Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slbrey']Its called having a job and buying things you enjoy and when u are done with them you trade them in to get more things...

Enjoy sitting at a computer and trying to talk out your ass?

You are prob some fat red haired 12 year old retard trying to save up money to get a wii and get fumeing mad to see someone actually be more wealthy then u.[/QUOTE]

lol, wow, I can tell that you're going to be a popular one around here... we've been without a village idiot for far, far too long ;)

i usually wait to get an email from Amazon telling me my items were received.. well today on a gmail email account that usually gets every Amazon email, it didnt come.. but it shows up as received when i log in into my trade in account.

also my turn arounds have been pretty good.. I mailed my two packages from Charlotte, NC at 2pm on Monday and received credit today at 1pm Thursday..

Also i used the DS Phoenix Wright flip.. mailed a total of 9 Phoenix Games and all were accepted.. I did have complete copies with the case and booklet tho.

Gamestop to Amazon 1:1 flip

:wii:
Indiana Jones: Staff of Kings $19/$14

Its the last day for gamestops 35%. This was the best coupon ever! I wonder whats next??? If you can find Donkey Kong then you can probably find Indy to pair it with. Good luck ;)

[quote name='converse']I sent in 5 boxes on 7/29, 3 of them have reported as received with credit applied on 8/4, and only of the 3 received qualified for the promo, which I got today 8/6. That's some of the quickest turnaround I've had. I'm really hoping they receive the other two though, because both of those were $60+ and I'd like more promo's.[/QUOTE]

The last two orders that I had shipped on 7/29 completed today with credit on my account.

In summary, 5 orders sent 7/29, 3 received 8/4, 2 received 8/6, 1 promo received 8/6, waiting for final 2 promos.

Let me add, I've done about 10-15 trades through Amazon now, and never had to wait longer than two weeks to get the trade through, although the promo codes can take 2-10 days before receipt.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']lol, wow, I can tell that you're going to be a popular one around here... we've been without a village idiot for far, far too long ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh yes im a village idiot because im telling a moron off who decided to try and insult me for no reason in a thread he has yet to post on topic in....Yup somehow im a idiot for doing so...

How about this....When I want lip from you I will jiggle my zipper alright?

[quote name='slbrey']Oh yes im a village idiot because im telling a moron off who decided to try and insult me for no reason in a thread he has yet to post on topic in....Yup somehow im a idiot for doing so...

How about this....When I want lip from you I will jiggle my zipper alright?[/QUOTE]

I think the CAG boards are supposed to be a bit more civilized than the other boards you frequent. I have a feeling your stay here won't be for too long...

In other news, my shipment I sent on the 27th was finally received and credited. Now I'm just waiting on the 30.

Sent in my package today. Hopefully it doesn't take forever for them to accept and hopefully everything goes through :D. The $30 and 50% codes aren't stackable right?

[quote name='DarkTang']Sent in my package today. Hopefully it doesn't take forever for them to accept and hopefully everything goes through :D. The $30 and 50% codes aren't stackable right?[/QUOTE]

Does it say anywhere they aren't? I mean for batman I'm stacking 50%, eca and 5$ off(though none of those are the same "kind" of coupon, I guess). Plenty of people have both that could try it out I guess. I won't be getting my 30$ off for a few weeks.

Im posting on topic and only responding to idiot comment with idiot comments...

Also DarkTang dont hold your breath you wont see any credit till september.

[quote name='Vortextk']Does it say anywhere they aren't? I mean for batman I'm stacking 50%, eca and 5$ off(though none of those are the same "kind" of coupon, I guess). Plenty of people have both that could try it out I guess. I won't be getting my 30$ off for a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

I tried on DJ Hero Limited. It wouldn't stack 50% off with $30 off.

again I think GameStop offers a much more stable trade in service you get whatever credit the day u do the trade and they will also run deals and such for trade ins.

[quote name='slbrey']again I think GameStop offers a much more stable trade in service you get whatever credit the day u do the trade and they will also run deals and such for trade ins.[/QUOTE]

Says the guy who works for Gamestop. I'm kidding.

