Official 2011 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='donut']Saturday game finds 7 community sales (insane) visited at least 100 but at lightning speed (hate that as I know a bunch was missed)

Fable guide $.25
[/QUOTE]

It seems like its feast or famine . . . sometimes you can't find enough sales and then in high season (like now) there are more than you can stop at or search properly.

I love that Lost Chapters guide . . . its a great flip. In the last 2 years, I've sold 3 of them for an average of $42. The regular Fable guide isn't worth much but that one is in short supply.

awesome, thanks for the advice. I threw the GB up on ebay as a lot starting for 25, hope to gather some interest in it.

When it comes to selling, how would you recommend doing it? Just like you said put them for a set price up on amazon and let them sit even if they dont sell?

[quote name='JediKiller24']I've been hauling scrap metal to the scrap yard for a long time. I started with collecting aluminum cans. scrap metal prices fluctuate all the time. here are some prices from my last scrap run:
aluminum (this goes for cans, aluminum sheet, poles, etc) .52/lb (aluminum is up right now, so grab all the cans you see :))
electric motors (for example you can pull motors out of ceiling and floor fans, anything like that) .16/lb (that was a little lower then it has been)
my local scrap place takes batteries (car/marine, etc) at .12/lb
and then anything that is ferrous is labeled white goods at 11.05/hundred weight (so you get $11.05 for every hundred pounds) In this category you have stuff like refridgerators, washing machines, dryers, microwaves, water heaters, basically any appliance, anything that a magnet sticks to little bits of metal, nails, screw, anything. This is the sort of stuff that I just load up the back of my pick up truck with as much as I can pile on. They have a scale to drive over, they weigh the truck, then you unload it, and go over the scale again.
copper and brass, deffinately worht more then all the above, but I haven't taken a load of copper in a while so I don't have a current price. I tend to get copper pipes in small pieces, so I keep it in a 5 gal bucket until I get a full bucket and have a nice payday from that. Another good source of copper is electrical wires. When you scrap a fridge or any kind of electrical gadget, cut the cord off and keep that seperate. The downside of that is in order to get the most $ for it, you have to get the insulation off, and that is a lot of work. I have yet to find a good way to that, short of cutting a bit at the top, then pulling with 2 pliers. (yeah, you can burn it off, but that changes the color of the copper, so they know you did that, and since burning that stuff goes against pollution laws in most places, it is greatly frowned upon)
so anyway, it's a bit of work, sorting out the metals and what not, but if you have a place to stockpile it until you have a truck load, then it's worth it.
One tip I have for a want-to-be scrapper is to watch the free section on craigslist, or check for a freecycle yahoo group for your city. I find a lot of people that have used, often not working appliances that they are willing to give away to anyone that will come take them. I always respond to those ads and have picked up lots of appliances and taken them straight to the scrap yard. for a full size fridge I usually get between $23 and $30, so it's some quick gas money for the truck. (it's very convenient that there is a gas station on the corner right next to the scrap yard here!)

anyway, yeah, my business model is to get a few lockers at a time, fill my garage, sort through the stuff and sell it off as quick as possible. I have the benefit of living in FL where we have yard sales all year. The big stuff gets listed on craigslit, collectibles and small stuff gets listed on ebay, general items get put out at a yardsale, and I watch what people look at. If there's stuff at the yard sale that no one looks and it gets no attention, then that's the stuff I dump for free. if it's relatively good stuff that I think someone could use, then it goes to Goodwill (for a receipt for tax deductions!) and stuff that's a little more worn gets advertised on freecycle. Never had a problem getting someone to take away a load of yardsale leftovers on freecycle...it goes real quick when you put that ad up.
I did keep 3 plastic totes of stuff that I thought was worth saving for another yard sale. For example, one of the units I got last week had a lot of christmas stuff. some was junk to me...tangled lights etc. but there was some really nice stuff, some stuff that was new in box, and more collectible type stuff. I packed one tote full of good stuff to keep for a yardsale in november when it will sell better. there was some smaller stuff that didn't sell at the yardsale (some glass figurines, etc) that I will try listing on ebay.
Another key part of the business plan is dumpster rentals. There is always a lot of trash, and where I live there is a limit on curb side trash collection, so a dumpster rental works well for me
always happy to talk storage auctions, scrapping, whatever...going from doing this as a hobby to full time so I can keep my schedule open to take care of my dad as he needs more and more doctor visits and help at home.[/QUOTE]

