Official 2011 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schultzed- you did great on that Primus. I'm assuming he's sealed in the box? He was worth $50 or so about 5 years ago when he came out. From what I have been experiencing in the Transformers market unless it's minty G1 or something uber rare (or from another country) it's gonna sit. Especially the Cybertron stuff.

I just posted a load of solid stuff at TFW2005 and no one seems to care!

My roommate and I got up an hour earlier than last week hoping to do better, and we did for the most part. One sale had games advertised but when I got there and asked about them someone had "just bought the whole box!" I can't help but wonder what I missed out on. Everything else there was dirt cheap, it could've been a great deal.

As for other gaming finds, got a Halo 3 poster for $0.25 and saw two old :360: games for $2 a piece (Project Gotham Racing 3 and Tiger Woods Gold 08) that I passed on.

My total haul:
Uno Attack! complete game - $1.00
Persona 4 Visual Data Artbook - $0.50
First 3 City of Heroes comics - $0.50
Dragon Ball GT Transformation Guide - $0.50
:360: Quake 4 Guide - $0.50
Calvin and Hobbes: The Days Are Just Packed - $1.00
The Day After Tomorrow DVD (to put in a 2-disc case with my blu-ray copy) - $1.00
2 Martini glasses with a cool blue atom symbol on it - $0.50
Large Dry Erase Board - $2.00

We also stumbled upon some lawyer's office where literally everything was for sale (computers, shelves, filing cabinets, etc.) Apparently one of the owners is a huge Star Trek fan and had a room painted like the inside of the USS Enterprise bridge, complete with painted doors to resemble the sliding doors on the ship. The room was FULL of collectibles, the best of which was the strange 3D chess game they play in the show. The thing looked awesome but I definitely couldn't afford the $100.00 he was asking. We ended up buying the lightswitch and outlet covers, which were replicas of panels around the Enterprise ship. They're way too nerd awesome to pass up! Got all 5 for $10.00

So all in all a decent day, I'm just disappointed about missing that "box" of games. Until next week!

TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmares (Complete, GC) - 1
Xbox Live Arcade (No Manual) - 1
NES Zapper - .10
SNES With Hookups, 3 Controllers & 21 Games - 10

GameCube game was marked 1.50 but took a buck. Xbox Live Arcade was asking price. Zapper was in a box of stuff that was .10 each. Saw a sign for a sale that wasen't advertised, asked about older games and the SNES stuff was brought out. Lady asked if 10 for everything was ok when I asked how much and I didn't feel like even trying to get it for less after they were nice enough to go inside and round it up.

Had a list of 23 sales (a lot for a Friday around me and the most so far this year) and went to 26 total. Got out at 7:50 and was out for just under 3 1/2 hours.

One sale late in the day had a white slim PS2 (35) when I asked about games they already sold all of the "Playstation" games which I'm guessing were PS2 games, this was the only thing I was told about missing all day. Asked about games at one sale and the lady said they still had a 2600 & NES at home, didn't express any interest in selling but did ask me if they were still popular. One sale I was told they had a NES in the attic but didn't think it worked and it might be missing parts. I asked about selling it as-is if they were looking to get rid of it and I was told they'd be selling tomarrow (Saturday) and the girl said she'd try it out to see if it worked tonight and offered for me to come back on Saturday. I said I might not be yardsaling (and won't even bother stopping by if I'm nearby), it didn't sound very promising and they probably wouldn't have anything for me so I'd rather not look desperate stopping back for the chance of getting something.

Pole Position Board Game (Almost Complete) - .50
GBP & GBC Systems - 1.50
Crash Team Racing (Complete) - 1

Asked about games at the first sale and in some boxes with a tarp over them were 2 Game Boys. Offered a buck for both of them and the seller said he was thinking a buck each and I suggested we meet in the middle. Crash Team Racing was the lone PS1 game at a sale, offered a buck for it. Board game was asking price.

Got out just after 8 and was out for 3 1/2 hours. Had a list of 23 sales and got to 33 total.

Didn't see anything way overpriced. The sale I got CTR at I was told that they sold the rest of the PS1 games already (about a dozen "boxing, military games" mentioned). Another sale or two I think mentioned Playstation games that sold and two other sales mentioned already selling old video games that sounded as if it might have been something older.

