Official 2011-12 NFL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell dident the time keepers not stop the clock when Green Elis was pushed out of bounds? oh well, guess it doesen't matter who needs an extra 15 seconds in the biggest game of the year......

[quote name='Poor2More']Why cant the Patriots recover any of these fumbles? damn lost chances[/QUOTE]

The Giants seem to recover every fumble in these playoffs. Definitely on a good run of luck with those.

[quote name='Poor2More']Why cant the Patriots recover any of these fumbles? damn lost chances[/QUOTE]

They can, but they need 12 people on the field to do it...

[quote name='renique46']What a crock of shit really Refs?[/QUOTE]

That was clean. He had a hand on a shoulder and played the ball, that's not PI. Refs aren't going to call that in the playoffs.

This Sterling Moore is really making defensive stops (Including Ravens game winning TD swap to knock ball loose in endzone) and then reflecting the ball that just happen

[quote name='bvharris']That was clean. He had a hand on a shoulder and played the ball, that's not PI. Refs aren't going to call that in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

As much as I dislike colingsworth and michaels even they said the pats got away with one

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That was an amazing catch by Manningham if it's not overturned.[/QUOTE]

It won't be, that was a catch.

Eli and the Giants are doing a good job of running the clock down to give Brady as little time as possible to score an FG/TD.

Edit: Wow. The Pats just let Bradshaw score so they couldn't waste any more time. Good strategy since they know what'll happen anyway, though that's a Madden move there.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If that's the winning play, then that will be one of the weirdest plays in Super Bowl history.[/QUOTE]

Not looking bad now that its 4th and 16.

Nevermind.

What a way to end the Superbowl though.

Congrats to the Giants.

The Welker drop is going to haunt my dreams. Hit him right in the hands. If he catches that, Patriots win.

Well, Giants win unfortunately. Bah. Though I find it funny all the complaining about the refs except when it comes to benefitting the Pats. No mention of the 2 seconds the refs didnt give back after the spike? That would have given them at least one more play to use. Oh well.

lol oh noes refs didnt give pats a lousy 2 secs

Hell Gronk was about a mili second to late to catch that hail mary, the moment i saw him dive i thought he had time to tip bounce it back up to his chest

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Myra Kraft must've had something better to do today than touch footballs.[/QUOTE]
Really classy, the guy is devastated and grasping at anything. You'll know what its like to lose someone down the road and you won't be making comments like this.

This one's 100% on Brady, I don't want to hear about drops. First play of the game, intentional grounding in the endzone and it wasn't even close or necessary. The pick on the pass to Gronkowski was bad, not getting the 1st down with 4 minutes to go, its on him. He didn't get it done.

Eli's going to get fellated by the media for months but he scored 19 points on the Patriots. I expected more than that, a game where his defense only allows 19 should be easily winnable for Brady.

I really hoped the injury to Gronk wouldn't be the difference in this game, but it's hard to argue it wasn't a huge factor. He was basically in decoy mode all night except for the one catch and the bomb which was picked.

[quote name='dafoomie']
This one's 100% on Brady, I don't want to hear about drops.[/QUOTE]

He hit our best receiver right in the hands on a play that would have picked up a first down which could have sealed the win. I don't see how you could put it 100% on Brady given that.

Best of both worlds, good game and Giants win.

[quote name='bvharris']The Pats needed to let them score about 2 plays ago.

Wow. Bradshaw is an idiot.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Bradshaw just set himself up to possibly be the biggest idiot in Super Bowl history.[/QUOTE]

We're only 2 weeks removed from Cundiff botching a 32 yarder, and people are suggesting that Bradshaw shouldn't have taken the sure points?

[quote name='Ugamer_X']
We're only 2 weeks removed from Cundiff botching a 32 yarder, and people are suggesting that Bradshaw shouldn't have taken the sure points?[/QUOTE]

It was ultimately a moot point, but he was clearly told to stop at the one, tried to, and couldn't. If he was told to take the points I wouldn't have put it on him. But if he sits at the 1 there, Brady doesn't touch the ball again. A 32 yarder is not an extra point.

[quote name='renique46']I wonder how much that Safety fucked up the spread lol[/QUOTE]

Didn't fuck it up at all, the spread was 3 and then 2.5 Pats. By winning the Giants covered no matter what. If the Pats had scored a touchdown there and won by 3, then the safety would have been the difference in the Giants covering the 3 (it would have been a push) but not the 2.5.

I think.. I could be wrong, I'm now drinking heavily.

[quote name='bvharris']He hit our best receiver right in the hands on a play that would have picked up a first down which could have sealed the win. I don't see how you could put it 100% on Brady given that.[/QUOTE]
It shouldn't have come down to one throw to Welker. They were in that position because he fucked up on the first play of the game, and he fucked up on that interception.

[quote name='bvharris']It was ultimately a moot point, but he was clearly told to stop at the one, tried to, and couldn't. If he was told to take the points I wouldn't have put it on him. But if he sits at the 1 there, Brady doesn't touch the ball again. A 32 yarder is not an extra point.[/QUOTE]

I'll only believe that if I hear it from Coughlin himself. I could understand taking the knee if the Giants already had the lead, but you gotta take the sure points when you're down. Nothing is a sure thing when it comes to FGs.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I'll only believe that if I hear it from Coughlin himself. I could understand taking the knee if the Giants already had the lead, but you gotta take the sure points when you're down. Nothing is a sure thing when it comes to FGs.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever seen a guy sit down on a TD like that? After the play they showed Bradshaw yelling on the sideline that he was down at the 1 (he wasn't). They definitely told him not to score, which was the right call. Didn't end up costing them though.

[quote name='dafoomie']It shouldn't have come down to one throw to Welker. They were in that position because he fucked up on the first play of the game, and he fucked up on that interception.[/QUOTE]

They were up at the time. There were a million little things that went wrong in this game, not all of them on Brady.

Ninkovich being a step offsides on the 3rd down a few plays before the Manningham catch? Incomplete pass, Giants would have had to punt.

Brady made a couple dumb plays, but overall he played well. I can't put the whole thing on him.

Im pretty sure all next season, the media will be hyping up the rivary between Patriots/Giants, like its New York/Boston. And How Patriots cant get it done against Giants bullshit. It was a good game though, congrats to Giants.

Im calling it now, Peyton Manning will get traded to New York Giants next month, and Eli will get cut or traded to Cleveland Browns or force to find work in the Euro leagues, Im not sure which one would be worst.

[quote name='Poor2More']Im pretty sure all next season, the media will be hyping up the rivary between Patriots/Giants, like its New York/Boston. How Patriots cant get it done against Giants bullshit. It was a good game though, congrats to Giants.
[/QUOTE]

Barring another Super Bowl matchup (which I'll happily take since it means the Patriots are in the Super Bowl) they don't need to see them again until 2015. I'm alright with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back