CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bob330i']I've had the same experiences as IO, next day after delivery is when I get the "shipment received" email from Amazon. However, it took over 3 weeks to get there this time. Fortunately, nothing got rejected.[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me, shipped on the 21st, and no update on their website. On the 4th, I had an email saying it was received. Later that day the tracking info (on amazon) changed to from nothing at all to it was processed and sent to NorAm on the third, none of my games got rejected, so I was content

I actually just experienced a longer processing time. My two packages were delivered on Tuesday morning and credited today. But usually it is only a day or two.

[quote name='toomuchpie617']do ups drop boxes get picked up on Saturdays?[/QUOTE]

You would have to check the box's listed times. The ones at my mall do, but the ones by my house aren't.

Also, I'd avoid drop boxes as they can't give you a receipt (which would be helpful if the box goes missing)

has anyone traded in Gears of War 2 GOTY edition? Do they reject your trade if you used the map codes? Otherwise it makes no sense for them to give more for GOTY than the original..

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']has anyone traded in Gears of War 2 GOTY edition? Do they reject your trade if you used the map codes? Otherwise it makes no sense for them to give more for GOTY than the original..[/QUOTE]

I sent them the GOTY w/ used codes and got credit. I thought it was odd too, but they took it.

[quote name='reddjoey']I sent them the GOTY w/ used codes and got credit. I thought it was odd too, but they took it.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually send them the card with the codes on it?

[quote name='austenwithane']Well ACS, let me know when yours does get changed from Not Yet Received - Im about a day behind you it looks like![/QUOTE]

Still no change yet but I'll keep you updated. From what everyone is saying (with the snow storms and related delays) it might take longer than usual. I'm needing it in fairly soon as well!

Alaska sucks, it takes UPS over two weeks to get packages to them. They arrived Thursday but I still haven't gotten credit yet either. Hopefully it won't be too long. They are usually pretty fast with it, but it seems they're taking their time now, or a lot more people are trading games in through Amazon and that is what is causing the delay.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Did you actually send them the card with the codes on it?[/QUOTE]

I think so, but it was clearly used (I line through my codes with a sharpie after I use them)

I traded in a book through USPS on December 9th, after a few weeks I sent an email and they said if I don't get my credit by the 10th then to email them again. I did that this morning and they said I have to provide the tracking number for them to investigate. Well I used their USPS shipping label, which has no tracking number. So I guess either them or USPS lost it so now I am screwed?

Posting for information:

FROM FL

Sent : 1/6/2010
Arrived: 1/10/2010
Credit: 1/13/2010

Sent : 1/11/2010
Arrived: 1/14/2010
Credit: 1/16/2010

So there hasn't been a new trade-in promo since that extra $30 credit towards a console back in....October or so?

That sucks. I have about $100 worth of games i was looking forward to trade in.

[quote name='kapkorn']I traded in a book through USPS on December 9th, after a few weeks I sent an email and they said if I don't get my credit by the 10th then to email them again. I did that this morning and they said I have to provide the tracking number for them to investigate. Well I used their USPS shipping label, which has no tracking number. So I guess either them or USPS lost it so now I am screwed?[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting this and your update. I sent in some stuff via USPS and was worried as well--it seems like that may be alright.

I did send in a UPS package that I spoke of on the previous thread page. That package was APPROVED today. I'm hoping the USPS shipment follows the same suit soon.

[quote name='Viol8tor']So there hasn't been a new trade-in promo since that extra $30 credit towards a console back in....October or so?

That sucks. I have about $100 worth of games i was looking forward to trade in.[/QUOTE]

yeah i have about 10 games at the moment to trade in, but currently amazon has the least TIV compared to gazelle and gamestop (after bonuses from those two).

Traded ACII when it was still 37.50 (i think 2 days later it got changed to 31.50) and just received a message today saying I sent in a "incorrect item". So what are they going to send me back? Assassins Creed 1?

[quote name='y2jasper']yeah i have about 10 games at the moment to trade in, but currently amazon has the least TIV compared to gazelle and gamestop (after bonuses from those two).[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as to what those games are because I've had several games to trade over the last month and for the most part Amazon beat GS even with promos and easily beat Gazelle (which I have found to be crap recently). I'm willing to take a little less at Amazon than GS though (since I have plenty of GS credit and it is much less useful), so it has to be 25% or so higher at GS for me to consider it worthwhile to bring there. Of course, GS is useful for trading the disc-only or otherwise incomplete or "incorrect" items (cover/UPC variations and such).

What bonus is there at Gazelle now? I was only ever able to use 2 bonus codes a long time ago and they never seemed to come out with new ones.

[quote name='io']What bonus is there at Gazelle now? I was only ever able to use 2 bonus codes a long time ago and they never seemed to come out with new ones.[/QUOTE]

There's a new one-time use code TWEET10 which gives you an additional 5% boost, and also a HAPPYHOLIDAYS code which gives you extra $5 (but doesn't work on video games).

Thanks for the update ACS. I'm holding out for tomorrow since initally my trade was received the day after yours!