[quote name='FOnewearl']the SNES stuff was brought out. [/QUOTE]

Do I see 2 copies of Mario Kart in that pic?

I bought a game lot yesterday (I haven't gotten to pics yet) and there was a copy of instructions for Mario Kart SNES but no cart . . . fuck . . . I think you got my cart :)

Friday game finds:

It was rainy and I think it kept some of the competition out of the way . . .

I managed to cherrypick a few game lots.

At this one I spotted FFVIII and was looking and thinking . . . "why not VII" and in the next group there it was . . . nice minty copies. The PS2 games were supposed to be $5 but the PS1 games weren't marked. Somehow I ended up at $12 for the group. :)

Some were marked $3 and others $1 (Wii music has a 3 on the bottom). Avatar is sealed.

Paid $11 total.

These were marked $2 each.

Paid $3 for the pair. Why can't it be Phantasy Star III???

This was a tough negotiation. Marked $7 each:

I shot for $8 for the pair but ended up paying $10 but then I did get her to throw in the Panzer General II for free.

These were marked $5 each . . . only one had a charger and the other the game.

Paid $8 but also got a nice deal on a few DVDs.

This was my find of the day but not quite a real score. The rest of the pics are of the contents:

Because of the off and on rain many people were keeping things in the garage. This garage was loaded. I found this box o' games way back in a corner.

Because I wanted to keep moving, I just gave it a quick look and brought it up front. I offered $15 and the old lady says . . . "gee, I don't know . . . I'd have to call them." Having had a bad experience with this in the past (losing a sale altogether) I said, "how about $20?" and she agreed.

Not bad but why can't I get a great selection like FOnewearl's lot?

Double Dragon is empty :whistle2:( . . . As usual, the complete copies are crappy games.

Manuals for Mario Kart and Link to the Past . . . where are the games?

Sega stuff is absent--Sewer Shark is box and manual no game, Manual for Night Trap . . . makes me wonder, was there a second box? I'm 95% certain that this was it for games but I should've taken a second look and/or asked.

This was all I got yesterday but considering the crappy weather, I'm satisfied.

2dr6mus.jpg

SNES mini w/ 2 controllers, av cable, power cable, and Super Mario All Stars - $5
Worked like a charm the second I plugged it in. Awesome.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest CIB $1
Has the cardboard insert, manual, and map. Contents look almost brand new.

[quote name='schultzed']Do I see 2 copies of Mario Kart in that pic?

I bought a game lot yesterday (I haven't gotten to pics yet) and there was a copy of instructions for Mario Kart SNES but no cart . . . fuck . . . I think you got my cart :)[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if that's your Super Mario Kart but I think I got your copy of Wheel of Fortune ^_^

Selection - Beyond the same 1st party titles I was thinking it was pretty bad, I think I'm setting some records as far as sports, dreck ratio goes in some of these bundles I've pulled from yardsales over the last few years.

The one SNES lot I got last year at the flea market had a pile of mostly SNES manuals, had about 5-10 manuals for solid 1st party Nintendo games I wonder who got my games on that one? Probably some friend who barrowed those games ages ago and never returned them lol

[quote name='Invicta 61']Pretty good haul there, schultzed. I can never find any good PS1 or PS2 games around here, they're always sports or other crap.[/QUOTE]

Considering that those are the games that every buyer leaves behind, I always figure that I got beat out when I see those. On the other hand, a lot of casual gamers seem to only buy crap . . . so what else will they have at the end. A few times, I've been able to cherry pick the one good game out of a bundle.

FOnewearl . . . makes you wonder. Maybe sometimes they traded in AAA titles to buy other games. Your bundle definitely made up for quality with quantity.

Is that box marked "Nintendo 360"? Lol, nice find anyway schultz.

I wont be able to go out to any sales for 2 weeks so Ill enjoy seeing more of your finds along with the rest of the crew, good luck on the hunt!

[quote name='schultzed']Considering that those are the games that every buyer leaves behind, I always figure that I got beat out when I see those. On the other hand, a lot of casual gamers seem to only buy crap . . . so what else will they have at the end. A few times, I've been able to cherry pick the one good game out of a bundle.

