Official 2011-2012 NBA Season thread

What ye hell is wrong with Dallas? They have Ben getting worse ever year for since winnig the championship. There new pick ups are god awful.

Nets are lookin decet epically since they are in the horrid east, lookig forward to seeing them play.

Heat are probably doing the best toile sure they can get back to the finals a couple more times. Allen and Lewis are good starts although I don't really like Lewis. I also hear they or going after oden which they can get for free basically and that would be another great pick up if he can stay healthy for even half the season.

This off season has been pretty good.

[quote name='Soodmeg']. I also hear they or going after oden which they can get for free basically and that would be another great pick up if he can stay healthy for even half the season. [/QUOTE]

Oden hasn't been able to make a month healthy in his whole career. Might as well try it out but don't expect anything at all. The guy is Mr. Glass.

[quote name='DestroVega']Oden hasn't been able to make a month healthy in his whole career. Might as well try it out but don't expect anything at all. The guy is Mr. Glass.[/QUOTE]

While true about injury prone... if he gets healthy he is easily a top 5 center. That small contract could really pay off. People can get over those problems i.e.Hill, McDyess, Odom, etc.

[quote name='Soodmeg']What ye hell is wrong with Dallas? They have Ben getting worse ever year for since winnig the championship. There new pick ups are god awful.

Nets are lookin decet epically since they are in the horrid east, lookig forward to seeing them play.

Heat are probably doing the best toile sure they can get back to the finals a couple more times. Allen and Lewis are good starts although I don't really like Lewis. I also hear they or going after oden which they can get for free basically and that would be another great pick up if he can stay healthy for even half the season.

This off season has been pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Cuban is playing the long game with the CBA and trying to avoid the highly punitive tax that kicks in next year.

And the Nets are the new Atlanta Hawks, except neither their center nor their PF play solid defense.

Nicely put Casey about the Nets. Their lack of D from their big men will hurt them in the long run. They'll probably make the playoffs and go out the first round .

If someone could get Oden cheap, they might as well take a chance on him

Nets will be in the top 8 East for sure. Even do Lopez is soft as hell defensively, hes a decent scorer. Chris Humphries actually a decent role player too (13 points, 11 rebounds last season with starter minutes).

Cant believe they amnestied Scola. Great hustle guy, always outplayed our bigs (Lakers). I hope he doesn't land on the Spurs!

And i dont understand the proposal: Houston has enough cap space to trade and role players for Howard and Hedo/Jefferson/Big Baby/Duhon? So Houston Magic, basically? So why would Dwight like that? lol. Its a great deal for Orlando do, they get to start all over.

Lakers need to forget about Dwight and fix the dam bench. Sign Grant Hill and Antwan Jamison, who has a Lamar Odom game without the ball handling.

[quote name='renique46']rotf @ 3 power forwards i guess when the team is gonna be scratching for a 7-8th seed you take anything you can get.[/QUOTE]

The Miami Heat just won a title with Chris Bosh playing C and Lebron playing PF in the Finals against a team that had two of the best interior defenders in the league.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The Miami Heat just won a title with Chris Bosh playing C and Lebron playing PF in the Finals against a team that had two of the best interior defenders in the league.[/QUOTE]

(this is only related to your image. When Stevie had his wig ripped off by the gangsters, that was sooo damn funny.....I laughed for a long time)

[quote name='DestroVega']Oden hasn't been able to make a month healthy in his whole career. Might as well try it out but don't expect anything at all. The guy is Mr. Glass.[/QUOTE]

he couldn't stay on the court anyways he racked up fouls like no one else

Yeah. The mavs are sucking it up bad. I know Casey wants to spin this into something positive but i just don't see it. Those players are random and not very good. Talk about team chemistry....

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yeah. The mavs are sucking it up bad. I know Casey wants to spin this into something positive but i just don't see it. Those players are random and not very good. Talk about team chemistry....[/QUOTE]

You are the guy who just said the Brooklyn Nets were going to be good. A team that is going to be a worse version of the Atlanta Hawks.

Random and not very good? Kaman was hurt, but he is the best offensive C the Mavs have had in decades. Plus he has played with Dirk on the German National Team. Jones and Collison are solid pickups and Collison is a better PG that anyone the Mavs had last year. Kidd was a fucking turnover machine last year and he lost his shot. Brand is a great banger to have on the bench and should work out well since he had a great PER in the first quarter. Limit his minutes and he should be highly effective.

Granted none of these guys are top 20 players, but they all fit nicely and should complement each other. By having a PG that can penetrate that should free up open shooters like Marion and Carter and it should also allow for easy buckets for Kaman and Dirk. Kaman should be able to limit the double teams on Dirk on the offensive end and his offensive skills should mean that Dirk increases his FG% and PPG.

The net play in the east, of course they will be good with the players they have now. No one in the east has to try that hard to be "good."

I think you are reaching hard, you only signed kamen to a one year deal, that's not rebuilding my friend that's a band aid. Collision is a fine player though and a good person to have. But kamen and brand have a combined what 3 all star trips? Neither are hardly game changers. Jones is worthless.