Some great insight here; and I have a tip for you to help boost your copper accumulation. Check older tvs that have been curbed; the yokes at the back of the picture tubes contain a substantial amount of copper. My pop used to run a radio and tv repair business so he was always stripping cords and yokes for the eventual scrap run.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Some great insight here; and I have a tip for you to help boost your copper accumulation. Check older tvs that have been curbed; the yokes at the back of the picture tubes contain a substantial amount of copper. My pop used to run a radio and tv repair business so he was always stripping cords and yokes for the eventual scrap run.[/QUOTE]

Also be aware that old tvs still have an electrical charge in them, so they can turn on for their next use. Don't want anyone getting zapped! ;)

[quote name='baz8771']When it comes to selling, how would you recommend doing it? Just like you said put them for a set price up on amazon and let them sit even if they dont sell?[/QUOTE]

That's the beauty of Amazon because there are no fees until an items sells, it is best to set your price and give it time. A lot of times having a good product description is very valuable. I've sold some classic PC games at well over the lowest price by taking some time and giving details on the content.

[quote name='baz8771']awesome, thanks for the advice. I threw the GB up on ebay as a lot starting for 25, hope to gather some interest in it.

When it comes to selling, how would you recommend doing it? Just like you said put them for a set price up on amazon and let them sit even if they dont sell?[/QUOTE]

You've got the idea pretty much. You flip one or two items to get your money back and let the good stuff incubate like an egg with a hen on top. On most mario and zelda games the price fluctuates, and if the sales ranking is good (a low number is better) there's more chance of a buyer going up the list to snag your product. On Amazon especially you get a little bit of an edge if you have a detailed description and the sellers below you less positive feedback than you do.

What happens sometimes is that buyers will snag up all the great condition items from trusted sellers, leaving the flakey listings behind and that's when they'll jump up to meet you and you'll get the sale. Ah, here's one more thing--check the price of the game at Gamestop's website. As long as you're equal to or a little less than what they charge, it's possible to make the sale in the long term (notice how they sell Super Mario Advance for $20, so pricing $12-15 + shipping isn't super crazy--you just have to wait until demand outpaces supply).

Yea, old CRT tvs and monitors have pretty big capacitors. Even if you discharge it, and leave them around for a long time, they'll charge back up.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']On most mario and zelda games the price fluctuates . . .[/QUOTE]

Prices fluctuate quite a bit. When you see a price on Amazon, that is rarely going to be a stable price.

Obviously, supply and demand make a huge difference. In terms of supply, it's almost funny to watch player's guides take a huge drop just after they are pennied out . . . only to climb again later . . . and occasionally the climb is large. I've seen some sell for under $5 and months (or years) later be in the $50 range. I wish I knew with certainty which ones would spike :)

In terms of demand, a major release in a franchise will create interest in past installments and raise the price--sometimes significantly.

The other big demand boost comes with the holiday shopping season. So, there are a ton of sub-$10 Mario World SNES copies on Amazon right now (down to $7.50). But I'd be willing to bet that it will be over $10 in early Dec. Then it depends are on whether or not you are willing to wait months to make an extra couple of dollars.

That post makes me want to start selling scrap metal. I don't have a truck or a place to store the stuff in though. I guess I could put it all in the car port but it might get stolen.

