Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

This game tonight is proof positive of why they need to abolish the Pre-Season poll. FSU is always overrated. And you know what? Here are some other teams that are always overrated:

- Ohio State (can't win a Bowl game)
- Virginia Tech (They lose their first game every year)
- Every Big East team (Cincinnati won it last year, who knows about this year)
- Notre Dame when they're in the Top 10

Yeah that was a hell of a game. Miami holds on to win 38-34, with FSU having several plays from their 5 or closer in the final seconds and couldn't get the TD.

[quote name='KingBroly']- Notre Dame when they're in the Top 10[/QUOTE]

While they were ranked low (something like 24 or so), I was surprised to see them ranked at all when they showed that they were playing Michigan for next week.

I think everybody thought that final play was a touchdown at first. When they reviewed it though, I personally hoped they reversed it just to see their reactions. But yeah, crazy game. And the FSU kicker. Awesome with the long FGs, but couldn't hit an XP to save his life. First was wide, and the other, while it did go in, shanked off the right upright.

I am a HUGE Miami fan, man that game was the best I have ever seen. I know thats a big thing to say, but from start to finish it was non-stop action. I still can't belive it went down like that in the last few minutes.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']O H I O State![/QUOTE]
You better hope they play better on D against USC cause they should have lost to Navy and USC's Offense is way better than Navy's.

Hopefully, Michigan can keep the momentum against Norte Dame since this could change both their season's early and could be a help to the winning side in ranking later down the line.

[quote name='moonknight25']FSU fans will get heartbroken again in a few weeks against BYU and USF........[/QUOTE]

We will see about BYU (as could their win been a fluke because of Bradford being injured)but USF will be defeated. A few mistakes last night will be corrected by that time... i.e.
1) Cornerback/Safety play - we gave up big yards due to Cornerbacks and our safety biting on plays they shouldn't bite on. This was due to inexperience.
2) Playcalling - the biggest mistakes came down the stretch. We put a linebacker on Travis Benjamin when he caught the pass (for 40 yards) on the last drive for Miami... who does that... In addition, you don't run Jones 4 times in a row. How about after the second one doing a play action pass... hmm... also, the worst call of the game was calling on the goal line offense (personnel changes) while the clock ran down 20-30 seconds instead of using the timeout to bring them out.

Both things will be worked out. I am not taking away from Miami. They played a great game. Their whole team came to play. Good luck to them for their upcoming tough games.

Like someone else said, I found it weird that our kicker could hit a 52 yard kick yet miss one extra point and almost shank another. Granted, this is his first collegiate game so it could be nerves.

[quote name='KingBroly']This game tonight is proof positive of why they need to abolish the Pre-Season poll. FSU is always overrated. And you know what? Here are some other teams that are always overrated:

- Ohio State (can't win a Bowl game)
- Virginia Tech (They lose their first game every year)
- Every Big East team (Cincinnati won it last year, who knows about this year)
- Notre Dame when they're in the Top 10[/QUOTE]

You can say that about pretty much every team. Oklahoma was down to BYU while Bradford was still playing... Why would Oklahoma be ranked in number 3 in the nation? LSU almost lost to 0-12 Washington... Why is LSU even ranked at all? I could go on about the top 25. As for VT, who cares about the first game... At least VT has the balls to play a Division 1 Top 5 squad unlike Florida/Texas/USC/etc who all play non-Division 1 teams in their opening weeks.

It's prerankings. The majority of teams will fall in and out all season long. BCS/AP Poll rankings are all judgemental. Until there is a playoff, you will never know who the best team is.

On another note, I love how ESPN/ABC is hyping the USC/Ohio St game. We all know USC is going to completely wipe the floor with them. The game should be over about midway through the second.

[quote name='lordopus99']We will see about BYU (as could their win been a fluke because of Bradford being injured)but USF will be defeated. A few mistakes last night will be corrected by that time... i.e.
1) Cornerback/Safety play - we gave up big yards due to Cornerbacks and our safety biting on plays they shouldn't bite on. This was due to inexperience.
2) Playcalling - the biggest mistakes came down the stretch. We put a linebacker on Travis Benjamin when he caught the pass (for 40 yards) on the last drive for Miami... who does that... In addition, you don't run Jones 4 times in a row. How about after the second one doing a play action pass... hmm... also, the worst call of the game was calling on the goal line offense (personnel changes) while the clock ran down 20-30 seconds instead of using the timeout to bring them out.

Both things will be worked out. I am not taking away from Miami. They played a great game. Their whole team came to play. Good luck to them for their upcoming tough games.

Like someone else said, I found it weird that our kicker could hit a 52 yard kick yet miss one extra point and almost shank another. Granted, this is his first collegiate game so it could be nerves.[/QUOTE]

I do agree with your second point, the play calling got worse as the game went on, 3 straight incomplete passes to the same guy. come on. I don't believe Bradford would of made a difference. He was not playing like a Hiesman QB of last year. BYU came to play, really good team pretty much every year, but their roadblock is always TCU and Utah.

