Official 2011 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Dark Rider']Nice, I am totally using that slowdive.

Do you guys have much success at church sales? There are a few going on Saturday, and I was wondering if they are worth it? Or if I should stick to normal sales.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes. I think the bag day is fun, but if you want anything good, you should get there the first day.

[quote name='Doomstink']The two I've sold most recently were for $40 each and I believe I sold those about a year ago. The other copy I sold went for $60 to an international buyer who needed it for a research paper. I believe that was in the fall of 2009.[/QUOTE]

+1 ^^^I believe they are used as a college text still.

[quote name='Mr Snarp Snarps']Guess I should have checked Amazon to... sorry for wasting your time. I'm surprised they arn't going for more.[/QUOTE]

No waste . . . it's always fun to look stuff up. I've been selling books for over 5 years and I'm often surprised at which books have value and which ones don't.

Post 1
Post 2

[quote name='schultzed']Hey, Slowdive what was your find last week???[/QUOTE]

OK I can't keep a secret. I will post the rest tomorrow, but this was my "find".

I got to a sale early because the ad said "Xbox". I looked around and didn't see it. The lady pulls this out and says "It is getting the flashing rings, but if you put a fan on it it will work for a while. We have already sent it in. You can just take it!"

FREE RROD xbox 360 with power cord and Hard Drive. (No A/V, so I can't test it)

bf077944.jpg

949a02e4.jpg

So how do I check the warranty if they have already sent it in and I do not have their names? M$ will transfer the warranty right?

:bouncy:

Slow . . . nice pickup.

Here are some extra DVD finds:

If I had been looking for this set, no way I'd find it--so to find 2 in one day?!

$20 and $25

This sale had a shitload of DVDs (one MASH set which she came down to $25) and I immediately grabbed these . . . all are sealed:

I was so excited that she only wanted $10 each that I didn't negotiate . . . I probably could've gotten her to come down some. I ended up finding a few others but not as many as I hoped--most of the other DVDs were low in value.

These 2 are recent sales:

This set was missing its slipcase, so I couldn't check value:

I got it for $3. :)

I picked this up a thrift (with 3 others like it counting, mother goose):

Flippers, keep an eye out for these.

I posted this and the story in the Thrift thread, but I'll include it here too:

$7.50

Well I had a pleasant surprise today after a lot of trouble in the morning!

I was heading home from getting shipping supplies and visiting my friends when I spotted a sale in their neighborhood. Thursday sales are unusual around here so I decided to stop by. Worth it:cool:

1001249e.jpg

It was a little Hispanic lady having her own sale. I immediately saw the gameboy games near a stack of clothes and slowly walked over(I was the only one there). I asked her how much she wanted and she said 10 a piece. A little steep, so I asked her if she would throw anything else in with the deal. She went inside a brought the gamecube games out. She said they were the only ones her grandson didnt like(didnt like a mario game?).

So, $20 for the 4 games. The gamecube ones are sticker ridden and neither have manuals. Sunshine's disc looks terrible, but it plays fine.

The dragon warrior games are all gravy though. DW3 has damage on the top of the box but thats it.

Edit: Oh yeah, the blank cartridge was inside DW3. Its Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on the 360.
It is out of warranty. She kept telling me I could use a hdmi cable on it, but I don't see where one would fit. I guess it will just gather dust for now, until I can find a cable (especially since there is no warranty urgency to get it sent in).

Post 1
Post 2
Post 2 1/2

Here are the last of my finds for last weekend.

N64 game lot, case, pokemon black and blue, etc. Wanted $22 Paid $17 total. I bought the sports games just so I can dump my consoles with a game or two in the future. Controller is tight and like new, I left one that was loose. The model is sealed.

ff9b64f7.jpg

f13c808e.jpg

dc784f24.jpg

2acce91e.jpg

This was my best paid find of the week.

I saw a new sign at the corner of my street when I was heading back out on one of the days. As I pulled up to the sale I saw a person carrying a box full of electronics to their car. Thinking I had just missed a deal I took a quick look at the remaining electronics and noticed NFL Club 98 sitting in the bottom of a box. I asked the lady running the sale (a MILF BTW ;)) if she had any other video games. She said, I have the system for that game it is in another box and she pulls out a box from inside. In the bottom of the box is the NES. I checked everything over and asked about controllers or any games and she said that was all she had. I said, I would still be interested in it, but that is a different system, than the one the game goes to. I then explained a N64 to her and she says "We had one of those!" She then turned to her daughter (who was also very cute, but too young for me) if she knew where the n64 was located. I waited for the daughter to come back with the system and talked to the mom for a while.