Last weekend gaming items:

Thursday, only a few sales. Asked about games and a woman mentioned an N64 with a few games . . . which games, "Zelda and a few others." I went across the street and came back and she brought out:

She said someone on CL was gonna give her $30 . . . so I said how about $15? I managed to hold her down to $20. Nice enough but why not a few better games to go along with Zelda?

She gave me the basket:

I didn't notice the manual until later.

These were marked $4 each but I talked them into $10 for the group:

All complete but the discs are so-so with many light scratches.

I'm pretty sure this was my only other Friday pickup:

Marked $5 and I shot for $3 but the old lady was all about how it was someone elses and she couldn't go below $4 . . . maybe she could call them. Screw it . . . $4 is fine.

Marked a total of $10 but I paid $8 for this early on Sat. morning:

I probably couldn've gone more like $6 and left the Nerf crap behind (all the access were in a bag marked $4) but I was trying to move quickly in this subdivision. I did get a DVD (worth about $7) thrown in on the deal.

5 min. later I see a few GB games in a bin marked .50 each . . . under the Ms. Pac were the Pokemons! Then I spotted the systems (marked $4, 3 and 3)--all work great and have battery covers!

Would've been $14.50 total but she took $10 . . . hell she was so nice I probably could've gotten the works for $5.

Picked up these for a buck each:

Nostalgia on my part, I guess. Would love to see one of the Duke Nuke em collections.

This was 10am at an apt. complex sale:

Kid wanted $5 each (I left behind low value commons) but I got the pair for $7.

Losing steam, i did find a bunch of PS2 games. I swear I could buy a copy of Vice City every week:

I picked this up for $2. Minty and complete.

This was my last sale on Sat. (about 11 am). I kept seeing signs for this sale but wasn't near enough to target it. But I zeroed in on the end.

This guy was cool and had a bunch of current PS3 games . . . but all pretty high in price and not complete. He had Dragon Age II marked for $32. I picked the three with manuals . . . marked $48 total and I offer $30 (I'm thinking that incomplete--$10 each). He counters $35 and we keep talking and I keep working on him and finally get him to $33. He doesn't have $7 on him and before he can get a few singles from someone else at the sale, I suggest he throw in the disc-only MK and make it an even $40. He hesitates but his GF seems happy for rent money and he accepts.

By his suggestion, he takes my phone number and says he'll call me when he gets the cases (they're in Chicago--2 hours away) and show me some 360 games later. Would be nice but I bet I'll never hear from him.

Later, I realize that I should have promised a few bucks (say $4 or $5) if he gets me the artwork for the games . . . DOH! I think that would be enough motivation.

So my neighbor had a yard sale this weekend and they have leftovers they are willing to sell to me. 4 things that stood out were sealed toys from the 80s. Three Wheeled Warriors (2 Armed Force and 1 Drill Sergeant) and then 1 Legions of Power (Star Legion Commander I believe?). Were these worth a total of $12?

[quote name='jaydepps']So my neighbor had a yard sale this weekend and they have leftovers they are willing to sell to me. 4 things that stood out were sealed toys from the 80s. Three Wheeled Warriors (2 Armed Force and 1 Drill Sergeant) and then 1 Legions of Power (Star Legion Commander I believe?). Were these worth a total of $12?[/QUOTE]

I'll buy the wheeled warrior toys from you for $12 =P

Sealed Wheeled Warriors? fuck yeah! I had both of those when I was a kid, might still have them packed away somewhere. I had lots of fun with those. The Armed Force was probably the most popular so you might be able to get a nice price for those.

[quote name='jaydepps']So my neighbor had a yard sale this weekend and they have leftovers they are willing to sell to me. 4 things that stood out were sealed toys from the 80s. Three Wheeled Warriors (2 Armed Force and 1 Drill Sergeant) and then 1 Legions of Power (Star Legion Commander I believe?). Were these worth a total of $12?[/QUOTE]

They are worth it. I got some of their parts a week or two ago. Even if they are opened they are worth it.

Nice score, schultzed.

