Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slbrey']Most of the order was old Wrestling dvds to be honest...I dont watch them anymore and am willing to take what I can get its not a big thing....The blu-ray I got decent prices for....

I could see maybe 1 or two being rejected because of shipping but my whole order?

I will say the lady on the phone was very nice and said if she finds out my package came in damaged they will remedy the situation which is cool but this is alot of hassle.[/QUOTE]

they probably said "fuck this, it's useless" and changed their minds :lol:

[quote name='bananafish900']I had two successful trade-ins for the 50% off coupons with HWV stickers intact. I verified the barcodes were showing on all. No problems whatsoever. Is this YMMV?[/QUOTE]

thanks but its the hwv coverart, not the stickers that we are concerned about. the coverart contains game instructions on the back. maybe that is what you meant?

well i tried to add DC and insurance to each of my trade ins thus far, but the people at the post office always said i couldn't do it. today i went and said that they should be able to scan the barcode and it should give an option to add the services, but she kept telling me that they couldn't do that and the barcode didn't work. oh well just have to have faith in USPS...

has anyone gotten their game rejected because it was damaged? I'm wondering what their criteria of what "damage" is. I got my game returned to me today because it was "damaged" yet I see no signs of scratches or a cracked disc. I sent in another PSP game that had more scratches yet, they accepted that. WTF?

anyone want to swap a 50% off code for a $30 credit code? I know its not a great deal but i want to get the CODMW2 Prestige Edition and i missed out on the promotion but got the newest promotion.

I too was plagued today by the "it's a special pre-paid label and thus we cannot add Delivery Confirmation" onto the item at a nearby Post Office.

Congrats on those who were able to get this done...

So I got my "Damaged Item - Cracked" game back. And it does indeed have the tiniest crack right in the clear plastic at the very center. It is no longer than 1mm and being in the clear plastic at the center (and nowhere near the data area) it wouldn't be a problem. But I have had GS reject discs for similar things before so it's not surprising. However, I'm pretty sure this disc did not have that when I sent it in, so I attribute it to rough handling when they removed it to check. Had it been any other disc I sent in I wouldn't be too sure, but on that one I specifically switched it out at GS for a better copy and checked it thoroughly. Be warned, though, this crack is barely noticeable so they appear to be examining these things with bright lights and magnifying glasses. Send in only near-mint stuff if you don't want any trouble (though I did this and still got trouble).

Luckily on this one trade (which was my first for the $30 coupon) I padded enough to come out ahead even with the rejection. But the game itself is worth considerably less now so that is somewhat annoying. I may try to return it to GS as defective - they'll probably just swap it out for me though.

speedrunner - I may get that as well. Is it wireless when used with Rock Band? It just seems like a waste since I already have multiple drums and am getting the Beatles ones as well. Bah... But it is so cheap after coupon and I need to use that on something. I need to decide whether I want the 360 or PS3 ones though. Does anyone know how much the module for each system costs (and if they are even sold separately?). They don't seem to be listed on Amazon which worries me. It seems many people would want to get the modules for 360 and PS3 to move them back and forth.

Man, I don't know what the USPS is doing, but one of my trades has been sitting at the MA sort center for six-fucking-days. Lol, they really don't give a shit about media mail.

Yeah, but at least you know it made it somewhere. This one is worse:

Class: Package Services
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was accepted at 5:01 PM on July 31, 2009 in **my town and zip**. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

So, 7 days and it hasn't gone anywhere. Well, I assume it has but they must have just missed the scan they usually do in Federal Way, WA at the sorting facility. All my other packages get scanned there within 1 or 2 days of when I mail them.

By the way, I knew using big boxes might cause problems. The clerk today asked me if what I had in there qualified for media mail because it didn't seem nearly heavy enough. I think to most PO employees media mail means books and if your box is 12 x 12 x 6 or so as these were, they ought to be pretty damn heavy. I told him I was just being cheap and it was 3 DVD-case video games in there (and I was using a free box I found). He was OK with that - but further down the line they might not be. We'll see... I guess I'm going to have to go buy some small boxes or large padded envelopes from now on.