Gamestop can't touch Amazon's trade in deals. I've never seen anything from Gamestop that even approached the 50% off coupon that ran last month or even the bonus $30 for this month. Amazon credit also applies to anything (books, music, movies, etc) vs. Gamestop which can only really be applied to games.

I'm never going to trade my stuff into Gamestop again if Amazon keeps up these deals.

[quote name='slbrey']again I think GameStop offers a much more stable trade in service you get whatever credit the day u do the trade[/QUOTE]

So do you dislike ordering stuff from amazon too, because you don't get the items right when you submit the order?

[quote name='slbrey']again I think GameStop offers a much more stable trade in service you get whatever credit the day u do the trade and they will also run deals and such for trade ins.[/QUOTE]

why didn't u just ship it our priority mail then...you didnt have to use their media mail label.. seeing you work and all

[quote name='Brother Daz']I sent in my games on the 27th and am still waiting, does it really take 14 buisness days like their FAQ says is can take?TIA[/QUOTE]
It was approved today, so from what I have been reading, I will get my $30 in the next couple days or so, correct?

Because its more sensible to do free shipping unknowing to me I figured that standerd mail will take a week tops but in almost any other case shorter amount of time judgeing by how close the destination is.

Like I said I sent a email to amazon expressing my concern and they said it could take up to 30 days....30 days....again 30 days....to ship a few states....I DONT THINK SO.

There throwing me through a loop and even tho many people claim to have had good standing with there orders there will always be a chance that someone will get the shit im getting right now which makes gamestop better hands down.

All awhile my shit is god knows where and in god knows what condition by now...If I traded to gamestop id prob be already tradeing in some of the games I traded in the games I shipped last week to get.

Time is money and my time is being waisted

[quote name='slbrey']Time is money and my time is being waisted[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I feel after reading one of your posts.

[quote name='ikaden']
I'm never going to trade my stuff into Gamestop again if Amazon keeps up these deals.[/QUOTE]

While generally I agree with what you were saying, a real CAG will trade into Gamestop in order to get credit to buy games to trade into Amazon. Maybe even back again. :)

[quote name='Japakneez']Gamestop to Amazon 1:1 flip

:wii:
Indiana Jones: Staff of Kings $19/$14

Its the last day for gamestops 35%. This was the best coupon ever! I wonder whats next??? If you can find Donkey Kong then you can probably find Indy to pair it with. Good luck ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I found two DK games but both were cart-only. However, I found a ton more Star Wars Lightsaber Duels today ;). One store had 5 of them - I bought 3 no problem (unlike yesterday at another strore when they told me it was GS company policy to limit purchases of all items to 1 per person). I also found a few more Endless Ocean, so I'm pretty set on a couple of trades to send in from all that. I can pass on the DK one since I have so much to send in from the previous few days.

[quote name='crunchewy']While generally I agree with what you were saying, a real CAG will trade into Gamestop in order to get credit to buy games to trade into Amazon. Maybe even back again. :)[/QUOTE]

^^ This. Also, if I sent $250 worth of stuff in one package I would have gotten DC for sure and probably insurance as well. At least with the DC you'd have some idea where it is while in transit and you wouldn't have to freak out or blame Amazon for it (until it shows delivered that is). I am having an issue with one package I sent last week in that the DC has not updated at all and every other one I sent got tagged as going through the Federal Way, WA sorting facility within a day or two of me mailing it. But it has only been a week - far too early to do anything about it yet.

Sent off my package today. I tried another post office, but this one refused to add DC as well. :bomb:

I didn't add any substantial padding to make up for something should it be rejected since Star Wars dropped so much. I double checked everything to make sure it was in order, so I'm going to be pissed if an item gets rejected and puts me under the limit.

FWIW, I talked with the people at my post office again regarding the DC situation. According to two separate postal workers (who both seemed very competent), DC is available on pre-paid packages on a zip code by zip code basis--some destinations will allow it and others will not. Supposedly all you need to do is type it into the computer and it will automatically be denied if it's not available for that specific destination.

I'm in the midst of moving and will need to start using a new post office myself... hoping that I'm able to convince the new office that delivery confirmation works just fine on these packages.

