Official 2011-2012 NBA Season thread

[quote name='pitfallharry219']What was Marion thinking at the end? I know it's a small chance, but you got to at least get a shot off.[/QUOTE]

IDK. Carter did the same thing at the end of the first half in that game as well.

I still don't understand why Dirk and Terry weren't running two man game on the strong side like they always do. Dirk was almost never on that side of the block and was perennially on the weak side. Duncan and Dirk are two of the best on that side for short to mid range jumpers, but it is a spot on the floor that has one of the lowest inefficiencies. That side of the block is also where he seems to have more turnovers. At the elbow I don't mind seeing him go left, but I don't like seeing him on the block there are much as I do the right side. Terry was just getting harassed and Carlisle needs to do a better job finding a way to get him free off screens.

[quote name='kube00']Yep it was close.

If the Heat don't win this year. I think they should dump one of the big 3 for solid center and a few bench players.[/QUOTE]

Wade is the most logical of the 3. He'd get more in return than Bosh and he's also on the wrong side of 30.

[quote name='confoosious']fucking Sixers. Now who is gonna stop Miami?[/QUOTE]
Miami has been a lock for the NBA Championship game for about all season. Even with Rose, I wouldn't have picked the Bulls to win the East. Without him, I wonder if they even meet Miami.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Nice to see the Magic take game 1 in Indy yesterday. [/quote]
Agree. I am still a firm believer that we are a better team (without Dwight) than the Pacers are.

after hearing the media about that rondo shit i would have thought he socked a ref in the mouth but getting home and seeing it i'm like wtf thats it?

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']HOLY SHIT. How in the hell did the Clippers make that comeback?[/QUOTE]

Best fucking comeback win in playoff history. Holy fuck. That was amazing.

Paul Silas won't be the coach of the Charlotte Boobcuts next season. Funny, he wasn't coaching the team for the last month. But I guess I feel sorry for him since he had no team to coach.

I can't believe Dallas is going to blow it again. They have pretty much outplayed the Thunder twice now and they are going to go in an 0-2 hole.

At least it has been a really good series up until this point. Thunder have shown the aren't ready for prime time though and the Lakers are going to eat their lunch if Dallas doesn't end up turning the series around (which seems unlikely at this point).

I hope the Grizzlies take care of business next game.

Sucks for Dallas to lose 2 close games like that. You would think that they can with the next two at home though with the home court advantage.

[quote name='renique46']Still Melos fault[/QUOTE]

:lol:

The sad thing is that argument is valid. Carmelo is the biggest black hole in basketball. He makes Kobe look like Steve Nash. I'd be punching walls if I never got to touch the ball and I am supposed to be an integral part of the offense.

The Knicks front office is just fucking terrible. Donnie Walsh fixed all their problems and James Dolan and Isiah fucking came right back in and wrecked that shit.

Both La teams or spurs should take the west easily. Blunder should NOT be having this much trouble at all squeaking by 2 games. These should be blowouts.

12.png

13.png

[quote name='antlp89']
Sucks for Dallas to lose 2 close games like that. You would think that they can with the next two at home though with the home court advantage.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about this series, it's been too close at OKC, and I expect the Mav's to win their home games by bigger margins than the Thunder have thus far.

As for the East... It's the Heat's conference to lose now as far as I'm concerned, still feel terrible for Rose.

Just got back from the the desert so I have missed virtually everything for the last half month or so...give me some times to review.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Damn, Utah's getting a prison pounding from the Spurs. Outside of the Dallas-OKC series, the first round has been kinda boring so far.[/QUOTE]

Come on, that Grizzlies/Clippers game was great to watch, and even if Denver is losing to the Lakers, they've been fun to watch on the break, and Bynum and Kobe put on a show last night.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Just got back from the the desert so I have missed virtually everything for the last half month or so...give me some times to review.[/QUOTE]

all you missed was everything being melos fault again.

Damn Dallas Mavs are giving the game away. They need to get rid of some players on the team during offseason, they are too damn old and slow.