New AP Poll

1 Florida (56) 1-0 1493 1
2 Texas (2) 1-0 1424 2
3 USC 1-0 1355 4
4 Alabama (2) 1-0 1331 5
5 Oklahoma State 1-0 1201 9
6 Mississippi 1-0 1095 8
7 Penn State 1-0 1082 9
8 Ohio State 1-0 985 6
9 Brigham Young 1-0 984 20
10 California 1-0 971 12
11 LSU 1-0 890 11
12 Boise State 1-0 882 14
13 Oklahoma 0-1 782 3
14 Virginia Tech 0-1 652 7
15 Georgia Tech 1-0 630 15
16 TCU 0-0 523 17
17 Utah 1-0 404 19
18 Notre Dame 1-0 383 23
19 North Carolina 1-0 338 21
20 Miami (FL) 1-0 315 NR
21 Georgia 0-1 294 13
22 Nebraska 1-0 266 24
23 Cincinnati 1-0 248 NR
24 Kansas 1-0 196 25
25 Missouri 1-0 126 NR

* Dropped from rankings: Oregon 16, Florida State 18, Iowa 22

* Others receiving votes: Oregon State 113, Michigan State 83, Pittsburgh 82, Texas Tech 53, Oregon 47, Clemson 40, FLORIDAST 39, West Virginia 32, Tennessee 30, Iowa 24, Michigan 18, UCLA 18, Baylor 17, Boston College 14, Arizona 12, East Carolina 6, Air Force 4, Auburn 4, Colorado State 4, Arkansas 3, South Carolina 3, South Florida 1, Southern Miss 1, Tulsa 1, Houston 1,

[quote name='munch']This is a legit question: Did you go the University of Alabama?[/QUOTE]

no, but I grew up in Prattville, right outside of Montgomery. I've lived in Florida for about 10 years now, so there's no way I was going to give up the beaches to go back to Alabama.

Im looking forward to seeing how tcu comes outta the gate, after their historic last season. BYU helps assure the polls that the Mountain West is a real conference in case they needed to be reminded lol...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']What was up with Miami kicking grounders on kick offs? The last one nearly did them in, since it put FSU right at midfield.[/QUOTE]

They were scared of our punt returner after he almost broke free twice (open field in front of him if he could get past the kicker)

[quote name='munch']Let's keep posting in this thread. New season=New thread.[/QUOTE]

mods were suppose to combine... like the NFL thread

[quote name='lordopus99']They were scared of our punt returner after he almost broke free twice (open field in front of him if he could get past the kicker)[/QUOTE]

is your punt returner even that good?

29cna0x.jpg

[quote name='billyrox']is your punt returner even that good?[/QUOTE]

He was unproven since Greg Reid is a freshman. His play that night is why they started doing that in the second half. Like I said, if it wasnt for the Miami punter, he would have had two tds on kick returns. He had open field if he could of got around him.

[quote name='billyrox']dude, already excited for the OSU USC game... wonder if OSU will get rocked, again[/QUOTE]

You know it.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if OSU doesn't get beat soundly. It may stay close for half due to the crowd and USC having a true freshman QB. But they just have too much talent and OSU doesn't have the firepower on offense to out score them.

[quote name='billyrox']dude, already excited for the OSU USC game... wonder if OSU will get rocked, again[/QUOTE]

USC will have won by middle of second. I think the game actually will get out of hand. If OSU's oline collapsed so easily against Navy, USC has a way better defense. OSU offense will never get off the ground. We will be lucky to see OSU score a TD during the game.

Wow GT gets a TD returning a pooch punt off fake field goal from Clemson, and then gets a TD pass on their own fake FG. :lol:

Yeah, I was hoping CU would be decent to help boost WVU's schedule which is pretty pathetic this year.

Oh well, schedules are made a few years in advance and no way to know CU would be so bad, or that Auburn would fall of the map.

GO GO OGO GO GO , good games today... and yeah colorado looked terrible last night getting their asses handed to them by toledo

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I was hoping CU would be decent to help boost WVU's schedule which is pretty pathetic this year.

Oh well, schedules are made a few years in advance and no way to know CU would be so bad, or that Auburn would fall of the map.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing in an all Big 12 fantasy football league this year for the first time. Of course I get the #1 pick, select Bradford, and the rest is history.... On the plus side I always love seeing that ass clown Stoops lose.

ECU game is a big one for WVU today. They stomped us 24-3 last year, so it should be a bellweather--along with playing at Auburn next week (even though their down and rebuilding) of how our season will go.

Shame the game is only on ESPN 360.

michigan vs notre dame
usc vs ohio state

ahhhh today will be a good day!

wisconson place kicker nailed a 57yd FG to close out the half. had the leg for another 7+ yards easy.
Wisc 17 - Frenso State 21

That is why they play the games. Central Michigan beat Michigan State 29-27 which is so sad because MSU dominated the second half to have it undone in last minute of the game. It was a great ending.

MSU would've won if that guy didn't jump offsides.

Michigan/ND at 0-0 right now. Irish kicker really messed up the FG attempt.

[quote name='HuBu']looking forward to next week's game against Tennessee.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't want to be. Prediction: Florida posts at least 35-40 points on them. Easily wins game. Killing Western Kentucky doesn't make you a good team. Hey can the SEC schedule some good out of conference games... come on.

You got to make it past, middle of the Pac-10, UCLA first... 10 to 10.

[quote name='lordopus99']I wouldn't want to be. Prediction: Florida posts at least 35-40 points on them. Easily wins game. Killing Western Kentucky doesn't make you a good team. Hey can the SEC schedule some good out of conference games... come on.

You got to make it past, middle of the Pac-10, UCLA first... 10 to 10.[/QUOTE]

I am looking forward more to how Kiffin reacts to the spanking.

[quote name='HuBu']I am looking forward more to how Kiffin reacts to the spanking.[/QUOTE]

Kiffin is a bright spot. Hopefully he transitions well in college. Even though I never agreed with the firing of Fulmer.

[quote name='munch']Not that anyone cares, but I've found this site that is showing the Auburn/Ms. State game tonight. If you're shit out of luck due to this ESPN thing with the SEC you might want to poke around here.

http://www.justin.tv/hockeyzone99[/QUOTE]

It's listed as a game on ESPN360.com. If you have access, you can see it there too.

bread's done
Back