I will say that I give Cuban a bunch of credit for not taking the easy route by over paying a bunch of shitty centers for no reason and trying to work within the system instead of just bull dozing this way through everything like every other team.

But come on now, this team is shit compared to the tip west teams. It might be ok in the east.

[quote name='renique46']LOL @ Vince Carter potentially starting for any team in 2012[/QUOTE]

First half of the season Vincent Carter was really fucking good. He fell off a cliff but he wad really fucking good.

As far as soodmeg taking about those players and all star appearances, who cares? This is a team that revolves around Dirk. As long as everyone plays their role they will be fine.

Ok my friend we will see but on paper this is a hodge podge of generic fairly worthless players. Also I don't know about putting all your eggs in the dirk basket.

He is dirk, not Bron or kd. It took him like 14 years to get to one final Even though he is clearly one of the top 5 big men of all time. Other than that one year where he had it going and had the team mates to back him did he finally win a championship. Kevin durant just got into the league an has just as many finals appearances has dirk.

Dirk is the Peyton manning of the nba.... Yes a lock at hof but only has a history of choking for a log time with only one real good run.

He has never been a "champion" before and when he did win the title r had one hell of a supporting cast which is all gone now. Don't see how this makes them better than that team.

Dirk's been close a few times, he finally had the support in 2010-2011 to seal the deal. The same could be said about KG on the Twolves, the team made the playoffs but he needed the support in Boston to finish the deal. Kobe needed support to win those rings although Kobe does try to do whatever it takes to win sometimes. McGrady took the Magic to the playoffs by himself a few seasons and now look how he's doing.

KD is going to need more then the support of Ibaka, Harden, and Westbrook to win a Championship. What OKC needs is a center who can just play D, that's all. Perkins is not the answer. As long as the Heat are running on all cylinders I'm not certain OKC will win a ring.

For so many years the West has always had better teams than the East, you can be the Nets of next year and be good in the East whereas the West has much more talent.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Ok my friend we will see but on paper this is a hodge podge of generic fairly worthless players. Also I don't know about putting all your eggs in the dirk basket.

He is dirk, not Bron or kd. It took him like 14 years to get to one final Even though he is clearly one of the top 5 big men of all time. Other than that one year where he had it going and had the team mates to back him did he finally win a championship. Kevin durant just got into the league an has just as many finals appearances has dirk.

Dirk is the Peyton manning of the nba.... Yes a lock at hof but only has a history of choking for a log time with only one real good run.

He has never been a "champion" before and when he did win the title r had one hell of a supporting cast which is all gone now. Don't see how this makes them better than that team.[/QUOTE]

You are Jamaican me crazy. First Dirk has been to the Finals twice and has one ring. Neither team he went to the Finals with had a second all star ( JET was solid both years but not an all star). The best team he was on (03) only fell short because of Dirk being hurt in the WCF.

Dirk averages 25 and 10 in the playoffs. His biggest problem has been never having an always contributing sidekick. When JET was on they went deep but he is a primary reason for a lot of those first round exits.

The fact that you think that 11 team had crazy talent is beyond me. With Butler I can put more weight behind that, but the top two role players on that team could barely score and JET is a terrible defender. They won a title because Dirk put that team on his back. Don't let a subpar game 6 cloud your vision. Don't forget he had the flu and a dislocated finger.

With all that said, I will say that the matrix really stepped his game up once butler got hurt and last season he was a fucking defensive wizard. But he was the 5th best player on that title team and he was much better last season than the season before.

So as long as the Heat are running on all cylinders and OKC doesnt get a better center, I dont see a ring in OKc future in the next few years

Casey. You know I only rag on the mavs to push your buttons right!!! Although honestly I think they are at a downgrade but we will have to see in a couple years after the cba kills every team.

I truly believe Cuban has a couple tricks of his sleeve as far as this new cba goes. Even if dirk retires I think he has a gameplay ready set in motion and in the course of one off season they are going to snag some top teir talent.

In other news Irving breaks his hand slapping a wall pad underneath the basketball hoop. Yeah I can see that we are going to go to coach players fairly soon.

[quote name='Soodmeg']

In other news Irving breaks his hand slapping a wall pad underneath the basketball hoop. Yeah I can see that we are going to go to coach players fairly soon.[/QUOTE]

Let's not pretend that was an accident. He purposely broke that hand to punish it for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uG8ubgvSSQagreeing to challenge Kobe 1-on-1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uG8ubgvSSQ The trash talk between them is kind of funny.

For once, Dolan's childish antics actually pay off for the Knicks. Sources say the Knick front office, ie Dolan, were quite annoyed at Lin and felt that his limited success had gone to his head. Otherwise, they may very well have matched that insane offer sheet from the Rockets.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']For once, Dolan's childish antics actually pay off for the Knicks. Sources say the Knick front office, ie Dolan, were quite annoyed at Lin and felt that his limited success had gone to his head. Otherwise, they may very well have matched that insane offer sheet from the Rockets.[/QUOTE]

If i was lin, and had a few months of success i would cash in asap and get the best deal. Personally i dont think he will live up to the hype.

