Official 2011-2012 NBA Season thread

Whats your take on Austin Rivers? So far in his 2 summer league games, he hasnt been so great. Of course this IS summer league. I guess they are trying to play him at the point in summer league.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Whats your take on Austin Rivers? So far in his 2 summer league games, he hasnt been so great. Of course this IS summer league. I guess they are trying to play him at the point in summer league.[/QUOTE]

Well they already have a stud SG with Eric Gordon, so Rivers is going to have to play PG more than likely.

Anyone see Nolan Smiths injury? Ouch! Hope he's alright...

Stay stupid New York

OBSyL.jpg

Wow those comments are hilarious. So ignorant that it's funny.

Where did all this hate come from?

I wonder if they'll boo him when he comes to NY.

[quote name='antlp89']
I wonder if they'll boo him when he comes to NY.[/QUOTE]

/s?

Not only will they boo him, they'll probably try to stab him in the eye. Look at how ridiculous they are above. Granted the comments might not be knicks fans, but they're still bat shit crazy. If any one of those commenters would say they wouldn't do the same, they're more than likely brain damaged to he'll and back. Keep in mind, Lin didn't go.LBJ and betray his hometown, he cashed in while his stock was huge. Doesn't take a Harvard grad (pun intended) to figure out the math on that one.

Social media has done one thing and one thing only....it proves that the vast majority of human beings are completely worthless fairly racist and overall horrid.

The last comment from Treta that admits he's overrated yet still expresses outrage that he left for more money while he could is awesome. Pretty amazing that people will allow such flippantly ignorant comments fly under their real names. I guess the need for anonymity to fulfill the Internet fuckwad theory correct no longer applies. Just need the Internet.

NY fans are idiots. Lin did nothing wrong. NY refused to give him an offer so he went out and got one. He claim he wanted to stay. NY and Melo (*wink*) decided to not to match it to bring him back.... so again how is it Lin's fault...

[quote name='lordopus99']NY fans are idiots. Lin did nothing wrong. NY refused to give him an offer so he went out and got one. He claim he wanted to stay. NY and Melo (*wink*) decided to not to match it to bring him back.... so again how is it Lin's fault...[/QUOTE]

I agree that people are being silly, stupid, moronic, etc for getting mad at Lin, but the Knicks didn't refuse to give him an offer. They refused to match the Rockets' offer. Lin could have easily said, "Listen, you guys gave me a shot when no one else would. Make me an offer, and if it's fair, I'll stay." He decided to test the market instead and, hell, all the power to him. He got a team to give him a great contract.

Considering the rumbles from Melo and JR Smith, you do have to wonder, though, what did go into the Knick thought process here. Did they think giving Lin that much money could cause locker room issues? If that's really case, it's another sad situation where "superstars" are running the team...ie the inmates are running the asylum...

Then again, in the case of the Knicks, the biggest nut of them all is already running the asylum...

The Knicks did refuse to send him an offer because they wanted the market to set the price. If they wanted him they would have sent him an offer when they got him early bird rights.

Lakers signed Antawn Jamison for 1 year vet. minimum. Thats a pretty good guy to come off your bench. He was damn good last season for the cavs. This and Nash joining the Lakers, looks like they are really loading up.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The Knicks did refuse to send him an offer because they wanted the market to set the price. If they wanted him they would have sent him an offer when they got him early bird rights.[/QUOTE]

Nah dont bring logic into this they're more happy signing this guy

619576929.jpg

Boston, Philly, NY, LA. All those big market team fans feel entitled to whatever player they want because hey, they're Boston/Philly/NY/LA. Reminds me of how they booed LeBron James because for some reason they felt entitled to have him and he went to the Heat instead.

Or all this Dwight to LA talk.

It makes me so glad for the success of teams like OKC, Indiana and San Antonio. Heck, even though they're in a huge city, Dallas fans seem to behave pretty well too.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The Knicks did refuse to send him an offer because they wanted the market to set the price. If they wanted him they would have sent him an offer when they got him early bird rights.[/QUOTE]

This was pointed out in Grantland as well. What the hell was the NY front office thinking? That other teams aren't looking for PGs right now? This is more inexcusable than what has happened this week.

I don't think I'd put Boston on LA/NY's level, personally. More along the lines of the Heat or Chicago. Second tier in comparison of market size. The only reason they get lumped in there now is because of the current Big 3+Rondo era.

This is all opinion. If you've got numbers to back it up, I'll quickly shut up.

Boston has a pretty nasty history of race relations, too, one that isn't entirely forgotten in minority circles. On some level I'm sure that works against Boston with some players.

Hot damn, Felton is fat. Dude might be a top 10 PG if he lost 30 pounds.

[quote name='renique46']Lin would get killed in Boston

look at what they did to Ray

6C0zk.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Celtics were in the ECF and played Miami to the brink. Not saying they could do it next year, but Ray looks like a punk jumping ship to Miami.

Can't blame Lin, dude just got way overpaid for someone who's only played in like 60 total NBA games. Pretty hilarious that owners cry about not making enough money, and yet contracts like that get made lol.

Basketball is a sport, but like the cliche saying it is also a business.

If you think about the marketing appeal Lin brings, he's well worth the investment just for the jerseys, national publicity, and filling the seats.

