Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='ninja dog']somehow, I doubt grandma and grandpa's suburban yardsale will have it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not, but its surprising what does turn up. How about a DS in the "free" box that only needs a new battery . . . who's post was that a few weeks ago? Damn, I'd love that one!

One of my favs from last year: I walk up . . . many would drive on because there didn't seem to be much going on . . . but in the driveway was a small box with 23 sealed copies of the DVD "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" . . . well-know 60s BW British film. I think it was marked .50 each. I offered $5 for the box--they were happy to see it go away. The owner was on the phone but her daughter said they were mailed to her by mistake?!?

The price flucuated . . . for a while Amazon had it as $6 new :whistle2:( But I was patient and 8 months later they were gone (ave. 10-11 each).

[quote name='allyourblood']It's true, unless any of you actually take a ride with me someday, all you have is my word. ;)

However, for something completely related, visit Digital Press's May Finds thread in the "What's It Worth?" forum. The fun starts on page 9 and lasts quite a while. It starts back up again on page 20. It's worth it, I promise! (there I go again)[/QUOTE]

Finally I'm over the 2-week waiting period on Digital Press . . . Did anyone else join 2 weeks ago?

You're right (allyourblood), this is a great thread. And a great site that I've finally joined!

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...=144012&page=9

[quote name='schultzed']Maybe not, but its surprising what does turn up. How about a DS in the "free" box that only needs a new battery . . . who's post was that a few weeks ago? Damn, I'd love that one!

One of my favs from last year: I walk up . . . many would drive on because there didn't seem to be much going on . . . but in the driveway was a small box with 23 sealed copies of the DVD "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" . . . well-know 60s BW British film. I think it was marked .50 each. I offered $5 for the box--they were happy to see it go away. The owner was on the phone but her daughter said they were mailed to her by mistake?!?

The price flucuated . . . for a while Amazon had it as $6 new :whistle2:( But I was patient and 8 months later they were gone (ave. 10-11 each).[/QUOTE]

yeah, I'm trying to think of crazy scores I've made at yardsales...and nothing's coming to mind. I guess I've made some outlandish gaming scores like a box full of 3DO games and an Atari Lynx.

Clearance sections and pawn shops have been kinder to me.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I found a boxed Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak for NES last year at a sale. I paid $2. I sold the cart for $110, and the box by itself for $225.[/QUOTE]

I always see Flintstones: Adventures of Dino and Hoppy, freak out, try to remember if it's the rare one, buy it, bring it home, and let out a huge "AWWWWWW....." when I find out it's the wrong one.

I also always get the 2K3 gamecube games mixed up. I've bought a couple NBA 2K3s and NCAA Football 2K3s thinking they were the rare ones (it's NCAA basketball that's rare.) Just yesterday I saw a new and sealed copy of NCAA Football 2K3 for the gamecube and almost had a heart attack before remembering it's the wrong one.

I used to mix up Super Team Games and Stadium Events, but only made that mistake once.

thank goodness for my iphone though...has helped me out a lot at sales.

[quote name='Idx86']Got a good deal on Tiger Woods '09 for 360 yesterday. Marked as $10, paid $5.[/QUOTE]

Um, so I should I picked up the copies of Tiger Woods 09 on 360 for $2.97 at Sears?

Hit up a small community one today. Not much gaming related and I passed on all of it. (Winter Olympics and Hardball III for the Genesis for .50 each, a PS2 extender cord unmarked, a copy of the Halo Reach book and the Diablo II Battlechest for $5. Prob should've grabbed the latter, but I already have the two discs with the codes from the local Goodwill.)

I did snag the following... an ugly green wooden shelf for free. (Like three feet long, looks like someone's shop class work.) A copy of Big Willie Style on CD for $1 (Good condition) and finally, a poster for Joe's Apartment for a dime, still in the plastic.

The latter led to a funny exchange as it was one of those family yard sales where they were marking down what was who's stuff. Apparently it was found in a closet so they said to mark it down for the one guy who had nothing of his sold at that point as they wanted to tell him that night that he made a dime.

[quote name='elessar123']Um, so I should I picked up the copies of Tiger Woods 09 on 360 for $2.97 at Sears?[/QUOTE]

Probably. Wasn't at our Sears, and I'm not exactly distraught about spending an extra two bucks.

[quote name='Idx86']Probably. Wasn't at our Sears, and I'm not exactly distraught about spending an extra two bucks.[/QUOTE]

I went to 4 other Sears in the past 24 hours.... They had $9.97 Tiger Woods 08! So yea, I guess I shouldn't have passed on Tiger Woods 09 for $3.

In other news, picked up Tenchu (ps1) for $1. And Simon and Garfunkle vinyl Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme with the song Scarborough Fair on it, also for $1.
Only bought it cause of Bayonetta.

