Official Amazon.com Trade-In Deal/FAQ Thread: Extra $30 for $60 worth of trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

disillusion386

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
Trade in Games and Get an Extra $30 Toward Your Next Video Games Purchase (EXPIRES 08/31/09)
Submit a video game trade-in order with a total value of $60 or more in our Video Games Trade-In store before August 31, 2009 and in addition to your Amazon.com Gift Card, you'll receive an extra $30 credit to use toward a video game or accessory purchase in the Video Games store. Limit one discount per qualifying order.
Details:
-To qualify for the $30 credit, you must create a trade-in order during the promotion period (July 19, 2009 - August 31, 2009). Items must be postmarked no later than September 7, 2009 to qualify.
-In the case of multiple trade-in orders, the coupon code will be given for each qualifying order that is received.
-Coupon code applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com in the Amazon.com Video Games store.
-Trade-in submissions not accepted and returned to you do not qualify for the promotion. Your trade-in submission could be returned to you if the items are damaged or non-working, incorrect items are included in your package, or accessories such as artwork or manuals are missing. Any submission postmarked later than 7 days after a mailing label is printed will be returned to you automatically. You should receive returned games within 14 days of receipt via the U.S. Postal Service.
-Qualifying customers will be emailed their coupon code within 10 days after their trade-in has been accepted.
-Coupon valid for all video game products sold by Amazon.com in the Video Games store.
-Coupon code applies only to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com Web site. Does not apply to any products purchased in Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp, or in Marketplace.
-Coupon code applies to the lowest priced qualifying item.
-Coupon code valid on purchases ordered before 12/31/09.
-Applies only to complete orders shipping to a single address that meet all other promotional requirements.
-No substitutions or rain checks.
-Offer must be redeemed through the Shopping Cart. Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
-Tax, shipping, and handling charges may apply to all products.
-Offer may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.
-Void where prohibited.
-Limit one discount per household, per qualifying order.

Trade-In(s) of the Day
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - $16.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All - $13.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - $13.00

If you have not used the previous trade-in deal coupon (50% off on a game or accessory), here is a list of big-ticket items that qualify (thanks to Japakneez):

[quote name='Japakneez']**UPDATED 7/26/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 Tony Hawk Ride Bundle
$120 DJ Hero with Turntable
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$200 Band Hero Superbundle
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest USPS Post Office and mail it by (one week from submission of trade).

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

If you are concerned about the reliability of Media Mail, you may send the games yourself and pay for postage. The address to send the games is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson MA 01749

FAQ

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
USPS Media Mail

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
Yes. If you’re worried about your package, definitely take advantage of these shipping options. You’ll just have to pay a little extra to ship your games. NOTE: There have been cases where the post office doesn’t allow adding these options on prepaid shipping labels, but try anyway or go to a different post office.

I don't trust Media Mail. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson, MA 01749

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit in 3 to 5 business days, however.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the trade-in deal?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however. On the other hand, older gen games, such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 10 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that it might still raise red flags. No one has reported attempting this so we do not know for sure. 2 to 3 copies of a game should be okay, but more than that is pushing it. Also, keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always edit or cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Does the ECA discount stack with the trade-in deal coupon?
Yes.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
New trade in deal is tales of the abyss for the PS2! This game is better than IKO, it should be bought by all and traded in by no one.

[quote name='Noxious Games']New trade in deal is tales of the abyss for the PS2! This game is better than IKO, it should be bought by all and traded in by no one.[/QUOTE]

Except my Wal-Mart has a bunch of copies of the game for $19.99, so a very small profit.

Bleh, took some pointers from that website(again, actually) and cleared a path through my lists. I swear my next goldbox update better have -something- in it.

[quote name='ohboy10451']when i get my 50% off coupon, I'm gonna have to sell/trade it because i already have COD: MW 2 preordered & I am not interested in GH/Rock Band[/QUOTE]

Am fairly certain that the 50% promo code is tied to the account that made the trade-in order. So just find yourself a limited edition game that sells for otherwise ridiculous amounts. That or you could go with a Tournament Quality Fight Stick for the system of your choice or Turtle Beach Ear Force X-4's (is what I got with my 50% coupon).

locked in tales of the abyss, not a bad flip. $21+tax at GS --> $25
This is the only positive/viable flip I can see if you wanna transfer some credit.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']locked in tales of the abyss, not a bad flip. $21+tax at GS --> $25
This is the only positive/viable flip I can see if you wanna transfer some credit.[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding it (complete, anyway). Besides, it is a much better flip to eBay if you can find it in the condition you need for Amazon trade-in (and thus, why it is hard to find at GS).

