldn't have expected any differently.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Seems like almost everyone did well today. No HUGE scores, but a lot of decent to great deals. First weekend of June, shouldn't have expected any differently.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I did better than I really thought I did. Wasn't that satisfied due to the ultra low amount of gaming stuff, till I really sat down and thought about it.

I really need a camera to show what I did today; when I got back after 5-6 hours I laid out the games and strategy guides on my bed like a woman. I went a little overboard on some sealed dvds--dropped about $95 ($2.50 each is way too much, dammit!), but there was enough good stuff to make up for the excesses.

Noteworthy items:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (pc) - free
Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars - free

Eight Playstation 1 longbox games for $5
Probably all crap, but just seeing minty longboxes was exciting

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Strategy Guide
Bought more crap guides than I should have had to get this

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (Gamecube)
Lost Kingdoms 2 (Gamecube) - $11 for the pair.

13 n64 carts
Lost control a little here, maybe I should've been clued in by the six sealed boxes of Daikatana for n64. Maybe I should go back and get those, but WHO could possibly want them?
25 nes carts

1 dark green lego helicopter without propellor or landing gear - $1
Kid had a box for $10, and told me I could take the copter for 50 cents, and I was like hell no, I don't have any blocks that are this color. We got to talking and pretty much had the same mentality, so that's why I paid more XD Edit: This shit is megablocks.

d***, everyone did awesome today.
Is this weekend the pinnacle, prime of yard sales for this year? Will next weekend gradually slow down?

[quote name='dejeckt']d***, everyone did awesome today.
Is this weekend the pinnacle, prime of yard sales for this year? Will next weekend gradually slow down?[/QUOTE] I think so , scored some rare snes rpgs I'll post a pic tommorow also bought a bunch of magic battletech and star wars ccgs like 2500 cards.

[quote name='dejeckt']d***, everyone did awesome today.
Is this weekend the pinnacle, prime of yard sales for this year? Will next weekend gradually slow down?[/QUOTE]

Yup everyone did well:) with the exception of me lol hit up like 25 yardsales and nothing video game or electronic wise. oh well maybe next time!

[quote name='Capsuledragon']
I saw this for $2. I bought it because it might be worth something:
ix5p46.jpg

[/QUOTE]

For a second I thought this was the game.

During last year's Xmas season, I sold off my minty complete N64 Conker for $50 (which I got for $10 after it dropped) and my sealed Xbox Conker title (which I got for about $10 after it dropped) for $70. I can't justify hanging onto that kind of stuff when my backlog is huge and I can't keep up with the new games anyway.

I do hope to pick up a cheap copy of the Xbox game someday.

I doubt the demo's worth much but nice find on Clock Tower.

[quote name='dejeckt']
Is this weekend the pinnacle, prime of yard sales for this year? Will next weekend gradually slow down?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so . . . maybe a bit of spike but I think it is more of a plateau . . . we should be entering into a period of decent yard sale output. The dropoff starts at the end of July.

ok i know where i usually sale it was completely insane just how many people were out.

Anyways I got:

:gc: complete and minty
Pikmin
Resident Evil 4
= $5

:dvd:
Will and Grace season 1
Good Neighbors: The Complete Series 1-3
= $ 4

Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, The (Complete)
Mario Kart Double Dash With Bonus Disc (Complete)

$12

I asked about video games at a house Friday and the lady said her husband might have some stuff he'd be willing to put out for sale so I stopped back pretty early Saturday. Sounded like the husband had some older systems but all that he wanted to sell was a GameCube ($30) and a few games. Games were marked $2 except Zelda which was $10. I was thinking of at least offering $10 for both but just decided to pay what they were asking since they actually rounded something up which usually doesn't happen when I come back to a sale the next day when they say they do/may have something.

GameCube Game Disc Soft Case - $1
Activision Plug & Play - $1 (IAP)
Crash Bandicoot Playstation Trilogy - $4 (Complete Except 1st Game Which Is Disc Only)
3D Action Pak (Sealed, Macintosh) - .50
Dreamcast With 2x First Party Controllers - $1

The GC thing was actually from Friday & I forgot to add it to yesterday's picture and was IAP. The Crash trilogy was from an unadvertised sale, asked about games and the guy had a PS1 and a few games he brought out with these that we agreed on $4 for. 3D Action Pak was a buck and took .50. The Dreamcast I really shouldn't have bought as it looks bad, I usually pass these up if they ain't dirt cheap since they could be broken but I couldn't resist the asking price of a buck.