I picked this stuff up today for $10:

Virtual Boy with Controller, Battery Pack, AC Adapter, and manual for the system
Mario Tennis w/ instructions
Mario Clash (Complete)
Red Alarm (Complete)
Duck Tales for Game Boy (Complete)

Donkey Kong 64
Hey You, Pikachu!
NBA Live 98
Pokemon Snap
Star Wars Episode One Racer
Super Smash Bros
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

$5

Asked about older video games at a sale that only had a few GameCube games out. As I was leaving the lady called me back and asked her son if he had anything and he brought out some N64 games he didn't play any more, made an offer of $5 for them.

Brave Fencer Musashi
Darkstalkers 3
Final Doom

(All Complete) $10

This sale had a decent sized table with a bunch of PS2/PS1 games, probably about 50 games or a little more between both systems. Said $4 a game $10 for 3 and I think some other price if you bought more. I picked out these 3 and tried to do a little better since they were PS1 games but the lady said they were for her son that wasen't around and that he was trying to raise money for a vaction (be it the truth or not).

GameShark 2 (PS2, I'm Pretty Sure It's Complete) - .10 (IAP)

N64 With Hookups, 3x 1st Party Controllers

Cruis'n World
Namco Museum 64
Nascar 98
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario 64

$6

GBA SP, GBA (Missing Battery Cover)

Donkey Kong Country (GBC)
GTA 2 (GBC)
Super Mario Advance (GBA)

$4

The GameShark 2 was from one sale.

The N64 & GBA stuff were from an unadvertised sale that I was actually told about at a sale a block over on my list so they get an assist on this find had I never would have went back over a block to this sale if they never told me about it. I'm guessing it was about 10 or shortly after when I found this I paid the asking price on both.

Joystick - .50

Found this at one of my last sales, was marked a buck and took .50.

Non Find BS -
Got out at about 8:20 and was out just over 4 hours, went to about 35 sales and a few misc 2nd hand stores while I was out.

The only expensive video game thing I remember seeing today was a complete in box DS Lite that said it was barely used for $90 and a few $20 new games like Brain Age for $10 a pop. Not video game related but I also saw an A/V cord marked $5. I had to do a double take to make sure it wasen't .50, I'm thinking this would even be cheaper at Raido Shack.

The one house I kind of got a kick out of as I saw two cartoon related GC games and asked a 50 or 60 some year old lady about older video games and she said something like "we keep those since they are worth money" or something like that as if they do have something older not for sale or as to let me know that if they sell it it'll be where the big bucks are and not at a yardsale.

3 of the sales I went to late in the day told me I missed games, one sounded like GBA (or GB something) games. The one I don't know what I missed and the last one was the sale I got the joystick at so I mentioned how I'm thinking I missed some Atari stuff and the lady said her husband collects them as if it was newer or at least not Atari stuff.

This was the same exact type of joystick I saw at the flea market a few weeks ago. I'm thinking it just might be the same exact one, I didn't see the flea market seller at the yardsale but if it was his I have a feeling I didn't missing anything special as per my BS story from last Sunday about this guy in the flea market thread.

Im hoping tomorrow will be one of my first good weeks. We finnaly have a decent village wide coming up and there are quite a few listed sales that are actually listing video games. Im hopeful for tomorrow.

Don't know if I'll have time for Sat. sales . . . we leave on vacation early Sunday. West Coast trip -- I'll be out of action until July.

Nice day . . . lots of sales but not many great finds. Of my gaming stuff:

Day started out cool because I saw the set up of a sale as I walked my dog before going out. These were in a bin . . . I snagged the 3 Wii games and held them up to the teen owner who just looked at the games and me for a second . . .

Wiigames.jpg

So, I threw out "$10 for all three?" He countered $12 . . . deal. I asked if he'd throw in RR7 and make it $13 but he wanted $14. This was at 7:30.

I took a bad path on my drive as I started but found these at a sale:

DSgames.jpg

I offered $10 for the pair and after some negotiation, we settled on $12.

I corrected and got on a better heading going toward some subdivisions. I know that Risk has value, so I offered $1 for these three:

PCgames.jpg

And I know have a nice copy of Risk and 2 spare cases :)

I couldn't resist buying these:

GBAgames.jpg

I gave her a quarter and told her to keep the change.

I paid $3 for these:

PCgames2.jpg

but I'm not sure why.

Pretty nice guides . . .

guides.jpg

for $1.50

My favorite purchase of the day requires some explanation:

typewriter.jpg

My son (11) loves typewriters . . . he loves computers more but he thinks typewriters are pretty cool. And he uses them. We have a very cruddy manual that he pounds away on (it needs a ribbon). I picked up an electric at Goodwill a few years ago but it has been erratic and then the ribbon broke. I was going to get a ribbon but . . .