I'm gonna ask this again - has anyone gotten the $30 coupon yet? I figured some of you lucky bastards who get things shipped and received in 2-3 days would have by now. I'm curious as to how it works. For example, could I use it on the new Professor Layton game even though it is $29.99? If not, that kind of makes me wish they had inflated the price to $34.99 :lol:. I was also thinking of using it for NSMB 2. I buy so very few games at full price, even when I have cheap credit that I really need to search around for something good to use it on. In any case, since this coupon is good till Dec 31st I've got plenty of time (and I hope to get 3 or 4 of them if they allow one for each $60 submission as one of the terms seems to imply (in contradiction to another of course).

yeah I seached for tales of the abyss and didn't know its value at all.

As far as te $30 credit, I was under the assumption it was given as a gift card. Or is it coupon code?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']yeah I seached for tales of the abyss and didn't know its value at all.

As far as te $30 credit, I was under the assumption it was given as a gift card. Or is it coupon code?[/QUOTE]

I was just reading through the terms to make sure I didn't miss anything. It definitely looks like another promo code to me - it is $30 off a video game item sold via Amazon. If it was just an extra $30 credit on top of your trades they wouldn't be able to limit it to anything particular like that. I take it is a promo code just like the 50% off but in this case it is $30 off. I was just wondering if you could even use it on, say, a $29.99 order. I guess we won't know for sure until someone gets one and tries it out - it's just like the first couple weeks of the 50% off promo when we didn't know if it would apply to expensive preorders like Beatles RB.

To clarify: while the summary blurb says you get "an extra $30 credit" the actual terms say all this stuff:

-Coupon code applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com in the Amazon.com Video Games store.
-Coupon valid for all video game products sold by Amazon.com in the Video Games store.
-Coupon code applies only to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com Web site. Does not apply to any products purchased in Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp, or in Marketplace.
-Coupon code valid on purchases ordered before 12/31/09.

hmm, so the question is can the code be used on things less than $30. That would suck if it didn't. But if it only works on one item it seems that way. Maybe you'd get the item free if its under $30, saves them at least a penny.

Hopefully my 3 trade ins from the last deal get there in the next few days. as far as what I'm gonna use them on.

SFIV TE stick
MW2:COD5 prestige

I dont know what to do with my third. I want beatles rock band but just the game. Maybe I can sell the instruments, but who would want them without the game?

Yeah, it would be great to use on $29.99 games as I am more inclined to pay full price for DS games. Saving $30 off a $60 or even $50 game seems like a waste to me because I'd generally wait to get most games for less than $20 either used or on clearance. NSMB 2 is probably an exception since the Nintendo stuff stays high in general (though that hasn't been the case for many Wii games). But I'd definitely use it on something like DQ IX (which I'm sure will be $39.99 anyway). Hopefully we can apply it to preorders like with the 50% off coupon and thus use it on stuff that comes out next year.

[quote name='newlu']Can we send in multiple $60 trade packages and get the $30 bonus on each one?[/QUOTE]

Well, that's what we are all hoping and I'm about to send in my second one tomorrow (with 2 more to follow during the week). We won't be 100% sure, though, until people start getting codes.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Except my Wal-Mart has a bunch of copies of the game for $19.99, so a very small profit.[/QUOTE]

Well, my friend, you are a lucky SOB then - buy 'em all now! Just because your Walmart has a surplus of something doesn't mean any others do and that it isn't somewhat rare and sought after otherwise.
Like I said before, even used this game is worth a significant amount above the Amazon trade-in deal of the day price. Not a ton mind you - maybe $40-$45 shipped, so to some that may not be worth the eBay hassle. New copies, however, are a different story.

[quote name='io']Good luck finding it (complete, anyway). Besides, it is a much better flip to eBay if you can find it in the condition you need for Amazon trade-in (and thus, why it is hard to find at GS).