Hey what's up guys. What does Limit one discount per household, per qualifying order mean? If I have 4 orders over $60, do I only get one $30 bonus. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

For anyone that is being told that you can't add DC and/or insurance to the package with a pre-paid mailing label, the post office employee is completely wrong.

All they need to do is scan the barcode on the shipping label and they'll see that DC and/or insurance can be added at your cost.

Every package I've sent to Amazon for trade-ins (movies, not games) has had insurance and a DC on it, paid at my cost. The first couple of times, the USPS rep has explained that it can't be added, etc., and all they do is scan the barcode and they change their tune.

[quote name='slbrey']Because its more sensible to do free shipping unknowing to me I figured that standerd mail will take a week tops but in almost any other case shorter amount of time judgeing by how close the destination is.

Like I said I sent a email to amazon expressing my concern and they said it could take up to 30 days....30 days....again 30 days....to ship a few states....I DONT THINK SO.

There throwing me through a loop and even tho many people claim to have had good standing with there orders there will always be a chance that someone will get the shit im getting right now which makes gamestop better hands down.

All awhile my shit is god knows where and in god knows what condition by now...If I traded to gamestop id prob be already tradeing in some of the games I traded in the games I shipped last week to get.

Time is money and my time is being waisted[/QUOTE]Look here, for starters:

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm100/choosing.htm

Media mail is listed as 2-8 days shipment timeframe, and it's one of the lowest classes of service. They ship it when they have room to ship it, and express mail, priority mail, first class and parcel post all precede it in shipping timeframes. It's not a time-guaranteed service.

Plus, if you're shipping something with a $250 value on it, not spending the $3-5 to put a DC # / signature confirmation on it and insurance to cover a possible loss is taking a chance something can happen to it.

It sounds like you should have used some of that "wasted" time and put insurance and a DC # on it. You'd have more information about it that you do now.

[quote name='darkturkish']Hey what's up guys. What does Limit one discount per household, per qualifying order mean? If I have 4 orders over $60, do I only get one $30 bonus. Any help would be awesome. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I was about to post the same question. This recent talk is making me nervous. I have 5 or 6 orders spread out on 2 accounts.

Again if they offer free shipping then a smart person is gonna grab onto that...7 to 8 days ok I can deal with that...Amazon said it can take up to 30 days....SLAP ME IN THE FACE AND CALL ME FRANCIS...That by all means is not a acceptable time frame even if I was shipping to asia....I could fucking walk a package to there place of buisness and piss on everyone of there cars faster then that.

If my status has changed by tomorow then I will be proven wrong and it arrived after 8 days even tho it should have taken maybe 5 days max.

None of you are experts on this and have n o right to tear me up just for haveing a bad expearience with this service...I have done plenty of online sales and have shipped many packages and never have I had this problem.

slbrey - they are just saying 30 days because that is pretty much the MAX it can take. They don't EXPECT it to take that long. They can't do anything about it until they receive it so they are just telling you pretty much all they can - to wait that long and then check back. What do you expect them to do? It takes as long as it takes and there's nothing they can do about it if they truly haven't received it yet. It sounds like after 30 days maybe they will accomodate you which is fine since if they never receive it they really have no way of knowing if you ever sent it or not.

FWIW, my first trade to them took 15 full days before they got it. It has been faster since then (but no shorter than 7 days - I am on the West Coast though) but media mail is highly variable, even when sending things short distances.

Edit: just checked a few older DC numbers and another package got delivered today (mailed the 29th). I haven't gotten the credit yet though. Usually they are pretty fast with it on the day of delivery. Another package I mailed at exactly the same time has not arrived yet - further proof that media mail is pretty random.

Guys, for the last time, you can make as many trades on one account as you like. I've received 12 codes on one account. I have my games reserved into next Spring.

[quote name='darkturkish']Hey what's up guys. What does Limit one discount per household, per qualifying order mean? If I have 4 orders over $60, do I only get one $30 bonus. Any help would be awesome. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I would take that to mean that if you trade in $120 worth of games, you're still going to get only 1 $30 code, but that you'll still get the code over multiple orders. It is worded a bit ambiguously though.