This is a pretty good IBM Selectric . . . probably cost hundreds in its day. I saw this marked for $20 . . . so I asked about it but then hit some other sales. I came back and said "would you take $5?" and she accepted. As I put it in the car . . . she told me I had to take the table too!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FOnewearl']Brave Fencer Musashi
Darkstalkers 3
Final Doom

(All Complete) $10

[/QUOTE]

Nice finds on the PS1 games . . . I want to see some good stuff like this.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I found a boxed Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak for NES last year at a sale. I paid $2. I sold the cart for $110, and the box by itself for $225.[/QUOTE]

Very nice

I finally found something today after a couple weeks of drought.

Sega CD model 2 with Genesis model 1
Sonic 2 (cart only, was plugged into it)
NBA Jam (complete, but it looks like the case sat in the sun for a year)

Paid $2, IAP

It was really dirty, the CD lid wouldn't open, and it was missing the AC Adapter for the Sega CD, but the sticker said "works", so I took a gamble

I got home, cleaned it up, got the lid to open, and inside found Shining Force CD!! Plugged it all in with one of my extra AC adapters, and it booted right up. Best $2 I spent in a long while, gonna be a nice profit.

edit:
When I was out earlier I saw some pokemon games marked at 1.50 each, I decided to pass at the time, but after I thought about it, I went back and grabbed them.
Pokemon Yellow, Red, Crystal, and The Trading Card Game
Paid: $6

I won't make huge profit, but profit is profit, and I always end up kicking myself when I pass something I could've profited from.

Went back out today, and surprisingly saw quite a few video games but nothing worth buying. 2 GH guitars, the drum set, GH3 and 4 for $75. Some crappy PS titles for $3 each, two even crappier PS2 titles for $5.

I did snag the following though...

Andy Milonakis Season 1 for $2
Mystery Men DVD for $1 (sans plastic wrap but still has the tabs on it, widescreen)
Without a Paddle DVD for $1 (full screen, so I'm giving it to my sister after I watch it)
A Pennsylvania State flag for $1 (really nice still in the box)
A 1945 PA license plate for $2
A 1983 Georgia license plate for $1 (for my sister who likes the Braves, Coca Cola, The Dukes of Hazzard and about all things Georgian.)
and one dude gave me two caster wheels for a Sears vaccuum cleaner for free. I have no use for them, I just picked it up to look it over.

Recent yard sale finds:

May 22

Find of the day:
Marvel vs Capcom 2 PS2 (no manual) $3

May 29

Doctor Who Davros Collection UK PAL format DVD box $1 (limited edition #86 of 10,000)
Sarah Jane Adventures Season 1 DVD $1
Twilight Princess GC, asking $9, CIF'ed $5
Torchwood Season 2 $1
Jericho Season 1 $2
Jericho Season 2 $1
Midtown Madness $1
X-Wing Alliance $1

June 19

Diablo Battle Chest $1
Hellgate London $1
Black & White 2 $1
Deadwood Season 1 $3
Scrabble Slam $0.50
X-Men vs Street Fighter PS1 (blockbuster case) $1
Tomba (complete) $1

All of this stuff is for the Xbox, and complete, unless it says otherwise:
Ghost Recon
Silent Scope Complete
Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30
Star Wars Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds
Ghost Recon Island Thunder (no manual)
25 To Life
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Turok Evolution
Torino 2006
Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Radio Future
Capcom Classics Collection V1
Enclave
Night Caster 2 Equinox
Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow
Hitman 2
SWAT Global Strike Team
Top Gear RPM Tuning
IHRA Drag Racingh 2004
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Silent Hill 2
Dead Or Alive 3 (no manual)
NASCAR Chase for the Cup 2005
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Men of Valor
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Need for Speed Underground 2
Total Immersion Racing
Project Gothamn Racing
WW2 Combat Road to Berlin
Circus Maximus Chariot Wars
NHL Hitz 2002 (disc only)
Farcry Instinctys demo
Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood demo
Xbox Madcatz Micro controller
Ms Pac-man Collection Plug-and Play
Myst 10th Anniversary DVD Edition PC/Mac
Stuffed Charizard
Ener-G Gym Rockets DS (case and manual only)
Mattel Classic Sports plug-and-play
Generic 25-game Plug-and-play
Random Cables
$12.20 total
They wanted 50 cents each for the Xbox games, but I offered $10 for them all. They were in the same box as the cables, controller, and 2 plug-and-plays, but they said they would sell me those once they found the system. A few minutes after I bought it, I saw a guy looking through the box of games, then the seller said they had been sold. Later, at another sale, When I asked about games they said they had some Xbox stuff but somebody just bought it. Interesting. The Ms. Pac-man was 50 cents, Myst (which includes Myst 1-3) and the DS case were 50 cents total, and the Charizard was supposed to be 10 cents but I forgot to take it with me, so when I came back I just payed another 10 cents. The other stuff that was in the Xbox box I offered $1 for, after I went back 2 or 3 times and they hadn't found the system. I went back while they were packing up, and they said they still hadn't found it.