I'm gonna ask this again - has anyone gotten the $30 coupon yet? I figured some of you lucky bastards who get things shipped and received in 2-3 days would have by now. I'm curious as to how it works. For example, could I use it on the new Professor Layton game even though it is $29.99? If not, that kind of makes me wish they had inflated the price to $34.99 :lol:. I was also thinking of using it for NSMB 2. I buy so very few games at full price, even when I have cheap credit that I really need to search around for something good to use it on. In any case, since this coupon is good till Dec 31st I've got plenty of time (and I hope to get 3 or 4 of them if they allow one for each $60 submission as one of the terms seems to imply (in contradiction to another of course).[/QUOTE]

No sign of my $30 coupon/credit yet... as you may recall, my games arrived late last week. I was somewhat expecting to see it in my inbox this morning, but hopefully I should have it tomorrow. I've also already fired off a second order, so I should know in a week or so whether you can get two coupons for this promotion.

Whoo, my second trade-in was just accepted. They took all games yet again!!! They took 2 nintendo ds games without manual or case. Anyway now need to wait for the coupon which would be my second 50% off game/accessory! Now I could get both MW2: Prestige and TE stick!!

Update on the G25 and 50% code status:
Well, I received a response from them. I did get the ECA coupon to apply. However whoever was taking care of this botched up the 50% code. They instead gave me $50 refund instead of 50% off. I promptly sent an email back and a link to the details of the offer. Time to wait... again... for most likely another week...

fuck.

OMG! Everyone's getting their DS Games accepted with no case or manual, yet I just got my second shipment of GBA games REJECTED... that's right, SECOND SHIPMENT REJECTED! No 50% off coupon or extra $30, what freakin' $$$$$$s.... never trading in to them again. I probably would've gotten more at GS!!!

[quote name='io']
Well, that's what we are all hoping and I'm about to send in my second one tomorrow (with 2 more to follow during the week). We won't be 100% sure, though, until people start getting codes.
[/QUOTE]
Are you sending in multiple trade-ins of $60 on the same account? Should I risk doing that or just make a new account with a different address?

[quote name='Hybrid5006']OMG! Everyone's getting their DS Games accepted with no case or manual, yet I just got my second shipment of GBA games REJECTED... that's right, SECOND SHIPMENT REJECTED! No 50% off coupon or extra $30, what freakin' $$$$$$s.... never trading in to them again. I probably would've gotten more at GS!!![/QUOTE]

Depends on the amount of games you trade. GS' 50%(with Edge Card) is way higher then Amazon TiV. (Need to trade 6 or more games for the 50% to apply)

What is a "complete" copy of Tales of the Abyss?

[quote name='io']Good luck finding it (complete, anyway). Besides, it is a much better flip to eBay if you can find it in the condition you need for Amazon trade-in (and thus, why it is hard to find at GS).

I'm gonna ask this again - has anyone gotten the $30 coupon yet? I figured some of you lucky bastards who get things shipped and received in 2-3 days would have by now. I'm curious as to how it works. For example, could I use it on the new Professor Layton game even though it is $29.99? If not, that kind of makes me wish they had inflated the price to $34.99 :lol:. I was also thinking of using it for NSMB 2. I buy so very few games at full price, even when I have cheap credit that I really need to search around for something good to use it on. In any case, since this coupon is good till Dec 31st I've got plenty of time (and I hope to get 3 or 4 of them if they allow one for each $60 submission as one of the terms seems to imply (in contradiction to another of course).[/QUOTE]

I used my two 50% coupons on NSMB (Wii) and Saw (PS3). Not the most efficient use, but I wasn't interested in any of the higher-priced items.

so i was wondering since people last week got their games accepted after one week of shipping, i sent my package out last monday from norcal. do they accept games throughout the day? or is it more of a morning acceptance?

If you need something fill out a trade-in, Rhythm Heaven is the current gold box item (for a few more hours or until sold out) for $12.98 and trades in for $14. Wish I could buy multiples. Oh well.

I know this is in the FAQ but there's no follow up question which is "1 game was rejected and put me below the $60 value, what option do I have now?" I don't want to have to send another $60 trade to get this promo.