So there's going to be a "NAME YOUR PRICE GARAGE SALE", that's advertising unbuilt plastic models (WW II aviation) and aviation related magazines & books . Anyone know about these type of models if they're flippable and if so anything I should keep an eye out for?

[quote name='DeadStranger']Nice score, schultzed.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. My kids were getting into Portal 2 right away. My daughter (9) was home sick today and spent half of it playing Heavy Rain.

2ngtwf9.jpg

Yard sale finds from Saturday:
Nerf N-Strike Wii Sealed + PS2 Network Adapter Sealed - $5
Game Party - $2 w/ 2 text books.
Sonic Adventure - $1 (its the NFRS version with the sonic 2 demo.)
Batman Arkham Asylum no manual - $5
Mad TV Season 1, Transformers Movie, Crash Bandicoot 2 - $3
Twisted Metal 3 and 4 - $1
NCAA Basketball 10 Sealed - $10
all the GBA and DS games were $40 total
the pokedex thing was $3 w/ some mr potatoe head toys

nxs1ox.jpg

thrift/pawn finds today:
Syberia I & 2 + Arcanum were $3 each
Worms and Crash Bandicoot were $2.98 each. I saw them weeks ago at the same thrift for $9.98 each, I guess they mark them down.
Fluxx - $0.49
Adventures of Lolo w/ case - $2
Mario Party 6 & Double Dash no manual - $7 each

OK, so I ended up going out on Saturday to a different area. Two sales were advertising comic books, one was starting Saturday one had been going since Thursday.

I went to the one that started on Sat and it turns out I know the guy running it. I left his sale ASAP and headed to the other one.

The guy buys storage lockers and goes to other auctions (though we have never crossed paths) and he had about 3000 comics in Rubbermaid bins.

They were marked $1 each, but since it was the last day he said .50 each. I immediately noticed most of them were bronze age and copper age books, so I started pulling stacks of books.

He estimated I had 200 books (I haven't counted, but I think it is more like 300-350) and told me to make an offer. I said $30 and he said $30 is too low, I will take $60. how about $40? I would be comfortable at $50. I said that sounds fair.

I could have countered with $45, but I wanted to stay on good terms since he said he will call me if he gets more comics.

e845f274.jpg

efd53d6b.jpg

410f4f25.jpg

ad007d4c.jpg

6cd6abe0.jpg

55550c57.jpg

807e4f26.jpg

c9dc5eca.jpg

Highlights are a full 40 issue run of Justice League, full run of Brave and the Bold, a nice run of GI Joe starting at issue 5, including a first print of the silent issue 21, wolverine mini 2-4, punisher mini 1-5, death of earth 2 batman, green lantern corps 1-3 (1st neckron), 1st deathstroke , etc.

I would estimate the lot to be worth $600 actual (selling) value. Book value is about $1,400 in their current condition.

After I put the books in my car (and chugged a bottle of water. It was hot as balls, like 93 degrees and humid), I went back to look at his other stuff.

I ended up paying $5 for everything in the spoiler.

Original Death Star elevator and Atari XE light gun

58ec0b3c.jpg

Promo copy of Cowboy 5'll getcha ten and Rolling Stones Some Girls.

The promo record is probably worth about $75-$100 since it is a white label Capricorn release.
626028c1.jpg

The crumb book is worth about $35 on amazon.

952716bd.jpg

I hit 3 sales on the way home and got these:

$10 NES with games and a case I have not seen before.
03734fc0.jpg

71d955bd.jpg

VHS tapes paid $5 for a stack. Here are the highlights. The F-15 one is listed on amazon for $25 or so.

73ad8526.jpg

This was the last sale I hit. I ran into a new scanner. He announced to the person running the sale that he is going to be scanning items to resell online to support his mother's ailing health. He started on the CDs and I pulled a coule and grabbed these books before he could get to them. I think I did allright.

