CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']Yeah, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with bucknut's question which is what they do if they are sent a day late. Of course it could always change, but we've had numerous reports here that they've accepted items sent late (even later than that). Now, if they reject them as the "wrong item" that is a different issue. This will almost surely happen if you send an alternate UPC from the "main" one for the game (though it seems to happen for no reason on occasion too). And that is just plain stupid on NorAm's part because it is nearly always the exact same thing and it costs them to have to return them.[/QUOTE]

So if one UPC is wrong will they send all my games back or just the one?

[quote name='mitemouse']Anybody know why the black Nyko Charge Station for Xbox 360 are fetching a high TIV at Amazon.com? are they rare? the white version doesnt even get an offer... I locked it in at 26.75 for two of them cause have a few of them still sealed..

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Charge-Station-Black/dp/B000RLPDZO[/QUOTE]

they're near impossibel to find. don't give Noram your stuff, list it on amazon as im sure it will sell for the prices on their since i doubt any more will be made. I still have one from the Sears Clearance when it was $4.97 :whistle2:D

[quote name='animemaniac14']they're near impossibel to find. don't give Noram your stuff, list it on amazon as im sure it will sell for the prices on their since i doubt any more will be made. I still have one from the Sears Clearance when it was $4.97 :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

yeah i got mine from kmart for $3 a piece..:D
so you are staying people are retarded enough to pay $60-70 for a third party charger and battery packs? why? cant we get official charge packs for about $10?..

[quote name='mitemouse']Anybody know why the black Nyko Charge Station for Xbox 360 are fetching a high TIV at Amazon.com? are they rare? the white version doesnt even get an offer... I locked it in at 26.75 for two of them cause have a few of them still sealed..

How would I send mine in if I don't have the packaging anymore, therefore no UPC code?

EDIT: Do they require UPC codes for these types of trade-ins?

[quote name='bigdogn12']How would I send mine in if I don't have the packaging anymore, therefore no UPC code?

EDIT: Do they require UPC codes for these types of trade-ins?[/QUOTE]

on a similar note i had a nintendo usb wi-fi adapter, it had no packaging but i sent it to them, it ended up getting rejected. i emailed amazon about it since it's ridiculous to expect accessories to have upc's or even packaging, and even the images of the trade ins show the items, not them inside packaging.
i ended up getting two replies; the first said that i would need everything for it to be expected, but then about 10 minutes later i got a second email telling me to disregard the first and they manually gave me the credit for the item.

it still got sent back so next time i trade something in i might send it again.

[quote name='Bucknut']So if one UPC is wrong will they send all my games back or just the one?[/QUOTE]

Just the one.

Heads up to anyone wanting to convert Gamestop credit to Amazon credit. The trade-in of the day is Valkyria Chronicles at $20. Gamestop has it for $19.99 new and $17.99 used.

Another potential (and sadly online only) GS -> Amazon credit moving opportunity:

Assassin's Creed II currently on sale for 32.99 used online or 24.94 after CAG16 + EDGE.
3 x ACII :360: from GS = 74.82 (pre tax)
3 x ACII :360: to Amazon = 86.25

It can be done with the :ps3: version also, but that'll only net you 75.00 trade-in to Amazon.

[quote name='handsomepete']Another potential (and sadly online only) GS -> Amazon credit moving opportunity:

Assassin's Creed II currently on sale for 32.99 used online or 24.94 after CAG16 + EDGE.
3 x ACII :360: from GS = 74.82 (pre tax)
3 x ACII :360: to Amazon = 86.25

It can be done with the :ps3: version also, but that'll only net you 75.00 trade-in to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Actually you would be better off buying 3 copies of NBA 2k10. Same $17 price drop AC2 got, but it trades for $30 at Amazon still. I think I'm going to transfer some GS to Amazon and make some money while I'm at it. Thanks for posting this, as it made me check what other price drops GS did.

3 x NBA2k10 from GS = $74.82
3 x NBA2k10 to Amazon = $90

Nice they still took my trade even though it was a day late. But they didnt take my motorstorm that came with my ps3 since it didnt have a upc, i figured why not try and trade it to them.

[quote name='anthfett06']Actually you would be better off buying 3 copies of NBA 2k10. Same $17 price drop AC2 got, but it trades for $30 at Amazon still. I think I'm going to transfer some GS to Amazon and make some money while I'm at it. Thanks for posting this, as it made me check what other price drops GS did.

3 x NBA2k10 from GS = $74.82
3 x NBA2k10 to Amazon = $90[/QUOTE]

I'm doing the Brutal Legend and NBA 2K10 trades but it runs $31.49 -> $30 for me. I don't think ordering them online is a great idea because you may not get them in time (unless you pay for faster shipping) and they may not come complete. $75 -> $90 would be nice, but I'm not going to risk having to deal with returning the GS.com copies to the store when they come too late/incomplete.

[quote name='io']I'm doing the Brutal Legend and NBA 2K10 trades but it runs $31.49 -> $30 for me. I don't think ordering them online is a great idea because you may not get them in time (unless you pay for faster shipping) and they may not come complete. $75 -> $90 would be nice, but I'm not going to risk having to deal with returning the GS.com copies to the store when they come too late/incomplete.[/QUOTE]

I ordered 3 NBA 2k10 on Wednesday night, they're scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday.

