Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

[quote name='pimpinc333']:rofl:

My Gators win yet again. Tebow and Harvin are beasts.[/quote]

You can think what you want, Alabama played Florida the closest this season, Alabama had a home game vs Utah, and got their shit run outta the stadium.

Oh yeah they're undefeated too.

[quote name='ph33r m3']You can think what you want, Alabama played Florida the closest this season, Alabama had a home game vs Utah, and got their shit run outta the stadium.

Oh yeah they're undefeated too.[/QUOTE]

actually ole miss played florida the closest considering we won.

[quote name='ph33r m3']You can think what you want, Alabama played Florida the closest this season, Alabama had a home game vs Utah, and got their shit run outta the stadium.

Oh yeah they're undefeated too.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Oh yeah they're undefeated too.[/quote]

hahahaha... this is why we need playoff.. would love to see Tebow dropkick Utah fans in the nuts

Utah would not have as good as a record as Florida if they were in the SEC...sorry guys enjoy your #2 spot

The REAL winners of this bowl season:

swoosh.gif

[quote name='billyrox']hahahaha... this is why we need playoff.. would love to see Tebow dropkick Utah fans in the nuts

Utah would not have as good as a record as Florida if they were in the SEC...sorry guys enjoy your #2 spot[/QUOTE]

exactly. same goes to OSU. went to the championship twice, lost twice. (back to back)

I dont follow college sports but have a quick questions.

How many of you actually went to the colleges you follow?

[quote name='HuBu']exactly. same goes to OSU. went to the championship twice, lost twice. (back to back)[/quote]

Since the induction of the BCS in 1998: 5 SEC Champions..... and thats not including the undefeated SEC Auburn team who got shafted by an anemic Oklahoma team to play against USC...

Tennessee 98
LSU
Florida 06
LSU 07
Florida 08

[quote name='Soodmeg']I dont follow college sports but have a quick questions.

How many of you actually went to the colleges you follow?[/QUOTE]

c/o 2005

How many of you actually went to the colleges you follow?[/quote]

I think most of the diehard fans either 1. went to the school or 2. followed the team as a kid.

however, all SEC fans band together to cheer the SEC champions once the Bowls hit... representing our conference!

I did!

Final AP poll Rank Team Record Pts Pvs 1. Florida (48) 13-1 1,606 1 2. Utah (16) 13-0 1,519 7 3. Southern Cal (1) 12-1 1,481 5 4. Texas 12-1 1,478 3 5. Oklahoma 12-2 1,391 2 6. Alabama 12-2 1,264 4 7. TCU 11-2 1,193 11 8. Penn St. 11-2 1,153 6 9. Ohio St. 10-3 1,013 10 10. Oregon 10-3 997 15 11. Boise St. 12-1 938 9 12. Texas Tech 11-2 916 8 13. Georgia 10-3 903 16 14. Mississippi 9-4 857 20 15. Virginia Tech 10-4 713 21 16. Oklahoma St. 9-4 534 13 17. Cincinnati 11-3 506 12 18. Oregon St. 9-4 467 24 19. Missouri 10-4 435 25 20. Iowa 9-4 317 -- 21. Florida St. 9-4 246 -- 22. Georgia Tech 9-4 223 14 23. West Virginia 9-4 144 -- 24. Michigan St. 9-4 138 19 25. BYU 10-3 137 17 Others receiving votes: California 128, Pittsburgh 106, LSU 95, Nebraska 64, Tulsa 61, Northwestern 53, Ball St. 13, Boston College 11, Rutgers 11, Rice 8, Arizona 4, Kansas 2.

Final AP poll
Rank Team Record Pts Pvs
1. Florida (48) 13-1 1,606 1
2. Utah (16) 13-0 1,519 7
3. Southern Cal (1) 12-1 1,481 5
4. Texas 12-1 1,478 3
5. Oklahoma 12-2 1,391 2
6. Alabama 12-2 1,264 4
7. TCU 11-2 1,193 11
8. Penn St. 11-2 1,153 6
9. Ohio St. 10-3 1,013 10
10. Oregon 10-3 997 15
11. Boise St. 12-1 938 9
12. Texas Tech 11-2 916 8
13. Georgia 10-3 903 16
14. Mississippi 9-4 857 20
15. Virginia Tech 10-4 713 21
16. Oklahoma St. 9-4 534 13
17. Cincinnati 11-3 506 12
18. Oregon St. 9-4 467 24
19. Missouri 10-4 435 25
20. Iowa 9-4 317 --
21. Florida St. 9-4 246 --
22. Georgia Tech 9-4 223 14
23. West Virginia 9-4 144 --
24. Michigan St. 9-4 138 19
25. BYU 10-3 137 17
Others receiving votes: California 128, Pittsburgh 106, LSU 95, Nebraska 64, Tulsa 61, Northwestern 53, Ball St. 13, Boston College 11, Rutgers 11, Rice 8, Arizona 4, Kansas 2.

I am

Currently go to ASU.....so i'm down with the Sun Devil....

Jevean fuckin' Snead raped Florida @ Florida...I cringe to think what Brian Johnson of Utah would do....

No one else excited for College Football!

