Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='Pyloric']Pretty dry here in Missouri as well. Picked up an Intellivision with 12 games for $3. Super excited for that because I've never had or seen one before. It was the only thing I got today, but I'm still happy.

I did see an old grumpy man selling some Xbox games and Nintendo DS's. Here's the conversation:

Me: How much for the Modern Warfare 4 for X360?
Him: Well, its $60 in store, so I'll give it to you for $10.
Me: How about the two DS systems?
Him: Well those run $120 in store, but I'll give you a deal. Both for $120! And I'll throw in MW4!! Can't pass that up!
Me: lolgtfo
Him: If you don't get them now the kids will be by soon and buy'em up.
Me: ok.

^That's been most of my season thus far. That and straight up trash sales. Ah well, take the good with the bad.[/QUOTE]

where in MO are you? it's been so brutal in Columbia. what is it now, 30 days of 90+? new record highs every day? ridiculous

[quote name='burritoman']I had an Apex DVD player in maybe 2000 or 2001 (before the $20 Walmart ones), and it had some kind of menu setting so you could bypass the country code. I trashed it a long time ago because it burned out. I can't remember the model number, but the thing was big and it was like $90. I'll see if I can find a pic of it and identify it.

I have seen a lot of Rock Band drum kits, no guitars or games though. I can actually play guitar so that stuff is pretty much trash to me. I think those games were dumb, because someone could press buttons and "play" Symphony of Destruction, or I could pull out the guitar and melt your face with the real riff.

Yard sale fail for me today, probably 20 sales, saw a single Wii with Mario Kart for $100. Didn't see shit else, no electronics, no DVDs, no antiques, musical instruments, RC Airplanes, or cool toys. Pretty much a treasure free day. :cry: As SaraAB said, great deals on kid's toys and clothes, but no one was buying here either. Nice stuff too.

Went to a new (for me) flea market, smelled like my great-grandma's attic, and there were no deals there. A few game resellers wanting eBay prices, and clothing vendors, not my cup of tea. Was pretty much a waste of time. Only thing I saw was a dirty ass Wii controller, I was going to buy it just to remember my fails of the day, but my wife said no.

I did eat some awesome fish at the local fresh seafood market, found out where my new job I start in 2 weeks will be, and got Heroes of Ruin in the mail, so a partial win for me on some level.

Maybe next week I'll find some games and/or Disney DVDs.[/QUOTE]

I have seen the same Apex dvd player at a few sales now, so I was just wondering. I could probably get one for a couple bucks and that would be worth owning to me in case I ever needed a region free dvd player. But the ones I see are very tiny and they are silver, probably about the size of a portable DVD player but not portable.

My taste in music does not allow me to have guitar hero and rock band, since there are no songs I like. I also literately don't have any space for these things and since I am rapidly running out of space I have to save it for things I really want, and saving GH/RB stuff is not on my agenda.

I see a ton of electronics here but most are overpriced, some are very cheap, but the overpriced ones do not sell at all, the cheap ones sell rarely, I assume, because I see lots of them. I always ask for a better price if I really want to buy something and its too much money. I see a lot of unique stuff you can't buy anymore and I would love to buy it all but I am rapidly running out of storage space so I have to save it for the things I want most. This is a neverending problem as I keep wanting more and more stuff! There was a maroon colored Sony TV (small CRT, maybe 15 inches) that I REALLY wanted to buy and it was extremely cheap (I think it had a 1$ tag!) but I just don't have the space for it unfortunately and I know it was probably worth a lot of money since it was a different color, provided it was not spraypainted, not that I am willing to ship it to some potential overseas buyer but you get my point. I already have VCR's on top of VCR's...

Don't count out the Guitar Hero controllers just yet, seems as if most wireless ones are worth buying cheap to resell. Keep it in mind if they are a buck or so, also the necks detach for easy shipment!

I'm encountering a LOOOOT of sales with nothing but absolute trash. One sale a guy pulled out all of his water damaged items from a shed and was trying to sell em. Radios beyond repair, books trashed, etc. Also old women need to learn how to JUST. THROW. SHIT. AWAY. Jesus, no one wants or needs ANYTHING Health & Beauty related from the 1970s.

Today was actually one of the best "game finds" weekend thus far for me. I picked up a Saturn w/ roughly 15-20 complete & decent games for 40.00. Wish it were cheaper, but it's "on ebay now for 60.00", which I looked when I got home and she didn't have it on eBay so I have no idea what she was talking about. She also sold me 6 shovelware Wii games for .50 each, so her pricing was a bit confusing.

