Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='schultzed']That's because you kicked butt last year :)

My favorite find for this week was this (mine is new in box):

http://www.amazon.com/XRN1200-Stick...TF8&qid=1345997426&sr=8-2&keywords=zyron+1200

My wife is a middle-school librarian and I had a hunch . . .

Turns out she can use it . . . I paid $5.[/QUOTE]

Ah nice, I can use one of those. Havent seen any in the wild yet though.
I like to try and collect things that will speed up the packing process.

Found a triple beam, fragile stamp (which I can't use anymore due to new envelopes Im using) and a nice vintage paper cutter. Love that thing, especially the days when Im shipping out 10-15 things. lol

And N3UROP0D. Ive got that LOTR set, supposed to come with a jacket to hold the 3 together as well. Last I looked its worth around $30

While Im here, when is "yard sale season" over? This is my first year doing it.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']
$30. Made in 1964.
2z73pzo.jpg

[/QUOTE]

You've got something nice there; I could spot the Gerry Anderson / Thunderbirds style from a mile away :cool:

[quote name='Artrigis']While Im here, when is "yard sale season" over? This is my first year doing it.[/QUOTE]

Depends on where you live . . . in the north . . . its when the snow flies :)

It's pretty much done here at the end of Sept . . . I had a few gaming pickups into Oct. of last year but it was getting hard to find any sales at that point. And the stretch from Nov. to May really sucks for my buying habits.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='schultzed']Depends on where you live . . . in the north . . . its when the snow flies :)

It's pretty much done here at the end of Sept . . . I had a few gaming pickups into Oct. of last year but it was getting hard to find any sales at that point. And the stretch from Nov. to May really sucks for my buying habits.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the sales really start to dry up at the end of sept maybe beginning of october up in ny(for me at least), unless we get a warm winter like we did last year, then maybe you'll get lucky with a sale here or there during the season.

6-2-12 finds, yeah that's right. I told you I am behind!

New camera, that I still can't figure out...

Paid $1 total for the 4 N64 games:

bcdeb406.jpg

Lady was pretty firm on price, but I paid $20 for the GC (I think...can't remember):

Notice the gameboy player. I also wanted some of the games for my collection.

bbe639ed.jpg

8b2b1944.jpg

b3323bb5.jpg

1bdd1774.jpg

A so-so weekend for games (I did have a nice CD score--maybe I'll post a pic of that later)

I have to walk the dog before I hit sales. So, I had the dog with when I found these:

Paid $5 for all . . . I think the Play can go with a sys that I'm going to sell.
Another sale had these and some profitable DVDs for .50 each.

I don't know why, but I have a hard time resisting .50 games.
Suddenly, Halo is on my radar screen . . . These were $1-2 each

This is my lone cartridge find . . . not much old-school love this week.

Paid $1.50
I paid $10 for this PS2 and when I pointed out the lack of a controller she agreed to throw in the SW Battlefront

I have extra controllers ;-)
This Dreamcast was marked $20

Paid $13. The same sale had some very nice DS titles . . . Soulsilver etc. But they were marked $20 each. A few other sales had overpriced games :whistle2:(

This sale advertised DS . . . and I didn't get there right away . . . so I was surprised to find this stuff:

Paid $22.50 for all. I was willing to go full-price for the games but got the sys for $10. Was told the Wiimote didn't work but got it anyway for .50.

The Wiimote works at a short distance but gets jumpy as you back away. Anyone know a cure? I will likely put it in with the system I'm going to sell.

Haven't posted in a while but just moved and starting to love this new city.

First up on Friday paid $4

34gsplj.jpg
:hot:

Saturday paid $0.50

x4iuk2.jpg

Hit two sales while I was out today, picked up the following:

Sale #1 for $15:
- N64 with Cables (No Controllers)
- Pokemon Stadium (Cart Only)
- Nascar 2000 (CIB)
- Ken Griffey Jr Major League Baseball
- Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside
- Cruis'n USA
- WCW/NWO Revenge
- WWF Warzone
- Dead Rising Platnium Hits

All Games were in mint condition. I am just going to keep a few of the games that came with the N64 and resell the console for a profit. :bouncy:

Sale #2 for $5:
- Disc Only of MW3 for PS3 :hot:

Promptly traded in the MW3 for $31.50 of store-credit at Bestbuy on my way home. :applause:

[quote name='DeadStranger']Haven't posted in a while but just moved and starting to love this new city.

34gsplj.jpg

Saturday paid $0.50

x4iuk2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
shit man, great finds

[quote name='DeadStranger']Haven't posted in a while but just moved and starting to love this new city.

34gsplj.jpg

Saturday paid $0.50

x4iuk2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Damn man. I'd flip my shit if I found Quarantine at a sale. I've been wanting that for a long time.