FOnewearl . . . makes you wonder. Maybe sometimes they traded in AAA titles to buy other games. Your bundle definitely made up for quality with quantity.[/QUOTE]

I've lost track of the number of times I've heard parents saying the kids traded in most of their PS2/Gamecube/XBox games to Gamestop except the ones they offered them a quarter or fifty cents for. Then they mark them $5 when they're usually that price of less at gamestop and you get some form of return policy. :roll:

I had a pretty crappy weekend, but I only got to two yard sales. Only games I saw were older PC titles, so only purchase was a Smart Media 64 MB card. The woman called her husband who said $1 and I said I'd pass. Still on the phone she says "well, he said 50 cents or whatever". I shelled out 50 cents. Wasn't sure what type of card it was, tbh, other than I knew it was outdated and would fit in my 11 in 1 card reader.

Hardly a good deal, considering a year or two ago I got a 128 mb USB drive for a quarter that I gave my bro.

There were some nice hauls this weekend. Congrats to everyone on the good finds.

My weekend was less than stellar. My wife's hometown has an annual city wide garage sale fest so I was able to hit about 70 sales across both Friday and Saturday. Last year at this thing I found my best haul ever, but this year I found hardly anything. I walked away with

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out - $0.25
Mario Paint with mouse - $1.

Not bad, but not great considering the number of sales I went to.

[quote name='Allwhowander']Last year at this thing I found my best haul ever, but this year I found hardly anything. [/QUOTE]

That's funny. I did so-so on Sat. at a subdivision that I did great at last year. On Friday, I did pretty well at a different subdivision that I did poorly at last year. Maybe these things run in streaks.

I've had similar situations. I figured that the majority of people sold what they wanted to the year before, so the next year was a drought.

Been busy lately, but managed to get a decent bit of stuff over the last few weeks:

PS PGA Tour '96 (complete), $1
XB Conker: Live & Reloaded (complete), $2
GC Pikmin 2 (Player's Choice, complete), $1
PS3 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (new & sealed), $7
PS Tiny Toon Adventures: The Great Beanstalk, $1
PS2 Xenosaga trilogy, $10 for all

GEN WWF: Royal Rumble, $1
GEN Soldiers of Fortune, $1
SNES Shaq Fu, 50¢
SNES Star Wars: Super Empire Strikes Back, 50¢
GEN Phantasy Star III (with PSII manual), $2.50

GEN Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Mega Hit series), $3
GB multicart, $2
GBA multicart, $2
GBC Zelda: Oracle of Ages
GBA Pokemon Emerald Version
GBA Zelda: The Minish Cap, $10 for all 3
GBA Tactics Ogre, $3.50
2 Transformer cassette guys, $2 for both
N64 GameShark, $1
N64 GameShark Pro, $1

Sega CD Mega Race
Sega CD Star Wars Chess, $5 for both
XB Star Wars Battlefront II, $2
XB Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
XB Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick, $3 for both

Pikachu plush doll, 50¢
Wario plush doll, 25¢

CD Frontline Assembly, $1
PS Tekken 2 (complete)
PS Bust-a-Move 99 (complete), $2 for both
PS Final Fantasy Tactics (complete), $1
PS Tomba (missing manual), $2
PS Silent Hill (complete), $4
NES Gyruss
NES Last Action Hero, $1 for both
NES Golf Grand Slam, $1

Sega 32X (complete in box), $10
Game Boy (no headphones or link cable), $6
SNES asciiPad, $2

Pac-Man and Donkey Kong tabletop games, $8 for both

No great stories to tell. Just me buying too much stuff as usual!

[quote name='allyourblood']

Pac-Man and Donkey Kong tabletop games, $8 for both

No great stories to tell. Just me buying too much stuff as usual![/QUOTE]

That picture is all the story you need. Outstanding Find!

[quote name='JediKiller24']That picture is all the story you need. Outstanding Find![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I've already owned both of these in the past, but I sold them years ago. This time I'm keeping them. Both have their instruction stickers and battery covers intact, which is really cool. I used to have an excellent condition TRON machine, which, sadly, I also sold. I currently own a sort of beat-up Frogger machine, so these two will look great next to that one on a shelf. Can't wait to get my studio/game room cleaned up and looking nice, where I can finally have this stuff displayed properly.

Saturday and Sunday finds:

Not much on Saturday but I did find books and DVDs to make up for the lack of games.