This doesn't add anything to the story, but I must have a guilty conscience. The mom had big boobs and a see through shirt on without a bra...I tried not to look, but I lost that battle. :oops: :whistle2:$

SO the daughter comes out with the games. She said they couldn't find the system. After talking for a while a voice from inside the house says the NES doesn't have games because his friend gave it to him.

I have everything in a box and ask how much? The mom says "Well that one is missing the controllers and you don't have a the system for those games, so how does $5 sound?"

I act like I am thinking about it and I agree that $5 sounds fair. :)

The mom is still regretful they could not find the n64, so she asks for my number and offers to call me if they find it. I haven't gotten a call yet...Either they didn't find it or she saw me peeking. :p

Paid $5 total

b279837a.jpg

137e6152.jpg

[quote name='slowdive21']

This doesn't add anything to the story, but I must have a guilty conscience. The mom had big boobs and a see through shirt on without a bra...I tried not to look, but I lost that battle. :oops: :whistle2:$[/QUOTE]

LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

@ Slowdive

You could try just fixing the RROD yourself on that xbox. All you should need is a 8 and 10 bit torx wrench, a small flathead screwdriver and the washers/screws and thermal paste to make the repair. Would probably cost you around $15-$20 to do it and a few hours to learn the process. Worth a shot at least since it was free.

[quote name='slowdive21']
The mom had big boobs and a see through shirt on without a bra...I tried not to look, but I lost that battle. :oops: :whistle2:$
[/QUOTE]

No reason to feel guilty, she wanted you to look. As a matter of fact, she wanted everybody to look. Therefore I propose that next time you take a picture and post it here so that she gets what she wants. :shock:

She may protest at first and threaten to call the cops but this is just her way of being coy. Just snap the picture, run to your car and speed away. She knows this is part of the game and after posting the pics she will thank you for doing a good job.

Found a black label copy of Brave Fencer Musashi last weekend... that was about it. Went to a huge block sale and a guy wanted 30 bucks for a N64 with 4 games and 2 controllers. I bought a bottle of water from his daughter hoping he would deal with me after that... he didn't. He wouldn't move and played the eBay card. I don't understand why people do that shit. List it on eBay if that's where you want to price it!

Got an n64 with 2 controllers all cords with Super Smash, Southpark, and some hockey game for $4.

Got a Gamecube with 2 controllers, 1 wavebird, about 25 games (including Zelda Windwaker, Ocarina, Mario Kart, lotsa sports crap) for $40. I knew the guy and he works with my father-in-law, I didn't want to offend him with a low offer - although I only had $15 in my wallet and told him I'd have to go get cash, hoping he'd just take the $15 - he didn't bite.

Wife picked up SW KOTOR for xbox for $1.

Hopefully more to come.

Pokemon Advanced Battle Vol. 6 (DVD)
Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew Collector's edition (DVD)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Official Training (DVD)
GTA: Vice City (PS2)

Videos and games were marked $3. Videos were also marked 4 for $10, PS2 games 2 for $5. Seller agreed to go $10 for all. Not a bad haul considering I went there around 1:30. They had Wii games for $5 but nothing interesting and had DS games advertised for $3 as well but it looks like someone bought them all up which isn't surprising in this area.

Usually I only like shelling out $1 for a DVD, but with Pokemon you're usually looking at $5 or more here for used.

Slowdive, I think we all need to go on Yard Sales with you....you know how they have take your son to work day....they should have take a fellow CAG to Yard Sales Day. (Awesome finds and MILFs to boot!)

[quote name='HYDFDEMON']@ Slowdive

You could try just fixing the RROD yourself on that xbox. All you should need is a 8 and 10 bit torx wrench, a small flathead screwdriver and the washers/screws and thermal paste to make the repair. Would probably cost you around $15-$20 to do it and a few hours to learn the process. Worth a shot at least since it was free.[/QUOTE]

I might try to fix it, but I might just dump it as a parts console on ebay. I watched part of a tutorial, but the xclamps or whatever seem hard to remove. I just figured out how to fix NESes, so I think it may be out of my league! :lol:

[quote name='Trullyn']
Got a Gamecube with 2 controllers, 1 wavebird, about 25 games (including Zelda Windwaker, Ocarina, Mario Kart, lotsa sports crap) for $40. I knew the guy and he works with my father-in-law, I didn't want to offend him with a low offer - although I only had $15 in my wallet and told him I'd have to go get cash, hoping he'd just take the $15 - he didn't bite.
[/QUOTE]

That tactic rarely works, but it is worth a try! Still sounds like a great lot!