Nice finds deadstranger. Haven't seen any .hack yet, though I do know to look out for them. I only ever find trash ps2 games, sports, and shooters.

Though I like your Zelda find better. Ive picked up several of those, never found one complete with the manual.

Slowdives GC bundle reminds me of the sh1t ton of hrs I played Dave Mirra 2 and also Mat Hoffman 2. Id buy a new version of those games or hell even an HD remake.

Crap i need to hit some yard sales I would love to pick-up my son a DS or DSLite used at one to see how he does with it before we jump on a new DSi XL for his b-day or x-mas gift.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']

cc15e3bde8b95c0635151fb4b96697bc.jpg

$10 for this DVD lot. :dvd: LOTR 1-3 Extended DVD editions and :dvd: Gatchaman Collection 1. I'm sure with the blu-rays out the LOTR collections aren't so hot any more but they're in mint shape and if I can't sell 'em I'll be glad to keep those.[/QUOTE]

The LOTR DVDs actually still do really well. I sold my set a few weeks ago for $40

[quote name='Zazoo']The LOTR DVDs actually still do really well. I sold my set a few weeks ago for $40[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Artrigis']
And N3UROP0D. Ive got that LOTR set, supposed to come with a jacket to hold the 3 together as well. Last I looked its worth around $30[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips fellas. I did my research and the slipcover that holds all 3 could also be ordered separately, unfortunately the offer expired oh...7 years ago. :lol:

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Thanks for the tips fellas. I did my research and the slipcover that holds all 3 could also be ordered separately, unfortunately the offer expired oh...7 years ago. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Was it free? (maybe when you bought the 3rd set). I got one in the mail for my set--hard to believe that I paid for it because I'm so cheap. Funny it came in a tight fitting box and was very, very light. A few people bitched because they slit the slipcase when they opened the box.

Well, I checked the Return of the King box and the card for it was still in there. Apparently it was just $3 for the shipping.

Anyway I think I'll hold onto these until I inevitably find a great deal on the blu-rays. Just a matter of time right?

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Well, I checked the Return of the King box and the card for it was still in there. Apparently it was just $3 for the shipping.

Anyway I think I'll hold onto these until I inevitably find a great deal on the blu-rays. Just a matter of time right?[/QUOTE]

$3 sounds about right . . . I probably figured it was worth it to increase the value of the whole set.

I remember that when I bought the Fellowship set it contained a voucher to get a ticket to Two Towers . . . which I used. Is that in your set?

I won't get the Blu-ray set unless I can get it for very cheap . . . in which case I would flip it anyway :)

I just don't have time to sit down and watch them.

Really thin pickings....need to travel a bit...

Fri
3 gamecube swars games complete $3
(bored buy...)

Sat
PSP 1001 with charger paperwork and complete lumines for $5 (great condition and battery)

[quote name='schultzed']$3 sounds about right . . . I probably figured it was worth it to increase the value of the whole set.

I remember that when I bought the Fellowship set it contained a voucher to get a ticket to Two Towers . . . which I used. Is that in your set?

I won't get the Blu-ray set unless I can get it for very cheap . . . in which case I would flip it anyway :)

I just don't have time to sit down and watch them.[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah, it's in there. Wow.

And I hear you, it would take a long-ass time to actually watch all of them. It's been a few years though, so maybe I'll make an event of it this weekend. And then maybe at black friday or something I can trade 'em up for the blu-rays.

[quote name='burritoman']Is that Xena game any good? My local game shop has the PS1 version for $4.[/QUOTE]
I don't know about anyone else, but I thought it was pretty bad. Throwing the little ring around was fun at first, but it got old really fast. Might be worth $4, though, especially if you're a fan.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I don't know about anyone else, but I thought it was pretty bad. Throwing the little ring around was fun at first, but it got old really fast. Might be worth $4, though, especially if you're a fan.[/QUOTE]

the game is impossible without cheating and even with it, i couldnt figure out how to beat it. final boss is crazy

[quote name='Cmosfm']List them as "box only" and in the listing state that this is just for the BOX ONLY for collectors, that you aren't allowed to include the darts according the ebay rules. Then people will message you asking to buy it with the darts.

Granted, that's if you have the box...[/QUOTE]

Excellent suggestion!

I started to clean them (just dish soap and a paper towel) and realized I should do a before:

Cleaning helped a little:

The shafts would need some work . . . here's the back and instructions:

May cause fatal injuries . . . yeah! Sorry, in advance, about the following rant but . . .

