Official 2011-12 NFL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DestroVega']Late entry into Manning sweepstakes... 49ers![/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ make it stop already. Pick a goddamn team, make the playoffs a couple of times, win nothing and retire for the love of god.

I hope he goes to the Niners, he would have a great team around him, they might want to add another wr though(Wallace?). I thought they should have been the frontrunners the whole time, I'm pretty sure their starting 11 on defense is returning next year.

[quote name='icp_00_111']I hope he goes to the Niners, he would have a great team around him, they might want to add another wr though(Wallace?). [/QUOTE]

They've got Brandon Lloyd visiting today.

I still hope he signs with the Patriots to reunite with Josh McDaniels though. I think he'd be a great fit there.

[quote name='perdition(troy']ya, as the rest of the NFC north continues to improve their teams the vikings have done absolutely nothing, which has surprised me. It is definitely one of the toughest divisions in football, and as of right now the vikings have a very high chance of going 0-6 in the division this year.[/QUOTE]

Which is great for a team begging for a new stadium deal. :roll:

[quote name='DestroVega']49ers needed to upgrade ONE position: WR. So far they are totally failing.[/QUOTE]

They are looking into Brandon LLoyd and Manningham :bouncy:

[quote name='usickenme']I can't help but feel that this Manning nonsense is hurting Denver (my team) in free agency.[/QUOTE]

mmmyeah

Wasting all this time and energy focusing on Manning when other areas need to be addressed as well.

[quote name='Gannikus']They are looking into Brandon LLoyd and Manningham :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Eh, Manningham leaving without a contract really made it clear to me they weren't offering him the money he was looking for.

It's rumored that Manning has told Denver, Tennessee, and San Francisco that he'll make his decision on Monday or Tuesday.

Browns picked up Frostee Rucker as their new starting DE along with Juqua Parker from Philly and released Jayme Mitchell. They've also resigned two of the RTs that they picked up last year to fill in that spot, so it seems like WR, RB, LB, and Safety are the biggest holes that they have to fill with the four picks they have in the first two rounds.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']"Where will Manning go?" seems to be the new "Will Favre retire?"[/QUOTE]

He coming back again lol

[quote name='Javery']Jesus Christ make it stop already. Pick a goddamn team, make the playoffs a couple of times, win nothing and retire for the love of god.[/QUOTE]

Can u please take JC out of this post thanks (I know its ur right to do it but please thanks again)

[quote name='starmask2k3']can u please take jc out of this post thanks (i know its ur right to do it but please thanks again)[/quote]

lol

Not that I'm complaining, but is anyone else amused by the fact that the Patriots were able to pay $4 million/year for Brandon Lloyd while the Redskins ponied up $8.5 million/year for Pierre Garcon?

3 years for $12 million for Lloyd is the steal of the offseason. It's ridiculous that they got him to sign for that given the insane money the rest of these receivers have been getting.

I'm getting a little worried about the Bears. I liked the additions they've made so far, and they have re-signed some good pieces, but I haven't seen them even mentioned to be hosting any offensive lineman. I know they have Carimi and Williams coming back from injuries, but there were some chances to upgrade and it doesn't seem like they are even looking. I wonder how much cap room they have left.

[quote name='4thHorseman']As a Chiefs fan, I reaaaally hope Manning doesn't go to Denver...[/QUOTE]

Chiefs got Brady Quinn, which is almost as good...;)

I'm also worried about the Bears. I don't care how many QB's or WR's you add if the line is still crap then it doesn't matter. I hope they're not just planning on relying on the draft to snag linemen.

Alex Smith is visiting the Dolphins today.

I'm officially in panic mode. The guy was mediocre when throwing to the best TE in the league, I can only imagine how he'd play on a team with zero offensive threats.

Calling it right now: Smith will completely shit the bed if he decides to go to Miami. Enjoy not having a defense to keep your ass in the game on top of a weak WR lineup.

[quote name='SEH']Alex Smith is visiting the Dolphins today.

I'm officially in panic mode. The guy was mediocre when throwing to the best TE in the league, I can only imagine how he'd play on a team with zero offensive threats.[/QUOTE]

My friend is a Miami fan, you guys are basically screwed if you don't get Flynn. I feel bad for you guys.:)

Smith is also going to visit Seattle. It looks like whoever doesn't get Flynn might go for Smith, especially if Manning ends up in San Fran. If that's the case, it would also look like Cleveland could have a much easier shot at Tannehill.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']I promises that Miami will sign Matt Flynn.[/QUOTE]

So yeah, about this...Flynn just signed with Seattle.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

EDIT

I just read that we're also pursuing David fucking Garrard. What did I ever do to deserve this shit. FML.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']I promises that Miami will sign Matt Flynn.[/QUOTE]

He just signed with the Seahawks lol

At this point, Smith could sign with Miami, Manning not with San Fransisco. And then where do the 49ers go from there? A championship caliber team with literally no QB.

IF Manning signs with 49ers and plays at least 90% of how he usually plays, then the rest of the league will be in trouble (Im a Patriots fan).

Potent offense with Hall of Fame QB
Terrific TE, 1x could be special WR (Moss) and very good WR (Manningham

Most of all, the Defense.

Honestly, I think if SF lost out on Manning and Smith, there are a few other players who could shake loose as well. Hasselback(if Manning goes to Tennessee), David Garrard, etc. These would be short-term solutions, but they also have Kaepernick that they used a 2nd-round pick on last year. I'd be more worried if I was Miami and was signing Smith as the answer, he had his first good year last year, and he had a ton of help.