I also nabbed a broken hinged DS Lite, 20+ subpar games, a couple valuable Sony/Sansa MP3 players, a somewhat valuable Geotracker for kids, Kindle knock-off called Literati, Xbox games, random box of electronics and a few other odds and ends for 65.00

Picked up 2 DS Lites, 16-18 DS Games, a couple valuable XBox games, a Nerf gun worth about 50.00 all for 110.00 - But the kicker with this was that she had "All the game systems at home since they first started cause her kids got em all and they even saved everything with them", so I got her number, told her I'd call her at 5 (at her request), and I can come right over. I call, she says "I haven't gotten a chance to get em out yet, I'll call you back in an hour", I say ok, I can come over at 6:30, just call me back. Nothing...

Overall a good day, but sadly I was left with a huge anticipation only to be let down.

EDIT: I noticed someone mention church sales. Am I the only one that notices a LOT of church sales have teen girls in skimpy clothing holding signs by the road? Seems a tad bit on the hypocritical side...

[quote name='Cmosfm']Don't count out the Guitar Hero controllers just yet, seems as if most wireless ones are worth buying cheap to resell. Keep it in mind if they are a buck or so, also the necks detach for easy shipment!

I'm encountering a LOOOOT of sales with nothing but absolute trash. One sale a guy pulled out all of his water damaged items from a shed and was trying to sell em. Radios beyond repair, books trashed, etc. Also old women need to learn how to JUST. THROW. SHIT. AWAY. Jesus, no one wants or needs ANYTHING Health & Beauty related from the 1970s.

Today was actually one of the best "game finds" weekend thus far for me. I picked up a Saturn w/ roughly 15-20 complete & decent games for 40.00. Wish it were cheaper, but it's "on ebay now for 60.00", which I looked when I got home and she didn't have it on eBay so I have no idea what she was talking about. She also sold me 6 shovelware Wii games for .50 each, so her pricing was a bit confusing.

I also nabbed a broken hinged DS Lite, 20+ subpar games, a couple valuable Sony/Sansa MP3 players, a somewhat valuable Geotracker for kids, Kindle knock-off called Literati, Xbox games, random box of electronics and a few other odds and ends for 65.00

Picked up 2 DS Lites, 16-18 DS Games, a couple valuable XBox games, a Nerf gun worth about 50.00 all for 110.00 - But the kicker with this was that she had "All the game systems at home since they first started cause her kids got em all and they even saved everything with them", so I got her number, told her I'd call her at 5 (at her request), and I can come right over. I call, she says "I haven't gotten a chance to get em out yet, I'll call you back in an hour", I say ok, I can come over at 6:30, just call me back. Nothing...

Overall a good day, but sadly I was left with a huge anticipation only to be let down.

EDIT: I noticed someone mention church sales. Am I the only one that notices a LOT of church sales have teen girls in skimpy clothing holding signs by the road? Seems a tad bit on the hypocritical side...[/QUOTE]

Its not that bad here, most of the stuff people put out is usable, its just so obsolete that none of it would be of practical use to anyone unless they were a collector of that specific item. While I do have a feeling there are a ton of hoarders where I am, most of the households here are at least smart enough to throw the trash out, or they at least don't put it out for sale. You can't really expect people to pay $5-6 for a really old PC game from 1995 when 99% of households don't have a working computer of that vintage to play it on. Also online games that aren't active anymore, that have basically become coasters since you can't even get into the game.

Or commodore games, I doubt too many households here have a working commodore in use, but I have seen the games here, it would be silly to expect people to pay ebay prices for that stuff at a yard sale. Collectors of this type of stuff probably already have everything they want so its pretty unlikely that they would be yard sailing on the off chance of finding a huge stash of commodore games from the 80's. I assume people go to sales to find stuff that they can use, not to buy stuff that is so old that it can't be used anymore.

The church sales here are usually run by old ladies, in fact almost always, there may be a few younger men for the heavy lifting. I have never seen the teen girls in skimpy clothes at one, but if you go to the mall pretty much all they have for teen girls is skimpy clothes, so the clothing manufacturers aren't giving many options there, especially for summer clothes.

[quote name='Cmosfm']
EDIT: I noticed someone mention church sales. Am I the only one that notices a LOT of church sales have teen girls in skimpy clothing holding signs by the road? Seems a tad bit on the hypocritical side...[/QUOTE]

Don't take the bait! Jesus is fishing for pedos.

There wasn't really a lot of sales to go to for me this week. Actually no community sales local at all. Checked craigslist for some new postings of yard sales this morning around 8, I wasn't planning on going anywhere today for the first time in months. But found a few promising ones, actually just 2, but were both pretty local.

First sale told me they already sold a big box of games by time I got there.

