Official 2011 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='slowdive21']
I didn't balk at it, I was nice about it. I said how about $15? :lol:

[/QUOTE]

I was joking.

I do the same thing--it's an impulse . . . the time the deal fell through on me blew me away because the woman stepped outside the "rules" of negotiation. When someone counterfoffers, you either accept, counteroffer, or stand your ground. That incident really bugs me.

BTW, Haunted Mansion is really, really awful. But War of the Monsters is an excellent game . . . at the time, it was a triple-A PS2 game . . . not only is the game play tight but the presentation is awesome. I think the lack of a monster-movie license actually helped the game to better capture the whole B-movie era.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slowdive21']This is my "Jackpot find". I asked a kid if they had any video games and he told me he has a N64 in the house if I am interested. All the games are in great condition and the controllers are like new. I asked him what he wanted for it and he said $25. I paid $20.

These are going in my permanent collection (until I find boxed copies).

1ff3dede.jpg

:D[/QUOTE]

I hate you!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

I have been looking for Paper Mario for Ever!!!
And Super smash bros. GAHHHHHHH!
Those Mario partys look cool too:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

(Just kidding abou the hate part though:D)

I just got around to installing the 2003 MS office CD with key I got for free a year or two ago. (I really only wanted the replacement DVD case), but the Key is still active, so I am rocking 8 yr old word processing software. I need to update my resume and Open Office does not have much in the realm of templates.

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']I hate you!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[/QUOTE]

He is to be hated . . . if I get an N64 bundle I get sports and kiddle titles . . . he picked up the cream of the crop.

First weekend of yard-saleing in Jersey for me. Didn't come upon anything until the very last sale, except for an original Xbox with about 15 racing/sport games for $200 ("worth $500" was written under the price). But at the last sale when I was just on my way home, I spotted a great deal (for my area, anyway).

Got a PSP 3000 with absolutely no scratches or marks anywhere, its charger, original manuals (no box), a 2GB memory stick, Patapon, and a Super Mario Land gameboy cart that had gotten stuck in the baggy for some reason.... all for $30 .

She was asking $40; I kinda regret not going for $20 but I'm happy with $30 !

It's gonna be a good season for yard sales, everybody! :D

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']First weekend of yard-saleing in Jersey for me. Didn't come upon anything until the very last sale, except for an original Xbox with about 15 racing/sport games for $200 ("worth $500" was written under the price). But at the last sale when I was just on my way home, I spotted a great deal (for my area, anyway).

Got a PSP 3000 with absolutely no scratches or marks anywhere, its charger, original manuals (no box), a 2GB memory stick, Patapon, and a Super Mario Land gameboy cart that had gotten stuck in the baggy for some reason.... all for $30 .

She was asking $40; I kinda regret not going for $20 but I'm happy with $30 !

It's gonna be a good season for yard sales, everybody! :D[/QUOTE]

Long time no see, you were the one that went to church sales, am I right?

The high-priced xbox bundles, whew, what's a good word for those...TRAGIC. Last year I got a complete system plus nine (?) games for eleven bucks. God it was tough flipping those games to get my money back :drool: I think I sold some to Fire_Thief, which makes for a fond memory of small proportions (Getting any sort of money for a disc-only BLOOD WAKE is amazing).

Hey everyone. Is there a way to set up a script or an auto search for craigslist? I think it would be helpful not only to me, but to everyone if we had some type of video game search in the OP. Is there a way to make one?

Example: on ebay you can type (NES,n64,sega) and any listing containing one of those words will come up in the results. Would it be possible to a similar search on CL?

[quote name='slowdive21']Hey everyone. Is there a way to set up a script or an auto search for craigslist? I think it would be helpful not only to me, but to everyone if we had some type of video game search in the OP. Is there a way to make one?

Example: on ebay you can type (NES,n64,sega) and any listing containing one of those words will come up in the results. Would it be possible to a similar search on CL?[/QUOTE]

An APP on android does this, but I don't think you can do advance searches on CL and accomplish it in a single search.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Long time no see, you were the one that went to church sales, am I right?[/QUOTE]

I do go to some church sales haha - pretty much whatever sales I can find that are within biking distance I'll go to.