The Knicks acquired Kurt Thomas (39), Jason Kidd (39), and Marcus Camby (38). They also sign Steve Novak to a 4 year deal. Somehow signing Lin is a bad move?

They saw how far old man like Tim Duncan took the Spurs and figured that three old men would propel them into Championship City. Either that or somebody thinks it's still the early 2000's

[quote name='62t']The Knicks acquired Kurt Thomas (39), Jason Kidd (39), and Marcus Camby (38). They also sign Steve Novak to a 4 year deal. Somehow signing Lin is a bad move?[/QUOTE]

The bold part answered your question.

[quote name='62t']The Knicks acquired Kurt Thomas (39), Jason Kidd (39), and Marcus Camby (38). They also sign Steve Novak to a 4 year deal. Somehow signing Lin is a bad move?[/QUOTE]

They got those guys as back-ups. The Lin deal is terrible, especially considering the back end is for nearly $15 million in the final year. With the luxury tax, the Knicks would have had well over $20 million invested in Lin three years down the road. If anyone thinks Lin has proven he's worth mega-star money, they are crazy. They got a point guard at a similar talent level for much, much, much cheap by signing Felton for 3 years and $10 million. They are actually paying Felton and Kidd less than Lin alone will get from the Rockets.

I would have loved it if the Knicks could have kept Lin, but I give them a lot of credit for not falling in love with the hype and looking at this from a purely basketball perspective.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Phoenix has a pretty solid team with the addition of Scola. Their front line is probably the best price/performance duo in the NBA.[/QUOTE]
Seems like pretty smart decisions so far, and they shouldn't be a completely terrible team to watch entertainment wise.

The knee jerk reactions by gms is why I always side with the players. Why do thy keep letting themselves get tricked by bather he hype? You are playing scouts top money to evaluate talent and there isn't another sport that gets it wrong so often.

Lins contract is ficking embarrassing and should be used as an examples of why they didn't really need a cba of they still going to do the same things they did before hand. Don't spend half a year crying that small market teams can't compete when you spend 20 mil on a guy who only played half a season in a shortened season.

Like he will ever get one *chuckles* Thanks for the laugh.

In other knick news... Kidd got wasted, hit a pole, and faces potential jail time for his DWI. I know it is depressing to play with Melo (*wink*) and be a knick but drinking is not an answer.

LOL @ Knicks fans and people around the Knicks organization being mad at Lin because he didnt play in the playoffs.

Don't know whats more of a joke, that or Dwight about to pull an Nfl move and actually hold out the 2012-2013 season lmao

[quote name='renique46']LOL @ Knicks fans and people around the Knicks organization being mad at Lin because he didnt play in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

I think the "anger" over Lin not playing in the Heat series is more generated from the Knick front office, ie Dolan. I have not heard many fans knock him for sitting out. I think his biggest mistake was saying he was around 85%. Too many players tough it out in professional sports for you to say something like that. He should have just kept saying it felt better, and we'll see how things go.

In the end, though, Dolan's ego actually works out for the Knicks. I also don't think the anger was so much about Lin not playing, but rather not giving the Knicks a "hometown discount." Dolan felt entitled, because it was the Knicks that gave Lin a chance. But hell, like I said, the insanity of Guitar Jimmy works out for the organization.

He said it was 85% and didn't play? Wow. That's kind of low. That's even worse than the Paul Pierce wheelchair incident or the LeBron James muscle cramps thing. He should have kept his mouth shut.

Yes. Keep in mind, when he said this, the Knicks were already pretty much done. I don't remember exactly when he said it, but it was probably prior to Game 5. The Knicks had no shot at winning the series either way, but he made the mistake of throwing a number out there. He should have just said that his knee was not up to the rigors of an NBA game.

So what if he said he was 85%? He was ready to play but guess what? Team Doctors didnt clear him to play so i dont know how its wrong for him to say that.

[quote name='renique46']So what if he said he was 85%? He was ready to play but guess what? Team Doctors didnt clear him to play so i dont know how its wrong for him to say that.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? He wasn't cleared to play, because he told the doctors he couldn't lol. There wasn't anything physically wrong with his knee. If a doctor looks at your knee, sees no damage, but you say, "I can't play," he's not going to clear you.

When exactly are you going to post something that makes sense in this thread?

http://espn.go.com/newyork/conversa...yoffs-new-york-knicks-jeremy-lin-ruled-game-5

Dude stfu what kind of telepathic powers you have that you know for certain what condition somebody was or wasn't in go ahead please enlighten me. 85% or not you don't rush out to play coming back from injury period whether he was cleared or not just look at Rose. LOL @ Wasnt anything physically wrong with his knee, yet told officials he had soreness in his knees after having a scrimmage so obviously something was bothering him to where everyone including him felt there was no need to play, but yea keep continuing to play couch doctor and looking like a typical dumb ass knicks fan.

bread's done
Back