CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='teiresias']Just curious if the Amazon FAQ for the trade-in program has always said this, particularly the bolded?

The first sentence of the answer seems to contradict the rest of it, but I dunno, was just wondering as I've never read the fine print that closely, haha.[/QUOTE]

It's had that wording since late October early November but in email and on Amazon personalized TIV page it says they do return/returned item.

well I sent in Gears 2 goty edition. Hopefully it doesn't get rejected since Microsoft just repackged the normal gears 2 game with a goty slipcover and a download card for all fronts that I already redeemed..

hm so today's ToTD is mario super sluggers for $24. i actually have this game from months ago, but i've never played it. i paid very little for it so i could make a profit trading it in, but is it worth playing?

Moved forward for information

FROM FL

Sent : 1/6/2010
Arrived: 1/10/2010
Credit: 1/13/2010

Sent : 1/11/2010
Arrived: 1/14/2010
Credit: 1/16/2010

So, you can receive credit on a Saturday.

[quote name='jkircos']Does the Wolfenstien from Best Buy have a different UPC than others? Mine got rejected for wrong item. So I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

Let's all contact Amazon to request that they include the specific UPC accepted on trade ins. The incorrect item seems to happens all the time, especially with Gamestop originated special new releases...for me so far - Batman, ghostbusters, RE5

I got my credit today too, after sending it off Monday and it getting there Thursday.

Almost $175 of credit to use now. What to buy, what to buy.

[quote name='Jesse757x']my assassins creed 2 got rejected for "incorrect item" :roll:[/QUOTE]

One of the two I submitted got rejected for the same reason. Both were identical copies - non "special editions". I guess I'll see what version they return to me.

[quote name='RavenHawk']One of the two I submitted got rejected for the same reason. Both were identical copies - non "special editions". I guess I'll see what version they return to me.[/QUOTE]

Did the value drop since you submitted them? All my rejections were after a tiv drop. I had "locked" in higher tivs, some trade of the day.

Wow, I just had Need for Speed Shift on PSP drop from 15 to 4.25 in the past two days while I was out of town. May need to wait a little while before trading that one in.

So my package of 3 rockbands that I submitted that took 30+days to arrive is going to be returned to me because ups fucked up the delivery. Like this is my fault?

[quote name='Estebon']So my package of 3 rockbands that I submitted that took 30+days to arrive is going to be returned to me because ups fucked up the delivery. Like this is my fault?[/QUOTE]

I would call customer service, that's not your fault at all. If you still have your receipt from UPS, you can prove to amazon it was sent in seven days of the order being placed.

I see many of you are trading in Hollywood Video games and getting credit... did yours all come with manuals?

Have any of you tried printing cover art for your hollywood video games? I"ve printed many of them on glossy brochure paper with photo quality printing and they look great.

[quote name='bigdogn12']I see many of you are trading in Hollywood Video games and getting credit... did yours all come with manuals?

Have any of you tried printing cover art for your hollywood video games? I"ve printed many of them on glossy brochure paper with photo quality printing and they look great.[/QUOTE]

I traded a few things in from HWV, but they were games I tested and didn't like and were complete (instructions and original box art, not the HWV ones). Since they were originally complete there was no issue, except for a copy of F.E.A.R. 2, which had an incorrect UPC (it was correct, but by the time I got it back the TiV had dropped.)

Before I bought anything from that sale I made sure it at least had the instructions in it. (Just popped the box opened to see if there was a manual inside before grabbing it.) There were a few games that I need to print cover art for like Tales of Vesperia. (I'm a completist like that.)

[quote name='Toss']Did the value drop since you submitted them? All my rejections were after a tiv drop. I had "locked" in higher tivs, some trade of the day.[/QUOTE]

Of course they did. Funny how that worked out.