Checked in on a few random sales. Most had nothing. Made my way to a random sale, asked if they had any video games. Brought out a SNES with hookups, 2 controllers, and a bunch of nes / snes games.
Some mexican woman saw me looking through these games, over my shoulder she loudly said ILL TAKE THEM. "I was looking at these first, im buying them not you" the kid who brought the SNES out for me agreed with me so she kept looking over my shoulder for awhile then left. Paid $40 for it all. Really really happy to have gotten a SNES, been looking for one for awhile. Tested it with Mario Allstars and it fired right up.
SNES with Mario all stars.

Games are Donkey Kong Country 2, Super mario world 2 yoshis isand, super mario kart, and zelda link to the past.

Games are 2x Super Mario world, The Legend of Zelda, and a rental copy? of Spike Mcfang (no sticker on cart or anything)

And everything else, Nes: Mario / duck hunt, Joust, rc pro am. Snes: goof troop, super adventure island, big hurt, bass tournament usa, kawasaki super bike, buster busts loose, street fither ii, addams family pugsleys scavenger hunt, super wrestlemania, and lastly a complete monopoly.

Then checked in on that other CL yard sale I found. It was a facking huge collector. Asked about games, brought out some stuff. A few pokemon which I grabbed right away as people were crowding and wanting the video games. Actually some mexican woman was just staring at all the stuff I had in my hands, talking to her kid telling him "TRY TO GRAB SOME POKEMON GET THEM GET THEM" Eventually she left.
Anyways the collector kept vaguely saying that he had more stuff, I asked if he didn't mind bringing it out that I would gladly look over everything. Then he started bringing everything out.

7 gameboy colors, 2 gameboy advance, a gamecube, 2 ps1's, multiple nes and snes, atari, street fighter II arcade controller in box(He wanted $25.. that was probably a really good deal, haven't looked up value yet). He asked if I liked pokemon, then he brought out a small box filled with 30-40 pokemon games. About 7 of each color from the main series. But said he wasn't ready to sell those games yet. He had a lot of accessories, gamesharks for n64 and gameboy, he even brought out something that he said lets you play SNES games online multiplayer. He said in his house he had all the consoles hooked up to his tv and shelves filled with games.
Most of the stuff he was just showing me and wasn't ready to sell a lot of it yet, but he gave me his number and told me if there's anything in particular I want, he has it.

All I could really manage to pick up from him at good prices were these 4 pokemon games, good enough of a deal but above typical yard sale pricing. Paid $30 for everything, all have working batteries.
There was a third CL sale I wanted to check out that advertised video games but didn't have the time to check it out. Who knows what I missed there?

[quote name='leecy']I hooked up the Playstation 2 hoping to find my missing Monster Rancher 2, opened it up and... The Sims. fuck[/QUOTE]
Bummer. I haven't checked the value of that game in a long time, but it's one of my favorite games ever. I still have hundreds of DVD's and CD's in spindles because of that game...you can just burn a disc to get whatever monster you want (or use a GameShark), but searching through random discs is far more satisfying. If you have a DS, I highly recommend Monster Rancher DS. Of all the other games in the series, I think it is the one that is most like MR2. It doesn't use discs, of course, but it has its own methods that are still fun.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Still in disbelief, the first thought that came time mind was, "Where did you look? Retard.com?"

With all my might, I restrained the desire to blurt out my rude but very valid question.[/QUOTE]
I would've gone for it. Perhaps not that exact insult, but something insulting nonetheless. Regardless of how I may come across in these forums, I'm really a super nice guy...but sometimes, being crass just feels so right.

[quote name='Mizzou75']where in MO are you? it's been so brutal in Columbia. what is it now, 30 days of 90+? new record highs every day? ridiculous[/QUOTE]
I envy you. The last couple of days mark the first time in weeks that it hasn't been well over 100 degrees here. It was 97 today, which was a nice break from the normal 110. We even went outside and managed to enjoy existence.

[quote name='SaraAB']My taste in music does not allow me to have guitar hero and rock band, since there are no songs I like.[/QUOTE]
I thought that at first as well because really, 99% of the music is shit, but it's still ridiculously fun. And with Rock Band, there is stuff for every genre of music. You could easily put together a cheap little playlist in their store...considering how cheap the games are now, I think it'd be worth it. Or you could just get Lego Rock Band. If you can't enjoy that, you have no soul.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Jesus, no one wants or needs ANYTHING Health & Beauty related from the 1970s.[/QUOTE]
That depends on what kind of stuff it is. If it's just regular ol' bottles of lotion or whatever, yeah, nobody's going to care. But a lot of products back then came in decorative bottles, some of which are highly collectible. Regardless, if they were cheap enough, I would've bought them just to recycle the containers. I'm currently trying to gather up a lot of stuff like that (the containers, not the contents) for charity.