Nintendo 64 With Hookups, 3x Gray 1st Party Controllers, 1st Party Rumble Pak, Generic 4 Meg Expansion & 3 Games

Mario Kart 64
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

$5

Oddly enough I found this at the very last sale I went to today at about 12:45 sitting out with Mario Kart in the system and a $5 price right on the system. I didn't ask how but I don't see a nice little system bundle like this sitting out all day for $5 so I'm guessing it got marked down late or was just brought out late and was marked cheap as to better the odds of it selling and not coming back inside.

Non Find BS -
Got out at about 8 and was out for almost 5 hours and got to about 48 sales, I got to a good number of unadvertised sales today and was out about an hour or two longer then I would have been if only going to the sales I had on my list which was about 25 sales. As usual many stories about games & or systems sold last sale/years ago or something old that is still used by kids/husbands sometimes with a mom/wife that wants to sell old games that said owner doesn't want to sell. I even had one house were a mom said her son has something Sega that she asked him about selling but he didn't want to and made it sound like the next sale she will sell it behind his back if it's still around.

The only major thing woth noting at all today that I missed out on was at an unadvertised sale on a main street at about 10 or shortly after. Told me when I asked about video games that they had a box with IIRC 3 system, 6 controllers & a "shoebox" of games that I missed by an hour that sounded like it was probably some older stuff. Lady said she sold the whole thing for $5.

[quote name='FOnewearl']
Got out at about 8 and was out for almost 5 hours and got to about 48 sales[/QUOTE]

Damn, I envy you . . . I did less than half of this . . . and found less than half as much as well :whistle2:(

I bought a lot of non video game stuff today, a town nearby was having a huge yard sale day and man there were a ton of sales.

I netted a playstation longbox copy of doom, that was my only gaming pickup. It was 2$ and pristine mint condition.

I also got an iDog for 50 cents, not bad for something that originally cost quite a bit of money. Its not a bad speaker either, for the yardsale price.

Only went to one sale today, but it was advertising game systems. I did quite well.

$5 Saturn bundle - Virtual fighter, saturn arcade stick, 3d controler, 3rd party memory card, and 2 ST Keys

I didn't haggle on this, since I was a really good deal. It even had an actual video cable and not the RF adapter.

I passed on the 3 Atari 2600 systems and the Sega Genesis. I have all the different versions of the Genesis. The 2600 is a little too old for my tastes and they're always so dirty. Cleaning the games is a pain.

$2 PS1 stick, SLI Bridge, short component cable, and dvi to vga adapter.

These were all $0.50 at the same sale. They had box of computer stuff and cables. The PS1 stick was in another box of game stuff and it seemed good. It's kind of funny that I would end up getting three arcade sticks like that this weekend.

Swap Meet finds:

This atari lot for $15 total, most come with manuals. Did I get anything rare or worth anything?

2600:
Space Invaders
Dodge 'em
Street Racer
Canyon Bomber
Star Raiders
Atlantis
Video Pinball
Millipede
Front Line
Kaboom!
Laser Blast
StarMaster
Skiing
Super Breakout
Combat
Cosmic Ark
No Escape!
Solar Storm
Yars' Revenge
Vanguard
Swordquest Earthworld
Raiders of the Lost Ark
E.T.
Omega Race
Solar Fox
Space War
Bezerk
Missile Command
Sky Diver
Air-Sea Battle
Superman
Casino
Chopper Command
Space Jockey
Towering Inferno
Journey Escape
Capture
Warplock
Ice Hockey
Defender
Pitfall
Warlords
Mountain King
Commando Raid
Asteroids
Venture
Moon Patrol

7800:
Xevious x2
Food Fight
Dig Dug
Choplifter
Joust
Robotron: 2084
Pole Position II

I really know nothing about Atari games but figure 50+ games for $15 can't hurt.

Also got:

F1 Championship Edition PS3 - $10
Street Fighter Ex 2 Plus Ps1 no manual - $3
Ninja Gaiden II - $3
Banjo Tooie, Pokemon Stadium, Hey You Pikachu, Star Wars Racer carts - $5

[quote name='chimpster1313']
picture.php

[/QUOTE]

For those who are looking for flipping material. Kids DVDs are crap but Disney DVDs are golden.

Recently I have flipped Cinderella, Peter Pan, Little Mermaid and a few others. Keep your eyes open, sometimes I see sealed copies of lesser Disney films (people don't get around to opening them?) which are flippable.

Yesterday, I bought The Lion King (both discs near-mint with art) and it already sold for $19. Probably worth more near the holiday but I can use the cash now.

Of my big video score from Friday . . . (post #567) I've only listed some of the DVD sets so far (I'll be working on listing the 50 videotapes for quite awhile). But I sold off 2 sets and already recouped almost half of my outlay.