For anyone keeping score, there was a mighty wave of drops this morning (or so sayeth the tracker). Mostly small drops, but a number of heavy hitters that are generally good clearance or bb rz flips hit the floor as did several of the xx10 sports titles (fifa 10, nba 2k10, etc). Maybe either a new promo is coming (I hope!) or they've started communicating with retailers to be ahead of the flipping curve (I hope not!).

Finally had my last trade-in accepted with no problems. I don't have much to send it at this time. I was finally able to get to Best Buy just last night but of course by the time I did so the values of the free/cheap games (Suduko Ball Detective and Spectrobes Origins) had dropped to miniscule amounts so that's a no-go. So for now, anyway, I'll be taking a small break from Amazon trade-ins.

What I really need, though, instead of retail purchase flips anyway, are some good GS-to-Amazon flips. I would much rather have a chunk of my GS credit over at Amazon since I rarely buy anything at GS any more. Of course it really requires a B2G1 at GS to make that work out so hopefully one will come along soon after GS builds their stock back up (their stores were pretty empty around here after the holidays). But given that I don't mind a flat trade or even a slight loss on tha transfer I should have more options.

Sent off my first trade of 2010 today - here's hoping it all goes through as the trade-in value of every single item in that box has plummeted since I locked it!

Sent in 4 games and got 3 of them accepted. 2 of the 4 were from the hastings b2g1 and the one that got rejected I bought for $1 (had a crack in the middle ring). My Halo 3 also got accepted even after the tiv dropped. I locked it in at $15 and the day I sent it they dropped it down to $8.

[quote name='io']What I really need, though, instead of retail purchase flips anyway, are some good GS-to-Amazon flips. I would much rather have a chunk of my GS credit over at Amazon since I rarely buy anything at GS any more. Of course it really requires a B2G1 at GS to make that work out so hopefully one will come along soon after GS builds their stock back up (their stores were pretty empty around here after the holidays). But given that I don't mind a flat trade or even a slight loss on tha transfer I should have more options.[/QUOTE]

Ditto here. Someone last Friday mentioned the close to 1:1 flip on Wet PS3 from the TIDOD ($25). Picked up 3 over the weekend and will get the package out today in the mail.

OK, it's been a while since I traded in anything to Amazon...but did they do away with the locking-in of a TIV? I submitted a trade on Monday, went to edit the number of items today, and am going to lose $1.50 per copy. Not a huge deal, but I was only getting $4.75 per copy anyhow.

I checked the OP before posting and as of the last update on 1/13, it still says lock = submit your trade.

EDIT: Maybe there's a cookie, I was updating on a different computer from which I originally submitted the trade-in.

So the package they rejected because of UPS stupid shipping mistake is here now. Guess what, the games I traded in have gone up in price. So I'm going to resubmit them and ship them out tomorrow and now get $9 bucks more. Stupid idiots.

[quote name='io']
What I really need, though, instead of retail purchase flips anyway, are some good GS-to-Amazon flips. I would much rather have a chunk of my GS credit over at Amazon since I rarely buy anything at GS any more. Of course it really requires a B2G1 at GS to make that work out so hopefully one will come along soon after GS builds their stock back up (their stores were pretty empty around here after the holidays). But given that I don't mind a flat trade or even a slight loss on tha transfer I should have more options.[/QUOTE]

I am trying to do the same thing. I just keep an eye on the trade of the day. The ones I've tried are a wash or a slight loss but I have such a rediculous amount of GS credit (after these last $20 trade promos and HWV SALE) so I'm willing to take a slight loss . I'm trying to save up for a 1080p tv for my gaming and bluray.
Most recently I locked in 3 copies each of WET ps3 and Brutal Legend ps3 $25/30. Both have dropped recently at GS. I pick up used copies. I only worry about being stuck with multiples if the dicks at noram decide the don't want any more and label them "wrong item" because of UPC issues. We need to start a sub thread of rejected UPCs for games with multiple releases as well as the accepted versions' UPC. So we can verify before we purchase for flips.

