Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='RenoTurk11']How much should I pay for a Dreamcast in great condition with 2 controllers, all the cords and one game (not sure what game). He is asking for $25 and will have it for me tomorrow. Was seeing if I should go lower. He also has a Sega Saturn with the same (2 controllers and cords and a game) for $25.

Also what is a good price to pay for a Sega Genesis with 2 controllers, all the cords and Sonic the Hedgehog? He is asking for $30.

Also- (lol sorry, figured I'd ask on 3 three)- SNES with 2 controllers, all cords and a random SNES game. He was asking for $30.

Not sure if I should bite or not. I feel so lost :(

Thanks guys. It was funny bc I was talking to one of the vendors at the flea market I went to today and he said he actually goes very early in the morning and actually buys all the other vendors games (at 6 AM!) and then resells them at his stand! That sucks ;([/QUOTE]
i agree. $60 tops. the Genesis is def overpriced (especially if a model 2), the others are decent prices

[quote name='RenoTurk11']How much should I pay for a Dreamcast in great condition with 2 controllers, all the cords and one game (not sure what game). He is asking for $25 and will have it for me tomorrow. Was seeing if I should go lower. He also has a Sega Saturn with the same (2 controllers and cords and a game) for $25.

Also what is a good price to pay for a Sega Genesis with 2 controllers, all the cords and Sonic the Hedgehog? He is asking for $30.

Also- (lol sorry, figured I'd ask on 3 three)- SNES with 2 controllers, all cords and a random SNES game. He was asking for $30.

Thanks guys. It was funny bc I was talking to one of the vendors at the flea market I went to today and he said he actually goes very early in the morning and actually buys all the other vendors games (at 6 AM!) and then resells them at his stand! That sucks ;([/QUOTE]

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a reseller. Your normal gamer will panic and immediately buy. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the reseller-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

$60 seems high...

I'd just buy the Dream and SNES and try $40 then use those extra ones Shu suggests... the genie is just way too high ....

you'll find a cheap genie sooner than later ...

GL!

I sold a Dreamcast bundle similar to that on CL for about $50. I had 3 memory cards and 3 games, but was pretty much the same.

Best part was the buyer gave me the price they'd pay, I was only gonna ask 30.

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']It is about $30-$40 cart only.[/QUOTE]

The one I picked up looks more like this :cool:

SoulBlazer.jpg

Thanks Schultz and uiengineer- Will try that, going over there now. I'll let you know how I make out.

Invicta- Thanks. My impulse is to buy but I've actyually been good with not buying anything. In fact, I saw a Sega Genesis with 25 games and 5 controllers for $30 and passed on it bc I didn't need it (This was 2 months ago before I started getting into this). Been kicking myself and wanting to find that gem deal ever since.

Donut and slow- Thanks guys. What would the dreamcast fetch if I resold it? I noticed on the boards that some people sell them at some pretty good prices. I read every single page of this thread :p I'm going to try $50 for everything to see if he bites.

Burrito- Thanks. I honestly have no idea on values other that PS1 and some Sega Games. I need to learn a lot, fast :p

By the way guys- Another guy has an Atari 2 Flash back with the disc with 40 games for $25. I don't even know what that is, is that worth getting?

[quote name='boyboy1080']found this awesome looking action figure at one house $2

IM000227.jpg

and from another house

paid $6 for this stuff

n64 console w/ 2 controllers
grey contoller and green controller
n64 brand rf modulator

9 games

California speed
ken griffy
madden 2001
nba court side
turok - rage wars
waverace
wresltmania 2000
wcw nitro
xena

from a different house

chihuahua dog was 50 cents

you put it on your leg and it humps you

IMG_1393.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Damn just getting Wrestlemania 2000 for $6 is a SUPER steal, so to get all that aswell, well like my friends borat would say, "VERRY NICEEEE!" :applause:

[quote name='RenoTurk11']

By the way guys- Another guy has an Atari 2 Flash back with the disc with 40 games for $25. I don't even know what that is, is that worth getting?[/QUOTE]
nope. it is only worth maybe $15 anyway.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']

Invicta- Thanks. My impulse is to buy but I've actyually been good with not buying anything. In fact, I saw a Sega Genesis with 25 games and 5 controllers for $30 and passed on it bc I didn't need it (This was 2 months ago before I started getting into this). Been kicking myself and wanting to find that gem deal ever since.
[/QUOTE]

I was trying to channel Hunter S. Thompson. Guess that didn't work out too well.