[quote name='Cmosfm']EDIT: I noticed someone mention church sales. Am I the only one that notices a LOT of church sales have teen girls in skimpy clothing holding signs by the road? Seems a tad bit on the hypocritical side...[/QUOTE]
I've never seen that. Granted, I avoid such sales because I can't stand the thought of stepping inside a church, but the outdoor ones I see usually seem like they're run by old people. But for what it's worth, I don't think there's a bible verse saying anything against skimpy clothing and signs...but I could be wrong.

Hello again, Havent posted in a very long time due to a very hard time this past 8 months due to 3 deaths in the family, but i just had to share this find from a few weeks ago. I know its not Video game related but i think it will still interest some. I went to a community sale at a condo complex and came across 2 bags of figures, one bag had sealed figures and the other had a loose assortment of figures.

Now, i hardly ever get to sales since i usually work on Saturdays as a mailman but this sale just happened to be on my route. When i saw what was in the bag i immediatly asked how much and the lady replied $1 each to which i offered $40 for both bags and basically got out of there as quickly as i could, I only took a picture of the important items afterwards as you can see below.

The loose figures were a mix of Gi Joes and Star wars figures (about 40-50) and the carded figures were all ESB aside form 1 ROTJ along with some episode 1 and 2 figures which makes no sense at all.

181146_10150916010213165_1622295171_n.jpg

So today was my first yard sale experience. I read through this whole thread because I'm really interested in hearing about people finding great stuff for cheap, so I gathered some of your tips and decided to head out this morning.

I live in Virginia and it rained a lot yesterday so a lot of yard sales were cancelled due to it being disgusting today. But I did manage to find two in the area that were still going on. The first was a bust. The only thing out, video game related, was a DDR Supernova dance pad. I asked the guy if he had the game or any other games he was going to put out. He told me that he sold all of his PS3 games at a previous yard sale for a $1. But most of them were old Madden games, so no loss there I guess.

The second yard sale was actually pretty decent. A bunch of DVDs/VHS out as well as a DDR Supernova 2 game and pad. The kid setting it all up was about fourteen years old, so I asked him if he had anything else going out and he told me about a box inside with PS3/PS2/PSP games. He could tell I was interested so he ran inside and grabbed them for me, pretty cool kid. Most of the PS3 games were older war games (BF: Bad Company 2, MW2) and were marked at $!0 a piece. He didn't really budge much on the prices. (I could tell he didn't really want to sell him and it was most likely his mom's idea for him to sell them in the first place.) Long story short, I got the following:

photo1.jpg

Batman:AA was marked at $5 but I managed to get him to throw in the DDR and Capcom Collection in with it. He told me that he hated Tron: Evolution so I could just take it for free. (I don't have a PSP anymore, but a free game is a free game.) Everything is basically in mint condition and complete with original case and manual. Not the greatest find in the world, but for my first time out I think I did pretty well. I actually have next Saturday off so hopefully I'll find a lot more.

I'm thinking seriously of giving up on sales that advertise games... they always seem to be either way overpriced, or the stuff is gone even if I show up 30 minutes before the advertised start. I find stuff at sales where they don't advertise games more, so the resellers don't head right there. I found my two best finds this weekend at sales that were on Craigslist but neither mentioned games. I found them at 10:30 and 11:45. Why? I assume because the resellers didn't know these would be good sales.

[quote name='Jedi1979']
Now, i hardly ever get to sales since i usually work on Saturdays as a mailman but this sale just happened to be on my route. When i saw what was in the bag i immediatly asked how much and the lady replied $1 each to which i offered $40 for both bags and basically got out of there as quickly as i could, I only took a picture of the important items afterwards as you can see below.

The loose figures were a mix of Gi Joes and Star wars figures (about 40-50) and the carded figures were all ESB aside form 1 ROTJ along with some episode 1 and 2 figures which makes no sense at all.

[/QUOTE]

:bow:

[quote name='ZombieToast']
I've never seen that. Granted, I avoid such sales because I can't stand the thought of stepping inside a church, but the outdoor ones I see usually seem like they're run by old people. But for what it's worth, I don't think there's a bible verse saying anything against skimpy clothing and signs...but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

True, but I'm pretty sure most churches are against using sex to sell things, which is EXACTLY what they are doing.

