Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

VC2 better show up in my gold box some day. There's no other physical title that I'm expecting to buy coming out anytime soon. Today I got :wii: Metroid: Other M and :ps3: Uncharted 2.

Looks Like 3DS games are starting to show up in quick picks. I'm really looking forward to this one.

:ds: Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3DS

Nice to see 3DS games already. Lots of games keep flowing into my recs, but so very few actually make it to my quick picks. :\

I got :ds: Mega Man Zero Collection again... I think Amazon really wants me to buy it and I think I just may... I have a $20 game credit that expires soon.

Metroid: Other M today, and I already pre-ordered it. Am looking for Madden 11 (PS3/PSP), Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (PS3) and Call of Duty Black Ops (PS3), but I'm beginning to doubt they'll show. I repeatedly get Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom (PS3) and I have no clue if I'm actually going to buy it yet.

Edit: Got Monado in there again, decided to re-preorder it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']Sure has been slow around here, but Amazon really hasn't been pushing anything new out in about a month now.[/QUOTE]I know I haven't reported anything of late but I check everyday... Most of my quick picks aren't even video game related anymore...

I really need to go through and weedwack it again but I'm not really sure that's going to help... Like you said, nothings has really appeared.

I have used the 'Jodou Method' with much success regarding my favorite writers and their pending winter book releases so it hasn't been a complete waste of time. :D

(The book industry, maybe even more than the gaming industry, really crams all the new hardback releases into the holiday season.)

Hehe, I've done the same for BDs a few times as well.

Pro-Tip: picks are generated when you visit the gold box page for the first time that day, provided your hidden ~24-hour timer has lapsed. I've been able to manipulate a pick by ordering and canceling an item, checking my recs, and then accessing my gold box in a matter of minutes. Works incredibly well for items that are a DOTD for added discount. Once you understand how their system works, you can work magic.

Has anyone had Fable III show up recently? A few months ago I used to get it every other day, but now that I actually want to preorder it, I can't for the life of me get it to show. It's at the top of my recommendations so I don't know what's the hold up.

Looks like May was the last time it was seen, but your picks may have just stagnated. Have you tried any tricks to jostle it? Sometimes all it takes is pre-ordering the exact game you want and then canceling it after a few minutes (you can even do this the same day BEFORE you visit the gold box page to check your new picks). I'd try myself, but it's already on order.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yup, tried that, as well as rating a few other 360 preorders that were associated with it. No dice so far.[/QUOTE]
Damn, it may have suffered the Demon's Souls fate where they just plain took it off the list. :\

Got The Sims 3 Late Night PC, F1:2010 PS3, and the FFXIII 360 faceplate today. Looks like they're slowly rolling out a few more choice items as we head closer to fall.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Do you guys know if I could use Amazon Trade-in credit to buy a Amazon gift card that I could sell/give to someone?[/QUOTE]
Lol, that was random. Never done it myself, but AFAIK you can.

My quick picks yesterday consisted entirely of games on my wish list. Sly Collection for PS3 was there, DQIX Strat guide, Spirit Tracks CE Strat guide, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future for DS, Red PS3 Controller, and something else.

Just remembered the last one, it was Madworld for the Wii.

I get stuff on my wishlist all the time. It's typically things that have been on there for months, so I think there's an expiration period after which the system doesn't recognize that it's on your wishlist anymore.

Today I got Golden Sun DS and Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow for DS in my Quick picks. Both were on my Wishlist at one time (GS currently still is, BD used to be.)

Got these two in my quick picks today:
:ps3:Killzone 3
:360:Portal 2

Has anyone gotten Mafia II to appear in their quick picks? I haven't had any luck getting it. =/

bread's done
Back