[quote name='io']Yeah, but at least you know it made it somewhere. This one is worse:

So, 7 days and it hasn't gone anywhere. Well, I assume it has but they must have just missed the scan they usually do in Federal Way, WA at the sorting facility. All my other packages get scanned there within 1 or 2 days of when I mail them.[/QUOTE]
My latest trade looks like that, since they always make it to the local sorting facility on the first day and so far hasn't been updated in two days. God, you should be given compensation like 'your next shipping is free if we forget to give you a receipt'.

Lazy bastards.

[quote name='Porpoise King']Where/how do you get the 50% off any game/accessory coupon?[/QUOTE]

It was from the previous Amazon trade-in promo. You can't get them any more, sorry ;). The current $30 promo is effectively the same thing for any regular $60 game, though, and even better on cheaper stuff (e.g., I preordered Persona PSP for $1.44 after gold box + ECA + $30 coupon).

[quote name='io']It was from the previous Amazon trade-in promo. You can't get them any more, sorry ;). The current $30 promo is effectively the same thing for any regular $60 game, though, and even better on cheaper stuff (e.g., I preordered Persona PSP for $1.44 after gold box + ECA + $30 coupon).[/QUOTE]

Ahh, that sucks. I was hoping to pick up MW2 Prestige edition for 75$. I might just do the deal and put the $90 towards it so that its only the normal $60.

I've had media mail + DC packages shipped and received w/o it ever leaving the acceptance state on the USPS site. Makes me wonder what I'm paying for sometimes.

Currently "tracking" an Amazon trade-in package that I dropped off at the PO on Monday. Still at acceptance state on Friday.

Dc doesn't directly include tracking, only delivery confirmation, if you read the extra stuff any kind of tracking is basically a bonus. Kind of annoying and I wish they were as good as fedex or ups where I can track any/every package the entire journey.

[quote name='eugaet']I've had media mail + DC packages shipped and received w/o it ever leaving the acceptance state on the USPS site. Makes me wonder what I'm paying for sometimes.

Currently "tracking" an Amazon trade-in package that I dropped off at the PO on Monday. Still at acceptance state on Friday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's no doubt that that happens frequently. It's just that all the others I've sent in showed a scan almost immediately at the sorting facility so this one stands out as unusual (at least now). But I probably really shouldn't worry about it unless the ones I sent afterwards start getting there and this one still shows nothing.

Still, though, it should at least show when it is delivered. Any updates along the way are really a bonus as it isn't tracking but just "delivery confirmation" after all.

(Edit - D'oh, Vortextk beat me to it - damn me and my multiple rewrites ;))

Well i found a use for my first $30 coupon. Just noticed this last night

$39.99 Gears of War 2 GOTY

Anyone else think the price is kinda low? I also couldn't find any official announcement on it. It appears on Amazon and now Newegg. Anyway, it will come out to $6 after coupon+ECA and it comes with $5 in MP3's. Very nice deal. Hopefully this will help put some games in my damn goldbox! :)

I actually bought the standard GeoW2 from gamestop earlier this week with the 35% off coupon ($23 total). I returned it today and just now realized that the guy gave me $32 credit back :lol:

if anyone is looking for a 50% off coupon, please cml or PM me, i'm open to any offers. I shouldn't really be spending any money right now, thanks.

[quote name='io']
speedrunner - I may get that as well. Is it wireless when used with Rock Band? It just seems like a waste since I already have multiple drums and am getting the Beatles ones as well. Bah... But it is so cheap after coupon and I need to use that on something. I need to decide whether I want the 360 or PS3 ones though. Does anyone know how much the module for each system costs (and if they are even sold separately?). They don't seem to be listed on Amazon which worries me. It seems many people would want to get the modules for 360 and PS3 to move them back and forth.[/QUOTE]
I can't decide what to use that coupon on either. I was hoping to just buy something to sell locally on CL and free up the cash. Just can't decide what would be the easiest flip. I was thinking the beatles bundle for $125 after cpn. Figure it is $250 at release + tax= 265-270 for the not so bright shopper. I originally figured I could sell it quick for $200 but am not so sure anymore. Considerin the massive drops on all these older music bundles. Any thoughts as to a good quick flip? Obviously, if all I flip for profit is 30-40 I'd just buy something I want.