I love the fact that they were made in Ohio . . . this is before the working-class was completely sold out by the capitalist class. Oh that's right, they're the "job creators" . . . who need even bigger tax cuts so they can invest more money in creating jobs (overseas of course). What a joke! The effective tax rates on the wealthy were double what they are now at the time that these darts were made . . . right here in the US. And the average wealthy person had to be "satisfied" earning 10 times what the average worker earned . . . not the 1000 times that they do today. And, we might elect one of their ranks as president?

first find

nintendo ds lite w/ 2 games & case - $10, they had two games showing on the out of the game, grabbed it and asked how much, they probably thought it was just the two games and the case. bought it quickly. was scratch on ds lite but it didnt effect gameplay
they had a gba for $10 but i passed on it

1B0B0EB5-A76F-8DA3-5C33F57C7A797617.jpg

next find
fat ps2, all hook ups, no controller
ps1 games -
street fghter ex2 plus
road rash 3d
dexters lap
spyro 2
oddworld
the simpsons wrestling

$12

1B0C6ABF-0EFE-923D-C17A39E2E4FC7506.jpg

my cousin's find from same yard sale
2 gaming rocker chairs - 5 ea

next find from different house

battlearena toshiden 2 long box
turok 2
n64 game shark
sealed madcatz gamecube controller

free - these were $4, since my cousin was buying some chairs and funiture, they threw it in for free

1B0DCAEB-CB3F-C671-AA1F30DAAF91ED2C.jpg

mario golf, mario kart 64, zelda majro's mask $3 ea
C35DC994-ED4A-BD95-795432C06C77C428.jpg

This was lot was $5
1B0F5A22-E45F-6FD0-034419404640B472.jpg

M.A.S.H vodka distiller - $2.99
1B1099ED-B297-9270-8AFD5446FC20EC7B.jpg

This was lot was $5
1B0F5A22-E45F-6FD0-034419404640B472.jpg

[quote name='Animal7390']the game is impossible without cheating and even with it, i couldnt figure out how to beat it. final boss is crazy[/QUOTE]
To be honest, I didn't even come close to getting that far. I couldn't last more than a couple of levels. But that reminds me of Bio Freaks...I don't know how it's possible for anyone to beat the final boss in that game without a GameShark. Even with one, I thought it was a pain in the ass.

[quote name='ZombieToast']To be honest, I didn't even come close to getting that far. I couldn't last more than a couple of levels. But that reminds me of Bio Freaks...I don't know how it's possible for anyone to beat the final boss in that game without a GameShark. Even with one, I thought it was a pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]
I own that game! I haven't played it in 10 years or so.

I my get the Xena game if I can find some tradeables for it.

[quote name='slowdive21']6-2-12 finds, yeah that's right. I told you I am behind!

[/QUOTE]

Dang it, I just bought that gamecube gameboy player disc for like $23 shipped, would have rather got it from a forum member.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']Dang it, I just bought that gamecube gameboy player disc for like $23 shipped, would have rather got it from a forum member.[/QUOTE]

You got a good deal. I used sell them for $35-$40 on ebay ;).

Forum member trades are always difficult since people see what I pay for stuff.

Can't believe they're worth that much. I guess it's one of those things where you either need it or you don't. Same with Wavebird receivers.

The game boy player is a must-have accessory IMO.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']Dang it, I just bought that gamecube gameboy player disc for like $23 shipped, would have rather got it from a forum member.[/QUOTE]
I was lucky enough to pick one up at GameStop for $5 a few months back. Thankfully we don't have a lot serious gamers around here, so I was able to snag the only one in town.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I was lucky enough to pick one up at GameStop for $5 a few months back. Thankfully we don't have a lot serious gamers around here, so I was able to snag the only one in town.[/QUOTE]

Wha? They dropped to $5? I bought a few GBP when they were $10.

[quote name='Olengie']My Gameboy Player Disc is actually valuable? Thanks for the info guys! I'm glad my family didn't throw it out then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you need it to play the games. It spins in the GC.

*I should clarify, I would sell complete GBP for $35-$40, now they seem to sell closer to $50

[quote name='slowdive21']Wha? They dropped to $5? I bought a few GBP when they were $10.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I guess I remembered that incorrectly...I just looked up the old thread about it and they were indeed $10. Still a damn good deal, though.

[quote name='boyboy1080']M.A.S.H vodka distiller - $2.99
1B1099ED-B297-9270-8AFD5446FC20EC7B.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the extra stuff . . . I love the MASH bottle!

This is most of my CD lot from Sat.

It's mostly 50s and 60s rock--some OOP releases. 140ish CDs with listing value (on Amazon) around
$1,300. They range from $4-$50 in value. Paid $120.

I don't think I'll ever have a videogame find of this magnitude but I can do this with from time to time with CDs or DVDs.

[quote name='TiKi2']Crows you have the logic of a retarded ape.
[/QUOTE]

does this mean you are no longer ignoring me?

