Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

fucking Michigan! Good game, bad finish!

The Irish blew their chance at the end. If they would've converted that wide open first down they probably could have run out the clock.

[quote name='KingBroly']Michigan blows it again. HUZZAH![/QUOTE]

If you have learned anything from College Football that it isn't over until the clock runs out. Michigan had a great comeback with a minute left. That is why they play the games.

Weis now is 2-3 versus Michigan and Norte Dame's national championship hopes have been dashed. Sorry, Lou Holtz but Weis sucks.

I feel sad for OSU for losing today against Houston.

[quote name='Chitown021']fucking Michigan! Good game, bad finish!

The Irish blew their chance at the end. If they would've converted that wide open first down they probably could have run out the clock.[/QUOTE]

Norte Dame gave the game away towards the end when they kept dropping passes they should have caught. I'm happy cause I don't like Norte Dame anyway.

Now, to see Ohio State get spanked by USC.

WVU woke up and won 35-20.

Next week @ Auburn is a big game for how our season will go.

As much as I hate Coach Rodriguez for the way he left WVU, I hate Notre Dame even more and was rooting like Hell for Michigan late in that game. Glad to see them pull it out!

[quote name='munch']Not that anyone cares, but I've found this site that is showing the Auburn/Ms. State game tonight. If you're shit out of luck due to this ESPN thing with the SEC you might want to poke around here.

http://www.justin.tv/hockeyzone99[/QUOTE]

It's on Fox Sports South here in Atlanta.

dude, fsu wont beat BYU. Byu is a pretty damn good team this year.

secondly, OSU is doing a hellva a lot better than i expected..they better not make it into the national championship again

Yeah OSU is hanging on much better than I expected....unfortunately.

Also, I PM'd Linking to try to get the my thread merged with this one...if it doesn't happen by tomorrow I'll just delete my thread so we don't have simultaneous college football threads.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah OSU is hanging on much better than I expected....unfortunately.

Also, I PM'd Linking to try to get the my thread merged with this one...if it doesn't happen by tomorrow I'll just delete my thread so we don't have simultaneous college football threads.[/QUOTE]

gotcha, i keep wondering why it hadn't been combined yet.. appreciate you keeping it more organized. ... btw, congrats on wvu's win today

[quote name='billyrox']holy shit Michigan won! and damn, UT has a terrible quarterback[/QUOTE]

Dude , I hope your not talking about University Texas QB Colt McCoy.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Dude , I hope your not talking about University Texas QB Colt McCoy.[/QUOTE]

dude, i'm talking about the UT with a shitty QB

Alabama had another horrible first half. They were losing 14-13 to Florida International wtf. Hopefully we become better at kickoffs and our cb's learn how to defend properly.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']OSU can never fucking seal the deal with the big boys. Ever. God dammit.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, they don't play against real teams anymore.

Also, timestamps people. You need to check them.

[quote name='moonknight25']FSU is losing to JACKSONVILLE STATE in the fourth quarter.....how the fuck they expect to beat byu and us (usf) the next few weeks lol[/QUOTE]

I thought to myself watching it, "If we lose, I will not watch us play anytime this year." Based on last night's game, BYU could post 50+ pts on us. As for USF, we should win that one... though based on these recent performances it will be a close game.

:rofl: This is hilarious:

auburnblueshirt.gif

#10 Boise State vs Fresno St

Boise State looked like they were gonna blow out Fresno after the first quarter but Fresno State's Ryan Mathews just had 2 rushing tds one for 60yards and another for 69yards.
Game is almost at half...starting to look like an interesting game.

Boise only up 24-17

Some shitty calls in the Notre Dame game so far. I don't see how they didn't overturn the incomplete call on Floyd in the endzone a little bit ago.

USC drops the huge upset game they always do, losing 16-13 to Washington.

VT just scored a TD withn 21 seconds left to likely beat Nebraska.

[quote name='munch']How do you like your chances tonight, dmaul? And explain couch burning to me.[/QUOTE]

I think the games a straight toss up. WVU has a lot more balance on offense now, having a great passing QB who can still run the ball as well, along with having Noel Devine at RB still. But Auburn looks much better. Key is whether WVU can stop your running game and handling the crowd noise--especially our young offensive line.