[quote name='Japakneez']thanks but its the hwv coverart, not the stickers that we are concerned about. the coverart contains game instructions on the back. maybe that is what you meant?[/QUOTE]

Possibly, some of the games looked decidedly non-standard for the cover art. In fact I got two copies of MLB power pros, one had no pics on the back just a description. The other had screen shots, but both had bar codes. If that's what you're talking about they took those games fine.

Sorry about my ignorance--was my first time buying from HWV.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
browse-icon-ps3._V25365407_.gif
PLAYSTATION 3

Trade-in Value: $28.00

[quote name='backseatdog']if anyone is looking for a 50% off coupon, please cml or PM me, i'm open to any offers. I shouldn't really be spending any money right now, thanks.[/QUOTE]
I also have an extra 50% off coupon and $75 off a console coupon that I'm willing to sell at the right price. PM me an offer if interested.

Looks like Uncharted is back on the trade in deal of day for a nice $28. Now I dont feel so bad about missing the last time it was up there.

[quote name='SolidMGSnake']Looks like Uncharted is back on the trade in deal of day for a nice $28. Now I dont feel so bad about missing the last time it was up there.[/QUOTE]
Also cashing in on this one.

I think I'm gonna trade in my Uncharted as well, since that will put me over the top on another $60. I do want it in my collection, but I'm not going to play it again anytime soon & I'm sure the price is going to drop on it soon.

I haven't finished Uncharted but at $28 I have to give it up...I will definitely pick it up down the road hopefully when it's $15 or under.

wow wtf i traded in perfect conditions of fight night round 4 and ufc 2009 however fight night round four was rejected because it was not the right item how stupid are they? I know for a fact it was the right item what should i do i already called amazon twice no help now i cannot get the extra 30 dollars wtf!!!!

To be honest (as much of a logistical headache it might be) they should give us the option to have our trades sent back to us if one or several of our items are rejected...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']To be honest (as much of a logistical headache it might be) they should give us the option to have our trades sent back to us if one or several of our items are rejected...[/QUOTE]

yea i emailed them back and asked them the only reason they sent it back to me was because the trade in value went down the next day 10 dollars worth they do not want to lose money and this is very unfair the game was in perfect condtion no scratches or anything

Anyone here buy XBOX Points cards or Live games with Amazon credit? It seems like it will only do credit card purchases. ECA doesn't work on it either.

Edit: Ok it doesn't work on the digital version of the points card that is emailed to you. So i guess live games won't work either. We can use our gift card balance and ECA on the card that is physically shipped out

woooooo. Just managed to get the Playseat Evolution Seat for 98 bucks. For the 50% promotion discount. I got the G25 for 80 bucks. What a steal. For those of you still interested just email them via amazon.com help. promotional codes. then send an email with the link to the 50% promo page. then search for the item under their video game store copy a link of that. tell them that the code should work since it listed under video games. send them your promo code and bam few hours later they will say sorry the code couldnt be applied we have adjusted the code manually and BAM. there is your discount.

[quote name='lakers2008']woooooo. Just managed to get the Playseat Evolution Seat for 98 bucks. For the 50% promotion discount. I got the G25 for 80 bucks. What a steal. For those of you still interested just email them via amazon.com help. promotional codes. then send an email with the link to the 50% promo page. then search for the item under their video game store copy a link of that. tell them that the code should work since it listed under video games. send them your promo code and bam few hours later they will say sorry the code couldnt be applied we have adjusted the code manually and BAM. there is your discount.[/QUOTE]
Bam!

[quote name='dansoccerball']yea i emailed them back and asked them the only reason they sent it back to me was because the trade in value went down the next day 10 dollars worth they do not want to lose money and this is very unfair the game was in perfect condtion no scratches or anything[/QUOTE]

Is that in an e-mail or some type of written communication? Enticing people to submit trade-ins, only to reject one item because of the trade-in value decreasing (in a system where the values automatically decrease based on the number of trade-ins) is something you should push with Amazon customer service, because I'm sure they would love to hear about fraudulent behavior by one of their contracted third parties.

