CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
So you can ship your games free I see.

Are you able to ship products you sell on Amazon free as well or no?

[quote name='Japakneez']
Don't forget to check your expiration dates on past promo coupons. The $30 off any game coupon is set to expire on 12/31.[/QUOTE]

As does the code from the very last promo ($30 off a system). I have one of these left and no idea what to use it on. I may just get a PSP-3000 but was really hoping there would have been some sale this holiday season on them - even if was just a crappy free game included. But man, they had nothing. You'd think they would have wanted to move those things. Oh well... I need to decide if I want to pay $140 for a new PSP (when I barely play the original one I got) or just forget about the coupon.

[quote name='icedrake523']I traded in 2 text books. I paid for the shipping since the pre-paid postage only said 1 pound on it. It arrived at the place today. Does it take a couple days for them to process it and get the gift card? I hope that my not using their postage doesn't affect it.[/QUOTE]

No need to pay for your own shipping - the weight is just a placeholder and they will get charged for whatever it actually ends up weighing. I just sent off a box of games that weighed 2.8 pounds and the label said $1 like always.

[quote name='Casteor']So you can ship your games free I see.

Are you able to ship products you sell on Amazon free as well or no?[/QUOTE]

You may have to rephrase that as I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. You mean if you are a seller on the Amazon marketplace? That has nothing to do with the trade-in program but I think you get a small shipping allowance or something. I'm not the one to answer that though - never sold on Amazon.

[quote name='bigredvan14']I think I got my credit about 2 days after they received my shipment of games. It takes a little time once its scanned by UPS as "delivered," and then for them to actually open everything up, inspect, process a card, etc.[/QUOTE]
I figured. Plus they'll probably be doing less this week for Christmas.

No need to pay for your own shipping - the weight is just a placeholder and they will get charged for whatever it actually ends up weighing. I just sent off a box of games that weighed 2.8 pounds and the label said $1 like always.
Thanks. I was getting $109 for them and the s/h was $9 so $100 is still a decent return. The guy in the UPS store wasn't even remotely helpful; he didn't know was annoyed I even asked.

Oh, as for processing time it is usually same day or next day (at least for games - may be different for books). It has never been more than next day for me. I just had one recieved yesterday and got the email very early this morning indicating acceptance.

And here's something strange: for the first time ever I'm getting the "Track Your Package" button on my Amazon trade-in page! I know others have had that for a long time, but I haven't until just about yesterday. Strange that they treated different people's accounts so differently.

[quote name='io']As does the code from the very last promo ($30 off a system). I have one of these left and no idea what to use it on. I may just get a PSP-3000 but was really hoping there would have been some sale this holiday season on them - even if was just a crappy free game included. But man, they had nothing. You'd think they would have wanted to move those things. Oh well... I need to decide if I want to pay $140 for a new PSP (when I barely play the original one I got) or just forget about the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Well, what do you know, the PSP GT pack is now $169.99 on Amazon (posted in Deals forum). So, do I jump on that with my coupon or wait a bit :whistle2:k...

I don't want the game - I could sell it off, but it probably doesn't come with a case, eh?

Anyway, heads up on that for anyone sitting on a $30 system coupon like I am.

I ended up using mine on a PS3, two days ago?

I really regret not picking up the PS3 bundle on Black Friday. (I didn't pick it up for a stupid reason.)

I had only $130 credit on hand, so I'd have to pay $170 out of pocket. I had $200 or so trade-in's going in, so I decided to just wait and pay it all in credit. (hoping for even a $50 gift card in December.)

I made a mistake, but it's my mistake and the PS3 is still going to be worth it :D

I took my two UPS packages to a UPS Store as noted on the UPS site to drop my packages off.

I was charged 2 dollars per package.
I didn't have time to argue, or find another place as I was heading to work, but that irked me.

[quote name='dallow']I took my two UPS packages to a UPS Store as noted on the UPS site to drop my packages off.

I didn't have time to argue, or find another place as I was heading to work, but that irked me.[/QUOTE]

WTF!? They always recognize that I'm dropping off and if I ask print me a receipt which shows the actual weight, dropoff time, and expected pickup time. They shouldn't be charging you anything. That would, indeed, irk ;).

[quote name='dallow']I took my two UPS packages to a UPS Store as noted on the UPS site to drop my packages off.

I didn't have time to argue, or find another place as I was heading to work, but that irked me.[/QUOTE]

I've never paid to ship off stuff... I'd avoid that store... if your time is worth it, complain

I'm sorry, man. That's unfortunate. I wish all employees were as competent and aware as the UPS store by my house (Tinley Park, IL). I was standing in a decently long line last week with my package (sending my 360 in for repair... E-74). The guy behind the counter looked up, noticed that I and the woman next to me each had packages with prepaid shipping labels, and just told us to go ahead and leave them on the counter and he would take care of them once his line was gone, and we could leave. Good guy.