Sealed $1

Marked $2 but I paid $1 each

Guy had a PS1 lot with 20 sports games and this one ($50 I think):

I pulled Medievil and asked him if he'd take $1 . . . and he did.

This was one of those . . . I'm only watching tha sale and I need to call the seller situations.

They had Sims 3 360 but wanted $20. Lego SW, a Bluray and Big Bang Theory (S3 sealed) were all supposed to be $5 but I asked the tender he'd do $10 for all and he agreed. He also threw in a kid's book that I would've paid $1 for.

PS2 slim marked $20 . . .

but he took $5 :) . . . haven't tested it but I have extra controllers and games . . . should be good for a bundle.

Wasn't going to go out Sunday but there were a couple nearby . . . came up with:

We settled at $7 before I noticed the lack of power adapter . . . should've walked but paid $6. She did throw in the Nin hook-up. Didn't know that TMNT Hyper Stone had value until I got home. Too bad it is dog-chewed and lacks instructions . . . others are complete.

Same sale:

The PS1s were $1 each (along with some CDs) Ms. Pac Man is minty complete otherwise I'd have skipped it. Bulletstorm was $2 and FF was $4 (down from AP of $5). I immediately dumped Bulletstorm for $24 on Amazon figuring the price will fall.

[quote name='schultzed']Saturday and Sunday finds:

Not much on Saturday but I did find books and DVDs to make up for the lack of games.

Sealed $1

Marked $2 but I paid $1 each

Guy had a PS1 lot with 20 sports games and this one ($50 I think):

I pulled Medievil and asked him if he'd take $1 . . . and he did.

This was one of those . . . I'm only watching tha sale and I need to call the seller situations.

They had Sims 3 360 but wanted $20. Lego SW, a Bluray and Big Bang Theory (S3 sealed) were all supposed to be $5 but I asked the tender he'd do $10 for all and he agreed. He also threw in a kid's book that I would've paid $1 for.

PS2 slim marked $20 . . .

but he took $5 :) . . . haven't tested it but I have extra controllers and games . . . should be good for a bundle.

Wasn't going to go out Sunday but there were a couple nearby . . . came up with:

We settled at $7 before I noticed the lack of power adapter . . . should've walked but paid $6. She did throw in the Nin hook-up. Didn't know that TMNT Hyper Stone had value until I got home. Too bad it is dog-chewed and lacks instructions . . . others are complete.

Same sale:

The PS1s were $1 each (along with some CDs) Ms. Pac Man is minty complete otherwise I'd have skipped it. Bulletstorm was $2 and FF was $4 (down from AP of $5). I immediately dumped Bulletstorm for $24 on Amazon figuring the price will fall.[/QUOTE]

WTF! $2 for Bulletstorm. What is wrong with people.

[quote name='Rollobobo']WTF! $2 for Bulletstorm. What is wrong with people.[/QUOTE]

It was a kid about 13 . . . I asked him how much he wanted. I thought it was worth more like $10.

For all my fellow Illinoisans, you are aware that this weekend marks the annual More on 34 sale, right? 100 miles of sales all on Rt. 34.

I'm going with my folks. Nice way to spend Father's Day weekend and they have a truck so I can haul more stuff. :D

I have very high hopes for the weekend. I'll probably go out on Friday if the weather is decent.

[quote name='Tsel']For all my fellow Illinoisans, you are aware that this weekend marks the annual More on 34 sale, right? 100 miles of sales all on Rt. 34.

I'm going with my folks. Nice way to spend Father's Day weekend and they have a truck so I can haul more stuff. :D

I have very high hopes for the weekend. I'll probably go out on Friday if the weather is decent.[/QUOTE]

Wait! what?

Thats pretty damn cool for you Illinois people! Damn, 100 miles! Have fun haha :)

ALso - that 32X in box. I sold one last year for $120. Awesome find.

Here is post 1 of 3:

Disc Golf discs FREE

e91c0538.jpg

Some Books. Traded in one of them to amazon for 19.25 credit. These are the other 2. Paid $1 each.

2nd pic: Paid .50 for the Schlitz Aluminum mug and got the books FREE. One of the books sells for $20+ on amazon!