How do you guys pack these games? I've been boxing them up and surrounding them in the packing peanuts. But I'm looking at alot of little plastic bags from BBV,HWV,GS etc. anyone think I can use them for stuffing?

Would it be possible to mail your items out from a different address than what is on your account or would that not work with the prepaid shipping?

[quote name='J7.']Would it be possible to mail your items out from a different address than what is on your account or would that not work with the prepaid shipping?[/QUOTE]

I think the account it gets credited to is tracked via the address you use. Either way I wouldn't risk it until you got confirmation of changing it via Amazon CS.

just managed to get the G25 racing wheel for 22 bucks. Sent and email with the promotion page. send a link with the item listed under video games. sent them the promo code. they responded withing 3 hours. First they took away 50 dollars instead of 50%. bought yesterday for 212. take away the 50 bucks in went down to to 162. then I sent them another email saying they applied the wrong code it was suppose to be 50% off. So they manually adjusted the prize to 80 bucks. used 58 in gift card and 22 out of pocket. Plus I still managed to keep the code. So an extra 50% off for me. item shipped today so extremely happy. All this was done after I placed the ordered. It seems that is the only way they can manually adjust the prize.

My 3rd trade-in toward a $30 off coupon will go out tomorrow. Four copies of Endless Ocean this time. I was hoping to manage two trades, but couldn't quite pull it off. No big deal since the EO's all make a profit alone.

And to think that I thought originally that this amazon trade-in program was going to be a dud....

I'm all out of GS credit (in fact used cash for three of those EO's), so I'm going to take a break unless some uber flip appears.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']How do you guys pack these games? I've been boxing them up and surrounding them in the packing peanuts. But I'm looking at alot of little plastic bags from BBV,HWV,GS etc. anyone think I can use them for stuffing?[/QUOTE]

I've done them all kinds of ways from giant boxes full of crumpled paper to padded envelopes the games barely fit into. Mostly I try to stick with boxes (especially if it is more than 1 game). Fortunately I'm a pack rat so I had kept nearly all the smaller boxes from when I had gotten stuff from Amazon over the last few years. The thing is, I'm just about out. Being a cheapass I don't want to buy boxes just for this, so today while I was at Costco I snagged a few of the smaller ones they have up by the front lanes. They are a bit bigger than what I have been using, but I have a bunch of packing paper that I got with something I ordered (forget what) and I can fill them out with that.

I put all my games within a plastic bag or two and put the packing slip in there so it doesn't get lost amongst the packing paper. You could use the plastic bags for cushioning, but they tend to compress fairly easily and not really provide much protection.

[quote name='J7.']Would it be possible to mail your items out from a different address than what is on your account or would that not work with the prepaid shipping?[/QUOTE]

How different? I mean, the only indication of the address you mail it from is what you write on the return address area, right? So just put whatever you want on that - 99 times out of 100 the PO isn't going to care about that, especially if it is the same state.

Crunchewy - I'm with you there. I took a quick look at the trade-in values when it first started up and the first promo deal and thought it was pretty useless (was it $20 off a game $50 or over?). I'm not sure the trade-in values are any better but the promos sure are. Once I made the conscious decision that transferring GS credit, even at a loss, was worth it I've been going a little nuts ;). I still have quite a bit left though I wouldn't want to transfer all of it anyway. But after this last set I'll definitely only stick to positive flips even without considering the promo. EO, Star Wars Lightsaber Duels, and DK all qualified for that anyway (though I never found DK).

once all 3 of my shipments are sent out and received by amazon, i should have over $300 in amazon credit (including the $30 promos). but my GS credit has run thin (only $20 left) and i think it's going to be a while before i find ways to bring that back up..

[quote name='io']
How different? I mean, the only indication of the address you mail it from is what you write on the return address area, right? So just put whatever you want on that - 99 times out of 100 the PO isn't going to care about that, especially if it is the same state.
[/QUOTE]
It would be mailing it out in a different state than is on my amazon account that I made the trade in submission with. I'm concerned that the prepaid shipping might not allow for that or some problem doing that. I see that you put your games into a bag, is that to prevent water damage?