The high-priced xbox bundles, whew, what's a good word for those...TRAGIC. Last year I got a complete system plus nine (?) games for eleven bucks. God it was tough flipping those games to get my money back :drool: I think I sold some to Fire_Thief, which makes for a fond memory of small proportions (Getting any sort of money for a disc-only BLOOD WAKE is amazing).

Yeah, I know right? I don't think I've ever found a valuable original Xbox or PS2 game at yard sales. I once did find some pretty valuable PS2 game [can't remember the name off the top of my head], I open the case and it's empty :cry: got the lady to give me the case for free though, so not a complete waste!

Last year I also got a little bundle of original Xbox games off of Craigslist that were fairly valuable (see post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7438360#post7438360) Paid $2 each. I thought I was going to make more, but I did end up flipping for a $40 profit...Not horrible :whistle2:#

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']The high-priced xbox bundles, whew, what's a good word for those...TRAGIC. God it was tough flipping those games to get my money back :drool: [/QUOTE]

From ex-ebay's link:
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 4
Stubbs The Zombie
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Fatal Frame II

This is pretty much about it for Xbox games . . . although for some ungodly reason, you can do well on this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Barbie-Horse-...NH6D/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304596698&sr=8-1

A few years ago, I bought a lot of about 15 Xbox games for $10 . . . they were almost all junk except for the above title :)

[quote name='slowdive21']Hey everyone. Is there a way to set up a script or an auto search for craigslist? I think it would be helpful not only to me, but to everyone if we had some type of video game search in the OP. Is there a way to make one?

Example: on ebay you can type (NES,n64,sega) and any listing containing one of those words will come up in the results. Would it be possible to a similar search on CL?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but I set up a RSS subscription with google reader to update when items I look for are added to the for sales part of craigslist. It won't give you the instant edge you would have manually as theres some delay but its good enough if you are more worried about missing miscategorized stuff.

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']I do go to some church sales haha - pretty much whatever sales I can find that are within biking distance I'll go to.

Yeah, I know right? I don't think I've ever found a valuable original Xbox or PS2 game at yard sales. I once did find some pretty valuable PS2 game [can't remember the name off the top of my head], I open the case and it's empty :cry: got the lady to give me the case for free though, so not a complete waste!

Last year I also got a little bundle of original Xbox games off of Craigslist that were fairly valuable (see post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7438360#post7438360) Paid $2 each. I thought I was going to make more, but I did end up flipping for a $40 profit...Not horrible :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I think the reason for this is that A. There aren't that many valuable PS2 / X-Box games in the first place, and a lot of the stuff that used to be value ended up getting reprinted (blame gamequest direct). And B. Of the games that are valuable for X-Box and PS2, most of them are so obscure that the odds of finding them at yard sales or thrift stores is so improbable that it won't happen.

[quote name='schultzed']From ex-ebay's link:
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 4
Stubbs The Zombie
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Fatal Frame II

This is pretty much about it for Xbox games . . . although for some ungodly reason, you can do well on this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Barbie-Horse-...NH6D/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304596698&sr=8-1

A few years ago, I bought a lot of about 15 Xbox games for $10 . . . they were almost all junk except for the above title :)[/QUOTE]

KOTOR 2, Conker: Live & Reloaded, and Psychonauts are all worth keeping an eye out for too.

For the common stuff sometimes it pays to check ebay's completed listings; I was about to give away The Warriors in a bulk lot but as it turned out it wasn't hard to squeeze out $4 + $4 shipping in an individual sale.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Conker: Live & Reloaded[/QUOTE]

Conker is definitely a winner. Another that surprised me, when I found it, was Star Wars Battlefront II.

[quote name='SaraAB']Isn't Marvel Vs Capcom Xbox worth something, or did that go down in price lately?[/QUOTE]

On Ebay completed listings it looks like the $30 buy it now ones aren't selling, and the one I found that did sell went for $12.50 free shipping -

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARVEL-VS-CAPCO...Games_Games&hash=item3a65af2ed4#ht_500wt_1140

May be due to the fact that Marvel vs Capcom 3 just came out for 360 and no one is interested in the 2nd anymore.