[quote name='io']I'm doing the Brutal Legend and NBA 2K10 trades but it runs $31.49 -> $30 for me. I don't think ordering them online is a great idea because you may not get them in time (unless you pay for faster shipping) and they may not come complete. $75 -> $90 would be nice, but I'm not going to risk having to deal with returning the GS.com copies to the store when they come too late/incomplete.[/QUOTE]

I've had real decent luck doing online GS to amazon flips, but I have a GS right by my work that let's me mix and match cases/manuals to get complete and good condition copies. so I suppose I get to cheat a little.

Gamestop -> Amazon credit transfer (if you can find it). Beatles: Rock Band (PS3 - game-only) is the trade-in deal of the day for $30. Sells used at gamestop for $32.99, or $29.70 after Edge.

Had a question for anyone trading in DVDs/BDs.

I submitted well over the $50 threshold in two different trade-ins, and was told I didn't qualify for the promo ($10 off a Blu-Ray) because 1 order had 1 missing title, and 1 order had the wrong one.

Even with both of those being rejected, I was well over $100 in trades on both orders!

Is this typical Amazon policy or did I get an obnoxious CSR?

Complete my first Amazon trade-in within the past 2-3 months today. Sent them 6 games, 2 titles with 3 copies each, and no problems.

I like Amazon credit because it's as good as money in most cases as you can buy nearly anything on Amazon, but it's not like cash where I will end up spending it on bills or something.

Yep - and it made Christmas shopping so much easier this past year. My wife mentioned things she wanted to get for her parents and such, and I just ordered them from Amazon in a minute. That's why I don't mind transferring GS credit at a small loss over to Amazon (as I am doing now with Brutal Legend and NBA 2K10). There aren't too many things for me to buy at GS these days, but at Amazon I've bought toys, a vacuum cleaner, and a DVD player just recently.

Yup, Gamestop don't sell 1080p 240mhz LCDs and cases of Horizon milk singles - this stuff tastes good, is organic, and doesn't require refrigeration!

Has anyone had any luck resubmitting something that has been rejected? NorAm rejected some 360 hardware I sent in saying it was defective, but when I got it back, it works and looks perfectly fine...

A lot of drops / trade-in value increases today - make sure to check the tracker if you've been piling up a trade-in. A couple things of note:

Mass Effect LE :360: - 40.00
Destroy all Humans! Path of the Furon :ps3: - 20.00
Endless Ocean: Dive, Discover, Dream :wii: - 20.00
NBA Live 10 :ps3: - 30.00
Resistance 2 :ps3: - 10.00
Xbox 360 Arcade - 28.00 (ha!)
Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition :ps3: - 22.50 (down 22.00!)
Dragon Age: Origins :360: - 22.50 (down 5.50)

Yet another Gamestop online (only) -> Amazon credit conversion:

Gamestop - Left 4 Dead 2 :360: - 32.99 (~$25 after CAG16 + EDGE) + tax
Amazon TIV = 31.00 (~+$5 per copy)

Have fun!

Thanks handsomepete, ordered 3 of them. The thing is, I don't have this game yet. Is it worth keeping one copy? Or would you rather trade them all in and purchase a new copy for not much more.

Just a follow-up, I sent two opened black nyko charge stations in at the 26.75 trade in value.
Had no UPC or original packaging but my account was credited successfully.

If anyone can get their hands on Horse Life :ds: from gamestop, it sells used for 12.99 and is presently trading in at 30.00 at amazon. Something similar for Iron Chef America :wii:

[quote name='handsomepete']If anyone can get their hands on Horse Life :ds: from gamestop, it sells used for 12.99 and is presently trading in at 30.00 at amazon. Something similar for Iron Chef America :wii:[/QUOTE]

Good find. The only problem is GS's near me rarely have cover art for DS games.

[quote name='dino88']Good find. The only problem is GS's near me rarely have cover art for DS games.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to print my cover art, but does Amazon require manuals for trade-ins?

[quote name='bigdogn12']I'm going to print my cover art, but does Amazon require manuals for trade-ins?[/QUOTE]

The only time I've had a trade rejected was because COD4 didn't have a manual.

[quote name='bigdogn12']I'm going to print my cover art, but does Amazon require manuals for trade-ins?[/QUOTE]

I traded 1 copy of Mario Party 8 in last time with no manual, they accepted it. YMMV it seems do.

Speaking of Covert art: I have a copy of RE5 with none. Any links and/or tips to printing replacement cover art, anyone?

[quote name='Viol8tor']I traded 1 copy of Mario Party 8 in last time with no manual, they accepted it. YMMV it seems do.

Speaking of Covert art: I have a copy of RE5 with none. Any links and/or tips to printing replacement cover art, anyone?[/QUOTE]

RE5 for PS3 or Xbox 360? Go to this website, http://www.covergalaxy.com/forum/ and look under your respective system. Print it on glossy photo paper at 100% with no shrinking or stretching.

Gotta love Amazon...