[quote name='Rollobobo']Slowdive, I think we all need to go on Yard Sales with you....you know how they have take your son to work day....they should have take a fellow CAG to Yard Sales Day. (Awesome finds and MILFs to boot!)[/QUOTE]

I know you were joking, but I would take a CAG with me if they wanted to see how I approach sales.

Heck, If you guys buy me a set of glasses with a camera in them you can see what I see! ;)

[quote name='slowdive21']I might try to fix it, but I might just dump it as a parts console on ebay. I watched part of a tutorial, but the xclamps or whatever seem hard to remove. I just figured out how to fix NESes, so I think it may be out of my league! :lol:

That tactic rarely works, but it is worth a try! Still sounds like a great lot!

I know you were joking, but I would take a CAG with me if they wanted to see how I approach sales.

Heck, If you guys buy me a set of glasses with a camera in them you can see what I see! ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL, I live in Illinois...Chi-Town suburbs....are you close?!? :D

Just went to one sale today because I was out this morning and got back at around 11. They had a few games, but all overpriced, and 360 Elite which they were asking 135 on. I passed. I did get:

Friends Season 1 sealed
Toy Story 2 DVD

Total: $6

They were asking $10 on Friends and $2 on the DVD. I CIF'ed $5 for both, which was counter offered with $7, and then $6 was accepted. I thought a sealed box set would be worth more :/ and the reason I picked up Toy Story is because I've decided to start picking up all Disney DVDs (NOT vhs tapes; I learned the hard way that those are worth crap). Can't wait to see everyone else's finds :D

My day was decent. Good items, but prices weren't phenomenal, they were fair, though.

First up:
:ps2:Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII - 5$ (Complete in mint condition)
scaled.php

Next:
Fat Playstation 2, with 2 controllers and a memory card - $12
scaled.php

Last, and my personal favorite:
1st Edition Sega Genesis, Complete in Box! -$15
scaled.php

Good deals? What do you guys think?

I scored a crap load of stuff today. One of the highlights was Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii for $5 off of this little kid. He said he never plays with his Nintendo so I can have it, lol. As I was leaving the kids mom took the money I gave him and said "Your money is my money since I paid for it in the first place" smh

Not much today.

I saw a guy scanning a stack of psx games with his phone and setting some aside. I've seen him before so I think he competition. He may work at the mom and pop video game store it town as well

Anyways I looked at the games left in the stack he hadn't scanned. I cherry picked re2 black label and silent hill for $3 and left. Went to another sale and snagged KOTR for $3

Didn't have the greatest day today, full of more terrible drivers and moronic ebay sellers than usual (some clown tried to sell me a shabby-looking Coleco Telstar for $100 - "I'm an ebay powerseller ya know") but I got some ok stuff. Phone camera pics today, sorry.

IMAGE_044.jpg

2 purple :gc: controllers - $2
They're clean and work fine, and I can probably use 'em.

TI-83 calculator - $5
Finally found one of these for cheap. It has a name scratched in on the back, it but it works.

IMAGE_042.jpg

:xbox: Jurassic Park Operation Genesis CIB
:xbox: Otogi 2 (no manual)
PS1 Resident Evil DX w/ RE2 demo CIB
PS1 Vandal Hearts CIB

$4 each. I was excited to find some good games by the time I got to this sale, but unfortunately the discs are in pretty lousy condition. I passed on a Parasite Eve with no manual and no disc 3 (you wouldn't believe the cock and bull story this lady tried to feed me when I pointed out the missing disc) along with a ton of other games in equally crap condition.

IMAGE_043.jpg

Old big-box PC games.
Gothic (no manuals, way newer than the other 2)
Oregon Trail (original version? complete with 2 5.25" floppies and one 3.5")
Sierra Award Winners bundle (King's Quest V, Red Baron, Rise of the Dragon) All on 3.5" floppies. Complete.
$5 for all

I think I did okay....

Photo0053.jpg

Photo0054.jpg

Photo0055.jpg

Photo0056.jpg

Photo0057.jpg

Photo0058-1.jpg

Photo0059.jpg

First time posting photos - sorry for the poor formatting/quality - camera phone. Not pictured is Animal Crossing for the Gamecube, and Star Wars Force Unleashed II for the DS (Disc/cartidge only)

Hard to see games are Digimon World 2 (2 of them) and Digimon for PS1, and even imported versions of FFX and FFX-2.