[quote name='Bing147']I'm thinking seriously of giving up on sales that advertise games... they always seem to be either way overpriced, or the stuff is gone even if I show up 30 minutes before the advertised start. I find stuff at sales where they don't advertise games more, so the resellers don't head right there. I found my two best finds this weekend at sales that were on Craigslist but neither mentioned games. I found them at 10:30 and 11:45. Why? I assume because the resellers didn't know these would be good sales.[/QUOTE]

I tried the Craigslist thing before and it was always overpriced or too much competition. Also the anxiety sucks. I just freestyle, take a similar route every week and look for signs, ask for games, and sometimes you wind up doing MUCH better than fighting for everyone going to the same sale.

[quote name='Jedi1979']Hello again, Havent posted in a very long time due to a very hard time this past 8 months due to 3 deaths in the family, but i just had to share this find from a few weeks ago. I know its not Video game related but i think it will still interest some. I went to a community sale at a condo complex and came across 2 bags of figures, one bag had sealed figures and the other had a loose assortment of figures.

[/QUOTE]

The Obi Wan, Solo in Hoth and Greedo are fucking beautiful! I can't tell because of the lighting, but is that a Luke Skywalker next to the Obi Wan? I still remember tearing some of those out of the package in 1980.

[quote name='Mizzou75']where in MO are you? it's been so brutal in Columbia. what is it now, 30 days of 90+? new record highs every day? ridiculous[/QUOTE]

Festus/Hillsboro area. Since our local flea market closed down, all of the trashy vendors there started setting up yard sales every other week. Some games and systems, nearly all rain damaged and still asking $40-50 for an NES. I think the heat is making these people crazy!

SaraAB--I think it was an Apex AD-1200. You need the remote to change the setting. From the pictures I checked out, that looks really close to the one I had.

[quote name='Bing147']I'm thinking seriously of giving up on sales that advertise games... they always seem to be either way overpriced, or the stuff is gone even if I show up 30 minutes before the advertised start. I find stuff at sales where they don't advertise games more, so the resellers don't head right there. I found my two best finds this weekend at sales that were on Craigslist but neither mentioned games. I found them at 10:30 and 11:45. Why? I assume because the resellers didn't know these would be good sales.[/QUOTE]

I've said as much before. Hit every sale you can find . . . especially the unadvertised ones. The other thing is to hit the sales with high-priced gaming stuff again later (even next day) and then throw out reasonable prices and see what you can get.

[quote name='Invicta 61']The Obi Wan, Solo in Hoth and Greedo are fucking beautiful! I can't tell because of the lighting, but is that a Luke Skywalker next to the Obi Wan? I still remember tearing some of those out of the package in 1980.[/QUOTE]

yea it was a luke Bespin which also happened to be in great shape compared to the rest, I sold 4 of them at a toy show i do in Wayne NJ already
Luke Bespin
Han Hoth
FX-7
IG-88
R5-D4
Greedo
Walrusman
Hammerhead
Cloud Car pilot
AT-AT Commander
Power Droid
Death Star Droid
Obi-Wan
Bossk
Dengar
Zuckuss
4-lom (ROTJ)
Jawa

I would love to know where they came from and i wish i asked if they had more or other toys but i was pretty much speechless and couldnt believe what i had just came across

Welcome to IL. ;)

Got a crappy Radio Shack clock radio for $2. The clock works fine, but the radio is very tempermental despite it having no loose parts. Does anybody know how to fix one of these?

Threw my back out this morning, wasn't really planning on going anywhere but saw a yard sale sign right through my front door. Couldn't resist, so I waddled on over. Found a ps2 with all hookups, memory card, 3 controllers, and a kingdom heart disc only copy for $10. They also promised to look for the other games for me and come to my house if they find em, so that may still pan out. Kingdom heart disc was actually the worst disc Ive ever seen, wouldn't play. Too bad actually wanted to play that one, loved it the first time I played it years ago, Ill have to keep an eye out for KH2 now at yard sales as I never played it.

So with that buy, I can now play and test every game I hope to buy at yard sales. Nes, Snes, n64, ps2, gameboy advance sp, ds lite, gamecube, wii, xbox 360.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='detectiveconan16']Got a crappy Radio Shack clock radio for $2. The clock works fine, but the radio is very tempermental despite it having no loose parts. Does anybody know how to fix one of these?[/QUOTE]
Actually I do.

Get a hammer.

Smash it until the static stops.

Hope the clock still works.

(I have had several clock radios and a lot of the time the FM antenna is integrated with the power cord, might want to mess with it and see if it gets any better)

[quote name='Jedi1979']
IG-88
Bossk
Dengar
Zuckuss
4-lom (ROTJ)
[/QUOTE]

These ones make me jealous. Hate yous. :< So much. Sooo jealous.

[quote name='burritoman']SaraAB--I think it was an Apex AD-1200. You need the remote to change the setting. From the pictures I checked out, that looks really close to the one I had.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check a picture and keep that in mind, thank you.