[quote name='sadunk']I know this is in the FAQ but there's no follow up question which is "1 game was rejected and put me below the $60 value, what option do I have now?" I don't want to have to send another $60 trade to get this promo.[/QUOTE]

You don't have an option:

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

im not going to flip games like Persona 3 or Tales of the Abyss to amazon. I know there are passionate fans for those games so i just skip them :wave:

in other news my amazon gold box sucks. It literally did a couple days ago when it had a Hoover vacuum sitting in it. I don't think theres anything i can do. I bought gifts for others in the past with this account and i think its affecting the deals that currently show up :bomb:

[quote name='backseatdog']Whoo, my second trade-in was just accepted. They took all games yet again!!! [highlight]They took 2 nintendo ds games without manual or case[/highlight]. Anyway now need to wait for the coupon which would be my second 50% off game/accessory! Now I could get both MW2: Prestige and TE stick!![/QUOTE]

:bomb:... See, it is this inconsistency that gets me. I sent in a DS game with a mint case and cover art but no manual and it got rejected. It was a stupid kids game too so I wouldn't think the manual was that critical. Oh well, it actually didn't effect my coupon eligibility since I sent in more than enough so it isn't nearly as bad as what happened to others.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']OMG! Everyone's getting their DS Games accepted with no case or manual, yet I just got my second shipment of GBA games REJECTED... that's right, SECOND SHIPMENT REJECTED! No 50% off coupon or extra $30, what freakin' $$$$$$s.... never trading in to them again. I probably would've gotten more at GS!!![/QUOTE]

While I wouldn't expect games without manuals and especially without cases to be accepted, it is frustrating when they accept some and not others. I've sent in (and had accepted) close to 30 games so far and I only sent 2 in that weren't complete (both just missing manuals). In fact they were both in the very same shipment - they accepted one and rejected the other - go figure :roll:. So, unlike others, I really haven't been pushing it - I generally only try to send in stuff that is mint and complete.

[quote name='warfox33']Are you sending in multiple trade-ins of $60 on the same account? Should I risk doing that or just make a new account with a different address?[/QUOTE]

I'm sending them under the same account as I really want to pool my credit in the same place. It will suck if I only get one coupon but like I said before I'm not sending anything in that wouldn't be worth it even without the coupon (ie, I'm not taking a loss on a cash purchase expecting to get the coupon to make up for it). If you are taking a loss I'd definitely play it safe and use another account.

I would just throw Tales of the Abyss to Amazon because I see many completed listings on Ebay that only sold for $30-$35, so when you consider fees it would be like $25-$30. Do you think this game will go up in value in the future?

[quote name='J7.']I would just throw Tales of the Abyss to Amazon because I see many completed listings on Ebay that only sold for $30-$35, so when you consider fees it would be like $25-$30. Do you think this game will go up in value in the future?[/QUOTE]

Possibly it might go up - hard to tell with these things. Some regular auctions have ended around that range but the Buy It Nows seem to be a little higher (I see one at $50!). And like I said before, if you have one that is in the condition needed for Amazon (very good shape and complete) chances are that will get you in the higher range on eBay. I just wanted to make sure people didn't send in their personal copies before checking eBay out first. If it isn't worth the hassle of ebay then by all means send it to Amazon - just as long as you know what you could have gotten and won't regret it later ;).

Out of curiosity, how long did it take to receive the 50% off coupon/code after Amazon sent you an email informing you of your received trade-in?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Out of curiosity, how long did it take to receive the 50% off coupon/code after Amazon sent you an email informing you of your received trade-in?[/QUOTE]

For me, it was the following day, early morning.

9 games turned into about $70 credit and I'm awaiting my 50% off coupon. That will pretty much turn into 9 old games for SF IV TE stick.

As for this new deal...it would be great to know if you get 2 coupons and if they stack...that could turn into a free game for $120 of trade in. I think I may make an order now to ship out tomorrow with a backup plan that includes Madden 2010..

Madden 2010 - $56 regular, $26 after the extra $30 coupon and you get $10 amazon gift card with preorder so $16 after everything....I wouldn't mind that at all. The only thing is I'd have to get it done before Aug 13th.

ok i have a bit of a problem, don't know where to ask...

i put the promo code into my amazon cart..but i don't want to use it yet so i can make other game purchases...how do i remove the promo?

I'd still go with Amazon, as that $50 is a rare occurence and it had free shipping and buy it now, which would bring it down to at least $38 after ebay and paypal fees. I'd rather get $25 from Amazon and the bonus $30 for reaching $60 if I'd have to be extremely lucky to get $38 and I'm more looking at $25-$30.

Update on G25 and 50% and 10% (ECA) codes: Well, got a surprisingly prompt reply from Amazon, they upped my refund to reflect 50% off. But that was just it. Now the 10% is not taking into effect, and I essentially need an additional $21 refund. A little better, but not quite it.

