Official 2011-12 NFL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine its a temporary display, plus its been associated with his late wife. "The ball that Myra touched." Its corny but you get that way when you lose someone you've been with for 50 years.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Hey, did you guys see that the Pats cut someone today? The day before the superbowl and they cut a guy!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...iquan-underwood-eve-super-bowl-004651704.html[/QUOTE]

Granted Underwood is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but that's harsh. A guy that's so happy to be there he had the team logo put on the back of his head for the event and enjoyed the festivities but now he doesn't get to suit up. Pretty sure they'll still let him run onto the field and give him a ring if they win, but I can't help but imagine him sitting in the hotel room watching the game crying like a teenager dumped right before prom.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ced']Granted Underwood is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but that's harsh. A guy that's so happy to be there he had the team logo put on the back of his head for the event and enjoyed the festivities but now he doesn't get to suit up. Pretty sure they'll still let him run onto the field and give him a ring if they win, but I can't help but imagine him sitting in the hotel room watching the game crying like a teenager dumped right before prom.[/QUOTE]

Thoroughly Belichickian (when I say that, I mean it as a compliment). He's been cutting people the day before the game for years, so I'd imagine this is only a real surprise to non-Pats fans. Plus, by cutting him on the day before gives the Giants have no chance to claim him. :D

Definitely sucks for Underwood though, who by all accounts is a good kid.

Man I have a catch 22. Watch the game in a crowded room or by myself with no audio. I hate being deployed during the Super Bowl

[quote name='bvharris']Thoroughly Belichickian (when I say that, I mean it as a compliment). He's been cutting people the day before the game for years, so I'd imagine this is only a real surprise to non-Pats fans. Plus, by cutting him on the day before gives the Giants have no chance to claim him. :D

Definitely sucks for Underwood though, who by all accounts is a good kid.[/QUOTE]
Why can't they just let him stay on the team for one more day. Are there any benefits of cutting him now? This whole maneuver smells of ass holeness.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Why can't they just let him stay on the team for one more day. Are there any benefits of cutting him now? This whole maneuver smells of ass holeness.[/QUOTE]

Because they brought up another player from the practice squad and there's a limit to the number of players you can bring.

That's the flip side of this whole thing, sure one guy got cut but another guy is going in his place now that wouldn't have gone a day ago. They didn't just cut him for the sake of cutting him.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Why can't they just let him stay on the team for one more day. Are there any benefits of cutting him now? This whole maneuver smells of ass holeness.[/QUOTE]

There's only so many spots on an active NFL roster.

It takes some pretty crazy anti-Patriots glasses to think "lolz, let's crush this stupid kid's dreams" is a more likely explanation than "well, this guy is not going to see the field anyway, but we might need an extra defensive lineman at some point."

Don't give a fuck what explanation there is, still think its a hoe ass move regardless. 99% sure that DE wont amount to shit this game anyway so wtf was the point? to possibly activate ochocinco? fuck outta here. If pats win, dude better get his ring regardless.

[quote name='renique46']Don't give a fuck what explanation there is, still think its a hoe ass move regardless. 99% sure that DE wont amount to shit this game anyway so wtf was the point? to possibly activate ochocinco? fuck outta here. If pats win, dude better get his ring regardless.[/QUOTE]

He'll still get a ring, that's been confirmed.

Yeah, usually anyone who was on the roster at any point during a regular season/playoffs gets a ring. Even if they were cut, traded etc., as they still contributed to part of the championship season in games (or at least practices) etc.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, usually anyone who was on the roster at any point during a regular season/playoffs gets a ring. Even if they were cut, traded etc., as they still contributed to part of the championship season in games (or at least practices) etc.[/QUOTE]

You need to be active for 8 games to get a ring

[quote name='62t']You need to be active for 8 games to get a ring[/QUOTE]
I thought the team decided who got rings. The 8 game limit was who gets the Super Bowl paycheck. Underwood will get both, a ring and $88,000 if the Pats win, or $44,000 if they lose.

Actually here's the story.

Why did the refs blow the whistle as Manning was getting sacked, because as he was hitting the ground, he fumbled the ball and Patriots recovered. I mean come on manning was only stood up for 2 seconds before they blew the whistle. I just dont want a repeat of Giants/49ers.

WTH? you cant throw the football 40 yards down the field without being called intentional grounding......refs dont F this game up pleas.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What a dumb move by Brady.[/QUOTE]

Just unreal. I thought he might have been out of the hashmarks, but still.. Wow.

That was certainly The Count's favorite part of the Super Bowl so far...10...11...12...12 men on the field...vahahahaha

I want to see Ochocinco finally get involved for the first time this season. He is one of their only deep threat. He was deactivated for the Ravens game, but they activated him for the superbowl. I just want to see a glance of that Brady/Moss magic, and this would be a perfect time for that.

Edit: No Ocho is no Randy Moss I know that, if anything he is more like Terell Owens which would be a talker, but they both posses talent for down field plays.

I couldve sworn last year they announced that "Black Eye Peas" would be doing the halftimeshow this year (Im sure glad they dident, but come on why the hell would they pick Madonna, it just doesent work for the atmosphere/demographic)

[quote name='renique46']Looks like this is 1 big advertisement with a football game attached[/QUOTE]

Is this your first Super Bowl?

She's clearly lip-syncing (as pretty much everyone does in the Super Bowl), but I'm not ashamed to admit this has actually been a decent halftime show so time.

[quote name='Poor2More']I couldve sworn last year they announced that "Black Eye Peas" would be doing the halftimeshow this year (Im sure glad they dident, but come on why the hell would they pick Madonna, it just doesent work for the atmosphere/demographic)[/QUOTE]
Dude... they did steelers/pack SB last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back