[quote name='Cmosfm']True, but I'm pretty sure most churches are against using sex to sell things, which is EXACTLY what they are doing.[/QUOTE]

I really, really don't think this is the case. Unless the teens are standing there in stripper clothing and big high heels. In case you haven't noticed as I mentioned before all they have in the stores is skimpy clothing for teen girls, heck they even have junior plus sizes for those teens who are not exactly a size 0. Skimpy clothes are popular in the summer especially when its hot! If you are teen you have no choice basically. I went to a girl scout car wash because I was really desperate for a car wash and all the girls, some below teenager age were dressed in very skimpy clothing. In fact I don't think I have seen any teenagers or preteens here in several years during the summer that were not dressed in skimpy clothing. Heck even the 4-5 year olds are dressed in clothing way more skimpy than I would probably like to see! You can't really expect to dress them in jeans and an oversized shirt just because its a church when its 100+ degrees out can you?

The alternative is to not have the sale since there will be no workers if the teens can't work, because as I said teens don't own anything but very skimpy clothing for the summer. If the church prohibited skimpy clothing then they probably wouldn't have very many members and the church would cease to exist.

[quote name='Cmosfm']True, but I'm pretty sure most churches are against using sex to sell things, which is EXACTLY what they are doing.[/QUOTE]
Well, churches do a lot of things that they say they're against. And in all fairness, it could be unintentional as SaraAB suggests.

[quote name='SaraAB']I really, really don't think this is the case. Unless the teens are standing there in stripper clothing and big high heels. In case you haven't noticed as I mentioned before all they have in the stores is skimpy clothing for teen girls, heck they even have junior plus sizes for those teens who are not exactly a size 0. Skimpy clothes are popular in the summer especially when its hot! If you are teen you have no choice basically. I went to a girl scout car wash because I was really desperate for a car wash and all the girls, some below teenager age were dressed in very skimpy clothing. In fact I don't think I have seen any teenagers or preteens here in several years during the summer that were not dressed in skimpy clothing. Heck even the 4-5 year olds are dressed in clothing way more skimpy than I would probably like to see! You can't really expect to dress them in jeans and an oversized shirt just because its a church when its 100+ degrees out can you?

The alternative is to not have the sale since there will be no workers if the teens can't work, because as I said teens don't own anything but very skimpy clothing for the summer. If the church prohibited skimpy clothing then they probably wouldn't have very many members and the church would cease to exist.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure which is more absurd, the claim that teen and pre-teen girls are somehow forced to dress like sluts or that churches are forced to put those girls on the street to hold their signs because only scantily clad young girls can handle the strenuous job of sign-holder.

I see guys of varying age wearing t-shirts and jeans holding signs on the side of the road all the time for restaurants, oil change places, and so on in the same heat. It seems like only churches and girl scout troupes are comfortable using young girls in revealing clothing to bring in business.

Most girls dress like whores now. I don't want to be a father. The shorts can't get much shorter. It doesn't matter where they are, it is an epidemic.

here is my haul for yard sale

managed to pick this up for ps2 lot $7

IMG_0010-1.jpg

destiny fighters n64 - 25 cents

laptop w/ broken screen - $5, it works hooked it up to spare monitor i had and works great

here is stock photo of laptop its a emachines d620

acer-eMachine-d620-notebook.jpg

i will take pictures of the laptop and destiny fighters later

how'd i do

Sheeee.... a $5 laptop that works? Can't go wrong there.

As for the skimpy church sales, carry a long staff in your car. Next time you are offended by their manner of dress jump out of your car with the long staff. Start smacking the girls on the ankles with it screaming "repent heathens!". When the parents get angry and confront you, just tell them you're old school.

[quote name='slowdive21']Most girls dress like whores now. I don't want to be a father. The shorts can't get much shorter. It doesn't matter where they are, it is an epidemic.[/QUOTE]

One of the many reason I do not want to be a mother...

I see it on toddlers and very small children now, their skirts are shorter and their shorts cannot get any shorter. Some parents want their kids to wear this stuff too. Try shopping for them and that is all you see, are super short shorts and skirts that cover almost nothing. This is mostly for summer clothing though, in the winter it gets more normal with jeans and hoodies being popular. Skinny jeans are a horrible travesty, but at least they cover the body.

[quote name='SaraAB']Skinny jeans are a horrible travesty, but at least they cover the body.[/QUOTE]
On a serious note, how do dudes fit their junk into dude skinny jeans?

[quote name='burritoman']On a serious note, how do dudes fit their junk into dude skinny jeans?[/QUOTE]

I don't think I want to know. I know its possible to cause damage to your body whether female or male from wearing them too tight since if your jeans are stretchy and are too tight they can cut off your circulation. I don't see too many guys wearing them here thankfully.