Today's DOTD is Wii New Super Mario Bros for $30! Wow, just yesterday it was $31.25, so this must be a deal of the day!

This is the first time I recall them lowering a trade-in value for the DOTD.

Trade values on Iron Chef and Horse Life have plummeted now. Still searching to see what the next good trade is with Amazon.

So I forgot UPS Ground does not ship on weekends. (my postmark deadline being Sunday 2/21).

I still brought the package in to my UPS Store last Saturday to drop off. I figured it would be ok since some people were reporting having no issues but when I just checked the UPS tracking info just now and it stated "BILLING INFORMATION VOIDED" and nothing else besides the initial BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED. I also got a trade-in cancellation notice from Amazon. Does that mean the item didn't even leave the UPS store? What usually happens to the package when this happens? Does it go to the return address or am I able to just go pick it up?

I'll stop by the UPS Store tomorrow to ask but I figured why not ask y'all in case someone's been dumb like me in the past. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed the deadline today, so I just went to my 24 hr post office and paid to send them. fuck it. It was too good a flip to waste to them.

A bunch of trade in values went up by a lot overnight. Uncharted 2 went from 31-37 overnight. ME 2 is up to 45. I can't remember ever seeing an amazon value that high. I wonder if they are competing with GS 50% promo.

I think they are erock. I have actually been looking to trade in UC2 (2 times thru is enough I'll pick it back up for 10~15 if I ever want it again). This is perfect timing!

AOT:40th Day is 33 bucks also, which is 3 bucks higher than the last few weeks. And MW2 is 34.50.

[quote name='converse']Gotta love Amazon...

Today's DOTD is Wii New Super Mario Bros for $30! Wow, just yesterday it was $31.25, so this must be a deal of the day!

This is the first time I recall them lowering a trade-in value for the DOTD.[/QUOTE]

You'll be happy to know that the value jumped up to 37.50 today. Who knows what was going on that day - maybe they were just fishing for copies from people who don't know the real value of it before they raised it.

If you're looking for a GS to Amazon flip, gamestop.com has mass effect 2 used for about 38 after cag16 and edge, and its TiV is 45 at amazon...

So here's my story for the day.

Today I received three Mass Effect 2s from Gamestop that I intended to send to Amazon to move my credit over. There were a couple unusual things with my Gamestop order:

1. Much to my surprise when I opened the box there was a Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition in there along with the 2 regular copies.

2. All copies were in pristine condition, except that the paper cover on the CE (which normally Gamestop would throw away) was slightly torn in a couple places.

3. One of the regular copies appeared to contain a Cerberus Network code that hadn't been used.

So this all seems super, right? Except what I really wanted to do was move some credit over. So now:

- Since I have a CE which is a different SKU I can't trade it in. I have to send it today to be within the time window.
- I'm reluctant to modify the number of ME2s I'm trading in since the value may or may not lower
- Since I couldn't help but be curious I tried to see if the Cerberus code was valid (it was) and I've now tied it to my stupid email address instead of giving it to someone who'll use it
- I don't think I can even get as much selling the CE on Ebay without the included codes than I could trading a regular edition in to Amazon.

So any suggestions? I know that for most people this would be a windfall so I'm not trying to be all complainy about it - I honestly can't decide what to do. I guess I could actually play the game, but my backlog is queued up for at least 3 more games ahead of this. I could return it but there's something that really irks me about giving this out of print collector's edition back to Gamestop for the mere $39 I paid for it.

[quote name='handsomepete']So here's my story for the day.

Today I received three Mass Effect 2s from Gamestop that I intended to send to Amazon to move my credit over. There were a couple unusual things with my Gamestop order:

1. Much to my surprise when I opened the box there was a Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition in there along with the 2 regular copies.

2. All copies were in pristine condition, except that the paper cover on the CE (which normally Gamestop would throw away) was slightly torn in a couple places.

3. One of the regular copies appeared to contain a Cerberus Network code that hadn't been used.

So this all seems super, right? Except what I really wanted to do was move some credit over. So now:

- Since I have a CE which is a different SKU I can't trade it in. I have to send it today to be within the time window.
- I'm reluctant to modify the number of ME2s I'm trading in since the value may or may not lower
- Since I couldn't help but be curious I tried to see if the Cerberus code was valid (it was) and I've now tied it to my stupid email address instead of giving it to someone who'll use it
- I don't think I can even get as much selling the CE on Ebay without the included codes than I could trading a regular edition in to Amazon.

So any suggestions? I know that for most people this would be a windfall so I'm not trying to be all complainy about it - I honestly can't decide what to do. I guess I could actually play the game, but my backlog is queued up for at least 3 more games ahead of this. I could return it but there's something that really irks me about giving this out of print collector's edition back to Gamestop for the mere $39 I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

well just send the 2 normal copies to amazon by themselves, they won't give you credit for the missing game, but you'll get the $80 for those two atleast. and hm the collector's edition is a bit more complicated...maybe print out the boxart, use an old game case, and ship the game+manual and keep the collector's box? that way if you buy the game later on, you can have a collector's box :)

edit: and well if you do that, send all three together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back