J. Kidd- Probably retire
Marion- trade
Dirk- Keep him, he has a good 3-4 years in the tank
Terry- very good, 6th man, excellent 3 pt shooter, keep him
Duhini (how ever you spell it)- Young Center, can develop nicely coming off Bench

We need to bring in a star player during offseason, I say

1. Darren Williams
If we cant get him
2.Steve Nash (They were amazing togother, Dirk and Nash back in the day)

[quote name='kube00']I keep thinking it would be ironic if somehow Nash ended up in Dallas next season...[/QUOTE]

I would be very happy if Nash goes to Dallas : )
I would be even happier if we get Darren Williams

The exact reason why Mark Cuban cleared all that cap space this year by not signing Tyson Chandler (I really wish we resigned him) JJ Borea (he was key in the playoffs, but no big deal that he was not resigned)
Cuban wanted to Dwight Howard and Darren Williams, I guess Williams is the only option at the moment

Marion still has some gas in the tank be played pretty well the 2nd half of the season. Should they keep Carter? Chandler they really miss him, and they need a decent center. But Chandler Knicks arent going anywhere. Bara went to Minnesota? A lot of good he did there.

Anyways OKC won't make it much further. Their bench consists of Harden and Perkins is only an average Center at best.

Now to cheer for the Spurs.

Yeah I don't think Marion gets dealt in the offseason. He is an amazing defender and a big reason they were as competitive as they were this year.

People who will be gone probably include (only including the people of importance and not the Yi's and Jones'):

JET: He just doesn't come up big in the playoffs enough to keep him around. Aside from that magical season last year, he hasn't really had a decent playoff run in forever, and had two real bad stinkers before last season.

Haywood: He is going to get amnestied or traded (trade depends solely on a team needing to absorb his salary to meet the 90 percent cap rule). He just doesn't have enough skills offensively to free up Dirk on the block and he doesn't do enough to contain the paint.

West: Delonte is only gone because someone needs to offer him a lot of money. The fact that he keeps having to play for the minimum is ridiculous. He needs to get paid, and while Dallas probably won't do it someone should give him a 3/15 type deal. Good shooter and solid defender. I have nothing bad to say about the man who raps in the KFC parking lot.

Kidd: He said he won't play for the minimum, but I can't see him getting too much more than that from the Mavs. Maybe the mini mid-level, but that would be about it.

Odom: I fucking hate this guy so fucking much right now. The fact that he is going to have a shot at playing for Team USA after mailing it in this past season is despicable. Take some college kids over this quitter.

Roddy B: I think the Roddy B experiment probably gets the plug pulled after this season. He just hasn't been the same since he broke his foot.

wtf really a sweep? LOL that was one of the most pathetic attempts at a repeat i have ever seen only on par with 06 Heat and various others. What a waste of time.

[quote name='renique46']wtf really a sweep? LOL that was one of the most pathetic attempts at a repeat i have ever seen only on par with 06 Heat and various others. What a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

It went that way all because of Mark Cuban's attempt to get Deron Williams and Dwight Howard in Dallas. And I hate him for it.

Anyway, I agree with CaseyRyback that Odom, Haywood, Terry and Kidd are probably gone. I'm really going to hate it if Jet and J. Kidd don't return, but I doubt Cuban will give up on Dwight and Deron. The Magic will be smart enough to trade D12 before the trade deadline if he doesn't sign an extension, so I don't see how he'll end up in Dallas.

In my perfect world, I'd like to see Cuban give up on Dwight and try to sign Chris Kaman or Roy Hibbert, plus a couple young guards (maybe Aaron Brooks?) if D. Will signs with the Nets. I'd also want Delonte West to resign.

Teams without two superstars don't usually win NBA titles so I don't fault him. It has happened 3 times in the past 30+ years (11,04,94). Every other championship was won by a team with multiple superstars.

Hopefully Kaman will come to Dallas on a discount since he is close to Dirk. It would be really nice to have a C that can actually put the ball in the basket.