Couch burning is just like any of the stupid college student post game celebrations. Basically just a bonfire, but kids burn a couch in the yard (along with other stuff). I never saw it happen my 4 years there--I know it did I just never lived in that part of town.

And wow, Michigan State's QB is going to be horribly unpopular on campus this week. Over throws a WR who was open by 20 yards in the endzone, and then throws an INT on the next throw--when at the worst they had a chip shot field goal to tie the game.:bomb:

Whew, I thought Notre Dame was going to lose on a last second touchdown for the second week in a row!. ND wins, the University of Spoiled Children loses, this is much better than last Saturday!

[quote name='dmaul1114']USC drops the huge upset game they always do, losing 16-13 to Washington.[/QUOTE]
Maybe if they knew how to hold a football they would have won by double digits.

We also got to see why Barkley got the starting position over Korp. How do you underthrow a wide open receiver 10 yards with your feet planted and with no pressure?

Props to Washington though, I'm sure they've missed celebrating wins :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently there are severe storms around Auburn and the game may be delayed a bit (start 30 minutes after the last lightning strike within 5 miles).

We conditions could give the edge to Auburn as that usually favors teams that pound it on the ground vs pass happy teams which WVU has been in it's first two games.

Edit: Yep...coverage is on now. Pouring rain, and it is indeed delayed until 30 minutes after the last lighting strike. Announcers say it's at least an hour away from getting started.

21-20 WVU at the half. Fell apart in the 2nd. Turning point was getting an INT, and then throwing one of our own right after deep in Auburn territory. Instead of stretching the lead they marched it down field for a TD and stole all the momentum. :bomb:

[quote name='ph33r m3']Jake Locker.

Heisman 2010-2011 Winner. Remember the name.[/QUOTE]

Really need to be wearing a red jersey to win one of those in the Pac-10.

WVU just melted down after the early start. 5 INTS and a fumble gave away any chance of winning.

Oh well. They had no shot at a title and I had them at 9-3 with this as one of the losses going into the year.

Hope they can bounce back and make a good effort at winning the Big East and getting back to a BCS bowl.

Congrats munch! (and any other AU fans).

dmaul, I was surprised (and pissed :lol:) at how fast WV's offensive line was, Auburn was missing tackles left and right and could not seem to pin down Brown. Of course, I also think Brown played very dangerously which helped with the 6 forced turnovers, I'm kind of surprised we didn't get more. I hate these stressful games, but I'm glad Auburn came out on top. If Auburn can get the defense to stop playing butterfingers, I expect we'll do well in the rest of the season.

I do expect WV will bounce back, Brown just needs to clean up a bit.

That was a great game. Your QB is amazing. Despite the turnovers, of course. He'd start anywhere in the country. And you guys completely shut down our running game. It's good to know that Todd can make passes when we need him too. Great game all around, IMO. Both teams were evenly matched, and they both have problems that need to be addressed.

My Hokies need to get rid of Stinespring at offensive coordinator. The VA Tech offense is pure shit and has been for years. I know Beamer is loyal to him, but he is what has held Tech back from being a national title contender year in and out.

That win today was one of the most "directly pulled from the ass" things I have ever seen.

[quote name='lordopus99']Good to see that FSU came to fight tonight against BYU. Hopefully our lopsided win puts us back into the Top 25[/QUOTE]

I hope so too! Higher rank for USF after next week ;)

[quote name='munch']That was a great game. Your QB is amazing. Despite the turnovers, of course. He'd start anywhere in the country. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a shame he had this misfortune of being stuck behind Pat White and can only play one year. He's a great talent, but made the types of mistakes you get with a first year QB despite being a 5th year senior--throwing into double coverage, throwing overhand and too hard on the shovel passes that were picked etc.

Well i guess the mountain west may not show its stuff as well as i was hoping, but either way my horned frogs are still undefeated. Big test against Clemson next week...

bread's done
Back