I took a chance on this sealed model kit:

model.jpg

But its not worth anything . . . but its not $2 wasted cuz my nephew loves models and his club has a drive for service men . . . it will get used. I don't see many model kits but I knew a guy who looked for nothing else.

Another piece of general advice I'd give is to look for the unusual . . . on Saturday I came across this title . . .

cuckoo.jpg

The Sterile Cuckoo with Liza Minnelli??? Because I never heard of it, I spent .50 on it . . . turns out its worth about $30.

Commonplace movies and CDs aren't worth much but I recently sold the Ladyhawk soundtrack for over $50.

schultzed were do you usually like to sell your findings amazon? I'm really getting sick and tired of ebay this last month has been hell for me on there and I finally got my first neg .

I bought a disney book "Disney enchanted tales" today I thought it was worth something turns out only fetches .01 .

[quote name='TiKi2']schultzed were do you usually like to sell your findings amazon? I'm really getting sick and tired of ebay this last month has been hell for me on there and I finally got my first neg .

I bought a disney book "Disney enchanted tales" today I thought it was worth something turns out only fetches .01 .[/QUOTE]

I've pretty much gave up on ebay about 4 years ago . . . I do very little there. I didn't like the uncertainty.

Amazon is a robust market with a few advantages. I think the buyers tend to be more serious (and perhaps picky) so they will often pay a little more. I like the "set your price" model . . . I'm patient and I find that if I wait long enough 90% of what I list sells. There are no up-front fees but you pay alot after the sale and shipping compensation isn't very high. If you pay $40 a month you become a pro-merchant and save $1 per transaction.

The keys to success on Amazon are: detailed (but not overboard) and accurate descriptions, quick shipping and fair pricing. The biggest downside is that you have to compete against Amazon itself--and they often discount new merchandise.

Here is the breakdown for my Lion King sale:
Buyer's Price: $18.99
Shipping Credit: $2.98
Amazon Commission: $-3.65 (there would be a $1.00 extra fee if you aren't a pro merchant)
Your Earnings: $18.32

So, subtract 2.50 for shipping and .75 for the item and the return is $15.

Also . . . kids books are mostly low in value--supply and demand reigns.

0606001112.jpg

Went out the last 2 weeks for the first time in awhile, no games, but some good finds nonetheless.

Best pickup was an unused copy of Cranium for $1. Been wanting this game but unwilling to spend the $30 or so it costs.

Got the Transformers Millennium Falcon and AT-AT for $4 total, in pristine condition. Didn't try and haggle with the kids there because I wasn't going to risk these. They through in the tin storage case pictured for free as well.

The Grisham paperbacks were 10 cents each, and the hardcover was 50 cents.

Never heard of the other 2 games, Stocks and Bonds which was 50 cents (It's in great condition for a game not produced in almost 40 years though) and the sealed copy of Mid-Life Crisis, which seems like a really depressing version of life. That one cost me a buck.

That and a 1Gig MP3 player for $1. I have the 8gig version of it and it's a solid little player, so I was happy with that as well.

Can't wait to go out again next weekend. Haven't really done so in awhile, and have I ever been missing out.

[quote name='schultzed']I've pretty much gave up on ebay about 4 years ago . . . I do very little there. I didn't like the uncertainty.

Amazon is a robust market with a few advantages. I think the buyers tend to be more serious (and perhaps picky) so they will often pay a little more. I like the "set your price" model . . . I'm patient and I find that if I wait long enough 90% of what I list sells. There are no up-front fees but you pay alot after the sale and shipping compensation isn't very high. If you pay $40 a month you become a pro-merchant and save $1 per transaction.

The keys to success on Amazon are: detailed (but not overboard) and accurate descriptions, quick shipping and fair pricing. The biggest downside is that you have to compete against Amazon itself--and they often discount new merchandise.

Here is the breakdown for my Lion King sale:
Buyer's Price: $18.99
Shipping Credit: $2.98
Amazon Commission: $-3.65 (there would be a $1.00 extra fee if you aren't a pro merchant)
Your Earnings: $18.32

So, subtract 2.50 for shipping and .75 for the item and the return is $15.

Also . . . kids books are mostly low in value--supply and demand reigns.[/QUOTE]

Amazon really isn't much different than Ebay now. It just seems like you pay more on AMazon because you get the full amount and then have to pay ebay (Im assuming a trick to make you think you are getting more than you are). Amazon just takes it out. MUCH MUCH nicer if you do a lot and have to do taxes on it. Amazon is a much better place to sell than Ebay. Nice not to worry about pictures also.