18e68d6a.jpg

6a2176f0.jpg

Puzzle SEALED $1 (worth about $25 on Amazon)

Pic 2: Disney Trvia Game with TIN (worth about $35 on Amazon) SEALED and Puzz 3-D Peppercricket farms (not worth much on amazon :( )

$5 total for both
59cdf0fc.jpg

71843617.jpg

Jack and Jill (1950s) Magazines and Garfield DVD SEALED $2 total

f7291510.jpg

Pepsi Stuff Promo Mountain Dew Skateboard $3

It is actually pretty nice. It is a Santa Cruz and has independent trucks on it.
234fb822.jpg

Vintage (Antique?) Bean Bag Buccaneers Game $1. I think this is a pretty rare game. It is missing 3 of the 6 Bean Bags, but I think everything else is in there.

adf5ec94.jpg

Went back to a sale because a guy said he had some comics that he would bring the next day. He told me he had a Batman comic that is worth $150 according to Wizard magazine.

I asked how much and he said it is a small stack that would be $5. I said sounds good.

I came back the next day and he said he couldn't find one of the books, so he would take $3 for the stack. These are the 2 best books. The Batman is actually a Silver Age Giant #182. I would grade it VG+, so it is worth about $25 in its current condition. Still happy to get it! :bouncy:

f6c72b0f.jpg

slowdive: awesome finds! Love the mountain dew skateboard...I remember trying to win that board from one of their collect caps promos; never happened though.

[quote name='schultzed']It was a kid about 13 . . . I asked him how much he wanted. I thought it was worth more like $10.[/QUOTE]

You scored there. I can never find deals like that....I am lucky if I can find someone selling video games lately. Nicely done.

[quote name='Rollobobo']You scored there. I can never find deals like that....I am lucky if I can find someone selling video games lately. Nicely done.[/QUOTE]

Check out post #1491 (last year) here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248036&page=75

The only advice that can be given is to just keep at it--get out early and scour. I seem to do best at the unadvertised sales . . . the stops along the way which often turn up some real finds.

I'm going to be out of commission the next two weeks :whistle2:( . . . Going on the yearly family vacation :) (my kids are 12 boy and 9 girl).

This year is east coast . . . NYC, Philly, and DC. It sucks to miss 2 weekends in high season but making $ for the trip is the main reason why I flip.

Im headin out on vacation for a week as well schultzed. Im turning 21 this coming week and girlfriend's family is taking me on vacation to the coast.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Thats pretty damn cool for you Illinois people! Damn, 100 miles! Have fun haha :)

ALso - that 32X in box. I sold one last year for $120. Awesome find.[/QUOTE]
A boxed 32x is worth that much? Damn, I got one for ~35 from goodwill's auction site, didn't realize a boxed one was so valuable, I just wanted a 32x :V

[quote name='Potatoeman']Im headin out on vacation for a week as well schultzed. Im turning 21 this coming week and girlfriend's family is taking me on vacation to the coast.[/QUOTE]

Which coast?

[quote name='elessar123']Which coast?[/QUOTE]

Heading to California for the first time! Girlfriend is from there and half of her family lives there. Staying in the bay area for 2 days then going to... wherever her family lives. Lancaster I think.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Heading to California for the first time! Girlfriend is from there and half of her family lives there. Staying in the bay area for 2 days then going to... wherever her family lives. Lancaster I think.[/QUOTE]

Ah. I liked SF. The pier has great seafood.

Ok here is post 2 of 3. These are the video games related stuff:

PS2 games $1 each

d0b21be6.jpg

PS1 games $1 each (but they are in nice shape)

3afc3892.jpg

Complete Sega Genesis wanted $5, paid $3

aeb5f872.jpg

Pokemon guides and GB game $1 total. I think the one on the right is a good one.

9ca472c0.jpg

PS1 games paid $5 total. Can never have too many FFVII! This is my first Dino Crisis 2...I wish it was complete.

1628aedf.jpg

These aren't games, but the Anime fans will appreciate them:

Neon Genesis Evangelion (import) soundtracks II, III, The end of Evangelion, Evangelion: The Birthday of Rei Ayanami.

Paid $5 total!

f22a9745.jpg

Non-gaming recent sales:

TV series on DVD are generally good buys . . . they sell well online and people are often willing to let them go for cheap. Even better is when you can put together a complete series. I was at one sale and saw a bunch of JAG (a show I'm not familar with). I counted 10 and the 10th season says "Final Season."