[quote name='renique46']all you missed was everything being melos fault again.[/QUOTE]
Game 1: 3 for 15
Game 2: 12 for 26
Game 3: 7 for 23

Boy was that some nice shooting
Nice ball handling skills; averaging 4 turnovers/game in series
Lebron, the guy he guarded, has been abusing him all series.

Amare hated so much he never got the ball that he threw himself out of the series.

But hey Melo can't be at fault at all... it really is just NY management's fault who got Melo in the first place.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow Casey. Your the reason why superstars couldn't give a ceap about loyalty and jump ship at the first chance they get.

Jet just got you a ring last year and you are trying to write him off the next season. What is he suppose to do? Bring you a ring every year for the rest of his career?

The only problem that Dallas had was Cuban not wanting to bring back t-chan. That's it. Dallas without t-chan is like a pop tart soft in the middle. If you are going to do that much retooling you should get rid of dirk it's extremely unlikely that he is goin to have another run like he did last year as well as kidd. Time to write out your shopping list for the off season and buy some players. West will always get a minn contract because he is bat shit insane and no one wants to deal with him.

Although I don't know who is up for fa this off season but a big guy in the middle should be number 1.[/QUOTE]

It isn't writing him off when everyone who watches the Mavericks knows it is going to happen. There is a reason he hasn't gotten an extension. Dallas has gotten a lot from Terry, but they never got the player they thought they were getting from Atlanta. Playoffs wise he just hasn't been solid enough to give Dirk the help he needs in three of the last four seasons. Shooting less than 40 percent and producing less than 15 points during a playoff series when you are supposed to be the second leading scorer just isn't enough. The bottom line with Terry is that someone is going to overpay for him this offseason just like the Clips overpaid for Butler. Terry is a good player, but he isn't worth the money he is going to want at this point in his career.

While a big guy should be high on their list, a penetrating guard who can score, distribute, and play defense should be number one. Deron Williams would make a lot of the older guys on the team look a lot better by getting them open shots. Spacing and spreading the floor was a huge problem for the team this year and getting away from being as perimeter oriented as they were would help. Dallas is probably going to look into resigning Mahinmi and with some more polishing he could be the starting C provided they get a quality big to play behind him.

Articles like that are why I love Delonte and think he needs to get paid. He plays his ass off and is such an excellent defender.:
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story...avericks-guard-delonte-west-puts-family-first

Best thing from Jim Rome is Burning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZukVN_djZds

Hot Sauce in my Bag!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVA00Fngvmg&feature=player_embedded#!

[quote name='lordopus99']Game 1: 3 for 15
Game 2: 12 for 26
Game 3: 7 for 23

Boy was that some nice shooting
Nice ball handling skills; averaging 4 turnovers/game in series
Lebron, the guy he guarded, has been abusing him all series.

Amare hated so much he never got the ball that he threw himself out of the series.

But hey Melo can't be at fault at all... it really is just NY management's fault who got Melo in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Was going to ask Amares stats but heavens me i forgot hes so important than he took himself out of game 3 just to make a point because he hated not getting the ball so much! yea thats it!.

Also LOL @ everyone now writing terry off like he wasn't one of the reason Mavs even fluked past Miami in the first place.

29 shots to get there. He's been playing iverson style ball far to long, and is the reason the Knicks will never make it to the finals. He's a ball hog, and never thinks about what will benefit his team. The play never goes through him it ends at him. He's a selfish player, and he will never gain more fans than he currently has soodmeg.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Oh you don't want to hear how melo just put up 40 and hit the game winning shoot to prevent the sweep?

Hmmmmmm.

Haters gonna mother fucking hate I guess. The harder you guys push the more fun I have with it. I want them to win the ring not because I like them but because it's more fun that way.

Muaahahahahahahahahahah.[/QUOTE]

Melos contributes to a win = silence for a week
Knicks lose= Melos fault for a week

And no mention of Amare at all.

Kinda shocked though Miami seemed to not even care about that game as if they lost it on purpose just to win at home but either way Melo scored 41 and at least shut people up for a day.

bread's done
Back