Also, where on their site does it say that you are not entitled to have your entire trade-in returned to you in the event that one item from your trade-in is rejected?

[quote name='dansoccerball']yea i emailed them back and asked them the only reason they sent it back to me was because the trade in value went down the next day 10 dollars worth they do not want to lose money and this is very unfair the game was in perfect condtion no scratches or anything[/QUOTE]

Did they actually say this to you, or are you just inferring that? 'cause that's a pretty bold claim right there. But the trade-in values bounce all over the place all the time so I can't imagine that's any sort of real reason. I mean, every trade-in deal of the day goes down by $10 or so the next day :lol:.

And this will piss you off even more: my trade of 2 x FNR4 got accepted and credited today, no problem.

According to DC I had 3 arrive today (including the one I posted about earlier that never got an update during transit - so that was a relief). I got credited for TWO of them. It's odd that the third one hasn't gotten credited as they all arrived at pretty much the same time. At this point it will probable be Monday before I hear anything about it. But it is nice to know they do accept and process trades on Saturday as my other two didn't get there till this morning and were credited within a few hours.

In other news, I got some interesting picks in my Gold Box today. None of them are my primary targets (c',mon Demons Souls LE and NSMB Wii!) , but some stuff I might consider getting:

Cross Edge for $44.64
Mana Khemia 2 for $37.99
Eternal Poison for $35.14
Disgaea 2 PSP for $26.59

The problem is I only have 1 $30 code right now (1 more I should get any minute and 2 more in a few days). So I can only get one of these with the discount. I'm thinking maybe Cross Edge. Then I may just buy Disgaea 2 anyway since it is under $30. But apparently I've honed my picks to show I'm interested in JRPGs. I just wish they'd get Demon's Souls up in there ;).

Edit: Well, crap, the reviews for Cross Edge are mixed at best. Not sure I want to use a code on that, though I should end up with plenty of them. It just seems that will be cheap down the line anyway (probably not too far from now). But then again, it could end up being rare :whistle2:k...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']Did they actually say this to you, or are you just inferring that? 'cause that's a pretty bold claim right there. But the trade-in values bounce all over the place all the time so I can't imagine that's any sort of real reason. I mean, every trade-in deal of the day goes down by $10 or so the next day :lol:.

And this will piss you off even more: my trade of 2 x FNR4 got accepted and credited today, no problem.

According to DC I had 3 arrive today (including the one I posted about earlier that never got an update during transit - so that was a relief). I got credited for TWO of them. It's odd that the third one hasn't gotten credited as they all arrived at pretty much the same time. At this point it will probable be Monday before I hear anything about it. But it is nice to know they do accept and process trades on Saturday as my other two didn't get there till this morning and were credited within a few hours.

In other news, I got some interesting picks in my Gold Box today. None of them are my primary targets (c',mon Demons Souls LE and NSMB Wii!) , but some stuff I might consider getting:

Cross Edge for $44.64
Mana Khemia 2 for $37.99
Eternal Poison for $35.14
Disgaea 2 PSP for $26.59

The problem is I only have 1 $30 code right now (1 more I should get any minute and 2 more in a few days). So I can only get one of these with the discount. I'm thinking maybe Cross Edge. Then I may just buy Disgaea 2 anyway since it is under $30. But apparently I've honed my picks to show I'm interested in JRPGs. I just wish they'd get Demon's Souls up in there ;).[/QUOTE]

well i know that the games were in perfect condition no scratches or nothing i traded tons of thing into amazon with no problems so i sent them a ton of emails and they gave me the 30 dollars extra even though my trade was only 29.50 since my fight night round 4 was rejected. So i end up getting back fight night round four back and got 59.50 for one game which was ufc 2009. SWEET!!! ok and i have a question about the gold box thing that everyone is talking about what does it do? wWhere is it? i see the gold box on the top menu of amazon. Are there good deals or something because i am just not seeing it

[quote name='dansoccerball']well i know that the games were in perfect condition no scratches or nothing i traded tons of thing into amazon with no problems so i sent them a ton of emails and they gave me the 30 dollars extra even though my trade was only 29.50 since my fight night round 4 was rejected. So i end up getting back fight night round four back and got 59.50 for one game which was ufc 2009. SWEET!!! ok and i have a question about the gold box thing that everyone is talking about what does it do? wWhere is it? i see the gold box on the top menu of amazon. Are there good deals or something because i am just not seeing it[/QUOTE]

Well, aren't you lucky!