They were marked $5 each, so I scooped up all 10 and got them for $25. The whole set sold the other day for $150.

I don't mess around with electronics very much but when I see it sealed, I'm willing to take a chance.

Marked $5 but the guy let it go for $2. Sold within 2 days for $60 . . . maybe I should've listed it for higher???

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slowdive21']PS1 games $1 each (but they are in nice shape)

3afc3892.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those Midway Collections used to be valuable. I'd love to have the green one . . . apparently the only way you can play Burgertime arcade on a console--otherwise the games were covered on Midway Arcade Treasures.

[quote name='schultzed']Those Midway Collections used to be valuable. I'd love to have the green one . . . apparently the only way you can play Burgertime arcade on a console--otherwise the games were covered on Midway Arcade Treasures. Would you sell it?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I am probably keeping most of them. I may have an extra of the Namco vol 3.

Thanks for the burgertime tip! Every time I go to the Galloping Ghost Arcade with the Chicago CAGs, I end up spending most of my day on burgertime!

Nice finds on the JAG series. I rarely see full seasons like that for less than $10-$15 each. I pretty much pick up any season below $5, but they are drying up.

[quote name='slowdive21']
PS1 games paid $5 total. Can never have too many FFVII! This is my first Dino Crisis 2...I wish it was complete.

1628aedf.jpg

These aren't games, but the Anime fans will appreciate them:

Neon Genesis Evangelion (import) soundtracks II, III, The end of Evangelion, Evangelion: The Birthday of Rei Ayanami.

Paid $5 total!

f22a9745.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Populous was a good game on the ps1 (besides the load times), you should play it!

Might want to check the backs of those Evangelion OSTs, every once in a while you'll get a bootleg made in Taiwan.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Might want to check the backs of those Evangelion OSTs, every once in a while you'll get a bootleg made in Taiwan.[/QUOTE]

It's more like 99% of the time. They might be legit but there is a very good chance they will say Son May, EverAnime or some other bootleg company on the back.

I would imagine an anime nerd who imported those for big money wouldn't sell them for so cheap. Now if he only spent like 10 dollars at the local anime store or off of a bootleg website - then he wouldn't probably care about selling them for cheap.

Hopefully they are real though!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Populous was a good game on the ps1 (besides the load times), you should play it!

Might want to check the backs of those Evangelion OSTs, every once in a while you'll get a bootleg made in Taiwan.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dokstarr']It's more like 99% of the time. They might be legit but there is a very good chance they will say Son May, EverAnime or some other bootleg company on the back.

I would imagine an anime nerd who imported those for big money wouldn't sell them for so cheap. Now if he only spent like 10 dollars at the local anime store or off of a bootleg website - then he wouldn't probably care about selling them for cheap.

Hopefully they are real though![/QUOTE]

They say Star Child and King Record Co. on the cases and on the discs.

They also have the price in Yen and Printed in Japan. No UPCs though.

This is why I don't deal in Anime anymore...Too many bootlegs and re-releases.

I can snap a pic later for you guys if that helps!

EDIT: Here are some more pics:

c52a247c.jpg

52fab1b7.jpg

1475ee07.jpg

Here is my toy lot.

I asked about video games as usual and they lady said no but they still have some toys in their basement. I took a look and saw lots of He-Man vehicles that were in nice shape as well as most if not all of their accessories. Everything is nice and clean as well.

She wanted me to throw out a number, but before I could she started to say "I do want to keep the bins though, they are probably worth more than the..."
(they were in rubbermaid bins)

I heard that and since there were 3 bins I knew she was thinking of a low number. She asked me again for a number and I told her I did not want to insult her with something too low.

She said "How about $25?"

I said jokingly "Good thing I didn't throw out my number...I was going to say $10! How does $15 sound?"

She said "It's a deal!"

I think these are some generic k-mart type toys that are from the 90s

97279659.jpg

Misc GI Joe Vehicles, oddball figures, Star Wars, accessories (which are probably worth more than the figures)

e18ce343.jpg

703797c5.jpg

He-Man comics, Sectaurs comics, Centurions, and Mask comics

3d20386e.jpg

GI Joe figures. The weird thing: I do not see any broken thumbs!

ed3a02a8.jpg

He-Man figures and Vehicles. The pic does not do them justice...There are a lot of them.

c62d2344.jpg

They all seem to be complete, I just haven't put them together yet. I threw some of the armor on the ones I remember, but that was 25 years ago. :bouncy:

slowdive: the comment about the accessories made me laugh a bit. I find it funny how rare the accessories for some toys are. Kind of like how some old video games' boxes are worth more than the cartridges.

