Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

why wouldn't bama be number 1? Bama beat 5-1 #22 team pretty good, florida barely beat an unranked team and clearly had refs calling in the their favor.

edit : and it was at the swamp!

Im not saying that the refs werent shitty...but regardless of that..those calls didnt affect the 2 missed fg's that would have won the game.

[quote name='munch']Auburn stinks. We're 6-6 and will get drilled by the rest of our SEC opponents.[/QUOTE]

I really thought Auburn looked good despite the first 5 teams they played this year, but everything has just fallen apart these past two weeks. We lost to a team that hasn't beaten us in 43 years. Unless something changes and changes fast, I don't see us winning any other games except Furman.

Sadly, I don't think anything can be really be done on defense. We're just so thin with nobody to back up our guys. Offensively, the guys need to pick up the pace. Tate and Adams still played excellent, but something needs to be done for the rest of the offense.

[quote name='munch']The Notre Dame song is dangerously close.[/QUOTE]
The difference is Notre Dame doesn't play it after every frickin' play.

[quote name='pimpster4183']why wouldn't bama be number 1? Bama beat 5-1 #22 team pretty good, florida barely beat an unranked team and clearly had refs calling in the their favor.

edit : and it was at the swamp![/QUOTE]

Because 'Bama can't seem to find the end zone the past two weeks and the passing game has gradually worsened. If somebody can stop Alabama's run game then they would be easily beatable. On the plus side Ingram did have an epic game tonight.

Nice to see WVU back in the rankings at 22 in the AP and Coaches Poll after beating Marshall 24-7 to go to 5-1.

I didn't expect that this week, figured they'd need to beat UCONN next week and get to 6-1 to crack the rankings.

Hopefully Jarrett Brown is ok and good to go next week. Geno Smith played well, but you never want to have to rely on a true freshman QB for long stretches. Especially heading into the meat of the conference schedule.

The OSU offense is offensive that game was embarrassing. Last 3 games of the regular season have me nervous Penn State, Iowa, and the state up north.

WVU pulls out a 28-24 win over UCONN on a late 50 yard TD run by Noel Devine to move to 6-1.

Elsewhere in the Big East, Pitt stomped USF 41-14. WVU gets USF on Friday night on the road. Hopefully that losses crushed their spirit rather than has them fired up and out for blood.

Alabama survives 12-10 by blocking a 44 yard field goal attempt as time expired.

Miami up 34-31 on Clemson with a bit over a minute to go with Clemson driving.

BC just got a first down on a 4th and 17 to keep their chances alive. Down 20-16 to ND with a bit over 2 mins to play.

Some great games at the moment!

Edit: ND gets a pick and wins. Clemson-Miami is going to OT.

Wow. Iowa just won on a short TD pass on the final play of the game to stay unbeaten.

TCU is beating the crap out of BYU. Looks like they and Boise will run the table. Will be interesting to see if they both make BCS games.

[quote name='munch']I'm disappointed with the outcome of that game. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how Bama won. They should have lost, but I went from mad/nervous to giddy like a school girl in a 10 second span. The game has been coined "Rocky Block" already.

[quote name='munch']I'm disappointed with the outcome of that game. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I kind of wished I had watched that game instead of the Auburn game. At least me and my Tennessee co-worker will have something decent to discuss this coming Monday...

I'm not sure what to say about Auburn at this point, but our offense, Tate aside, is sputtering. I'd almost rather see us try and give Neil Caudle some experience since we're most likely going to lose 3 of our next 4 games anyway.

On a side note, I'm getting even more tired of the BCS crap this season. The past three weeks have all been about who's on top. We're just now halfway through the season and every game I have to hear how great Alabama/Florida is. I just want to sit down and watch some damn football and not worry about the post-season until it's somewhat relevant.

Finally Ole Miss plays like a decent team. I was getting worried, but if we keep playing like we did saturday we should finish the season very well. With us playing that good and Auburn playing bad now, I have a feeling we'll be winning that game next saturday.

