Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

:psp: Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
:360: Deathsmiles Limited Edition

...I was trying to hold out for some game credits before I pre-ordered Deathsmiles, but this is good too.

Odd day today since recs were not updated yet new titles are up like L.A. Noire! I also got Fable III and Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth.

Got Super Mario Galaxy 2 at the end of March, had PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe PSP yesterday, and Just Dance Wii today.

Too bad Super Street Fighter 4 has never shown up though.

Damn, I need to scrub my recommendations somehow as I'm not getting anything... (Unlike the old days where I would get every new title the day it went up.)

[quote name='Jodou']Yep, but it hasn't been seen since for two months.[/QUOTE]

:cry:

dammit I really want dat one. I haz been click teh not intertested on my recommendationz. Does the list never empty?

I am trying to get PS3 SSF4 and Mario Galaxy 2 to show up.
Do you add wish list items(I did it for teh 2) or pre order what u want too? Or are they like no need to discount, sucker is gonna buy it already. lolz.

So if I want galaxy should I add all mario games to mah wish list then.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Damn, I need to scrub my recommendations somehow as I'm not getting anything... (Unlike the old days where I would get every new title the day it went up.)[/QUOTE]

Well, I went and did some clean up... The results while not great was at least something closer to what I want.

New
:wii: Arc Rise Fantasia (Preorder for Deathsmiles LE triggered it.)

Its not listed on the front page anymore... but I got another joystick again.

:360: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition S - Black (Preorder for SSFIV triggered it.)

Weird, even though I already preordered :ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes (and when it was a quick pick), it showed up again in my gold box today. Come on Amazon, I only have one ps3 :p

Has anyone been able to get Transformers War for Cybertron up? I am trying to get it before the end of April (got some credits that expires on 4/30).

[quote name='MisterFleX']Has anyone been able to get Transformers War for Cybertron up? I am trying to get it before the end of April (got some credits that expires on 4/30).[/QUOTE]

I have not... Its in my 35 pages of recommendations but so far it hasn't shown up yet.

Gears of War 3... (Which I wanted and I preordered it but I'm guessing it won't much matter in the long run... I'm going to get the limited edition version when it gets announced as I have the other 2.)

:wii: Mario Kart with Wii Wheel
:360: Fallout New Vegas

...I also got the Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works art book in my gold box. It looks like the rumors of a reprint are true! :bouncy:

Cannot imagine anyone has seen this one... Hell, I've never even heard of it.

:360: Naval Assault: The Killing Tide

At the risk of showing how old I am I wonder if its anything like the old PC series Aces of the Deep. If it is you can color me intrigued. (but no preorder from me.)

Bah, still no MVC3 so it's probably going to be a while. The new Halo Reach editions were both added to my recs, though.

I got 2 gamez (PSP MGS Peace Walker and Wii SMG 2 ^_^) I really wanted today. I tried to get PS3 SSF4 to show up, but it didnt :whistle2:(. But I ordered PS3 SSF4 yesterday that is why I think they showed up today.

I want to get both, I read teh 1st page, so do I just click the button but open to buy them is another new window?

[quote name='muzras']I want to get both, I read teh 1st page, so do I just click the button but open to buy them is another new window?[/QUOTE]Correct. It can still all be done in one order but I prefer to do it in separate orders.

First, my picks for today/tonight.

:360:250 GB HD
:pC: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Second, question for you, Jodou. My recommended list is down to 12 to 15 pages and until I pruned it the other day it was 30 to 35 pages... Is that normal or abnormal? How big is your recommended list right now?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Second, question for you, Jodou. My recommended list is down to 12 to 15 pages and until I pruned it the other day it was 30 to 35 pages... Is that normal or abnormal? How big is your recommended list right now?[/QUOTE]
I have less than one page of recs and that's the way I've always kept it.

[quote name='Jodou']I have less than one page of recs and that's the way I've always kept it.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I got mine down to 3 pages... and though it was there at one time LA Noire (360) has disappeared from my list. At one point I had both PS3 and 360 but told it I wasn't interested in the PS3 version...

Sadly, I have everything listed (minus Mafia II as I'm trying to gold box it too) as being bought with it rated as a 5 star. (I also have the PS3 version listed as a 5 star.)

Its not on a gift list, in my shopping cart, or rated..... Any ideas?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Any ideas?[/QUOTE]
AFAIK Mafia II hasn't shown up yet, so there's really nothing you can do better.

[quote name='Jodou']AFAIK Mafia II hasn't shown up yet, so there's really nothing you can do better.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don't know what's going on right now... but I'm beginning to think its on the amazon side as the LA Noire 360 pages looks slightly different than the PS3 version.

Anyhow, in my quest to get LA Noire 360 learned a few things... If you tell amazon you're not interested on an item but later rate it and then clear that rating it can come back to your recommendation list. (I got to wondering if maybe I had told amazon I wasn't interested in LA Noire 360 by mistake.)

Lastly, and maybe more helpful, the 'rate these items' seems like a very powerful tool... What I did was searched LA Noire (link) and rated every item not named LA Noire that showed up a 5 star... Refreshed my recommendations and guess what jumped in my recommendations? LA Noire PS3.

I don't want to test it with something else (given my own predicament) but if someone wants too... It would be cool to know the results.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Lastly, and maybe more helpful, the 'rate these items' seems like a very powerful tool... What I did was searched LA Noire (link) and rated every item not named LA Noire that showed up a 5 star... Refreshed my recommendations and guess what jumped in my recommendations? LA Noire PS3.

I don't want to test it with something else (given my own predicament) but if someone wants too... It would be cool to know the results.[/QUOTE]
It's already been tested and proven. That's why it's in the FAQ.

Haven't checked my Quick Picks in an eternity, but I looked there today and saw :ps3: SOCOM 4. Unfortunately I have almost no use for Quick Picks anymore, since they won't take that discount off when I ask them to add it to one of my awesome ECA orders.

[quote name='Nirron']Haven't checked my Quick Picks in an eternity, but I looked there today and saw :ps3: SOCOM 4. Unfortunately I have almost no use for Quick Picks anymore, since they won't take that discount off when I ask them to add it to one of my awesome ECA orders.[/QUOTE]
Ha, I cleaned up my recs but forgot to check the box. Got the same thing along with that naughty record of agarest game.

bread's done
Back