Nintendo RF Switch
Honey-bee Genesis Turbo controller
$1 total
The seller said that "a lady bought a box full of games for $20". She didn't specify what, but I found these lying around and offered $1. It was the rest of the video game stuff.

So, it was a good day. Now I know I have some competition. It's too bad they didn't find the Xbox, they said it would be $5.

Well it was hot out today and i started out late to top it off. i do not know after how many posts that you can post pictures but picked up

Resident evil 2 ps1 black label 1.00
Dreamcast and Xbox with controllers and rockband with two guitars for the xbox 15.00
Brand new computer chair 6.00 lol needed new one
Various playstation 1 games for .50 cents each

overall pretty good for starting late 9am but kinda regretting getting xbox with rockband as i feel that its just gonna sit here taking up space. suggestions as to what i do with it? Was hoping to find gamecube games ahhah

ninja gaiden II (complete) = $2
blaster master (complete) = $2
Eek! the cat comics 1-3 = $1
roland s-50 with a box of disks = $10
t2 endoskeleton action figure complete in box (new?) = $10
final fantasy I guide = $0.50
banjo-kazooie and hot newz VHS tapes - $1

There may have been a few other things, but that is most of it.

Went to about 40 today, but didn't find much. Glacier Gameboy Advance without abattery cover and about 10 games for $15. They wouldn't go any lower, but I took it anyways.

Other than that, found some books GF wanted, and the Gears of War book for $1.

Found 3 nice records, but that's not really of interest to most =P If you do care:
Through the Looking Glass reading, 4 vinyls, for $1 (sells for $30-$100, picked it up cause we're slightly into Alice stuff), Eagles DJ promo vinyl, and Beatles Love Songs, paid $6 for the latter two.

[quote name='elessar123']Went to about 40 today, but didn't find much. Glacier Gameboy Advance without abattery cover and about 10 games for $15. They wouldn't go any lower, but I took it anyways.

Other than that, found some books GF wanted, and the Gears of War book for $1.

Found 3 nice records, but that's not really of interest to most =P If you do care:
Through the Looking Glass reading, 4 vinyls, for $1 (sells for $30-$100, picked it up cause we're slightly into Alice stuff), Eagles DJ promo vinyl, and Beatles Love Songs, paid $6 for the latter two.
[/QUOTE]

I just put a glacier up on amazon for $21 and cleared close to $15, so you're safe there.

Yard sale finds:

Trivial Pursuit SNL
Trivial Pursuit 90's
Wizard of Oz Trivia
$3 total. All sealed. I figure if they're not worth much Bookman's will give me more than a dollar

The Best of Smackdown DVD set
Duma Key - Stephen King paperback
EA Active Wii in big box w/ everything
$6 total. The Stephen King book is for me to read, I grabbed smackdown because I thought wrestling DVDs were worth something, looks like I can get about 6 bucks for it so not too bad.

http://www.amazon.com/Psychology-Co...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276984124&sr=8-1 for a quarter. Not bad. I took schultzed on CAG's recommendation of buying text books.

PS2 w/ Network Adapter, cords and 3rd party controller - $20

a decent emerson stereo w/ speakers for $10

Domino PSP movie and one of those things that let's you plug in an ipod to a casette player - $1 total

Goodwill:
MS Office Student & Teacher x2 (one in DVD case, one in big box) - $14.99 ea
Windows XP Upgrade - $24.99
PC Buzz Buzzers (Thought they were for PS3) - $5.99

Bookman's:
Alice CIB in big ice wand box - $20
Zone of the Enders 2 - $8

Also a shitload of packages from Hastings B2G1 glitch and some things from GS B2G1, will post my haul from that later when I go to all the stores.

Had a pretty good week this week. I found lots of great game finds and even some non game related. All games are complete unless noted.

Pikachu N64 w/ wires and controller (missing memory expansion cover) = $3

Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, Qbert, NFL 2k for Dreamcast = $6

Gamecube (doesn't work), controllers, black memory card = $5

I got all the following Gamecube games for $10.
Mario Superstar Baseball (no manual)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (Missing Disc 1, I bought it for the 2 disc case)
NFL 2K3
Scooby Doo Unmasked (rental insert)
Madden 07
Namco Museum (manual missing cover)
Lego Star Wars 2 (game doesn't work)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (game doesn't work, but sold the box and manual for $5)
Resident Evil 4 (had already, but sold game for $5 to a friend)
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Guide = $0.25

NHL Breakaway '98 (bought with N64 case) = $2

Excitebike 64, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Pokemon Stadium, Clay Fighter 63 1/2 manuals = $1

Super Monkey Ball MeeMee plush = $0.25

DS case (holds 76 games, plus some other stuff I threw in there, it's a girls case though) = $4 (wanted $5)

Local Honey a guy was selling (it's so good) = $4

Bugs Bunny Mug, Flintstones VHS, Edward Scissorhands playing cards = $2.00

Boxed Atari 7800 w/ Controllers, wires. manuals. & games = $15 (wanted $20)
Donkey Kong
Asteroids
Super Huey
Super Baseball
Xevious
Pole Position II
Ms. Pac-Man