Today's slate of games starts in 15 minutes. WVU, my team, should get an easy win starting with D-1A (or FCS now I guess) Liberty.

Some good games later on with VT-Alabama, Georgia-Oklahoma St. and Oklahoma-BYU.

And of course Thursday had Boise State beating Oregon, and Oregon's RB sucker punching a Boise player who taunted him after the game and thus getting suspended for the season.

[quote name='pimpster4183']Two words - ROLL TIDE[/QUOTE]

This is a legit question: Did you go the University of Alabama?

Auburn can turn it around after WVU thumps them again. :D

In all seriousness, I like you guys in that one. Too much inexperience for WVU to win at Auburn.

So far today the Offense looks great, especially Brown at QB. Defense is terrible though. 17-10 WVU in the second.

And who cares if he went to Alabama? Plenty of people grow up rooting for a team and don't end up going to school there.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Auburn can turn it around after WVU thumps them again. :D

In all seriousness, I like you guys in that one. Too much inexperience for WVU to win at Auburn.

So far today the Offense looks great, especially Brown at QB. Defense is terrible though. 17-10 WVU in the second.

And who cares if he went to Alabama? Plenty of people grow up rooting for a team and don't end up going to school there.[/QUOTE]

You just don't understand.

I'm sure it's annoying being an Auburn fan, but Alabama is the main state school and has the bigger following. People in the state grow up rooting for them in greater numbers than the do Auburn regardless of whether they go to Alabama. Where as a larger portion of Auburn fans are probably Alums.

I just hate when people think anyone who didn't go to a school is some bandwagon fan.

I was a WVU fan since I was old enough to care about sports as my parents are die hard fans (and neither of them went to college period)--I went there, but would have went out of state for college if my parents could have afforded it.

Last edited by a moderator:
forgot to bump the original thread last night... was late 3 hrs and a new thread was already made by our good man dmaul...can a mod combine?

Yeesh. Beating Liberty 33-20 doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

On the plus the offense looked good--having to settle for 4 field goals and keeping the point total down aside.

Brown was 19/26 for 247 yards with no INTs and also ran for 69 yards and a TD, while Devine ran for 116 yards and a TD.

But the defense was straight terrible giving up 298 yards, 15 first downs and 20 points to and FCS team, and the kick off coverage was awful just like it was all last year.

Next two weeks will tell how the season goes with East Carolina (who dominated us last year) at home next week and at Auburn in two weeks.

Good question. I'm not a big fan of college sports, and don't really pay attention to any of the "big schools". But I do follow my alma mater, Appalachian State. Not that many people will care, but they went into Eastern Carolina today without their star Senior QB (Armanti Edwards), stunk up the first 2 1/2 quarters, and found themselves down 29-7, thanks to lazy defense and poor play from backup DeAndre Pressley.

Then, they bring in Sophomore transfer, Travaris Cadet, who sparks the entire team, and leads Appalachian back to 29-24 with 3:29 to play. App's defense shuts ECU down on the next possession, forcing them to punt with 2:00 left. App marches down the field, getting as close as ECU's 40. Then, on a 4th and 10, Cadet scrambles back and forth across the field and throws a pass just out of the reach of wideout CoCo Hillary.

Heartbreaking loss, but an amazing comeback and pretty impressive against an FBS school, without even having your star QB. The difference in the team with Cadet at the helm over Pressley was night and day. I think they would have won if Cadet had played the whole game. And if Armanti had been able to play, they definitely would have won. If only App had the size and as many scholarships as other schools, they'd really be able to do some damage.

[quote name='billyrox']forgot to bump the original thread last night... was late 3 hrs and a new thread was already made by our good man dmaul...can a mod combine?[/QUOTE]

My bad, did a quick search and didn't see this thread. I reported mine and asked the mods to merge it here.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'm sure it's annoying being an Auburn fan, but Alabama is the main state school and has the bigger following. People in the state grow up rooting for them in greater numbers than the do Auburn regardless of whether they go to Alabama. Where as a larger portion of Auburn fans are probably Alums.

I just hate when people think anyone who didn't go to a school is some bandwagon fan.

I was a WVU fan since I was old enough to care about sports as my parents are die hard fans (and neither of them went to college period)--I went there, but would have went out of state for college if my parents could have afforded it.[/QUOTE]

Being an Auburn fan isn't annoying at all. It's great, one of the best things that ever happened to me. It's having to deal with redneck Alabama fans and their mythical national championships that is the problem. It's not the quantity of the fans that is the problem, it's the quality.

Going further, the majority of the people I am talking about have never stepped foot in Tuscaloosa county on a weekday , nor can they spell Tuscaloosa. If you're not from Alabama you just don't understand.

I'm meant that Alabama fans have to be annoying being an Auburn fan--not that being an Auburn fan was annoying!

I get it totally. But Alabama is the state school, it's going to get the majority of fans in the state, and there is nothing wrong with rooting for a team when you didn't go to the school, or have never been near the campus. People can root for whoever they like. Out of my pro teams for instance, the Braves are the only one I've ever lived remotely near--and that's only since July.