Yes, click on the Gold Box at the top and you get a small selection of items (usually 6-9 or so, which could be anything) that are usually 5% further discounted just for you for that day. If you aren't seeing many games in there try tweaking your recommendations, and marking games you like (but don't want to show up) as owned by you and reviewing them with 5 stars. You can also chose to remove items from the recommendations. I'm not sure how much effect this has but the amount of games i'm getting does seem to have increased since I did this about a week ago.

So, the third set of games received from me today by NorAm is showing on my account as "Processing". I hope that is not a bad sign as I've never seen that before. The only other person I've seen mention this is our friend slbrey who said all his were rejected (though he said they emailed him this while it still showed processing which is odd - I'd think they wouldn't email till processing was complete). This is a shipment where I didn't send everything in because it was too late to edit (yet still the last eligible day to mail so it should be OK there). I hope that doesn't cause problems - maybe they just needed a bit more time to review it to make sure they didn't miss something. I did put a note in saying I decided to keep a few of the games instead of sending them in (which is true).

[quote name='io']Well, aren't you lucky!

Yes, click on the Gold Box at the top and you get a small selection of items (usually 6-9 or so, which could be anything) that are usually 5% further discounted just for you for that day. If you aren't seeing many games in there try tweaking your recommendations, and marking games you like (but don't want to show up) as owned by you and reviewing them with 5 stars. You can also chose to remove items from the recommendations. I'm not sure how much effect this has but the amount of games i'm getting does seem to have increased since I did this about a week ago.

So, the third set of games received from me today by NorAm is showing on my account as "Processing". I hope that is not a bad sign as I've never seen that before. The only other person I've seen mention this is our friend slbrey who said all his were rejected (though he said they emailed him this while it still showed processing which is odd - I'd think they wouldn't email till processing was complete). This is a shipment where I didn't send everything in because it was too late to edit (yet still the last eligible day to mail so it should be OK there). I hope that doesn't cause problems - maybe they just needed a bit more time to review it to make sure they didn't miss something. I did put a note in saying I decided to keep a few of the games instead of sending them in (which is true).[/QUOTE]

so i should just rate some ps3 games that i already have right?

[quote name='dansoccerball']so i should just rate some ps3 games that i already have right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and more importantly, go through your "Recommendations" and click "Not interested" on ones you don't want showing up in the Gold Box. I had to do this to about 100 books last week.

[quote name='io']Yes, and more importantly, go through your "Recommendations" and click "Not interested" on ones you don't want showing up in the Gold Box. I had to do this to about 100 books last week.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks so much

My gold box is finally starting to show items i kinda have interest in. Seems like pre-ordering Gears 2 GOTY is helping. I now have a 360 wireless controller, Logitech G15 keyboard, and some video game books in my gold box :)

To reiterate. It seems that i have done all the tricks except buy an actual video-game product. Now that i have done so, it is starting to work.

Does anyone know if you can use more then one coupon with an amazon order, especially on the same game? I've got a $10 coupon for Wii Sports Resort and I should be getting a $30 coupon from my trade-in, but I haven't gotten it yet. I was just going to try but now there's a delima in that WSR is in my Gold Box. If I can't stack the coupons I'd like to take advantage of that and use the $10 coupon, but if I can stack then I'll wait and use both coupons, forgoing the gold box. Anyone know for sure?

[quote name='crunchewy']Does anyone know if you can use more then one coupon with an amazon order, especially on the same game? I've got a $10 coupon for Wii Sports Resort and I should be getting a $30 coupon from my trade-in, but I haven't gotten it yet. I was just going to try but now there's a delima in that WSR is in my Gold Box. If I can't stack the coupons I'd like to take advantage of that and use the $10 coupon, but if I can stack then I'll wait and use both coupons, forgoing the gold box. Anyone know for sure?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why you could not stack "coupons" and "codes". I did recently with my Tekken 6 LE order, as well as Batman Arkham Asylum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back