Without Lin, who wants to watch the current Houston Rockets? (aside from Rocket fans of course)

If Hennigan trades Howard for Varejao and a few picks I may go down there and knock some sense into him

Bynum makes Cleveland a playoff team and so they picks they get from there are as good as the Nets picks.

Varejao

[quote name='merchie89']If Hennigan trades Howard for Varejao and a few picks I may go down there and knock some sense into him

Bynum makes Cleveland a playoff team and so they picks they get from there are as good as the Nets picks.

Varejao flopmaster Varejao.

[quote name='merchie89']If Hennigan trades Howard for Varejao and a few picks I may go down there and knock some sense into him

Varejao

[quote name='lordopus99']Bynum to Cavs doesnt make them a playoff team. Their picks will be way better than a future Nets+Howard team.

As much as prefer Bynum, I can live with the cavs thing if they deal us those 3 first rounders.[/QUOTE]

I think it does. Bynum with Kyrie and Waiters sounds good to me.

Uhhh, yeah it took about 5 years for Bynum to even get his shit together. Even in LA with Kobe standing next to him he was a screw up who couldnt be trusted farther than a you could throw him.

If he goes to Cleveland and becomes "the man" he will either embraces it and magically grow up or he will become a spoiled brat superstar and implode. I am guessing the latter.

It actually makes them worse in my opinion because he will probably hate it the super small market and bounce after a year anyway.

The east bottoms out after about 4 teams. That pick and roll with waiters is a playoff team. I'm sure nets would put brooks in the deal. I could gm better than this guy.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Uhhh, yeah it took about 5 years for Bynum to even get his shit together. Even in LA with Kobe standing next to him he was a screw up who couldnt be trusted farther than a you could throw him.

If he goes to Cleveland and becomes "the man" he will either embraces it and magically grow up or he will become a spoiled brat superstar and implode. I am guessing the latter.

It actually makes them worse in my opinion because he will probably hate it the super small market and bounce after a year anyway.[/QUOTE]

You just said varejao for bynum makes them worse.....you should reread that.

LOL @ NY Knicks. "Mecca of Basketball" my ass.

If im Bynum, i welcome my trade to Cleveland. Get to start over and build with a young Star PG and be a 1 or 2 option on my own team. And be coached by another Laker great in Byron Scott. I already got 2 rings, and will get a max contract from them also. Sounds good to me. Also a no-brainer if your Cleveland: keep sucking and trying to draft a star player, or trade for a top tier 24 year old Center (which are more rare than a Mew).

I'm not interested in seeing the Cavs go after Bynum if he's not going to sign an extension, which would be a waste of players/picks to rent an immature center for a year and get nothing out of it. It'd be a better idea for them to focus on a Varejao/Zeller combo to lessen the chances of Andy getting injured next season.

[quote name='merchie89']The east bottoms out after about 4 teams. That pick and roll with waiters is a playoff team. I'm sure nets would put brooks in the deal. I could gm better than this guy.[/QUOTE]
Waiters... the same guy that went 4-14 against the D-League Select... Summer league hasn't treated him all that well.

Irving will come back from surgery on his shooting hand. Who knows...

As for the East...
Miami, Boston, Indy, Philly, Atlanta, New Jersey, New York, and Chicago are your East playoff teams. I think the new Bobcats would get in before a Bynum-Cavs team.

[quote name='advanced']I don't think I'd put Boston on LA/NY's level, personally. More along the lines of the Heat or Chicago. Second tier in comparison of market size. The only reason they get lumped in there now is because of the current Big 3+Rondo era.

This is all opinion. If you've got numbers to back it up, I'll quickly shut up.[/QUOTE]

Well.. everything I said was an opinion too. I kinda wrote that in a fit of rage. I did try to find some numbers and they lean towards what you're saying but they're from blogs I've never heard of. I included Boston because from a personal standpoint, it just seems like THEIR FANS ARE EVERYWHERE.

You don't win 17 championships without gaining a massive fan base. ;)

Still though, I probably should have said something "Opinion backed up by limited numbers." They're kind of like the Packers I guess, but not really, if you get me. If the NBA had a Packers like team it'd be the Celtics or the Bulls (That's opinion right there though).

[quote name='Viol8tor']LOL @ NY Knicks. "Mecca of Basketball" my ass.[/QUOTE]

MSG is known as the Mecca of Basketball for a number of reasons, including the numerous huge collegiate games that have taken place there. Remember that it's just not the place the Knicks play. It's home to St. John's and the Big East tournament. Even Jordan recognized it as one of the most famous arenas.

545538_451747498191215_76073588_n.jpg

I guess mark Cuban was right because the Lakers just dumped a lot of salary and are a worse team with the trade for Howard. The salary cap restrictions are finally starting to change the way teams are starting to operate.

[quote name='merchie89']Hennigan is a giant r-tard, that is all[/QUOTE]

Message to NBA teams. Don't hire GMs that are 29-years-old and graduates of Emerson. He must have acted like a great GM in his meeting with the owner.

Hope Oklahoma City enjoyed their year. Lakers/Heat the next 3 years. Wow, makes for such an exciting regular season.

If Dwight even wants to stay in L.A. that is. That cancer will most likely walk after next year anyway.

Sucks Pau isn't involved but Afflalo and Harrington are solid players. And who knows what Harkless and Vucevic will develop into, plus they'll have at least three first round picks. Full trade details aren't out yet.

At least it's finally over.

bread's done
Back