^forgot Hasselback as a fallback, they actually wanted to sign him last year to compete with Smith but he was a much better favorite to start for the Titans.

[quote name='SEH']So yeah, about this...Flynn just signed with Seattle.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

EDIT

I just read that we're also pursuing David fucking Garrard. What did I ever do to deserve this shit. FML.[/QUOTE]

Wow I was totally wrong. Looks like Seattle just got a bit better. I have NO CLUE what Miami is going to do now.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']Wow I was totally wrong. Looks like Seattle just got a bit better. I have NO CLUE what Miami is going to do now.[/QUOTE]

The only option right now that would be remotely viable (in my eyes) is going after Tannehil. Alex Smith is terrible and Garrard is worse. Even if we did get one of them, they sure as hell arent long-term answers.

Grab Tannehill, hope he works out, if not, lose games and get Barkley in the draft next year.

[quote name='SEH']The only option right now that would be remotely viable (in my eyes) is going after Tannehil. Alex Smith is terrible and Garrard is worse. Even if we did get one of them, they sure as hell arent long-term answers.

Grab Tannehill, hope he works out, if not, lose games and get Barkley in the draft next year.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully for you all, Philbin can replicate some of the success through drafting and not signing free agents.

Whoever's left in the dust in the QB FA chase will probably go after Tannehill, which is why I don't see the Browns getting the chance to draft him. I'm sure they'll take somebody in the third round or somewhere around there, but they've got bigger holes to fill first if they want to help the QBs they have to succeed.

So apparently Smith told Miami he'll only sign there if the 49ers sign Manning.

EDIT: Mortensen reporting Peyton will sign with Denver.

[quote name='DestroVega']So apparently Smith told Miami he'll only sign there if the 49ers sign Manning.

EDIT: Mortensen reporting Peyton will sign with Denver.[/QUOTE]

Orange and Blue!!!!!!!! Worked overtime last week just so I could get his jersey!

I guess Manning doesn't want another Super Bowl. Honestly, I thought we (49ers) gave him the best chance, and honestly I think Tennessee gives him a better chance than the Broncos (and he has strong ties there). I'm completely baffled by this decision. Oh well, we got to the NFC Championship with Alex Smith, no reason to think we couldn't do it again with an improved offense and everyone returning on defense. I fully expect Smith to resign with the 49ers now.

Tebow to Miami? Seems like the obvious move and it will sell a ton of tickets. I also agree that this decision makes no sense.

If it were a football only decision, the 49ers are a no-brainer, but it's not.

^ yup. I think Tebow winds up in either Jacksonville or Miami.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I guess Manning doesn't want another Super Bowl. Honestly, I thought we (49ers) gave him the best chance, and honestly I think Tennessee gives him a better chance than the Broncos (and he has strong ties there). I'm completely baffled by this decision. Oh well, we got to the NFC Championship with Alex Smith, no reason to think we couldn't do it again with an improved offense and everyone returning on defense. I fully expect Smith to resign with the 49ers now.[/QUOTE]

Nope he doesn't want another Super bowl, he wants Super Bowls.

[quote name='DestroVega']If it were a football only decision, the 49ers are a no-brainer, but it's not.

^ yup. I think Tebow winds up in either Jacksonville or Miami.[/QUOTE]

It's not just that Denver doesn't have all of the pieces in place, it's that Denver is so different from where he used to play (in a controlled environment). I just don't see this working long-term from an overall career standpoint, never mind whether he can "win now". I'm guessing Peyton thought he and Harbaugh would be butting heads and at this stage of his career he isn't willing to give up calling his own plays and following a disciplinarian.

Before the thread turns into Manning Mania, what does everyone think about Mike Tolbert to the Panthers? Now they have 3 starting RBs and a QB who scores TDs like one.

I think they might have signed him because he is good at catching the ball out of the backfield. I'm not sure how good DW and JS are at catching, I haven't watched too many games of theirs.

On the Manning story - I really can't believe that he would choose Denver over the 49ers, I don't really think he has a chance at another Super Bowl now. I'm guessing Denver offered more cash, it is funny how most athletes say they do it for the ring not the cash but so few of them will turn down extra cash for a better team. I understand that because why not get all you can but the reality is they are just handicapping their chances at winning the ring that they all value so much.

[quote name='Javery']It's not just that Denver doesn't have all of the pieces in place, it's that Denver is so different from where he used to play (in a controlled environment). I just don't see this working long-term from an overall career standpoint, never mind whether he can "win now". I'm guessing Peyton thought he and Harbaugh would be butting heads and at this stage of his career he isn't willing to give up calling his own plays and following a disciplinarian.[/QUOTE]

I think the biggest reason he didn't choose the 49ers is because it a NFC team and he would be competing with Eli.

[quote name='blueweltall']Nope he doesn't want another Super bowl, he wants Super Bowls.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Manning will win a Super Bowl with the Broncos, and I guarantee he doesn't win multiple.

[quote name='blueweltall']I think the biggest reason he didn't choose the 49ers is because it a NFC team and he would be competing with Eli.[/QUOTE]

I know that's been said many times over the last several weeks (about a NFC team in general), but it's stupid reasoning.

[quote name='DestroVega']Before the thread turns into Manning Mania, what does everyone think about Mike Tolbert to the Panthers? Now they have 3 starting RBs and a QB who scores TDs like one.[/QUOTE]

I read Stewart is on the trading block. They are looking for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

This is a dream come true for ESPN, who can roll straight from "Where will Manning land?" to "Where will Tebow land?" wall-to-wall coverage without missing a beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back