I know you said you were in a rush, but as long as you are using the exact label that Amazon gives you to ship, never ever pay shipping. It says something like "PREPAID" or "SHIPPING: PP" or something similar right on the label.

Don't forget folks - t-minus 8 days and counting until the $30 console and video game coupons expire.

(Note: the promo has been expired for a long time, this is just the expiration of the coupons received from that promo)

I think he knew they were prepaid labels, his reasoning was "oh, we're not a corporate store so we have a small charge"

It sounded dumb to me to but I had to run and they needed to go out that day.
Hmm, perhaps Amazon can refund me...

[quote name='Manning']Looking on Amazon's forums it looks like some people have had a rough time with trading stuff in. How has your guys experiences been?[/QUOTE]
Not so good, can't say much as i happen to be one of the people having a hard time with trading stuff in.
o.gif

[quote name='dallow']I think he knew they were prepaid labels, his reasoning was "oh, we're not a corporate store so we have a small charge"

It sounded dumb to me to but I had to run and they needed to go out that day.
Hmm, perhaps Amazon can refund me...[/QUOTE]

This is the first time I heard of UPS charging a customer for a pre-paid drop off label. Did you get a receipt to show that they charged you? If not, it might be some pissed-off minimum wage worker trying to earn a few extra bucks this holiday season.

[quote name='dallow']I took my two UPS packages to a UPS Store as noted on the UPS site to drop my packages off.[/QUOTE]

Was it an actual "The UPS Store," or just some place that advertised UPS shipping? Almost all UPS Stores are not corporate, because they used to be Mail Boxes, Etc., which operated a franchisee model.

UPS pays the owner of a UPS Store for every package they take from a customer. I wouldn't do business with that store again.

The FAQ mentions some success with trading in older cart-only games, but has anyone tried GBA games without box and manual?

So earlier in this thread, I talked about Amazon rejecting my Vision Camera as well as my copy of The Bigs for 360. I just received The Bigs back in the mail, and now the spine of my case if cracked from the top to about halfway down, and the cover is ripped. I'm waiting for the disc to defrost a little before trying to play it again. It looks a little scratched up now. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

EDIT: After doing a little digging online, apparently both versions of The Bigs... the Best Buy cover with Morneau that I have, and the standard version with Pujols... have different UPCs. Apparently I should have looked it up beforehand, but still. It's the same game. Don't really want to trade it to GameStop, because I would rather avoid that place.

As far as the Vision Camera rejection, here is the letter I got back:

"Thank you for your trade-in through Amazon.com Unfortunately we had to reject your trade of the Xbox 360 Live Vision Camera so as to accept your trade in of "You're in the Movies." This game can only be accepted if the Live Vision camera is included with the game which has caused us to have to reject the separate trade in of the camera to accept the game. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause and please ask that you contact Amazon.com customer service with any further questions."

They should really specify on their trade-in page if a peripheral needs to be included with a game to be accepted. Of course, they took the game + camera trade-in as opposed to the camera and rejecting the game because the combo has a lower value. If it was a little more clear, I would have just traded in the camera for the extra buck or two and got rid of the game. Weak sauce, Amazon / Noram. Weak sauce.

The site is saying my shipping deadline has passed, but I still have until the end of today to ship the items out. Problem is, I can't reprint my label and packing slip. I tried to follow the direction outlined at the beginning of the topic, but it's not working.

Can anyone help me out? I'll pay for the shipping if I have to, but I'd really rather not. Thanks!

[quote name='BMXJouster']The site is saying my shipping deadline has passed, but I still have until the end of today to ship the items out. Problem is, I can't reprint my label and packing slip. I tried to follow the direction outlined at the beginning of the topic, but it's not working.

Can anyone help me out? I'll pay for the shipping if I have to, but I'd really rather not. Thanks![/QUOTE]

What I usually do when this happens is create another trade for something lowball (i.e., not likely to screw up a good trade later with trade limits) and submit it. When you get through the process far enough where you click on the link for the shipping label, just edit the URL in the address bar to change the order number (starts with 'TR') and press enter. You should then be able to print the label.

Then just cancel the dummy trade.

[quote name='dallow']Yeah. Got a receipt. Used my debit card.

Two $2 charges (not taxed, even) for a little box and small envelope.[/QUOTE]
So you bought a box and envelope sounds like and the Amazon reimbursed you for them. You scored.

I'm starting to think the company behind these trade-ins is getting shady. Before they would reject my games for cracks and other non existence problems on basically brand new games that did not show up until the games arrived back to me. Now I have started to put the games in like a inch of foam and there rejecting my items saying there wrong. The last two games I sent there were essentially new, opened and looked at them and sent them in. Today I get notice Street Fighter IV was the wrong item. Checked all my game cases and nothing is out of order. If they send me back Street Fighter IV or a game I never owned I will be so pissed. Moreover it has droped to like $6 trade in value.:bomb:

[quote name='freeorelse']So you bought a box and envelope sounds like and the Amazon reimbursed you for them. You scored.[/quote]

No. The box and envelope were mine from home. Everything was already packaged up before I went there. The charges were for them to just accept my packages.