Paid $4 for everything. The Free CD is worth $5 or so on amazon and the one MAD book pulls closer to $20.

f3eec0c6.jpg

6bf322aa.jpg

Hey Slow, do you know any good source for pricing underground comics? For the life of me I can't find anything on Flakey Floont, Slow Death, and Big Ass comics in the Overstreet price guide.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Hey Slow, do you know any good source for pricing underground comics? For the life of me I can't find anything on Flakey Floont, Slow Death, and Big Ass comics in the Overstreet price guide.[/QUOTE]

I usually check ebay as a gauge (if possible).

Comic Buyer's Guide lists more underground books, but they are really low on value so I wouldn't recommend it.

Most people if they have one, use this but they are very difficult to find.

This one came out this year, but I haven't checked it out yet and it is a supplement, so it will not be a complete guide.

Possibly NSFW: This one is probably the most affordable bet, but I haven't paged through it.

Here is their website just for reference: Possibly NSFW : http://www.hippycomix.com/home.html

[quote name='littledude702']Where do you guys go to find out where the garage sales are? Newspapers, websites?[/QUOTE]

local paper classifieds and craigslist if where most of us find them.

[quote name='slowdive21']I usually check ebay as a gauge (if possible).

Comic Buyer's Guide lists more underground books, but they are really low on value so I wouldn't recommend it.

Most people if they have one, use this but they are very difficult to find.

This one came out this year, but I haven't checked it out yet and it is a supplement, so it will not be a complete guide.

Possibly NSFW: This one is probably the most affordable bet, but I haven't paged through it.

Here is their website just for reference: Possibly NSFW : http://www.hippycomix.com/home.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips; I kinda feel like a dummy when it comes to the more mainstream super hero stuff like that JLA stuff you have there, but the oddball comics seem like something i could specialize in.

Btw, if you ever see any Cherry Poptart comics, pick them up; not long ago I saw a dozen go for around $180 on the bay.

Slowdive . . . nice comic book find. I got another call on Friday from my Motown collector and picked up another 85 CDs. I have over 400 from this guy and have sold 35 so far to bring in over $500 . . . so, I'm at a break even point now :)

Some non-gaming recent sales on Amazon.

This was marked $5 at sale, so I got it for $2.50. Was tempted to keep this as a reference, but I don't see enough collectible toys for it to matter.

I did read through it and then sold it for $45 :)

This wasn't a big sale ($8) but if you see DVDs like this . . .

or BBC/PBS logos . . . these classier releases are often more valuable than commons.

Box sets of even low-value common books are good sellers--people pay a little more but save on shipping:

At this sale there were a bunch of kids books for free. They were all worth a penny on Amazon so I quickly grabbed a few that I thought my daughter would like and this set which I sold for $15.

schultzed What is the minimum amazon value that makes you buy an item? If there a cut off where it isn't price effective to buy? I see some of these guys buying stuff that only sells for $2-$3 on amazon.

[quote name='slowdive21']schultzed What is the minimum amazon value that makes you buy an item? If there a cut off where it isn't price effective to buy? I see some of these guys buying stuff that only sells for $2-$3 on amazon.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about sellers who do things in volume but for me the minimum list value is around $7-8 bucks, that will allow me to clear $4-5 per item. Anything less than that and it's better to look for trade-in values (either Amazon or wherehouse.com) where they'll pay for the shipping.

Your other option is to build a set and take it over to ebay--I'll probably do this with my Rosario Vampire manga since it only lists for $2-3 each on Amazon. Completed sets are powerful when it comes to anime, I know for DVDs people will pay a bit more for the complete set (even without the outer box, even if they can pick up individual volumes more cheaply, etc.) On Rosario I wouldn't make jack on Amazon, but as a set people would think "this would cost me $5.99 each at the bookstore" and then boom, $30 for the set (1-10) doesn't seem unreasonable.

On Amazon I think people end up with a lot of parts and pieces that they just want to get rid of, so every Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Vol. 7 DVD is going to be dumped in favor of picking up a boxset, even if that boxset contains the same exact DVD that got dumped!