Checked the original PC from which I "locked in" the TIV. Every time I modify the quantities on my submitted trade, it changes the base TIV for each item.

[quote name='eugaet']Checked the original PC from which I "locked in" the TIV. Every time I modify the quantities on my submitted trade, it changes the base TIV for each item.[/QUOTE]

When you update the quantity on your trade it will automatically adjusts the price to the current TIV. So whenever I trade in something that may drop in price I submit two trades with 1 and 2 copies. That way if I can't get more copies I just cancel one of the trades. The cancelled trade won't count against your limit of 3 per item as long as you cancel within the shipping period.

Also locked in Luigi's Mansion for GameCube since it's $3.50 at GS with edge and TIV of $7.50.

A day late and $4.25 short, but yesterday's TIV DOTD (Wii Animal Crossing) was a pretty good GS->Amazon flip of $16.19 (after Edge) to $16.00. I grabbed 3 PS3 Brutal Legends too, $31.49 (after Edge) -> $30.00 Amazon each. I'm not so concerned losing that $4.50 on free credit from SBD.

[quote name='evenfl0w']When you update the quantity on your trade it will automatically adjusts the price to the current TIV. So whenever I trade in something that may drop in price I submit two trades with 1 and 2 copies. That way if I can't get more copies I just cancel one of the trades. The cancelled trade won't count against your limit of 3 per item as long as you cancel within the shipping period.[/QUOTE]Thanks for this. I ended up trading those games elsewhere, but I locked in Luigi's Mansion using this method.

[quote name='evenfl0w']
Also locked in Luigi's Mansion for GameCube since it's $3.50 at GS with edge and TIV of $7.50.[/QUOTE]

Just checked gamestop.com for availability and the price was 14.99. Did they raise the price today?

gah....i knew i shouldve re-submitted my trade in of brutal legend so i can have extra time to play it.

oh well, i have tonight and tomorrow morning.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']gah....i knew i shouldve re-submitted my trade in of brutal legend so i can have extra time to play it.

oh well, i have tonight and tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! Well, it was still $30 earlier this evening. Luckily I did resubmit one of mine then and now I have till next Monday to finish it (and I'm already about half done anyway). I need to get a few more copies though...

So, the USPS package of textbooks that I sent in like 3-4 weeks ago still (supposably) has yet to arrive. Tonight, I get an email from Amazon saying that my tradein has expired since it's been past 25 days.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I contacted Amazon like 4 days ago or something and they said to wait until the 29th and contact them again. And then I got that email tonight. So, now I'm wondering whether to contact Amazon again or try to find the third party's info and contact them.

The weird thing is that I sent in Darksiders exactly a week ago and have already got 35 bucks in credit. Yet, I sent that one package in quite a while ago and have nothing.

For future reference, I'd highly recommend not using USPS and stick with UPS.

[quote name='io']D'oh! Well, it was still $30 earlier this evening. Luckily I did resubmit one of mine then and now I have till next Monday to finish it (and I'm already about half done anyway). I need to get a few more copies though...[/QUOTE]

that should be plenty of time unless youre doing all the sidequests. i just played through the whole game this morning (no class today) and it took me about 6-7 hours with no sidequesting on normal.

Damn, Dark Void is only trading in for $26.00. Going take it since I really only paid $30 and I need to pay off some other crap

My most recent trade-in arrived yesterday and cleared this morning. No problems whatsoever on 5 games (including a chewed up copy of Borderlands) even though all of them have lost a lot of their value since I submitted. Amazon, I still love you. Now where's my promo you bastard?

Anyone that's willing to roll the dice with gamestop.com to move GS credit to Amazon, you can currently get NBA2K10 :360: used for 27.71 + tax online after CAG16 (24.94 w/ Edge) which trades to Amazon for 30.00. So for at least a one time shot assuming all of the moons align in your favor you should be able to go from $80 GS credit -> $90 Amazon credit for the max of 3 trade-ins. PS3 version is out of stock, but if it comes back that'd be good for another swaperoo.