Halo & Halo 2 (for system link parties) = $4

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles w/ 1016 Memory Card = $2

Gamecube / Game Boy Advance Link Cable = $1

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons = $0.25

NES w/ controllers, wires, games = $10 (wanted $15)
MLB Baseball
Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
Double Dare
Bad Dudes
NFL Football
To The Earth
2 copies of Tetris
American Gladiators

All the Genesis games and a gamestop gift card (still has $2.01 on it) = $5 (wanted $9)
2 copies of Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
2 copies NBA Jam
The Pagemaster
Desert Demolition Starring Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble
Combat Cars
Clay Fighter
Tiny Toon Adventures: ACME All-Stars
Batman Forever
ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
Tony La Russa Baseball
Animaniacs
Brutal: Paws of Fury

Not pictured I picked up a lot of Disney stuff including pins and figurines and a huge framed poster for $11. I can easily triple my money on these, the lady pretty much just gave me free money. I like the poster though and there is a DARKWING DUCK pin, so I think I'll keep those for now.

Today was spiffy, I picked up a Nintendo DS Titanium for $15. The bottom screen was a little scratched up, and the stylus was missing, so it took me a good number of minutes turning it over to see if there was anything wonky about it. I ended up taking it over to Gamestop and flipping it for $42 with the hardware bonus deal, good B2G1 fuel.

:ps2: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Sealed) - $2
:ps2: RE: Code Veronica X - $3 (In case my Dreamcast dies)
:ps2: Capcom Classics Collection - $2

PS1 Dualshock controller - $1 (Been looking for one of these since FOREVER to pair with a PSOne system)
"Sniper" generic Playstation Light Gun in box - $1

American Beauty DVD - 50 cents
11 CDs for $7, STP, Temple of the Dog, Smashing Pumpkins--
most of these are gonna to get flipped.

Alleyway for Gameboy - $1 (It has Mario on it, woo!)

Crappy disc only PS2 games (Kingdom Hearts was the most noteworthy) + Mario Kart Super Circuit + PS2 Dual Shock Controller and Memory Card = flipped for another $30 Gamestop credit. Paid $12ish.

Ended up paying out $69 with expenses factored in. As you can see I got that back in credit already, and I still have 5-6 items on the side which are worth selling individually.

Looking forward to the Sunday flea market tomorrow (more GS credit?)! XD

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I just put a glacier up on amazon for $21 and cleared close to $15, so you're safe there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I'm actually not looking to sell it yet. My girlfriend wanted it because she never had the cord to play Animal Crossing and Zelda (Majora's Mask?) with the Gameboy Advance. Then she left the 2 GBAs with her dad or sister whatever, and we found a cord cheap, awhile back.

Maybe we'll sell it after she retrieves one or two of those GBAs.

BTW, the games that came in the bundle were:
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Pirates of the Carribean CotBP x2
Masters of the Universe
Underground 2
Madden 2005
DBZ Taiketsu
(gbc)Tech Deck
(gbc)Tony Hawk 2
(gb)Game & Watch Gallery 2
(gb)Tetris Plus

And we also picked up PC version of Afterlife: The Last Word in Instruction Manuals from Lucas Arts for $1, and Space Ghost Coast to Coast vol. 1 for $2.

Some quality finds today. On with the show:

ng4rir.jpg

ColecoVision console w/ 2 controllers, hookups, and Donkey Kong - $10
Includes the manual for the system and Donkey Kong.
Holy son of a mother does this thing have a big power brick. I thought the Genesis power brick was a greedy bastard, but damn.

30nk9j6.jpg

SNES & PS1 games - $6 total
PS1: The Lion King: Simba's Mighty Adventure, Tecmo Stackers, Crash Team Racing, Resident Evil 2 (manual and both discs but no original case), Namco Museum vol. 1 GH, Twisted Metal GH, The Contra Adventure (disc only)
SNES: Street Fighter II Turbo w/ manual, NCAA Basketball, WWF Royal Rumble, NBA Live '95

50 cents each, can't argue with that.

j9pzm1.jpg

PC: Sonic & Knuckles Collection & Sonic 3D Blast - $2
PC: Call of Duty 4 - $1
PS1: Bloody Roar - $1

COD4 was a nice find. It was sealed but I opened it, CD key was inside. Nice.

mjb88k.jpg

N64 lot - $5
N64 black console w/ power brick and crappy controller (joystick's borked) but no video cable.
Games: Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Story, Mario Kart 64, NBA Hang Time, NBA Courtside, NBA Courtside 2, All-Star Baseball 2000, Doom 64, Mario Tennis, NFL Blitz

Carts have marker on them (on the top and back) but I've been looking for a reason to try some techniques to remove it. As for the green thing, I guess a third-party expansion pak, but it has no label or text on it at all. Plus the reset button's jammed, but with a 64 it's more of a surprise when it's not jammed. After a little cleanup the system and the extra Mario games will be a good flip.