I had a garage sale (hosted) and my mom's friend actually brought her stuff to add (tons of NGC games, PS2 games, PS2, Sega Game Gear and Gamecube) for sale. I went through it all and asked, how much to take it off your hands.

She asked for $50 and I was like no problem! My god, I hit the gold mine! Going to keep the rare stuff and sell the dupes!

[quote name='slowdive21']schultzed What is the minimum amazon value that makes you buy an item? If there a cut off where it isn't price effective to buy? I see some of these guys buying stuff that only sells for $2-$3 on amazon.[/QUOTE]

I've been at $6 ($5.99) but then I have to be able to get the item for $1 or less. It slopes up from there . . . I'd pay $2 for an item that sells at $7 . . .

If I already have the item on hand, then my listing limit is $4. It just isn't worth it below that (for storage, packing, possibility of a return). I'm a pro-merchant (for $40/month) so I save $1 per transaction on closing costs vs. someone who isn't a PM.

I generally want to make at least $4 on a transaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great finds at the thrift today (See thrift store thread for full run down, but wanted to share my 2 favorite things here with the yardsale crowd)

IMG_1863.jpg

Daggerfall, sealed! for $2.99

IMG_1857.jpg

AD&D miniatures...the dungeons and dragons I grew up playing, so a bit of a notalgia buy. They were $24.99 per box, seemed a little high, but couldn't leave 'em there.

Wow, I haven't checked in here for awhile.

Probably because I get jealous at all the scores people find all the time :)

The best I did this weekend was Finding Nemo for PS2 for $1 - at least my son was excited about it.

Wow, I've gotta hit the garage sales more often. Some good hauls.

I missed a great haul at my Uncle's town garage sale with a buttload of PS1 games in a huge box, but I didn't have cash on me at the moment.

Missed a SNES by a "few minutes" today. I know my Nemesis (the guy who wronged me in the past) is the one who got it because we crossed paths minutes later. I didn't buy much, but I did get some good toys today!

Do you guys run across a lot of games for the "Leapster" handheld system while you are out? I wnt to pick up some of the games for my 3 year old but the $24.99 price per game is killing me.

[quote name='ajh2298']Do you guys run across a lot of games for the "Leapster" handheld system while you are out? I wnt to pick up some of the games for my 3 year old but the $24.99 price per game is killing me.[/QUOTE]

Occasionally, but they're usually just the cart, or part of a bundle.

[quote name='ajh2298']Do you guys run across a lot of games for the "Leapster" handheld system while you are out? I wnt to pick up some of the games for my 3 year old but the $24.99 price per game is killing me.[/QUOTE]

I see leapster stuff a lot. Often a 4 or 5 games with a system for $10 - 20. For the record, some of it is still very flippable, especially games with licensed characters.

I see the Leapster stuff every few months, usually bundled with a system. Flippable because they're usually $10-20 and you can sell the system for $15 and the games for $5-20 each.

BBuy and Target clearance them ... keep an eye out at these stores also...

I'll watch for them at garage sales and try and find you some...

Went out today to only a couple sales.

First stop I didnt find much except some awesome low price furniture that wouldnt fit in my car.

Second stop I found 2 train sets. I wish I had taken pictures - the lady wanted $10 a piece. The boxes made them look very old, but the actual trains were very very good looking. She said she would be set up tomorrow, and it was an unadvertised, very out-of-the-way sale, so Im not worried about them being snatched up.

One of them was a regular train set with 3 cars and a set of tracks. The other was a "limited edition" christmas train set with more cars and tracks. I figured I would pick them up tomorrow if you guys think its a good idea. I hit up ebay and couldnt find the exact sets from memory.

The only names on the sets I can remember were "Classic Rail", and "Holiday Time Express"

Third sale I hit up had a ton of spare PC parts/cables. She had a red Nintendo 64, ps1, and xbox, but couldnt find the games. Hopefully she'll call me when she finds them..