Not a very big weekend for me, but not bad considering I wasn't planning on going out at all. I only went out on Sunday for a few hours.

Picked up the Following -

4 CIB Genesis games for $5.
- F1 Formula Racing
- Streets of Rage
- Streets of Rage 2
- Joe Montana NFL 95

For $2 the following:
- Cars PS2 Game - CIB
- SNES Video cable hookup.

That was it for gaming related items.

Invicta- not sure who that is :p

Monoxide- I see that Joe Montana NFL 95 is listed online at decent prices. Do you guys know why it sells for so much? Its a damn sports game :p And isn't Mutant League!

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Invicta- not sure who that is :p

Monoxide- I see that Joe Montana NFL 95 is listed online at decent prices. Do you guys know why it sells for so much? Its a damn sports game :p And isn't Mutant League![/QUOTE]

Mutant League hockey is one of the greatest video games ever made.

Monoxide- I see that Joe Montana NFL 95 is listed online at decent prices. Do you guys know why it sells for so much? Its a damn sports game :p And isn't Mutant League![/QUOTE]

I picked it up because it was just with the rest, and after checking it I figured it wasn't worth anything... http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/sega-genesis/nfl-'95

Where are you seeing it going for a decent price? I'm a big Chiefs and Joe Montana fan, but I'd have no problem letting it go if I can make a profit on it.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Thanks Schultz and uiengineer- Will try that, going over there now. I'll let you know how I make out.

Donut and slow- Thanks guys. What would the dreamcast fetch if I resold it? I noticed on the boards that some people sell them at some pretty good prices. I read every single page of this thread :p I'm going to try $50 for everything to see if he bites.

Burrito- Thanks. I honestly have no idea on values other that PS1 and some Sega Games. I need to learn a lot, fast :p

By the way guys- Another guy has an Atari 2 Flash back with the disc with 40 games for $25. I don't even know what that is, is that worth getting?[/QUOTE]

Forgot to update you guys- He wouldn't do it for $60 for the lot. I started with $50 and he was still stuck on his price of $90 for all 3 systems. Said if he doesn't sell it this week he will give me a call. I even pulled out the cash to try to see if he'll bite but he's stingy ":(

[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhh, bud, do yourself a favor. Pick up The Rum Diary and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Great reads.

Pic heavy post, only made it to one sale Saturday before I was rained out, but brought home a ton of stuff. Paid $20 for all of the following:

Star Wars Classic Trilogy Monopoly (complete minus 1 die)
The World of Indiana Jones Masterbook
Dragon Strike (not sure what all is there, missing the VHS tape for sure)

Genesis 1 model
Sega 32x
Sega CD

Unfortunately no hookups for any of them except for possibly the 32x to Genesis 2/3 cord.

2 Nintendo 64s, only 1 AC adapter and 1 controller.

Super Nintendo console only
Microsoft brand joystick
Playstation 1 controller
Sega Genesis controller and a Striker controller
PS2 extension cord, random power cord, 2 Madcatz extension cords of some sort, anyone know what those are?

X-Wing vs Tie Fighter
Extreme Rise of the Triad
The Forgotten Realms Archives
Wizardry: Crusaders of the Dark Savant
Knights of Xentar :hot:
Worms 2

Sharp EL-506G calculator
Scooby Doo Mystery
2 Nintendo Adventure books

Nintendo 64 memory card and 3 PS1 memory cards
Golden Sun GBA
Zelda Oracle of Ages
some Interact Playstation accessory, guessing for a wireless controller

A lot of the bigger items were all in a milk crate that I paid $7 for, and I didn't find the memory cards and gameboy games until I got home. I saw a GBC game and was thrilled to see Zelda (been looking for the Oracle games for a while now).