[quote name='J7.']It would be mailing it out in a different state than is on my amazon account that I made the trade in submission with. I'm concerned that the prepaid shipping might not allow for that or some problem doing that. I see that you put your games into a bag, is that to prevent water damage?[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I don't think the prepaid shipping label really has much of a connection to your address. I always assumed the address you provide when trading is just so they can return stuff to you that gets rejected. I think the media mail rate is the same so matter what anyway. I'd just send them from wherever and not worry about it.

Yeah, I put the games in bags just in case. It also helps keep the packing slip with the games. And sometimes the packing paper is, well, papery smelling and I figure the games are in really nice condition so I might as well isolate them from that. If you use something like newspaper to pack I would definitely bag the games. I mean, who here doesn't have scads of clean plastic bags left over from game buying? :lol:

I had a feeling our Thursdays TOTD wouldn't be an easy find. Luckily, I submitted an extra trade order for Star Wars before the TIV got raped. I found 4 of them today in complete condition from two stores :)

I am loving amazon credit. YOU CAN BUY ANYTHING!!!! I just placed an order for some fitness supplements. The end cost is cheaper than my usual spot due to these flips. Amazon already has low prices, free shipping, and i don't have to worry about 10% state tax. I figure im saving an additional 20% :applause:

Oh, add me to the list of those that got Delivery Confirmation added. It was tricky, but the PO clerk figured it out. She had to scan the barcode first and tell the system that the postage was already paid. All i had to do was give her 80cents for the DC

I sent out games with Hollywood Video coverart. I'll update when i hear back...probably 8 or so days.

edit: im still holding off on using my 50% codes. I am praying that by some miracle MS will at least announce a new Hard Drive or maybe lower the price on the 120gb. There seems to be alot of hardware talk recently.

How much do you guys insure your packages for, meaning, either:
-the value of their trade in value or
-their msrp or
-how much you paid for them?

What good is DC, I would think it wouldn't really help you with Noram. So I would just get insurance. I didn't get either on my first package, but may get insurance on this one.

I really underestimated how good this $30 coupon is. New games only cost us $24 in credit after coupon+ECA. We can earn multiple coupons, we have till 12/31 to use them, and we can use it on pre-orders. This will cover a few games that got pushed to 2010. Wow!

J7, insurance pricing is based on tiers. I would pretty much go as high as reasonably possible without hitting the next pricing tier.

[quote name='shrike4242']For anyone that is being told that you can't add DC and/or insurance to the package with a pre-paid mailing label, the post office employee is completely wrong.

All they need to do is scan the barcode on the shipping label and they'll see that DC and/or insurance can be added at your cost.[/QUOTE]

I've had them refuse on several occasions to even check, but good to know that I can get them to scan the barcode. I'll try this next time to see if I can get them to add it.

[quote name='Japakneez']I really underestimated how good this $30 coupon is. New games only cost us $24 in credit after coupon+ECA. We can earn multiple coupons, we have till 12/31 to use them, and we can use it on pre-orders. This will cover a few games that got pushed to 2010. Wow!

J7, insurance pricing is based on tiers. I would pretty much go as high as reasonably possible without hitting the next pricing tier.[/QUOTE]
Do I insure the games for what their current MSRP is new, or do I insure them for what their original MSRP was when they came out? For ex: Endless Ocean new $29.99 now or $49.99 then.

[quote name='Japakneez']I had a feeling our Thursdays TOTD wouldn't be an easy find. Luckily, I submitted an extra trade order for Star Wars before the TIV got raped. I found 4 of them today in complete condition from two stores :)

I am loving amazon credit. YOU CAN BUY ANYTHING!!!! I just placed an order for some fitness supplements. The end cost is cheaper than my usual spot due to these flips. Amazon already has low prices, free shipping, and i don't have to worry about 10% state tax. I figure im saving an additional 20% :applause:[/QUOTE]

So true. I just bought my son a batman power wheels lil quad with Amazon credit. Also I have a 50% coupon and 1 $30 credit with two more on the way. combine that with ECA, some games already 5 bucks cheaper and the new mp3 promotion. This is excellent! Man what can they do for an encore. I can't wait for CAG (Black) Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back