Mini-Jackpot Today pics to come by Thursday...Major disappointment today as well. I hit a sale in an old house and they were selling everything. The guy asked what I am interested in and I said comic books. He said "We had the (unadvertised) sale last week and some guy bought all of them. There was a stack about a foot high. They were all from the 1940s and maybe some 50's". After he said that, I died a little inside. I refrained from asking how much and if they were super-hero books. I also refrained from saying, "Those could have been worth more than your house!" :bomb::censored::headache:

[quote name='slowdive21']Major disappointment today as well. [/QUOTE]

I have my own tale of woe.

First off: I'm coming up totally empty handed on games lately. There were only a handful of sales today.

Secondly, this morning I hit a few 8 AM sales (total waste of time) and then came back and got my daughter on the bus (at about 8:35) and then went out to hit 3 9 AM sales. As I'm going to the first one I see this competitor (for books) and he's raving about a sale he was just at. But it was this house where they've had a series of sales. I did well with some CDs (made over $100) at the first one but the second (where they opened the basement) was a total bust for me . . . lots of old tools and electronics parts. So, I blew off the 3rd (today).

So this guy (must be in his 70s--I keep hoping he'll have a heart attack) tells me he bought 40-50 books.

Later I get to the house and sure enough they opened up the upstairs and the bookshelves are clearly missing many books. I still scooped up about 15 books worth an easy $200.

What would I have found if I had gotten there at 8 AM? To cap it off, this place is about 4 blocks from my house. I often drive an hour to buy books . . . fuck

[quote name='SaraAB']Isn't Marvel Vs Capcom Xbox worth something, or did that go down in price lately?[/QUOTE]

I remember getting a copy of this for $5 at the GREAT Circuit City clearance of 2004.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']KOTOR 2, Conker: Live & Reloaded, and Psychonauts are all worth keeping an eye out for too.

For the common stuff sometimes it pays to check ebay's completed listings; I was about to give away The Warriors in a bulk lot but as it turned out it wasn't hard to squeeze out $4 + $4 shipping in an individual sale.[/QUOTE]
I actually have Psychonauts for Xbox(sealed) somewhere around the house. I don't even play the Xbox anymore. It's packed away in my closet of gaming horrors(so much stuff packed in there it's no longer a walk in closet:shock:) someplace.

I got it for $3 from Kmart when they still did tolerable clearance pricing.:cry:

And no, it's not for sale for $3.50 shipped, so don't even ask. :booty:

Both the PS2 and X-Box versions were worth a considerable amount, then they put the game up on X-Box Live and PSN, and the prices tanked.

[quote name='schultzed']I have my own tale of woe.

So this guy (must be in his 70s--I keep hoping he'll have a heart attack) tells me he bought 40-50 books.

What would I have found if I had gotten there at 8 AM? To cap it off, this place is about 4 blocks from my house. I often drive an hour to buy books . . . fuck[/QUOTE]

That reminds me, I saw one of the scanner guys today. First time I saw this guy this year. He uses a separate mini scanner and uses the phone as a display. He is much more subtle than most scanners. The best type I have seen so far was one that you wear like a wristwatch.

Good luck tomorrow! I think I am taking the day off from sales since it is free comic book day. I already have some stuff to clean from earlier today.

[quote name='slowdive21']That reminds me, I saw one of the scanner guys today. First time I saw this guy this year. He uses a separate mini scanner and uses the phone as a display. He is much more subtle than most scanners. The best type I have seen so far was one that you wear like a wristwatch.

Good luck tomorrow! I think I am taking the day off from sales since it is free comic book day. I already have some stuff to clean from earlier today.[/QUOTE]
What is this free comic book day you speak of?:) I stopped buying em once they went over $2 a book, so chances are even if the free ones today were decent I wouldn't likely start buying em again.