We ended up finding a few things today but still not a lot of video gaming items.

My grandpa ended up buying a PS2 Slim with 5 games for $20.00 when it started to rain and I found a cool mini rc helicoptor I had to have for $15.00.

4x PSP Game Cases, 2x Xbox Duke Controllers & 15 Playstation Games - $10ish

First sale I went today and got to it right after 8 as it advertised some of the video game stuff & Garbage Pail Kids. I only say $10ish as I paid $10 for this stuff and a few other minor things not pictured most notably 90 some GPK from series 1 & 2. PSP cases you can probably see the IAP in the picture, Dukes were $3 for both and the PS1 games said $1 each or $5 for all. I set out the worthwhile games and the other 9 are sports games, probably should have just grabbed the good stuff for the same price or less but I always feel a little more like spending first time I see something worthwhile at a yardsale for fear of the rest of the day being little or nothing.

Mario Party 5
Super Smash Bros Melee

(Both Complete) $7

I went to this sale pretty early as it advertised games, PS2 system for $35 and mostly bad Wii games for $5 each. $5 each took $7 for both.

7 Playstation Games - .25 each

No story here except that they had PS1 games marked cheap at .25

4x N64 Controllers - $1

Unadvertised sale, I only pictured 2 of the 1st party controllers the other 2 were generic 3rd party goodness. No price took my offer of a buck.

Resident Evil Director's Cut (Complete, GH) - $1

Had a boxed PS1 with about 6 games for $10. Asked about this $2 and took a buck.

N64 With Hookups - $1

Found this at a street sale in a box of stuff with no price took my offer of a buck.

10 Atari Computer Games, Dig Dug (7800), Sam & Max (Disc Only), 2x The Punisher Guns (PS1, Saturn) & Misc Nintendo Stuff - $5

This was at a church sale that also had some people set up on the lawn like a flea market. The one lady selling had this stuff and I ended up taking everything I got for $5.

Intellivision With 5 Games With Some Misc Manuals, Overlays In A Boxed Video Game Storage Center - $5

Asked about games at a sale and this was brought out, offered $5 which was taken.

Non Find BS -
Got out the door just before 8 and was out for about 5 hours today. I went to about 35 sales today not including a decent sized street sale, I didn't count how many sales I went to at this street sale but it was probably about 20-25 houses so about 55-60 sales total today.

I saw lots of video games today but mostly disc based stuff being PS1, last gen or 360 with some cheap and some not way overpriced but too much at $5 (and especially at a YS). The only older stuff I passed on were some 2600 controllers for .50, Super Mario Land @ $5 & a Ken Griffey Jr GBC game at $2.

I did hear about a few things but nothing too old and oldest being N64. Some 360 games at one house, Some GBA (or just GB in general) at the house with .25 PS1 games, 2x N64 systems & maybe something like PS2 games that I might be forgetting about.

One hosue I stopped at I didn't see anybody around but I was at the right house and saw very little stuff out. When I went to take a look I noticed 3 16 oz budweiser empties on the lawn and figured they didn't make it up after a late night.

The sale I got the N64 controllers at I was looking at a GC with Super Monkey Ball & a Harry Potter game only to find out it was sold. I also saw a Wavebird receiver so I probably would have ended up buying that if it did include a wavebird as the lady paid $5 for it all.

I went to the street sale late in the day and that's usually what I do with these deals as I figure anything that is out and cheap enough to be a no brainer is going to get sucked up fast with so many people around and so many sales to try and get to and be one of the first to. I was told about both of the N64s & 360 games that I missed at this street sale but I have had more then my fair share of luck lately with N64 stuff.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Carts have marker on them (on the top and back) but I've been looking for a reason to try some techniques to remove it. As for the green thing, I guess a third-party expansion pak, but it has no label or text on it at all. Plus the reset button's jammed, but with a 64 it's more of a surprise when it's not jammed. After a little cleanup the system and the extra Mario games will be a good flip.[/QUOTE]

Marker on non-porous surfaces is super easy to remove. If it's on the plastic only, write over it with a dry erase marker, wait a second or two, and wipe off. Repeat as needed.

It's when they're written on the disk or the stickers that it's basically impossible to remove. I've tried removing it from the disk, but it smears and doesn't come off cleanly.

[quote name='elessar123']Marker on non-porous surfaces is super easy to remove. If it's on the plastic only, write over it with a dry erase marker, wait a second or two, and wipe off. Repeat as needed.

It's when they're written on the disk or the stickers that it's basically impossible to remove. I've tried removing it from the disk, but it smears and doesn't come off cleanly.[/QUOTE]

another way to remove (on grey plastic areas) is finger nail polish remover ... just cleaned up about 25 last week ...