[quote name='ACS']Thank you for posting this and your update. I sent in some stuff via USPS and was worried as well--it seems like that may be alright.

I did send in a UPS package that I spoke of on the previous thread page. That package was APPROVED today. I'm hoping the USPS shipment follows the same suit soon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='io']I'm curious as to what those games are because I've had several games to trade over the last month and for the most part Amazon beat GS even with promos and easily beat Gazelle (which I have found to be crap recently). I'm willing to take a little less at Amazon than GS though (since I have plenty of GS credit and it is much less useful), so it has to be 25% or so higher at GS for me to consider it worthwhile to bring there. Of course, GS is useful for trading the disc-only or otherwise incomplete or "incorrect" items (cover/UPC variations and such).

What bonus is there at Gazelle now? I was only ever able to use 2 bonus codes a long time ago and they never seemed to come out with new ones.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised to see you say Gazelle has been crap lately, they base their TIV on Amazon!

The way to really catch Gazelle is between their updates, because they only seem to update weekly on Monday where as Amazon does almost daily. If something has tanked on Amazon in the past couple of days (price drops), Gazelle likely has the great value from a week ago. I've been exclusively trading with Gazelle (online) ever since Amazon stopped their promo's, and still GS for their good promo's like the $20 deal recently.

[quote name='io']I'm curious as to what those games are because I've had several games to trade over the last month and for the most part Amazon beat GS even with promos and easily beat Gazelle (which I have found to be crap recently). I'm willing to take a little less at Amazon than GS though (since I have plenty of GS credit and it is much less useful), so it has to be 25% or so higher at GS for me to consider it worthwhile to bring there. Of course, GS is useful for trading the disc-only or otherwise incomplete or "incorrect" items (cover/UPC variations and such).

What bonus is there at Gazelle now? I was only ever able to use 2 bonus codes a long time ago and they never seemed to come out with new ones.[/QUOTE]

well as someone said before it looks like gazelle just matches amazon's TiV (the biggest difference between the two for any games i had was $.75). adding the automatic 5% bonus for getting amazon credit, and the new tweet10 brings it to an extra 10%. i mean it isn't that much more then amazon, but every bit counts.

and ok gamestop isn't as great now that the trade 4/$20 deal ended yesterday, but the new 30% bonus brings it around amazons TIV.

This matching must be new because when I was pricing some of the stuff I got from HWV 3-4 weeks back it seemed that for things Amazon would give $12-$15 for Gazelle was giving $4 or $5. I never noticed ANY corelation whatsoever with Amazon trade-in values.

Edit - well, what do you know, it does seem that way now. It definitely was not that way last time I checked. Everything is either the same or 25-75 cents less. Still, I guess I prefer Amazon directly unless it makes a huge difference as I'll get the credit about 4x faster. But somehow I never saw a post about this anywhere before now!?

Oh well, I just sent in my last package to NorAm and don't have much left to trade except for some $8 stuff that I may just end up keeping. I sent all the extra $10-$15 stuff I had over the last few weeks.

thanks for the update on Gazelle will use it again after I get through this patch of orders that I need the credit faster

[quote name='intuition']Traded ACII when it was still 37.50 (i think 2 days later it got changed to 31.50) and just received a message today saying I sent in a "incorrect item". So what are they going to send me back? Assassins Creed 1?[/QUOTE]

I just had the same thing happen, though my game was substantially less (Spider Man: Web of Shadows). I think I've traded over $100 in games since the program started and this is the first problem I've had.

I guess I have to take a photo of me packaging up the games now. :roll:

According to the e-mail I received, I should be getting it back in 14 days. I suspect the trade in price will drop.

Going back up a couple posts, I did an Amazon and TRU comparo before Christmas and they're fairly close (within 50 cents or so) if not identical.

[quote name='bob330i']Going back up a couple posts, I did an Amazon and TRU comparo before Christmas and they're fairly close (within 50 cents or so) if not identical.[/QUOTE]

I think Amazon is the standard for "good" TIV's right now so all of the companies are just using rough estimates based on Amazon. It's funny though, because all things are essentially equal at that point and then you have to determine 1) Which credit is most beneficial? 2) Which service is most reliable? 3) Which service is the quickest? The answers to those three questions probably drive you to the service you use.

While Amazon credit is value, cash is more valuable to me, so that coupled with the reliability is why I choose Gazelle who is not the quickest compared to Amazon. If you don't care about cash versus credit, and you like the speed of Amazon you go with them although they have taken a hit in reliability. For others they may settle for TRU credit because they can go to their local store and get that instant gratification which is also very reliable.

[quote name='austenwithane']Thanks for the update ACS. I'm holding out for tomorrow since initally my trade was received the day after yours![/QUOTE]

No problem! I am still waiting on my USPS package to be approved, though (I think I shipped it two days after the other one).

They even accepted a game without a manual, which is kinda sweet and somewhat YMMV from what I'm told. They must have been running low on stock or something.