Forgot the price! It was $30 for everything.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I'm kinda wondering if I slipped on my the genesis, you guys think it was a good buy at 15?[/QUOTE]

If its for your personal collection, you did great. If you bought it to flip, you just did ok.

[quote name='Ash Burton']If its for your personal collection, you did great. If you bought it to flip, you just did ok.[/QUOTE]

Well, honestly I wanted to flip it. I want a genesis, but I'd prefer a newer model. I'm not much into buying systems just to have them. Well, hopefully a more dedicated collector would be interested in it.

I'd be more interested in keeping it if I had space to display it, but it's a pretty large box.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I passed on a Parasite Eve with no manual and no disc 3 (you wouldn't believe the cock and bull story this lady tried to feed me when I pointed out the missing disc) along with a ton of other games in equally crap condition.[/QUOTE]

The third disc is just the demo disk, and I have an extra one that I can't seem to get rid of.

[quote name='Rollobobo']LOL, I live in Illinois...Chi-Town suburbs....are you close?!? :D[/QUOTE]

Shoot me a PM with your location, I'll let you know. :)

[quote name='AugustAPC']My day was decent. Good items, but prices weren't phenomenal, they were fair, though.

First up:
:ps2:Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII - 5$ (Complete in mint condition)
scaled.php

Next:
Fat Playstation 2, with 2 controllers and a memory card - $12
scaled.php

Last, and my personal favorite:
1st Edition Sega Genesis, Complete in Box! -$15
scaled.php

Good deals? What do you guys think?
[/QUOTE]

I would be really happy with a nice boxed Genesis like that. If everything is in nice shape I would keep it. If they system isn't the best keep everything but the system until you find a minty one.

[quote name='Trullyn']I think I did okay....
Photo0053.jpg

Photo0054.jpg

Photo0055.jpg

Photo0056.jpg

Photo0057.jpg

Photo0058-1.jpg

Photo0059.jpg

First time posting photos - sorry for the poor formatting/quality - camera phone. Not pictured is Animal Crossing for the Gamecube, and Star Wars Force Unleashed II for the DS (Disc/cartidge only)

Hard to see games are Digimon World 2 (2 of them) and Digimon for PS1, and even imported versions of FFX and FFX-2.

Forgot the price! It was $30 for everything.
[/QUOTE]

Yes. I like this very much. :drool:

[quote name='AugustAPC']I'm kinda wondering if I slipped on my the genesis, you guys think it was a good buy at 15?[/QUOTE]

If you bought it to flip, you paid too much. I sold one a few months ago, exact same model, exact same box, and about 10 or so halfway decent games, and barely got $10 for it on eBay. Genesis stuff has almost zero valued compared to Nintendo, it's not as beloved, and is too ubiquitous.

Didn't find much today. There are a definite lack of games in my area. Hopefully I can still make this interesting.

First sale I went to. The lady REALLY wanted to get rid of her books.

Star Trek: Prime Directive (HB) $0.10
5943534105_fbcda52008.jpg

Halo Evolutions (I have been looking for this for a while) $.25

5944088630_772fa21232.jpg

Medal Of Honor: Underground $1.00

5943533099_3b4f563313.jpg

You don't know jack book. $.25 (I am curios about this one, it's different from the one on amazon)

5943534623_ca4bec18cf.jpg

Havent been out in ages but finally got out today and didn't do too badly.

Jensen Speaker - Been looking to revamp my speakers in my Surround system cheaply and this fit the bill for my center speaker. Cost a whopping $.50.
DSC02054.jpg

Next I've started to collect vinyls on a small scale and this one sale had tons. At a dollar a piece I picked out a few of the classic rock bands I enjoy to have something to go along with my MP3.

Electric Light Orchestra - A New World Record
Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Styx - The Grand Illusion
Foreigner - Foreigner

DSC02056.jpg

I also have been looking for a cheap copy of Office and provided the key works I picked up Office 07 Home and Student for $.50
DSC02060.jpg

I've also been needing an N-Wireless router and did not expect to come across one at a yard sale. This one appeared to be brand new and only cost me $10 so I couldn't pass it up.

DSC02057.jpg

Finally I spotted these while driving by a small sale I didn't consider stopping at but did when I thought I cought a glimpse of a 2-disc Playstation game case. Sure enough I was right. Grabbed everything he had and made an offer of $10 and he took it.

DSC02061.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

Not a bad day overall. I think it's my first time getting out this year. Just been too buzy. Hoping to get out again Friday.

[quote name='dodgeme']

Next I've started to collect vinyls on a small scale and this one sale had tons. At a dollar a piece I picked out a few of the classic rock bands I enjoy to have something to go along with my MP3.