Plenty of reason to hate Bama fans. Not going to Bama or having ties to the school (beyond it being the state school) isn't a good one was my point. :D That's just the way it is with the main state school. More people in GA are going to root for UGA than Georgia Tech. In OK more for Oklahoma than Oklahoma State.....more for Texas than Texas Tech or Texas A&M. Plenty of reason to hate fans rather than caring whether they went to the school or not. It's just what most people grow up rooting for because it's who their parents rooted for etc.

And I'm damn glad I'm not from Bama. I fucking hate the south. I love Atlanta though, but it's the only place I'd ever consider living anywhere in the south. It feels like a more laid back version of a northeast city to me.

The endings of the OSU VS Navy and UNI VS Iowa games were letdowns. The QB for Navy should have just pulled it down and ran it in as he had a really nice lane open up. As for UNI, no matter how bad you are, you should be able to at least be able to not let them block 2 field goals in a row.

Though I like Harnish, can't wait to watch the Huskies get stomped on by the Badgers

[quote name='dmaul1114']My bad, did a quick search and didn't see this thread. I reported mine and asked the mods to merge it here.[/QUOTE]

its all good man, how was Wvu today? Currently watching the Ga OSU game

Not great. Won 33-20 against Liberty. Offense looked good, especially Brown at QB, other than settling for FGs on 3 drives when they were pretty deep in Liberty territory. But the defense and kick off coverage were pretty crappy.

I'm watching UGA-OSU as well.

It will be amusing to see how much Ohio State gets crushed by USC next week. My parents are going to the game, my dad's boss gave him tickets. It'll be their first Ohio State game and they are both very excited (OSU is my alma mater), so I'm sure they'll love it even though OSU will lose very badly.

As a side note, I never went to a game in my 4 years there. I'm just not a sports person, though I do follow the OSU (and Michigan :lol:) scores every football season just to be in the loop.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']It will be amusing to see how much Ohio State gets crushed by USC next week. My parents are going to the game, my dad's boss gave him tickets. It'll be their first Ohio State game and they are both very excited (OSU is my alma mater), so I'm sure they'll love it even though OSU will lose very badly.

As a side note, I never went to a game in my 4 years there. I'm just not a sports person, though I do follow the OSU (and Michigan :lol:) scores every football season just to be in the loop.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah, i'll definitely watch that game next week too. OSU games are awesome fun to go to especially tailgating beforehand. Make sure they go to Champs while they are in town :) love it

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'm meant that Alabama fans have to be annoying being an Auburn fan--not that being an Auburn fan was annoying!

I get it totally. But Alabama is the state school, it's going to get the majority of fans in the state, and there is nothing wrong with rooting for a team when you didn't go to the school, or have never been near the campus. People can root for whoever they like. Out of my pro teams for instance, the Braves are the only one I've ever lived remotely near--and that's only since July.

Plenty of reason to hate Bama fans. Not going to Bama or having ties to the school (beyond it being the state school) isn't a good one was my point. :D That's just the way it is with the main state school. More people in GA are going to root for UGA than Georgia Tech. In OK more for Oklahoma than Oklahoma State.....more for Texas than Texas Tech or Texas A&M. Plenty of reason to hate fans rather than caring whether they went to the school or not. It's just what most people grow up rooting for because it's who their parents rooted for etc.

And I'm damn glad I'm not from Bama. I fucking hate the south. I love Atlanta though, but it's the only place I'd ever consider living anywhere in the south. It feels like a more laid back version of a northeast city to me.[/QUOTE]

And being from Miami, I hate Sabin even more.

I don't know if anybody heard about it but Stillman College a small college here in Tuscaloosa had to cancel its football game because of an outbreak of the flu and swine flu throughout the team.

[quote name='scuba t']Alabama had a rough first 3 quarters. They can't beat the SEC with field goals.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that Virginia Tech has one of the best defenses in the nation... Alabama will easily go straight to the SEC Title game with Florida. The rest of the conference will be eaten alive by both schools. This year the SEC is top heavy (unlike previous years where all teams were good) with Alabama and Florida running the table.

As for the SEC... let's break down the season so far... LSU almost lost to PAC-10 bottom feeder Washington (who was 0-12 last year)... South Carolina looked like crap vs ACC bottom feeder NC State (defense had nothing to do with poor play on both teams)... OK State took down Georgia... And the rest of the conference set up with cupcake teams such as Charleston Southern, Jackson St, Western Kentucky, and the list goes on.

On an SEC side note: Can Florida play a true competitive school besides Florida St for their out of conference?? I mean Charleston Southern, Troy, and FIU this year... come on.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'm sure it's annoying being an Auburn fan, but Alabama is the main state school and has the bigger following. People in the state grow up rooting for them in greater numbers than the do Auburn regardless of whether they go to Alabama. Where as a larger portion of Auburn fans are probably Alums.[/QUOTE]

Not really true. Alabama fans tend to be more vocal and have a more well-known (national) history. Both schools are relatively the same size and I would estimate the following to be split relatively even within the state, 50/50. But you do have to understand, around these parts Alabama/Auburn is pretty much a religion right next to southern baptist so you best take care to pick a side if you ever move here.

bread's done
Back