[quote name='y2jasper']ok i have a bit of a problem, don't know where to ask...

i put the promo code into my amazon cart..but i don't want to use it yet so i can make other game purchases...how do i remove the promo?[/QUOTE]
I don't believe the code is actually used until they charge you, i.e. it ships. At least, that's the only logical way I can see them doing it. Otherwise they'd have a lot of people going through CS just to get their coupons back on canceled orders.

[quote name='option.iv']Update on G25 and 50% and 10% (ECA) codes: Well, got a surprisingly prompt reply from Amazon, they upped my refund to reflect 50% off. But that was just it. Now the 10% is not taking into effect, and I essentially need an additional $21 refund. A little better, but not quite it.[/QUOTE]

hey what did you send them because I also got the 50 coupon code instead of 50%. resend them a link where it showed ps3 controllers and the g25 was there. tried calling them multiple times but they say they will send it to marketing. can you give us some tips

Sent 2 packages on 7/20, got credit for both today 7/27 from SoCal, now just waiting for the coupon; which should take 2 days based on my previous experience.

I got a return on 1 PSP game though, which I kind of expect, because it has the Gamestop UMD disc case replacement; the clear one instead of original Sony. I'm talking about the plastic case around the disc itself.

I bought the game online, and complained about it just now over the phone, and GS will send a replacement and I can keep the other one. So win-win for me.. and positive feedback toward both GS and Amazon.

Just finally got my code today and ordered the 120gb HD. They, of course, pretty much belittled me in the email, stating they sent the code and it was my fault I didn't get it. I checked my junk email religiously (I always do), and they never sent it. I do have a hotmail address, but I get every other email they send.

[quote name='Japakneez']im not going to flip games like Persona 3 or Tales of the Abyss to amazon. I know there are passionate fans for those games so i just skip them :wave:

in other news my amazon gold box sucks. It literally did a couple days ago when it had a Hoover vacuum sitting in it. I don't think theres anything i can do. I bought gifts for others in the past with this account and i think its affecting the deals that currently show up :bomb:[/QUOTE]

just go to your recommendation preferences. and turn all the past purchases into "don't use for recommendation." I have 5 things in recommendations so i'll be expecting a nice goldbox tonight.

To be honest, I'm sorta hesitant to continue with Amazon's trade-in program. I sent off a trade Friday afternoon which was received today. I just went through checking some more games I could trade-in and happened across this little gem...

6)Silent Hill Experience 1 Sony PSP $2.50 Gift Card Deposited

Care to guess how much this outdated PSP UMD that stayed at $2.50 TIV for nearly 2 weeks now fetches....?

$15!!!!!

How the hell does it jump nearly $13 in less than 3 days...Crazy...:bomb:

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']To be honest, I'm sorta hesitant to continue with Amazon's trade-in program. I sent off a trade Friday afternoon which was received today. I just went through checking some more games I could trade-in and happened across this little gem...

6)Silent Hill Experience 1 Sony PSP $2.50 Gift Card Deposited

Care to guess how much this outdated PSP UMD that stayed at $2.50 TIV for nearly 2 weeks now fetches....?

$15!!!!!

How the hell does it jump nearly $13 in less than 3 days...Crazy...:bomb:
[/QUOTE]

What makes a UMD movie complete? do u have to send a manuel or inserts....because I have 7 copies of this in surround gamestops

lol called gamestop for Silent Hill Experience.....

"Hi do you have Silent Hilll Experience for PSP)
"Let me check"
"Yes we sure do looks to be in great condition with case, ahhh hold on its actually really scratched up, and sunk in the middle, doubt it will play, Im gonna go ahead it defect it, sorry man"
click......

WTF, how does it go from Excellent condition to shitty condition within the same sentence and breath lol

I ordered Beatles RB weeks ago (with the 50% off coupon).

Nice to see the price dropped to $239.99 (when did that happen).

So, my order total dropped to $120.

I just emailed them to ask if they would add an ECA code to the order (I just joined).

They just email back with the old total . . . has anyone had any luck getting ECA added after their order???

fuck . . . I signed up just to add a code to this order.

I guess if I cancel the order, I can get the 50% coupon back and I can reorder and add in ECA this time . . . why the fuck didn't I sign up to ECA before???

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back