Electric Light Orchestra - A New World Record
Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Styx - The Grand Illusion
Foreigner - Foreigner

DSC02056.jpg

I also have been looking for a cheap copy of Office and provided the key works I picked up Office 07 Home and Student for $.50

[/QUOTE]

Excellent choices!

Forgot the price! It was $30 for everything.[/QUOTE]

Now I know where all the N64 games have gone when I buy systems here . . . they migrate to other CAGer's bundles.

So, pics are nice and giving a price is important . . . but what's the story? All at one stop where some mentally handicapped person was having a sale? A good friend of the family cut you a deal? Multiple great scores? What?

BTW, dodgeme it is so sweet when you find stuff that you are in the market for . . . nice pickups on the router and MS Office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an original Xbox for $2 with 2 3rd party controllers, no AV and no power cord. I have no idea if it works. I don't think the xbox has been taken apart before. But I convinced these ladies at a church rummage sale to give it to me for cheap since it didn't have cords. I do not have cords so I don't know when I will get around to testing this. Let me tell you this was the church rummage sale to end all, the place was just PACKED with stuff, there was so much stuff I didn't even get to all of it. Their prices were high on most things but I was able to get a low price on the Xbox since it wasn't marked with a price.

Project Gotham Racing 2 - Xbox - $2 - Game for me to test the xbox when I get around to it

RCA VCR - $3 down from $5, parents wanted a VCR and this was cheap for my area, most people want more than $10 for one.

Tiger pokedex - 25 cents

PS2 Hot Shots Tennis - $2

Doug VHS Xmas special - 50 cents

Oregon Trail 2 PC - 50 cents

Some Civil War PC game - 50 cents

Star Wars LucasArts PC game - 25 cents

Story:
I ran into a really strange house where they were selling things by weight. I have no idea why they were doing this but this is the first house I have seen ever in my life where they were selling things by weight. There was a kid there and he was dressed in a boy scouts uniform and he was unusually paranoid about his grandparents taking the money from him because he said they were robbing him. I bought a Speak & Read for 75 cents, it was supposed to be a dollar cause it was heavy but I got them to take 75 cents.

The PC games are for my friend who likes old Windows 95/DOS games.

[quote name='spmahn']If you bought it to flip, you paid too much. I sold one a few months ago, exact same model, exact same box, and about 10 or so halfway decent games, and barely got $10 for it on eBay. Genesis stuff has almost zero valued compared to Nintendo, it's not as beloved, and is too ubiquitous.[/QUOTE]

Looking on ebay now, I dont know why your sold yours for so low.

I spotted some console only listings for 20/25 without box.

Depends on how long you want to wait, imo

Photo0053.jpg

Photo0054.jpg

Photo0055.jpg

Photo0056.jpg

Photo0057.jpg

Photo0058-1.jpg

Photo0059.jpg

Forgot the price! It was $30 for everything.[/QUOTE]

Not gonna lie - I would $&#% my pants if I saw all that with a $30 price tag on it.

[quote name='yoyo1316'] a telescoping Darth Varder along with a telescoping Luke Skywalker.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I actually had the early-bird package. It really sucked at the time because for Xmas you actually got a certificate instead of figures. I can't really remember the toys that came in the mail but I do remember the telescoping feature on at least one of mine (Luke, Obi-Wan, Darth?). I remember the skinny tip breaking off . . . or did I cut it off?

And where are they now? Long, long, gone.

[quote name='schultzed']Now I know where all the N64 games have gone when I buy systems here . . . they migrate to other CAGer's bundles.

So, pics are nice and giving a price is important . . . but what's the story? All at one stop where some mentally handicapped person was having a sale? A good friend of the family cut you a deal? Multiple great scores? What?

BTW, dodgeme it is so sweet when you find stuff that you are in the market for . . . nice pickups on the router and MS Office.[/QUOTE]

Heh, here's the story! I only had an hour or so to hit up a couple sales listed on craigslist with games. It was raining so the couple I had mapped out were closed. I had some time to explore a little bit and found a little cul-de-sac sale. I noticed this couple had a bunch of boxed tv shows and several computers, and asked what they did with all their computer stuff. They said they are WOW addicts - so I asked if they had any other video games. They said they had a box inside that they weren't sure what to do with yet - they were thinking of taking it to Gamestop. I asked if I could take a look and he brings out everything I posted.