Then again the only title I was reading was the mature version of The Punisher and I stopped buying that abruptly after they killed a villian in a totally cornball kinda way early on in the series.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What is this free comic book day you speak of?:) I stopped buying em once they went over $2 a book, so chances are even if the free ones today were decent I wouldn't likely start buying em again.

Then again the only title I was reading was the mature version of The Punisher and I stopped buying that abruptly after they killed a villian in a totally cornball kinda way early on in the series.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Free Comic Book Day is a day when most of the comic distributors provide free comics for comic book shop owners to hand out. Usually they're very brief one shots, other times they're just promotional material for whatever current series Marvel or DC is pushing. Unless you have a comic book shop nearby, it's usually not worth going out of your way for, especially since the free comics most people actually want to get are in limited supply and you have to be there first in the morning to get them. Usually after the first hour all that's left is free issues of Ducktales, Transformers, Archie, and other crap most people don't want to read.

[quote name='spmahn']Both the PS2 and X-Box versions were worth a considerable amount, then they put the game up on X-Box Live and PSN, and the prices tanked.[/QUOTE]
And a few weeks after it was put on the marketplaces I got one for $2.50... Dang :(

got 5 nes games for a dollar

Pin Bot
The Legend Of Zelda
Golf
Championship Bowling
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt

two had dust jackets and Golfs back label is torn but good shape besides that.

A genesis model 2 with two controllers and 15 games (two sports titles but everything else was great) for 20 bucks this morning. Another sale advertised ps1 games but its pretty far away.

Work was earlier than usual today so I only got to hit one sale run by some Girl Scouts. It wasn't a total bust, I picked up a GBA with Driver for GBC fOr $2. It was missing the battery cover, but instead came with some odd Gamecube Controller looking shell to attach it to and grip while playing. I also got a box of Thin Mint cooking for $4.

I went to some advertised video game sales, two to be exact. The 1st got sniped before I got there at 7:00 am and had exactly one game on display (Animal Crossing empty case). The second was a real bullshitter who had a Playboy the Mansion ps2 for $15 (even though it goes for "$75" on ebay). So I offered him a buck on a Sims game that had a ps2 memory card inside the case ;) and of course he then takes the card out and then asks $3 for it. Then I'm like, oh wait, this game is scratched up, that's no good--and proceed to get the hell out of there.

There was a community sale next (in a dead-end court, that being an apt description for the deals to be found there). I asked about Playstation games and the guy brought out a slim with a junkload of extra controllers, two memory cards, and 20 games. The problem is there's not one game title which breaks the 50 cent mark, and the guy won't budge from his asking price of $75. Sure that might work as a starter set for somebody, but I was only seeing like $40 TIV there (assuming the dusty system works).

So I continue to another community sale, then a church sale, all while building this black cloud over my head. Frankly I'm starting to get ticked off over the sh*t carnival I've been seeing (a single madden game here, a beat to hell legend of zelda 4 swords guide for what, $2, there. Then I see a triple stack of CDs on the back of a pick-up truck, and the mustached gentleman calls out "I'll take $20 for all of them!). Anyhow I see some Dreamcast games hidden away, and sensing weakness I offer 50 cents each...

He comes back with, "Wait you got the best stuff, those go for $30 bucks each online!" Upon which I do the mouth butterfly and scoff, "Dreamcast is dead." This nets me the following for $6.

Soundgarden Badmotorfinger
Sega Smash Pack Volume 1
Ms. Pac-man Maze Madness
Shenmue (no manual)
Death Crimson Ox (behind it a beat-up Power Stone disc)
Plasma Sword (lol, I'm cursed)

And on the way out I snag a Yoshi's Story n64 for $3 and some manga (Rosario Vampire vol 1-10.) for $4.

I'm sort of feeling better at this point since it seems like I might break even on the $12 worth of gas I spent, so I head to one more community sale of nothingness and for kicks I walk across the street down to the advertised yet-not-as-noticeable sales. Then I fire out my usual line of looking for Super Nintendo and Playstation 1 to the freshly parented twenty-something, not really expecting much so I walk across the street.