[quote name='TiKi2'] Doesn't matter anyways I have to ignore since you can't seem to read.
[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol:

[quote name='schultzed']This is most of my CD lot from Sat.

It's mostly 50s and 60s rock--some OOP releases. 140ish CDs with listing value (on Amazon) around

I don't think I'll ever have a videogame find of this magnitude but I can do this with from time to time with CDs or DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Who owns these types of CDs anyhow--older people, out of work college professors? I've found some sizable collections from ex-radio DJs before, but it was all 50 cents each to wherehouse.com flips, nothing on the level of what you find.

[quote name='schultzed']

I don't think I'll ever have a videogame find of this magnitude but I can do this with from time to time with CDs or DVDs.[/QUOTE]

how do you know what is worth it, i have foudn alot of collections like this and have passed as they look like cheap collections.

[quote name='Animal7390']how do you know what is worth it, i have foudn alot of collections like this and have passed as they look like cheap collections.[/QUOTE]

same with me, I figure most cds are pretty worthless nowadays, guess I have to start looking up some cd prices :)

I have a tool for looking up prices :) I won't go into details but you can PM me if you want to converse.

Actually, I could've played the whole thing better . . . and in hindsight I would do it differently.

There was supposed to be a neighborhood-wide thing but it was 2 houses. The first looked promising because there was a lot of visible technology (but all junk) and I could see some DK bongos. I found a copy of Mario Kart wii and SMB wii and asked . . . guy said "$20" . . . I said for the pair . . . no each :whistle2:( He was gonna call the seller and see if he'd take $30 for the pair and I walked over to the other house.

Looked like just another crappy sale until I got in the garage and saw a few bigger boxes of CDs (maybe 500 total). It's true that most CDs are nearly worthless but my heart started beating when I saw Rhino logos (a very good sign) and saw the band names. CDs (and most other media) follow a pretty simple pattern . . . the more popular a title is, the more that are made, the greater the supply . . . eventually the prices collapse. For instance, "Shades of Grey" is a good flip right now . . . used copies sell for $6.99 and they sell witnin an hour. Next year they will be .01.

My mistake, is that there was one other buyer . . . this older woman. As I started pulling titles, she started pulling too . . . I increased her interest. Ultimately, she seemed to think better and put a bunch back . . . it looked like she bought about 20 and left before me. What I should've done is sized it all up . . . waited out the shopper (no one else was interested) and offered $200 for all . . . maybe ending up at $250.

I was in a bit of a hurry (promised I'd be home by 10 am and it was after 9 am) and I bet I missed some value anyway. The lower value ones would probably still trade in fairly well at some store and I would've been better off.

The other thing that happened, is that as a pulled . . . the seller started to box them up for me . . . I would've preferred to review them but she was being nice . . .

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Who owns these types of CDs anyhow--older people, out of work college professors? [/QUOTE]

Do you mean retired?

One of the seller's said the magic words . . . "these were my uncle's CDs." He died 2 years ago . . . and I can see that there is no way he would've given these up while living :) This is the kind of thing that I long for. A dead hoarder :whistle2:0

His widow was also there and I complimented her (sincerely) on his taste. This guy loved the music and sought out the unusual. He probably bought 2 a week for years. It was just his thing. Plus, the discs are all minty fresh which will make listing them a breeze (when I can get to it). I'll try to post another pic of some fronts later.

[quote name='robwhois']same with me, I figure most cds are pretty worthless nowadays, guess I have to start looking up some cd prices :)[/QUOTE]

I usually stick to hard rock and metal; stuff like Led Zep, AC/DC, Tool, Nightwish--you're usually safe paying 50 each for these complete and in nice shape. It's niche enough (yet popular) that most music stores have no problem selling these, and will pay anywhere from $1-4 each depending on the title.

I dunno what is gonna happen to all my stuff when I die, it will probably get thrown out, or else I will die alone in a house a happy hoarder and no one will even know about it, as my only brethren will be my cousins, whom I will likely lose contact with as soon as they are grown and gone, I don't want kids and refuse to have them, especially since my children would just wait for me to die so they could get all my money and stuff as does every other child in my family. This would be fine and all, but I don't think my hypothetical children would care about any of this old stuff anyways, they would probably just get a dumpster and throw it all out. My cousins will probably be old by that time and they won't want to deal with any of it anyways.

does anyone know if the SNES will play a game if there is no controller connected? Im about to pick one up with everything besides a controller and want to test to see if it works

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']does anyone know if the SNES will play a game if there is no controller connected? Im about to pick one up with everything besides a controller and want to test to see if it works[/QUOTE]

Yes, the main menu should pop up. Make sure the pin for the A/C plug in on the back is not loose, that's one of the biggest problems for the SNES.

bread's done
Back