This would have been a great find if only the systems were complete. I don't have a Genesis as I never see them around here, so it was strange to not only find one but the 32x and Sega CD with it. They look a little rough though and who knows if they work.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Forgot to update you guys- He wouldn't do it for $60 for the lot. I started with $50 and he was still stuck on his price of $90 for all 3 systems. Said if he doesn't sell it this week he will give me a call. I even pulled out the cash to try to see if he'll bite but he's stingy ":([/QUOTE]
he won't sell (unless he finds a knucklehead), so expect a call

[quote name='juangrande386']"2 Madcatz extension cords of some sort, anyone know what those are?"

Looks like a Gamecube plug to me[/QUOTE]

Just tried it on my Gamecube controller and sure enough, that's it. Thank you. I'm not sure why I didn't recognize it now.

[quote name='leecy']
Nintendo 64 memory card and 3 PS1 memory cards
[/QUOTE]

Should've asked whoever you bought that Ogre Battle card from whether they had the game. IIRC those memory card stickers came with the game.

[quote name='Doomstink']Should've asked whoever you bought that Ogre Battle card from whether they had the game. IIRC those memory card stickers came with the game.[/QUOTE]

What I would do to get my hands on Ogre Battle for anything at this point...

[quote name='tuffguycore']What I would do to get my hands on Ogre Battle for anything at this point...[/QUOTE]

I've never found the PS1 version cheap, but I managed to snag the SNES version for $2.99 at a thrift store. One of my best thrift finds by far.

[quote name='Doomstink']I've never found the PS1 version cheap, but I managed to snag the SNES version for $2.99 at a thrift store. One of my best thrift finds by far.[/QUOTE]

I played it at my best friends house as a kid, but that never helped me actually get into it unfortunately.

I didn't find the memory card until I got home. I did ask about Super Nintendo games, but the guy at the sale said he was keeping them. Who knows what kind of goodies he was hanging on to.

[quote name='leecy']I didn't find the memory card until I got home. I did ask about Super Nintendo games, but the guy at the sale said he was keeping them. Who knows what kind of goodies he was hanging on to.[/QUOTE]

Just enough to drive us all crazy...

I always run into people that keep their SNES stuff but dump out their NES and N64 stuff. I never liked the n64 and 8 bit is too shitty so I'd keep the SNES stuff as well.

Damn, I've been soooo busy. I better post last weekend before the new one comes.

Not much . . . not that many sales and it is mostly the incomplete console week.

I saw these . . . marked $3 for the SNES and $2 for the Yobo

I think I paid $3 for the pair. The SNES has a power adapter . . . a controller and TV adapter are easy to add. I thought I'd try the Yobo for testing NES games. The woman said she couldn't find her games anywhere . . . fuck

This one is complete and actually came with an extra TV hookup:

Woman wouldn't budge from $10.

No contollers, power, or TV hookup but an NES with gun and 9 ok games:

Paid $10

All of the rest was $15 . . . Sears Atari lot:

I can't work up much excitment for a 2600, yet I can't turn it down:

The boxed copy of Blueprint (5200) is the gem
The system:

Has a universal power adapter and lacks joysticks but has paddles
These booklets are a bonus:

[quote name='TiKi2']I always run into people that keep their SNES stuff but dump out their NES and N64 stuff. I never liked the n64 and 8 bit is too shitty so I'd keep the SNES stuff as well.[/QUOTE]

N64 has crappy 3d graphics and really, not that great of a library of games. A lot of the games can be purchased on the Wii virtual console if you really want to play them that badly. Most NES systems probably don't work now, and people who just want to get rid of their stuff will not know how or want to do a connector replacement. The SNES is the sweet spot with decent 16 bit graphics, and has mario games just like every other Nintendo console. IMO 16 bit 2d graphics are better than extremely crappy 3D graphics. If you want to play the NES mario bros games they are available on the all starts cartridge. It also has a good selection of RPG's which the NES and N64 lack. The controller is also better and it also has the super gameboy adapter.

N64 is worth it for the pokemon stadium games, but you need the old GBC cartridges to play them, and most of those do not save anymore. The stadium games aren't very fun unless you have pokemon from the cartridges. When people lose their many hours of playtime from those games they will just want to get rid of them.

With this in mind I can definitely see people keeping the SNES over the N64 and NES.

Just to chime in, when I sell games at cons the fastest selling stuff is always N64 stuff. In the next five years, you'll probably see a trend of people hanging on to those games. People are REALLY nostalgic about the 64.