I'm pretty tired of hearing about how great Florida and Alabama are too, mainly because they're not. I keep expecting to watch a Florida / Alabama game and see them beat the crap out of these non ranked teams they're playing, yet every week it looks like they barely pull out the win.

I'm even more tired of hearing about LSU because they seem even worse than Florida and Alabama. I'm interested to see the LSU / Alabama game to find out which is the better of the two. They both are playing Mediocre at best. I have a feeling Alabama will win this one similar to the Florida / LSU game.

I hope not! Go WVU!

Big game. Really not sure how good we are. 6-1 (and beat our selves at Auburn) but we haven't played anyone, so this road game at USF is the first real test and should give a better inkling of whether we have any chance against Cincy and Pitt.

Yep, it was the weak schedule. WVU isn't that good again this year. Pass defense and offensive line suck.

Congrats to the Bulls. Their D-line was dominate and Daniels is a stud at QB.

Thanks, dmaul I wish we let BJ play loose in the 2 previous games. WVU needs to put Noel at Wr more to match him up against linebackers and etc

The refs in Cincy/Syracuse are really sensitive today. Largely, I admit, to Cincy's advantage.

dmaul, it's a shame Cincy/WVU is the week after ASC, otherwise we could drink beers and heckle each other in a not-online fashion. But it's cool, since we both know Cincy will roll over the Mountaineers anyway. ;)

Yeah, with WVUs non-existent pass defense, the Cincy game will be a rough one this year. Especially if Pike is back.

I really don't think WVU will get back to the 2005-2007 levels of 11 win seasons and top 10 finishes with Bill Stewart at coach. Stupid, emotional hire after the Fiesta Bowl win over Oklahoma.

Curse your straightforward thinking ways - sports fans are supposed to be emotionally irrational and determinedly combative!

Or, at least, that's what I learned from watching the Bengals and seeing one winning season in about 2 decades.

Too true. I stay off sports forums for the most part for just that reason. No place for realist fans on their--all homers with a few on the other end who are negative nancies and always trashing their team.

[quote name='munch']Ole Miss is going to destroy Auburn this weekend: mark it. Whatever the spread is, take Ole Miss.[/QUOTE]

ouch, didn't happen

[quote name='billyrox']anyone watching the game tonight... TN is destroying USC[/QUOTE]

Please refer to South Carolina as South Carolina. We all know that USC really is for Southern Cal

I should have watched more of the UM/Wake game this weekend. How the hell did they pull that one off? At least the Gators played decently.

Way to go Weis, Notre Dame hadn't lost to Navy for over 40 years then you roll into town and pull it off twice! I love how ESPN keeps saying "That ends Notre Dame's BCS hopes..." As an Irish fan I knew going into this season there was no way we were BCS ready. I was just hoping for 7 wins and a so-so bowl. If this team actually made a BCS game they'd get slaughtered.

I find it absolutely amazing that with an Arizona win over Oregon and a Ohio State win over Iowa, we'll be looking at another USC/OSU Rose Bowl matchup. No one would dare pick Arizona over USC.

WVU eeked out a 17-9 win over Louisville.

Just not a very good team despite the 7-2 record. These last three games @Cincy, Pitt and @ Rutgers aren't going to be pretty....

USC just gets me desperate every game. Yea I miss those blowout games and dominating performances, but now it's like they can't even hold on to the ball or make consistent drives to eat up clock and put up points. It's either 3 and out or a huge play for a score, and a lot more of the former.

Cincy gave me a heart attack last night. WVU may have a shot, but I'm hoping UC's defense gets back to where they were during the first 8 games this season.

Some interesting games yesterday Uconn gave Cincy all they could handle. LSU vs Bama was a fight the whole way. OSU actually looked good against Penn State and could win the Big Ten if they beat Iowa this week. Iowa loses their starting QB and takes their first loss to NW. Oregon forgot Stanford is good and nearly got routed. That Jahvid Best injury was horriifying, hope he is okay.

No_INT.gif

even if they gave that interception to LSU, they wouldn't have done shit. They were wore out by then. They looked terrible in the 4th quarter.

edit - and besides that interception call, Bama has not received any shady calls in their favor like Florida has.

bread's done
Back