So naturally I look back and see another fuckin' n64 console. Then I see it on two crates of wires. So what's inside! Oh, just games, controllers...Conker's Bad Fur Day (again). Asking price is $25, $25 is paid. So we can't find a A/V cord to the system WHO GIVES A CRAP rofl.

Here's the haul, here's the haul, here's the haul:

n64 console w/ power supply
four controllers (yes!)
Banjo-Kazooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Cruisin' Usa
Donkey Kong 64
007 Goldeneye
In the Zone '98
Lego Racers
Namco Museum 64
Perfect Dark
Quake 2
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario 64
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey
Wcw vs. Nwo World Tour

This just goes to show that you should always persevere! It's my personal theory that one should hunt up to the 12 noon or even 1 pm mark, as on a warm day everyone's brains start getting cooked into good deal mode.

Last edited:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I actually have Psychonauts for Xbox(sealed) somewhere around the house. I don't even play the Xbox anymore. It's packed away in my closet of gaming horrors(so much stuff packed in there it's no longer a walk in closet:shock:) someplace.

I got it for $3 from Kmart when they still did tolerable clearance pricing.:cry:

And no, it's not for sale for $3.50 shipped, so don't even ask. :booty:[/QUOTE]

I'm hurt IATCG, you know I would at least offer you $3.75. :lol: Seriously though, I'd run with that to Amazon and try to make the sale for $40ish.

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']Nice haul on the N64 lot Indigo! I swear I'd fuck my pants if I ever saw anything like that in my area.[/QUOTE]

I swear my area must be an n64 landfill or something; this is the third score I've had in two weeks. o_O Ironically I almost never find SNES games, which are more along the lines of what I'm looking for.

Today was "The Hill Sale" in my town near my old neighborhood which is usually pretty good. This year was fairly disappointing, but I also got out a little late.

Picked up the following

Power Rangers Dino Thunder (Gamecube). It was a quarter, I didn't even bother to look if it was scratched up or not.
FaceBreaker for the 360. $5 still sealed with the Sears $14.99 sticker on the side.
Star Wars Episode 1 for the PSOne. $1
Midway Atari Classics for the PSOne. $2 (My sister got MLB 2002 from them for the same)
Sega Smash Pack 2 for the PC. 10 cents.

Also, Weird Al Bad Hair Day for 25 cents

Also some other random stuff like an Alabama CD for my grandfather as it was 25 cents and two of those General Mills TV DVDs for a dime each (Mad About You and King of Queens).

Passed on a ton of 360 games at the first yard sale I stopped at. They were $10 each and none of them really stood out for the price. (Call of Juarez, THP8 which I own, etc.) Also saw quite a bit of PS2 games for $5 and a few XBox ones for $5 too but again nothing worth the price.

Only one system as well, a PS2 slim with about a dozen games for $75. That was at the place where I picked up Facebreaker.

Also, this is the first year that I didn't see some form of cartridge games.

Nothing this week for me, but I had a very small amount of luck last week.

I hit one sale, that was like a hippie commune or something. The sale runners were banging on drums, playing guitar, and singing songs. They had about 20 or 30 360/PS3 games all marked $20 each, nothing really good or worth anything though. Then I found a few random games nearby. NES Galaga, Zelda Collectors Edition, and FF8. None of them marked, so I ask how much, expecting huge numbers. He tells me $3 for FF8, $4 for Galaga, and $5 for Zelda. I come back with "how about 10 for all of it", and he comes back with $13. Apparently this guy is bad at math since his original offer was $12 total. I come back at $11 and he accepts. More than I would've like to pay, but I already flipped Zelda for $40 so I can't complain.

Next sale I find has a box that says: "Movies and Games: $1" so I start digging and find a boxed SNES Street Fighter II, boxed Stunt Race FX, loose Mario World, and a few random manuals. Having been burned before I open them to make sure everything is there. No games. I ask the sale runner, she goes to look inside and can't find anything. I say I still want the boxes so I get them all for free. I passed on Mario.

So total I spent $11 and got:
NES Galaga (cart only)
PSX FF8 Greatest Hits (complete)
GC Zelda Collector's Edition (complete)
SNES Stunt Race FX (box and manual)
SNES Street Fighter II (box only)
also manuals for Mario All Stars and Mario Kart.