For someone my age (25), N64 was the first system I had that I can remember playing the games on a day-to-day basis and bought games for on my own. I had an NES and SNES when I was younger but they don't have the same sentimental value to me that the N64 did. I bet many people around my age group feel the same way.

27 here And I'd say my memories of playing the s n e s vs n64 are about evenly matched

Unfortunately the nostalgia I feel for the nes is clouded due to grovers 123s..qbert..rygar..and mario bros. Nothing epic-ly nostalgic shaped my childhood more than super mario rpg, mario kart (snes and 64), zeldas, etc.

[quote name='SaraAB']N64 has crappy 3d graphics and really, not that great of a library of games. A lot of the games can be purchased on the Wii virtual console if you really want to play them that badly. Most NES systems probably don't work now, and people who just want to get rid of their stuff will not know how or want to do a connector replacement. The SNES is the sweet spot with decent 16 bit graphics, and has mario games just like every other Nintendo console. IMO 16 bit 2d graphics are better than extremely crappy 3D graphics. If you want to play the NES mario bros games they are available on the all starts cartridge. It also has a good selection of RPG's which the NES and N64 lack. The controller is also better and it also has the super gameboy adapter.

N64 is worth it for the pokemon stadium games, but you need the old GBC cartridges to play them, and most of those do not save anymore. The stadium games aren't very fun unless you have pokemon from the cartridges. When people lose their many hours of playtime from those games they will just want to get rid of them.

With this in mind I can definitely see people keeping the SNES over the N64 and NES.[/QUOTE]

I'd say what the n64 has is a strong multi-player line-up and it's rugged enough that parents can still pass it onto their children as an economical "first system" (look at gameboy color systems, why do they still sell so well when you can play the same games on an sp or ds? It's the difficult-to-destroy factor). I'm thinking too that a lot of people play the re-releases and want to go back to the original Smash Bros., Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, etc.

[quote name='slowdive21']Atari, NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, PS3 was my progression PlayStation being the first systems I bought as an adult.[/QUOTE]

I was Atari(Don't remember too too much though, I was really little), NES, Sega(got the basic system and rented the shit out of Streets of Rage 1-3), PS1, PS2 and now, 360.

Atari, NES , SNES , Genesis , N64 , PS1, XBOX, PS2 , XBOX 360.
My favortite console is actually XBOX with SNES in second, too young for atari we had it till it got stolen, not long.
I still got the box for Doom that I bought for the SNES.

PC(since I was 3)->PS2->Every current gen other than Vita (so far)

Though my friends had NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Gear. Only two friends bought an N64, so I played that like twice until I bought a few from yard sales. One had a Virtual Boy, but I only played that like once.

Here's my console evolution.

Atari>NES>SNES>GameGear>Saturn>PS1>N64>Dreamcast>PS2>PS3

I did go back and pick up a Sega Genesis in between the Dreamcast and PS2.

[quote name='timesplitt']yep, and its sad, to a point.[/QUOTE]
How so?

Even with lackluster graphics, the N64 has some excellent games in its library. Hell, the standard it set for Wrestling games still hasn't been topped to this day. Remakes are all well and good, but you can't top the original game on the original system.

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']It is about $30-$40 cart only.[/QUOTE]

Of course it is. And I sold it to a local game store for $5. Oh well, I guess I didn't have to hassle with ebay? Anyway, I still can't complain, because the lot I bought that in had one other game that I promise I will take pictures of tomorrow which totally makes up for it.

Favorite systems..
Xbox 360 > DS Lite > PS1 > N64

First system I had as a kid was PS1, we spent a LOT LOT on video games. At one point we had I think 100 games. All the fun kid ones, along with the good RPG's.
N64 I liked, but didn't actually get too many games for it for whatever reason. Smash bros was a lot of fun.
Got myself a DS lite 2 years ago and an Acekard.. yay free games?
Xbox 360 I got about 15 months ago, and thanks to CAG and SD I know how to get cheap games for it, along with free MSP for download games. Ive probably gotten at least 30k MSP all free

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']For me it's been:

PS1 (I had the one with the screen attached :D)--> Game Boy Color --> Gamecube --> DS Lite --> PS3[/QUOTE]

Jeez, how old are you ;)

bread's done
Back