Edit: After some amazon searching I think I found the holiday themed set; I remember the car with the two elves on a see-saw.
http://www.amazon.com/Holiday-Expre...QGWA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307723091&sr=8-1

Found someone selling a lot of miscellaneous controllers and wires, and a Monteverdi TV Sports 825 complete in the box. She wanted $80, so I told her I would come back at the end of her sale to see if it was still available.

Didn't really find much else, it started to rain and people were closing up, thanks Seattle.

Went back out after I had lunch with some friends. Found a mint NES, CIB, with 63 games(mostly common/uncommon)/manuals, CIB NES power pad, all the different NES controllers, and an additional minty NES system.

He wanted 200 for it. He said someone had offered 150 earlier and if I wanted it I needed to offer more. I passed

I see the Leapfrog stuff all the time but in my opinion it isn't flippable unless you have a huge bundle and people over here want over $50 for that. One leap frog item and a book or cartridge isn't gonna sell. What I see here a lot is the V-Smile system, seriously one at almost every yard sale I go to. Problem is they usually cost $30 and up and they only go for $20 or less on ebay. Not gonna get any profit out of that. If you want any of this stuff for your kids it might be a good value, but they will outgrow it quickly and you will be stuck with it if you pay full price.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Went back out after I had lunch with some friends. Found a mint NES, CIB, with 63 games(mostly common/uncommon)/manuals, CIB NES power pad, all the different NES controllers, and an additional minty NES system.

He wanted 200 for it. He said someone had offered 150 earlier and if I wanted it I needed to offer more. I passed[/QUOTE]

That's a tricky call there, most of the time I get NES lots for $1 a game (good thing too, because the consoles always die and I gotta look to recover my losses) though a CIB NES console might be worth a good chunk of change to the right collector ($70-80). Just the same I could see why you walked away; I hate that crap where they try to play you against a silent bidder.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']That's a tricky call there, most of the time I get NES lots for $1 a game (good thing too, because the consoles always die and I gotta look to recover my losses) though a CIB NES console might be worth a good chunk of change to the right collector ($70-80). Just the same I could see why you walked away; I hate that crap where they try to play you against a silent bidder.[/QUOTE]

I really hate the "the store will give me $XXX."

[quote name='DeadStranger']I really hate the "the store will give me $XXX."[/QUOTE]

I wish it were that easy; there's lots of stuff where you can pay GS base trade-in value and still do quite well on. :)

slowdive21: Good call trading that one in; usually I only clear around $20 on selling a $27 item. No sense sitting on it and waiting for a fulfillment-by-Amazon-butthead to undercut you.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Some of you are idiots. ajh asked about buying some Leapfrog games for his kid, and most of the responses are about whether or not they're flippable.[/QUOTE]

I am well aware what ajh asked. I mentioned that you can indeed find leapster items at yard sales. To make my post more worthwhile to other people, I mentioned that they are sometimes worthy flips.

[quote name='slowdive21']
Schultzed what do you think with this one? (just in case you have some information that I do not see) ;)[/QUOTE]

I think the trade-in is a good idea. Maybe Amazon's price is a temp discount and the price will bounce back up later but I doubt you will make much more on it. Most likely the trade-in value is based on the book's previous value . . . so hop on it.

I had a good day today with some game finds. I'll get to them later.

I sold off a toy that I picked up a few weeks ago (when I got Robo Sapien).

This was marked $15 at the sale but I got it for $10 (or was it $12?).

It sold for $140 but I think I screwed up in a few ways. 1) it might be worth more when Trans 3 comes our or near the holidays. 2) I enabled Expedited shipping on it . . . so the buyer paid $10 but I paid $30 to ship. By weight it would have been $15 but the package size pushed it up. If I had left standard shipping, I could've shipped via Parcel Post for $11 (collecting $6 for shipping Standard delivery).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back