I look through it all while joking around with em, slip in that Gamestop doesn't take n64 games, and pull out all the games I want - I probably had about 30 games. The wife (Husband at this point isn't interested) says to make an offer, and I open my wallet to reveal I had $33 (Really was all I had, honest!). The wife suddenly blurts out, "You can have everything for $30." I was happy to take the box off her hands. While I'm packing it away, they find a couple odds and ends games and just throw em in.

I almost cried with joy when I got back to the car.

NDS Soft Case - 1
Radar Mission (GB) - 1
Ms Pac-Man (SNES) - 1
PS1 Controller & Mouse - 1
Sega Master System With Controller, AC Adaptor, 13 Games & Some Misc - 15

Ms Pac-Man was 1.50, took my offer of a buck. The PS1 stuff didn't have a price and took my offer of a buck. Asked about older video games and eventually the SMS bundle was brought out. I looked it over and started out with an offer of 3 only to find out that they had 20 in mind already, after some hassle ended up getting it for 15. A few other small finds were all asking price.

got out just after 8 and was home just after 12 got to 39 yardsales total along with a ARW and antique/junk type store.

The house I got Ms Pac-Man at I was told that they already sold a new system and it sounded like a SNES and I would guess it wasen't actually "new" but boxed.

When I asked about older video games I was told about the SMS in particular. Went to a sale across the street and wonder around for a few but ended up leaving and coming back as rounding it up was taking a while. When I got back they had it and put it out for me to look at. They mention the missing part and I'm looking it over and can tell that it has done some serious time in the celler. When the lady wasen't tickled pink about my offer of 3 she also informed me that it's "collectable" and that she looked it up on eBay. I don't believe that but if she was actually telling the truth she probably just did so since it was just fished out of the basement for me. I told her I really didn't want to pay more then a buck a game and that I couldn't be sure that it worked (to which she informed me that it does and that it was used last year -_-). I told her how about 15 and it was a no go. I almost put it down and left but I looked over at her and said if I gave her 20 could I bring it back if it ends up not working to which she (perhaps she was getting sick of dealing with me) sent me out back to talk to her husband who was working on a boat parked in the alley. I notice the guy who beat me to and bought a box about a month or two ago that had a boxed copy of Super Mario 64 who just got to the sale. I go back and ask the guy and he wants 20 as I was already told and offered 15 and he's cool with it. Right after that the lady yells back to him from the front of the house "a guy here will pay 20 for the system" and I look at the guy to which he says you were here first and stands firm to the offer we just agreed on.

Hopefully this guy doesn't get hell from his wife who seems to have wanted to play hardball. I'm thinking it was most likely "that" guy who (barely seeing what I had from far away) made the offer but for all I know the lady was making it up. Assuming the lady wasen't BSing this would be the first time somebody has tried to make an offer on something I was holding at a yardsale.

At one house when I asked about video games they didn't have any but politely asked me if I collected them or something like that to which the one lady ended up saying they are worth money and then mentioned that an Atari is worth $250, this was straight out of "Auction Hunters S1E4 Strated For Cash" and if her memory was better it was "up to $250" one of the times they mentioned this. While I wasen't a dick about it I had to say something on this one and as politely as I could I said that ain't right and asked her if she saw that on TV and mentioned that she should look up completed auctions on eBay to get a more realistic idea of what they are worth.

N64 With Top Gear Rally - 5
Resident Evil 0 & CODE:Veronica X (GC, No Manuals) - Buck Each
Game Gear (No Battery Covers) With 8 Games, Mario Tennis Power Tour & Fur Fighters (Complete) - 5
NDS Lite With Bad Hinge, 4 GBA Games, 11 DS Game & Some Misc - 15

N64 was 10 and I offered 5. The Game Gear bunlde was 7 and the other misc games with it were 1 & .50, took my offer of 5 for all. The DS said it was 10 and was in a bag with all of the games. I think it might have been 10 for just the system and the kid misunderstood me when I double checked it being 10 for the whole bundle that was in the bag. He then said something about 25 for it all to which I was confused for a moment and his dad asked him to sell it for 10 since he saw how it could be misunderstood from his sign. I gave the kid an extra 5 dollars, the hinge is bad (as you can see on the right of it) and flops around loose. The Resident Evil games were asking price.

Got out at about 7:45 and was home at about 11:15, got to about 33 sales Saturday.

I saw the guy I bought some DS games from at the flea market about a month or two ago, this is the same guy who bought about 40 DS games from a yardsale. He got to a sale just before me and was in the middle of smoking as he showed up (class act), didn't look very promising at this sale, mostly little kids stuff. I decided to pass on asking about older video games at this sale with him around.