I'm seeing a *lot* of rock band and guitar heros this year, usually full band bundles marked around $80. And there's 1 non-gaming item I'm seeing a lot of as well, like an unusually high number of, and that's the Ab Lounge. I swear I've seen at least 15 of the things and have only hit like 40 or so sales so far this year. I saw a lot last year too, but this year there are even more.

[quote name='spmahn']Free Comic Book Day is a day when most of the comic distributors provide free comics for comic book shop owners to hand out. Usually they're very brief one shots, other times they're just promotional material for whatever current series Marvel or DC is pushing. Unless you have a comic book shop nearby, it's usually not worth going out of your way for, especially since the free comics most people actually want to get are in limited supply and you have to be there first in the morning to get them. Usually after the first hour all that's left is free issues of Ducktales, Transformers, Archie, and other crap most people don't want to read.[/QUOTE]
Transformers.....crap? Since when? That was the only other series I tried getting into from some indy publisher back when I was still buying issues of the mature version of The Punisher. But I slacked off and didn't pick up any issues for 2-3 months and then found out that the issues I missed were a 'low print run' and they wanted $10 an issue for the TF ones I'd missed.

But I knew what Free Comic Day is:), since they've been doing it since the late 90's or so if I remember correctly.
[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm hurt IATCG, you know I would at least offer you $3.75. :lol: Seriously though, I'd run with that to Amazon and try to make the sale for $40ish.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I had an opened copy(also bought from Kmart for $5 or so:razz:) that I sold with a big lot of PS2/Xbox games about three years ago on CAG to afford to buy my 40gb PS3 I bought.

Sadly, the set also included ALL of the Silent Hill games up until then(including the original, black label for PS1) AND Ico for about $450 SHIPPED. But thanks to CAG and knowing about all sorts of clearances/sales I don't think that collection cost me anywhere near that amount.:booty:

I still wanna play the game though, so chances are I'm not going to sell it to make a quick buck.:whistle2:#

Berry quiet on games so far this year ...
today
360 20 G hard drive $5
PSP 1001 box/manuals/charger free
GBA Zelda 4 swords GBC Buffy $1

electric razor scooter (free) supposedly needs a battery...charging it now to make sure...

and today a lil guy wanted $50 for a GBA SP (no charger/games) I laughed and asked if he meant $5 ... but "NO! those are a hundred dollers!"

off craigs
minty DS lite with box/manual & complete mario kart $40 (not a great price but I am bored not finding a damn thing! LOL)

last week
flute/electric guitar/amp all for $25 (had to spring for a $1 missing string)...sold the flute for $60
PSP monster freedom 2/jarhead movie/sahara movie $1

Sigh. I didn't do horrible, but I missed the mother load.

About 2 hours into a community sale, I come across a mom and her son selling a Crimson DSL, an iPod Nano, and $3 DS carts. Of course, someone had just beat me to it, and picked them up with Mario Party, Mario 64, and 2 other games. And the buyer goes, "I owe you $27, right?"

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

I did pick up Zoo Tycoon 2, Pokemon Pearl, and a Mensa game for $5 from the same sale though.

Playstation Games - $1

Playstation 2 System With Network Adaptor & 2 Game Boy Pockets With 9 GB to GBA games - $15

N64 With Power Cord - .84

N64 Wrasslin Games - $1

NES System With 10 Games (Stealth ATF, Track & Field II & Tetris Hard To See) - $30

Asked about games at a sale early on, brought out about 20 PS2 & 10 PS1 games offered a buck for 2 of them (No manual for the big box game). The GB & PS2 stuff I found at an unadvertised yardsale I tripped over by a main street. I offer $10 for it all but the guy said he couldn't has it was his son's stuff I ended up going with it anyways but the guy said $15 would be ok (saving me .50) I wasen't thinking, I should have at least put the controller marked $2 back as I already have a few extra around I don't need. I offered a buck for the N64 but they didn't have change for a five and I didn't have any ones so they took all of the change I had instead lol N64 games at an unadvertised sale that was setting up late and were asking price. I asked about games at one house and the lady had an NES she wanted gone and called her husband, I figured he would want to keep it but it was ok to sell it with him. Asked $50 I said I was thinking $20 and offered to meet in the middle to which she showed her hand and said that $30 was the least he told her to let it go for.