[quote name='handsomepete']Anyone that's willing to roll the dice with gamestop.com to move GS credit to Amazon, you can currently get NBA2K10 :360: used for 27.71 + tax online after CAG16 (24.94 w/ Edge) which trades to Amazon for 30.00. So for at least a one time shot assuming all of the moons align in your favor you should be able to go from $80 GS credit -> $90 Amazon credit for the max of 3 trade-ins. PS3 version is out of stock, but if it comes back that'd be good for another swaperoo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up handsomepete. I"ve been checking Amazon Trade-in of the Day daily to see if there's anything worth swapping Gamestop credit for. Is it safe to say that the online price isn't the same as in store? Is this usually the case?

Thanks again and its of great help that people post possible conversion opportunities from Gamestop to Amazon.

[quote name='bigdogn12']Is it safe to say that the online price isn't the same as in store? Is this usually the case?[/QUOTE]

GS will usually have a little "Online price only" tag on the website if it's online only pricing. That said, I think the two (online and in-store) can vary wildly and it's always best to call / visit your b&m store to check price before expecting them to be the same.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']that should be plenty of time unless youre doing all the sidequests. i just played through the whole game this morning (no class today) and it took me about 6-7 hours with no sidequesting on normal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I actually beat it last night right at the start of my third night of playing (ending came very suddenly and unexpectedly - I thought there would be a whole nother section to open up since I was missing so many major secrets like solos and forges and such). I continued to play for a while to get the collection stuff. I may try for 100% there though those bound serpents are a pain. I should be able to do that by Monday - except I want to play Mass Effect 2 now ;).

So considering I wasted an hour or two on some stage battles and also wasted about an hour on one of the story stage battles (when I redid it I beat it in about 5 minutes ;)) the game is very short. It probably took me 9 hours but given the extra time I spent looking for stuff before the end I'd say you could beat it in 4-5 if you went straight through.

Now I just have to get 2 more copies to send in ;).

I'm sure the NBA 2K10 price is $34.99 in store, making it much like Brutal Legend was ($31.49 -> $30). Not bad if you have credit to get rid of. I may lock in 1 or 2 and give that a little play as well as I've never actually tried an NBA game before.

Has anyone had to send Amazon an email to get your Blu-Ray $10 promo code? They verified my trade-in package on Jan. 16, and I've yet to receive the promo code yet for trading in a minimum of $50 in DVDs (which mine came to around $66).

Just sent them an email and we'll see what happens.

So some things came up and I shipped my games 8 days later. How strict are they with the 7 days thing. I sent them an email explaining my situation. Will they still take it? I just looked up the prices again and ill lose $28 if they dont.

[quote name='Bucknut']So some things came up and I shipped my games 8 days later. How strict are they with the 7 days thing. I sent them an email explaining my situation. Will they still take it? I just looked up the prices again and ill lose $28 if they dont.[/QUOTE]

It depends. If the items go down on value, they will return them to you. Sending emails will not help. They don't care.

I sent them Transformers for $18.50 in TIV, they returned the game saying I sent the wrong item. Total bullshit.

I really hope they take them, because I just re-did the math and ill lose $39 if I have to resend them.

[quote name='oasisboy']It depends. If the items go down on value, they will return them to you. Sending emails will not help. They don't care.

I sent them Transformers for $18.50 in TIV, they returned the game saying I sent the wrong item. Total bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with bucknut's question which is what they do if they are sent a day late. Of course it could always change, but we've had numerous reports here that they've accepted items sent late (even later than that). Now, if they reject them as the "wrong item" that is a different issue. This will almost surely happen if you send an alternate UPC from the "main" one for the game (though it seems to happen for no reason on occasion too). And that is just plain stupid on NorAm's part because it is nearly always the exact same thing and it costs them to have to return them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back