I sold a ton of Gundam figure accessories to someone a year back for a lot of cash after finding them in a box in my closet

[quote name='slowdive21']They say Star Child and King Record Co. on the cases and on the discs.

They also have the price in Yen and Printed in Japan. No UPCs though.

This is why I don't deal in Anime anymore...Too many bootlegs and re-releases.

I can snap a pic later for you guys if that helps!

EDIT: Here are some more pics:

c52a247c.jpg

52fab1b7.jpg

1475ee07.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Media play had a lot of anime CD's on clearance when they closed, perhaps they came from there? In my stores the japanese music cd's were some of the last items left. I don't think its unusual to find anime fans selling stuff cheap, most who are selling stuff want to get out of the hobby completely and they just want their stuff gone if you can find any selling stuff at a yard sale at all. For that price I would have bought the CD's for the music alone regardless if they were fake or not.

[quote name='SaraAB'] For that price I would have bought the CD's for the music alone regardless if they were fake or not.[/QUOTE]

That's the main reason I bought them, but I figured they had some resale value as well. ;)

I bought a lot of stuff today (mostly games). Just an FYI for everyone, I haven't been positing everything I bought since the season has picked up. I know the poll said a little bit of everything, but I don't bother posting glassware and household stuff.

So tomorrow is the start of the More on 34 100 mile sale and I'm not sure if I'll even be able to make it. I normally go with my mom as it's sort of our own thing, but I had to take her to the emergency room today. Turns out she has some sort of kidney infection. It doesn't feel right going without her. :(

[quote name='slowdive21']I bought a lot of stuff today [/QUOTE]

I'm very envious--had to drive past sale signs on the way to the airport yesterday.

Tsel . . . hope your Mom is alright.

Ah shit Tsel:/ sorry to hear. Hope she does well..

Ill try to lighten the mood...

I went out today to only 7 or 8 sales but got some goodies from one of them.

My 2nd stop of the day I found some old xbox games and a Nintendo 64 memory card. I asked the lady if she had any other game stuff and she said to come back tomorrow because she was unloading her garage. She said she had N64 games and console so hopefully tomorrow will be a good find. The games were marked $1 each(even the 2 360 games), so I have high hopes for getting a deal tomorrow.

Today though, in an unlisted sale, I found a little trove of games.
Some sports NES games, ps2 racing games, ps1 racing games... and these!
1001173s.jpg

Even with greatest hits, no manuals, and cracked cases, I couldnt say no to $1 or .50c a game. Not to mention out of all the crash/spyro/namco games, he had Megaman Legends... not a bad find for $7...

[quote name='slowdive21']Here is my toy lot.

I asked about video games as usual and they lady said no but they still have some toys in their basement. I took a look and saw lots of He-Man vehicles that were in nice shape as well as most if not all of their accessories. Everything is nice and clean as well.

She wanted me to throw out a number, but before I could she started to say "I do want to keep the bins though, they are probably worth more than the..."
(they were in rubbermaid bins)

I heard that and since there were 3 bins I knew she was thinking of a low number. She asked me again for a number and I told her I did not want to insult her with something too low.

She said "How about $25?"

I said jokingly "Good thing I didn't throw out my number...I was going to say $10! How does $15 sound?"

She said "It's a deal!"

I think these are some generic k-mart type toys that are from the 90s

97279659.jpg

Misc GI Joe Vehicles, oddball figures, Star Wars, accessories (which are probably worth more than the figures)

e18ce343.jpg

703797c5.jpg

He-Man comics, Sectaurs comics, Centurions, and Mask comics

3d20386e.jpg

GI Joe figures. The weird thing: I do not see any broken thumbs!

ed3a02a8.jpg

He-Man figures and Vehicles. The pic does not do them justice...There are a lot of them.

c62d2344.jpg

They all seem to be complete, I just haven't put them together yet. I threw some of the armor on the ones I remember, but that was 25 years ago. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

You suck. :p I just want to get my hands on a skeletor with accessories...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back