The house I got the Game Gear Bundle at some of the stuff was rough looking, for example I passed on a disk only copy of Mortal Kombat Trilogy that was marked a buck why? because it had a half inch crack in the disk starting from the outer edge. I asked about older video games and they rounded up a 4 switch 2600 with about 6-8 games (Colecovision Donkey Kong, E.T. and can't remember anymore but all the usual suspects) it looked bad and I noticed a few more notable then usual cosmetic flaws like the plastic where the games goes was cracked and broken as if someone hit it with a hammer or something more drastic then wear and tear from normal usage and being old. As always I was told that it does work. I started out offering 5 which was a no go and the lady said she was thinking 15 and I straight up told her that I didn't want to pay more then .50-1 a game incase the system didn't work out for me and didn't bother trying to chip her down to 10 if she would since the system looked like hell and most likely has some problems (besides cosmetic) and was shot.

One house mentioned a Playstation that they sold and the house I got the N64 at also had a Genesis with 4 games advertised that was sold already. For most expensive I only remember seeing a NDS Lite in a case with about 15 card only games that was 150. It did have some good games with it and wasen't a way over the top price but too much for a starting price at a yardsale.

[quote name='yoyo1316']Just picked up one of the most EXPENSIVE/RARE Star Wars toys

IMG_2585.jpg

In the red box, a telescoping Darth Varder along with a telescoping Luke Skywalker. Also included is Jawa with a cloth cape

http://actionfigures.about.com/od/historyofactionfigures/tp/top_5_starwars.htm

Also picked up the following:
-1977 Millenium Falcon Spaceship in the box complete - 15
-PS2 system only - 3

Pictures more to come[/QUOTE]

Hate to burst your bubble, but those 2 figures you have there are 'single telescoping' figures....hell every version of those figures have the track in the arm for the lightsaber to slide (or telescope) out of. The truly rare ones have what is more commonly refered to as 'double telescoping' light sabers. where the lightsabe slides out the arm, and then *another* piece slides out of that. So the term telescoping is really referring to the actual lightsaber part, not so much the arm.

You do have some nice minty looking figures with the tips still attached...those usually got chewed/broken off

[quote name='FOnewearl']

NDS Soft Case - 1
Radar Mission (GB) - 1
Ms Pac-Man (SNES) - 1
PS1 Controller & Mouse - 1
Sega Master System With Controller, AC Adaptor, 13 Games & Some Misc - 15

Ms Pac-Man was 1.50, took my offer of a buck. The PS1 stuff didn't have a price and took my offer of a buck. Asked about older video games and eventually the SMS bundle was brought out. I looked it over and started out with an offer of 3 only to find out that they had 20 in mind already, after some hassle ended up getting it for 15. A few other small finds were all asking price.

got out just after 8 and was home just after 12 got to 39 yardsales total along with a ARW and antique/junk type store.

The house I got Ms Pac-Man at I was told that they already sold a new system and it sounded like a SNES and I would guess it wasen't actually "new" but boxed.

When I asked about older video games I was told about the SMS in particular. Went to a sale across the street and wonder around for a few but ended up leaving and coming back as rounding it up was taking a while. When I got back they had it and put it out for me to look at. They mention the missing part and I'm looking it over and can tell that it has done some serious time in the celler. When the lady wasen't tickled pink about my offer of 3 she also informed me that it's "collectable" and that she looked it up on eBay. I don't believe that but if she was actually telling the truth she probably just did so since it was just fished out of the basement for me. I told her I really didn't want to pay more then a buck a game and that I couldn't be sure that it worked (to which she informed me that it does and that it was used last year -_-). I told her how about 15 and it was a no go. I almost put it down and left but I looked over at her and said if I gave her 20 could I bring it back if it ends up not working to which she (perhaps she was getting sick of dealing with me) sent me out back to talk to her husband who was working on a boat parked in the alley. I notice the guy who beat me to and bought a box about a month or two ago that had a boxed copy of Super Mario 64 who just got to the sale. I go back and ask the guy and he wants 20 as I was already told and offered 15 and he's cool with it. Right after that the lady yells back to him from the front of the house "a guy here will pay 20 for the system" and I look at the guy to which he says you were here first and stands firm to the offer we just agreed on.

Hopefully this guy doesn't get hell from his wife who seems to have wanted to play hardball. I'm thinking it was most likely "that" guy who (barely seeing what I had from far away) made the offer but for all I know the lady was making it up. Assuming the lady wasen't BSing this would be the first time somebody has tried to make an offer on something I was holding at a yardsale.