Boxed NES With 15 Games (2 Complete, Q*Bert The Only One Without A Manual, 2600 4 Switch With 29 Games - $50

Asked about games at one house and the guy mentioned having some stuff but said that he was planing to sell it on eBay, sounded as if he decided to sell it when rounding up everything for the yardsale but figured it would be better to sell the video games online vs his yardsale. He brought it out and I looked it over and offered him $40 for everything (figured my "I'll give you $5" line wasen't going to cut it or $10 maybe in this case seeing as it was 2 systems each with games) He pondered it over and said how about $60 to which I offered to meet in the middle and he accepted.

Got out at about 7:45 and was home before 11, went to about 29 sales today. I only had a list of 14 sales today (one being a street or community sale that only ended up being 3 yardsales).

I actually saw about 20 yardsales/community, street sales advertised that I passed on since I've been to them before. The community sales could have more sales that I've never been to before but I don't always remember/keep track of all of the sales I've been to before at these community sales so I figure it better to just pass altogether since a good chuck of it will just be the same houses every year. I also figure anything out for sale at a bigger community sale will be more likely to go fast with more traffic and it's always a bigger pain in the ass to ask about video games if they are busy (I usually like fitting in community sales late in my route so that it's less likely to be busy by the time I'm at it). Well over 100 sales around today if I wanted to (and could somehow) make it to all of them. Two of the community sales being pretty good size (about 25 sales each I'd guess).

I can't remember seeing any overpriced video games today but the bundles I got weren't dirt cheap either (Thinking $10 or less for a system with games for dirt cheap) Probably should have passed on the NES with 10 games.

I do revist some sales be it for one reason or another, right by another sale I've never been to or an unadvertised sale I stop at and have deja vu or thinking they might have something of interest from asking about video games in previous years (lucked out and found Earthbound for a buck 2 years ago revisiting a sale that I had a hunch would have some older games). Two sales today mentioned Genesis stuff to me last year but had nothing out today on return, one was even a house I got a complete Animaniacs for Genesis at last year that even took my number. Some used to haves old games today, one house mentioned giving an old Nintendo system to someone and the only thing I was told about missing was at one of the last sales of the day. Moving sale, sold a Nintendo and Atari (with games each IIRC) all for $10. This guy was already BSing with another lady and already mentioned how the "antique dealers" started showing up at 6 AM as he was starting to set up and I jokingly said after he told me about the games that they probably went fast and they did.

Usually just lurk on this forum to see fellow CAG pick-up, but I thought I'd post today since I found a nice NES lot at a local garage sale. Not sure what it's worth, but I paid $25 for the whole lot. Pic are below and I apologize in advance for the poor quality pictures, my cell phone's camera is terrible :<

2011-05-07180219.jpg

2011-05-07180132.jpg

2011-05-07174745.jpg

2011-05-07174639.jpg

2011-05-07174531.jpg

2011-05-07174454.jpg

2011-05-07174402.jpg

[quote name='HYDFDEMON']Usually just lurk on this forum to see fellow CAG pick-up, but I thought I'd post today since I found a nice NES lot at a local garage sale. Not sure what it's worth, but I paid $25 for the whole lot. Pic are below and I apologize in advance for the poor quality pictures, my cell phone's camera is terrible :<

2011-05-07180219.jpg

2011-05-07180132.jpg

2011-05-07174745.jpg

2011-05-07174639.jpg

2011-05-07174531.jpg

2011-05-07174454.jpg

2011-05-07174402.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Wow. That's a hell of a lot for $25. Every time I try going to yard sales around here people have old Atari games for $5 each and won't budge on them.:roll:

You might wanna check Video Game Price Charts(www.vgpc.com ) for values on those games.