[quote name='Invicta 61']
As for the skimpy church sales, carry a long staff in your car. Next time you are offended by their manner of dress jump out of your car with the long staff. Start smacking the girls on the ankles with it screaming "repent heathens!". When the parents get angry and confront you, just tell them you're old school.[/QUOTE]

1. The fact that you refer to it as a "long staff" and not a stick shows that you are awesome.

2. I may just do this on my next garage sale trip.

[quote name='Jedi1979']yea it was a luke Bespin which also happened to be in great shape compared to the rest, I sold 4 of them at a toy show i do in Wayne NJ already
Luke Bespin
Han Hoth
FX-7
IG-88
R5-D4
Greedo
Walrusman
Hammerhead
Cloud Car pilot
AT-AT Commander
Power Droid
Death Star Droid
Obi-Wan
Bossk
Dengar
Zuckuss
4-lom (ROTJ)
Jawa

I would love to know where they came from and i wish i asked if they had more or other toys but i was pretty much speechless and couldnt believe what i had just came across[/QUOTE]

I began working for the usps this year so I rarely get to go to sales on saturday as well. Only ones I get to go to now are on sundays, but those aren't as plentiful as saturdays. Nice haul by the way...

[quote name='Jedi1979']I sold 4 of them at a toy show i do in Wayne NJ already

I would love to know where they came from and i wish i asked if they had more or other toys but i was pretty much speechless and couldnt believe what i had just came across[/QUOTE]

Crass, I know. But . . . how much did you pay and what would you value them at?

I would buy those SW figures in a heartbeat at a low price (even though I don't know squat about value). But when I see anything like them at a sale, the prices are in line with ebay.

I did the same thing at a big DVD buy a month ago . . . these were these great Criterion blu-rays and really neat stuff but it was sold by a few women that I don't think would watch any of them . . . many were sealed. I bought $500 worth of DVDs for $40. Anyway, I didn't think to ask about where the DVDs came from until much later :whistle2:(

I also found a $5 computer. Mine is a desktop Dell with Windows XP with service pack 3, 60 gb Hard Drive, and 1 gb ram. And works great.

[quote name='SaraAB']One of the many reason I do not want to be a mother...

I see it on toddlers and very small children now, their skirts are shorter and their shorts cannot get any shorter. Some parents want their kids to wear this stuff too. Try shopping for them and that is all you see, are super short shorts and skirts that cover almost nothing. This is mostly for summer clothing though, in the winter it gets more normal with jeans and hoodies being popular. Skinny jeans are a horrible travesty, but at least they cover the body.[/QUOTE]
I think it's more of a case of stores catering to what people want. Supply and demand and all that. I can't speak for your area, but I see many reasonable clothing options lining the racks of Walmart, Target, Burlington, and the various department stores. And I see plenty of young girls dressing in an appropriate/respectable manner. There are, of course, many girls who do not, but I'm fairly certain it is their preference...or their mother's preference. A lot of moms have that Pageant Mom mentality and they want their daughters to be as sexy and popular as possible.

Speaking of which...my little sister has actually done pageants her whole life and is competing to be Miss California, so I've seen this stuff first-hand and I think it's quite sad.

[quote name='ZombieToast']
Speaking of which...my little sister has actually done pageants her whole life and is competing to be Miss California, so I've seen this stuff first-hand and I think it's quite sad.[/QUOTE]
In before someone asks for pics. :lol:

[quote name='ZombieToast']I think it's more of a case of stores catering to what people want. Supply and demand and all that. I can't speak for your area, but I see many reasonable clothing options lining the racks of Walmart, Target, Burlington, and the various department stores. And I see plenty of young girls dressing in an appropriate/respectable manner. There are, of course, many girls who do not, but I'm fairly certain it is their preference...or their mother's preference. A lot of moms have that Pageant Mom mentality and they want their daughters to be as sexy and popular as possible.

Speaking of which...my little sister has actually done pageants her whole life and is competing to be Miss California, so I've seen this stuff first-hand and I think it's quite sad.[/QUOTE]

I am guessing pageants are more popular down south, we only have 1 pageant that I know of up here and that is tied to a local festival and from what I have seen of it its very innocent, there is only one category for kindergarten and one for high school seniors. They wear dresses but its nothing like the TV shows. Something tells me that pageants as the TV shows present them are illegal in NY state.