[quote name='mrman1980']how long does it take to get back the rejected items....?[/QUOTE]

I have had 2, one took about two weeks the other was over a month.

Has anyone submitted a general complaint to Amazon CS about Noram's recent behavior? It might be worthwhile to start making some noise, especially before any sort of promo arrives (ex. if Noram starts unfairly reducing trade-ins to a value below $60 thus killing any promo bonus that might exist, a lot more people are going to get a lot more upset real quick).

The more that speak up, the better chance that CS might see a trend and bother telling someone who can actually do something.

[quote name='estofan']This is the first time I heard of UPS charging a customer for a pre-paid drop off label. Did you get a receipt to show that they charged you? If not, it might be some pissed-off minimum wage worker trying to earn a few extra bucks this holiday season.[/QUOTE]

There is a pharmacy in my town that advertises itself as an authorized UPS drop-off center. They will charge you $1.50 per package for drop-offs with prepaid labels. My UPS driver said this was because they weren't making any money off the prepaid labels.

Does anyone know if there are different versions of Brutal Legend for the PS3? I've had this game rejected twice now as "incorrect item." The first time I figured it was just typical NorAm, but now it's been rejected again.

[quote name='kapkorn']I mailed a textbook trade-in on the 9th and still no credit :/[/QUOTE]

Hey Icedrake & Kapkorn,

What kind of correspondence have you gotten from Amazon on your textbook trade in status? I am thinking about trading in a few textbooks and I can't find ANY information online about how the transactions have gone. I might just sell them myself if I can't find any information. Let me know how it goes if you don't mind as there is nothing online regarding textbook trade in experiences.

[quote name='ACS']Hey Icedrake & Kapkorn,

What kind of correspondence have you gotten from Amazon on your textbook trade in status? I am thinking about trading in a few textbooks and I can't find ANY information online about how the transactions have gone. I might just sell them myself if I can't find any information. Let me know how it goes if you don't mind as there is nothing online regarding textbook trade in experiences.[/QUOTE]

I traded some in a week before this one and didn't have troubles, not sure what the deal with this one is.

[quote name='kapkorn']I have had 2, one took about two weeks the other was over a month.[/QUOTE]

Was that for textbooks though? They would send those back via media mail. Since the media mail option went away for game trade-ins I've gotten stuff back in a week, tops (because they send them back via first-class mail).

I'm still waiting on a few trades from before Christmas, then have one more to send out next week. Then I think I'm done for a while. GS keeps outdoing NorAm anyway (especially with that $20 TiV bump deal - I sent in several games for $10-$12 at Amazon that ended up being on that list :bomb:).

I checked the OP and looked through the thread but I didnt see an answer to this.

Can I use the credit I recieved from Trade-ins and apply it to existing pre-orders?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Dahk']I checked the OP and looked through the thread but I didnt see an answer to this.

Can I use the credit I recieved from Trade-ins and apply it to existing pre-orders?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]Yep, once you have the credit on your account, you'll see the option when looking at your order details to apply the credit to your order.

I just had an 8 game trade accepted with no problems today! Just wanted to report something good here since it seems people only post when there's a problem ;).

Of course, I wish now that I had saved a few of the games for the GS $20 deal (like Fable II). Oh well...

[quote name='botticus']Yep, once you have the credit on your account, you'll see the option when looking at your order details to apply the credit to your order.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir!

[quote name='Whateley']I have a code for $30 off a new console sold by amazon.com if anyone wants it. It expires on Dec. 31.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I used mine on the PSP Gran Turismo pack last week when it dropped to $169.99. It appears to be back to $199.99 now.

But yeah, just a reminder that people better get on with using those now along with the $30 game credits. Though there's a chance they will continue to work for another month as these codes have in the past.

[quote name='Whateley']I have a code for $30 off a new console sold by amazon.com if anyone wants it. It expires on Dec. 31.[/QUOTE]

If you're giving it away, I'll take it. My brother is wanting a DS, so this will bring it down to the Black Friday price for him.

Got 6 games accepted yesterday. First trade in to amazon, netted me $106. Good stuff. Just bought some Turtle Beach X41's with that and the $20 MW2 bonus.

I have a package that was attempted to deliver since dec 23 and they were closed. That was the last update. WTF!!!!

i have had no problem, i had a bunch i should have waited, but at amazon i can spend it on other stuff, a new blu ray player and car radio for my girl . all in all was a one week turn around

I sent 3 packages, total of 23 games. Some games are 3 copies of each x360, wii and PS3 and all are accepted today.

I just shipped off 2 packages($80 worth of games in one, and $80 of TV DVD sets in the other) yesterday, and this is my first time doing it, so I'm a little nervous that they'll take my stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back