[quote name='elessar123']M
It's when they're written on the disk or the stickers that it's basically impossible to remove. I've tried removing it from the disk, but it smears and doesn't come off cleanly.[/QUOTE]

Goo Gone works wonders for removing marker from discs. I've taken maker off of numerous CDs and DVDs completely with it. This works about 80% of the time. The other 20%, the Goo Gone will take off the majority of the marker, but leaves a faint outline of the original marking. But when it does work, it works great.

Piss poor outing today.

Asked for games at one sale and the said they had some PS1 games. I waited and the kid brought out a small stack (7-8 games). Most were blah, but I picked out Crash B 2 and Risk . . . kid comes running back over "not Risk." Dang.

I got an NES and a Genesis for $1 total. But no hookups or controllers . . . blah. When I got home I finally thought to check the NES and sure enough there was a game in it . . . but its Othello . . . blah.

I hit about 40 sales total and usually this should yield some gaming goodness but not today.

Oh well, I'm going on vacation this week.

[quote name='donut']another way to remove (on grey plastic areas) is finger nail polish remover ... just cleaned up about 25 last week ...[/QUOTE]

Zippo/Ronsonol lighter fluid works great at removing Sharpies off of SNES and other plastic carts, too. I almost always use it as it's always laying around the house. But finger nail polish remover does work great and is cheaper.

Not an awesome weekend, but a few good games here and there. Didn't have to negotiate on much, except the gameboy, worked them down from 40 to 25 and still overpaid. Most happy though with the P90X I found, been searching for one of those for a while.

100_3938.jpg

Gameboy Color, Camera and 2 Printers. 2 Games.

100_3940.jpg

First I thought this guy said 2 dollars, but then I realized he said 3 for 2 dollars. Good enough, been looking for Conker.

100_3941.jpg

Assorted games from random stops. SMB2 boxed, complete-$2. Contra-$3, Rock and Roll Racing-$3, Zelda -$3

Could have asked for lower prices but I felt most of those were fair, and I hate to negotiate with prices below 5 dollars a game.

[quote name='Ash Burton']N
100_3941.jpg

Assorted games from random stops. SMB2 boxed, complete-$2. Contra-$3, Rock and Roll Racing-$3, Zelda -$3

Could have asked for lower prices but I felt most of those were fair, and I hate to negotiate with prices below 5 dollars a game.[/QUOTE]

That's a really good deal on a boxed super mario 2, and majora's mask. I have not seen any N64 games except for NHL Breakaway '98 all year.

I wasn't able to get out last week because my mother was sick, she is better now so I was able to get out this weekend.

Found 2 TI-83X calculators, 25 cents each and a GBC game driver for another 25 cents.

3 old walkmans, paid 1.75 for 3, 2 are old sears ones and one is a modern sony one. I am starting a collection of old walkmans.

Sorry that I am light on the gaming finds, just not that much available this weekend.

Went to a garage sale advertised on Craigslist, turned out to be xmrblondx's.

Bought from him Overlord 2 ($7), Hoshigami Remix ($10), Avalon Code ($10), AeroWings (free), Breath of Fire III (Disc only, $5), Harvest Moon Back to Nature (Disc only, $5). Didn't haggle for anything, since it was a fellow CAG. Cat was already mine. Handsome_Rakshas can't have it either. Nor anyone else.
dsc00314kj.jpg

Went to the Swap meet again, mostly to look for cheap 360 controllers or HDDs to trade into GameStop, since I decided to trade my 360 in. I have only a 20GB hdd on mine, which I've wanted to upgrade for the longest time, but hadn't, so this is a perfect opportunity.

Picked up Street Racer for Atari and the N64 transfer pak for $1.50 total. They wanted $2.
dsc00315.jpg

Found Starsiege, paid $1. Found a copy of Doom for SNES, complete, guy wanted to sell it with his SNES. But ended up paying $10 for it. Probably overpaid, but it was very pristine.

Also found Nightmare Creatures and Lego Rock Raiders. Lady at the stall told me $2 a game at first, thinking they were music CDs. His husband/boyfriend/whatever wasn't there, so she wasn't sure what to charge me. I asked if $1 was ok, and ended up waiting about 5 minutes for the husband/boyfriend to return. He didn't. So she said, $3 for the two, and I took it.

Also found a complete copy of SimCity 2000. Guy wanted $5 for it, I said the game was scratched (and it was, but probably not bad enough that it won't play). So he says $3, which I paid. Like Doom, I really just wanted them because those two games are what I played when I really started gaming, not counting Apple IIe etc when I was much younger.
dsc00316ri.jpg

At one of the places, I also saw a binder of Pokemon cards. I open it, and the first card I see was a holo Charizard. I quickly turned the page and pretended to flip through the book with a blank look, and asked how much he wanted. Guy said $2, so obviously I bought it. That card alone is like $10.
dsc00317b.jpg

Also picked up Folklore guide for $3 (guy wanted $4), Silent Hill and Advance Wars together for $1 (the guy claimed that he was tossing all the guides after, cause they're too much trouble and don't sell. there wasn't anything else of interest.
dsc00318w.jpg

Bought these 2 vinyls on a whim, since I basically picked up $50+ worth for $7 yesterday. No luck on these though.
dsc00319fh.jpg

Finally, bought a PSP 2000. They wanted $85, I talked them down to $75. Since I didn't find anything else good to flip to GameStop for my 360 Slim, I bought this for that purpose. Tested it with my own UMD and mem card, of course.
dsc00320x.jpg

[quote name='elessar123']Went to a garage sale advertised on Craigslist, turned out to be xmrblondx's.