The clothing will depend on the area, so what is selling is what will be stocked on the shelves, it may be different in other areas. But over here I can vouch for the fact that most parents here encourage their kids to dress as skimpy as possible, no matter what age and no matter the size of the kid, as I have cousins so I know what kind of fashions are in, but as I said before the skimpy clothes only come out in the summer because its cold here in the winter. Its gone so far as when I was walking through a shoe store I caught a woman trying to shove her 3-4 year old in high heels, and yes they do make them for that age group, and then she was complaining when the kid couldn't walk in them.... Not surprisingly the parents dress the same way, again no matter what size the parents are.

No sales lately, but I did have a dream where a guy sold me an SNES mini and 18 games that were all Secret of Mana / FF3 / and Chrono Trigger caliber for $55. There was also a sinkhole in the ground with cash in it, but I had to pass because bees were flying out :lol:

Hmm, I might have to go hunting in the neighborhood where my dream took place; it's one of those areas where I've never had a haul, in the waking world anyhow.

[quote name='Obiwan456']I also found a $5 computer. Mine is a desktop Dell with Windows XP with service pack 3, 60 gb Hard Drive, and 1 gb ram. And works great.[/QUOTE]
Hey. What're you doing with my computer.:lol: I think that literally is the specs on this PC I'm on now, except that maybe the HDD is 20gb's larger.:whistle2:#

And before anyone says 'zomg it's an antique', all I use it for is surfing the internet and occasionally watching a random YouTube or Crackle video. Otherwise it collects dust.:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hey. What're you doing with my computer.:lol: I think that literally is the specs on this PC I'm on now, except that maybe the HDD is 20gb's larger.:whistle2:#

And before anyone says 'zomg it's an antique', all I use it for is surfing the internet and occasionally watching a random YouTube or Crackle video. Otherwise it collects dust.:booty:[/QUOTE]

Same here, my comp is from......2003.

I saw a decent non working dell laptop at a sale for $10 was going to buy it, but I looked away for literally 5 seconds and some bitch snatched it up right from under me.

Any of you ever notice that when you start looking at something the people around become interested in it. All of a sudden they want it. Shits been happening a lot lately.

[quote name='TiKi2']Same here, my comp is from......2003.

I saw a decent non working dell laptop at a sale for $10 was going to buy it, but I looked away for literally 5 seconds and some bitch snatched it up right from under me.

Any of you ever notice that when you start looking at something the people around become interested in it. All of a sudden they want it. Shits been happening a lot lately.[/QUOTE]

Yes I facking hate that. Its always fat loud mexican women doing it to me too (they make up 90% of the flea market sellers here in SoCal)

You have to just grab the item, move it closer to yourself. And if anyone asks about buying it or wants to take it simply tell them Hey no, I was looking at it first. You cant buy something Im looking at from over my shoulder.

The other day I had it happen to me twice, I went to a random sale, asked about older games brought out a SNES for me. I was looking it all over and from behind I hear "Ill take that" Then again literally 20 min later I was looking at games I hear someone telling her 5 year old "GET SOME POKEMON GET IT GET IT NOW" Really really irritating. She was staring at the games I had in my hand too like I was taking something of hers.

And no Im not racist, Im mexican myself (though you wouldn't know it from looking at me) its just I don't like rude people like that, and it always seems to be older mexican women being so rude like that.

Because of the class of people who run the flea market here (really facking rude people) I simply don't even go anymore. Its not worth it.

[quote name='TiKi2']Same here, my comp is from......2003.

Any of you ever notice that when you start looking at something the people around become interested in it. All of a sudden they want it. Shits been happening a lot lately.[/QUOTE]

happened to me a few times, so now i usually try to pick up the item like i'm going to buy it, and even carry it around with me, until i decide whether i want to buy it or not

[quote name='robwhois']happened to me a few times, so now i usually try to pick up the item like i'm going to buy it, and even carry it around with me, until i decide whether i want to buy it or not[/QUOTE]

I do this.. it doesnt always stop people from trying to buy it out from under you around here sadly.

Regardless of how bad I wanted an item I would not take it out from under someone, if they were there first, then they were there first and they get the item. I definitely wouldn't want someone to do this to me. I think that is just common decency, but somehow I don't think anyone has any respect for one another anymore.

This isn't a problem here but if I am at a sale and it looks competitive then I will pick up an item and hold it if its something I really want, but 95% of the time we walk up to a sale with no one there so I just look around, pay for my purchases and then walk out.

[quote name='Jedi1979']Hello again, Havent posted in a very long time due to a very hard time this past 8 months due to 3 deaths in the family, but i just had to share this find from a few weeks ago. I know its not Video game related but i think it will still interest some. I went to a community sale at a condo complex and came across 2 bags of figures, one bag had sealed figures and the other had a loose assortment of figures.

[/QUOTE]

Holy cow, as a long time Star Wars collector, that is an awesome find!

bread's done
Back