Official 2011-2012 NBA Season thread

[quote name='jlarlee']Unlike the Miami big three these players will compliment each other on the court it won't take them long to gel. What's the over/under on lobs for dunks nash and howard connect on? If it's like 150 I may take the over.[/QUOTE]

That's assuming Nash will be handling the ball in the half court.

There's about a 2% chance of that happening with any sort of regularity.

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is that Denver will have a real hard time signing free agents going forward. They signed nene and affalo to long term deals and traded them one season in. I understand the moves from their end but agents and players aren't going to forget that when they are looking for multi year deals. I guarantee neither of those players would have signed with bottom feeders so they both have to seeth at the way Denver fucked them.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']That's assuming Nash will be handling the ball in the half court.

There's about a 2% chance of that happening with any sort of regularity.[/QUOTE]

Even Kobe isn't arrogant enough to not defer the main ball handling duties to Nash. They would be dumb to not run a Nash/Horward Nash/Gasol pick and roll/pop set play at least 30 times a game. There is no stopping that.

[quote name='renique46']
SY7W+
[/QUOTE]

Your GM should not have an inch on your superstar center :lol:

[quote name='advanced']Why's he going to Mexico?[/QUOTE]

LOL i see what you did there.

If theres any place hes going, its to the Suns. Maybe Okc will rid itself of Perkins contract to free up more cap room via the amnesty, but then that would mean all centers would rape okc extra hard now if they didn't already.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The problem with the Suns is that Robert Sarver is a cheapass. The Suns would have multiple titles if he wasn't cheap, but he is.[/QUOTE]
Yup, he has made good money on the Suns franchise, but doesn't put anything back into the team. He will see the impact of those decisions when no one goes to Suns games in the post-Nash era.

Probably Sarver. Agree with ratzombie in that he just doesn't reinvest back into his cash cow. Now it's all going to go to hell now that Nash won't be there and the win % and tickets sales are almost guaranteed to suffer more. Wonder if it'll put the Suns back into relocation rumors now that they're as stripped down as NO.

I don't think of Al Davis as much of a cheapass as I do a guy that should have relinquished power way before his death.

bread's done
Back