[quote name='schuerm26']Amazon really isn't much different than Ebay now. It just seems like you pay more on AMazon because you get the full amount and then have to pay ebay (Im assuming a trick to make you think you are getting more than you are). Amazon just takes it out. MUCH MUCH nicer if you do a lot and have to do taxes on it. Amazon is a much better place to sell than Ebay. Nice not to worry about pictures also.[/QUOTE]They are both good and bad in different ways. I just put my items on whichever site they sell for the most at. :D

Since you guys asked what else we look for at garage sales, I posted about 90% of what I bought this weekend. Some are hits and some are misses...;)

All of these items were $0.25 each or less. The VHS tapes are a miss. The beanies I can get at least $2-5 each since they are in such nice shape with the tags intact. The snoopy color forms are complete (I will keep these) and the Tupperware is in really nice shape so I should be able to get about $6-$10 for it.

Next I have some random toys:

Mixed Star Wars etc $1 total.
Fables, Vertigo Graphic Novel $0.25 Star Wars guys $2 each (charity GS, so I didn't haggle).
Spidey and Wolverine in the package $0.25 each (I will keep these).

I picked up the Pokemon stuff and the guitar for $10 total. He wanted $30. I CIFed $10.

Pokemon Blue and Yu Gi Oh Dark Duel Stories are the games.

The guitar is a Cort CGM-130. I do not know much about this model, but it should be worth more than what I paid for it.

I would appreciate some info on the guitar if any of you are fellow players. :pray:

This is post 1 of 2. I will get the the rest of it in a day or two! :bouncy:

slowdive where do you sell your stuff? do you have a yardsale with all the stuff you get and do oy usualy make more money then you lose from yardsaling (arg). i like this thread it's interesting.

[quote name='jab1235']slowdive where do you sell your stuff? do you have a yardsale with all the stuff you get and do oy usualy make more money then you lose from yardsaling (arg). i like this thread it's interesting.[/QUOTE]

I basically check ebay, half, and amazon for the highest value for each item. Some items can not be sold on half that can be sold on amazon or ebay.

Most of the time it is on ebay since I get a lot of scammers on amazon and half (and I am a top-rated seller on ebay). If it is a low value item, I will just dump it at my own garage sale 1-2 times a year. I probably waste too much time looking for the highest profit. Sometimes it is better to quickly turn stuff around so you do not have it laying around the house for years! :lol:

Nice finds you got slowdive.

DSCF1728.jpg

So after the sale yesterday that I missed the snes stuff by mere seconds. I decided to scoop up my mom since there was a sale advetising LLADRO figures and I know she likes that crap. We paid $30 for 2 figures . you could easyly triple that no problem flipping it, the key is to make sure you buy it with the box. I told her to sell it, she wants to keep it.

DSCF1721.jpg

Later in the day at some huge community sale . I found those puppies. Guy said they weren't for sale cause someone had told him they were valuable. Well I had clean out all his CCG cards magic battletech and star wars about 2500 cards or so and I asked him are you sure you don't want to sell them. He thought about it a sec and agreed to sell them. I paid $8. oh yeh and I also bought some junkie nes titles off him which I over paid for $1 each . He had said that someone had bought a ton of games off him earlier . He probably had gold.

DSCF1725.jpg

This was today . I figured wtf lets see if they are worth anything. Plus I like scifi and fantasy books ,so I'll probably read them before I sell them. paid $1.50 for the 3.

Also bought xenosaga and tekken 3 for $1 each

[quote name='slowdive21']
Most of the time it is on ebay since I get a lot of scammers on amazon and half (and I am a top-rated seller on ebay). [/QUOTE]

What kind of scams on Amazon?

I've had thousands of transactions on Amazon and only 3 that I thought were scam attempts. 2 of them were videogame sales (over 2 years ago). Probably 90% of my sales are books and most book buyers don't run scams.

On two of the scams, Amazon paid out A-Z claims but didn't charge me. On the latest, a textbook, the buyer waited 50 days and then claimed they didn't receive the book. I suggested they file an A-Z claim . . . they didn't and the 60 day (for feedback and refunds) limit passed.

Most of the time the people order an item and then cancel the transaction immediately to see if I will send it out before amazon notifies me. I have also had people order, then email me 2 days later saying "cancel" but they never officially cancel it on the amazon site. Amazon also only covers item shipped with tracking, so delivery confirmation is not enough. (even though, you can see when it arrived at the sort facility, etc).

You basically need UPS or FED ex or USPS insured or signature confirmation.

Here is a thread I started on CAG where we keep track of repeat offenders:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189537

Most of it is common sense, but some people are new to ebay/amazon/half.

bread's done
Back