[quote name='ACS'] They even accepted a game without a manual, which is kinda sweet and somewhat YMMV from what I'm told. They must have been running low on stock or something.[/QUOTE]

Was about to ask this question:

I have 2 copies of Mario Party 8, in there original case and cover art work, but with no manual.

Will this be a trade in issue with Amazon? Anyone else trade in games with no manuals?

I saw it at one point. It was EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis for the Wii. It was $26 bucks and then 20 minutes later, it was gone. If you do a search for it, it shows the $26 tiv.

[quote name='Estebon']I saw it at one point. It was EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis for the Wii. It was $26 bucks and then 20 minutes later, it was gone. If you do a search for it, it shows the $26 tiv.[/QUOTE]

You can always check the tracker too - sort by price and whatever had the biggest jump is often the trade-in of the day.

I sent a package on 1/8 and the tracking says it was delivered 1/10 but I haven't received an e-mail saying my trade in was received. When I check the status on the website it still says not received yet. am i being impatient?

[quote name='austenwithane']Jesse - they seem to be backed up. I had almost 3 full days from when UPS delivered to where they actually changed the status from Not Yet Received.[/QUOTE]
oo alright good to know. thanks

[quote name='Jesse757x']I sent a package on 1/8 and the tracking says it was delivered 1/10 but I haven't received an e-mail saying my trade in was received. When I check the status on the website it still says not received yet. am i being impatient?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had one get there 8am on 1/10 and got the credit email at 10am 1/13.. I'd imagine you should see it soon

Another good experience for me.

I submit the trade on 12/25, supposed to send by 1/1. I sent it on 1/5, they received it on 1/12 (per UPS tracking). Got my credit today 1/14.

Both games are L4D2 complete with manual and case, but both discs have that rings eventhough it's not that bad. They accept both.

I can't ship till 1/5 because I ordered both games from GS during B2G1F, and didn't arrive till 1/4.

Sending them :ds: Uno/Skip-Bo/Uno Freefall tomorrow. I bought a couple copies at Target on clearance for $3.74 each, and they're going to Amazon for $10 each.

Trade-in of the day is Wet for PS3 at $25. It is $22.49 used at Gamestop after Edge discount, so its useful if you want to move GS credit to Amazon (and can find used copies near you).

EDIT: I just noticed that Gamestop's product page mentions the $24.99 used price is 'online only', so I'm actually not entirely sure how much it costs used in-store.

EDIT2: I just called my local GS and the in-store used price is $26.99, or $24.29 after Edge. Still a good 1-to-1 if you're looking to move credit from GS to Amazon.

[quote name='Jesse757x']my assassins creed 2 got rejected for "incorrect item" :roll:[/QUOTE]

I think I figured out with my "incorrect item" return from them. The game came back with an "Incorrect UPC" sticker slapped on the front. Sure enough, the version I have is a special edition of the game that came from Best Buy that included a "limited edition" art concept book.

Same game, but unrecognizable by their intake system because of the altered UPC.

Hilarious.

Just curious if the Amazon FAQ for the trade-in program has always said this, particularly the bolded?

What happens if my trade-in isn't accepted?
Items that are materially damaged or that do not match the items on the trade-in list are not eligible for return to you, and may be disposed of by the merchant and may not be returned to you. All other items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt. The reasons why your trade-in submission could be rejected include: items are damaged or non-working; incorrect items are included in your package; for textbooks, the ISBN on your trade-in submission doesn't match the ISBN listed on the packing slip, had torn or missing pages, cover was in bad condition, study guides and workbooks had answers filled in, had water damage (e.g., wavy, discolored or swollen pages), was issued with CD-ROMs, but CD-ROMs were not shipped; materials such as artwork or manuals are missing; the original UPC is missing; or the item is postmarked later than 7 days after submission.

The first sentence of the answer seems to contradict the rest of it, but I dunno, was just wondering as I've never read the fine print that closely, haha.

[quote name='Jesse757x']my assassins creed 2 got rejected for "incorrect item" :roll:[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me with Transformers. I called Customer service and some guy from India told me that the UPC did not match. Whatever :roll:

[quote name='Smoove_B']I think I figured out with my "incorrect item" return from them. The game came back with an "Incorrect UPC" sticker slapped on the front. Sure enough, the version I have is a special edition of the game that came from Best Buy that included a "limited edition" art concept book.

Same game, but unrecognizable by their intake system because of the altered UPC.

Hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother calling them. I did and wasted 15 minutes of my life.

[quote name='mkernan']Trade-in of the day is Wet for PS3 at $25. It is $22.49 used at Gamestop after Edge discount, so its useful if you want to move GS credit to Amazon (and can find used copies near you).

EDIT: I just noticed that Gamestop's product page mentions the $24.99 used price is 'online only', so I'm actually not entirely sure how much it costs used in-store.

EDIT2: I just called my local GS and the in-store used price is $26.99, or $24.29 after Edge. Still a good 1-to-1 if you're looking to move credit from GS to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. It will be a slight loss after taxes for me in CA but probably worth the move since I want to buy some stuff at Amazon and my credit there is getting a bit low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back