Bought from him Overlord 2 ($7), Hoshigami Remix ($10), Avalon Code ($10), AeroWings (free), Breath of Fire III (Disc only, $5), Harvest Moon Back to Nature (Disc only, $5). Didn't haggle for anything, since it was a fellow CAG. Cat was already mine. Handsome_Rakshas can't have it either. Nor anyone else.
dsc00314kj.jpg

[/QUOTE]

That's one rare cat you've found.

I totally forgot to mention that I stumbled across a very unusual thing, a pile of some sort of plastic-glass arcade game marquees, this is the part that is on the front top of an arcade game. They wanted $5 each and I was in a very big hurry to leave that sale so I left them behind, don't get me wrong the price was more than fair for these as they sell for a lot more elsewhere but I have absolutely no where to put them and shipping them would be a nightmare. I also had no way to verify if these were repro or original etc..

My buddy and I went to a couple yard sales yesterday and managed to snag a couple things. I got a Playstation with about 14 games, that were pretty good, 2 controllers and a memory card for $20. My friend got a DS for $11 and flipped it over to gamestop for $63, not to shabby if I do say so myself.

[quote name='elessar123']
At one of the places, I also saw a binder of Pokemon cards. I open it, and the first card I see was a holo Charizard. I quickly turned the page and pretended to flip through the book with a blank look, and asked how much he wanted. Guy said $2, so obviously I bought it. That card alone is like $10.
[/QUOTE]

My first eBay sale in 1999 was a 1st Edition Charizard holographic which I sold for $375.00. I can't believe how much that value has tanked.

[quote name='SaraAB']I totally forgot to mention that I stumbled across a very unusual thing, a pile of some sort of plastic-glass arcade game marquees, this is the part that is on the front top of an arcade game. They wanted $5 each and I was in a very big hurry to leave that sale so I left them behind, don't get me wrong the price was more than fair for these as they sell for a lot more elsewhere but I have absolutely no where to put them and shipping them would be a nightmare. I also had no way to verify if these were repro or original etc..[/QUOTE]

I would have bought them, but I buy everything ;). Even if they are repro, you should be able to easily recoup the cost if they are popular titles. Most (old) originals are glass with the image painted on them. If they were plexiglass and were in perfect condition -and an old game like Joust- then they are probably repros.

[quote name='TiKi2']How does that work out for you?[/QUOTE]

If you measure success by owning things, then I am successful. :lol:

I don't really buy everything, but I do buy a lot of different genres of stuff. Basically video games, toys, comics, cards, records, glassware, DVDs, books, musical instruments, (a little) silver, (a little) gold, etc.

Hit a craigslist rummage during lunch last week that advertised a PS2 and “MANY video games”. Didn’t look like much when I pulled up, but as I walked over, I saw a PS2 slim system sitting on top of a small table. They wanted 50 bucks for it, so I really didn’t give it a second look. What caught my eye instead was the clear plastic tub under the table with stacks of PS2 games in it, and especially the game on top…

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - $4.00

That’s nice for a change, I thought as I bent down to go through the bin, the good game on top of all the sports titles. It was complete and in great shape, so I put it aside to start a keep pile next to the bin. Only thing was, the next title in the stack wasn’t a sports game either…it was Disgaea 2, then Grandia III, and Tales of the Abyss, plus Odin Sphere, and MANY, MANY more!

Almost everything in the bin was a quality RPG, complete and well-cared for, ranging from $1 to $5! A few were a bit more, but they came with guides, and there were also some quality Gamecube titles. I left behind a few common RPGs I already had in my collection, but pretty much just took up the entire bin and didn’t even try to haggle. Final damage was $121.00 for 32 games and 3 guides (but I did get him to throw in the bin for free ;) ). I’m pretty sure that this is the most I have ever spent at a rummage sale on video games, but think I came out okay…

Baten Kaitos Origins (Gamecube)
Beyond Good and Evil
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
Escape From Monkey Island
Final Fantasy X
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (Gamecube)
Grandia III
Kya Dark Lineage
Magna Carta (Deluxe Boxed Edition)
Makai Kingdom
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Odin Sphere
Okami
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
Primal
Radiata Stories
Resident Evil (Gamecube)
Resident Evil Zero (Gamecube)