At one house when I asked about video games they didn't have any but politely asked me if I collected them or something like that to which the one lady ended up saying they are worth money and then mentioned that an Atari is worth $250, this was straight out of "Auction Hunters S1E4 Strated For Cash" and if her memory was better it was "up to $250" one of the times they mentioned this. While I wasen't a dick about it I had to say something on this one and as politely as I could I said that ain't right and asked her if she saw that on TV and mentioned that she should look up completed auctions on eBay to get a more realistic idea of what they are worth.

N64 With Top Gear Rally - 5
Resident Evil 0 & CODE:Veronica X (GC, No Manuals) - Buck Each
Game Gear (No Battery Covers) With 8 Games, Mario Tennis Power Tour & Fur Fighters (Complete) - 5
NDS Lite With Bad Hinge, 4 GBA Games, 11 DS Game & Some Misc - 15

N64 was 10 and I offered 5. The Game Gear bunlde was 7 and the other misc games with it were 1 & .50, took my offer of 5 for all. The DS said it was 10 and was in a bag with all of the games. I think it might have been 10 for just the system and the kid misunderstood me when I double checked it being 10 for the whole bundle that was in the bag. He then said something about 25 for it all to which I was confused for a moment and his dad asked him to sell it for 10 since he saw how it could be misunderstood from his sign. I gave the kid an extra 5 dollars, the hinge is bad (as you can see on the right of it) and flops around loose. The Resident Evil games were asking price.

Got out at about 7:45 and was home at about 11:15, got to about 33 sales Saturday.

I saw the guy I bought some DS games from at the flea market about a month or two ago, this is the same guy who bought about 40 DS games from a yardsale. He got to a sale just before me and was in the middle of smoking as he showed up (class act), didn't look very promising at this sale, mostly little kids stuff. I decided to pass on asking about older video games at this sale with him around.

The house I got the Game Gear Bundle at some of the stuff was rough looking, for example I passed on a disk only copy of Mortal Kombat Trilogy that was marked a buck why? because it had a half inch crack in the disk starting from the outer edge. I asked about older video games and they rounded up a 4 switch 2600 with about 6-8 games (Colecovision Donkey Kong, E.T. and can't remember anymore but all the usual suspects) it looked bad and I noticed a few more notable then usual cosmetic flaws like the plastic where the games goes was cracked and broken as if someone hit it with a hammer or something more drastic then wear and tear from normal usage and being old. As always I was told that it does work. I started out offering 5 which was a no go and the lady said she was thinking 15 and I straight up told her that I didn't want to pay more then .50-1 a game incase the system didn't work out for me and didn't bother trying to chip her down to 10 if she would since the system looked like hell and most likely has some problems (besides cosmetic) and was shot.

One house mentioned a Playstation that they sold and the house I got the N64 at also had a Genesis with 4 games advertised that was sold already. For most expensive I only remember seeing a NDS Lite in a case with about 15 card only games that was 150. It did have some good games with it and wasen't a way over the top price but too much for a starting price at a yardsale.
[/QUOTE]

Jeez 40 DS games from a yard sale that is quite a bit, I don't think I will ever see that in my lifetime here. Must have been some serious gamers or spoiled kids, I don't even think I have 40 DS games in my collection and I feel like I have a ton.

If you want laughs I saw someone trying to sell a used portable CD player for $20 (it was nothing special trust me) and a Universal remote for $8 these items typically go for around 50 cents around here. But it was an old person who clearly didn't know the value of his items so I didn't say anything.

I don't think I would pay $150 for any DS bundle at a yard sales, especially a DS Lite regardless of what it included. Most DS Lite's you will see people sell either have hinge cracks or will probably get them soon. I have to admit that I didn't see any hinge cracks on the systems that I owned but both of them did break in other ways. One had a problem where it would turn off in sleep mode and the other had lines on the top screen that would be hard to detect from a quick test of the system. Based on how often these things break I am not sure if I would trust one from a yard sale unless it was clearly played very little.

[quote name='JediKiller24']Hate to burst your bubble, but those 2 figures you have there are 'single telescoping' figures....hell every version of those figures have the track in the arm for the lightsaber to slide (or telescope) out of. The truly rare ones have what is more commonly refered to as 'double telescoping' light sabers. where the lightsabe slides out the arm, and then *another* piece slides out of that. So the term telescoping is really referring to the actual lightsaber part, not so much the arm.

You do have some nice minty looking figures with the tips still attached...those usually got chewed/broken off[/QUOTE]

Ya I just figured that out but still pretty happy I found these

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back