I just checked my own copy of Theme Park for PS1 that I have since I coulda sworn I didn't have a manual for it, but as it turns out I do. Great game. I used to have a PS1 memory card around here someplace with a save for it where the bus bringing people into the park was like 150 feet long. The place was a pig sty cuz people would keep barfing all over, but they still kept coming back. :lol:

That was a nice NES haul

I expect to see a lot of Rock Band and Guitar Hero bundles around here, but I don't think they are worth much, am I correct? I mean I don't even think GS takes these used and they are huge, take up space and impossible to ship so selling online isn't an option especially with ebay tacking on fees to shipping costs now. I don't really want one to play, and I don't see any feasible easy way of getting rid of these so I probably shouldn't buy any right?

I did go out today but I didn't get anything, however it does mark the opening week of yard sale season for me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wow. That's a hell of a lot for $25. Every time I try going to yard sales around here people have old Atari games for $5 each and won't budge on them.:roll:

You might wanna check Video Game Price Charts(www.vgpc.com ) for values on those games.

I just checked my own copy of Theme Park for PS1 that I have since I coulda sworn I didn't have a manual for it, but as it turns out I do. Great game. I used to have a PS1 memory card around here someplace with a save for it where the bus bringing people into the park was like 150 feet long. The place was a pig sty cuz people would keep barfing all over, but they still kept coming back. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The PS1 things you see in the pics are just the manuals, not the games unfortunately; they were just mixed in with the lot of games and stuck in some of the dust sleeves that are not pictured. I was really excited to find a LoZ manual in one of the gold Zelda games even tough it is beat up. Thanks for the site for price check BTW :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wow. That's a hell of a lot for $25. Every time I try going to yard sales around here people have old Atari games for $5 each and won't budge on them.:roll:[/QUOTE]

When someone lowballs them, do they throw a fit and shit their pants like you apparently do?

[quote name='Macheezmo']Nothing this week for me, but I had a very small amount of luck last week.

I hit one sale, that was like a hippie commune or something. The sale runners were banging on drums, playing guitar, and singing songs. They had about 20 or 30 360/PS3 games all marked $20 each, nothing really good or worth anything though. Then I found a few random games nearby. NES Galaga, Zelda Collectors Edition, and FF8. None of them marked, so I ask how much, expecting huge numbers. He tells me $3 for FF8, $4 for Galaga, and $5 for Zelda. I come back with "how about 10 for all of it", and he comes back with $13. Apparently this guy is bad at math since his original offer was $12 total. I come back at $11 and he accepts. More than I would've like to pay, but I already flipped Zelda for $40 so I can't complain.[/QUOTE]

I'm loving the hippie story here, it's like you got to make the numbers line up so they get the right celestial vibes man.

[quote name='SaraAB']That was a nice NES haul

I expect to see a lot of Rock Band and Guitar Hero bundles around here, but I don't think they are worth much, am I correct? I mean I don't even think GS takes these used and they are huge, take up space and impossible to ship so selling online isn't an option especially with ebay tacking on fees to shipping costs now. I don't really want one to play, and I don't see any feasible easy way of getting rid of these so I probably shouldn't buy any right?

I did go out today but I didn't get anything, however it does mark the opening week of yard sale season for me.[/QUOTE]

It might be a good question for the Rare game thread, is there such a thing as a desirable Rock Band bundle? I pass on these all the time, namely because they remind of me the one DDR Mat flip I tried doing (I actually got a buyer on this but it took forever--just to get $15 for two mats and two games).

[quote name='SaraAB']That was a nice NES haul

I did go out today but I didn't get anything, however it does mark the opening week of yard sale season for me.[/QUOTE]
Gamestop hasn't taken any of the plastic instruments in a while now. I remember the local stores being cluttered with tons of them.

The only thing that was selling was some drum set from Kmart that was like $10 or so. I think those were getting $40-50 or more for a while for some reason.:roll:
[quote name='pitfallharry219']When someone lowballs them, do they throw a fit and shit their pants like you apparently do?[/QUOTE]
Ahhhh. Another fan.;) Take a cue from my sig and put me on ignore if you don't like what I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back